Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6771Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 04:46 AM   #18561
First To Quack

Quiet day here, I hope all of my northern friends are staying warm & safe. This storm looks pretty ugly.

I think today I will try to power thru on the quilt, it is within sight!

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #18562
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Enjoy the time with Jack's family. Where'd you go to eat?
We went to Red Lobster. Glad we were to meet before 5pm....we said 4:30pm. But, with the traffic we were a bit late. They were in a room all alone....it seems the waitress kept forgetting us. She wasn't that good.....

The food tasted good to me. We didn't do dessert...but, 2 of the others did. They said that it tasted bad. The complained to the waitress...she said that they could bring something else. But, by then...he didn't want it. It was taken off the bill.
Old 02-09-2013, 07:45 AM   #18563
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody...sounds good about the quilt...can't wait to see it! Good luck!

Maggie....take care of yourself.

Soni...love the hair cut. Tell Krista her hair looks great...saw the picture on FB.
Old 02-09-2013, 11:57 AM   #18564
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
We went to Red Lobster. Glad we were to meet before 5pm....we said 4:30pm. But, with the traffic we were a bit late. They were in a room all alone....it seems the waitress kept forgetting us. She wasn't that good.....

The food tasted good to me. We didn't do dessert...but, 2 of the others did. They said that it tasted bad. The complained to the waitress...she said that they could bring something else. But, by then...he didn't want it. It was taken off the bill.
That is so surprising because Red Lobster is usually THE place to go and always has great food. Sorry that it wasn't up to snuff. I'm glad that they did take the offending dessert off the bill.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #18565
Quacker Stamper

Afternoon Quacks.

I did get out to the store this morning after I talked to my GF Cathyi. She is having surgery on Thursday to remove about 7" of her large intestine on the left side, removing her spleen, and fixing her hernia. They were just going to do something with the spleen to bypass the blood supply to it, but then they decided to just remove it. Since they were going to be in there anyway, Cathyi asked if they could take care of her hernia at the same time, and the surgeon said sure. She also has 2 small tumors in her lungs, so after she recovers from the surgery, they'll either do chemo or radiation. So prayers would be appreciated.

I also learned today that the mother of an old GF of mine is going into kidney failure from the results of Diabetes. They said she has about a month to live. She lives in Utah. The GF that I know lives here in Katy. I haven't seen her in a long time or talked to her, but I've got to see if I can locate her phone number and giver her a call. I thought she was on FB, but I couldn't find her name on there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-09-2013, 12:05 PM   #18566
Quacker Stamper

I've had lunch, got the laundry moved around so it will be all done by tomorrow so my DD can use the washer and dryer while they are here. Just finished sweeping and mopping the floors and vacuumed the living room rug.

I also did another gargle. The throat is feeling a little better, but not completely gone yet.

I also started on my income taxes this morning. I think I may try to finish that up and see if I'm getting a refund back this year. That would be nice. I'm also going to see about refinancing my equity loan for my house and get some extra $$ to have the house rewired. One of the ladies I visit every month has the name of someone she knows that does electrical work. I would so love to have that done and then I wouldn't worry about anything. Maybe while he's at it, he can add a couple new outlets for me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #18567
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Quiet day here, I hope all of my northern friends are staying warm & safe. This storm looks pretty ugly.

I think today I will try to power thru on the quilt, it is within sight!
It was supposed to be warm and sunny today...late appearance of the sunshine, not near as warm as it was supposed to be...

I went to pick up meds I am going to try the other to see if it works... tho the DR and I both do not think it will

went to Barnes and Nobles, met Tam and Faith...Faith is here sleeping, Tam is in town
Sue is coming up and the boys will be here later...K & K have a birthday party to go to ..Ali will come after the game

looks like a gramma house tonight

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 02-09-2013, 12:49 PM   #18568
Mini Quack

Quote:
Dody...sounds good about the quilt...can't wait to see it! Good luck!

Maggie....take care of yourself.

Soni...love the hair cut. Tell Krista her hair looks great...saw the picture on FB.
thanks it easy to fluff today but I have not washed it yet we shall see I do like it, just hope I do not look like I am trying to be too young

I will tell Krista...hers ended up a good bit shorter than she wanted but she donated her hair so it is all good

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #18569
First To Quack

quilt is almost done....bimnding is on & I just have 1 more row to quilt, but it's 414 inches long! My hands are in a cramp. oh and I made 2 simple valentine cards...it's a start!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #18570
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

good job, Dody....all the way around!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:55 AM   #18571
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Still not feeling so good. Now I'm all stuffy and coughing (not too bad right now). I thought I felt feverish this morning, but I took my temp and it was normal (actually below normal). I'm going to use my machine to clean out my sinuses and maybe that will help.

Decided to stay home from church. It's all rainy and drizzly out and I don't want to be out in it and I don't want to take my germs to church and infect anyone else.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 AM   #18572
Mini Quack

good morning...

Dody wow you go girl

Maggie oh hope staying in and resting helps so much nasty stuff out there

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2013, 05:37 AM   #18573
Mini Quack

It is a gramma house here

K & K did not get here til after midnight to pick up kids, we were all asleep by then...so I have 4 grands here ...it is daddys weekend for Brooke

Mickey Mouse in on so Faith is content , Ali is resting D is watching cartoon in my room and cody is on kids laptop...Tammy is just relaxing wow quiet time all aroud

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2013, 05:59 AM   #18574
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Quackers. Still not feeling so good. Now I'm all stuffy and coughing (not too bad right now). I thought I felt feverish this morning, but I took my temp and it was normal (actually below normal). I'm going to use my machine to clean out my sinuses and maybe that will help.

Decided to stay home from church. It's all rainy and drizzly out and I don't want to be out in it and I don't want to take my germs to church and infect anyone else.
Maggie...sounds like a good call to stay home. Sure hope you feel better soon! The storms came through about 2am. I got up to unplug my computer...just in case. We had a ton of lightening.

I'm headed to Sue's (from our challenge group) today. Our group meets on Sunday afternoon once a month.
Old 02-10-2013, 02:50 PM   #18575
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh...forgot to tell you....yesterday, I was on the computer. I had already gotten dressed..but, needed to check something. Got hooked...was still on....okay, I don't need to explain that part....you have all been there! Anyway, I heard some scratching noises. Ignored it....then heard it again. Got up from the computer...and found Pie in the house with a lizard! Oh my...this lizard was huge!!!! It was 2" across the body...and about 12" long...that was including the tail!!! I reached down to pick it up...and it got away from me. Pie reached out...and put his paw in the middle of the lizard...no claws...just the paw. Held it down for me...and I picked it up. Apparently this one had been in the house before. I go over to the treat box to give Pie treats....can't put the lizard down on the counter...he would take off. I managed to get the box open...and then pulled the treat bag out. Still holding on to the lizard with three fingers....I opened the bag with thumb and forefinger with both hands. Pie is looking at me like it was taking too long....the lizard just waited. I walked out side....Jack was glued to a game on the computer. He didn't even know that Pie had trotted in with the lizard. He put the lizard out in a "new" location.

So....I marked the calender for the first catch and release of the season!!! Bring it on!!!!
Too funny. Better lizards than scorpions Ewwww.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:01 PM   #18576
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow.

Maggie, I hope you feel better. Rest and gargle best things for you it sounds like. Don't push going to work tomorrow.

Soni, cute hair. I've not seen KKs but the thought of her cutting her hair makes me weepy. I love her hair.

Dody, go you on that quilt! Are you going to use it?

Well, my big PC in the office breathed it's last breath. So I took it down today, cleaned up the office corner of the studio and have a much better working system. I can get to the desk to work. Only challenge I had was that my big printer won't hook up to the laptop. So I have the small HP for printing but can still use the big Xerox for copying/ sizing projects. Though it's starting to make noises so we'll see.

So the laptop has a place of honor downstairs. Guess Bob got me the netbook just in time.

But I think I've done enough for the day. I'm thinking Cup O Noodles and a movie. Soni, did you see the Valentine movie on Hallmark with Betty White? It was really good. If not, let me know and I"ll find out when it's running again. I also still have it on the DVR so could burn it to DVD for you (with commercials) hehe.

Bob has lots of down time tonight so when he calls I won't get anything else done so I'm off.

Maggie.. thanks for the bar stool link. I'm on the hunt for a new one and I think there's one on there I like.
Old 02-10-2013, 03:41 PM   #18577
Mini Quack

Kel hi there
yes I watched it again today and cried oh to love some one that way what a true testiment of LOVE
I saw it on reg TV when it debuted a couple or three years ago
amazing I would love a copy of it tho

I really like my hair so easy Krista touched her waist way too long had head aches but the lites and layers make her look 10 years younger so now she really looks 12 lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #18578
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

hey there....
I've been doing a few things here....now, I can catch up. Had a good afternoon at Sue's house. We took the triple stamping technique for all of us to do. Oh that is so much fun and it goes quick!!!

Well, I off to get super going.....we are having left overs. Which is what I planned...easier that way.

Then watch Once Upon a Time.....check in later.
Old 02-10-2013, 04:44 PM   #18579
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
good morning...

Dody wow you go girl

Maggie oh hope staying in and resting helps so much nasty stuff out there
Doing somewhat better. Still blowing my nose and have a bit of a cough, but not too bad.

I finished up another load of laundry before DD came over to use the washer and dryer. Worked on a couple of cards and got them all finished up. Started working on moving my paper to the big plastic paper keepers. I sure hope this system works.

Dinner turned out pretty good. I made a big pot roast in the crock pot with potatoes, carrots, onions and celery. Of course we had to have broccoli and cheese. It's the only veggie I know that both of them like. I'll have to ask my DD about this and try something different next time. We had fruit and rolls.

Dessert was a chocolate cake I made in another crockpot. It probably would have turned out much better if I had used milk chocolate chips instead of the bittersweet ones. They all ate it, but I could taste the bittersweet. We had vanilla ice cream (fat free) to go along with it. But I'm sure I blew my diet today. I'm going to have to be extra careful this week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-10-2013, 04:45 PM   #18580
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie...sounds like a good call to stay home. Sure hope you feel better soon! The storms came through about 2am. I got up to unplug my computer...just in case. We had a ton of lightening.

I'm headed to Sue's (from our challenge group) today. Our group meets on Sunday afternoon once a month.
Hope you had a fun time with Sue.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #18581
Mini Quack

hi again just checking in for the night

Maggie I sure hope this crud goes away without a fight

supper sounds yummy I need to cook some thing tomorrow

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #18582
Mini Quack

I hope Jaydin is resting tonight and all goes well tomorrow

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-11-2013, 05:24 AM   #18583
Mini Quack

good morning

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-11-2013, 05:26 AM   #18584
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
hi again just checking in for the night

Maggie I sure hope this crud goes away without a fight

supper sounds yummy I need to cook some thing tomorrow
Well, I hope so too, but I had a bad sleeping night and when the alarm went off, I decided that I needed one more day at home, so here I am.

I was surprised that after that yummy dinner, I weighed in the same as I did yesterday morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-11-2013, 05:27 AM   #18585
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

Good morning Soni.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-11-2013, 06:26 AM   #18586
Total Quack

Quote:
I hope Jaydin is resting tonight and all goes well tomorrow

Thank you. She slept very well once she went to sleep - but that took her forever. She's doing great this morning. We'll leave here in just a few minutes.

Photography Site

Old 02-11-2013, 08:18 AM   #18587
First To Quack

waving hi.....

as I fly by!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-11-2013, 08:51 AM   #18588
Mini Quack

Shell I am with you in spirit never easy to have to watch a child go thru surgery hugs

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 AM   #18589
Mini Quack

waving back...I am not flying having a really lazy day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #18590
Mini Quack

I started the new medication Sat at supper time...I am having to logue everything for the doctor... He is not sure it is a good choice, this is nothing compared to the meds I had...but is willing to let me try due to cost

In my opinion my health is worth more...just need to find a way in the budget...
so far less effective and side effects ...but I will give it time...
definitely cannot eat like I was : ( so
I am trying to just not over do... eating, stress or anything

wish me luck with that lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-11-2013, 10:03 AM   #18591
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell I am with you in spirit never easy to have to watch a child go thru surgery hugs

Thanks. She really did great. I just wish I could have gotten her to eat while we were at Chick Fil A. Then, I could have gotten her meds in her before the other wore off. That would have been much better for her, but I wasn't giving her the meds without something on her tummy. She's still having a tough time right now, but I think it's getting a little better.

Photography Site

Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #18592
First To Quack

checking in again, I finally finished that monster. My hand may be in a permament cramp tho. I have other projects to get to but they are all smaller, will be a breeze compared to that one.

Shell, I hope Jaydin is feeling better. I hate having to watch anyone in pain but a child just tears me up.

Sino, hope your new meds work. I hate logging anything. That's why I never could keep a journal more than a few days.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #18593
First To Quack

Maggie, I hope you are on the mend too. How's your weather?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-11-2013, 12:06 PM   #18594
Total Quack

Quote:
checking in again, I finally finished that monster. My hand may be in a permament cramp tho. I have other projects to get to but they are all smaller, will be a breeze compared to that one.

Shell, I hope Jaydin is feeling better. I hate having to watch anyone in pain but a child just tears me up.

Sino, hope your new meds work. I hate logging anything. That's why I never could keep a journal more than a few days.

That thing is just gorgeous. You did an outstanding job.

Thanks. She's a little better with medicine in her, but she's not moved from my side all day. I'm not sure what I'm going to get her to eat for supper. She needs to eat so that she can take some more medicine.

Photography Site

Old 02-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #18595
First To Quack

how about mashed potatoes or potato soup? something soft & comfort food...

oh thank you! It was not what I planned when I started cutting those triangles but when he said he was "over blue" well, I changed things up. I like it, any more orange would be too much IMO...with the orange walls & all YIKES...still scared about that! I think my blue Ohio Star quilt will go in the guest bedroom now. It is so vanilla right now, it needs a pop of color. Of course I'll have to make new curtains but that's ok.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #18596
First To Quack

Aren't y'all just loving the longer days? 6:00 and it's still quite light out

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #18597
Total Quack

Quote:
how about mashed potatoes or potato soup? something soft & comfort food...

oh thank you! It was not what I planned when I started cutting those triangles but when he said he was "over blue" well, I changed things up. I like it, any more orange would be too much IMO...with the orange walls & all YIKES...still scared about that! I think my blue Ohio Star quilt will go in the guest bedroom now. It is so vanilla right now, it needs a pop of color. Of course I'll have to make new curtains but that's ok.

Nope.... We have mashed potatoes, but that didn't work. I've made her a milkshake, and she seems to be doing better with that than with anything. She's not suppose to use a straw for 48 hours, but she's using a straw to drop the milkshake in her mouth without sucking through it. I'm hoping she can get enough in for her medicine. We'll see. I need to get that in her pretty soon. It's every 4-6, and it's been 5. I do NOT want it to wear off .... THAT was not pretty earlier.

FYI ... I've even had issues getting her to drink tea. She says everything hurts to swallow.

Ah ... a new project, I'm sure you just hate that. Seriously, you do beautiful work. Your house will look so homey with those wonderful quilts and homemade touches.

Photography Site

Old 02-11-2013, 02:37 PM   #18598
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I started the new medication Sat at supper time...I am having to logue everything for the doctor... He is not sure it is a good choice, this is nothing compared to the meds I had...but is willing to let me try due to cost

In my opinion my health is worth more...just need to find a way in the budget...
so far less effective and side effects ...but I will give it time...
definitely cannot eat like I was : ( so
I am trying to just not over do... eating, stress or anything

wish me luck with that lol
I hope that these new meds will be good for you Soni. But if there are giving you problems, then maybe not such a good thing. Not good that it's not letting you eat the same. You already weren't able to eat a lot of things.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-11-2013, 02:38 PM   #18599
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Thanks. She really did great. I just wish I could have gotten her to eat while we were at Chick Fil A. Then, I could have gotten her meds in her before the other wore off. That would have been much better for her, but I wasn't giving her the meds without something on her tummy. She's still having a tough time right now, but I think it's getting a little better.
Oh, sorry that she didn't have those meds in her before the other wore off. I'm sure she's having some discomfort, but I hope that some reat and sleep will help.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #18600
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I hope you are on the mend too. How's your weather?
Thanks Dody. I'm getting there. The weather is nasty - cold and drizzling. I'm sure glad I didn't have to go out in it except to feed the kitties outside. It's amazing that they don't seem to mind it much.
I saw your quilt on FB. It is gorgeous. The colors so bright and vibrant.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts