Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6343Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2013, 06:51 AM   #18361
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I just popped on the Posts list...Maggie is the # 1 poster on SCS!!! Followed closely by Shell at #3 & Soni is #9. Debbie is still on page 1 but I am mid page 2. Remember how silly we were trying to get our posts up to be page 1? Granny is still in the top 10 too.

It was silly, but it was fun ... chopped liver, whipped cream and so many other silly things.

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:24 AM   #18362
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Wow, so much going on.
Shell, glad Kenzie is back home. Thanks for the heads up on Jaydin's surgery. If she hasn't gotten the latest issue of that horse magazine, let me know. I'll see if there is a new issue and pick it up on Saturday and ship it just in time for recuperation

Soni, Whoo Hoo to Ali and Brooke. Your girls have raised good kids. You should be proud. Hope you're feeling better today.

Dody, I'll try to get to FB to see the quilt but it probably won't be before next week. Just too crazy this next few days.

Maggie, what a sweet thing for your vet's office and the crematory to do for you and for Reggie. Hugs.

Suzy, I got the list, thanks. I'll be mailing those out on Monday hopefully. I have something to pick up in Springfield for them but otherwise they are ready to go.

HI Karen, Bye Karen LOL

Lois, hope you're keeping warm.

Okay. I have a ton of stuff to do for this weekend. I'm looking at making 30 paper rosettes for our party on Saturday. I've just been waiting for the final head count - meaning I have them all to make today! ::: sigh ::: Plus make sure all the paper work for the various contests are ready for the writing party is ready for Saturday AND get my you know what post put up on my you know what (in my siggy line)
Hey...not a problem...glad I could help out! Can't wait to see what you are sending us! I'm ready for the next one! I've been working on Valentine stuff recently. Need to finish those and get them in the mail.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:26 AM   #18363
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Wow!!!!!! That was fabulous Suzy. I sure do hope that you can keep that up! I knew it was there just waiting to pop out!
Thanks, Maggie....it really surprises me when it all comes together like that! I've only had a 500 series once...and that was in the Monday league. They gave me a patch with that on there.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:29 AM   #18364
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
morning!

Suzy, what an awesome night of bowling! I never heard of a 'clean' game tho...what is that?

Soni, brrrr! You can keep those temps up there! I just can not 'do' cold anymore!!!

Maggie, what do you have planned for the week end?
A "clean" game is when you have either had strikes for every frame or you have picked up every spare for each frame. I went to the 10th frame....got a strike for the first ball, had a second ball....got all but three or four pins.....but, missed those altogether. So....that started the fabulous night!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:31 AM   #18365
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Last night we went to Cinderella at Justin's HS. Nice to be with the guys in charge since we get in free! The kids did a great job. I love being able to see the sets that Justin builds, and it's awesome to see his father so proud of him. Suzy, I wore your scarf & got lots of compliments on it...even a lady walking into the restroom as I was leaving pointed at it & said "Cute!!!" as she passed quickly by, lol!

I found the little cubby thing that matches my cubes so I'll build that today & see if it works for my ink pads. They were 50% so I got 2. I am wondering if I like organizing & decorating that room more than crafting in it we'll see!!!

Someone is FINALLY coming to talk numbers about the pool today. We'll see if we can swing more than a mud puddle. Bud had grand dreams, he wants an outside bathroom with shower as well as the pool, hot tub & get this... a table in the pool with stools under water. I want a water feature and deep water...that's it, lol! I think the boy is going to get a reality check this morning!
Sounds like a fun night!!! Ooh, la,la, Girl!!!! That's cool! Glad that you are enjoying your scarf. I just finished another one last night.....this one is the one with orange, red, burgandy, and rust.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:44 AM   #18366
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
No, you've not missed anything. I don't post much, anymore.

She's having a frenulectomy. She's tongue tied, and that's causing (and will continue to cause) issues with her teeth and swallowing. The orthodontist recommended that she be evaluated for it. The periodontist says that it is important to get it done, and to get it done soon, for health reasons.

It's not a big deal, but a big deal to her.

I was catching up....problem of no internet for over 12 hours and not home. I saw this about Jaydin. Is hers above her teeth or under her tongue. I'll be thinking about her. I had it done when I was about 4 or so....it was the under the tongue. No problems after the surgery. I actually remember them doing it. Namely getting to eat ice cream for my meals. I thought that was quite special! Then we moved from VA to CA. I had to go to a speech teacher for a few months. Gosh...I hadn't thought of that in years!!!! Well, you certainly wouldn't know it today that I had some speech issues!!! LOL
Old 02-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #18367
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Tonight after work, I'm going to stop in at the visitation. It's right on my way home sort of, so that will be okay. I don't plan to stay there long - just enough to say hi to my girls and greet the rest of the family there.

Saturday at 3 is the get together at Luby's with the family so I'll have some time to visit with the girls then, but they (especially Lisa) will be trying to touch base with all the family she never sees. I'm sure I won't get much if any one on one time with her.

Sunday morning I have RS meeting at 9 a.m. (<yawn> - no sleeping in that day) followed by church at 12:30 and then I'll have the rest of the day.

I've got a ton of stuff to do, so I don't really need anything else for this weekend. Oh, my GF is coming to get the boxes of food that I took out of my food storage room Saturday morning at 9.
Well, I saw this...and needed to back track. Sorry to hear the news about your ex-SIL. It will be a quick visit..but, at least you can touch base with the family...and be there for support.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:51 AM   #18368
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie...also saw that Reggie came home. Gosh, that was hard on you. Namely when you were just making peace with it. It sounds like such a nice group to send cards, certificate and the little heart. I know it doesn't replace her...but, a sweet thing for them to do. We never got anything like that where we had our first cats buried. Now that we have room....they are here at home.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #18369
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Pie's mouth is looking better. So, he only has 3 more pills left to take. Which hasn't been an issue at all....we have to spread the to every other day. To him, it's just an extra treat! Whatever makes it easy!!! At least it wasn't a rodeo with him! It could have been!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:57 AM   #18370
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

The main road to our house has been closed for a couple of months. They are putting new drainage in. There will be a new apartment complex going in on the corner. So, with all that cement...the water won't have a place to go besides the creek. It has flooded...and become a problem. By adding more development..it was going to make it worse. The town actually learned a lesson from a previous situation when they put the town hall in. It all dumped on the property behind us...the guy actually sued the town for it. Not sure where that went...but, anyway. They knew it would be an issue. So...like I said....that road has been closed. We've been cutting through the housing development across from our road. Now we find out...the intersection where the apt complex will be.....just east of what they have been working on will be closed starting Monday. That means no we have to find a different way to get in and out. Talk about a challenge! Not sure how long that will go on....probably about 8 weeks or so. Progress is such an issue sometimes!
Old 02-01-2013, 07:58 AM   #18371
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Not sure what our day holds...it is cold out! Pie brought Jack back in...yes, I know that sounds funny! Jack was sooo ready! It is just now 32*! I can't believe that it is suppose to get to the 60's today....but, the sun is out. So, maybe!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 AM   #18372
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody...I saw you comment about Bud's dream about the pool. I would like a hot tub....but, so far that hasn't happened! We won't have a pool....Jack use to put pools in when he was in high school. His dad had a pool business in NM. But, when his dad was sent to Vietnam....Jack had to take over the business for his dad. Jack doesn't even want to go there! Hope it works out for y'all!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:19 AM   #18373
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

okay...I've been the chatty one this morning! So..I'm off to do something productive!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #18374
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
I was catching up....problem of no internet for over 12 hours and not home. I saw this about Jaydin. Is hers above her teeth or under her tongue. I'll be thinking about her. I had it done when I was about 4 or so....it was the under the tongue. No problems after the surgery. I actually remember them doing it. Namely getting to eat ice cream for my meals. I thought that was quite special! Then we moved from VA to CA. I had to go to a speech teacher for a few months. Gosh...I hadn't thought of that in years!!!! Well, you certainly wouldn't know it today that I had some speech issues!!! LOL

Actually, she has both. The one they are clipping on the 11th is under her tongue. We're trying to get her teeth fixed, but the tongue is making it where she pushes her teeth out, and that can't be fixed without freeing her tongue. I hate it because we've always thought of her unique tongue as a 'fingerprint of God.' The doctor, however, pointed out that it's attached at the gum in a way that it will, eventually, pull the gum from the teeth and she could lose those teeth. So, this is the best for her. She has no .... NO ... speech issues. She never shuts up and is completely understood by everyone. We've been very blessed with that. We didn't even know that she had the issue until about 3 years ago when I tried to get her to touch her tongue to the tip of her nose.

She will have to have the one above her top teeth done later, but the orthodontist wants to wait a while for that.

It's really good to hear that you had no issues from yours. Jaydin certainly is looking forward to all of the ice cream and milkshakes.

Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM   #18375
First To Quack

wow, long day with the pool designer. She was here for 5 hours!!! The number is way higher than we like but so far the only thing we agreed to do without is the spa. We were iffy about it anyway & for the price tag...nope, don't even care about it.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-01-2013, 01:14 PM   #18376
First To Quack

Suzy, you asked about my blue plates. Here's the link of what they are:Fjorn Scandinavian

Bud's grandma collected them & when she passed we all got to pick one. She had the year we were married so I picked that one & it started my collection. Now I get one on important years, whether it's a birth or wedding or whatever. I had kept them in the master bedroom but since Bud is "so over blue" I put them in my craft room. Nice pop of color, right? I have the B&G Christmas plates and one RC plate that was my grandmas.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #18377
First To Quack

Ink cubbies will work great!!! I put one together & I love it. Now my work station is all white, no more mix of whatever I picked up here & there. Once I get my chair I am in business, the big cubbies for the stamp sets can be a later purchase. I think I'll move one of the big brown wall units down to my closet, should work well in there.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-01-2013, 01:21 PM   #18378
First To Quack

Quote:
The main road to our house has been closed for a couple of months. They are putting new drainage in. There will be a new apartment complex going in on the corner. So, with all that cement...the water won't have a place to go besides the creek. It has flooded...and become a problem. By adding more development..it was going to make it worse. The town actually learned a lesson from a previous situation when they put the town hall in. It all dumped on the property behind us...the guy actually sued the town for it. Not sure where that went...but, anyway. They knew it would be an issue. So...like I said....that road has been closed. We've been cutting through the housing development across from our road. Now we find out...the intersection where the apt complex will be.....just east of what they have been working on will be closed starting Monday. That means no we have to find a different way to get in and out. Talk about a challenge! Not sure how long that will go on....probably about 8 weeks or so. Progress is such an issue sometimes!
holy moly!!!! that's a long time to be tied up like that!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #18379
Total Quack

Quote:
Ink cubbies will work great!!! I put one together & I love it. Now my work station is all white, no more mix of whatever I picked up here & there. Once I get my chair I am in business, the big cubbies for the stamp sets can be a later purchase. I think I'll move one of the big brown wall units down to my closet, should work well in there.

I'm glad you found something that works for you. I do hope you enjoy working in there with all your new things.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #18380
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
I just popped on the Posts list...Maggie is the # 1 poster on SCS!!! Followed closely by Shell at #3 & Soni is #9. Debbie is still on page 1 but I am mid page 2. Remember how silly we were trying to get our posts up to be page 1? Granny is still in the top 10 too.
wow and most is on here

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 02-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #18381
Mini Quack

Quote:
A "clean" game is when you have either had strikes for every frame or you have picked up every spare for each frame. I went to the 10th frame....got a strike for the first ball, had a second ball....got all but three or four pins.....but, missed those altogether. So....that started the fabulous night!!!
awesome

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #18382
Mini Quack

all caught up not easy both computers are not playing nice lol

I had a good day, enjoyed seeing Lisa and stopped to see dear friend that we just went to the service for her husband... she just had knee surgery too so I hope to go back soon and visit more

potpie for supper for lack of wanting to cook

Amy is coming tonight , needs opinons on a situation she is dealing with ~ not sure why she wants mine but I am glad to be there for here

cold cold cold

Dody hope you get all you want in pool, room is really coming along
maggie enjoy your daughters
Suzy geesh on that way in and out

Shell prayers for jaydin

not sure if I will be on later

have a great night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-01-2013, 03:59 PM   #18383
Total Quack

Pictures of the finished Seam/Lair/Haven. Still need to find a table or two for the embroidery machines, move the fabric in, and put up some ... decor, but the room, in general, is done. The accent color is the color in the Haven.

Some of the pictures are to show the space between the cutting table and the walls.
Attached Thumbnails
seam-1.jpg   seam-2.jpg   seam-3.jpg   seam-4.jpg   seam-5.jpg  

Old 02-01-2013, 04:32 PM   #18384
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Pictures of the finished Seam/Lair/Haven. Still need to find a table or two for the embroidery machines, move the fabric in, and put up some ... decor, but the room, in general, is done. The accent color is the color in the Haven.

Some of the pictures are to show the space between the cutting table and the walls.
It looks fabulous! I really like the extra touches of color that you added on the walls. Is that light blue or a mauve color?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #18385
Total Quack

Quote:
It looks fabulous! I really like the extra touches of color that you added on the walls. Is that light blue or a mauve color?

Thank you.

It's a very light purple - Heffalump Purple, the same as the Haven.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:24 PM   #18386
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

looks good, Shell......
Old 02-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #18387
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. A chilly 45* here today, but I think it will be a nice day.

The visitation went very well. I saw a lot of people that I haven't seen in a very long time and some I hardly recognized they've changed so much. I only stayed until 7 when they were going to start saying the Rosary. Both my girls left then too. We were all hungry by then since I went right from work. By then too, my right hip was hurting a lot. I had been standing up since I got there.

This afternoon we'll all meet after the burial at Luby's for a meal except her son and his family are going out to Conroe (North of Houston) to visit her dad who is not doing well. I guess they don't get back here all that often either to visit her family.

I did work on a card last night and got it finished up. It's for a digital image challenge and also it's up on my blog for an event that the Paper Bloggers Unite are having this weekend. I need to get cards done for both DT's today also. No other plans to get out. I may wait and stop at the grocery store on my way home from the get together this afternoon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-02-2013, 04:37 AM   #18388
First To Quack

morning

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 AM   #18389
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Morning.....

Maggie....glad the visitation went well with the family. Sounds like you got to see quite a few people. Nice that y'all will get together to eat.

Dody....so, how is sunny FL today?

It's a bit chilly here this morning. Pie is outside...wonder how long that will last?

We have our meeting this afternoon. I got my books all square....yeah!
Old 02-02-2013, 06:40 AM   #18390
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Debby is starting her Walk Across TX again. It seems to come earlier and earlier...not sure if that's true or not. But...it seems that way. Let's see if I can put more steps in each day!!! The whole point of this is to get you active.....got to remember that! It's a 'friendly' competition. It seems like there is always a team or two that are way too serious for that stuff. At least I can count my bowling time!!
Old 02-02-2013, 07:48 AM   #18391
Stazon Splitcoast

Go Suzy! You guys can do it. I have faith.

I've been on the Wii at least 3 days a week... usually more. Next week I will add running or bicycling in the afternoon on top of the 90 min morning workout.

Bob and I have a challenge. The one of us who loses the most when he comes back in 3 weeks gets an extra $50. with my trip in April coming up, I could use that.
Old 02-02-2013, 02:15 PM   #18392
First To Quack

whew, busy day here but oh so productive! I started by putting my new organizer cubbies together. They work great for ink pads if you stuff a piece of tissue paper behind the as the cubbies are 7" deep. As I was putting the ink pads in order Bud comes upstairs & installs both ceiling fans for me. YAY!!! While he did that I rearanged things in the craft room, decided I didn't want to use another set of big cubbies so I moved my computer desk under the plates. Then I moved 1 shelf unit to our bedroom closet & the other one I put on a different wall & organized my paper & stamp sets there. Looks promising! THEN we ran over to the pool place to see what we could learn there. On the way home we stopped at a bar stool store; tiny store with only bar stools. Yikes! They were $$$$$, like $400 for one stool!!!! I told the owner that no way could I spend that on a stool for my craft room & he asked if I only needed one. He had a stool fall when delivered & needed rewelded (already done) hmmmmm, I looked at it, very nice & comfy. But it regularly sold for $469, are you freaky kidding me? Lonf story short (too late, I know) I got it for $169! Much better if still pricey but doable! So now the room is usable! Not finished but when I get the time, I can craft again!! Yeah!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #18393
Total Quack

Quote:
looks good, Shell......

Thanks.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #18394
Total Quack

Quote:
whew, busy day here but oh so productive! I started by putting my new organizer cubbies together. They work great for ink pads if you stuff a piece of tissue paper behind the as the cubbies are 7" deep. As I was putting the ink pads in order Bud comes upstairs & installs both ceiling fans for me. YAY!!! While he did that I rearanged things in the craft room, decided I didn't want to use another set of big cubbies so I moved my computer desk under the plates. Then I moved 1 shelf unit to our bedroom closet & the other one I put on a different wall & organized my paper & stamp sets there. Looks promising! THEN we ran over to the pool place to see what we could learn there. On the way home we stopped at a bar stool store; tiny store with only bar stools. Yikes! They were $$$$$, like $400 for one stool!!!! I told the owner that no way could I spend that on a stool for my craft room & he asked if I only needed one. He had a stool fall when delivered & needed rewelded (already done) hmmmmm, I looked at it, very nice & comfy. But it regularly sold for $469, are you freaky kidding me? Lonf story short (too late, I know) I got it for $169! Much better if still pricey but doable! So now the room is usable! Not finished but when I get the time, I can craft again!! Yeah!

That sounds great! I'm glad you have it all set up and usable. I wanna see a picture of a almost $500 bar stool!!

Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #18395
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Debby is starting her Walk Across TX again. It seems to come earlier and earlier...not sure if that's true or not. But...it seems that way. Let's see if I can put more steps in each day!!! The whole point of this is to get you active.....got to remember that! It's a 'friendly' competition. It seems like there is always a team or two that are way too serious for that stuff. At least I can count my bowling time!!
I did that with her one year either 2 or 3 years ago. I'd do it again, but I'm not walking so fast these days. Glad to see you getting out there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #18396
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Fabulous that you got the cubbies put together! Fabulous that you moved your desk to be more productive; and FABULOUS on scoring that bar stool for a great price! Can't wait to see. Do you have photos on FB yet?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-02-2013, 04:14 PM   #18397
Quacker Stamper

Hi Quackers. I had a nice time at the dinner get together. There seemed to be more people there today than there were last night. I got there a little bit later, but actually walked in with a niece and great niece. Got to chat with a couple of my nieces and my sister. Most everyone had left by the time we did. One of the sisters was still there with her 2 boys and a DIL. There was also another sister there - the youngest who is a couple years younger than me. Then my 2 DD's were still there and 2 nieces and 2 great nieces. I know my DD wanted as much time with the family as she could get. They invited me to go out to my other DD's house here, but I declined. I still had to go to the grocery store and I still have my 2 DT cards to make and some other stuff. So, I'm off now to get comfy and do some coloring.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-02-2013, 04:38 PM   #18398
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I did that with her one year either 2 or 3 years ago. I'd do it again, but I'm not walking so fast these days. Glad to see you getting out there.
Yep...I remember that you did it too. Well, it's not the fast part...it's the amount. So, we'll see how much I do each day. I didn't do too bad last time...but, would like to take it up a notch.
Old 02-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #18399
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Yes, that does sound like a score!!! I'm not surprised about the original price! We looked into new bar stools for our breakfast bar.....after we picked ourselves off the floor....we walked out of the showroom. Shaking our heads....what are they thinking? Who pays that much for that? Apparently someone does!
Old 02-02-2013, 04:41 PM   #18400
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Hi Quackers. I had a nice time at the dinner get together. There seemed to be more people there today than there were last night. I got there a little bit later, but actually walked in with a niece and great niece. Got to chat with a couple of my nieces and my sister. Most everyone had left by the time we did. One of the sisters was still there with her 2 boys and a DIL. There was also another sister there - the youngest who is a couple years younger than me. Then my 2 DD's were still there and 2 nieces and 2 great nieces. I know my DD wanted as much time with the family as she could get. They invited me to go out to my other DD's house here, but I declined. I still had to go to the grocery store and I still have my 2 DT cards to make and some other stuff. So, I'm off now to get comfy and do some coloring.
That's great that you had a good time. Glad that you were able to get some visiting time in with family. Oh, by the way...the envelope came today....I'll let you know. Both of us have had the sniffles today....yuck!