Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6247Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #18201
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
So sorry to read the sad news from Lois & Maggie. Soni, I hate that you are going thru this with your meds again.

Shell, how silly of me to ask what color your Haven is....like there would be any other color for you, lol. We have so much painting to do...just can't get on top of it all. That and 8 ceiling fans to install before the weather gets warm. oh and landscaping...we want to play around with that too.......and so I am going to go finish my book and turn my back to it all
Thank you Dody. I almost forgot that I had posted that about my friends' DIL.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #18202
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
My deductible went from $125.00 up to $325.00 and my medication was changed to a different tier under Medicares plan so it will take 8 months then it will drop back to the old price, well with in $2.00 of it ...

there is one generic I can try that will not be affected by deductible, but not sure it will work I am waiting to see what my doctor thinks... this is that same medication I struggled to keep * sigh
Today I am trying to find the manufacturer and see if they can help in any way
So sorry about the deductible. How come it went up? Did you have to get a new plan?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-25-2013, 03:46 PM   #18203
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Maggie....well, it was beautiful yesterday almost 80*.....but today, it's going to get to the high 50's or so. Not sure what is headed your way. I know we are to get some rain.
It was in the high 70's today and supposed to be in the 70's over the weekend. We're supposed to get some colder weather again sometime next week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #18204
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Good morning...just a quick fly by. Not feeling well, have had tummy issues, cough and the sniffes. Didn't go to the hospital yesterday and won't go today either. But my mom called and said my dad was doing great. But won't be able to leave until maybe Monday as they have to get his PT count up (he has an artifical heart valve) and they need it up so he doesn't get blood clots that would travel to the valve. Other than that...all is well with him. THANKS so much for all your good thoughts and prayers.

Now I'm going to see if I can keep some breakfast down.
Glad to hear that your dad is doing better. Sorry that you're not feeling well today. Hope you feel better.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-25-2013, 03:49 PM   #18205
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
hey girls....well, I did finally get to WM for groceries. I bought a new skillet. My old one was starting to stick all the time....so much for non-stick!!! I got a 12.5 in one...got it home and was told that it was too big. Oh he had to get one from under the counter and show me. I only use that other one for rice when I need a big one. Then he had to go and measure it and told me I needed a 10.25". Well, it ended after lunch I went back and returned it. I found one that was 10"...but the cooking surface was smaller...wouldn't even do 2 sandwiches!! So, I found an 11" and a 9.5" together. I was going to replace my smaller one too...but I could wait. It was packaged together. Discovered that the 11" would be just fine because it worked out to be about 10.25 or so for the cooking surface. Then walked through the shoe dept. I've needed a pair of boots to wear for the rocket launches when the field is muddy. I scored! Found a pair of rain boots that have an insole inside....might add an extra one.

Now...I'm starting on the laundry. Sort of messed up my plan...making my second trip. But, in the long run it turned out perfect!
Glad that you were finally able to find the right skillet for your stove and the new boots.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-25-2013, 03:53 PM   #18206
Quacker Stamper

I've got a women's meeting at church tomorrow that goes from 9 - 3:30 so I'll basically be gone all day. I need to make up a grocery list so I can go off to the store when I get home. A GF is going to come pick me up at 8:30.

Need to go get some other things done tonight too.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-25-2013, 04:13 PM   #18207
Total Quack

Cubbie base is together. I've put these in the configuration as though the table top was on them. The table top will not go out any further than the cubbies are placed.
Attached Thumbnails
cutting-table-1.jpg   cutting-table-2.jpg  

Old 01-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #18208
~~Triple S Threat~~

Wink

Quote:
Thanks....it sounds like you had a great time with Dody and Bud. Loved seeing the pictures that were posted on FB.

Well, my day is....laundry and grocery shopping....can't put either off much longer!!!
Did a load of laundry...then went to mom & dads...helped Randy mix concrete in a buckle for moms laundry pole.

We were to have pizza back here, but the Smiths stopped by so we went to Sonnys...YUMMM.

Old 01-25-2013, 05:58 PM   #18209
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
hey Kel ~

I have not bought any cappachino since Sams stoppped carrying the one we liked ? Victorian lace or something

so what do you use now ? Ali has mentioned she likes Cappachino, not sure where she has tried it I did see some at Walmart. Folgers and Hills Bros but not much regular I saw french vanilla, or carmel. or hazel nut?? was the one we liked regular ? or french vanilla??
We were buying the French Vanilla. After spending all my time at Borders, I got hooked on Caramel Mocha. I make my own mix. I'll have it with me and can make some when I come up for you guys to try. The recipe is on my weight loss blog if you want the link.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:04 PM   #18210
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Soni, I had fresh stawberries today also. Do you know that if you eat a few chocolate chips with a strawberry that it taste just like chocolate covered ones? Much easier than dipping them!!! Yeah~ you can see how my diet is going....
LOL

So glad i don't like chocolate covered strawberries.

I wonder if that would work with Cherries too? Hmm
Old 01-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #18211
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Cubbie base is together. I've put these in the configuration as though the table top was on them. The table top will not go out any further than the cubbies are placed.
Love the layout, Shell! Just give me a call if you want me to drop that in the mail. I'll pull it tomorrow just in case.
Old 01-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #18212
Stazon Splitcoast

Lois, sorry to hear you're not feeling well but that your Dad is doing so well. Did you get any of the sleet Thursday night? We did not. Pleasant day today but I had to be away from the house all day - no laundry for me.

Soni, sorry you're dealing with medicine issues. I really dislike money-grubbing companies with no thought as to how it affects the people who make the money for them. Grrr. Okay, off rant.

Debbie, good to see you stopping by. Glad you guys got to meet up with Dody and Bud. Sounds like you had a great visit!

Dody, your plans sound as busy as mine. I'm trying really hard not to ignore them. I did explain to Bob where I wanted some peg board in the sewing room so he's going to take care of that for me tomorrow. I want to hang up my big cutting mat and all my rulers ... trying to permanently clear the cutting table so I'm not moving stuff when I want to use it. That might help me make more use of it

Maggie, prayers for the couple in your ward. So hard when they have young ones to worry about.

Suzy, Score on the skillets. Bob was talking about wanting a new skillet just this morning for making crepes. I don't want a crepe pan for all the more frequently we would make them. I dont' need anything else in the cupboard.

Oh, Soni, I finally had to get rid of my goose kettle. The teflon on the inside just peels too bad. I needed lighten the load in the cabinet more than I needed to keep a pan I never use anymore just because it was Grammy's. Thought about turning it into a flower pot... maybe with some herbs.

Am I forgetting anyone? I'm suppose to be writing
Old 01-25-2013, 06:22 PM   #18213
Stazon Splitcoast

It's been a running day but I've still managed to get a few things done. After a late start to our morning, I got a load of dryer laundry started and a late breakfast. Then I met with the assist. Fire Chief of Birch Tree about an article I'm working on for the paper. Bob met me at the restaurant and we went to West Plains. I picked up some things at $ Tree I need for gifts for my writers group committee members for our party next weekend.

Then we went to Coltons for dinner then over to Walmart to get the pegs for my peg board. They didn't have what I wanted so Bob and I are going to hope we can come up with enough here at home without having to make another trip into town. I really want this done tomorrow so I can finish the sewing room and start on the Studio Sunday.

Back at home, bed is made and I"ve been working on my novel. Need to get back to it but wanted to check in with you guys.
We are do to get rain in here starting tomorrow afternoon and up through Tuesday or Wed of next week. Mon and Tue highs should be in the mid 60s with thunderstorms. Crazy! So I might not be in here. Sweet Dreams!
Old 01-25-2013, 06:36 PM   #18214
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Soni, I had fresh stawberries today also. Do you know that if you eat a few chocolate chips with a strawberry that it taste just like chocolate covered ones? Much easier than dipping them!!! Yeah~ you can see how my diet is going....
the kids like them with just sugar sprinkled on them or cool whip to did in ... but I might try that ~ as soon as I buy chocolate chips... If I but them then I must make home made cookies lol
I remember when I used to really enjoy doing that * sigh

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 01-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #18215
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So sorry about the deductible. How come it went up? Did you have to get a new plan?
No, same plan I have Medicare Blue RX...but it has to follow Medicare guide lines So it is a Medicare deductible
No reason given why it went up well other than the Obama plan

It is an expensive medication, with my RX plan I have been blessed to only have to pay 9.00 a month for a $100.00 script
now it is discounted from $119.00 to 86.00 but RX plan takes it down to 42.00 If I had the extra 30.00 a month I would not mind at all, it is still a great discount ...
I just need to figure it all out re arrange my budget some how

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 01-25-2013 at 06:46 PM..
Old 01-25-2013, 06:40 PM   #18216
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
that looks like you still have plenty of room to get around it ... the room sure is looking different already

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-25-2013, 06:42 PM   #18217
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
We were buying the French Vanilla. After spending all my time at Borders, I got hooked on Caramel Mocha. I make my own mix. I'll have it with me and can make some when I come up for you guys to try. The recipe is on my weight loss blog if you want the link.
ok thanks, maybe I will pick up some of the french vanilla one for Ali~ unless she knows what kind it is she likes at her friends house .

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-25-2013, 06:52 PM   #18218
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
It's been a running day but I've still managed to get a few things done. After a late start to our morning, I got a load of dryer laundry started and a late breakfast. Then I met with the assist. Fire Chief of Birch Tree about an article I'm working on for the paper. Bob met me at the restaurant and we went to West Plains. I picked up some things at $ Tree I need for gifts for my writers group committee members for our party next weekend.

Then we went to Coltons for dinner then over to Walmart to get the pegs for my peg board. They didn't have what I wanted so Bob and I are going to hope we can come up with enough here at home without having to make another trip into town. I really want this done tomorrow so I can finish the sewing room and start on the Studio Sunday.

Back at home, bed is made and I"ve been working on my novel. Need to get back to it but wanted to check in with you guys.
We are do to get rain in here starting tomorrow afternoon and up through Tuesday or Wed of next week. Mon and Tue highs should be in the mid 60s with thunderstorms. Crazy! So I might not be in here. Sweet Dreams!
looks like a strand of cold here still 11 tonight in 20's for a few days freezing rain and sleet Sunday and Sunday night maybe war,er Monday but back down Tuesday yuk ... and I need to go in to help Tammy clean at grandpas...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-25-2013, 06:55 PM   #18219
Mini Quack

The boys are gone, tho Dustin wanted to stay, I was not sure if I was going to Brooke's tournament or not...but I just heard it is at () and depends on if they win...so I doubt I get to go in for it ... I am disappointed, it was her first year and I did not get to see her play Volleyball at all

I think I will try to look up a couple of things on the computer and then go to bed...

Night all

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 AM   #18220
Mini Quack

Good Morning ... I see sunshine today

I slept better, tho I still woke up a couple of times, I did go right back yo sleep ...

Not sure what I am doing today, it may be another at home day unless I decide to go do some thing

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 06:06 AM   #18221
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Oh so nice to get Hugs. I saw that photo of you and Debbie alone and your hair is FABULOUS! It looks so great on you. You did really ROCK it!
thank you!!! I like it better tucked behind my ears but I had just washed it & ya know that saying 'I just washed my hair & can't do a thing with it'...well thats me!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-26-2013, 06:10 AM   #18222
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmwife View Post
Did a load of laundry...then went to mom & dads...helped Randy mix concrete in a buckle for moms laundry pole.

We were to have pizza back here, but the Smiths stopped by so we went to Sonnys...YUMMM.
Glad you got your Sonnys! Was it better than Crabby Joes? Sorry about that, I forgot that you don't like seafood. We love to try different places & eating on a pier is one of our fave places. At least the company was good, right?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-26-2013, 06:11 AM   #18223
First To Quack

Shell, your workroom will be awesome!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 AM   #18224
First To Quack

Soni, you can't go wrong with French Vanilla, even if she likes another flavor better. I get FV beans & we enjoy that. For creamer I like a sweet cream or peppermint mocha.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-26-2013, 07:31 AM   #18225
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

good morning.....

Well, it is suppose to be cooler here. Not sure if we'll get some rain...but, it looks a little grey right now. Pie just came in briefly....announced himself...and walked outside. Jack is on the porch doing "babysitting" duties!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:33 AM   #18226
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Well girls....looks like we only have 1 slot to fill for our next go round of the monthly challenge. I'm so excited! Yes, Dody....I have you down as "playing"!!!! You can have a later month...so plenty of time to organize things!!! Just taking care of ya!!

I haven't made a list yet for the challenge. Will need to get that organized....
Old 01-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #18227
Mini Quack

Quote:
Soni, you can't go wrong with French Vanilla, even if she likes another flavor better. I get FV beans & we enjoy that. For creamer I like a sweet cream or peppermint mocha.
Splenda has a add in flavor sugar substitute , French vanilla is one , has mocha too or hazelnut
not a creamer but Wally loved it : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 09:42 AM   #18228
Mini Quack

Quote:
Well girls....looks like we only have 1 slot to fill for our next go round of the monthly challenge. I'm so excited! Yes, Dody....I have you down as "playing"!!!! You can have a later month...so plenty of time to organize things!!! Just taking care of ya!!

I haven't made a list yet for the challenge. Will need to get that organized....
I do not think I requested a month yet, has any one else done that?? if so can you let me know what is available please

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #18229
First To Quack

Suzy, lol, I love that you want me to play along so of course I'll take whatever month you need me too. And your check is finally in the mail!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #18230
First To Quack

Tada! one ceiling fan & light kit is up! and only 7 more to go. This one took over 3 hours as we had to figure things out & stop to visit with a neighbor. Hopefully the rest will go much faster.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #18231
First To Quack

SUZY!!! Bud just brought the mail in and the scarf is here!!! It's soooo cooooolllll! Thank you! I love the colors!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #18232
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell, your workroom will be awesome!

Thank you. I looked at table top stuff today. The melamine just doesn't look like it will hold up well enough, so I'm going to get a piece of cabinet-grade plywood (hardwood), I think. I'm still thinking through that, though. We did buy a new light fixture for the room. Mark will get it installed and we'll decide if we need to install any others to get enough light in there.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:53 PM   #18233
Mini Quack

figure skating on tv, warm cobbler just out of the oven, yep time for tea

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-26-2013, 03:02 PM   #18234
Stazon Splitcoast

Good evening, ladies.
Getting ready to sit and write for about 4 hours but wanted to check in first. I didn't get the sewing room finished today. The peg board is hung on the wall at the end of the cutting table. I'm waiting to determine if I want it longer before I paint it. We went with what we had on hand and it doesn't come all the way down to just below the edge of the table. Since I don't want to drill into the concrete to secure the bottom edge, I was counting on the table to do that. So we'll see. But I'll be able to hang up cutting implements and rulers.

Instead of the sewing room I did 7 loads of laundry. We got to 57 and no rain until later tonight so I took advantage of the clothes line. , kennels are clean and dogs won't starve for a couple days. Dishes are completely done, plus spent some game time with Bob before he left for meeting. While I was doing my stuff, Bob got firewood brought in for the week and framed in the peg board. So, not a total loss.. just not where I thought I'd be. hehe
Old 01-26-2013, 03:29 PM   #18235
Total Quack

Drat! Kelly - I meant to tell you (about 3 times) that I have some of the old paint left, so I'm good to go on that. Even if the paint isn't great, I can make a paint chip and take it to get more. Thanks so much for offering 1/2 of your chip!

Old 01-26-2013, 04:49 PM   #18236
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I do not think I requested a month yet, has any one else done that?? if so can you let me know what is available please
I haven't made a list. Roxie asked for a specific time....so, I already gave her August. I was waiting to fill the last slot. If I don't get it filled...I'll just take another month.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #18237
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Suzy, lol, I love that you want me to play along so of course I'll take whatever month you need me too. And your check is finally in the mail!
Yes....I'm excited!!!! So...we'll figure out a month as soon as I get the list up.

I'll let you know when it shows up. Thanks...

Last edited by SuzyS1104; 01-26-2013 at 04:54 PM..
Old 01-26-2013, 04:52 PM   #18238
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
SUZY!!! Bud just brought the mail in and the scarf is here!!! It's soooo cooooolllll! Thank you! I love the colors!
Wow....I'm impressed it got there so soon!!! I didn't expect it to get there until Tuesday!!!!

I'm so glad that you like it! Yes, I just love those colors!
Old 01-26-2013, 04:58 PM   #18239
~~Triple S Threat~~

Wink

Quote:
Glad you got your Sonnys! Was it better than Crabby Joes? Sorry about that, I forgot that you don't like seafood. We love to try different places & eating on a pier is one of our fave places. At least the company was good, right?
Sonnys...YUMMM was good. I had pulled pork. Crabby Joes was also good. It was a good excuse to go there. Had mom & dad here for pizza tonight.

Beautiful full moon tonight.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #18240
~~Triple S Threat~~

Wink

Quote:
Splenda has a add in flavor sugar substitute , French vanilla is one , has mocha too or hazelnut
not a creamer but Wally loved it : )
I love French vanilla. I buy French vanilla sugar free cream. I even have dh using it.