Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6333Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 02:12 PM   #17801
First To Quack

thank you all, just a hard day. The kids are devastated. Justin did get to see the baby on ultrasound on tuesday, when I reminded him that we would see this child in heaven he said yeah but it's so small...how will I know it? Poor guy, his heart will know it. It was just hard seeing the baby & hearing it's heartbeat...and then...gone.

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #17802
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
thank you all, just a hard day. The kids are devastated. Justin did get to see the baby on ultrasound on tuesday, when I reminded him that we would see this child in heaven he said yeah but it's so small...how will I know it? Poor guy, his heart will know it. It was just hard seeing the baby & hearing it's heartbeat...and then...gone.

That's such a devastating loss ... especially for their first baby. I pray that they will have comfort and peace. It will take time, though.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:07 PM   #17803
Stazon Splitcoast

hi ladies. I'm putting everything in one post as SCS has been fittin with me since I booted up the netbook. I dont' want to leave anyone outl.

Soni... I am so sorry. You know I loved Grandpa Don. Such a sweet man then. I know it hasn't been that way most recently but remember the man we knew and loved. Hugs!

Dody... So sorry for Liz and Justin. Justin's sentiment just breaks my heart. On a better note, Go You in th 5 pounds. I'm back up 2 and have no clue why. Grrrr

Maggie... I'm feel for you having to go through that with Reggie. I know it was not easy to do. I'm glad she'll be back with you in some form soon. I'll talk to you soon about something.

And for the three of you I pray for peace and pleasant memories and for the girls as they forge ahead to another part of this journey. I just know how far Tammy and Krista have come in their relationship and it makes me so proud of them for where they are now. Such a difference.

We are at a hotel in Springfield. Except for my trip to JoAnns we got all the errands run that needed done. So after my meeting tomorrow we can get out of here... hopefully ahead of the weather.

I think I'm headed to the hot tub. We're still full from lunch so not sure what we're doing for supper. We were going for crab legs but I don't] know if I have room LOL

Wll try to check in tomorrow.
Hugs!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #17804
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Thank you all so much! We know it has been coming, but doesn't make it easier when it happens. I am relieved that God has taken away his pain. And I know Grandpa was wanting to see his mom, and am so glad for him that now he can. And he promised me that when he saw my daddy he would give him the biggest hug ever from me. So the relief and peace does encircle the hurt and sadness from losing another very special person in my life.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:30 PM   #17805

Maggie, I am so sorry to hear about Reggie! I know your furbabies are so very special to you, as so many of us.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #17806

Dody, so so so sad that this has happened! I know you are all devastated with this. So heartbreaking!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:04 PM   #17807
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
more bad news, Ladies. Liz lost our baby this morning. such a sad day for us all.
OH this was just so sad ...Dody my heart hurts with you and of course Justin and Liz~ I am so glad that you and Bud are in Florida right now to be there with them...
Prayers for Liz to recover physically and for both of them to heal... Hugs to all and yes today was a sad day for so many of us , but we are here to support each other and hopefully that helps ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM   #17808
Mini Quack

Quote:
Oh that poor young man... time does heal but I do know his feeling... and yes you and I know he simply will know ~

Definitely one of those times we may never understand but we must believe God has a plan... I hope God blesses them soon in a way that they both can feel and that is helpful ...
Definitely a time being a parent is not easy , never easy to see your child hurt

hugs wrapped in prayers, I truly wish there was some thing more I could say or do

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 01-11-2013 at 05:19 PM..
Old 01-11-2013, 05:13 PM   #17809
Mini Quack

Krista and I went in to Tammy's and to gather items to take to the funeral home, and try to do the obituary... We feel it is lacking so we hope to finish that tomorrow
We did go see Don's sister, she is 88 and the only one left...she was so grateful we stopped there ...

We will be gone again tomorrow, so if I am MIA know I am with my girls, and hope to be of help if nothing else I can play with Faith

I will be thinking of all of you, and I hope the weekend can be better ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 04:18 AM   #17810
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. I was so drained last night I went to bed at 8 PM and slept til 4 then back to sleep until 6. It was weird because the fan shutting off work me up at 6. Don't know why it did that because all the lights didn't go off. It was only for about 30 seconds and then came back on again. No storm in the area at the time. Just strange.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 AM   #17811
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I am sure that Heavenly Father will know that little baby and make sure that they will all be reunited. We believe that families are forever and that those little ones who pass on as children will be reunited with their families and the parents will have the joy of raising them in the next life. Life does go on. It doesn't end here. It's just in a different realm of existence. I'm sure it was very tough and my heart goes out to them for their grief and sadness. Hopefully soon they'll be able to try again.

I miscarried when I was first married and pregnant and later a doctor told me it would be hard for me to get pregnant. Well, it didn't take very long for my Lisa to be born, so you never know. Heavenly Father has a plan and when it's the time, it will all work out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-12-2013, 04:25 AM   #17812
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Maggie... I'm feel for you having to go through that with Reggie. I know it was not easy to do. I'm glad she'll be back with you in some form soon. I'll talk to you soon about something.

We are at a hotel in Springfield. Except for my trip to JoAnns we got all the errands run that needed done. So after my meeting tomorrow we can get out of here... hopefully ahead of the weather.

I think I'm headed to the hot tub. We're still full from lunch so not sure what we're doing for supper. We were going for crab legs but I don't] know if I have room LOL

Wll try to check in tomorrow.
Hugs!
Thank you Kelly.

Hope you enjoy your time away. I didn't eat much yesterday either. My tummy wasn't feeling too well. So far I've been able to stay under my allotted points for WW.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-12-2013, 04:26 AM   #17813
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Thank you all so much! We know it has been coming, but doesn't make it easier when it happens. I am relieved that God has taken away his pain. And I know Grandpa was wanting to see his mom, and am so glad for him that now he can. And he promised me that when he saw my daddy he would give him the biggest hug ever from me. So the relief and peace does encircle the hurt and sadness from losing another very special person in my life.
{{{{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}} Krista. I know it's not easy, but knowing that we'll all be reunited once again does make it a little easier. I'm glad that he's out of pain, has all his memories back, and is in a much happier place now with his family surrounding him and welcoming him home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #17814
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Maggie, I am so sorry to hear about Reggie! I know your furbabies are so very special to you, as so many of us.
Thank you Krista. Yes each of them are very special, even those kitties that live outside. I worry about each one of them too.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-12-2013, 04:29 AM   #17815
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hugs, Soni; I hope all goes smoothly. It's an horrid job to do but it has to be done.

I've been quilting like crazy. More than half way finished & it is going better now. I am watching completely mindless TV ( Biggest Loser, Batchalor & whatever is On Demand that I don't have to 'watch' closely) so brain cells be be dropping faster than pounds right now.
Which quilt is that that you're working on? Do we get to see photos of it? I know what you mean about the TV. When I'm crafting I need to watch something that I don't really have to pay too much attention to.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-12-2013, 04:33 AM   #17816
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Good morning ladies. Gonna be a nice day here compared to yesterdays chilly temps and the rain. We are suppose to get to 57 degrees but pretty windy. Then we are to get way low temps with rain, sleet and ice. I'll be stayin home when that happens later in the weekend.

Yesterday got to a post office to finally mail all my mail that needed to be sent. I'm so frusterated with our rude post master. There is a petition going around to get her removed from our post office...she is only a full in until they find a pernament one. I told my friend to send me the lady that has the petition and I'll sign it. I was so upset the other day over my trip to the post office that I couldn't see straight.

Had lunch and a little shopping yesterday also with a friend. So it was a great day!
This morning woke up with horrid cramps in the lower leg. Nothing helps except when I wrap a heating pad around my leg and wait about 45 mins.

Today I'm going to get the last of my laundry done. Gosh seems like I'll never get to the bottom of that basket...and get my new curtains for the kitchen hung up. Gosh it seems like it never ends.

So what is everyone up to today?
Sorry about the rude postmaster. Is there someone you can call and complain to about her? What did she do that made you so upset?

Glad you were able to spend time with your friend, but sorry for the cramps. Do you eat foods rich in Potassium? I still get cramps once in awhile in my legs or feet, but I eat a banana every day and take a Potassium supplement every night.

Hope you were able to get all your chores done and had leftover time for play.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-12-2013, 04:47 AM   #17817
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Quackers. I was so drained last night I went to bed at 8 PM and slept til 4 then back to sleep until 6. It was weird because the fan shutting off work me up at 6. Don't know why it did that because all the lights didn't go off. It was only for about 30 seconds and then came back on again. No storm in the area at the time. Just strange.

yes, weird, keep an eye on it , I hope it is not going out on you ...

hope your day today can be a bit better... What do you have on your schedule for the week end ?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 04:50 AM   #17818
Mini Quack

Quote:
I am sure that Heavenly Father will know that little baby and make sure that they will all be reunited. We believe that families are forever and that those little ones who pass on as children will be reunited with their families and the parents will have the joy of raising them in the next life. Life does go on. It doesn't end here. It's just in a different realm of existence. I'm sure it was very tough and my heart goes out to them for their grief and sadness. Hopefully soon they'll be able to try again.

I miscarried when I was first married and pregnant and later a doctor told me it would be hard for me to get pregnant. Well, it didn't take very long for my Lisa to be born, so you never know. Heavenly Father has a plan and when it's the time, it will all work out.
yes I agree ~ I was told after my very difficult delivery with Tammy that I would not conceive again , and looky , I have Krista
of course I was told that I should not ever have children, and that I would not be able to carry full term ...well I did, God heard my prayers to me a Mother

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 04:56 AM   #17819
Mini Quack

Quote:
Thank you Kelly.

Hope you enjoy your time away. I didn't eat much yesterday either. My tummy wasn't feeling too well. So far I've been able to stay under my allotted points for WW.
I did not eat yesterday until 8:00 pm when we got home I fixed me some biscuits~ I know when not to try to put food in me, and yesterday was one ... Krista and I are stopping to get breakfast to take for all of us today ... the girls wanted a milkshake after we left the funeral home yesterday , not a good nutritious day for us ..

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 05:02 AM   #17820
Mini Quack

Good Morning...I needed to get up a bit early and wash my hair and find some thing to wear today... I know we will be gone most of the day again...Working on many little things that need taken care of ...it should be a productive day

Mike will be in today, not sure how that will go. I am praying that his stay can he peaceful for all, and not need to get off kilter at all ...I will respect his loss and be kind as long as he respects the girls and what they are doing

Sad to say, he has different ideas already on some things that the girls were told by their grandpa that he wanted done and how ...

I know my nights rest was a good one so I believe God has filled me with patience and I hope compassion ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 07:33 AM   #17821
First To Quack

So we are getting ready to go see Justin & Liz & my cell phone rings. Some terrible person said they had our son & wanted $2,000 or they would kill him. Geeze, really? We need this now? Called Justin & he is home so we started to ignore the call but wondered if there was a small chance someone else child was taken. Now we are waiting for the police to come so we can report it.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #17822
First To Quack

Soni, good luck with Mike. Remember all the little details don't matter now. Grandpa is safely home. If Mike needs to have his way just let him so save you & the girls more grief. Hugs girl!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 07:35 AM   #17823
First To Quack

Lois, good to see you popping in here more often.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 07:36 AM   #17824
First To Quack

Maggie, what's the latest on Casper & Cory?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 07:39 AM   #17825
First To Quack

Maggie, the quilt is the triangle batik one that I started last year in Ga. It is bright!!!! I will post picture on FB soon because it is so easy to post with my iPod. Computer time is limited since Bud discovered Words With Friends & Word Tornado, lol. He doesn't want FB on his PC in caes of viruses. Silly guy! But it keeps him happy and more important it's FREE!!! Nothing else he does was ever free

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 08:08 AM   #17826
Total Quack

Quote:
So we are getting ready to go see Justin & Liz & my cell phone rings. Some terrible person said they had our son & wanted $2,000 or they would kill him. Geeze, really? We need this now? Called Justin & he is home so we started to ignore the call but wondered if there was a small chance someone else child was taken. Now we are waiting for the police to come so we can report it.

Oh my word! What the heck?! That's insane. Keep us updated.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #17827
Total Quack

Ok, sewers ..... if you could have a cutting table of any size, what size would you choose?

Old 01-12-2013, 03:22 PM   #17828
First To Quack

The police said it was a scam coming from New York. They reversed the number & found that but doubt anything was done. But the timing was seriously wrong.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 03:24 PM   #17829
First To Quack

Cutting table: 36x 48 would be great. I have the one from JoAnn, not sure what the size actually is but it works fine. If you can go bigger then do so because it makes a great work space too. I use my huge ironing board as another work space too when I need the extra length.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 03:26 PM   #17830
First To Quack

Kids are doing better today, Liz's folks came down. We all had a nice afternoon, some tears, some hugs and even a good bit of laughter.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-12-2013, 03:36 PM   #17831
Total Quack

Quote:
The police said it was a scam coming from New York. They reversed the number & found that but doubt anything was done. But the timing was seriously wrong.

Wow. That's just crazy. I'm so sorry that you had to deal with that today on top of everything else.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:38 PM   #17832
Total Quack

Quote:
Cutting table: 36x 48 would be great. I have the one from JoAnn, not sure what the size actually is but it works fine. If you can go bigger then do so because it makes a great work space too. I use my huge ironing board as another work space too when I need the extra length.
I'm leaning towards 4x6 or 4x8. I just can't decide how big is too big or how big is big enough. I'm making my own, so I can do it up to 4x8 without issue.

Old 01-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #17833
Total Quack

Quote:
Kids are doing better today, Liz's folks came down. We all had a nice afternoon, some tears, some hugs and even a good bit of laughter.

I'm so glad to hear that they are a little better. Such a hard loss. My prayers continue for them.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:19 PM   #17834
Mini Quack

Quote:
Soni, good luck with Mike. Remember all the little details don't matter now. Grandpa is safely home. If Mike needs to have his way just let him so save you & the girls more grief. Hugs girl!
: ) yes Dody... so true .especially with small details,

so far today was ok, I was kind, I used humor where I could, and he and I had a brief chat~ I explained I was not there to ruffle feathers, just to see that MY girls were doing ok, to help if and when they needed that but to be sure they were treated with respect ...
he nodded and said he TOTALLY understood
We all wanted him to know we were sorry for his loss, we knew how that felt

I also told him when Tammy asked if he had an opinion, it might be nice if he answered her, she was being considerate, and did not want to be rude and he was a big boy and knew how to be appropriate if nothing else... maybe she needed to be treated with kindness and compassion in her loss

He nodded and said I still knew how how to get my point across, be a lady and slam dunk with the best...

on a sad note, I see her draining and becoming over whelmed so easily as the time goes by ... but Krista and I are right with her and Mama Sue came today just to be there... for support...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #17835
Mini Quack

Quote:
Good family being there was a great help I am sure

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 04:22 PM   #17836
Mini Quack

Quote:
oh my how scary and absurd too so glad you had it checked out ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #17837
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
: ) yes Dody... so true .especially with small details,

so far today was ok, I was kind, I used humor where I could, and he and I had a brief chat~ I explained I was not there to ruffle feathers, just to see that MY girls were doing ok, to help if and when they needed that but to be sure they were treated with respect ...
he nodded and said he TOTALLY understood
We all wanted him to know we were sorry for his loss, we knew how that felt

I also told him when Tammy asked if he had an opinion, it might be nice if he answered her, she was being considerate, and did not want to be rude and he was a big boy and knew how to be appropriate if nothing else... maybe she needed to be treated with kindness and compassion in her loss

He nodded and said I still knew how how to get my point across, be a lady and slam dunk with the best...

on a sad note, I see her draining and becoming over whelmed so easily as the time goes by ... but Krista and I are right with her and Mama Sue came today just to be there... for support...

I'm glad that things went pretty well today. This will be a tough time for all of you, and I hope the rest of the ordeal goes as well.

Old 01-12-2013, 04:27 PM   #17838
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I'm leaning towards 4x6 or 4x8. I just can't decide how big is too big or how big is big enough. I'm making my own, so I can do it up to 4x8 without issue.
will that size leave you enough room to move around it and have all your wants and needs in that room too?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-12-2013, 04:39 PM   #17839
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Hi all..
Had a busy day.....it poured rain off and on. Now it's down to 38*! Wow...it was 71* yesterday! But, I do have to remember that it is still winter....duh!
Old 01-12-2013, 04:44 PM   #17840
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody....wow, that was a bit exciting for you! Glad you kept you head and called Justin first. These type of phone calls are just unbelievable! We've been getting one about 3-4 times a week. Same number.....so I googled it. Found out there have been several complaints on that number. The phone rings...and no one speaks. They finally will hang up. Jack has even started saying that we are on the "do not call" list....we'll be reporting the number etc. I then turn around and do that. It slowed up some....but, we've gotten them now with unknown caller....with no number. I don't answer it....but, he still does. Then he starts saying that he'll turn them in. Not sure if really does any good! I need to find my whistle (I use to have one on an old key chain while I was teaching).....give them a blast when they call and not talk to me!!