Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6674Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 07:50 AM   #17681
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

okay....rereading my post......it wasn't pouring when I got out of the store!!! Just wanted to fix that one!

I think it will be a damp cold day today! We certainly needed the rain...but, a good one to stay in and work on things here. It's not like I don't have a thing to do!! It's just deciding what I want to do!!! This is so hard!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 AM   #17682
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
After spending $ 325 on 2 of my kitties lately - I hope Reggie is a quick and easy fix!
Not to be. I spent over that just on Reggie this morning. Doctor says she has fluid in her abdomen and he's not sure what it is or where it's coming from. He drew some off and is sending it to the lab. Results on Friday. He also took some blood. That was a chore because her blood pressure is way low so it was hard for her to pump any out. He finally was able to get some and that will also be sent to the lab. I should hear something by Friday. She's last a little over 2 pounds since she was last there, but I'd say it's more like the last week or so. She's not eating. I tried to give her some of her wet food that she likes when we got home from the vet and she turned her nose up at it. She's supposed to take medicine every day for anti-nausea/vomiting. Luckily the nurse gave her one before we left the office. I'm not sure I'll be able to get one down her throat. Say prayers that she'll be okay. I'm not ready for her to be leaving just yet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-09-2013, 07:59 AM   #17683
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Well, it rained all day and night. It's still raining today. I'm glad I got the grocery shopping done yesterday. It was raining when I went to the car....but, at least it was pouring when I got out. You could hear it on the sky lights several times while shopping. I did use my umbrella while unloading bags from the cart to the trunk. It took a little while...but, at least I did stay a little dryer!
Ugh! It's all rainy here today too. Not pouring right now so that's a good thing.

I hate to go shopping in the rain, but sometimes you just have to do what you have to do.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #17684
First To Quack

Quote:
On another note......I finished one of the scarves I was making. Dody...I started yours last night. Amazing how your yarn was softer than the other one. The other one was stiffer with the darker purple. Thought that was strange!
I am so excited!!!!! Can't wait! Which color did you pick?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #17685
Quacker Stamper

As to the car. It should be ready this afternoon for me to pick up. I got a rental yesterday - a Chevy Cruse. It's really nice, but a little harder to get in and out of. I didn't have any problems except when I called OnStar Emergency as I was backing out of my driveway. Oops! I told the lady I had a rental and had no idea how I called her. I think there is a little button up on the rearview mirror, and I hit it by mistake as I was flipping the mirror from night time to day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 08:02 AM   #17686
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is over ~ so Faith is down for her morning rest, hmmm she was out literally three minutes after I laid her down ,
I think she was tired

her laundry is done, the towels almost ready for the dryer, hard floors swept, dishes done, my hair washed and dried and I am dressed, oh and all critters are fed... whew

Tammy checked in, it has been a long morning on the phone for her trying to do as she is instructed and find out the next steps to come ...

And now I get a few minutes on here ...I need to decide what to take out for supper She sure did like that french toast, I wish supper time was that easy for her

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #17687
First To Quack

I am so sorry Maggie. I bet she was not very pleased either.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-09-2013, 08:03 AM   #17688
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
As to the car. It should be ready this afternoon for me to pick up. I got a rental yesterday - a Chevy Cruse. It's really nice, but a little harder to get in and out of. I didn't have any problems except when I called OnStar Emergency as I was backing out of my driveway. Oops! I told the lady I had a rental and had no idea how I called her. I think there is a little button up on the rearview mirror, and I hit it by mistake as I was flipping the mirror from night time to day.
oopps said with a giggle

and by the way, I did check out your card for PIN challenge, I really liked it , so happy and fun looking ...I really want to dig in and start playing, but I think that will have to wait, right now playing gramma seems to be priority ... : )
no complaints on that at all

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-09-2013, 08:05 AM   #17689
First To Quack

Soni, I found an email from Jen Bride in my junk inbox. It wouldn't open up the link but I saw she sent it to you & Krista too...do you know what it was about?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #17690
Mini Quack

Quote:
Not to be. I spent over that just on Reggie this morning. Doctor says she has fluid in her abdomen and he's not sure what it is or where it's coming from. He drew some off and is sending it to the lab. Results on Friday. He also took some blood. That was a chore because her blood pressure is way low so it was hard for her to pump any out. He finally was able to get some and that will also be sent to the lab. I should hear something by Friday. She's last a little over 2 pounds since she was last there, but I'd say it's more like the last week or so. She's not eating. I tried to give her some of her wet food that she likes when we got home from the vet and she turned her nose up at it. She's supposed to take medicine every day for anti-nausea/vomiting. Luckily the nurse gave her one before we left the office. I'm not sure I'll be able to get one down her throat. Say prayers that she'll be okay. I'm not ready for her to be leaving just yet.
Of course Maggie , we can be hopeful in prayer that this is some thing that can be taken care of... hugs

how old is Reggie? and how long have you had her??

Pumpkin ~ short for pumpkin pie named after the color of her fur and Ali's hair ~is the cat that Ali's grandma Carol got when Ali was four She got Snookie too they were all the same age
Keiths sister took Snookie, but she has already needed to go to Kitty Heaven... Pumpkin is moving slow, and I believe it is nearing time, I have tried to talk to Krista and Ali ~ they have never had a cat this long !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 01-09-2013 at 08:10 AM..
Old 01-09-2013, 08:07 AM   #17691
First To Quack

I am 1 step closer to playing with paper. Yesterday Bud hung my B&G plates on my wall. That made me closer because it cleaned off the desk top so I can paint it now. We have to rebuild his saw horses first & buy the paint but hey..any step is a good step!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-09-2013, 08:13 AM   #17692
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Soni, I found an email from Jen Bride in my junk inbox. It wouldn't open up the link but I saw she sent it to you & Krista too...do you know what it was about?
Really, was it recent? I do not remember seeing one ... I can check but I empty that several times a day... She has not been in touch, she did not even reach out to K when Wally passed~ she has a little boy now after a very long trial of trying ... and un successful in vitro at least once He lookd just like Tony : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-09-2013, 08:15 AM   #17693
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I'm sorry, Maggie. I'll keep you both in my thoughts during this time. Glad to hear that they gave Reggie some meds before sending you home. Yes, ours can be a pain too when it comes to taking pills and such. But, I would rather do a pill on them than liquid. Oh that is so messy!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #17694
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I am so excited!!!!! Can't wait! Which color did you pick?
I did the first on the list....mambo. That's the shades of pink with the blue and olive green. So far...mostly the pinks on on top...rather cool looking. Makes me wonder if you did the same color...but, the shades start different if it changes the look. I'll find out when I'm done!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #17695
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
nothing like having a chat with someone while in your driveway! We've never had that on our cars...so, I would probably do the same thing. Then wonder..."how did that happen?"
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #17696
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Of course Maggie , we can be hopeful in prayer that this is some thing that can be taken care of... hugs

how old is Reggie? and how long have you had her??

Pumpkin ~ short for pumpkin pie named after the color of her fur and Ali's hair ~is the cat that Ali's grandma Carol got when Ali was four She got Snookie too they were all the same age
Keiths sister took Snookie, but she has already needed to go to Kitty Heaven... Pumpkin is moving slow, and I believe it is nearing time, I have tried to talk to Krista and Ali ~ they have never had a cat this long !
Oh that's funny....that's how Pie got his name! His full name is Pumpkin Pie....but, we figured that since Pie was the last thing he heard...we would call him that. He certainly comes to his name!
Old 01-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #17697
Mini Quack

Quote:
I am 1 step closer to playing with paper. Yesterday Bud hung my B&G plates on my wall. That made me closer because it cleaned off the desk top so I can paint it now. We have to rebuild his saw horses first & buy the paint but hey..any step is a good step!
woo hoo yep each step is a good step
well as long as it is forward lol

I cannot wait to see your room when it is done, and to see some of your creations too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #17698
Glitter Guru

Good Morning ladies....I know long time no see/hear from me. I've have battled the flu, bronchitis and pneumonia to up to Christmas. Then the house has been torn apart...painting, pulling carpets up and laying laminet flooring in 4 rooms. DH was home for 2.5 weeks and his buddy came over for a week and they did the floors and trim. It's starting to look more like home now...things are getting dusted and put back in their place. But boy not only was it a job, it sure looks nicer too. We are really pleased with it.

Thanks to those of you who sent me cards. I got very few out. My stamia with my back is very low right now. So I either don't get anything done or very little. I just can't sit and do much because of the muscle spasms I get in between my shoulder blades from my last neck surgery. I'm on muscle relaxers and good pain meds, but then all I want to do is sleep.

Anyways....I hope ya'll had a very blessed holiday season.

We have a new addition to our family. We got her in August. She is a Morkie, her name is Peanut! She tops out at 2.9 lbs. And she is a sweetie. She won't get any bigger. We just love her.

Bill is still trucking...not out as long as he used to be. Hopefully this summer he can get that boat of his in the water. Seems like this last year it was always so hot when he came home. So we'll see how it goes this year. We are wanting to do some camping...we are thinking of renting an RV for a week to see if it's something we'll want to do more often before we buy one.

Well, there ya have it. Oh and I've lost 24 lbs too. Guess being sick helped that. Dr was really pleased with that. I'm working on losing more.

Sorry this is so long...I'll be around more now that I'm feeling better. I'll see if I can find a photo of Peanut and post it.

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

www.mystampinplace.blogspot.com

"I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted on the wrong people."
Old 01-09-2013, 09:11 AM   #17699
Mini Quack

Hello Lois, good to hear from you ...Sorry to hear about your sickness, there sure is a lot of it out there

the new addition to the family and the remodeling sounds great pics of both would be nice : )

Sorry to hear that your last surgery left you in such pain, life is not easy when you are in pain... I hope this will pass or you can fins some way to help it

take care

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #17700
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Lois....great to see you on here! Wow...on the weight and floors! Sorry to hear that you've been sick....that will make it so you aren't interested in eating. The new addition sounds sweet...can't wait to see pictures. Sorry you are having the pain too...not fun!

Hope to see you more often....or at least when you can!

I've lost a few pounds apparently.....I'm in a pair of jeans that I haven't worn for several years! Whoo-hoo on that and not cleaning out my closet! Because otherwise, I wouldn't have found them! LOL

Dody...I could put that on my "best thing today" journal!!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:00 PM   #17701
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post
Good Morning ladies....I know long time no see/hear from me. I've have battled the flu, bronchitis and pneumonia to up to Christmas. Then the house has been torn apart...painting, pulling carpets up and laying laminet flooring in 4 rooms. DH was home for 2.5 weeks and his buddy came over for a week and they did the floors and trim. It's starting to look more like home now...things are getting dusted and put back in their place. But boy not only was it a job, it sure looks nicer too. We are really pleased with it.

Thanks to those of you who sent me cards. I got very few out. My stamia with my back is very low right now. So I either don't get anything done or very little. I just can't sit and do much because of the muscle spasms I get in between my shoulder blades from my last neck surgery. I'm on muscle relaxers and good pain meds, but then all I want to do is sleep.

Anyways....I hope ya'll had a very blessed holiday season.

We have a new addition to our family. We got her in August. She is a Morkie, her name is Peanut! She tops out at 2.9 lbs. And she is a sweetie. She won't get any bigger. We just love her.

Bill is still trucking...not out as long as he used to be. Hopefully this summer he can get that boat of his in the water. Seems like this last year it was always so hot when he came home. So we'll see how it goes this year. We are wanting to do some camping...we are thinking of renting an RV for a week to see if it's something we'll want to do more often before we buy one.

Well, there ya have it. Oh and I've lost 24 lbs too. Guess being sick helped that. Dr was really pleased with that. I'm working on losing more.

Sorry this is so long...I'll be around more now that I'm feeling better. I'll see if I can find a photo of Peanut and post it.
Hi Lois. Glad to see you checking in. Sorry that you've had so many health issues. I hope that you will finally get well and those neck spasms will quit.

Good luck on the work on the house. I hope you share photos of what you've done with it.

I've never heard of a Morkie. What are the breads that she's a combo of?

Congrats on the weight loss. That's fabulous. I'm starting with WW tomorrow. I sure hope I can resist all the temptations and stick with it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #17702
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Lois....great to see you on here! Wow...on the weight and floors! Sorry to hear that you've been sick....that will make it so you aren't interested in eating. The new addition sounds sweet...can't wait to see pictures. Sorry you are having the pain too...not fun!

Hope to see you more often....or at least when you can!

I've lost a few pounds apparently.....I'm in a pair of jeans that I haven't worn for several years! Whoo-hoo on that and not cleaning out my closet! Because otherwise, I wouldn't have found them! LOL

Dody...I could put that on my "best thing today" journal!!
Congrats on your weight loss too Suzy. I hope I can say that in a few weeks. It's so hard up here at the office. For instance, someone put a bag of Ghiradelli chocolates in the kitchen today. How can anyone resist chocolate.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:03 PM   #17703
Quacker Stamper

I heard from the service guy at the car dealership. Seems that I need a new radiator and there was a gasket that was leaking oil. Those are getting repaired. He said the only things it was set for maintenance was an oil change and tire rotation, so the oil is getting changed whether it likes it or not. He's supposed to call me back to let me know if it's actually going to be ready tonight.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:07 PM   #17704
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
We're suppose to be in the 60s later this week and up to 70 by Saturday. Weird. I sure hope that we're not done with 'winter.'

Question ... how many tomatoes do you think I'd need for making chili? I don't know how many to thaw.
What size containers did you freeze them in? A 1qt. container will equal about 1 standard size can of whole or stewed tomatoes. But it will take at least 2 qt. containers to equal 1 can of sauce.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #17705
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That would be great!! Soft kitty, warm kitty.....
... pretty ball of fur....

LOL

I knew you would pick up on it
Old 01-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #17706
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I didn't ever get Rewards Points from Michaels. Just always used their coupons when I went there.

I actually signed up for WW today. My first meeting and weigh in is on Thursday at lunchtime.
I always used the coupons, but you got your card scanned to get special Reward Member discounts... like 20% off storewide/ including sale and clearance on my birthday.

I'll keep reading... wondering how your first meeting went.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #17707
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Oh...I just went to my Pixel of Ink email (free books for Kindle) and found an interesting one.....Heaven Preserve Us by Cricket McRae. So...into the free stash of books it went. I've been reading one that just has me wanting more!!!! I only allow myself so long in the morning to read...so, this one has me really wanting to read fast! I'll get the name of it if anyone is interested...it's a mystery with a twist!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:26 PM   #17708
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Okay...I'm off to get eat something and head out to bowl. Not looking forward to getting out in the rain...but, oh well. At least I'm not driving in it!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:27 PM   #17709
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I always used the coupons, but you got your card scanned to get special Reward Member discounts... like 20% off storewide/ including sale and clearance on my birthday.

I'll keep reading... wondering how your first meeting went.
My first weigh in and meeting is tomorrow at 11:30.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #17710
Mini Quack

Quote:
I heard from the service guy at the car dealership. Seems that I need a new radiator and there was a gasket that was leaking oil. Those are getting repaired. He said the only things it was set for maintenance was an oil change and tire rotation, so the oil is getting changed whether it likes it or not. He's supposed to call me back to let me know if it's actually going to be ready tonight.
wow a radiator... hope that is under warranty

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-09-2013, 01:36 PM   #17711
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks....I felt bad that I had to get on them about it. I guess I should have just flat told them that we are disappointed in their progress. But, I'm sure that wouldn't have made a difference to them either.
You were probably nicer than me. I'd have flat told them if they don't want to be there, that's fine. I have other things to do with my Tuesday. And that either they have their act together by the next meeting or it will be the last... their choice.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #17712
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Poor Reggie. Definite prayers and energy sent.

When I have to give Goddess meds, I swaddle her in a big blanket or towel with only her head loose. Then I get down on the floor on my knees, tuck her 'butt first' in between my legs so I"m practically sitting on her... it helps keep the blanket contained. That way I only have to contend with the teeth gnashing
Old 01-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #17713
Stazon Splitcoast

Good to see you here, Lois. I didn't get any cards out to the SMMR group. But I've already set that up for 2013. Good news on the weight loss but sad at how you've had to go about it. Hang in there!

If I'm not mistaken, a Morkie is a cross between a Maltese and a Yorkie. They are just adorable little dogs. you just want to tuck them in your purse and take them everywhere!
Old 01-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #17714
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
wow a radiator... hope that is under warranty
Yes, it's all under warranty. I bought an extended warranty after I got the car and it's been a real blessing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #17715
Stazon Splitcoast

Good thing you notice things on your vehicle Maggie and take care of them promptly. Part of owning a vehicle.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #17716
Stazon Splitcoast

I know you're enjoying your time with Faith, Soni.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #17717
Stazon Splitcoast

I had lunch with the former president of our bank today. Her family owned it for years up until last July. She is also the one who introduced me to Steven Byess. She has asked me to attend Chamber of Commerce meetings. For Katie I will go. I've known the Chamber president for almost 5 years and never once has she asked me to attend. She's the same gal who gave up the column in the paper because come Sunday night she never knew what to write. LOL
She has her own salon. I guess if it was slow gossip in the chairs for the week, she didn't have anything come Sunday.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #17718
Stazon Splitcoast

After lunch I stopped at the yarn shop in town. I want to get 'nice' yarn for the ensemble scarves. I loved fingering the albaca yarn. Yummy soft and pretty muted colors. I saw a teal perfect for Maria's scarf. Now to decide on a pattern. At $13 a skein, I need to limit it to a 1 skein pattern.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:06 PM   #17719
Stazon Splitcoast

Bob is on his way home. He had to make a stop in Kewanee. Was planning on visiting his friend from HS but he (friend) has the flu so Bob avoided his place. He just made a quick stop at his brother's to pick up something. After that he stopped at his old workplace in Lacon and went to lunch with the guy running it now.. a guy Bob trained. LOL It looks like the guy is going to inherit the whole thing... business, 4 bedroom house, the works. Trumbulls never had any children. Mrs. Trumbull is the only one left and her dementia is getting worse.

Anyway, he's on his way home.. should be going through rush hour traffic in St. Louis about now I hate that. He said if he got tired, he'd stop somewhere. Otherwise he'll get in about 10 tonight. hopefully before the rain moves in.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:08 PM   #17720
Mini Quack

yum mac and cheese in the oven ...

Faith was tired so she has been resting for about an hour again I hope to get her up and moving pretty soon ~ I sure want her to be ready for bed tonight at normal time

Dustin was supposed to come over to play while the 2 older ones had practice, but we have not seen him yet ~

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery