Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6749Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:40 AM   #17441
First To Quack

Karen, I was right there with you about beans until recently. I find if they are prepared right they can be down right tasty & wow, they are full of good things for ya (just remember to take bean-o, lol)

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-02-2013, 05:55 AM   #17442
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

well my sweet baby girl went back to sleep so guess what?? Yep I get to keep her today ...Tammy and Brooke are due for some one on one time any way ...

I am off to get dressed, or at least find some sweats before she wakes up ... So we can have a good day... just play time and snuggle time ... yep, looks like a great day

Brooke is so happy that she made the volley ball team~ but she sure is not liking these practices on her days off ...poor girl of course she could sleep til 10:30 at least every day, and go til midnight of course lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 01-02-2013 at 06:01 AM..
Old 01-02-2013, 05:57 AM   #17443
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
for lack of a better way to put it, that is the 10 ways to happiness that I spoke of earlier & pinned on my pinterst board.
oh yes...I remember ...I do want to look at that and see how I can tweak it to be of help here to ... Sounds like a perfect gift for my girls, since I am always stressing how they need to reach to be happy ...what a great idea for the three of us to do together...thanks Dody... now to see if I can find it again * sigh

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2013, 05:59 AM   #17444
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Happy Wednesday! LOL Back to work!

BEANS - BLECH!!!!!!!!!
I am nor sure of what kind of beans you are re- fering to, but I sure miss eating ham and beans ~

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2013, 06:53 AM   #17445
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning, Quackers
Yep.. back to serious work today. I have so many projects I want to accomplish. Just trying to take them one at a time... but you guys know me, that's tough LOL I want to do them all NOW!

I need to go back and look at that list, too, Dody. Maybe you could simplify life for us and repost it here You're a doll!

Though I have started taking better care of my skin. I've been making sure I wash it every morning and every evening, using my moisturizer. I also put Cocoa Butter on after a shower or bath and I've been remembering that if I wear make-up, to remove it before washing my face. So far so good. I've done it every day for 2 weeks+
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 AM   #17446
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Sue... that's a lot for a roof on a house your size. We put the new roof on our Victorian about 6 years ago for only $5000... and that was with working weird peaks/ valleys.

You'll have a better shot at a loan if you approach the bank with 3 estimates from reputable companies and a copy of the notification from your insurance company that it has to be replaced.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:57 AM   #17447
Stazon Splitcoast

Yeah for time with Faith! Snuggle some for me. I sure miss not having the girls closer and spring is a long ways off. I'm hoping for a quick trip in March since I'm planning on coming your way in April.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #17448
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes, it does take awhile to get a house the way you want it. I think you need to live in the space before you do too much. We've been here 6 years in May and it's still not finished on the inside. Though we are planning a siding hanging party Memorial Day weekend if anyone is available
Old 01-02-2013, 07:02 AM   #17449
Stazon Splitcoast

I like Ham and Beans but it's one of those things I have to have a taste for.
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 AM   #17450
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

LOL

I only like green beans - that is it!!!

With 7 kids and only Mom. We had lots and lots of beans. I can't stand them anymore!
Old 01-02-2013, 09:10 AM   #17451
Mini Quack

Quote:
LOL

I only like green beans - that is it!!!

With 7 kids and only Mom. We had lots and lots of beans. I can't stand them anymore!
Ah ~ yes I grew that way about fried mush , cream of mushroom soup and goulash... : ) I sure do not miss the first two nut I still get hungry for goulash tho ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2013, 09:15 AM   #17452
Mini Quack

Wow Faith is already to go back down, so I guess I need to use this time to get things done ... tho I really am not in the mood

I wonder if Jared has left yet today ? I am sure it is a sad time at Shells house... hugs for all of you Shell

Dody, how is that journal coming along?? Any pictures of the up stairs yet??

Kel, good for you, good luck on keeping up with taking care of your face and body , it is true, only "we" can take care of ourself~

Maggie, hope your first day back is an easy one, let us know what the skin doctor says

Karen, there are plenty of good things to eat , what are some of your favorites?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #17453
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Wow Faith is already to go back down, so I guess I need to use this time to get things done ... tho I really am not in the mood

I wonder if Jared has left yet today ? I am sure it is a sad time at Shells house... hugs for all of you Shell

Jared left around 10. The picture on FB was just before he left. It was horrible. Jaydin just can't handle the emotions of him leaving. She just cried so hard. I can handle him leaving ... but not her acute sadness.

Photography Site

Old 01-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #17454
First To Quack

10 Ways to Happiness

1. Make your bed.

The book The Happiness Project, explains that this three minute task is one of the simplest habits you can adopt to positively impact your happiness.

2. Bring every room back to “ready.”

I learned this trick from Marilyn Paul’s clever book, It’s Hard to Make a Difference When You Can’t Find Your Keys. It’s a known fact: Clutter causes stress; order creates a haven from it. This mood-boosting routine is simple: Take about three minutes to bring each room back to “ready” before you depart it. (Unless you have a toddler, or a partner who likes to simulate earthquakes, three minutes should be sufficient.)

3. Display sentimental items around your home.

One reason that experiences (and memories of those experiences) make us happier than material things is due to the entire cycle of enjoyment that experiences provide: planning the experience, looking forward to the experience, enjoying the experience, and then remembering the experience. Make your home a gallery of positive memories.

4. Start a one-line-a-day gratitude journal.

Before bed, simply jot down one happy memory from that day. (If you have kids, you can ask them, “What was the best part of today?”) Reflection is an important part of happiness, and pausing to reflect on a positive event from each day cultivates gratitude. (An added bonus: Later, when your memory is defunct, you will already have all of your meaningful adventures recorded!) If you have trouble getting started with journaling, consider buying a book to guide you. Simple Abundance, by Sarah Ban Breathnach, is a great one.

5. If you can’t get out of it, get into it.

This tip comes from The Happiness Project. I love the message: The dishes are not going to clean themselves, so you will do it, and you will like it! (Unless, of course, you can outsource this job, in which case I say: Nice work!) Otherwise, get into doing the dishes. Feel the soothing warm water on your hands. Enjoy the tickle of the tiny bubbles. Crank your favorite album at an unusually loud volume, do a couple fist-pumps while shouting “Can I get a hell yeah for the dishes? Hell! Yeah!” and pretend you love it.

6. Before you get up each morning, set an intent for the day.

In The Art of Happiness, the Dali Lama says “”Every day, think as you wake up: today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.” Wow. What a wise man. I tend to wake up with a strong visceral reaction that says, “Attention human beings: Be afraid of me before coffee. Be very afraid!” Setting a daily intent makes a huge difference. Your daily intent could be something like “be productive” or “enjoy today’s delicious moments” or it could be something more specific like “say thank you to my loved ones today.” But it should not be another “to do” item on your list.

7. Do small favors for your housemates, expecting nothing in return (not even a thank you!).

(That’s right, I said it: nothing!) Mow the lawn for your husband, but don’t expect him to pat you on the back. Make the bed for your wife, but don’t try to get bonus points for it. Take the trash out for your roommate, just because. The ability to cultivate strong, healthy relationships is one of the biggest contributors to health and happiness, but when you start to keep score, the benefit is lost. (No! It’s YOUR turn to clean up the dog poop!) It’s a well-known fact: When you do good, you feel good.

8. Call at least one friend or family member a day.

You can do this while you clean, while you make the bed, or while you walk the dog. Texts and emails do not count! Make an actual phone call to a loved one, just to chat and catch up. We humans are social beings and studies show that even when we don’t feel like it, even if we are naturally introverted, socializing with our loved ones makes us feel better.

9. Spend money on things that cultivate experiences at home.

Save money for a new grill for parties or a new DVD for family movie night — something that will encourage you to have people over and entertain. Plan a summer barbeque, invite your closest friends, kick back and relax. (And don’t forget to print out the pictures to remember the good times.)

10. Spend a few minutes each day connecting with something greater than yourself.

Whatever your spiritual beliefs — or non-beliefs — may be, studies show that connecting to a high power is correlated with happiness. Just stepping back to realize that we are part of an enormous universe can put some perspective on your annoyance with the those-are-definitely-not-mine-and-they-are-abso-fricking-lutely-repulsive socks under the coffee table. Before bed, spend just a few minutes contemplating something larger than yourself. Take a walk in nature. Write in a journal. Create a sacred space in your home. (Or if spirituality is really not your thing, create a home spa: light some candles, soak in a hot bath, delve into a good book… are you feeling better yet?)

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #17455
First To Quack

There it is, Ladies. I am changing a bit but for the most part it's a good place to start.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #17456
First To Quack

Karen, now I understand about the beans. Since I NEVER touched them until a few years ago I am ok with them. I still only eat them rarely.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #17457
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Jared left around 10. The picture on FB was just before he left. It was horrible. Jaydin just can't handle the emotions of him leaving. She just cried so hard. I can handle him leaving ... but not her acute sadness.
I am so sorry Shell, they have a strong bond... and it is never easy seeing one of our "children" hurt or be so sad ....

I still have a difficult time telling my brothers good bye... I feel "empty" on a certain level ...

I hope time helps Jaydin , and as I said, hugs for all of you
I am glad you had Jared home and had a good visit too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #17458
First To Quack

Shell, thinking of you & yours today.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-02-2013, 10:36 AM   #17459
Mini Quack

Quote:
There it is, Ladies. I am changing a bit but for the most part it's a good place to start.
thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #17460
Total Quack

Quote:
I am so sorry Shell, they have a strong bond... and it is never easy seeing one of our "children" hurt or be so sad ....

I still have a difficult time telling my brothers good bye... I feel "empty" on a certain level ...

I hope time helps Jaydin , and as I said, hugs for all of you
I am glad you had Jared home and had a good visit too

Thanks.

I think today was compounded by the fact that Jonah isn't here, Elizabeth left right after Jared, and Mark (stayed home to say goodbye to Jared) left about 20 minutes later. We're at home and have to do 'mundane' things to get ready for Andy (youth minister's 10 yo son) to stay over tomorrow night, so we couldn't do anything fun to distract her. It will be better tomorrow when we ride and pick up Andy.

Photography Site

Old 01-02-2013, 10:49 AM   #17461
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell, thinking of you & yours today.

Thanks, Dody!!

Photography Site

Old 01-02-2013, 11:19 AM   #17462
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I think I printed this off already. I need to dig it out of my stack and post it up somewhere I can see it every day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 AM   #17463
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
that coffee cake sound divine can I get that recipe please
go and enjoy some time
Everyone loved it. I came home with only 2 little pieces. I did have a problem with it. I cooked it for an hour and even with using cooking spray, I had part of it stick to the pan getting it out. It didn't mess it up too bad and I sprinkled powdered sugar over the top.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 11:26 AM   #17464
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Happy New Year, Ladies!

I'm already busy this morning. But that's about to change. I always watch the Rose Parade. Then it's back to work. LOL
That was so sweet about the woman and her son that "won" the trip to the Parade and then her DH was there to surprise them. I didn't see it when it actually happened, but they showed it on the news this morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 11:30 AM   #17465
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
2013...hardly seems possible but here it is!

Maggie, I would love to see pictures when you get around to it. Fixing any house the way you want it does take time as well as money. I am one of those people who need to decorate step by step. I can't buy everything at once. I need to see how each piece fits before I add to it.

Soni, sounds like you've been a busy girl. Vistors are such a blessing! Esp those wee little ones and the big sister
I have a few befores and afters so you can see what it looked like when I was there in the summer and how it looks now. Of course now has all the Christmas decorations out.

Why is it though kids now think they should have everything now instead of waiting?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 11:38 AM   #17466
First To Quack

Like I said, I got an iPod Touch for Christmas. I am looking at apps now. I put FB & MyFitnessPal on it but what other apps are worthwhile? It already has a GPS & weather app....of course that only works while I have WiFi. I need to find how to get the JoAnne's coupons too, hmmm......

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-02-2013, 11:39 AM   #17467
First To Quack

Quote:
thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
lol, you are MORE than welcome!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 01-02-2013, 11:46 AM   #17468
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Justin & Liz stopped by yesterday & that was great but I didn't finish all of my chores...so today it is! I need to get my journal ready and start my happiness project.
Chores can wait. Family comes first! Glad you were able to have a nice visit with them. Does the rest of the family know the new yet?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 11:47 AM   #17469
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Happy Wednesday! LOL Back to work!

BEANS - BLECH!!!!!!!!!
Depends on what kind and how they are cooked. I HATE lima beans! Ick! Blackeyes Peas are okay, but I like most other beans.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 11:49 AM   #17470
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
well my sweet baby girl went back to sleep so guess what?? Yep I get to keep her today ...Tammy and Brooke are due for some one on one time any way ...

I am off to get dressed, or at least find some sweats before she wakes up ... So we can have a good day... just play time and snuggle time ... yep, looks like a great day

Brooke is so happy that she made the volley ball team~ but she sure is not liking these practices on her days off ...poor girl of course she could sleep til 10:30 at least every day, and go til midnight of course lol
I"m sure you're enjoying your gramma day with Faith.

Congrats to Brooke for making the volleyball team. Yes, practices are a pain, but that's how you get to be good at it!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM   #17471
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Yeah for time with Faith! Snuggle some for me. I sure miss not having the girls closer and spring is a long ways off. I'm hoping for a quick trip in March since I'm planning on coming your way in April.
It is hard to only see the little ones once or twice a year. They grow up so fast and you miss so much. Well, they grow up fast even when you live close by. My oldest DD here in Houston received a "ring" from her BF for Christmas. Yikes!!!!!!!!!! It's not really a promise ring or anything, just a pretty ring, but they are much too young for this sort of thing. He is committed to going on his mission which will take him away for 2 years, and if Morgan decides to go on a mission also, she would go about 6 months after he left and they'd both come back at the same time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 12:06 PM   #17472
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Dody, how is that journal coming along?? Any pictures of the up stairs yet??

Kel, good for you, good luck on keeping up with taking care of your face and body , it is true, only "we" can take care of ourself~

Maggie, hope your first day back is an easy one, let us know what the skin doctor says

Karen, there are plenty of good things to eat , what are some of your favorites?
Well, I thought my appt. was today, but turns out it's not until tomorrow, so I'll have to wait and see what she says then. I do have some itchy spots on both legs.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 12:08 PM   #17473
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That's so sad that she is still experiencing hard times when he leaves. Hope she can learn to deal with that as she gets older. Hugs!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM   #17474
Total Quack

Quote:
Like I said, I got an iPod Touch for Christmas. I am looking at apps now. I put FB & MyFitnessPal on it but what other apps are worthwhile? It already has a GPS & weather app....of course that only works while I have WiFi. I need to find how to get the JoAnne's coupons too, hmmm......

There's a JoAnn's app..... and a Michael's app .... and a Hobby Lobby app .... and an Amazon.com app .... and ..... a PINTEREST app...

Photography Site

Old 01-02-2013, 12:37 PM   #17475
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That's so sad that she is still experiencing hard times when he leaves. Hope she can learn to deal with that as she gets older. Hugs!

She's only 7, and she sees him so infrequently. I would imagine that this will last for a long time. They are so very close.

Photography Site

Old 01-02-2013, 01:10 PM   #17476
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
There's a JoAnn's app..... and a Michael's app .... and a Hobby Lobby app .... and an Amazon.com app .... and ..... a PINTEREST app...
that sums up the important ones in my book!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:11 PM   #17477
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

well...I need to go and get one thing done before we head out to get something to eat before bowling. This bowling will be interesting since we haven't bowled in about 2 weeks. I'm going to do some stretches before leaving the house....and then do some at the bowling alley!
Old 01-02-2013, 01:20 PM   #17478
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

okay...I just popped over to FB....just had to mention this interesting thing....

A friend of mine went shopping and bought 2 items....total was approx $104. She paid $10.98 in taxes. Okay... I didn't think anything of it at first....that was sales tax. Well, the receipt then broke down the taxes.....$8.59 was state/local taxes...okay....well, the $2.39 said medical receipt.....this medical tax is to help pay for the Obama care...free medical. She was explaining the rest of it in her "rather heated" post! Gosh, if that's the case...people aren't going to want to shop for items if this is an automatic medical tax added. But, I guess at this point....we don't have much of a say-so in it!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:44 PM   #17479
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
okay...I just popped over to FB....just had to mention this interesting thing....

A friend of mine went shopping and bought 2 items....total was approx $104. She paid $10.98 in taxes. Okay... I didn't think anything of it at first....that was sales tax. Well, the receipt then broke down the taxes.....$8.59 was state/local taxes...okay....well, the $2.39 said medical receipt.....this medical tax is to help pay for the Obama care...free medical. She was explaining the rest of it in her "rather heated" post! Gosh, if that's the case...people aren't going to want to shop for items if this is an automatic medical tax added. But, I guess at this point....we don't have much of a say-so in it!
I think that everyone is going to get a wake up call about what kind of taxes we're going to be paying over time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 01-02-2013, 06:17 PM   #17480
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody..thanks for posting the "happiness" list again. I copied this time! Since it was only day 2....I can write on a piece of paper until I get a journal going.