Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4686Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 08:27 AM   #16841
First To Quack

I am with y'all who want to cut back on 'things' whether activities or stuff. Since moving I have really been giving it all a lot of thought; what do I really need to do or have. Of course I am in an entirely different place them most of you but the new year is always a good time to reflect.

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-19-2012, 09:26 AM   #16842
Stazon Splitcoast

Here is a link to information about The Messiah Project
and a direct link to the Amahl and the Night Visitors ... talking about the program and the Polish Sinfonia.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:29 AM   #16843
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I decided to run my errans & I am so glad I did. Bed, Bath & Beyond is my new favorite store!! When I was there last week I was looking at the Heckles knives. A clerk saw me asked if I need help so I told her I did but from Heckles not her. After I told her about my knives being in terrible shape she told me that they have a deal with Heckles to replace any bad knives that were bought there. Even after I told her that I may have bought them somewhere else the manager said bring them in anyway. I was doubtful but today I took in my steak knives, the 4" parer & the big chef knife. They had the 2 in stock & swapped them out & then ORDERED me a new set of 8 steak knives to be deliver at my house!!!! And the guy worked it out so I didn't have to pay anything...even got a store cerdit of $2.52! WOW!!!! $630 worth of new knives and store credit????? yeah...BB&B is my new favorite store
Whoo Hoooo.... yeah when you find a store that understands the true meaning of customer service, you have to go back
Old 12-19-2012, 09:32 AM   #16844
Stazon Splitcoast

Nasty stuff is to move in here tomorrow. I've been out and cleaned the kennel. Bob will feed/ water the dogs but not clean the kennel so you can imagine what they were like after 2 weeks. I have Bob's jeans on the line, sheets going in the dryer. Now I need a shower and get some errands run. Then I'm coming home to finish Christmas cards. I have the stamps so if I have to just put them in our box to go out tomorrow, that will be fine.

Oh, Shell... I finally mailed Jaydin's envelope yesterday. Just crazy!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:12 AM   #16845
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I have the kitty boxes changed, still need to change out the bags in the big can. I really need to get a couple of errands done. Let's see if I can get my act together!
Old 12-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #16846
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Nasty stuff is to move in here tomorrow. I've been out and cleaned the kennel. Bob will feed/ water the dogs but not clean the kennel so you can imagine what they were like after 2 weeks. I have Bob's jeans on the line, sheets going in the dryer. Now I need a shower and get some errands run. Then I'm coming home to finish Christmas cards. I have the stamps so if I have to just put them in our box to go out tomorrow, that will be fine.

Oh, Shell... I finally mailed Jaydin's envelope yesterday. Just crazy!
I heard y'all have a big storm coming, stock up & be careful.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-19-2012, 10:26 AM   #16847
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I decided to run my errans & I am so glad I did. Bed, Bath & Beyond is my new favorite store!! When I was there last week I was looking at the Heckles knives. A clerk saw me asked if I need help so I told her I did but from Heckles not her. After I told her about my knives being in terrible shape she told me that they have a deal with Heckles to replace any bad knives that were bought there. Even after I told her that I may have bought them somewhere else the manager said bring them in anyway. I was doubtful but today I took in my steak knives, the 4" parer & the big chef knife. They had the 2 in stock & swapped them out & then ORDERED me a new set of 8 steak knives to be deliver at my house!!!! And the guy worked it out so I didn't have to pay anything...even got a store cerdit of $2.52! WOW!!!! $630 worth of new knives and store credit????? yeah...BB&B is my new favorite store
Wowzers! You sure made out like a bandit! I think I'm going to send each of my 2 cousins (sisters) a BB&B GC for Christmas. I think we can always find something there that we'd like to have. I know I would.
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #16848
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
You have had a very busy and full year~ so if there is some thing not done it sure is not from lack of trying

I do not know how you get it all done

Go enjoy this time with your family and rest some too
LOL! I don't get it all done. That's why I need a cleaning lady. And a lawn mower guy.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #16849
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
my laundry is going, Krista is dealing with an Ipod issue ~ a young boy took Cody's and now that they have it back they have to restore it due to the kin changing the lock and password~ AARRGGHHH! why are young kids like that?? well at least since Ali opened her mouth Krista was aware of where it was ~ All Cody said was he lost it ~ uh no he did leave it on the bus, but the other kid knew whos it was ~ ok enuff said

She is going shopping , Keith says tomorrow will be really nasty here !
I am going to those 2 small towns and maybe to Peoria to look for Donnie's gift ...I think I need a couple of things for the girls , but that will wait til the week end I want to get home get my brothers package in the mail and start wrapping and cook some good for supper ...
Next week is Christmas. Just sayin'
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-19-2012, 11:41 AM   #16850
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Yep...I did the same thing, Maggie! I started in January too. But, I do need to remember to get the inside done too. Gosh, there was a batch I didn't use this year because I didn't put anything inside. I didn't want to take the time to do it....so, I need to do that in January. Then get started on my batch for January. Hopefully I can keep up with it this next year. This year I was playing catch up towards the end. But, I still had some in my stash from the years before! I love it when I over planned!
I hadn't stamped any of mine inside either. I basically picked a couple really nice sentiments and then just stamped as I was signing them. I hope to get started again in January. I have a lot of digital images that I didn't get to use this year, so they will be fresh.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-19-2012, 11:42 AM   #16851
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Yes, I need to shop today for "someone" while he is gone. Makes it so much easier! I also need to be home in time to make brownies for bowling tonight. They like to celebrate Christmas by having everyone bring some type of food. We'll see how many remember....
Have fun. Is this a "counted" session or a freebie?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #16852
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Wowzers! You sure made out like a bandit! I think I'm going to send each of my 2 cousins (sisters) a BB&B GC for Christmas. I think we can always find something there that we'd like to have. I know I would.
You aren't kidding!!!! The cost of these darn things have gone up to something like twice the cost I paid! No way would I pay this price now. I love that store, you're right you can always find something great there.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-19-2012, 12:12 PM   #16853
First To Quack

We have to get Chris's gift (work bench...not sure whether to but it in Ga or if we'll have room in the car) and something for Denny (not sure if we'll even get to see him) then finish wrapping the last. Not bad. Tomorrow I'll start those rolls, wish me luck! I can't wait to try my new oven has a bread proof mode.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #16854
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
you are AMAZING ~ that is so wonderful, as good of any Christmas gift you could get ~

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 12-19-2012, 03:06 PM   #16855
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Thanks Dody. I did get get my errands run. I don't plan on leaving the yard until the day after Christmas... and that is dependent on how what the weather does on Christmas Day.

They are talking we will have high winds... possibly even tornadoes between midnight and 3 a.m. tonight. We have been encased in fog since about 3:30 this afternoon
Old 12-19-2012, 03:08 PM   #16856
Mini Quack

Quote:
Soni, thank goodness Ali knew about the iPod!!! I hope they figure it all out & Cody keeps it at home not school now.
Krista is up to 2 hours on the phone and computer but still not able to un lock ~ those boys need to be held accountable ~ this is totally not acceptable in my book ~ she just wants to try to do this she knows those families do not have ability to purchase one ...but I am sorry that is not an excuse... I am pretty sure they know the new code they do not realise what all is going on~ or maybe they do jealous and naughty middle schoolers are capable of so much

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:10 PM   #16857
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm done for the night.
I picked up a couple of individual Stouffers lasagna's while I was at the store. I think one of them is on the agenda for supper. I probably should have checked to see how much wood Bob left me in the basement. Sounds like I"ll need it tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:12 PM   #16858
Mini Quack

Quote:
yes they are still calling for it last I checked 4 - 6 or 6 - 8 inches here with winds up to 40 MPH so I am not leaving the house if we get it ~ Lois needed to postpone any way ~

So I have tomorrow to stay at home , re group, wrap, enjoy Christmas music and maybe bake too ...

My package to my brothers is mailed out of Peoria Priority ...so a decent chance it will get there Sat or Mon...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #16859
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree. One of the things Rep. Fitzwater and I discussed yesterday was the lack of accountability among the youth and the inability to discipline our children without fear of retribution.

Granted Cody shouldn't have taken it to school or left it on the bus. However, a responsible child would have given it to the bus driver or taken it home and told their parents who it belonged to so it could be taken care of. And if their parents are not aware of the issue, they can't do anything on their side either.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:16 PM   #16860
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yes they are still calling for it last I checked 4 - 6 or 6 - 8 inches here with winds up to 40 MPH so I am not leaving the house if we get it ~ Lois needed to postpone any way ~

So I have tomorrow to stay at home , re group, wrap, enjoy Christmas music and maybe bake too ...

My package to my brothers is mailed out of Peoria Priority ...so a decent chance it will get there Sat or Mon...
Sounds like you've made progress. I hope nothing serious with Lois causing her to postpone.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #16861
Mini Quack

Alright girls, you all will be proud of me

I did go three places looking for some thing similar to Bills gift ~
nothing to be found * sigh

So I found a frame, on clearance for $5 .99 that was almost identical ...
I came home and used my printer, dug in my stash of paper, stickers and stamps and found a saying I liked and made Donnies gift ...

It is not as nice but I was ok with it, if I had just taken more time I could have done both ...
I am definitely going to re think Christmas next year...
I took a year of doing nothing and dug myself in a hole~
It is time to re evaluate what all I have and can do ...and simply do it !...

Dustin finished the inside of his cards tonight and did the envelopes to, I hope his teachers know how much thought he put into each one ... He * thinks he might want to make a few more So if we get snowed in, I am sure we will

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #16862
Stazon Splitcoast

I am on the hunt for a Polish cookbook. I'd like to have a couple of things on the buffet next year that are familiar to our guests. So when you're hitting those used book stores, please keep your eye out for me.

I'm looking at doing one of two things... general buffet with a variety of appetizer type items
OR
a European style buffet with dishes like Beggars Purses' and homemade french pastries.

Lots of time to plan but need to start thinking now. My friend who owns the quilt store said she would lend me tables from her class room.

I had initially thought of tables/ chairs from Bob's Masonic Lodge but if he isn't home, that might not work.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:21 PM   #16863
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Alright girls, you all will be proud of me

I did go three places looking for some thing similar to Bills gift ~
nothing to be found * sigh

So I found a frame, on clearance for $5 .99 that was almost identical ...
I came home and used my printer, dug in my stash of paper, stickers and stamps and found a saying I liked and made Donnies gift ...

It is not as nice but I was ok with it, if I had just taken more time I could have done both ...
I am definitely going to re think Christmas next year...
I took a year of doing nothing and dug myself in a hole~
It is time to re evaluate what all I have and can do ...and simply do it !...

Dustin finished the inside of his cards tonight and did the envelopes to, I hope his teachers know how much thought he put into each one ... He * thinks he might want to make a few more So if we get snowed in, I am sure we will
That's cool that Dustin is enjoying this.

Congrats on getting Donnie's made. He'll love it.

One of the key things about Christmas Notebook is the Evaluation we do around January 8th... so we can begin looking ahead to how things need to be different next year.

As it is right now, my Christmas decorations may go up on Halloween so I'm not trying to do that AND write a new novel in November. LOL
Old 12-19-2012, 03:22 PM   #16864
Mini Quack

Quote:
Next week is Christmas. Just sayin'
oh yes I am well aware of that ~ I am not happy with where I am, I hope to be done so I could have Faith a bit and give Tammy a break and I really wanted to go visit a few people too ... Sometimes I make life hard and God has to "get my attention" so to speak...well he has it now and I truly hope to re think how I spend my days...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #16865
Mini Quack

Quote:
I hadn't stamped any of mine inside either. I basically picked a couple really nice sentiments and then just stamped as I was signing them. I hope to get started again in January. I have a lot of digital images that I didn't get to use this year, so they will be fresh.
Maggie maybe you can be my motivation buddy~ I really want to do a few each month... not sure what happened to me ~ I get over whelmed with the thought of "having " to get things done
I need to find a way to encourage myself ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:24 PM   #16866
Stazon Splitcoast

Spirited has decided he needs to lay between me and the laptop. I don't think he realizes how difficult it is to type. LOL But then I don't think he cares either. hehe
Old 12-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #16867
Mini Quack

Quote:
We have to get Chris's gift (work bench...not sure whether to but it in Ga or if we'll have room in the car) and something for Denny (not sure if we'll even get to see him) then finish wrapping the last. Not bad. Tomorrow I'll start those rolls, wish me luck! I can't wait to try my new oven has a bread proof mode.
oh that oven sounds amazing ...since Keith got my new element in I have used it every day for some thing : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:26 PM   #16868
Stazon Splitcoast

Soni, think about designating a day on the calendar each month where you work on Christmas... I am going back to my Reindeer Club motivation with Christmas Notebook... the 25th. And if the 25th winds up on a Sunday, we backtrack and do it on Saturday.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:27 PM   #16869
Mini Quack

Quote:
Krista is up to 2 hours on the phone and computer but still not able to un lock ~ those boys need to be held accountable ~ this is totally not acceptable in my book ~ she just wants to try to do this she knows those families do not have ability to purchase one ...but I am sorry that is not an excuse... I am pretty sure they know the new code they do not realise what all is going on~ or maybe they do jealous and naughty middle schoolers are capable of so much
she is now on 3 1/2 hours and still not able to unlock or use it in any way ! Oh I am not a happy grandma

as I tell those kids often, they are lucky she is their mom, and not me ~ enuff said

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #16870
Mini Quack

Quote:
I agree. One of the things Rep. Fitzwater and I discussed yesterday was the lack of accountability among the youth and the inability to discipline our children without fear of retribution.

Granted Cody shouldn't have taken it to school or left it on the bus. However, a responsible child would have given it to the bus driver or taken it home and told their parents who it belonged to so it could be taken care of. And if their parents are not aware of the issue, they can't do anything on their side either.
he has special permission to have it at school, it helps him with spare time .. yes he should have not had it out and he should have been more responsible ... but those other two are in need of serious talking with and consequences, in my opinion

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-19-2012, 03:31 PM   #16871
Stazon Splitcoast

I picked up the copy of the paper today. They ran my story on the concert at the grade school with the picture I submitted. Another article basically the same thing was written and run by someone else - with another of MY pictures! Only two other people have that picture... Katie and Steven. Waiting to find out who used it. I KNOW it wasn't Steven and I don't think it was Katie, unless she thanked herself in the article. I did give her permission to use the photos I sent her for promotion

They also did NOT run my story on Steven, which we need to encourage the potential options for grants/ private funding for next year. :: sigh ::
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #16872
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
he has special permission to have it at school, it helps him with spare time .. yes he should have not had it out and he should have been more responsible ... but those other two are in need of serious talking with and consequences, in my opinion
absolutely!
Old 12-19-2012, 03:35 PM   #16873
Stazon Splitcoast

time to go fix dinner and see what I can get off the dvr. I have a couple Christmas shows to watch. Tomorrow starts a new day full of STUFF lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:45 PM   #16874
Mini Quack

Quote:

His parents were aware last week, but he "told" them he returned it ~
and tonight we found out the other boy has locked another boys I pod too, so it is not just an accident , seems to be pretty intentional

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 12-19-2012 at 03:49 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 03:51 PM   #16875
First To Quack

Quote:
Thanks Dody. I did get get my errands run. I don't plan on leaving the yard until the day after Christmas... and that is dependent on how what the weather does on Christmas Day.

They are talking we will have high winds... possibly even tornadoes between midnight and 3 a.m. tonight. We have been encased in fog since about 3:30 this afternoon
wow, I am glad you decided to stay home for Christmas. I know your baby girl would have loved to see you but she also wants you safe. Maybe you'll get caught up on all the your writing

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-19-2012, 03:52 PM   #16876
First To Quack

Quote:
I agree!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #16877
Mini Quack

sorry for the ongoing ranting ~ Apple thinks they have have found a way to correct it... so we can only hope his aps are still there, the music is on Alis computer so she can recover that if this works ...

Ok Ali cam over and fixed grilled cheese sandwiches for herself , Krista and me and we have Little Debbie Christmas tree cakes if we are good

I am enjoying my new Mathew West cd, and plan on doing nothing tonight ...
my stress level is coming down, so I want to relax a bit and just smile for a few minutes

Randy was up again today, he is in some pain and not looking too good I hope he goes to the clinic here, but I bet they send him ti Indy to be checked... It might be stress, or they up-ed the dosage on one medicines, I hope he does not need to go to INDY, since they arranged his next chemo to be held off to Jan 2

a few extra prayers for him would be nice, he is so frustrated that he cannot do all he usually does to be my helper this time of year he did one errand for me today and feel asleep sitting at my kitchen table : ( and to keep him from damaging my printer I had to take time out or what I was doing to figure out how to replace an ink cartridge * big sigh...

yes I am a bit calmer now too

and I hope to wake up re charged and ready to get busy

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 12-19-2012 at 04:16 PM..
Old 12-19-2012, 03:56 PM   #16878
First To Quack

Quote:

yeah, but won't you think they would notice the kid using an iPod? and ask a few questions???? Since it was found on the bus could the school get involved & have the kid reprogram it? Maybe Donavan or one of his friends know how.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #16879
First To Quack

Quote:
I am on the hunt for a Polish cookbook. I'd like to have a couple of things on the buffet next year that are familiar to our guests. So when you're hitting those used book stores, please keep your eye out for me.

I'm looking at doing one of two things... general buffet with a variety of appetizer type items
OR
a European style buffet with dishes like Beggars Purses' and homemade french pastries.

Lots of time to plan but need to start thinking now. My friend who owns the quilt store said she would lend me tables from her class room.

I had initially thought of tables/ chairs from Bob's Masonic Lodge but if he isn't home, that might not work.
Did you google recipes? My grandma was from Austria and we ate some thing similar. I am on the hunt for a kolchace recipe grandma made. It was made with a can of beer (for the yeast) she was so funny~ she would never buy beer herself but wait until my dad could buy it for her. The cookies were formed into small balls, them rolled flat in sugar & filled with a sugar/ground walnut mix. I only made them once with her, they were so much work!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-19-2012, 04:03 PM   #16880
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie maybe you can be my motivation buddy~ I really want to do a few each month... not sure what happened to me ~ I get over whelmed with the thought of "having " to get things done
I need to find a way to encourage myself ...
I joined the Christmas Card Challenge thread. I did pretty good up until August making 5 cards a month. If I can just keep it up, then I'll be good. I've got to get myself on a schedule of projects every week.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew