Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6782Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2012, 11:58 AM   #16681
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I had pillow forms and material out but Ali came in for a minute so I had to put it away lol maybe later

2 loads of laundry done, and cleaned up that area~ a few emails sent out, ~ talked to both girls .. ~ and carried several trips of presents down to the basement and brought up a few more decorations too ~
I need to grab a bite of some thing light, I will make potato soup after while ...

just checking in ...
Sounds like you've accomplished quite a bit.

I can't see the sofa yet, but the stuff on there is at least sorted for specific locations. LOL

I need to talk to Bob about Sue's GC before I package that box up. We had purchase gift cards for her, Jeremy and one as a family. Well, I got her a Starbucks... only to find out she's gone vegan and has not had coffee in almost 2 weeks. So I'm tucking that one away for my travels in April. When I bought those cards, they did NOT charge me a $4 per card service charge.
However... I picked her up a Visa giftcard last night (at a different walmart) and they charged me the $4. Not sure it's worth the 40 min drive round trip to find out why and fix. I have the receipts but I want the cards intact if that's what we decide to do.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #16682
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
LOL Thanks for the giggle, Sue. I had this vision of 101 Dalmatian puppies in kitty form.

Oh Kel, now that got me giggling.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #16683
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So nice to come home from running errands and have a clean house that I didn't have to clean myself.

Got some good deals today with lots of good discounts.

One thing I didn't get done - getting my car registration, and now I can't find the form that I need to do that. I had it last night and remember putting it with my purse, but It's not in my purse and not with any of the other papers I had with me. I did toss some trash out this morning, so I went and looked in the recycle bin to see if I tossed it by mistake. Not there. I've looked all over the place and can't find it anywhere.
Hmmmm don't stress and it will come to you. Usually the way it works.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:01 PM   #16684
First To Quack

Quote:
LOL Thanks for the giggle, Sue. I had this vision of 101 Dalmatian puppies in kitty form.
and I pictured the hobos from the depression marking a fencepost!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-15-2012, 12:05 PM   #16685
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I'm sure after the holidays are over that kind of shopping will pick back up. I have a bag of clothes to drop off at GoodWill plus some Christmas stuff. Like Sue I don't want to be confused with a hoarder. This house isn't really all that small but with no basement everything is right in my face. I've been going thru my clothes & purging all the out of style or too small stuff. Sadly there is more too small than out of style.
I need to do that after Bob goes back to work. It's time to purge the closet again.

As the weight comes off I still have a tub of UndercoverWear downstairs to go through. Some pieces may not be right for me anymore no matter how much I like them
Old 12-15-2012, 12:11 PM   #16686
Stazon Splitcoast

okay, there goes the dryer. time to move again. I was going through my One Spirit mailer to see if there was anything I wanted to order and found a book by the couple who own the Baker Creek Seed Company near here in Mansfield MO. I go there at least once a year.

They have a book out called The Baker Creek Vegan Cookbook... traditional ways to cook, preserve and eat the harvest.

Kind of cool to see a local company in a national circular.
Old 12-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #16687
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
I'm sure after the holidays are over that kind of shopping will pick back up. I have a bag of clothes to drop off at GoodWill plus some Christmas stuff. Like Sue I don't want to be confused with a hoarder. This house isn't really all that small but with no basement everything is right in my face. I've been going thru my clothes & purging all the out of style or too small stuff. Sadly there is more too small than out of style.
oopps
I cannot even count the number of bags and boxes of clothes I have donated, sold at garage sale and have in the consignment shop~ and I still have way too much * sigh I will go through it all again in January

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 12-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #16688
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
I'm trying... oh how I'm trying. Now is not a good time to try to sell online I think. I may wait until after the first of the year to put some more out there. That will give me some time to sort and get pictures taken too.

I'm going to get off here in a bit to get some images stamped that I promised to a special friend. Want to get them in the mail this upcoming week.

Actually have Christmas cards done! Just have to address and mail them. Found a stash I must have made for a possible swap and then changed my mind about participating or maybe I just was ahead of the game. Anyway, it was a matter of assembling and then doing the inside. May have to plan to do similiar planning for next year.

Looking forward to have a 3 day weekend starting on the 22nd. I do have to work on the 25th, but that's okay. It will only be for 6hrs and I didn't have anything else to do that day anyway.
well I hope you get to enjoy that weekend, sorry you have to drive on that day for the 6 hours but you knew you would...
As far as I know we will all be together on Christmas day !
In saying that I did tell both girls that if they change their mind and choose to stay home I understand
Having little ones it would be nice to just stay at home with them...I can go to both houses...and even take food if they want ... Of course the weather will be a factor too

I have to say, my girls are trying so hard again to see that we all enjoy this day ... It has been a financial challenge for both of them this tear ~ but they are really trying to not let that bother them... I am so proud of them ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-15-2012, 01:06 PM   #16689
Mini Quack

Quote:
Hmmmm don't stress and it will come to you. Usually the way it works.
yep I was missing one bag from shopping... but I just kept on wit the list and looked again...I do remember not being able to put it where I usually do since mt little angel was sleeping one day

so far the list is looking pretty good I do need 2 possibly 3 things for Cody ~ but I knew that and some thing for Keith I was planning on getting him a new work coat with the safety bands, but he has not got me the info...not sure he wants it not knowing if he will get to use it after these few months of work...so ??????

I need to go to my email and check some shipping confirmations... I know 2 things that are not here ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #16690
First To Quack

Quote:
oopps
I cannot even count the number of bags and boxes of clothes I have donated, sold at garage sale and have in the consignment shop~ and I still have way too much * sigh I will go through it all again in January
isn't it funny what we hang onto? well...me at least!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-15-2012, 01:59 PM   #16691
First To Quack

Quote:
So nice to come home from running errands and have a clean house that I didn't have to clean myself.
Got some good deals today with lots of good discounts.

One thing I didn't get done - getting my car registration, and now I can't find the form that I need to do that. I had it last night and remember putting it with my purse, but It's not in my purse and not with any of the other papers I had with me. I did toss some trash out this morning, so I went and looked in the recycle bin to see if I tossed it by mistake. Not there. I've looked all over the place and can't find it anywhere.
I'm sure!!! I've never had that pleasure we are enjoying how cheap yard care is down here!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-15-2012, 02:40 PM   #16692
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
such pointy little chins... do they have some siamese in them? Sure are cute little guys.
I don't think so, but there's no way to tell. Their mama is pitch black and I don't know who their daddy is. Yes, they are so adorable and sweet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #16693
Stazon Splitcoast

A few cards ready for the mail on Monday and a box is ready to go too. Doesn't feel like I got accomplished today, but then tomorrow is another work day and I didn't sleep the best last night. I did get some paperwork sorted and will take some stuff into the living room tonight to work on while I watch TV.

I made my usual Saturday night supper. Frozen pizza. Not much interest in cooking these days. Do have my menu planned for the 24th though.

Laundry is caught up until next Tuesday - then I'll do bedding and dark colors. Want to be able to relax next weekend.

Oh nuts, I still have presents to wrap. Okay, that's going on the chore list for Tuesday too. Move the pictures of items for eBay until the following weekend.

Been having alot of cramping in my feet lately. Don't know if it's related to the cold weather or maybe I just need to get more potassium. Do know that blood sugar levels are down a bit too - consistently lower, hoping it's means more weight is leaving. I have found a whole new set of clothes because of the 30# weight loss. It's like going shopping without spending any money. I too have gotten rid of a lot of clothes, but now some of the basics, like jeans & TShirts that were too tight are fitting. Helps the wallet.

Opps, timer is going off - suppertime!!!

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:14 PM   #16694
Mini Quack

for any of you on face book, I just shared a video of Marylou singing Silent night ~ I was amazed, she has a beautiful voice but rarely sings due to her breathing issues...I was amazed she did this
they had a parade and gathered at the church...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 PM   #16695
Mini Quack

hey Sue,,,great news on the weight loss~ keep up the good work but be sure to get the right nutrition in you please
I made potato soup tonight, Keith came over and got some for Krista, I sent some chicken fingers home for the boys... Krista has been in bed for 2 days...she really has me worried, not sounding much better at all ...neither is Cody

I think we are post- poning his birthday gathering, I know she is not doing a cake so I think I will just take his presents to him tomorrow, poor guy Maybe we can go to a movie or do some thing fun on Christmas break

I am off to get an early bath , and watch a movie ..
I did not get sewing done today, maybe tomorrow if Ali does not come over ...Donovan and her may come here since Krista and Cody are so sick, they have not seen each other much lately ~ he misses her he is so sweet

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-15-2012, 05:50 PM   #16696
Mini Quack

OK I have had my bath, cleaned up my kitchen, and found my tape
woo hoo it is the little things that makes me happy

I am off to my chair to watch a movie , and double check my Walmart list ... and see if I can pick up any thing else I need while I am out ...

I am struggling for ideas for Cody yet... what do you buy a 12 year old boy ??? he sure has not been much help in telling me what he wants this year ... kind of like his dad and a whole lot like his momma

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-15-2012, 07:01 PM   #16697
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

had a successful day at the launch. We had a group of scouts come out...showed them how to fly rockets for the first time. Oh they had a great time! We then had several new people come out. The winds were up...it had rained last night...but, all in all a very nice day!
Old 12-16-2012, 03:41 AM   #16698
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
All caught up think ! whew you all were chatty today

I have baked mac and cheese waiting for me and a burger simmering...if I simmer it in water after I fry it I can swallow it easier...
this choking on food is getting to me

I plan on an easy night so I will be back later ,,, hope you all had a fantastic Friday
Didn't realize you were still having issues with this. What does the doctor say about it?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 03:43 AM   #16699
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
morning! no goals for today since I didn't touch the last 2 days goals....got other things done instead; yeah, I'll just go with that!

Today is foggy and cooler again. I have a sweatshirt on & put a fleece on top of that when I went outside. I have a tickle in my throat, think I will baby that so I don't get sick for Christmas. Looks like I do need sweats & jeans in Fl afterall.
I don't think there is anywhere in the US where you don't need them sometime during the year if only for a day or two.

I was feeling a little tightness in my chest yesterday morning and this morning. Took some Mucinex this morning and some extra vitamin C. No time to get sick or even a cold until I get back home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 04:03 AM   #16700
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Soni, that's not weird at all,m when I had my worse jobs to do I just put my head down & started in. I hated it but I didn't 'think' about it, ya know? I put some upbeat music on & got with it. Once Bud came in & asked "since when do you listen to hard rock?" lol
That sure does get you moving though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 04:04 AM   #16701
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Floors are done! YEAH!!!!!
What are you using to clean your tile floors?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 04:05 AM   #16702
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
had a successful day at the launch. We had a group of scouts come out...showed them how to fly rockets for the first time. Oh they had a great time! We then had several new people come out. The winds were up...it had rained last night...but, all in all a very nice day!
Glad you had a good rockets day. Yesterday was warm here, but overcast all day. We're getting the rain this morning. Oh well, we always need the rain so no complaining.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 04:06 AM   #16703
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Thought I was going to have time to catch up, but I need to get my GC's ready and get the black beans ready for the crockpot. I was up until midnight wrapping the gifts.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 05:32 AM   #16704
Mini Quack

Quote:
Didn't realize you were still having issues with this. What does the doctor say about it?
I possibly need to have something dilated... I need to go see a gastroenerologist... it is not bad just frustrating ...I am going to go talk with a specialist

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-16-2012, 05:39 AM   #16705
Mini Quack

Good Morning ladies, It is still dreary out side, in the low 40's

As soon as I have my tea and computer time, I will get ready and go to Peoria...I am not sure if I will go any where besides Walmart...
If my brain wakes up soon, I will try to figure that out

If Ali comes over we might bake cookies, unless Donovan comes too, then I imagine they will hang out ~ maybe we can play a game...

I will take Cody's birthday presents over at some point, he is bot happy that we are not having a party~ there is NO WAY Krista could even try to bake his cake, nor should they be inviting any one in to their sick house hold... I guess at 12, you do not understand that ~ plus he is just settling in to a new dosage of medicine

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-16-2012, 05:57 AM   #16706
Mini Quack

Quote:
I possibly need to have something dilated... I need to go see a gastroenerologist... it is not bad just frustrating ...I am going to go talk with a specialist
I am so frustrated with the issue at hand ~ getting my medicine approved ~ that I do not even want to go near that office... I have to call in the morning to see what the young lady wanted on Friday ~ they were so kind to call minutes before the closed the office for a party... AARRGGHHHH

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #16707
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning ladies. May I say Merry Christmas! Because this is the day Bob and I chose to celebrate since he leaves on Tuesday.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:41 AM   #16708
Stazon Splitcoast

Great day, Suzy. I love when Scouts get involved in things and are genuinely excited about an event.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:42 AM   #16709
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Kelly....Merry Christmas...enjoy!
Old 12-16-2012, 08:49 AM   #16710
Stazon Splitcoast

Don't expect will see much of you today, Maggie. Hope your day went well. When do you leave?
Old 12-16-2012, 08:56 AM   #16711
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Kelly....Merry Christmas...enjoy!
Thanks Suzy. My netbook is charged so going to check it out. I really want a nap. LOL

Tried Nyquil cough last night instead of my thera flu. Was awake every 4 hours taking a new dose. Grrr.
Old 12-16-2012, 08:58 AM   #16712
Stazon Splitcoast

Soni..I hope you can find everything you need. Bob was surprised by the number of gifts under the tree for him this morning. hehe He felt bad 'cause I only had one. But I told him he had lots of little things I knew he wanted and he got me the 1 big thing I wanted so we both got just what we wanted and that's all that mattered.

It's not about the # of presents or the $ spent. It's about being with the one you love. And though I think he had a question or two this week, he knows without a doubt I do.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:00 AM   #16713
Stazon Splitcoast

Congrats on the weight loss, Sue. I hope I can do as well. I'm trying. Four months to drop 30-40 pounds is NOT a lot of time but can still be done healthily.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:52 AM   #16714
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning ladies. May I say Merry Christmas! Because this is the day Bob and I chose to celebrate since he leaves on Tuesday.
I"m celebrating today also with my DD and family here in Texas since I'll be gone for the next 2 Sundays. I thought it would be better for the kids to have their gifts before Christmas rather than have to wait until after the New Year.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 09:54 AM   #16715
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Don't expect will see much of you today, Maggie. Hope your day went well. When do you leave?
The kids will be over about 3 and we'll do our Christmas opening then and then have dinner after. Got everything ready for them. I do need to warm up the ham and cook the pork roast. Neither will take that much time to do.

I leave on Friday morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 09:55 AM   #16716
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks Suzy. My netbook is charged so going to check it out. I really want a nap. LOL

Tried Nyquil cough last night instead of my thera flu. Was awake every 4 hours taking a new dose. Grrr.
Sorry. I hope you get to feeling better soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 09:56 AM   #16717
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Soni..I hope you can find everything you need. Bob was surprised by the number of gifts under the tree for him this morning. hehe He felt bad 'cause I only had one. But I told him he had lots of little things I knew he wanted and he got me the 1 big thing I wanted so we both got just what we wanted and that's all that mattered.

It's not about the # of presents or the $ spent. It's about being with the one you love. And though I think he had a question or two this week, he knows without a doubt I do.
Exactly!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 09:57 AM   #16718
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Congrats on the weight loss, Sue. I hope I can do as well. I'm trying. Four months to drop 30-40 pounds is NOT a lot of time but can still be done healthily.
Yep! Weight Watches come the first of the year. I'll be happy with 25 pounds.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-16-2012, 10:39 AM   #16719
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yep! Weight Watches come the first of the year. I'll be happy with 25 pounds.
I have 2 goals by Aprils 20th..

NOT look lik my sister or have her health issues
Look killer for the symphony
Old 12-16-2012, 10:43 AM   #16720
Stazon Splitcoast

playing with my new netbook. trying to get use to the scrunched up keyboard LOL and getting it to agree to letting me get on YIM But now that Bob has gone to the timber... I think I'll put the turkey breast in the oven then take a long hot shower.