Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6333Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2012, 08:21 AM   #16321
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Howdy girls!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:22 AM   #16322

I posted these on fb, but wanted to post them here for y'all to see

Ours school's production of Oliver - Ali played Nancy

It's a Fine Life
It's a Fine Life - YouTube
Old 12-08-2012, 08:24 AM   #16323

This is I'd Do Anything

Ali's friend Emilee played Artful Dodger, starting this song, their friend Katy played Oliver, her friend Lindsey played Bet, and Ali's boyfriend Donovan played Fagin (all singing here)

I'd Do Anything - YouTube
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #16324

This is Oom-Pah-Pah

she messed up a bit, but recovered nicely

Oom Pah Pah - YouTube
Old 12-08-2012, 08:25 AM   #16325

This is As Long As He Needs Me

As Long As He Needs Me - YouTube

and the reprise for As Long As He Needs Me

Reprise - As Long As He Needs Me.AVI - YouTube
Old 12-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #16326

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I found this on pinterst & I am going to try it next year. Anyone want to join me? Calling a friend or family member each day will be a challenge for me! But I can see that I do need to reach out, perhaps a few quackers may get calls

1. Make your bed.

The book The Happiness Project, explains that this three minute task is one of the simplest habits you can adopt to positively impact your happiness.

2. Bring every room back to “ready.”

I learned this trick from Marilyn Paul’s clever book, It’s Hard to Make a Difference When You Can’t Find Your Keys. It’s a known fact: Clutter causes stress; order creates a haven from it. This mood-boosting routine is simple: Take about three minutes to bring each room back to “ready” before you depart it. (Unless you have a toddler, or a partner who likes to simulate earthquakes, three minutes should be sufficient.)

3. Display sentimental items around your home.

One reason that experiences (and memories of those experiences) make us happier than material things is due to the entire cycle of enjoyment that experiences provide: planning the experience, looking forward to the experience, enjoying the experience, and then remembering the experience. Make your home a gallery of positive memories.

4. Start a one-line-a-day gratitude journal.

Before bed, simply jot down one happy memory from that day. (If you have kids, you can ask them, “What was the best part of today?”) Reflection is an important part of happiness, and pausing to reflect on a positive event from each day cultivates gratitude. (An added bonus: Later, when your memory is defunct, you will already have all of your meaningful adventures recorded!) If you have trouble getting started with journaling, consider buying a book to guide you. Simple Abundance, by Sarah Ban Breathnach, is a great one.

5. If you can’t get out of it, get into it.

This tip comes from The Happiness Project. I love the message: The dishes are not going to clean themselves, so you will do it, and you will like it! (Unless, of course, you can outsource this job, in which case I say: Nice work!) Otherwise, get into doing the dishes. Feel the soothing warm water on your hands. Enjoy the tickle of the tiny bubbles. Crank your favorite album at an unusually loud volume, do a couple fist-pumps while shouting “Can I get a hell yeah for the dishes? Hell! Yeah!” and pretend you love it.

6. Before you get up each morning, set an intent for the day.

In The Art of Happiness, the Dali Lama says “”Every day, think as you wake up: today I am fortunate to be alive, I have a precious human life, I am not going to waste it.” Wow. What a wise man. I tend to wake up with a strong visceral reaction that says, “Attention human beings: Be afraid of me before coffee. Be very afraid!” Setting a daily intent makes a huge difference. Your daily intent could be something like “be productive” or “enjoy today’s delicious moments” or it could be something more specific like “say thank you to my loved ones today.” But it should not be another “to do” item on your list.

7. Do small favors for your housemates, expecting nothing in return (not even a thank you!).

(That’s right, I said it: nothing!) Mow the lawn for your husband, but don’t expect him to pat you on the back. Make the bed for your wife, but don’t try to get bonus points for it. Take the trash out for your roommate, just because. The ability to cultivate strong, healthy relationships is one of the biggest contributors to health and happiness, but when you start to keep score, the benefit is lost. (No! It’s YOUR turn to clean up the dog poop!) It’s a well-known fact: When you do good, you feel good.

8. Call at least one friend or family member a day.

You can do this while you clean, while you make the bed, or while you walk the dog. Texts and emails do not count! Make an actual phone call to a loved one, just to chat and catch up. We humans are social beings and studies show that even when we don’t feel like it, even if we are naturally introverted, socializing with our loved ones makes us feel better.

9. Spend money on things that cultivate experiences at home.

Save money for a new grill for parties or a new DVD for family movie night — something that will encourage you to have people over and entertain. Plan a summer barbeque, invite your closest friends, kick back and relax. (And don’t forget to print out the pictures to remember the good times.)

10. Spend a few minutes each day connecting with something greater than yourself.

Whatever your spiritual beliefs — or non-beliefs — may be, studies show that connecting to a high power is correlated with happiness. Just stepping back to realize that we are part of an enormous universe can put some perspective on your annoyance with the those-are-definitely-not-mine-and-they-are-abso-fricking-lutely-repulsive socks under the coffee table. Before bed, spend just a few minutes contemplating something larger than yourself. Take a walk in nature. Write in a journal. Create a sacred space in your home. (Or if spirituality is really not your thing, create a home spa: light some candles, soak in a hot bath, delve into a good book… are you feeling better yet?)

__________________________________________________ ___________________________
I like this!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #16327
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

it took two tries, but Faith is down for her after noon nap! Ali is here, she enjoyed playing with her .... My quiet time I finally finished book # 100

whew... I have one more here that is due back this week I am not sure I can get it read in time and I have already re checked it out...I might just take it back and read some of my Christmas related books I have here

I hear Krista went to Peoria and is bringing Brooke back to spend the night... I bet Faith will be so excited .... I need to go decide on supper...I am thinking potato soup might be a good idea then left over roast and taters for lunch tomorrow

Tammy said she enjoyed her morning and did very well at selling some of her 31 pieces as cash and carry...so that is great. She cleared out some pieces they do not carry any longer so she can bring in some new ones

Ali is still here, enjoying her new Nook... I am going to rest while little one is napping I think ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 12-08-2012, 01:46 PM   #16328
First To Quack

Soni, congrats on hitting #100!! That is awesome!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #16329
Total Quack

Quote:
Ya know, maybe you could pick one room & have that be your goal...one is better than nothing, right? Like straighten up the family room or kitchen? With a houseful of kids it's unreasonable to expect a whole house clean!

Does anyone know of a good Bible Study I could do online or even get a book for? I think I need to get back into having my quiet time each morning.

Yeah, I'd like to do that ... I'm just so blasted busy. Right now, I can't find my way out.

Here are some that I really enjoyed - Amazon.com: Time to Get Serious (Paperback Edition): Daily Devotions to Keep You Close to God (9781581349511): Tony Evans: Books

Amazon.com: Group's Scripture Scrapbooks: Books

And this is the one I'm going through now ....

Amazon.com: One Year Alone with God: 366 Devotions on the Names of God (9780800719517): Ava Pennington: Books

You can, sometimes, find devotionals free for the Kindle, too.

Old 12-08-2012, 03:25 PM   #16330
Mini Quack

Thanks Dody, I really slowed down these past few weeks, but I am glad I was able to hit 100, Maybe next year I can shoot for a higher goal...

I curled up in my chair and feel asleep while Faith was napping oopps Ali woke me to say she was going home

Ok supper and dishes are done ... Krista dropped Brooke off ...
I heated up the roast and potatoes, and fixed green beans too
Brooke wanted chicken fingers, all of the kids like the ones from Schwans... they make a great quick meal ~

Faith is hanging out in my craft room with me, she is very verbal tonight ~ I wonder if I should want to know what she is saying lol

I think I will give her a bath pretty soon and we will have a quiet night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #16331
Stazon Splitcoast

Long day today. Put a new soup recipe in the crockpot this morning. Lasagna Soup. Then went to watch powerlifting tournament. Ashley was participating. Then had to run to another town to sign papers in his attorney's office - something that wasn't properly completed for the trial. Then back home to finish up the soup which I then took next door for supper with Davina & family. Then Addison and I watched Madagascar III - she fell asleep about 15 minutes into the movie. Now home and paying bills.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 12-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #16332
Mini Quack

hey Sue, sounds like a full day

When I have Faith it is a lazy day tho I some times feel tired lol

Brooke and I are watching movies on Hallmark channel , Faith is down, not sure if she will stay down, she seems to be more congested tonight ~

how was the new soup??

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-08-2012, 07:55 PM   #16333
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Howdy girls!
Hey KK! We miss you!!!
Old 12-08-2012, 08:02 PM   #16334
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey girls

I'm liking the looks of your list, Dody. I did bookmark that category on your Pintrerst board so I can go back to it.

I found a 5-year diary at TJ max today. Every day has a Question prompt.
Old 12-08-2012, 08:06 PM   #16335
Stazon Splitcoast

Christmas at your house sounds like fun, Maggie. We need to get ours up tomorrow and I'm not sure I have the energy. And if it doesn't fit in the spot we're putting it then I think we'l have to sell it and think about a smaller tree next year.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:41 AM   #16336
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers! What a full day yesterday. Started out with a stop at the PO to get stamps, then cash a check at the bank. Off to Costco to pick up a few things including the fruit for the funeral in the afternoon. Shopping at HEB for groceries. I still never can figure out how come I spend so much $$$ there. Took all that home and then had to run over to the lady's house that was collecting the food. Got there just in the nick of time because another lady was packing all the food up to take over to my friend's house for the reception after the service.

I came home and had a few minutes to eat some lunch and work on a project that I need to have finished today. Then had to get dressed to go to the service which was very lovely. I suppose he has been cremated since there was no casket and no graveside service. They did not have children of their own, but my GF had 2 and her DD has 2 children who were like h is own grandchildren. They even had a small part in the service are are so adorable. Went to the reception after and was able to help out there, meet some people, one of whom was his business partner for 38 years. My GF's DH wrote a syndicated cartoon for the newspapers called Tank McNamara. Not sure if any of you read the comics, but I think it's in the Sunday papers. When he and my GF first got married he started another strip called Second Chances which I love to read because I knew both the people the characters were based on.

So left the service and came home. Had about an hour or so to work on my project a little more before having to go over to my other GF's house to babysit. Her DS is so adorable. He was no problem whatsoever. Loved to scoot around and walk around (holding on of course) and we played in his room for a little bit. At one point he went into the sitting area of the bathroom and pulled open the bottom drawer to see what he could find. I sure didn't want all that all over the floor so I closed the drawer and turned off the light. He didn't like that so he fussed a bit. I took him out into the TV room and turned the TV on and found a kids station. He was mesmerized! He sat there fore about 1/2 hour before I saw that he was sort of off! Time for bed! He was good about that too. Whimpered once when I turned off the light and left, but then was quiet until he heard his parents come home. I was exhausted and went right to bed when I got home.

Whew! Long story and another one coming up today.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2012, 03:43 AM   #16337
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Howdy girls!
HI Krista! Glad you posted those songs here. I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but want to so now I"ll be able to find them.

I took some pictures and a couple videos at Morgan's performance the other night which I still have to post on FB.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-09-2012, 04:15 AM   #16338
First To Quack

oh Maggie! You do stay busy!!! It just made me tired reading about it all

We did go to the potluck luck dinner last night. We met some more neighbors & had a nice evening. Although they are all ages in this neighborhood, the seniors are the most active. As I looked around the room last night it was doubtful more than a few were under 40 (or even 50!)

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #16339
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
oh Maggie! You do stay busy!!! It just made me tired reading about it all

We did go to the potluck luck dinner last night. We met some more neighbors & had a nice evening. Although they are all ages in this neighborhood, the seniors are the most active. As I looked around the room last night it was doubtful more than a few were under 40 (or even 50!)
That's good the 'older' age group stay so active. Those youngers ones will wish they had when they reach that point LOL. Glad you had a nice evening.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:43 AM   #16340
Stazon Splitcoast

Sounds like a busy day, indeed, Maggie. But you loved every minute of it with that baby, I'll bet.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:46 AM   #16341
Stazon Splitcoast

I've been up since 6. My Thera Flu had worn off, I guess. So I figured I'd get up and enjoy some quiet time to try and get some work done. I"ve already taken a sinus pill, Eccinechia with Golden Seal and my probiotic. By the time Bob wakes up maybe everything will have kicked in and I can start on the living room so we can get the tree up today.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:13 AM   #16342
Mini Quack

Morning, sounds like most had a good day yesterday...

Today it is raining and cold here... We need to go next door at 2:00 for cake for Ali's birthday I am hoping little one naps accordingly
Tammy will not not be here before 4:30 or 5:00 as far as I know ...

Faith is up, has a dry diaper and a full belly, she ate her oatmeal and a slice of banana bread too, and is watching cartoons with her milk now
Her cough sounds worse to me, but then I am gramma

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-09-2012, 05:15 AM   #16343
Mini Quack

Kel, hope you feel better ,
Dody, sounds like you and Bud are settling in to your neighborhood
Maggie, wow yes a busy day for you ...glad the little guy was so good for you

I am off to go sit with Faith, see if I can sneak in some gramma snuggles before Brooke gets up

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-09-2012, 05:32 AM   #16344
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Kel, hope you feel better ,
Dody, sounds like you and Bud are settling in to your neighborhood
Maggie, wow yes a busy day for you ...glad the little guy was so good for you

I am off to go sit with Faith, see if I can sneak in some gramma snuggles before Brooke gets up
I'm working on it. I think I'm making a batch of breakfast pizzas this morning. Getting hungry. Gonna have to grab me a couple fig newtons to hold me. Should have done it sooner.
Old 12-09-2012, 05:34 AM   #16345
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Morning, sounds like most had a good day yesterday...

Today it is raining and cold here... We need to go next door at 2:00 for cake for Ali's birthday I am hoping little one naps accordingly
Tammy will not not be here before 4:30 or 5:00 as far as I know ...

Faith is up, has a dry diaper and a full belly, she ate her oatmeal and a slice of banana bread too, and is watching cartoons with her milk now
Her cough sounds worse to me, but then I am gramma
Sounds like a yummy breakfast for a little girl. Abby's breakfast starts off every morning with banana yogurt.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:25 AM   #16346
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
That's good the 'older' age group stay so active. Those youngers ones will wish they had when they reach that point LOL. Glad you had a nice evening.
I guess the younger crowd, like Shell & my Jen are just busy with their own lives. I love having a group to get involved with.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 07:27 AM   #16347
First To Quack

Kelly, I hope you are feeling better. You have been so busy it's no wonder a bug got to you.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 07:29 AM   #16348
First To Quack

Soni, enjoy those kids but rest when you can. No matter how dearly we love the kiddos...they just plain wear ya out! I bet Faith has given you a new purpose to your days. It's a blessing for all of you.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 07:30 AM   #16349
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning all.....

We are suppose to have the temps drop this afternoon. Our high today will be at noon. So, I need to be prepared when I go meet my stamp group. We have a project planned by Sue (monthly challenge group)...we also had to take either a birthday card or anniversary card to share. I got mine done after midnight last night!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:34 AM   #16350
First To Quack

I went grocery shopping alone again spent way too much but I am still stocking up. I do have to finish up my Christmas shopping, I am off my game being away from my shopping areas. I did some online but need to finish up. Part of my problem is that we have pared down so much I think I have more to do than I really do. Gotta get used to all of these changes!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 07:35 AM   #16351
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We had a rocket contest. Jack said that he didn't fly very well. I think he came in 3rd or 4th overall. I only flew once out of 4 times...so, my times got me 4th in that category. I was too busy running the range, doing the paper work and timing the other flights. They had enough people to participate and count the contest...so, I didn't make a big deal out of it. It's not that big of a deal to me. But, the guy running it said that with me getting a 4th place..and only flying once...I might have beat a couple of other guys! Hey...there are other contests! We also had the two schools with teams show up. One actually flew their rocket. The other school just sold stuff and went after other peoples rockets for a price. One way to earn money!
Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #16352
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I went grocery shopping alone again spent way too much but I am still stocking up. I do have to finish up my Christmas shopping, I am off my game being away from my shopping areas. I did some online but need to finish up. Part of my problem is that we have pared down so much I think I have more to do than I really do. Gotta get used to all of these changes!!!!
yep..sometimes changes take a little while to wrap your head around.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:36 AM   #16353
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I still need to get some shopping done...but, that will have to wait until next week.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #16354
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
morning all.....

We are suppose to have the temps drop this afternoon. Our high today will be at noon. So, I need to be prepared when I go meet my stamp group. We have a project planned by Sue (monthly challenge group)...we also had to take either a birthday card or anniversary card to share. I got mine done after midnight last night!
That sounds fun, Suzy!! As I meet ladies I keep asking what their hobbies are, no crafters yet! I heard a rumor the newest neighbors (mother & daughter) quilt so that's exciting. Be sure to share what y'all do.

Temps here are still pretty but should drop a bit next week, might even get a drop or two of rain.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 07:37 AM   #16355
Mini Quack

Dody, yes I understand that !

speaking of changes

when did my Ali Girl grow up??
Attached Thumbnails
img_9851.jpg  

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-09-2012, 07:38 AM   #16356
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
We had a rocket contest. Jack said that he didn't fly very well. I think he came in 3rd or 4th overall. I only flew once out of 4 times...so, my times got me 4th in that category. I was too busy running the range, doing the paper work and timing the other flights. They had enough people to participate and count the contest...so, I didn't make a big deal out of it. It's not that big of a deal to me. But, the guy running it said that with me getting a 4th place..and only flying once...I might have beat a couple of other guys! Hey...there are other contests! We also had the two schools with teams show up. One actually flew their rocket. The other school just sold stuff and went after other peoples rockets for a price. One way to earn money!
That's pretty clever!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 07:40 AM   #16357
Mini Quack

Alright, little one is down, Brooke is awake but still in bed, I printed a few pis from the performance to share today, I am off to wash my hair and get clothes ready... yep it has been a lazy morning !

Any guess what Brooke wants for breakfast ? tho it is approaching lunch time ?! lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 12-09-2012 at 08:26 AM..
Old 12-09-2012, 07:41 AM   #16358
First To Quack

Quote:
Dody, yes I understand that !

speaking of changes

when did my Ali Girl grow up??
right after my Tyler did! Did you see the picture Denny posted on FB? He went to the JROTC ball last night. 'sigh' he is a man now, not my little guy pretending he's T Rex!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-09-2012, 08:27 AM   #16359
Mini Quack

Quote:
right after my Tyler did! Did you see the picture Denny posted on FB? He went to the JROTC ball last night. 'sigh' he is a man now, not my little guy pretending he's T Rex!
No I did not I am not sure I can see it, unless you or Jen tag yourself in it ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #16360
First To Quack

oh, I thought you were friends with Denny...I'll go tag myself! heeheehee that sounded funny!

Cards from the Cabana