Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #16161
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
good morning! another beautiful day here, just a slight chill inthe air this morning Bud said we might go to Lowes this morning, that would be cool!
We're pretty chilly here this morning and the weatherman said that we'll be getting colder by next week with the lows in the 30's. More wintery weather. Right now the jet stream is still going west to east but should turn from north to south next week which will bring the cold air.

Yippee on going to Lowe's. I hope you can find what you're looking for and get that desk set up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:42 AM   #16162
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Do you have a night time setting on your camera? My camera does and the photos are always fabulous as long as you can be close enough to get a good one.
I do have a night time, inside with no flash I use a faster speed, but with the movement on stage some times that does not work well... I will try tho as I said I definitely want pictures myself

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #16163
Mini Quack

Good Morning...it looks like 40's and 50's here, but cold by the weekend maybe even snow but I doubt it
I wasjust talking to little Sandy on the phone, with 2 Sandy's in our extended family we use adjectives to describe them...She wanted to go to Peoria today and for me to go with her .I told her there was just no way I could today, but I was going tomorrow...
So she is going to come go with me I may not get all I wanted done, but that is fine, time with her be greatShe has been sick and tired of being inside We might go see Randy's new condo maybe lunch too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 06:48 AM   #16164
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I do have a night time, inside with no flash I use a faster speed, but with the movement on stage some times that does not work well... I will try tho as I said I definitely want pictures myself
I understand about the movement on stage. I try to get photos of Amanda when she's performing in her dance recitals and it's really hard. I end up with maybe 2 or 3 that are decent. I hope this year with the choir performance, I'll be able to get better photos. Which reminds me, Friday night is the Madrigal performance for Morgan. Have to remember to take my camera. This is a busy weekend starting tonight!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 07:39 AM   #16165
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning all....

Maggie...it's been getting cooler here too. It will be cooler for this weekend for our contest. Oh well! At least I'll know what to wear! On those cooler...warming up to 80's...it's been hard to dress!
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #16166
Mini Quack

well I have a few things done, not a lot ! Krista is just now on her way home from Ali's eye doctors appointment with Ali at 8:30 it is almost 11:30
I hope things are ok

I did get 2 packages in the mail today of things I had ordered ...

I found the small John Deer ornaments for Cody to use on his tree, and a couple of pieces of Christmas to set out , and decided on a few things I do not want to keep

I did get my hair washed and dried so later I can just dress for the performance tonight right now my sweatshirt and jeans are just fine

I may just go sit and read ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 10:48 AM   #16167
First To Quack

Lowes here did not carry the board Kelly told me about so we got the door. It is 36" by 80"...plenty big. I wonder how stamping big images will be since it's hollow core, but really....I used more DP than background stamps. I can always use another surface when I need to. It does need painted but it is smooth so the painting will be added to the 'someday' list. The room looks better already, tons of work yet but almost useable,lol. Now to find a chair...

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-05-2012, 11:00 AM   #16168
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Lowes here did not carry the board Kelly told me about so we got the door. It is 36" by 80"...plenty big. I wonder how stamping big images will be since it's hollow core, but really....I used more DP than background stamps. I can always use another surface when I need to. It does need painted but it is smooth so the painting will be added to the 'someday' list. The room looks better already, tons of work yet but almost useable,lol. Now to find a chair...
So glad that you were at least able to get the door.

I stamp on 2 card tables which do not have hard surfaces. Whenever I stamp a large image (which isn't often) after I ink up, I turn the stamp over on it's wood block and put my c/s on top and use either my brayer or just my hands to press the c/s down onto the stamp to get my image. Always works out well.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 11:28 AM   #16169
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I understand about the movement on stage. I try to get photos of Amanda when she's performing in her dance recitals and it's really hard. I end up with maybe 2 or 3 that are decent. I hope this year with the choir performance, I'll be able to get better photos. Which reminds me, Friday night is the Madrigal performance for Morgan. Have to remember to take my camera. This is a busy weekend starting tonight!
Maggie, didn't one of your grands do the nutcracker out in CA this year? If so, where?
Old 12-05-2012, 11:34 AM   #16170
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Maybe putting a sheet of laminate on it for easy clean up. You can by counter laminate by the sheet. Adhesive rolls on with a paint roller. Something to think about. Sorry they didn't have your board. I'd be lost if our lowes didn't carry it LOL
We used the 4 waterbed under the bed drawer units - 2 on each side of our closet, with a sheet of that on top to create drawer space on the floor of our closets then again for an over the rod shelf. We also just bought a sheet to make partial shelves in my bottom kitchen cabinets so I didn't have to keep stacking stuff on top of other things.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:36 AM   #16171
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Maggie, didn't one of your grands do the nutcracker out in CA this year? If so, where?
She did last December at Encore Dance Centre - http://www.encoredancecentre.com/about-us.aspx

She is performing again this year in the Nutcracker with her new studio down in Orange County, but I don't know the name.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #16172
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
She did last December at Encore Dance Centre - http://www.encoredancecentre.com/about-us.aspx

She is performing again this year in the Nutcracker with her new studio down in Orange County, but I don't know the name.
Ahhh... was wondering. Steven Byess just conducted the score for a production of the Nutcracker.. in L.A. perhaps. I know he's living in Pasadena.
Old 12-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #16173
Mini Quack

Quote:
JoAnns carries a stamping pad the size of the graph paper SU made I use it for my big background stamps and it is great for acrylic stamps too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 02:36 PM   #16174
Mini Quack

well I finally climbed on a step stool and the end of my couch to add the last string of lights, and the red wooden beads that I use as garland... Dustin and Cody did a few ornaments, and we are done...I need to do the tree skirt yet... maybe tomorrow or Friday...

I am off to get dressed to go up to the school for the performance, Krista is there helping and says WOW... I have my camera ready and K & K have their video camera ready too Krista was trying to get us seats up close... She has been there since before school was out ...

Randy came up to go and picked up bouquets for us to give Ali So we had time to visit a bit...

hope you all have a great night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #16175
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
well I finally climbed on a step stool and the end of my couch to add the last string of lights, and the red wooden beads that I use as garland... Dustin and Cody did a few ornaments, and we are done...I need to do the tree skirt yet... maybe tomorrow or Friday...

I am off to get dressed to go up to the school for the performance, Krista is there helping and says WOW... I have my camera ready and K & K have their video camera ready too Krista was trying to get us seats up close... She has been there since before school was out ...

Randy came up to go and picked up bouquets for us to give Ali So we had time to visit a bit...

Glad your decorations are done. I really need to work on ours tomorrow. AT least get the living room ready for the tree.

Enjoy your evening. I'll be thinking of Ali.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:47 PM   #16176
Total Quack

Quote:
I think she's still trying to get her computer issues fixed so she's been using her phone.

Actually, Dell replaced my computer. I still have a few things that need ... 'adjustment' on here, but in general, I'm good to go. Got the replacement the day before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping this one is much more stable.

Old 12-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #16177
Total Quack

Quote:
He actually grew up in a small town about 1.5 hours south of Atlanta. His girlfriend didn't come with him this year. She is a professor at U of S. Cal I believe it is. She is also a conductor. We talked prior to rehearsal and then again afterwards during dinner. We sat talking after Katie and her husband left, closing the restaurant. He is so very passionate about everything and I sense a genius quality. We talked about everything imaginable over the total course of about 4 hours. He asked me to take lots of pictures today. So I need to beautify myself as much as possible and leave in about 30 min.

When I first saw Steven last year, he wore wire-framed glasses and looked like Richard Gere from a distance. And his girlfriend, Sara is a red head. She is super sweet.

That sounds like a wonderful experience. I hope things went really well today. I would be GLAD to be there taking pictures for him.

Old 12-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #16178
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I hope Ali's voice holds out and she nails the performance!

Glad you've got your decorating done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 07:00 PM   #16179
Quacker Stamper

Late night Quacks. I'm ready to hit the sack. I got home in time to grab a quick bite to eat, compose an Agenda for my R.S. presidency meeting tonight and print off another document we needed and then get out of the house to be up at church by 7. Our meeting went to 8:45. Got some images printed off and now wanting to go off to bed.

Tomorrow night we have our R.S. Christmas party/dinner so another long day. Friday night is Morgan's Madrigal dinner/performance.
Saturday is the funeral service for my GF's DH.
Sunday is my SIL's choir performance and dinner at DD's.

I get tired just looking at that. I still need to get some projects done by the end of the weekend.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #16180
Mini Quack

All I can say is "OH MY GOODNESS" THE ENTIRE CAST WAS PHENOMENAL and I am amazed at the acting these lids did as well as the singing... My ali included She can pin point every thing she did wrong, but after being as sick as she was I was mesmerized... Donovan was sick, the girl that played Ali;s sister was sick among several others ... but these kids just kept pouring out everything they had

Ali played Nancy in Oliver Twist, not a part I would have chosen for her but she did it well
I hope I got some good shots, and maybe we got some footage too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 07:30 PM   #16181
Mini Quack

Quote:
I hope Ali's voice holds out and she nails the performance!

Glad you've got your decorating done.
their music director was quite proud and members of the orchestra were telling these students just how good they were ...

her voice did pretty good, a few cracks and a few giggles but she did amazingly well ...I am so proud,
her acting was just so much more than I expected ...wow

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 07:32 PM   #16182
Mini Quack

Not sure why or what set it off, but I had heart burn the second act ! so tums are helping, followed by a cup of Ovaltine...then I am off to bed

I need to be up early and functioning too wish me luck

good night all

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-06-2012, 04:30 AM   #16183
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

Soni, I'm so glad to hear that the performance went so well even with a few glitches.

I've got a dr. appt. this morning for my low back pain. Decided to go to work late instead of going in for an hour and having to leave. I was able to get another hour sleep this morning.

I had another little visitor this morning who I think will become permanent. I think that he/she is Wanda's baby since it was here with her. It's all white and about 3-6 months old. Hard to tell. But it's got a little black fuzz on top of it's head, not quite a spot. And it's not friendly. It was scared of me and wouldn't come to get something to eat until after I went in the house. After the 1st of the year, I'm going to have to see if I can trap both of them and get them fixed.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-06-2012, 04:41 AM   #16184
Mini Quack

Early Quacks... I woke up a tad bit later than I wanted, but I am up , dressed. teeth brushed , hair brushed and enjoying my tea with a few minutes to spare... Whew no lazy morning here today

Sandy and I are headed to Peoria I think, unless she wants to go to Galesburg...

I will check in later after I get home , hope I find some good deals ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-06-2012, 05:11 AM   #16185
First To Quack

morning!

Soni, I am so happy Ali was able to perform last night! Are there other shows this week? I know just how proud you all are

Maggie, that's interestin that Wanda as a little one wit her now...did it not come with her before? I would say name him Casper but if he's no friendly...that won't work

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-06-2012, 05:13 AM   #16186
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Actually, Dell replaced my computer. I still have a few things that need ... 'adjustment' on here, but in general, I'm good to go. Got the replacement the day before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping this one is much more stable.
I see, so you're just extra busy then? Bud is getting a new computer built as well. It should be here next week. That will keep him busy transfering allof his files & whatnot.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-06-2012, 05:18 AM   #16187
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
That sounds like a wonderful experience. I hope things went really well today. I would be GLAD to be there taking pictures for him.
The experience was amazing, Shell. And I'm sure he'd much rather have your pictures than mine LOL Still learning here. I'll share more in a bit.

Thank you so much for our 'chat' last night. I've missed you
Old 12-06-2012, 05:22 AM   #16188
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Late night Quacks. I'm ready to hit the sack. I got home in time to grab a quick bite to eat, compose an Agenda for my R.S. presidency meeting tonight and print off another document we needed and then get out of the house to be up at church by 7. Our meeting went to 8:45. Got some images printed off and now wanting to go off to bed.

Tomorrow night we have our R.S. Christmas party/dinner so another long day. Friday night is Morgan's Madrigal dinner/performance.
Saturday is the funeral service for my GF's DH.
Sunday is my SIL's choir performance and dinner at DD's.

I get tired just looking at that. I still need to get some projects done by the end of the weekend.
Wow!
As if the holiday season isn't busy enough. Hang in there, Maggie. Just remember to eat well and drink plenty. Maybe 5 min to relax with a cup of your favorite beverage.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:23 AM   #16189
Mini Quack

Quote:
morning!

Soni, I am so happy Ali was able to perform last night! Are there other shows this week? I know just how proud you all are

Maggie, that's interestin that Wanda as a little one wit her now...did it not come with her before? I would say name him Casper but if he's no friendly...that won't work
Dody, there was only one performance, this director has been doing shows like this as the Christmas musical performance, the kids prefer it , hard work and all ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-06-2012, 05:26 AM   #16190
Mini Quack

Well Cody is home today, sore throat and cough... no surprise, he lives on breathing treatments in the winter ... Krista is getting him in to the doctor today tho... He had been out in night air with basket ball practice, and choir / chorus practice too ... * sigh

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-06-2012, 05:27 AM   #16191
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
All I can say is "OH MY GOODNESS" THE ENTIRE CAST WAS PHENOMENAL and I am amazed at the acting these lids did as well as the singing... My ali included She can pin point every thing she did wrong, but after being as sick as she was I was mesmerized... Donovan was sick, the girl that played Ali;s sister was sick among several others ... but these kids just kept pouring out everything they had

Ali played Nancy in Oliver Twist, not a part I would have chosen for her but she did it well
I hope I got some good shots, and maybe we got some footage too
I'm so happy to hear everything went well. And to have soooo many of them sick. A true example of 'The Show Must Go On!"
Old 12-06-2012, 05:32 AM   #16192
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Early Quacks... I woke up a tad bit later than I wanted, but I am up , dressed. teeth brushed , hair brushed and enjoying my tea with a few minutes to spare... Whew no lazy morning here today

Sandy and I are headed to Peoria I think, unless she wants to go to Galesburg...

I will check in later after I get home , hope I find some good deals ...
Hope you and Sandy have a fun day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-06-2012, 05:33 AM   #16193
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well Cody is home today, sore throat and cough... no surprise, he lives on breathing treatments in the winter ... Krista is getting him in to the doctor today tho... He had been out in night air with basket ball practice, and choir / chorus practice too ... * sigh
Oh man! Poor guy. Shame it's going to have to be something he lives with.
Enjoy your day with Sandy. You two always have so much fun together.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:34 AM   #16194
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
morning!

Well, and I just looked outside and guess what! There's 2! I wonder if these were the 2 little ones that got in my backyard a couple of weeks ago, but if so, they sure have grown a lot and the other 2 seemed to be small and fuzzy and these 2 are short haired. No, they've never come with her and I didn't realize that she had had her kitties. Her figure sure hasn't changed that much.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #16195
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I see, so you're just extra busy then? Bud is getting a new computer built as well. It should be here next week. That will keep him busy transfering allof his files & whatnot.
Hope that works out for him.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #16196
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Wow!
As if the holiday season isn't busy enough. Hang in there, Maggie. Just remember to eat well and drink plenty. Maybe 5 min to relax with a cup of your favorite beverage.
I did. I found some Chocolate Soymilk with Peppermint at HEB grocery store a few weeks ago. It's so yummy with some Reddi-Whip on top. When I was there last Saturday, there were only 4 on the shelf. I bought all 4 of them. I'm thinking that it's probably seasonal, so I wanted to have it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-06-2012, 05:38 AM   #16197
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry for Cody. I hope the doc can fix him right up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-06-2012, 05:39 AM   #16198
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm caught up in time for Bob to be up. I'm going to try and get the bathroom decor up today plus clean the kitchen and living room in prep for decorations. I can work on my article tonight after Bob has left for lodge meeting.

Next year I'll have to be WAY AHEAD of the game. If we are able to have the Polish Sinfonia again next year I have offered to host the rehearsal dinner here. Steven and Katie (the sponsor) thought it was a wonderful idea. I can't afford to contribute to the expenses but cook I can do.
Old 12-06-2012, 05:43 AM   #16199
Stazon Splitcoast

The concert yesterday was beautiful. As soon as I get pictures resized, I'll share a couple. I took several pictures during the warm-up and the performance. Then I did some group shots after. From there, we went over to Memories Sweet Shoppe for lunch. Steven invited me to join them and we talked all through lunch - about 2 hours. I also made friends with one of the violinists, Maria. She is from Poland but lives in Paris. She was one that spoke relatively clear English. We traded email addresses and I'm going to see them all again on Tuesday, weather permitting.

I think I've reached friend status with Steven. As he was leaving, he pulled me into a hug and said he hoped I can make the April concert in Arkansas. He'll be conducting the NW Arkansas Symphony. Bob is home so I'll be able to take a couple days and go down there.
Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 AM   #16200
Total Quack

Quote:

Definitely busy. My December calendar looks like an ink pen exploded all over it. Way too busy for my liking. A lot of projects, too. I put one of my new projects on my blog the other day. Lots to sew and get done. I'm keeping up on here, though.

Yes, that takes forever. Honestly, I would really like to throw this computer out the door and start over. It's been one issue after another, and it's quite frustrating. I *am* glad they sent a replacement, but the system isn't the same. Seems more stable, though.