Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6782Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #16121
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Good Morning... Daisy and I snuggled in this morning... It felt good to sleep in... I woke at 3:00 and was afraid I would not fall back asleep... but I was lucky

I think it is an at home day, guess I will see what I can get done with other Christmas decor, I need to go mail some cards, I think I need to go get more cards and stamps before I can finish that task...

Ali has an all evening practice so we will not celebrate her birthday K& K gave her her present this morning... ~ they had not been able to get her NOOK for graduation due to $$ so they did that with an upgrade of some sort I am sure she loves it ! Her and I have a shopping date whenever we can fit it in she wants boots...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:17 AM   #16122
First To Quack

whew, I just got back from a walk around the neighborhood. My neighbor called & asked if I wanted to go for a walk & I said sure...not realizing how warm it is out there. I sure would not have worn a black shirt! Good excerise & I sure need it.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-04-2012, 07:19 AM   #16123
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Good Morning... Daisy and I snuggled in this morning... It felt good to sleep in... I woke at 3:00 and was afraid I would not fall back asleep... but I was lucky

I think it is an at home day, guess I will see what I can get done with other Christmas decor, I need to go mail some cards, I think I need to go get more cards and stamps before I can finish that task...

Ali has an all evening practice so we will not celebrate her birthday K& K gave her her present this morning... ~ they had not been able to get her NOOK for graduation due to $$ so they did that with an upgrade of some sort I am sure she loves it ! Her and I have a shopping date whenever we can fit it in she wants boots...
Happy Birthday Ali!

Today would be a good stay-at home day.... if I were home LOL
Old 12-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #16124
Stazon Splitcoast

But it was good exercise, Dody and you're getting to know your neighbors. Maybe the 'sweating' wasn't a bad thing hehe
Old 12-04-2012, 07:22 AM   #16125
Stazon Splitcoast

We are packing up to leave the hotel. I've typed up my interview questions for this evening. It sounds as if I'm having dinner with the conducter, his girl friend and the couple who are sponsoring the event. I'm looking forward to the casual chat as much as the formal interview.

Here is the guy I'll be talking with: www.stevenbyess.com I can't help thinking Shell would really love to bring Jonah and Jaydin to the concert tomorrow. To have such an awesome experience come to our town of 600 and be FREE is just amazing. Unfortunately, they couldn't get grant funding for it so it's being privately funded and I thank Katie Bowden and her family for their involvement.

Okay, Bob's putting on shoes so time to pack up.
Will check in tomorrow morning!
Old 12-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #16126
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
We were Christmas shopping in 75 degree weather today. In DECEMBER lol
Yes, the weather sure is wonky. We had 80 deg the last 2 days. today it will probably get to the upper 70's at least.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #16127
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hope you have an enjoyable day.

I'm glad that at least Ali got her gifts from her family this morning. How's her voice doing? Will she be able to perform tomorrow night? I'm sure she will love the Nook.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-04-2012, 08:35 AM   #16128
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
whew, I just got back from a walk around the neighborhood. My neighbor called & asked if I wanted to go for a walk & I said sure...not realizing how warm it is out there. I sure would not have worn a black shirt! Good excerise & I sure need it.
That's nice that you already have a walking buddy. Are you going to try to walk on a daily basis? I need to walk over to the Mall and see if I can get something for my oldest DGD that was not available online last night.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-04-2012, 08:40 AM   #16129
Quacker Stamper

I had a late night. First I had to get my card finished for PSC and then I had to get my blog post done for Pinspirational Challenge. Ooops. I really flaked on that one. Good thing that the Challenge owner is so forgiving.

After that I kind of got my second wind and wound up staying up until 2 AM doing online Christmas shopping. My DD in CA and SIL were also up, so I was sending e-mails back and forth about different items to purchase. How do you think I'll do on 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

Tonight I have to do the blog update for PSC. If I didn't link to so many challenges it wouldn't take so long, but I always have to try. I did win another one the other day and am getting 4 digi images from Sassy Studios. Funny thing is I just bought about a dozen from her the other day because she was retiring them. Now I get to pick out some more.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-04-2012, 08:41 AM   #16130
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We are packing up to leave the hotel. I've typed up my interview questions for this evening. It sounds as if I'm having dinner with the conducter, his girl friend and the couple who are sponsoring the event. I'm looking forward to the casual chat as much as the formal interview.

Here is the guy I'll be talking with: www.stevenbyess.com I can't help thinking Shell would really love to bring Jonah and Jaydin to the concert tomorrow. To have such an awesome experience come to our town of 600 and be FREE is just amazing. Unfortunately, they couldn't get grant funding for it so it's being privately funded and I thank Katie Bowden and her family for their involvement.

Hope the interview goes well. Shell has been MIA for awhile now. Guess busy with the kids and holidays.

Have a safe journey home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #16131
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh, goodness!!! How amazing. YES. That's something we would all enjoy immensely. That's going to be something very special for you and your town.

Enjoy your dinner, chat, and interview tonight!! I'm very envious.

And ... the guy isn't too bad to look at ... either. Hahaha

Photography Site

Old 12-04-2012, 08:55 AM   #16132
Total Quack

Happy birthday to Ali!!

Photography Site

Old 12-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #16133
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hope you have an enjoyable day.

I'm glad that at least Ali got her gifts from her family this morning. How's her voice doing? Will she be able to perform tomorrow night? I'm sure she will love the Nook.
Krista asked her this morning if she could sing...Ali was like " I don't know I have not tried" So Krista told her to try So Ali sang
" Happy Birthday To Me Happy Birthday To Me I have my voice back Happy Birthday To Me "

I hear she will be here after school so she can play with her Nook

Thanks for asking

as of last night she still looked pale and was tired, but she said she felt better...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 09:28 AM   #16134
Mini Quack

Quote:
I had a late night. First I had to get my card finished for PSC and then I had to get my blog post done for Pinspirational Challenge. Ooops. I really flaked on that one. Good thing that the Challenge owner is so forgiving.

After that I kind of got my second wind and wound up staying up until 2 AM doing online Christmas shopping. My DD in CA and SIL were also up, so I was sending e-mails back and forth about different items to purchase. How do you think I'll do on 3 1/2 hours of sleep.

Tonight I have to do the blog update for PSC. If I didn't link to so many challenges it wouldn't take so long, but I always have to try. I did win another one the other day and am getting 4 digi images from Sassy Studios. Funny thing is I just bought about a dozen from her the other day because she was retiring them. Now I get to pick out some more.
awesome awesome

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 09:29 AM   #16135
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Happy birthday to Ali!!
Thanks, I will pass it on

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 AM   #16136
Mini Quack

Krista is here, listing more items to sell ~ I need to go take pictures of a few more things too that I found to post on the garage sale sites

I have a lot of the out door stuff placed, some I need Keith to help Krista and I did get my wooden Nativity set op on the front porch there is a porch lite above it , I think it will look great there...~My concern was the extreme wind we have here , so I hope it it protected some what there

I have a little more in door decor in place, I am having trouble deciding where some things should go

I have decided that most of what I am not putting out is going to a big box, the girls can pick first then Mama Sue and daughter Sandy... Anything left I will donate to a church or a mission or some where I have things that I have not put out in many years, that have no real meaning ... I still have beautiful things Wally bought me, those I will save for the girls...

I am low energy today, but after my emotional day yesterday, I am not surprised...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #16137
Mini Quack

Kel...I am happy that you are finally getting to do what you want, your passion to write has been there for so long...Each time I read some thing that you are doing or getting to plan makes me smile...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #16138
First To Quack

Quote:
That's nice that you already have a walking buddy. Are you going to try to walk on a daily basis? I need to walk over to the Mall and see if I can get something for my oldest DGD that was not available online last night.
I think we'll try for every other day at first. It was very nice, a good way to really get to know someone. My legs were sore! I'm okay now but we waqlked pretty far. Y'all would be so proud of me, I went to help decorate the clubhouse today and we are going to a neighborhood potluck on saturday. It will be no time at all before I feel like I 'belong'.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-04-2012, 12:36 PM   #16139
First To Quack

Quote:

oh my!!! I do not do all that well with that little sleep! I hope you're hanging in there!!!! I really have to get more serious about Christmas shopping.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-04-2012, 12:38 PM   #16140
First To Quack

Quote:
Krista asked her this morning if she could sing...Ali was like " I don't know I have not tried" So Krista told her to try So Ali sang
" Happy Birthday To Me Happy Birthday To Me I have my voice back Happy Birthday To Me "

Thanks for asking

as of last night she still looked pale and was tired, but she said she felt better...
oh yay!!!! I hope they will hook her up to a mike so she doesn't have to force her poor little voice. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow night.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-04-2012, 01:16 PM   #16141
Mini Quack

Quote:
I think we'll try for every other day at first. It was very nice, a good way to really get to know someone. My legs were sore! I'm okay now but we waqlked pretty far. Y'all would be so proud of me, I went to help decorate the clubhouse today and we are going to a neighborhood potluck on saturday. It will be no time at all before I feel like I 'belong'.
that is all wonderful Dody, enjoy and get to know your neighbors ..

yes every other day or so will be good to start... do not over do

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 01:18 PM   #16142
Mini Quack

Quote:
oh yay!!!! I hope they will hook her up to a mike so she doesn't have to force her poor little voice. Please let us know how it goes tomorrow night.
Oh yes I will I will try to take pics but usually it is so dark I have trouble doing so... I will get some afterwards , Donovan and many of her friends are in this together ... She is still a bit nasal-ly... so I hope she does not over do at practice...tho I doubt her music director will let her

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 05:53 PM   #16143
Mini Quack

well the tree is not quite full of lights, the 2 new sets I bought were not enough, but while getting out new green lites for an outside tree tonight, I found brand new lights that are the same as what I bought, by then it was getting late and Keith needed to leave... He hung a few things, and ran lites on that out side tree too now if we can get it sat out side before the bad weather comes , that will be great

Krista is coming over in the morning to help finish the lites and my beaded garland...then finally I can decorate it... I will save some for Dustin to help with after school I still need to add a few things , I just got tired of going up and down the stairs today so I quit... but what I have out looks nice ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-04-2012, 05:58 PM   #16144
Mini Quack

The girls are getting a break this week! a new lady is coming from 6:00 am til 4:00 pm 3 or 4 days this week,plus the regular scheduled people from 4:00 - 9:00 pm
and one of the CNA's from the agency is staying two nights over night, on her own time not thru the agency...
and they decided to start hiring over night nurses full time soon , they both agree that it is time
when his finances run low , he will go to a nursing home ... Supposedly, Hospice is working on checking out different homes... we shall see ...
Tammy wants to go on her own and look and meet the staff at a few ... Sad to say, grandpa has not been with it , and has been ugly and nasty... My prayers are still for GOD to be in control...not man

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 12-04-2012 at 06:06 PM..
Old 12-04-2012, 06:10 PM   #16145
Mini Quack

ok I am wiped out I am off to my chair with a book ~ still working on #100
As soon as I brush my teeth , clean my face and find my jammies

Ali was so happy with her gift from her mom and dad... I hope rehersal went well, the teacher told her no singing until tomorrow

Today was productive, and I am feeling better, I hope yesterday is the worst of my days ... I sure do not like feeling that way

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-05-2012, 04:05 AM   #16146
First To Quack

Quote:
The girls are getting a break this week! a new lady is coming from 6:00 am til 4:00 pm 3 or 4 days this week,plus the regular scheduled people from 4:00 - 9:00 pm
and one of the CNA's from the agency is staying two nights over night, on her own time not thru the agency...
and they decided to start hiring over night nurses full time soon , they both agree that it is time
when his finances run low , he will go to a nursing home ... Supposedly, Hospice is working on checking out different homes... we shall see ...
Tammy wants to go on her own and look and meet the staff at a few ... Sad to say, grandpa has not been with it , and has been ugly and nasty... My prayers are still for GOD to be in control...not man
I'm glad the girls are getting a break! It's so sad for everyone but they have been troopers.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-05-2012, 04:09 AM   #16147
First To Quack

good morning! another beautiful day here, just a slight chill inthe air this morning Bud said we might go to Lowes this morning, that would be cool!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #16148
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hope the interview goes well. Shell has been MIA for awhile now. Guess busy with the kids and holidays.

Have a safe journey home.
I think she's still trying to get her computer issues fixed so she's been using her phone.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 AM   #16149
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Oh, goodness!!! How amazing. YES. That's something we would all enjoy immensely. That's going to be something very special for you and your town.

Enjoy your dinner, chat, and interview tonight!! I'm very envious.

And ... the guy isn't too bad to look at ... either. Hahaha
He actually grew up in a small town about 1.5 hours south of Atlanta. His girlfriend didn't come with him this year. She is a professor at U of S. Cal I believe it is. She is also a conductor. We talked prior to rehearsal and then again afterwards during dinner. We sat talking after Katie and her husband left, closing the restaurant. He is so very passionate about everything and I sense a genius quality. We talked about everything imaginable over the total course of about 4 hours. He asked me to take lots of pictures today. So I need to beautify myself as much as possible and leave in about 30 min.

When I first saw Steven last year, he wore wire-framed glasses and looked like Richard Gere from a distance. And his girlfriend, Sara is a red head. She is super sweet.
Old 12-05-2012, 05:59 AM   #16150
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Thanks for asking

So glad to hear that she's feeling better. Hope that the practice went okay and she'll be on top of her game tonight.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #16151
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
awesome awesome
Did my PSC blog update last night. Had to call a bunch of church ladies to remind them of our Christmas program on Thursday night. That took 1/2 hour only because I didn't really chat with any of them. Did a bit more shopping and was in bed by 10;15. Slept through til the alarm went off at 5:30.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 AM   #16152
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Kel...I am happy that you are finally getting to do what you want, your passion to write has been there for so long...Each time I read some thing that you are doing or getting to plan makes me smile...
Awww... thank you, Soni. Yes. Steven and I talked about the feeling of doing something you are passionate about. I love this. With my first big assignment due next week, I am feeling a few nerves but they'll pass.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:02 AM   #16153
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Krista is here, listing more items to sell ~ I need to go take pictures of a few more things too that I found to post on the garage sale sites

I have a lot of the out door stuff placed, some I need Keith to help Krista and I did get my wooden Nativity set op on the front porch there is a porch lite above it , I think it will look great there...~My concern was the extreme wind we have here , so I hope it it protected some what there

I have a little more in door decor in place, I am having trouble deciding where some things should go

I have decided that most of what I am not putting out is going to a big box, the girls can pick first then Mama Sue and daughter Sandy... Anything left I will donate to a church or a mission or some where I have things that I have not put out in many years, that have no real meaning ... I still have beautiful things Wally bought me, those I will save for the girls...

I am low energy today, but after my emotional day yesterday, I am not surprised...
Glad you are making progress on the decorating.

I plan to give my girls some of my decorations that they want also, but not until I'm done with them. Hope you're feeling better today.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 06:03 AM   #16154
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh yes I will I will try to take pics but usually it is so dark I have trouble doing so... I will get some afterwards , Donovan and many of her friends are in this together ... She is still a bit nasal-ly... so I hope she does not over do at practice...tho I doubt her music director will let her
Soni, I don't know anything about your camera but here's something to look for. On your settings where you set it to AUTO see if you have an N use this setting in coordination with your flash. It will make use of any available light and your night pictures will appear as if they were taken in the daylight. I just found mine last spring and use it a lot in low-light settings.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:04 AM   #16155
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
You're doing really well. You haven't been there all that long. It's nice that you have friendly neighbors.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #16156
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
oh my!!! I do not do all that well with that little sleep! I hope you're hanging in there!!!! I really have to get more serious about Christmas shopping.
I can only do that for a day or two at the most. After that I crash. I was able to get to bed earlier last night after doing a bit more shopping and then this morning my DD in CA finally sent me a link to my DGD's Amazon list, so I was able to check out that list also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 06:06 AM   #16157
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay. I'll try to catch up tomorrow. Not seeing it today. Sending lots of positive energy Ali's way. She'll be great, I know.

Maggie, hope you can get some rest this evening.
Dody! yeah you on jumping in there. How's Bud doing? Oh, got your lovely Christmas card. First of the season. Thank you!

Soni, you're ahead of me on the decorating. I hope to turn into Tazmanian Devil on Sunday and get a ton done. We are celebrating Christmas on the 15th and I still don't have the tree up. Yikes!

Gotta run! Love ya!
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #16158
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Do you have a night time setting on your camera? My camera does and the photos are always fabulous as long as you can be close enough to get a good one.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 06:08 AM   #16159
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
well the tree is not quite full of lights, the 2 new sets I bought were not enough, but while getting out new green lites for an outside tree tonight, I found brand new lights that are the same as what I bought, by then it was getting late and Keith needed to leave... He hung a few things, and ran lites on that out side tree too now if we can get it sat out side before the bad weather comes , that will be great

Krista is coming over in the morning to help finish the lites and my beaded garland...then finally I can decorate it... I will save some for Dustin to help with after school I still need to add a few things , I just got tired of going up and down the stairs today so I quit... but what I have out looks nice ...
Hope that you can get those lights on there today and get to decorating. Then you can relax a little bit with that chore done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-05-2012, 06:10 AM   #16160
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm so glad to hear that the girls are getting a break and it's so great that some are really willing to help on their own. I really can't say I blame him too much. Some nursing homes are not the most pleasant places to be. I hope they can find one that is nice and has a cheerful atmosphere.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts