Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6826Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 05:53 AM   #16081
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay... time to start our day. The hot tub is first on my list. Then we're going to breakfast. Afterwards we'll come back here so I can upload 10 more pics. then start our shopping day.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:29 AM   #16082
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
The neat thing about the Christmas Notebook is you put in where things need to be done so you can plan ahead. Know which things you can take care of ahead of time and at your pace... the things you have control over.
So when the other things get tossed into the mix, it doesn't drive you as crazy.

I can show you mine in April.
well sounds good but with not having school schedules and then daily life changing daily here not sure it would really help... thanks tho I can write them in, but getting it done in that time frame is something different I haad all of this on a calendar...but most are still there not checked off...

I am not crazy just do not like asking for more help, it seems I need to do that so much...it was a life struggle with Wally, I finally told him he had lived with me for 40 years, he knew "what" I needed help with if I had to ask, it was not worth it I know it sounds selfish, but when dealing with his type of personality, it is where I ended up
and I am still dealing with his type of personality in others,

maybe it is just me... I just do not want my girls "having" to do for me, watching them "have to do " for their grandpa is a big lesson... and is very hard on them emotionally...

I had hoped to be in a better place in my emotions this year ~

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 12-03-2012, 06:35 AM   #16083
Mini Quack

okay I need to get ready to go to town...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 06:40 AM   #16084
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Soni....hang in there! Sorry to hear that certain things aren't done yet. Well, sometimes you have to take a step back and decide to do new traditions. That's what my dad did the last Christmas that we were together. Gosh...we changed everything!!! But, he seemed so much happier to be less stressed. He always put up the big tree in the living room. But, we spent all our time in the den. So....his answer was to put up the little tree in the den so we could see it. Good point! Then we always had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. Which was always a pain to get it all done so that we could go and look at lights etc. His idea was....let's have our big dinner on Christmas Day. We are staying home anyway...good time to do it! We had done it the other way so long because that's what mom did. I'm glad he felt like changing things. As he said..."be flexible and change things up!" Good words to live by in my book! I try to do that myself....now and again. It is rather liberating at times!!

So, it will fall into place whatever you decide to do. Just hang in there!
Old 12-03-2012, 06:42 AM   #16085
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie....are you coming up here for the class in Feb?
Old 12-03-2012, 06:43 AM   #16086
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Well, I'm working on my Christmas cards. I feel a step ahead...rather than behind! I guess it's that extra week we had in November after Thanksgiving! Who knows! Anyway...it's only the 3rd...and I have most of my cards addressed! Whoo-hoo!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #16087
Mini Quack

Thanks Suzy, it is just hard, with m girls lives being so busy and full I will just find a way to get it done with out their help, and hope we can enjoy what time we do have together...I have lived all of my Christmas's for my kids since I have had them, and my grands... But life is moving so I will just adapt the best I can...

I am all for new traditions, last year it was really good, no stress...this year extra issues in our lives to deal with many many issues not just one or two...

I did get 20 cards ready to go out last night... no Quacker ones yet... still not sure if I can get home made ones out to you all, that was my plan for today * sigh

but I am off to dry my hair and make my list for today... git HL coupons with me , so I will be on my way soon ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #16088
Stazon Splitcoast

We're getting ready to pack up and head out. I've gotten the last of the cards for VikkiJo uploaded to the album. There are some really pretty cards there.

I also talked to Kenny Rogers' manager this morning and we've postponed my interview. It was going to have to be a phone interview so I suggested if he would get me some information I needed, then I could do the interview in January when things are less hectic. Right now Kenny is on a 23 city tour and they're trying to make everyone happy. I told Jason postponing mine was not a problem.

Yes, I'd love to have done the sit-down but I'm looking at the bigger picture. If Jason knows I'm flexible, then perhaps he will be willing to work with me on other artists he represents.

So I just have the Polish Simphonia on Wed. morning at the grade school and won't have to pay a hotel bill or make 3 trips to Springfield this week. LOL

Everything happens for a reason.
Hope you ladies have a great day!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #16089
First To Quack

Quote:
Dody... I see a lot of them using doors. I chose a sheet of 3/4 laminate covered board. The only place we've been able to find it is at Lowes. It comes in a 4x8 sheet. I use one for my stamping table. A little undo cleans up glue/ ink residues and then I wipe it down with windex to clean. I love it.
You can also by the laminate trim by the roll to seal the cut edges of the wood. It's not expensive at all.
Girl, you really got me thinking with this! I actually stopped reading our posts this morning & went upstairs to 'think things out'. That got me to rearranging & figuring.... By Jove! for the first time I think things are going to work out WITHOUT spending big bucks. I need a board 36" by 6 or 8 feet (either would work but I need it narrower than 4 foot) I like the idea of laminate, is it white? and we have a Lowes close by as long as they can cut it for me, we're good to go. Now I just need to wait until the mister is willing cause it sure won't fit in my car! *Happy dance*

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-03-2012, 07:37 AM   #16090
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
After K & K and Dustin left, I warmed up some supper, and sat and watched a movie on Hallmark It was A CHRISTMAS HEART and it was good...I took a nice hot bath, and I am off to address a few cards

I need to make a list for tomorrow, I am running a few errands instead of staying home...I need new lights, and a few small things, I am not in the mood to do Christmas shopping, so I will just pick up a few things I need...I think the element is going out in the oven, so I want to try to see about getting one of those...if not there will not be any baking here...

If it is nice out I would like to try to place a few things outside when I get home...

I hate that time is slipping by, and I do not have things done ~ I do not like not having things done by now , it causes me to feel pressured and I get so tired
I just do not do stress and push very well these days... I want to enjoy the days leading up to Christmas...

Ali's birthday is Tuesday, and I have not been able to take her shopping yet...things just are not going well
Relax!!!! It's still very early and ya know what? You do not have to do everything! No baking? oh well! less calories! Seriously, try to lessen your load as much as you are willing. We create too much preesure on ourselves and I have come to realize we are the only ones who really care about if it gets done.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-03-2012, 07:47 AM   #16091
First To Quack

Quote:
well sounds good but with not having school schedules and then daily life changing daily here not sure it would really help... thanks tho I can write them in, but getting it done in that time frame is something different I haad all of this on a calendar...but most are still there not checked off...

I am not crazy just do not like asking for more help, it seems I need to do that so much...it was a life struggle with Wally, I finally told him he had lived with me for 40 years, he knew "what" I needed help with if I had to ask, it was not worth it I know it sounds selfish, but when dealing with his type of personality, it is where I ended up
and I am still dealing with his type of personality in others,

maybe it is just me... I just do not want my girls "having" to do for me, watching them "have to do " for their grandpa is a big lesson... and is very hard on them emotionally...

I had hoped to be in a better place in my emotions this year ~
oh I understand this completely! It is so hard trying to do things that our bodies just can not handle any more and with your hand/arm...well, of course you can't do it alone! If you possibly can try to find a smaller tree, one with the lights already on. I agree about wanting to enjoy the tree as long as possible, that is the only reason I was willing to give up a live tree. I am FINE with our tree being 2 feet smaller & would actually be okay with it being even smaller. The monster tree had just become too much work. Whatever the kids don't want of the decorations I am not using will go to Goodwill or maybe garage sale.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-03-2012, 07:50 AM   #16092
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Soni....hang in there! Sorry to hear that certain things aren't done yet. Well, sometimes you have to take a step back and decide to do new traditions. That's what my dad did the last Christmas that we were together. Gosh...we changed everything!!! But, he seemed so much happier to be less stressed. He always put up the big tree in the living room. But, we spent all our time in the den. So....his answer was to put up the little tree in the den so we could see it. Good point! Then we always had our Christmas dinner on Christmas Eve. Which was always a pain to get it all done so that we could go and look at lights etc. His idea was....let's have our big dinner on Christmas Day. We are staying home anyway...good time to do it! We had done it the other way so long because that's what mom did. I'm glad he felt like changing things. As he said..."be flexible and change things up!" Good words to live by in my book! I try to do that myself....now and again. It is rather liberating at times!!

So, it will fall into place whatever you decide to do. Just hang in there!
Good advice, I find I am not the one doing holiday meals now either. I need to step back let let the grandkids have the memories in their own homes..that was hard but needed! This Christmas will be TOTALLY different for us, I am trying to wrap my head around all of the changes. I-am-trying!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-03-2012, 07:55 AM   #16093
First To Quack

Quote:
Thanks Suzy, it is just hard, with m girls lives being so busy and full I will just find a way to get it done with out their help, and hope we can enjoy what time we do have together...I have lived all of my Christmas's for my kids since I have had them, and my grands... But life is moving so I will just adapt the best I can...

I am all for new traditions, last year it was really good, no stress...this year extra issues in our lives to deal with many many issues not just one or two...

I did get 20 cards ready to go out last night... no Quacker ones yet... still not sure if I can get home made ones out to you all, that was my plan for today * sigh

but I am off to dry my hair and make my list for today... git HL coupons with me , so I will be on my way soon ...
yep, I know how that feels!!! I can not believe that Bud & I did all of the packing & moving without any of our kids help cause because they were too busy. Well, I hontestly think Stephanie just couldn't bring herself to help make it true but it was an awful lot of hard backbreaking work. I am grateful it is over!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-03-2012, 08:21 AM   #16094
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Girl, you really got me thinking with this! I actually stopped reading our posts this morning & went upstairs to 'think things out'. That got me to rearranging & figuring.... By Jove! for the first time I think things are going to work out WITHOUT spending big bucks. I need a board 36" by 6 or 8 feet (either would work but I need it narrower than 4 foot) I like the idea of laminate, is it white? and we have a Lowes close by as long as they can cut it for me, we're good to go. Now I just need to wait until the mister is willing cause it sure won't fit in my car! *Happy dance*

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 08:25 AM   #16095
Mini Quack

Quote:
Good advice, I find I am not the one doing holiday meals now either. I need to step back let let the grandkids have the memories in their own homes..that was hard but needed! This Christmas will be TOTALLY different for us, I am trying to wrap my head around all of the changes. I-am-trying!
I hope to find some peace, I thought I was trying but I seem to be in a bad place... I do miss so much of what used to be... I just am having difficulty finding a happy place in my life...one with out daughters and grands is hard to find ... I miss making them happy

I know living my life through my heart always gets me into trouble... n but it is the only way I know how to live...

thanks Dody, I will try harder : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #16096
Mini Quack

Quote:
yep, I know how that feels!!! I can not believe that Bud & I did all of the packing & moving without any of our kids help cause because they were too busy. Well, I hontestly think Stephanie just couldn't bring herself to help make it true but it was an awful lot of hard backbreaking work. I am grateful it is over!
I wonder if God is trying to tell me something...
or if the devil just had a good grip ???

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 10:12 AM   #16097
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Nope. I'll be spending Christmas on the internet with my friend from Canada. Bob will be working. Weather gets too chancy by then to attempt a trip to Nashville. I really wouldn't want to share Christmas with them without Bob. He's off for Christmas next year so we're hoping to work something out. Abby will be a little older and grasp more of things like the tree (I see my bear tree in our future again LOL)
I hear you on the weather - would not like to be on the road with bad weather and to leave the pups at home in bad weather wouldn't be good.

It is nice when the little ones finally "get" Christmas. Their little faces just light up with the wonder of it all.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 12-03-2012, 10:13 AM   #16098
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
MOrning ladies~

yes, Maggie, I saw that. I am wanting to go on a reatreat though in February, so will not have the $$ for the copic class.

DH will need additional hunting licenses this year for coyote and pig, so I get 2 retreats!

The trade off will be worth it LOL

This coming weekend is grandkids weekend. I can't wait. The weather will be cooler, but I really wish it was going to be warm like this past one was. We will go to the park and maybe Bass Pro to visit Santa.
Hope you get to go on your retreat!

Fun to have the grands come over. I miss those days.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #16099
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kel. most of my issues are due to having to wait for others, I have asked for over a week to have the tree up, with Donnie here and schedules well it just did not happen and this was hunting season...

Having Donnie there to help get it up would have been perfect

Tammy wanted to do it, but this tree is big and heavy...Krista would have helped too, but with them being so busy I just did not want too ask them, plus Wally said it was way to heavy for obe person so I did not want them to get hurt
after watching Keith, I will try it alone or with other help or just not have this big one up ...
I do not like having to rely on others

I can relate to that because I've always been like that - I can do it myself - but I've learned over the years that somethings I can't do for myself or if I tried, it might have dire consequences. Besides it deprives others of receiving the blessings for giving service to you.

Ali's schedule is so full, and then getting sick did not help
Codys schedule with basketball and chorus is not much better

I have always had my tree up the day after Thanksgiving, because if I did nor, there was no time with birthdays and things

I've always put mine up the day after Thanksgiving, but with Black Friday events, it didn't happen and now there just isn't the time to do it. This Saturday is the funeral and reception for my GF's DH and I'll be going to that so will take a lot of time out of my Saturday.

I just do not believe in putting a tree up for just a week or two...it is far too much work, you know, you have seen my house at Christmas... Just me and my ways ~

It is not just me, Krista has had her tree up for several days now, but cannot get everyone there long enough to decorate it...

I have wanted to get a different tree, one I can manage with out help. but I have not found one I like that I can afford...

Maybe look at the sales after Christmas. Sometimes you can get a good deal. I want to get a pre-lit one so I don't have to deal with lights every year.

Just all part of how things are in my life today...
some things are not easy to change, some are not easy to accept
I really want to enjoy this time of year, not be sad or stressed
And so you should. It shouldn't be a time of stress. Do as much as you can and don't worry about the rest of it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 10:22 AM   #16100
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Maggie....are you coming up here for the class in Feb?
No, not this time. I've already taken the Intermediate class twice. I'm waiting until they announce the new 2013 class and I hope the have it either in Dallas or San Antonio. Houston would be good too, but they always seem to have a huge crowd in Dallas.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 10:24 AM   #16101
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That's fabulous that you got that all worked out for you - at least on paper! Hopefully Bud will get on that soon so you can start getting things more organized up there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 10:28 AM   #16102
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I hope to find some peace, I thought I was trying but I seem to be in a bad place... I do miss so much of what used to be... I just am having difficulty finding a happy place in my life...one with out daughters and grands is hard to find ... I miss making them happy

I know living my life through my heart always gets me into trouble... n but it is the only way I know how to live...

thanks Dody, I will try harder : )
Just being with their Grandma will make your grands happy. They love you and love being with you. You don't have to find a place without your DD's and Grands. They are always going to be with you. Times and seasons change. We do need to change with it as we age and they grow up with their traditions too. I always think it would be so nice to have a house big enough for all the kids to come home for Christmas, but I know that is never going to happen, so I enjoy going to their homes and being with them and enjoying their beautiful decorations.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #16103
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I wonder if God is trying to tell me something...
or if the devil just had a good grip ???
Probably a little bit of both. but just tell him Get thee behind me Satan!!!!!!!!!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 11:26 AM   #16104
First To Quack

Soni, you are still grieving, just give yourself the time to come to terms. Everyone deals with grief in their own time & way. Stephanie has a good friend who lost her mother this year. She was never able to show saddness at home & now she doesn't know how to. Unfortunately she has turned to booze to dull the pain. She has 2 young boys at home and this is unacceptable, I just pray for her because she is a wonderful women, a good Christain who is always willing to help others but can't accept help herself right now. Things will work out somehow, just remember to breathe.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 12-03-2012, 12:09 PM   #16105
Total Quack

Sonja - the challenge envie came today. Thank you ... looks like fun.

Photography Site

Old 12-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #16106
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
And so you should. It shouldn't be a time of stress. Do as much as you can and don't worry about the rest of it.
I am trying to not let things bother me, but that is a work in progress

As far as Donnie helping, that probably would not happen, I know Sue is the one that does most things...Donnies enlarged heart and his size really limits him, I know watching all Sue does for him was a big eye opening for me...I know she has always done extras, but wow she really dies most things... Bless her heart... It was a lot like remember so many things Wally did for me

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #16107
Mini Quack

Quote:
Probably a little bit of both. but just tell him Get thee behind me Satan!!!!!!!!!
Well I did a lot of talking to GOD today and a good bit of time telling Satan what I thought too !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #16108
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Sonja - the challenge envie came today. Thank you ... looks like fun.
I hope you all enjoy it, it seemed lame to me lol

Wow Florida got there before Georgia ... so weird : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #16109
Mini Quack

I am home, rolled in just before dusk of course I had a really late start

I did get the oven element, and after 4 stops, I got lights, I am not sure they are ok, I hope Keith can come check them out so if not I can take them back... Walgreens, Hobby Lobby, K Mart and Walmart were all our=t of color lights... It was a fluke I found these at K mart...no one knew they were there, I just litteraly bumped into them in a non Christmas related area... back in the cleaning products I was on my way to Target or Lowes or Menards when I found them

I got batteries, ziplock bags and some stocking stuffers and some thing for Ali and Brooke from Santa that is about it ... I was an extra 20 % off at Walgreens today for seniors

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 02:21 PM   #16110
Mini Quack

Cody has a game tonight, but I am staying home, Ali may come sit with me, as she cannot cheer yet ...hoping to see if her voice is alright tomorrow to practice her solo

I am going to go work on Christmas cards, I was going to buy Ali a birthday card, and forget so I may try to make one... Tomorrow she will be 15
I just cannot imagine where those years have gone... from my sweet little red haired ANGEL to my grown UP sweet red haired Angel WOW

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #16111
Mini Quack

Dustin came too : ) so I am off to see of I can have some quality time with both of them...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 03:14 PM   #16112
Quacker Stamper

Soni, Texas Girl got her envelope today! Yippee! Some cute stuff in there. Can't wait to be able to play with it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 03:17 PM   #16113
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Well I did a lot of talking to GOD today and a good bit of time telling Satan what I thought too !
Good. I'm sure he was listening to you too. How could He help it.

Sorry that Donnie couldn't have been more help, but at least he was there sharing Thanksgiving with you. That was more important than having the tree up the day after.

Glad you were able to get your oven element. Hope that the lights work for you.

Enjoy your time with the grands. Maybe they'd like to help decorate the tree with you?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 12-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #16114
Mini Quack

Quote:
Good. I'm sure he was listening to you too. How could He help it.

Sorry that Donnie couldn't have been more help, but at least he was there sharing Thanksgiving with you. That was more important than having the tree up the day after.

Glad you were able to get your oven element. Hope that the lights work for you.

Enjoy your time with the grands. Maybe they'd like to help decorate the tree with you?
YES spending time with Donnie and Sue was far more important, Tammy and the girls were here and they had not seen Faith yet so it was awesome

Keith looked at the old element tonight, it was burnt into... a complete break, no wonder it did not work!~ He is at Cody's game tonight, so I am not sure when he will change it...

As far as the tree, yes these two would love to decorate my tree, but we need to have lights on it...
hmmm I wonder if Ali and I could do it???

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #16115
Mini Quack

Quote:
Soni, Texas Girl got her envelope today! Yippee! Some cute stuff in there. Can't wait to be able to play with it.
I am excited to see what some of you do, I thought keeping it simple might entice you all to add some of your goodies to make it "your own" look
I love to see how all of you think and put things together...
Using different techniques, or ways of applying ink or different punches can really change the looks and concept ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 12-03-2012, 07:04 PM   #16116
Stazon Splitcoast

Question

Quote:
Yes, it white... comes in a 4x8 sheet and they will cut it for you. Just remember to ask them to direct you to a package of the laminate trim stuff. It's ironed on (heat set) I believe and comes in a roll on cardboard backing.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:07 PM   #16117
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I hear you on the weather - would not like to be on the road with bad weather and to leave the pups at home in bad weather wouldn't be good.

It is nice when the little ones finally "get" Christmas. Their little faces just light up with the wonder of it all.
We were Christmas shopping in 75 degree weather today. In DECEMBER lol
Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #16118
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Hey...it was 80* here today! But, I wasn't shopping.....

Tomorrow is suppose to be cooler...only in the low 70's for the high.

Soni....got my envelope today....will go and take a look at it now!
Old 12-03-2012, 07:13 PM   #16119
Stazon Splitcoast

we wore ourselves out today so stayed over in Springfield again. I got all the research I needed for my article. Now if a couple of people would answer their emails I could be on target with the editor. We also found Christmas gifts for the girls. But we're done for the day. I spent time looking at YouTube videos and am now ready to call it a night.
Sweet Dreams
Old 12-03-2012, 07:23 PM   #16120
Mini Quack

wow it is still 64 degrees here... it in the 70's today...

I worked on addressing cards, and watched some tv after the kids left...

Suzy, glad yours arrived ...

time to say good night ~

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery