Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6667Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2012, 04:05 PM   #15801
First To Quack

It sounds like you are having a wonderful visit with your brother & Sue. Have they talked any more about moving back?

Soup is finally done & in the frig. I know I'll be glad later when I can pop some out of the freezer but today it sure was a pain.

Maybe I'll go read now, I have not picked up a book since Sunday, lol.

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-24-2012, 05:04 AM   #15802
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Good Morning, up a little early, Faith had had breakfast already is up and playing

I am reading posts by the silly people that went out and did some shopping , not me , I was content to sit at home all night and then sleep

No plans for today, I will wait and see what Donnie and Sue want to do... I may keep Faith so Tammy can enjoy some time out shopping or what ever
I was one of those "silly" people out shopping early yesterday morning. I got up at 4:30 and left the house about 5:15 to be at Penney's for their 6 a.m. opening. I got some good deals, but the standing in line for an hour was not fun. My right arm is still hurting from holding all that stuff for that long. Got home about 8:30 and ate breakfast and then went to my sis's to meet up and make out annual excusion to Old Town Spring for our family outing. We had 19 of us there. Since we didn't get there until 11:30 we went ahead and had our lunch at Puffabelly's where we always go. After that it was in and out of all the shops. I did manage to buy a couple Christmas gifts. After we left there we went back to my sis's house and ate the leftovers from Thanksgiving. I left there about 7:30. I was wiped out and crashed after I put things away when I got home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #15803
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Happy Day after!!! I hope everyone had a wonderful day yesterday. We all have so much to be thankful for! I love that this group of ladies realize that however low those bumps in life throw us, we still are blessed indeed. It helps me so much that y'all are so uplifting

We had a really good visit with Stephanie & her kiddos. Chris had to work and couldn't come down after all so they cut their visit short & headed home today. It is for the best since Stef & Chris are flying to Las Vegas on Monday night. Chris has a 3 day workshop and was able to have Stef go with...pretty cool, huh? Our Turkey Day was small in numbers but somehow still quite loud, LOL! During the Macy parade we all marched (well...me & the kids ) every time we saw a marching band. It was silly & loud & really lots of fun. We were able to walk to the Children's park each day & let them use up some energy there too, plus we took 2 long walks to the lake & waterfall. Tried to take some pictures but the shaddows were really intense, doubt any are that good. We also got the tree trimmed...in more ways than one. Bud was able to cut off 2 feet from our monster tree, now it is a smallish 8 foot tree. I put all of the non breakable ornaments on, not sure about some of the glass ones since they would break if they fall on the tile floor. Put the swags on the stairs but the painter called & is coming over after lunch so that might get taken back off for today. The painter is painting the stairway since it is 2 story.

Gosh, I am off for a few days & then I write a book!!!!
Sounds like you all made the best of the time that you had together.

Hope the painting goes well and you can finish up with the decorations.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 05:07 AM   #15804
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Last night Stef & I went to WalMart, Target & K Mart but we were home by 11:00 and watched the Charlie Sheen roast then the RoseAnn roast...wow...glad the kids were asleep!!! There was some good acting as they all laughed at each others NOT funny jokes.

Soup is started! I can't wait for some good turkey soup tomorrow...I have been in the moos for soup for a while now.
I don't care for either of those people so never would have watched that, especially if it wasn't good for kids to watch.

We didn't get turkey soup this year, we just ate the leftovers. Now I want to cook some turkey so I can have leftovers.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 05:09 AM   #15805
Quacker Stamper

I crashed early again last night but was rudely awakened at 4 a.m. by this loud WHOMP WHOMP noise. Couldn't imagine. I got up and looked out the front window to see what was going on and didn't see anything except my neighbor's Christmas lights were half out. I walked around my house just to make sure nothing was wrong and went back to my bedroom and looked out again and saw the neighbor walking outside his house. I'm guessing that the Christmas lights exploded, but I've never heard them do that before. Was kinda scary at first.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 06:11 AM   #15806
First To Quack

oh my! That would have scared me as well! It's lucky that the lights did not cause a fire!!!!

Did you get some good deals at Penney's? We ended up with a few things at WalMart, nothing at Target because when we were ready to check out the line was wrapped around the outside walls...forget about it! They weren't that good of deals!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-24-2012, 06:16 AM   #15807
First To Quack

With all of the holiday excitment I forgot to tell you guys that Tyler ( Jen's oldest) joined the National Guard last weekend! How he can possibly be old enough, I have no idea!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-24-2012, 06:23 AM   #15808
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
oh my! That would have scared me as well! It's lucky that the lights did not cause a fire!!!!

Did you get some good deals at Penney's? We ended up with a few things at WalMart, nothing at Target because when we were ready to check out the line was wrapped around the outside walls...forget about it! They weren't that good of deals!
I did get some good deals - I needed some casual business tops for work and got a few sweaters and cardigans and a blouse, plus some other things. It ws good even though I had to wait in line for awhile. There was a lady behind me that only found a pair of jeans and decided not to wait in line just for those.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 06:24 AM   #15809
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
With all of the holiday excitment I forgot to tell you guys that Tyler ( Jen's oldest) joined the National Guard last weekend! How he can possibly be old enough, I have no idea!!!
Wow! Time sure does slip by us doesn't it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 11:35 AM   #15810
First To Quack

The house is decorated. I hope to get rid of a few sterlite tubs of decorations...passing some off on the kids & then garage sale the rest. Yeah~ move it twice this year & then get rid of it. Soup is simmering, hope its good... ya never know with turkey! Not sure if we'll go to the tree lighting since Stef & kiddos are gone but we might. It could be fun.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #15811
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
WOW I agree how can he be old enough ~ I wish him well. a lifetime of learning and safety

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 11-24-2012, 11:48 AM   #15812
Mini Quack

Hi , I have a quiet moment here too ...Tammy and the girls just left, Krista and Sue and Cody took Noah home and went to Joanns .
Dustin is here having a quiet afternoon, after a not good morning at home

I made potato soup for lunch, it is another cold day here ~
I have never made turkey soup, I have made turkey casserole, or turkey and noodles ~
Donnie is enjoying the left overs He went last night and bought all the kids soda, twinkies, cookies , ice cream... oh yes just what they all needed Tammy and Krista went shopping last night for a few hours...

I have been extra tired for a few days, not sure why, I know I was super cranky with the kids yesterday, I felt bad. I am going to rest for an hour, then I need to take Ali up to school , she needs to be there to cheer, they are still hosting the Turkey Tournament she will be there until 10:00

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #15813
Quacker Stamper

I spent a little time in my stamp room this morning and then decided to go shopping! Went to Home Depot and bought another space heater. I'm going to keep this one out here in the computer room and the one I bought a couple weeks ago will go in my stamp room. Maybe I'll make it through the winter months without putting on the heater.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #15814
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
The house is decorated. I hope to get rid of a few sterlite tubs of decorations...passing some off on the kids & then garage sale the rest. Yeah~ move it twice this year & then get rid of it. Soup is simmering, hope its good... ya never know with turkey! Not sure if we'll go to the tree lighting since Stef & kiddos are gone but we might. It could be fun.
I'm still not sure about decorations. There is so little time to get any of that done and I won't be here that much to enjoy it either.

I hope you go to the tree lighting. Might be fun.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #15815
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Hi , I have a quiet moment here too ...Tammy and the girls just left, Krista and Sue and Cody took Noah home and went to Joanns .
Dustin is here having a quiet afternoon, after a not good morning at home

I made potato soup for lunch, it is another cold day here ~
I have never made turkey soup, I have made turkey casserole, or turkey and noodles ~
Donnie is enjoying the left overs He went last night and bought all the kids soda, twinkies, cookies , ice cream... oh yes just what they all needed Tammy and Krista went shopping last night for a few hours...

I have been extra tired for a few days, not sure why, I know I was super cranky with the kids yesterday, I felt bad. I am going to rest for an hour, then I need to take Ali up to school , she needs to be there to cheer, they are still hosting the Turkey Tournament she will be there until 10:00
Hope you get a chance to rest. It's probably no wonder you were a little cranky. You've been going, and going, and going it seems for weeks now with kids at the house all the time and now with Donnie and Sue there. I know you're happy to have them, but it still puts stress on you.

Some of the kids got fried Twinkies at Old Town Spring yesterday. Of course my DD had to ask them if they were "real" Twinkies since you can't get them in the stores anymore. They told her yes, they were real. They had already stocked up on them. Hopefully, another company will start making them so they can continue to sell fried Twinkies. They had fried oreos too. I didn't eat any of those. We had peach cobbler with vanilla ice cream at lunch time so I wasn't really hungry. I just got some lemonade. I heard on the news today that lemonade or adding lemon to your water actually will quench your thirst more than just plain water.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #15816
Mini Quack

Today was a good day, mostly calm and quiet...Sue and I enjoyed a few Hallmark movies this evening...She has not watched Hallmark before ...

I did make potato soup at lunch time, but we ate leftovers too... So not much cooking today... I tried to do some shopping on line, but no luck... I have no idea when I will get out to do any real shopping...

I think I will go to bed early, and be up before Don and Sue go to church...I need to decide what I am cooking tomorrow so I can get it out of the freezer...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-24-2012, 07:37 PM   #15817
Mini Quack

I am just sitting here thinking that it sure does not seem like Don and Sue have been here for a week now... It has been great waking up and visiting with Donnie, we have had a few good talks, and a lot of joking too...
and Sue, well she has been sewing like crazy to help us all out, and she is just such an easy lady to love... I will be sad to see them leave... And the kids will all miss them so much As much as I wish they would come back here, I am getting the feeling that will not happen... But as long as Donnie is happy where he is, I am ok with that...I will treasure this time I have had
Their flight is leaving early Wednesday morning, but they may go to Bloomington Tuesday and stay in a motel... I know they miss being home, their grandson has called Sue three times a day to see if they are ok and when they will be home... And I know Don misses Bill so much and being at the church as well...

Our evening ended learning that one of our Uncles passed away early today... He was loved by all of us so much, we have not seen him in so many years, he divorced my Aunt Tootie over 20 years ago...but he was a special man... He had come back 2 years ago to be with his daughters and near my Aunt...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2012, 05:09 AM   #15818
Mini Quack

GOOD MORNING...WOW I AM THE FIRST ONE UP, unless Don or Sue were up super early I thought they were leaving for church in just a while but they are both still asleep ...I hope neither of them are sick...

I know I watched tv in my room until after 12:30 last night, maybe they stayed up late too ...

I may run in to Peoria today to pick up one of my prescriptions, and see if Sue wants to go to Michaels or any where else ... or I may wait until tomorrow and I need to get the oil changed in my car too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2012, 07:01 AM   #15819
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quakers. I woke up not feeling too well this morning. My sinus was hurting and I need some Vitamin C. I can't believe that I let myself run out. I thought I had some up in the cabinet, but it wasn't there. I am going to make a run to the store and get some because I don't want to really get sick. I was also very chilled this morning even with the heater going. It's in the mid 30's right now.

Going over to my sis's house for our last Thanksgiving get together. I'm sure the whole family will be there or most of them anyway. My cousin leaves for PA in the morning. It's been great to have her here.

I haven't even had any breakfast yet, so I'm going to go fix something and head to the store.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2012, 07:20 AM   #15820
Mini Quack

OK Don and Sue are off to church, my house is freshened up, laundry going and I will start some beef strew here pretty soon... I may make a cheese cake too, I have not decided yet...

it is up to 40, and looks like a pretty day...I am going to walk out to the barn/ shed to see if I can find my cats, since the big white dog has arrived, she likes it here as much as she does at Kristas... but my cats are not too thrilled... Daisy is dealing, but I have to go out with her every time...the white dog does not try to hurt, he just sniffs a lot and wants to play~ like flip her up in the air ~
I swear someone or a lot of someones know Krista and I are animal "suckers " oh I mean lovers

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #15821
Mini Quack

Maggie I hope the vit C helps you to feel better... I am hanging in there so far, I get tired and feel run down, but other that that bout with the headaches / vertigo feeling I have been good

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2012, 09:38 AM   #15822
First To Quack

Maggie & Soni, I hope you both are feeling better ASAP. Rest, drink plenty and rest some more!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2012, 09:47 AM   #15823
First To Quack

As most of you read on FB we did go to the Light Up Mt Dora. It was pretty cool. Mt Dora downtown reminds me of Savannah or maybe New Orleans, very old, lots of character, lots of old live oaks draped with moss. In the dark with over 2 million lights EVERYWHERE it was pretty magical...with without any signs of any Disney! Tons & tons of people were there, they decorated at least 2 parks & the marina. In a few weeks there will be a lighted boat parade too...can't wait for that. We did some Christmas shopping at Kohls today, then Pubix & then the local Farmer's Market. That was all great fun however waking up to a dog with a sick tummy was not so fun. I had a nasty cage to clean out~ so by 9ish I had the cage scrubbed, a bed in the washer, family room/kitchen/half bath floors scrubbed & 2 stinky girls bathed. LOL...much better smelling here now!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #15824
Mini Quack

Dody, Daisy got sick yesterday too, just one time~ but she was not feeling well all day, you could tell She seems better today, I hope so , she is due to go to grooming Tuesday ...

I feel ok, just really tired for a day or two... Don and Sue are not back yet, I hope they are spending time with some friends from when Donnie preached there...?I decided the stew was for supper, it is simmering, so I am off to my chair to rest, maybe see if there is a movie on rest while I can : ) It is so quiet today ...very different from the past few days

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-25-2012, 12:33 PM   #15825
First To Quack

Our day is quiet too today, the house is clean too, lol. I adore having the kids but we do enjoy the house this way too. I bought a red tablecloth for the kitchen table, it looks real pretty with the placemats I already had. I think that finishes my decorating except for a wreath for the front door. I put big white bows/greenery outside on the lamps...it really looks wedding more than Christmas but it's what I had. If I make it to JoAnns I'll swap it out, if not...next year

Still have not picked up a book for a week...I need to finish 13 more to make my goal.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2012, 12:37 PM   #15826
First To Quack

Zoey is resting in her new bed today, not as much energy as normal. I got the girls new beds at Kohls....only $12.49 @ plus Kohls cash. We got them new ones when we moved but they are raveling bad already. And they were $30@!!!! These better last!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2012, 12:38 PM   #15827
First To Quack

thinking about freezing some turkey...a 18 pound bird for 3 adults & 2 kiddos makes a lot of leftovers!!!! Already froze a bunch of soup.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-25-2012, 03:22 PM   #15828
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie & Soni, I hope you both are feeling better ASAP. Rest, drink plenty and rest some more!
Thanks Dody. I'm doing somewhat better. I rested and relaxed most of the day and then went over to my sis's about 3 for dinner. I wanted to say goodbye to my cousin since she's leaving in the morning. I am thankful for family, but also thankful that it's all over for awhile. Now I can get back into my own routine.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2012, 03:25 PM   #15829
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
As most of you read on FB we did go to the Light Up Mt Dora. It was pretty cool. Mt Dora downtown reminds me of Savannah or maybe New Orleans, very old, lots of character, lots of old live oaks draped with moss. In the dark with over 2 million lights EVERYWHERE it was pretty magical...with without any signs of any Disney! Tons & tons of people were there, they decorated at least 2 parks & the marina. In a few weeks there will be a lighted boat parade too...can't wait for that. We did some Christmas shopping at Kohls today, then Pubix & then the local Farmer's Market. That was all great fun however waking up to a dog with a sick tummy was not so fun. I had a nasty cage to clean out~ so by 9ish I had the cage scrubbed, a bed in the washer, family room/kitchen/half bath floors scrubbed & 2 stinky girls bathed. LOL...much better smelling here now!
Ewww. . . sorry about the sick puppy. I sure hope that's all better now. I saw on FB that my family out in CA had some food poisoning over the weekend from Red Robin. They're not sure what exactly caused it but 4 out of 5 of them got sick.

All the decorations and shopping sounds like you had a good day. We went to a boat parade down in Galveston one year. That was really fun to watch.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-25-2012, 04:43 PM   #15830
Mini Quack

Quote:
Our day is quiet too today, the house is clean too, lol. I adore having the kids but we do enjoy the house this way too. I bought a red tablecloth for the kitchen table, it looks real pretty with the placemats I already had. I think that finishes my decorating except for a wreath for the front door. I put big white bows/greenery outside on the lamps...it really looks wedding more than Christmas but it's what I had. If I make it to JoAnns I'll swap it out, if not...next year

Still have not picked up a book for a week...I need to finish 13 more to make my goal.
I am only 2 away but I have not read in a week either

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-26-2012, 03:51 AM   #15831
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. A little warmer today, but another front coming through to cool things off again.

Back to work today. It's really tough after having 4 days off.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-26-2012, 04:19 AM   #15832
First To Quack

good monday morning! sick pup is doing better but now we have a sick hubby. He was up most of the night with tummy issues, really rare for him to get sick & not me! I'll be working on getting Christmas cards addressed today. I need to get our new address out there asap.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #15833
Mini Quack

Good Morning Dody and Maggie,

Great idea on the cards Dody....Sorry to read that Bud is sick... I hope you can "stay away " enough to avoid catching it

I am just enjoying my tea before I start my day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-26-2012, 05:38 AM   #15834
First To Quack

My dogs have done some funny things in the past but this may be the winner. This morning Zoey pulled her pillow out of her bed and drug it under the Christmas tree. She has been laying there all morning, she did get up to see what I was doing when I gathered laundry up but she went right back to her spot. I gotta get a picture for y'all.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-26-2012, 06:21 AM   #15835
Mini Quack

Quote:
My dogs have done some funny things in the past but this may be the winner. This morning Zoey pulled her pillow out of her bed and drug it under the Christmas tree. She has been laying there all morning, she did get up to see what I was doing when I gathered laundry up but she went right back to her spot. I gotta get a picture for y'all.
Awe that would make a sweet Christmas card ~ cannot wait to see

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #15836
Mini Quack

I am taking my car up at 4:00 to get the oil changed~ right here in Williamsfield... and I checked, I have enough of my medicine so I can wait and pick it up tomorrow on my way to take Daisy to be groomed... so I am off to work on my challenge envelopes...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-26-2012, 06:58 AM   #15837
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning all....
Well, we had a great time at Deb's...that's why I wasn't on. I did pop in once to see what y'all were doing. But, didn't get a chance to post. Deb's wifi wasn't working after being struck by lightening awhile back. So, Jack worked on her computer to discover that it was that. He ended up going to town to get a new one. They were up and running later on Saturday.

Deb and I did some shopping on Friday and Saturday. It was some cute local shops...nothing big. Neither of us do the big sales and stuff. But we did our part for the small business Saturday shopping! LOL
Old 11-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #15838
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Thanksgiving was a little different for us...no kids. Niece went to have turkey dinner with boyfriend and his family. Nephew couldn't get home because of work schedule. So, it was just the 4 of us at the house. Something that they will get use to...the empty nest feeling. At least we were there...and it wasn't just the two of them!!!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #15839
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We had birthdays while we were there...it was Deb's and Jack's birthday. We did dinner out for Deb's...a fish place. The fried shrimp was wonderful....Jack had grilled catfish. Might try that the next time. The friend shrimp were large...so I did the 8 count...and that was plenty. The hush puppies were done with jalepenos...no onions...which was better for me. I can't do onions anymore. I would be like Dody's Zoey and be sick with tummy problems!
Old 11-26-2012, 07:05 AM   #15840
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie...sounds like you had a great day with the family. I wondered if y'all were going to get together for that fun day. Glad it all worked out well!

Dody...it sounds like it was a great time with the kids. Sorry to hear that Chris couldn't make it...and then Stef and kids left early. But, it all works out. I can't wait to see the picture of Zoey's nest under the tree. That sounds too cute!

Soni...sounds like you had a wonderful time with family.