Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #15721
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I love broccoli - cawliflower salad with bacon and home made dressing
I don't put cauliflower in mine.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:26 PM   #15722
Stazon Splitcoast

hey girls.
popping in. Going to back read. Then I have a book to finish writing tonight. How is everyone?
Old 11-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #15723
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Kelly, your visitor is not welcome inside, is he? Love them but keep him out!!! I hear the bear is still around & has fox & other friends around too. Silly us took a walk in the dark a few nights ago...we were thinking....not a good idea! LOL!

Suzy, how's your back & knee?
Oh no... Miss Thing is DEFINITELY not allowed in the house. My lap on the porch is one thing.. but not in the house. LOL
Old 11-19-2012, 02:51 PM   #15724
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Late night Quacks. Only got home about an hour ago. I went to a book signing. The author is Lisa Lillien, better known as Hungry Girl. I love her show and I DVR it all the time so I can watch. She's kind of like Rachel Ray only healthy cooking. We got lots of cool free stuff - food and coupons. I left work at 5 and went right to where they were having the book signing which didn't start until 7, but if I had gone home, I would have had to just turn around and go out again. Stopped at a place called Zoe's Kitchen for some dinner. Had a grilled chicken with cole slaw pita pocket. It was very yummy. The book signing was fun, and she is so cute and funny and amazing. I chatted with the girl standing next to me - yes, standing! There were so many people there that they ran out of seating. Ugh, I"m so tired. A lot of people there belonged to Weight Watchers including the girl I was talking to. She really inspired me - lost 51 pounds since last April and looks amazing and all with eating properly. I'm thinking I may need to do this. There is a group in our office complex that meets at lunch time. I've always thought it was way too expensive, but she said to go for about a month and learn everything and then you can do it online.
How cool that you got to meet Lisa. I really like her cookbooks. Though I am cautious about some of her recipes and the pre-packaged foods because of the preservative ingredients.

WW is a good program. They usually have great sign-up specials in January. Something to keep in mind.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:58 PM   #15725
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hello , Don and Sue did arrive safely, we enjoying visiting last night Sue and I were up until after 1:00 am I had Faith, and we were up by 7:00

Tammy came up early and Her and Faith and Sue and I and Dustin went to Lisa's and ran a few errands... Sue made Kristas curtains tonight...
Krista is so excited, she is at grandpas tonight , so I am sure we will be hanging them tomorrow

I think some of their kids and grand kids are coming tomorrow after noon or evening to visit ...

I am off to bed,

good night
I'm glad onery - I mean Donny and Sue arrived okay. Sounds like you've had a great first day.

yeah... KK got her curtains.
Old 11-19-2012, 03:40 PM   #15726
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good Morning!! Yep, we have some busy Quackers right now! I still can't believe Thanksgiving is this week. I did put on Sound of the Seasons music yesterday...kinda thought it might help (and it did!) Plus we have a chill in the air really nice weather! Stephanie will be coming down tomorrow so I may not be on much this week.

Soni, enjoy your visit!!! I bet Krista is thrilled to get her curtains finished and you are thrilled not to have that hanging over your head anymore. And how about Ali getting her buck???with ONE shot! WTG Ali!!! Does Brooke hunt? Somehow I can not see her doing that...

Maggie, I bet it felt good to get that flower bed done even if it was a pain. I used to enjoy gardening but not so much anymore. Maybe if I had a flower bed raised waist high. Also your book signing sounded really cool. You always find the neatest things to do.

Shell, I just noticed your location...really? Are you that busy? Who is it that you don't care about???
Okay, how did I miss this! Congrats Allie

Last edited by ScrappinCEO; 11-19-2012 at 03:41 PM.. Reason: spelling
Old 11-19-2012, 03:46 PM   #15727
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hmmm. . . I should think they'd still be in the "cloud."

BTW, I tried this over the weekend, but I haven't seen Kelly on here, so don't know if it worked. We talked a while back about sharing books on Kindle's. Well, the other day I was looking at my Account on Amazon and the list of books that I have bought (177)!!!!!! It has an "action" button and one of those things you can do is "share" your books. You just have to enter an e-mail address of the person you want to share with and it's supposed to be sent to them I think for 2 weeks. It also says that you can't read that book while it's on loan.
I sent a book to Kelly, so I'm anxious to here whether she got it or not.
What was it, Maggie? I've gotten several books off Kindle the past couple of days so I'll need a title hehe
Old 11-19-2012, 03:50 PM   #15728
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Stef is sitting in traffic just south of Atlanta, why in the world would they have 3 lanes shut for construction this week? I do hate Atlanta traffic
And that's why I don't want to go to Romance Writers of America conference next year. I HATE traffic... and I HATE IT MORE if it's in unfamiliar territory. ::: shudders ::::
Old 11-19-2012, 03:54 PM   #15729
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I love broccoli - cawliflower salad with bacon and home made dressing
That's what I'm taking to our writers Christmas part next month. I only get it when I can share with others
Old 11-19-2012, 03:55 PM   #15730
Stazon Splitcoast

Okay, caught up.
That didn't take long LOL

Suzy, you have got to take care of that knee! You're too active to become in-active kwim?
Old 11-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #15731
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
How cool that you got to meet Lisa. I really like her cookbooks. Though I am cautious about some of her recipes and the pre-packaged foods because of the preservative ingredients.

WW is a good program. They usually have great sign-up specials in January. Something to keep in mind.
Not sure what pre-packaged foods you are talking about with her recipes. So far in her cookbook that I bought, I don't really see anything pre-packaged except normal stuff like turkey bacon or egg substitute - stuff like that. She does use Splenda a lot, but I don't care for that because I can taste the after taste from it, so I just use my regular Florida Crystals.

I looked online today and there is a meeting place not too far from where I work. I'm thinking of starting the first week in December.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-19-2012, 04:04 PM   #15732
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
What was it, Maggie? I've gotten several books off Kindle the past couple of days so I'll need a title hehe
This one says it's On Loan, so it must be the one I sent you.

Clotho's Loom: A Novel of Literary Romance and Realism
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-19-2012, 04:10 PM   #15733
Quacker Stamper

When I got home tonight and went out to feed the kitties, I noticed that one of the bowls was missing - it's kind of white. I looked all around the area for it, and didn't see it. Glanced over by the fence and saw something whitish over there - it's dark by this time, so hard to see anything and the one security light doesn't light up the whole yard (need to get the other one fixed or replaced). Walked over to get it and it turned out to be a little white kitten - it had a brother or sister with it. There were 2 of them. So cute, but so scared. Seems that one of the fence boards was not fastened properly at the bottom, so they were able to squeeze through there. After chasing them around the yard, I was finally able to get them both back on the other side of the fence and I got the start of a nail into the board. I'm not very good at that, so I need to e-mail the fence guy and have him get someone out here to fix this before I get any other critters from that yard into mine. I think they may have been about 8 weeks old. Pure white, and so cute.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 PM   #15734
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Okay, how did I miss this! Congrats Allie
it was on Facebook : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 11-19-2012, 04:47 PM   #15735
Mini Quack

Meatloaf was yummy and we all are being lazy tonight Randy came out and brought some goodies, he feel asleep too lol

I ordered a bobbin casing, Sue says she is sure it is the right one, I tried calling Singer all day to get part #... never could talk to any one... I cannot find my manual... I saw it last week, but I have no idea where ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #15736
Quacker Stamper

You all will get a big laugh out of this story - and no, I don't think I've really lost my mind yet because I did figure this out. I'm making some HG chicken recipes tonight for lunches this week, and one of them called for cornstarch with apricot preserves. Yummy, can't wait to taste that one. So I open the cabinet and reach up to get the cornstarch in the blue can and I look and see a red can that says Cornstarch on it!!!!!!! Yikes! I look all around the cabinet and no Baking Powder! All this time (who knows how long), I've been using Cornstarch in place of Baking Powder! My Baking Powder also comes in a red can, so I guess when I got it at the store, I didn't even read the label on it, just thinking it was Baking Powder! No wonder my Monster cookies didn't come out the way they were supposed to (although they tasted good)
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-19-2012, 06:01 PM   #15737
Mini Quack

Quote:
You all will get a big laugh out of this story - and no, I don't think I've really lost my mind yet because I did figure this out. I'm making some HG chicken recipes tonight for lunches this week, and one of them called for cornstarch with apricot preserves. Yummy, can't wait to taste that one. So I open the cabinet and reach up to get the cornstarch in the blue can and I look and see a red can that says Cornstarch on it!!!!!!! Yikes! I look all around the cabinet and no Baking Powder! All this time (who knows how long), I've been using Cornstarch in place of Baking Powder! My Baking Powder also comes in a red can, so I guess when I got it at the store, I didn't even read the label on it, just thinking it was Baking Powder! No wonder my Monster cookies didn't come out the way they were supposed to (although they tasted good)
oh my .... it seems we get so busy, we just do not realise what we are doing some times...from a voice of experience...lol Glad you got that figured out tho

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-19-2012, 06:25 PM   #15738
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie...at least you were able to figure it out. We've had that happen here...on some things. Because I bought a different brand...and "someone else" didn't read the label. Oh gosh...who could that be? LOL
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #15739
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Maggie...at least you were able to figure it out. We've had that happen here...on some things. Because I bought a different brand...and "someone else" didn't read the label. Oh gosh...who could that be? LOL
LOL! I'm trying to think back on all the baking that I would have used it in. And I have no one to blame but myself.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2012, 04:42 AM   #15740
Mini Quack

Good Morning, I think Sue and I might go see their daughter ~ my niece Kim ~ today and I need to go to the bank... nothing else on the agenda that I know of
But I am sure Donnie will keep me busy, even if it is only by tormenting Daisy or picking on me

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 05:16 AM   #15741
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

Have a fun day Soni.

Quiet one here. I think the boss will be gone for most of the morning at Grandparents' Day at the grands school.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #15742
Total Quack

Hi. I just thought I'd let ya'll know why I've not been around. My back up computer (the 7 year old one) is messed up, as well. I am hoping to get my new one in the next week or so. I've approved one, but to my knowledge, it hasn't shipped yet.

I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. I miss being on here. I check FB on my phone, so if you need me, you can get me there.

Photography Site

Old 11-20-2012, 02:00 PM   #15743
Mini Quack

Sorry to hear that Shell, and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you as well

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #15744
Mini Quack

Sue and I were gone a good bit today, She is working on a blanket for Krista now...
I have a really nasty headache again

Williamsfield is hosting a tournament this week and to night Krista's school is coming here to play~ I think they are all going up to the school I do not think I will since the high school does not play until 8:00 by the way, Ali was moved up to Varsity cheer leading so I hope to be able to see some of the games...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #15745
Quacker Stamper

Late night Quacks!

Shell, so sorry about the computer. I hope you new one sooner than later.

Soni, sorry about the headache. Hope some R & R will help you feel better.

I was supposed to go visiting tonight, but I really have too much to do. I called the lady we were to go see and it turned out that she had completely forgotten that we were coming, so it all worked out. I rescheduled for next Tuesday.

Now I've got to go get some things done.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2012, 04:42 PM   #15746
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
This one says it's On Loan, so it must be the one I sent you.

Clotho's Loom: A Novel of Literary Romance and Realism
I didn't see it on my list and it didn't load to my Kindle
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #15747
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I didn't see it on my list and it didn't load to my Kindle
Have you checked your e-mails???? I had to e-mail it to you, so it may not load directly to your Kindle like they do from Amazon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2012, 04:44 PM   #15748
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
LOL Good one, Maggie.
Old 11-20-2012, 04:46 PM   #15749
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good Morning, I think Sue and I might go see their daughter ~ my niece Kim ~ today and I need to go to the bank... nothing else on the agenda that I know of
But I am sure Donnie will keep me busy, even if it is only by tormenting Daisy or picking on me
NOT Donnie! Surely you joke hehe
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #15750
Mini Quack

we are having a quiet evening here, Dustin is with us since the game will be late, he is all snuggled in my bed with the tv on...

The head ache is still there ... I am off to take some Advil since I finally ate supper...Donnie and were talking and the time flew by

I may go snuggle with Dustin for a while

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 04:48 PM   #15751
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Have you checked your e-mails???? I had to e-mail it to you, so it may not load directly to your Kindle like they do from Amazon.
I'll check now. I've been busy this week finishing a book. I've written the entire rough draft in 15 days PLUS read all 3 of the Shades of Grey trilogy. OMG
Old 11-20-2012, 04:51 PM   #15752
Mini Quack

Quote:
NOT Donnie! Surely you joke hehe
he is ornery , of course
but really more quiet this trip... he seems to have a lot on his mind... but we are enjoying just visiting and remembering ...
He is loving it when the kids come over... he is so good with each of them on individual levels...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 04:52 PM   #15753
Mini Quack

gotta go take that Advil

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #15754
Stazon Splitcoast

okay.. found the email... buried. Just spent 30 min unsubscribing from a ton of feeds.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:15 PM   #15755
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
okay.. found the email... buried. Just spent 30 min unsubscribing from a ton of feeds.
So, you got the e-mail and the book?????? That's great if it works.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2012, 05:18 PM   #15756
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
he is ornery , of course
but really more quiet this trip... he seems to have a lot on his mind... but we are enjoying just visiting and remembering ...
He is loving it when the kids come over... he is so good with each of them on individual levels...
I know. He's a teddy bear. Just givin' him a hard time.... you know, like he did me the first time I ever spoke to him LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #15757
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
So, you got the e-mail and the book?????? That's great if it works.
Yes, it was in my email... email sent me to kindle account to approve the loan. I have it for 14 days.

Opened it on my kindle. Looks fine . Doubt I'll get read it, but it worked. LOL
Old 11-20-2012, 05:39 PM   #15758
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yes, it was in my email... email sent me to kindle account to approve the loan. I have it for 14 days.

Opened it on my kindle. Looks fine . Doubt I'll get read it, but it worked. LOL
Oh, that's fabulous!!!!!! I'm so glad to know that it worked. Well, if you get time read it; if you don't finish it, I can loan it to you again. I'm not even exactly sure what it's all about - the book that is. Guess I need to print off some list of the books I have in case you or Dody want to read any of them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-20-2012, 07:55 PM   #15759
Mini Quack

Quote:
I know. He's a teddy bear. Just givin' him a hard time.... you know, like he did me the first time I ever spoke to him LOL
yep that is his way~

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-20-2012, 07:58 PM   #15760
Mini Quack

it has been a totally quiet evening, Donnie and I talked, Sue feel asleep , so did Dustin... I am having my Ovaltine and I will be off to bed... No big plans for tomorrow just a day at home, and I may need to pick Kristas kids up at school...She and Tammy are taking care of some thing with grandpa...they are going to do a temporary stay in a nursing home called respite~ for a few days....they both need a break and I hope this works out...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery