Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6754Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2012, 12:14 PM   #15601
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Shell, I know you'll be cool with whatever Mom decides. I also know that you will enjoy the day so much more if Becky is not part of the equation. As I recall, you came away last year with one of your headaches. May this year be pain free. Hugs!

Yes, I did. It was from the candles and the fire they had. Rough year last year. NOT going to repeat it.

Thanks!!!

Photography Site

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-15-2012, 12:15 PM   #15602
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Yikes! I can't even imagine giving it up! Of course you do have your sewing to keep you busy and use those creative juices.

They announced the other day the new class for Copics in 2013! It's a 2-day class and I can't wait to find out where the class is going to be close to me so I can sign up. They'll also have an optional round-table get together after the end of the class for anyone who wants to stick around and talk with the instructor.

That's exciting. I keep watching for a class around here .... nothing.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 12:17 PM   #15603
Total Quack

Quote:
It is good to have family together, but not when it brings contention along with it. It's good also to be low-keyed. Salmon burgers sounds good too!

I hope your mom doesn't feel the pressure or feel disloyal to one or the other of you.

I'm looking forward to the quiet.

Just grilled salmon .... no salmon burger for me. The guys may have regular burgers, though.

I hope not, too. That's what I'm trying to avoid.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 12:28 PM   #15604
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Home! and soooo broke! We spent $325 on food alone...yikes and I still hope it's enough! With Stef's crew here for a week & Justin & Liz popping in when they can it will add up. Of course after thursday there will be lots of leftovers

It's doubtful I will ever totally give up the paper crafting but remember I have been sewing since I was in 7th grade, and seriously sewing since high school. I did take a long break but it feels right to me to be behind the sewing machine. Card making is just plain fun to put something together in a short period of time is a joy I need that quick creative flow sometimes but I doubt I put much more $$$ into it. On the other hand I scoped out the local quilt shop today, big disappointment. It's a very small store, very overcrowded. I'll go there for thread or a quick "I need this now!" but I'll find better not too far away. Also the quilt guild is a bummer, they cut off membership at 150 & have a waiting list. oh well, when it's meant to be it will happen.

It's tough when you get a houseful of people, isn't it? I have a teen, so we spend quite a bit on food each week. I know what you mean, though.... when Jared's home, we spend a whole bunch on food.....

Sorry about the quilting guild and stuff. Such a bummer. We don't have good places here, either.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 12:31 PM   #15605
Total Quack

Quote:
Also got our new passports sent in today, why I'm not sure...I sure don't plan on traveling out of the country!

No? It's good to be ready ... just in case... though!

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 12:33 PM   #15606
Total Quack

Quote:
Sounds like my last bill when I went to Costco, but then I bought a lot of extra stuff for food storage and non perishables.

I learned to sew when I was young and in school also, but I wasn't that crazy about it even though I made my own clothes and things for my girls when they were little. I actually still have a cape I made when I was in HS! It's reversible and has a leopard print corduroy on one side and a fuzzy fabric on the other side. I'm thinking I need to get it out and take it to the cleaners just to freshen it up. I also need to sew a couple new buttons on it. Can you believe it's 50 years old! It's almost an antique.

I bought a pattern for a cape yesterday. My mom wants me to 'practice' on mine and then to make her one.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 01:53 PM   #15607
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
You never know and they are good for identification for other reasons also.
Yes, we got our passports renewed in June...did it for our anniversary. We also got the passport cards...which can be used for ID and for Canada and Mexico. But, not flying out of the country. Hey...you want you passport stamped anyway. I still have "non used" passports....this is my 3rd! But, you never know....we might actually go someplace this next 10 years!!! Who knows!
Old 11-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #15608
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yikes! I can't even imagine giving it up! Of course you do have your sewing to keep you busy and use those creative juices.

They announced the other day the new class for Copics in 2013! It's a 2-day class and I can't wait to find out where the class is going to be close to me so I can sign up. They'll also have an optional round-table get together after the end of the class for anyone who wants to stick around and talk with the instructor.
That sounds like an awesome bonus!

At writers conferences we usually have the opportunity to try and get a seat at the same luncheon or dinner table with the editor/ agent whose brain we'd most like to pick You get the best information that way.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:00 PM   #15609
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody...sorry to hear that the quilt shop and the guild were a bust. Is there another guild close by that you can join? I almost got into the one around here....but, the meeting time conflicted with something else. Don't remember when they meet now. Shows it hasn't been needed lately! I have plenty of sewing projects to do! I do need to get back into that again. Maybe this next year....yeah, I know that's what I said for this year! I've been sewing since I was in 7th grade. I didn't have the patience as much then. It has slowly developed with time!!! I guess I started doing stamping after college. But, I really didn't know what to do with some of the stamps that I got. I think with the knowledge that I have for card making....I could do so much more with some of those older stamps. Most of them are single stamps....sure like the groupings that you can get from SU...and some other companies.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #15610
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

well...I'm off to work on some cards....still have one more to make from the envelope that Krista sent out. I was hoping to take pictures of the cards I've already done...but, not enough light now. We had Chinese for lunch...then went to Hobby Lobby ...and then Sprouts. I'm sure we will have soup for supper. Certainly don't want much!
Old 11-15-2012, 02:36 PM   #15611
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

hello, my supper is in the oven, got my hair trimmed, pulled out a few more things for one of the ways to list it and went to the library...

I had a call from Donnie, he and Sue started out, had to return home, stopped for speeding~ which he and Sue both said was bogus~ they had not updated their license of new address so got a ticket for that ~ went back to take care of all of that and are having issues... things are so different now they only had 10 days to have their actual drivers license changed, and need a sealed copy of birth certificate to do it ... it is not like that in illinois, or at least is hasn't been ~!
... I am doubtful I will see them before Thanksgiving , I truly doubt they will try to make the trip at all ... Donnie is so upset, Sue is mad and well I am pretty sad...

If this is one of those things that happen for a reason,
I sure hope it is a good reason

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 11-15-2012 at 02:44 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #15612
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I bought a pattern for a cape yesterday. My mom wants me to 'practice' on mine and then to make her one.
smart lady lol said with love of course

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 02:53 PM   #15613
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
hello, my supper is in the oven, got my hair trimmed, pulled out a few more things for one of the ways to list it and went to the library...

I had a call from Donnie, he and Sue started out, had to return home, stopped for speeding~ which he and Sue both said was bogus~ they had not updated their license of new address so got a ticket for that ~ went back to take care of all of that and are having issues... things are so different now they only had 10 days to have their actual drivers license changed, and need a sealed copy of birth certificate to do it ... it is not like that in illinois, or at least is hasn't been ~!
... I am doubtful I will see them before Thanksgiving , I truly doubt they will try to make the trip at all ... Donnie is so upset, Sue is mad and well I am pretty sad...

If this is one of those things that happen for a reason,
I sure hope it is a good reason

I'm so sorry, Sonja. I hope they change their minds and try to make the trip again after getting it all settled.

Yes, things here are much different with the licenses. We could renew online the last time I did it - and could make it for 10 years. Now, though, you have to go in and you have to have 2 forms of id, as well as your SS card. There's more, but I can't remember. Totally ridiculous in my opinion.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 02:55 PM   #15614
Total Quack

Quote:
smart lady lol said with love of course

And just as I did when she said it .... I am rolling my eyes again ....

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 04:20 PM   #15615
Mini Quack

Quote:
I'm so sorry, Sonja. I hope they change their minds and try to make the trip again after getting it all settled.

Yes, things here are much different with the licenses. We could renew online the last time I did it - and could make it for 10 years. Now, though, you have to go in and you have to have 2 forms of id, as well as your SS card. There's more, but I can't remember. Totally ridiculous in my opinion.
well it has nothing to do with changing their their minds, there are just too many issues that are not able to be corrected easily or in a timely fashion

So I will just wait and see, I just am sad for them, they both wanted to come so bad...
Some of what they had to do today was fairly expensive,they are dealing with long distance phone calls and mail
like Sues birth certificate needs to be replaced and she is from Ohio...her copy is not sealed So $$ to get that and get both new licenses, and extra to Ohio courthouse and then a ticket too...that took a good bit out of their traveling money
So I just do not think they will be able to I totally understand but in honesty I do not want them to try to come and not have enough $ or get stranded or some thing They are on a limited income just as I am I want them to be safe and be able to enjoy Thanksgiving, so if staying there is better then it is ok
I am just sad I miss my brothers so much

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 04:29 PM   #15616
First To Quack

oh yeah, I know about that 10 day thing! We really pushed it here & waited a few extra days so we could vote at our old address. But I have heard of people getting pulled over for speeding & getting a higher fine for the past 10 day thing. We have been very quick to get everything into this address because of that. We had to change everything twice now!

Suzy, yeah...I think there is a guild in another town not far from here. I know there are more shpos as well, some that are huge so I am not too worried.

Shell, I guess I had such a shock shopping today because I try to keep our food bill around $100 a week. I knew we would go over since I am still restocking the freezer & pantry but whoa!!!

Maggie, I would like to see a picture of your cape if you get it out. I made my wedding dress when I was 18. It is wrapped up....I don't even want to see how skinny I was to fit in it!!! But it's on the shelf in my sewing room with some other heirlooms.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-15-2012, 04:30 PM   #15617
First To Quack

wishing I could get into the holiday spirt more...this is just not like me.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-15-2012, 05:03 PM   #15618
Mini Quack

Quote:
And just as I did when she said it .... I am rolling my eyes again ....

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 05:04 PM   #15619
Mini Quack

Quote:
I know Dody I am just mot ready I guess

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 05:27 PM   #15620
Total Quack

Quote:
well it has nothing to do with changing their their minds, there are just too many issues that are not able to be corrected easily or in a timely fashion

So I will just wait and see, I just am sad for them, they both wanted to come so bad...
Some of what they had to do today was fairly expensive,they are dealing with long distance phone calls and mail
like Sues birth certificate needs to be replaced and she is from Ohio...her copy is not sealed So $$ to get that and get both new licenses, and extra to Ohio courthouse and then a ticket too...that took a good bit out of their traveling money
So I just do not think they will be able to I totally understand but in honesty I do not want them to try to come and not have enough $ or get stranded or some thing They are on a limited income just as I am I want them to be safe and be able to enjoy Thanksgiving, so if staying there is better then it is ok

Hugs. I'm so sorry.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #15621
Total Quack

Quote:
oh yeah, I know about that 10 day thing! We really pushed it here & waited a few extra days so we could vote at our old address. But I have heard of people getting pulled over for speeding & getting a higher fine for the past 10 day thing. We have been very quick to get everything into this address because of that. We had to change everything twice now!

Suzy, yeah...I think there is a guild in another town not far from here. I know there are more shpos as well, some that are huge so I am not too worried.

Shell, I guess I had such a shock shopping today because I try to keep our food bill around $100 a week. I knew we would go over since I am still restocking the freezer & pantry but whoa!!!

Maggie, I would like to see a picture of your cape if you get it out. I made my wedding dress when I was 18. It is wrapped up....I don't even want to see how skinny I was to fit in it!!! But it's on the shelf in my sewing room with some other heirlooms.

Hahaha ... and it doesn't seem like a ton to me because I have 4 in the household ... including a 16 yo boy. I can't imagine spending only $100 a week on groceries....

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #15622
Total Quack

Quote:

I'm in the same boat, Dody. I just don't have that holiday spirit yet. Maybe after the decorations are up .... or after Thanksgiving .... or when I get Christmas gifts going....

I'm hoping to make a bunch of gifts this year.... we'll see.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 05:31 PM   #15623
Total Quack

Quote:

Love ya!

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 05:32 PM   #15624
Total Quack

Early to bed tonight. Group meeting tomorrow followed by chorus rehearsal and drama after lunch.

Photography Site

Old 11-15-2012, 07:00 PM   #15625
Mini Quack

Quote:

Sorry for all of that...in short...

it is not their minds just their abilities... some day I will learn to keep my mouth shut...

I just saw on FB they are coming, but I will believe when I see them

I gave it to God and asked him to keep them safe where ever they were and supply them with love ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 11-15-2012 at 07:05 PM..
Old 11-15-2012, 07:15 PM   #15626
Mini Quack

I started a book tonight while Cody and Keith were here doing home work, I think I will have some oval tine and finish it...

good night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #15627
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Had a fun time at the Baby Shower last night. The mom received lots of books for her children. Her little boy is 2 so I know that they will all enjoy looking at them. I gave her a GC to Amazon so she could pick out some of her own choice. It was so nice to hold that little baby girl. She's such a sweetheart and I just love her mom. She served with me in the Relief Society Presidency when I was president before they left for Utah for 2 years. We're all so happy to have her back here.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-16-2012, 03:19 AM   #15628
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sorry for all of that...in short...

it is not their minds just their abilities... some day I will learn to keep my mouth shut...

I just saw on FB they are coming, but I will believe when I see them

I gave it to God and asked him to keep them safe where ever they were and supply them with love ...
Sorry about all the issues that Donnie and Sue are facing, but I sure hope that they will be able to come and spend some time with you.

I suggest that you check out the PSC blog this morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-16-2012, 03:38 AM   #15629
Quacker Stamper

I need to ask you this morning for prayers for the family of our Stake Relief Society President. I just got an e-mail this morning that the 7 week old baby of her oldest DD passed away yesterday during a nap. Sounds like SIDS. The mom has 5 other children - the oldest boy is 8 yo.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-16-2012, 04:57 AM   #15630
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I need to ask you this morning for prayers for the family of our Stake Relief Society President. I just got an e-mail this morning that the 7 week old baby of her oldest DD passed away yesterday during a nap. Sounds like SIDS. The mom has 5 other children - the oldest boy is 8 yo.
How very sad. Prayers offered.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:10 AM   #15631
Mini Quack

Quote:
Oh how sad, yes of course prayers will be said

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-16-2012, 05:14 AM   #15632
Mini Quack

Quote:
Sorry about all the issues that Donnie and Sue are facing, but I sure hope that they will be able to come and spend some time with you.

I suggest that you check out the PSC blog this morning.
well I am in shock, though it is really pretty in real life with the shimmer paper I never thought It would be chosen... CAS is some thing I can do lol so I entered

A perfect three is some thing to smile about : )

again Maggie, thanks for the encouragement

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-16-2012, 05:15 AM   #15633
Stazon Splitcoast

Congratulations, Soni! You're getting good at this
Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 AM   #15634
Mini Quack

Good Morning, I am up but moving slow...
trying to decide if I want to go to town or stay home and finish up a few things here

I slept pretty good, I woke up at six, but went back to sleep, it seems those last 2 hours I sleep the best ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-16-2012, 05:19 AM   #15635
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Congratulations, Soni! You're getting good at this
thanks Kel but really CAS I can do~ but anyone can lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #15636
Stazon Splitcoast

Funny story... you all know about my raccoon... Miss Thing. She is becoming quiet spoiled. And apparently has lost her watch. Instead of coming around 9 or 9:30 at night now, she doesn't get here til 11:30! The dogs got me up night before last for me to find her falling out of the bird feeder and making a bee-line for the front deck. I came in to get her crackers and the storm door didn't close all the way. I turned back to go out and her nose was sticking between the door and door frame...just waiting.

Last night she tried to follow me in the house! LOL Really have to keep an eye on the door now.
Attached Thumbnails
miss-thing.jpg  
Old 11-16-2012, 05:24 AM   #15637
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
thanks Kel but really CAS I can do~ but anyone can lol
Yes, but you're putting them out there! Go you!
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 AM   #15638
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good Morning, I am up but moving slow...
trying to decide if I want to go to town or stay home and finish up a few things here

I slept pretty good, I woke up at six, but went back to sleep, it seems those last 2 hours I sleep the best ...
I played with that same decision last night. I decided to keep writing today. Then I'll go in late afternoon for some light shopping and catch the 7p.m. Twilight.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:29 AM   #15639
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
well I am in shock, though it is really pretty in real life with the shimmer paper I never thought It would be chosen... CAS is some thing I can do lol so I entered

A perfect three is some thing to smile about : )

again Maggie, thanks for the encouragement
Congrats Soni! It is a very pretty card and very much in keeping with the theme of the challenge. Did my heart good when I wrote up that post last night. I hadn't looked at the Poll until I got home from the baby shower, so I had no idea who the winners were going to be until about 9 last night. Make sure you put that button on your blog!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-16-2012, 05:30 AM   #15640
Stazon Splitcoast

Need to swap loads of laundry. Little early to put them on the line but they'll be washed and ready. We should hit 65 today.