Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6274Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2012, 02:59 PM   #15561
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

I did accomplish all I set out to do today, plus I got to see Tammy anf Faith for just a few minutes... I was shocked at how busy Walmart was... wow for a Wednesday no less... So I was super tired when I got home...

Randy was here trying to work on Kristas Computer, no luck there yet...We talked a good bit , I think it will be another early night here...I need to go find some thing to eat, and I plan to just sit and relax... but I do think I will be in bed early...

My head still hurts, not as bad but I feel it knawing in the back ground...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-14-2012, 05:14 PM   #15562
First To Quack

uh oh, WalMart busy already??? I have to go shopping for all of the Thanksgiving fixings. I think tomorrow we'll hit Publix & WalMart. I just can't wrap my head around Thanksgiving being next week. I need more time please!!!

on a very happy note, we finished hanging picture & stuff on my sewing room walls and that room is finishe (except for painting & curtains) I just love it!!!

unfortunately the craft room will not get done anytime soon. I need a table or desk or something to work on. I can't think about that until after Christmas.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-14-2012, 05:40 PM   #15563
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
uh oh, WalMart busy already??? I have to go shopping for all of the Thanksgiving fixings. I think tomorrow we'll hit Publix & WalMart. I just can't wrap my head around Thanksgiving being next week. I need more time please!!!

on a very happy note, we finished hanging picture & stuff on my sewing room walls and that room is finishe (except for painting & curtains) I just love it!!!

unfortunately the craft room will not get done anytime soon. I need a table or desk or something to work on. I can't think about that until after Christmas.
well now that the sewing room is finished, you can make curtains

I know and after Thanksgiving, I have 3 birthdays boom boom boom then Christmas... and you do not want to ask how much shopping I have done plus if Donnie comes he will be here two weeks, so not much will get dome in that time

I wonder if I hid under my bed if any one would miss me this Christmas???

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #15564
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
OK I sat with my eyes shut in a quiet house, took Advil rested for an hour... I baked some chicken pieces during that time... I ate, had some tea, turned tv on very low... but had to turn it off...

I need to be up early and out of the hose by 8:15 or 8:30 so I am getting off of here for the night... As soon as I reach Krista to remind her I will be gone and ask her to let Daisy out I am going to bed... Quiet, dark and hopefully cool... that should help

good night all

Shell I am sorry about the computer, even if they do replace it, which I agree they need to ~ really 2 weeks,~
plus you have to re do all of your stuff...
in my opinion, so not right ... but hey
I am sure my opinion does not matter

I sure hope you've not had any issues today. Feel better, my friend.

Yes, I totally agree, but 2 weeks is much better than going through all of this again in a few months. The replacement system has been approved, and the man said that the system components would be the same or better than on the computer I have at the moment - no downgrades.

I've had to reinstall all of my stuff too many times at this point - that's why I insisted on a replacement. I'm sick of doing that - and sick of continuing to open the computer, replace something, open it again, replace something else.... etc. Frustrating.

Your opinion matters very much to me. I'm, honestly, not sure what else to do. The computer has to be custom built, so it will take time. I can't expect them to ship a new one tomorrow.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #15565
Total Quack

Quote:
Soni, I hope you are feeling much better, you sounded good.

Shell, sorry about the issues with Dell. You will be lost without your computer for 2 weeks. Of course I know you have your phone & can borrow Jonah's or Mark's Hmmm, does the princess have her own laptop yet? Or is that Christmas

Actually, I still have this laptop - my 7 yo one that I got the other one to replace... So, I can use it. I can't do some things on it, but I do have internet access, SCAL, and a lot of other essentials.

Jaydin does have a laptop that she uses, but it is Jonah's old one. Mom asked me about getting her one for Christmas, but I really think that 7 is too young for her own. She just wants to play games at this point, anyway. I may get her a Kindle Fire, though.

Old 11-14-2012, 05:51 PM   #15566
Total Quack

Quote:
So this morning I stood in the family room & said "Who in this room is stinky?" yep, Zoey came right up & jumped on me. Then Lexi came over & jumped up too...guess even they know so I am off to knock the stink off 2 girls.

LOL! At least they admit it!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:53 PM   #15567
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
morning....we are having issues with computers here too. Jack's new computer isn't working...the wireless card. So, they said it would be 2 days before they could get that part. Now they are saying it's a week. Gosh.....

I'm learning to use a new computer (new to me computer). The font is hard to read...can't figure out how to make it bigger on my email. Then, Jack was using another computer...and he said the "blue screen of death" came up on that one.

We aren't doing well with computers either right now.

Seems to be contagious .....

Old 11-14-2012, 05:58 PM   #15568
Total Quack

Stressful day and night tonight. Tomorrow, though .... we ride.

We're grilling out for Thanksgiving. I don't think there will be a run on salmon, burgers and such. We do plan to have some of our normal holiday fixings, though ... however, they aren't necessarily everyone else' normal fixing. Hahaha.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:00 PM   #15569
Total Quack

Our Thanksgiving will be very different. We're not going up to Becky's. Normally, we do. After last year, and because she didn't come here for Easter (we had a deal - Easter here, Thanksgiving there), we're not even trying. Mom hasn't decided what she's going to do for the day. I'm leaving it up to her, and I won't blame her for whatever decision she makes.

Old 11-14-2012, 06:39 PM   #15570
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Our Thanksgiving will be very different. We're not going up to Becky's. Normally, we do. After last year, and because she didn't come here for Easter (we had a deal - Easter here, Thanksgiving there), we're not even trying. Mom hasn't decided what she's going to do for the day. I'm leaving it up to her, and I won't blame her for whatever decision she makes.
I am sorry it has to be this way, but some times life has to be dealt with in different ways...Sorry for your mom, I know it will hard on her... Especially on a day we are to be THANKFUL

I think we are eating here, I hope Donnie and Sue will be here ....My girls and families will be here ...I am so blessed Keiths dad and his wife may join us, as they want to be with K & K and family...

As far as I know we will have turkey, taters,( mashed and K's sweet potato fluff ) gravy, veggies, stuffing rolls and pumpkin pies

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #15571
Mini Quack

I did not get to bed early K & K brought the boys over so Cody could use internet for home work... which was a long difficult chore... So I am ready now to call it a night ... as soon as I take some Advil

hope you all rest well

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 AM   #15572
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Cold here this morning Brrrrr . . .
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-15-2012, 03:14 AM   #15573
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Glad that your sewing room is now all finished. You hung pictures and haven't painted yet? Christmas is coming way too fast. I have so much to do and I'm not even having Christmas here.

Where do you have down there to shop for a table?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 03:15 AM   #15574
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
well now that the sewing room is finished, you can make curtains

I know and after Thanksgiving, I have 3 birthdays boom boom boom then Christmas... and you do not want to ask how much shopping I have done plus if Donnie comes he will be here two weeks, so not much will get dome in that time

I wonder if I hid under my bed if any one would miss me this Christmas???
I"m pretty sure that your family would not let you hide.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 03:17 AM   #15575
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That's so sad that y'all can't be together for the holiday. Sad for your mom that she has to make such a decision.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 04:51 AM   #15576
First To Quack

morning!

Shell, bummer about Thanksgiving; I completely understand why y'all are staying home tho. At some point Becky has to learn cause & effect. I know you will have a wonderfull day regardless because you will be with those who you love & drama-free ('fingers crossed!'

Maggie, I really want the bedrooms painted first. I don't care about color on the sewing room walls yet. The pictures & all do make it feel like MY place tho. As for curtain, I will put up my sheers at some point, I have white wooden blinds in all windows so no hurry there either. About the table/desk....we have Ashley & Hudson furniture stores here but I didn't see anything that I liked. There is an Ikea in Orlando so I might try there after the new year. If I didn't have so much invested in this craft I could be talked into giving it u so I kinda hate putting even more money into the pit. Whatever I decide on will have to be able to be used for another purpose if I do decide to scrap the scraping

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-15-2012, 04:55 AM   #15577
First To Quack

In all of the years Justin has been down here he has never been able to get home for Thanksgiving. THIS year they are going up to Ga, lol!!! Liz's grandpa passed away last month & she wants to go see her grandma. Understandable! Stephanie is coming down this year but wants to start her own thing next year so this would have been our only chance to all be together (well, except Jen and she backed away years ago to have their own holidays at home) ah well...as we all grow older things do change! Gotta go with the flow or we'll drown.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-15-2012, 04:57 AM   #15578
First To Quack

We're going to go fight the WalMart/Publix crowds today. The snowbirds have landed & things are busier than usual around here. But I need food for the week with extra mouths to feed....can't wait!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-15-2012, 05:34 AM   #15579
Total Quack

Quote:
I am sorry it has to be this way, but some times life has to be dealt with in different ways...Sorry for your mom, I know it will hard on her... Especially on a day we are to be THANKFUL

I think we are eating here, I hope Donnie and Sue will be here ....My girls and families will be here ...I am so blessed Keiths dad and his wife may join us, as they want to be with K & K and family...

As far as I know we will have turkey, taters,( mashed and K's sweet potato fluff ) gravy, veggies, stuffing rolls and pumpkin pies

I hate it for my mom, but I'm really ok with it for us. It will be nice to spend the day at home for a change.

Oh, I hope that ya'll have a wonderful, wonderful time!! What a blessing to have everyone there.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:38 AM   #15580
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
That's so sad that y'all can't be together for the holiday. Sad for your mom that she has to make such a decision.

It is sad. I'm not putting myself through what we went through last year, though. I hate Thanksgiving, anyway. We'll just make the best of it and have a great day with my little family.

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for my mom. If she feels like she needs to be up there with them, I want her to go. I would surely love to have her here, though...

Old 11-15-2012, 05:43 AM   #15581
Total Quack

Quote:
morning!

Shell, bummer about Thanksgiving; I completely understand why y'all are staying home tho. At some point Becky has to learn cause & effect. I know you will have a wonderfull day regardless because you will be with those who you love & drama-free ('fingers crossed!'

Maggie, I really want the bedrooms painted first. I don't care about color on the sewing room walls yet. The pictures & all do make it feel like MY place tho. As for curtain, I will put up my sheers at some point, I have white wooden blinds in all windows so no hurry there either. About the table/desk....we have Ashley & Hudson furniture stores here but I didn't see anything that I liked. There is an Ikea in Orlando so I might try there after the new year. If I didn't have so much invested in this craft I could be talked into giving it u so I kinda hate putting even more money into the pit. Whatever I decide on will have to be able to be used for another purpose if I do decide to scrap the scraping

Thanks! Yes, I think it's going to be a delightful day .... for the first time in many years.

Could you really give it up? Wow. I hate that you feel that way. I know that the one hobby that always comes back to me is paper crafting. I've done the crochet and other things, but paper crafting is my love. I am finding quite a love for sewing, too, though. That's why I can't wait to get the rest of my Haven fixed and settled.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #15582
Total Quack

Quote:
In all of the years Justin has been down here he has never been able to get home for Thanksgiving. THIS year they are going up to Ga, lol!!! Liz's grandpa passed away last month & she wants to go see her grandma. Understandable! Stephanie is coming down this year but wants to start her own thing next year so this would have been our only chance to all be together (well, except Jen and she backed away years ago to have their own holidays at home) ah well...as we all grow older things do change! Gotta go with the flow or we'll drown.

Oh, how strangely things work out. I'm sorry you won't all be together for the holiday. I know you'll enjoy having Steph's crew down there, though.

Old 11-15-2012, 05:47 AM   #15583
Mini Quack

Quote:
I"m pretty sure that your family would not let you hide.
lol I think you are so right...Once I start decorating or actually shopping I will be in the mood...
I did order Faith 2 books ~ one is a recordable Twas the night before Christmas I cannot wait for her to open it and hear grammas voice ~ the other is a Mickey book with a small keyboard , she loves music ~
and a little some thing for Kayle's mom 2 days a go ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #15584
Total Quack

Quote:
We're going to go fight the WalMart/Publix crowds today. The snowbirds have landed & things are busier than usual around here. But I need food for the week with extra mouths to feed....can't wait!

Brave, aren't you?? Hahaha. I hope it goes well, though!

Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 AM   #15585
Mini Quack

Quote:
morning!

That makes sense but I hope you do not "scrap" it all...it is another release for your creativity
I love the look of a country table to work on, I want to take down my reason table, bit like you I do not want to add $ to this room...

but those cubes and even a table top could be useful in your sewing room some day too just a thought : ) Walmart has a black top brown legged table I think it comes in White and natural wood too Ashley had one like it so did Target, it may have been online

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 05:56 AM   #15586
Mini Quack

Quote:
yes so true ...

enjoy Step's family and take lots of pictures... make new memories... by next year things could change : )
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE : ) : ) : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 11-15-2012 at 06:01 AM..
Old 11-15-2012, 05:59 AM   #15587
Mini Quack

Quote:
I hate it for my mom, but I'm really ok with it for us. It will be nice to spend the day at home for a change.

Oh, I hope that ya'll have a wonderful, wonderful time!! What a blessing to have everyone there.
yes ...I keep telling the girls I am ok, if they each want to do Christmas in their own homes I understand, I will go to both of their homes... I am not sure yet how it will go, but I have a feeling we will all be here...

I am proud that they learned and remembered the part about family being important while growing up ...

I am blessed, but I do not want then to make scarifices for me ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 06:56 AM   #15588
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
lol I think you are so right...Once I start decorating or actually shopping I will be in the mood...
I did order Faith 2 books ~ one is a recordable Twas the night before Christmas I cannot wait for her to open it and hear grammas voice ~ the other is a Mickey book with a small keyboard , she loves music ~

Thanks for the reminder. I bought one of these last year (should have bought 2 Argh!) After I get the house more Christmas-like, I'll sit by the tree one night and record it. The girls can share it this year. Maybe I can pick one up for Abby after the holidays.

Past that, I've not thought about what to get the girls for Christmas. Jeremy and Sue get their favorite cookies and a GC. I'm thinking to the Melting Pot. They love to go there but it isn't cheap.

But the little ones... haven't a clue. LOL

Adrian is getting her night light plush penquin for her birthday. She's been wanting one since March.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:59 AM   #15589
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell, I know you'll be cool with whatever Mom decides. I also know that you will enjoy the day so much more if Becky is not part of the equation. As I recall, you came away last year with one of your headaches. May this year be pain free. Hugs!
Old 11-15-2012, 07:01 AM   #15590
Stazon Splitcoast

Once you're settled in, Dody, hopefully you'll start back on your albums for the kids and that will get you back in the paper groove. I understand wanting to wait until after the holidays.

Keep in mind, things like that go on sale in January as part of the Tax/ Office organization time of year. Great time to compare prices.

Furniture stores also start having good sales in February to prey on tax refunds hehe
Old 11-15-2012, 08:54 AM   #15591
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Thanks for the reminder. I bought one of these last year (should have bought 2 Argh!) After I get the house more Christmas-like, I'll sit by the tree one night and record it. The girls can share it this year. Maybe I can pick one up for Abby after the holidays.

Past that, I've not thought about what to get the girls for Christmas. Jeremy and Sue get their favorite cookies and a GC. I'm thinking to the Melting Pot. They love to go there but it isn't cheap.

But the little ones... haven't a clue. LOL

Adrian is getting her night light plush penquin for her birthday. She's been wanting one since March.
I got this one from Lakeside Collections Online only 12.95 I was happy with that ... She loves to hear me on the phone so I thought this was pretty cool plus you know my babies all get that book just a grandma thing : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #15592
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
morning!

Maggie, I really want the bedrooms painted first. I don't care about color on the sewing room walls yet. The pictures & all do make it feel like MY place tho. As for curtain, I will put up my sheers at some point, I have white wooden blinds in all windows so no hurry there either. About the table/desk....we have Ashley & Hudson furniture stores here but I didn't see anything that I liked. There is an Ikea in Orlando so I might try there after the new year. If I didn't have so much invested in this craft I could be talked into giving it up so I kinda hate putting even more money into the pit. Whatever I decide on will have to be able to be used for another purpose if I do decide to scrap the scraping
Yikes! I can't even imagine giving it up! Of course you do have your sewing to keep you busy and use those creative juices.

They announced the other day the new class for Copics in 2013! It's a 2-day class and I can't wait to find out where the class is going to be close to me so I can sign up. They'll also have an optional round-table get together after the end of the class for anyone who wants to stick around and talk with the instructor.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 10:26 AM   #15593
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yes, it is sad when the kids grow up and have families of their own and we have to share them with the other families. It took us quite a number of years to get us all together for Christmas, but that finally happened. When I was talking to my DD in CA the other night, she reminded me that she wants to come here for Thanksgiving one year since it's such a big family affair here and she wants to be a part of it. I wish they could come sooner, but after the move, they have heavy financial obligations to deal with.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 10:28 AM   #15594
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It is sad. I'm not putting myself through what we went through last year, though. I hate Thanksgiving, anyway. We'll just make the best of it and have a great day with my little family.

I'm trying to make it as easy as possible for my mom. If she feels like she needs to be up there with them, I want her to go. I would surely love to have her here, though...
It is good to have family together, but not when it brings contention along with it. It's good also to be low-keyed. Salmon burgers sounds good too!

I hope your mom doesn't feel the pressure or feel disloyal to one or the other of you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #15595
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm sure they will all enjoy their gifts. I was looking at Wish Lists on Amazon this morning trying to get an idea of what to get for some of the family. Oh, and I put a few things on my wish list too.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 11:08 AM   #15596
Mini Quack

Quote:
Yikes! I can't even imagine giving it up! Of course you do have your sewing to keep you busy and use those creative juices.

They announced the other day the new class for Copics in 2013! It's a 2-day class and I can't wait to find out where the class is going to be close to me so I can sign up. They'll also have an optional round-table get together after the end of the class for anyone who wants to stick around and talk with the instructor.
Well that sounds like something that you will totally enjoy

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #15597
First To Quack

Home! and soooo broke! We spent $325 on food alone...yikes and I still hope it's enough! With Stef's crew here for a week & Justin & Liz popping in when they can it will add up. Of course after thursday there will be lots of leftovers

It's doubtful I will ever totally give up the paper crafting but remember I have been sewing since I was in 7th grade, and seriously sewing since high school. I did take a long break but it feels right to me to be behind the sewing machine. Card making is just plain fun to put something together in a short period of time is a joy I need that quick creative flow sometimes but I doubt I put much more $$$ into it. On the other hand I scoped out the local quilt shop today, big disappointment. It's a very small store, very overcrowded. I'll go there for thread or a quick "I need this now!" but I'll find better not too far away. Also the quilt guild is a bummer, they cut off membership at 150 & have a waiting list. oh well, when it's meant to be it will happen.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #15598
First To Quack

Also got our new passports sent in today, why I'm not sure...I sure don't plan on traveling out of the country!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #15599
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Home! and soooo broke! We spent $325 on food alone...yikes and I still hope it's enough! With Stef's crew here for a week & Justin & Liz popping in when they can it will add up. Of course after thursday there will be lots of leftovers

It's doubtful I will ever totally give up the paper crafting but remember I have been sewing since I was in 7th grade, and seriously sewing since high school. I did take a long break but it feels right to me to be behind the sewing machine. Card making is just plain fun to put something together in a short period of time is a joy I need that quick creative flow sometimes but I doubt I put much more $$$ into it. On the other hand I scoped out the local quilt shop today, big disappointment. It's a very small store, very overcrowded. I'll go there for thread or a quick "I need this now!" but I'll find better not too far away. Also the quilt guild is a bummer, they cut off membership at 150 & have a waiting list. oh well, when it's meant to be it will happen.
Sounds like my last bill when I went to Costco, but then I bought a lot of extra stuff for food storage and non perishables.

I learned to sew when I was young and in school also, but I wasn't that crazy about it even though I made my own clothes and things for my girls when they were little. I actually still have a cape I made when I was in HS! It's reversible and has a leopard print corduroy on one side and a fuzzy fabric on the other side. I'm thinking I need to get it out and take it to the cleaners just to freshen it up. I also need to sew a couple new buttons on it. Can you believe it's 50 years old! It's almost an antique.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-15-2012, 11:44 AM   #15600
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Also got our new passports sent in today, why I'm not sure...I sure don't plan on traveling out of the country!
You never know and they are good for identification for other reasons also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts