Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6180Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #15401
First To Quack

Today I am turning my back on unpacked boxes! We have unpacked & recycled 135 boxes now...still more to go thru. I did make a gaint 'pillowcase' to cover the thin twin matterest Landen uses when he's here. I had some John Deere flannel I thought he would love & then used yellow striped flannel for the other side. Turned out very well, cozy! I don't know which I enjoy more; getting a great deal on fabric or finding a great use for that fabric The John Deere I got at the quilt store garage sale, very cheap! The yellow was last year's black friday .99 a yard sale from JoAnns. Perfect!

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #15402
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Dody I often wonder what others have seen that I have not just as what I have lived and they have not... In my 60 years I have seen so much, but still would love to see so much more ... I am a people watcher and I love to "wonder" what some one has lived and loved... I hope we both get to see a few more of those things on our list every day I try to remember to appreciate all I see ... kind of like my ability to walk...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 11-11-2012, 09:29 AM   #15403
Mini Quack

Wow windy windy windy here ...both girls had to go to town for one reason or another...I decided to stay home,
I was silly and stayed up til 1:00 am watching Hallmark movies, so I am just on low energy today...

I have pulled an image for Mary lous card, took a nice hot bath and soaked did a load of laundry and did dishes ( left from last night since my hot water tank blew out ) Keith came and lit it at 9:00 last night ...

I think I will eat and curl up with a book maybe even take a nap at some point I think it is a perfect day to have a LAZY DAY...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-11-2012, 10:36 AM   #15404
First To Quack

Any time you stay up past midnight you need a nap, IMO!!! I am LOVING my lazy day! I put on my shows that I DVRed last week & *drum roll* picked up my bed quilt again! whoohoo!!! I actually got a good bit done. Since Bud has the paint for the bedroom already I best get my act together soon!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-11-2012, 10:38 AM   #15405
First To Quack

Believe it or not we slept almost 11 hours last night!! That was a first for us!!! In 40 years we have never slept that long, both of us. Maybe one of us when sick or in the hospital but this was just flat worn out tired for us.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-11-2012, 03:04 PM   #15406
Mini Quack

It has been a lazy day I did make a list for ebay after checking a few things out... I check ebay before I put it up on the online garage sale Then I watched some more Hallmark movies and talked to the boys for a while... now they are gone, and I have had a little something to eat So I will head back to my chair... grab my book

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-11-2012, 03:23 PM   #15407
Quacker Stamper

Hi Quackers. Been a busy day here trying to get cards done. I did put my card that I made from Shell's envelope on the Monthly Challenge thread but haven't gotten it uploaded to my gallery yet.

My DD just came over to bring me the GC's that I purchased through my DGD's school. They get a % of the card to put in her Choir trip fund. And I just ordered some more. I'll probably be doing this every 2 weeks until the end of the school year to help her out. The GC's are for things I use anyway - like gasoline and HEB Grocery Store - also Whole Foods plus some others I'm buying for Christmas gifts.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 11-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #15408
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Williamsfield school sports "name " is Bombers So this years players and cheerleaders all go , they play a short period of each type of game. basketball, volley ball etc and the cheerleaders are introduced too

I usually go, but Randy did not think he would stay long and I was not sure K & K had room in the van ~ they normally do, but some times they give another kid a ride or I just did not want Randy to feel obligated to staying , he was super tired after his drive home from Indy today...I hear he took a nap here
...and I was tense like I said from the drive in the dark and needed to eat so I stayed home
That sounds like an interesting activity. Probably best to have stayed at home under those circumstances.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:27 PM   #15409
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Maggie, glad you were okay. That happened to me years ago but I wasn't watching & the car just stopped running...in the middle of no where. I was taking Jen to church camp, way before cell phones. I had to roll to a church parking lot & asked at a nearby house to use their phone. Since it was long distance I left her a five. It was a mess getting Bud to help me, while having 3 kids in the back seat worring. But God was with me too & all was well that ended well. I give you big credit for noticing!
I asked the service guy about why the "check engine" light did not come on. He told me that with this car by the time the light would have come on if it had one, that it would have been too late. The engine would have been fried. That was my fear too that if they couldn't fix it, what was I going to do. I would have had to call my DD so she could have called a car rental place to come pick me up and would have had to leave my car there. I was very anxious.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #15410
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Soni, I agree with you; I hate driving after dark. My vision is just terrible at night. Now that the days are so short is really makes getting things done early important.
I should get a pair of those yellow sunglasses. It's not that I can't see, it's the bright headlights coming at me that I don't like, but I used to have a pair of yellow tinted sunglasses that I wore at night and it would diminish the brightness so I could see better.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:30 PM   #15411
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
Went to Madison yesterday, met another SCSer for lunch at Olive Garden. We were there almost 3hrs. Food was delicious, but the conversation was better. Left there, then ran to get oil changed and groceries. Home and just threw groceries into fridge and cupboards - too tired to worry about locations. But managed to put everything away in the proper place, no fridge foods in the cupboard.

Actually sat and watched TV for awhile last night. Went to bed at usual time, but managed to sleep an extra hour this morning - thank you to my little gals for letting me. But, now I've run out of energy already. Still have dishes to do and want to get the remaining boxes in out of the garage, hoping to get the furniture into the house too, but don't see that happening today. Looks like rain has started.

Was going to make a ham and cheesy potatoes for supper tonight but just doesn't sound good right now. Think I'll make some Hamburger Chow Mein with rice instead - hungry for that.
Glad you were able to get out and have a fun time with a friend.

Nice that you were able to sleep in this morning. I don't see any of those in my future for awhile.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:32 PM   #15412
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
My son put up his Christmas tree last Tuesday. It's upstairs in his bedroom in front of the big window toward the street. He's been turning it on when he's up there. Of course, with him working at Wal-Mart, he's been seeing & hearing Christmas for over a month now. But still ...
I think that is really cool that your son wants his own tree. I didn't think that most guys would care. I think I'm about ready for it, so I'll be glad when Thanksgiving gets here and I can start playing my music. Not sure how much decorating I'm going to do this year.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #15413
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I agree Dody, Christmas is different in Florida, as well as other Southern states ...tho I complain about the cold, I am not sure how much I would enjoy Christmas in those warmer temperatures and sunshine... Of course I still live in the " Christmas is for kids " mode, so SNOW is important lol
Well, I don't think it's that much different here. It still gets cold usually, although we don't usually have snow. Maybe I've just aclimated myself to our weather here. I enjoy Christmas just as much here as I did up North, although sometimes I miss going Christmas shopping in downtown Philadelphia with the silver bells on the street corners and all the department stores all decorated and lights everywhere.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:35 PM   #15414
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Today I am turning my back on unpacked boxes! We have unpacked & recycled 135 boxes now...still more to go thru. I did make a gaint 'pillowcase' to cover the thin twin matterest Landen uses when he's here. I had some John Deere flannel I thought he would love & then used yellow striped flannel for the other side. Turned out very well, cozy! I don't know which I enjoy more; getting a great deal on fabric or finding a great use for that fabric The John Deere I got at the quilt store garage sale, very cheap! The yellow was last year's black friday .99 a yard sale from JoAnns. Perfect!
Wow! That sure is a lot of boxes. Were they small ones??? Your mattress pillow case sounds like it's really cute. Great finds and a fabulous use.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:37 PM   #15415
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Wow windy windy windy here ...both girls had to go to town for one reason or another...I decided to stay home,
I was silly and stayed up til 1:00 am watching Hallmark movies, so I am just on low energy today...

I have pulled an image for Mary lous card, took a nice hot bath and soaked did a load of laundry and did dishes ( left from last night since my hot water tank blew out ) Keith came and lit it at 9:00 last night ...

I think I will eat and curl up with a book maybe even take a nap at some point I think it is a perfect day to have a LAZY DAY...
After I finished up my PSC card, I started working on a card for Mary Lou. I'm using an old retired SU stamp set. So far I really like the image and I picked out the papers to use. Now I just need to put the card together.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:38 PM   #15416
Quacker Stamper

I need to go make an oatmeal casserole for breakfasts for this week. Then I'll get back to my card making.

I'm going to visit my GF that has the cleaning lady on Wednesday, so I'm going to ask her about it then. See if she knows if the lady would still like another job.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-11-2012, 03:54 PM   #15417
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
After I finished up my PSC card, I started working on a card for Mary Lou. I'm using an old retired SU stamp set. So far I really like the image and I picked out the papers to use. Now I just need to put the card together.
I am excited to see some of the cards... I know she will love them all

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #15418
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Wow! That sure is a lot of boxes. Were they small ones??? Your mattress pillow case sounds like it's really cute. Great finds and a fabulous use.
It was a mix of small, med, a few large & a few extra large. The smalls were all of the heavy stuff like books.

I don't think I answered your question earlier about what color green paint we used. Sometimes it looks like Old Olive & sometime it looks like Mellow Moss...depending on the light.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #15419
Total Quack

Hi.

Old 11-11-2012, 05:04 PM   #15420
Total Quack

Eventually, I may try to read back and catch up a little, but it is surely not happening tonight.

We are driving home tomorrow. It's been a wonderful couple of weeks. Don't want it to end, but without an ending, we can't have another beginning.

Old 11-12-2012, 04:29 AM   #15421
First To Quack

Shell, I am so happy for your family that everything went so well. yes, it wouldn't be special if it didn't end. I bet 75% or more of the world world think living our daily life is a dream. Safe travels today!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-12-2012, 04:33 AM   #15422
First To Quack

I guess we have someone coming today to move a toilet. They put it too close to the sink. When we were walking thru the unfinished house we saw "move over 6 inches" written on the cement. They didn't then but will have to now but yikes what a mess it will be! The tile will have to be broken, the cement will have to be dug up to move plumbing, glad I am not doing it!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-12-2012, 05:18 AM   #15423
Mini Quack

Quote:
I guess we have someone coming today to move a toilet. They put it too close to the sink. When we were walking thru the unfinished house we saw "move over 6 inches" written on the cement. They didn't then but will have to now but yikes what a mess it will be! The tile will have to be broken, the cement will have to be dug up to move plumbing, glad I am not doing it!
oh I am sorry for the mess and in-convienance... but glad you can be sure it is taken care of properly ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #15424
Mini Quack

I woke up to 25 degrees out side... sure a big difference from the weekend,
I wish I had taken care of a couple of out side tasks ...

Oh well the sun is shining and it is yo warm up to mid 40's over the next couple of days : ) I can live with that

typical Monday here, laundry, clean a bit make a card or two... finish a few pages in a book, I am wishing I had a roast, it sure would taste good on this chilly day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 05:22 AM   #15425
Mini Quack

Quote:
Shell, I am so happy for your family that everything went so well. yes, it wouldn't be special if it didn't end. I bet 75% or more of the world world think living our daily life is a dream. Safe travels today!
what she said

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #15426
Quacker Stamper

Welcome home Shell. Glad you had a fabulous trip.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #15427
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It was a mix of small, med, a few large & a few extra large. The smalls were all of the heavy stuff like books.

I don't think I answered your question earlier about what color green paint we used. Sometimes it looks like Old Olive & sometime it looks like Mellow Moss...depending on the light.
Sounds very pretty. Would love to see photos when you're done with it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-12-2012, 05:30 AM   #15428
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh my! What a mess and hassle that will be. Makes you wonder about these construction people. why didn't they just do it right the first time?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-12-2012, 05:31 AM   #15429
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I woke up to 25 degrees out side... sure a big difference from the weekend,
I wish I had taken care of a couple of out side tasks ...

Oh well the sun is shining and it is yo warm up to mid 40's over the next couple of days : ) I can live with that

typical Monday here, laundry, clean a bit make a card or two... finish a few pages in a book, I am wishing I had a roast, it sure would taste good on this chilly day
We're in the 50's right now and only supposed to warm up into the mid 60's and to get cold tonight into the 30's. Brrrrrrrrrrrrr...........
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-12-2012, 05:32 AM   #15430
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. typical work day here except we have mediation today so that means you know what!!!!!!!

I need to get around and visit some blogs today and leave some comments on cards.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 11-12-2012, 05:55 AM   #15431
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Hi ladies~

Went out of town for a retreat last week.

Can I leave again? LOL

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 11-12-2012, 05:56 AM   #15432
First To Quack

Maggie, I am sorry I have not got pictures on here yet. I will try to today.

The plumber was here already & moved the hole a good 3 inches...looks more centered now. Now the tile guy has to come fix the tile the the plumber will be back tomorrow to put the toilet back in. Hardly took any time or mess.hmmm, at lease this guy know what he's doing.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-12-2012, 05:57 AM   #15433
First To Quack

Brrr, Soni!!! that's cold!! It's lovely here, just the perfect temp.

I guess I'm stalling...I do have things to do...just don't want to!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 11-12-2012, 06:29 AM   #15434
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Hi ladies~

Went out of town for a retreat last week.

Can I leave again? LOL

I hope everyone is doing well.
you sure can if you take me with you : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 06:30 AM   #15435
Mini Quack

Quote:
Maggie, I am sorry I have not got pictures on here yet. I will try to today.

The plumber was here already & moved the hole a good 3 inches...looks more centered now. Now the tile guy has to come fix the tile the the plumber will be back tomorrow to put the toilet back in. Hardly took any time or mess.hmmm, at lease this guy know what he's doing.
wow sounds great now lets hope the "tile" man is that good

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 06:32 AM   #15436
Mini Quack

Quote:
Brrr, Soni!!! that's cold!! It's lovely here, just the perfect temp.

I guess I'm stalling...I do have things to do...just don't want to!
uh, gee could that be why I am here again???

well my floors are clean, now I just need to go take care of me ... but I am just not in any hurry ...yep a typical Monday here

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 11-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #15437
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

hi all.....

Dody....wow, that was fast...and not much mess. Lucky you! Hopefully the tile guy will be the same.

Maggie....yes...it was chilly this morning here. I think we had 32* for the low. I brought my plants in to the garage. It stays about 10* warmer in there. I only brought 4 pots in this time. The rest were further in the yard...and heavy. I have a feeling that some of those plants didn't make it this summer. But, it's hard to tell with the vines from my "volunteer" hyacinth vine. I didn't plant that this year...but, some of those stray pods came up on their own. I'm just going to leave them. I will have to pull the vine down once it's dry. But, the purple pods with the seeds look so pretty with the green leaves right now.

Soni...you were pretty cold this morning.
Old 11-12-2012, 06:46 AM   #15438
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Quote:
you sure can if you take me with you : )

Gladly!

Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #15439
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We have our road torn up. This isn't the road right in front of the house...it is the one we use to get to the house....sort of a main road for our town. I didn't realize how many people use it as a short cut to the freeway! Anyway, I was off yesterday to meet the girls I stamp with. As I was leaving...getting to the stop sign I saw a black Mercedes go by...and then was doing a U-turn right in front of the "road closed" sign. We've had a flashing sign up for 2 weeks saying that the road would be closed starting Nov 6. I waited to see what this car was doing. Well, the lady (probably in her late 70's-early 80's) waves at me. So, I put the window down. She is very dressed up. She asks if she takes my road if it will get her to the freeway. I said no..that it was a dead end street. There is a sign that says dead end right next to her. But, then we have 3 signs to tell you that....I guess we have a need! Anyway, I told her that she could follow me to the stop that I was going to....at that point she would have to go right and get to another main road. She named the road...and I told her that was right. She asked again if she could take my road. I said that she could cut through the housing development....where she did the U-turn. She perked up with that idea. I told her to go left, then the 2nd right, then left and go straight...she would see the freeway. She then thanked me for taking the time to help. She did say that she uses our "torn" up road all the time for a short cut. Well, if that's the case....why didn't she notice the flashing sign? Or when she came that way to start with...she had to go around the sign that had a detour arrow....and a sign that said "no thru traffic". Hmmmm.....I guess signs are just a suggestion not a rule!
Old 11-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #15440
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Went to a craft fair at a high school yesterday. Oh gosh, it had been years since I had been to one. Believe it or not...I didn't buy a thing! The girls thought I was sick! Well, I wasn't feeling a 100%...so, that might have been some of it. But, part of it wasn't home made items....it was through a catalog. Because I get those catalogs! Some of it was ideas from Pinterest. Which to me is home made...but, one of the girls didn't like that. Which I don't see the difference there. But, some of the sewing items....a denim jacket with a country design (flag and star)....I have that pattern! So, I was glad to know that some of the things that I've kept are coming back in style! Yeah!