Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6242Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2012, 10:41 AM   #14681
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
returned some items to the hardware store and got a nice refund. That put a smile on my face. Now to start deciding on what to pack for the trip south.
YOU warm clothes smiles a mood to be ready for a hug or two or three ....

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #14682
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
The only piece of good news that came from the meeting is that the court date will be before the end of the year. Good thing I hadn't made any plans for monetary gain - according to his attorney and based on the pre-nup that was signed, as long as he signed the checks that made the payments on the big ticket items, they are his items - and that includes the car I am driving. So... may have to pay him for the car, like I can afford to do that!!!
You have GOT to be kidding! That's outrageous. Didn't you work during this time and contribute $$ to the family? That should surely count for something. Sure wouldn't be that way here in Texas.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-23-2012, 10:45 AM   #14683
Mini Quack

Quote:
thanks Shell, it is what it is. I didn't countor plan on receiving anything and for that I am not disappointed or financially stuck. I am not at all surprised with his attitude, but I am surprised that his attorney is supporting that attitude. Of course, it is his attorney and the attorney is being paid to represent him. I guess will just wait to see if Karma catches up with Larry and bites him hard.

I WILL survive - I have a host of wonderful friends and I know that God will not let me dwell too long on the negative before he give me a wake up call. So I am choosing to not dwell in negativity if I can avoid it.

I have a long-awaited weekend coming up. Plus I've made some plans for the next two weekends too. I'm meeting long-time friends for lunch - one on Nov 3rd and the other on Nov 10th. So more to anticipate.

I will continue to sell my unwanted craft supplies and set up my craft room. So all will be good, the extra money will be put toward replacing my roof and the lack of boxes with be a big step in de-cluttering my surroundings.
that a girl...just know you can and will be ok... his attitude is his problem, not yours any more... He knows you cannot afford to contest this, so he is just taking all he can... but in the end...it is his loss

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #14684
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
thanks Shell, it is what it is. I didn't countor plan on receiving anything and for that I am not disappointed or financially stuck. I am not at all surprised with his attitude, but I am surprised that his attorney is supporting that attitude. Of course, it is his attorney and the attorney is being paid to represent him. I guess will just wait to see if Karma catches up with Larry and bites him hard.

I WILL survive - I have a host of wonderful friends and I know that God will not let me dwell too long on the negative before he give me a wake up call. So I am choosing to not dwell in negativity if I can avoid it.

I have a long-awaited weekend coming up. Plus I've made some plans for the next two weekends too. I'm meeting long-time friends for lunch - one on Nov 3rd and the other on Nov 10th. So more to anticipate.

I will continue to sell my unwanted craft supplies and set up my craft room. So all will be good, the extra money will be put toward replacing my roof and the lack of boxes with be a big step in de-cluttering my surroundings.
You do have a good attitude about the whole situation. Sounds like some fun times getting together with friends.

So far my DD has sold 10 out of 17 stamp sets that she put on E-Bay for me. She still has a few listed and after they come home from their trip this weekend from CA, she'll get some more on there. I want to give her my Christmas and Valentine stamps that I'm not going to use. I think this is a good time for them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 10:49 AM   #14685
Mini Quack

just stopping in for a few minutes, I am going to go sot til time to go get Dustin and go get his hair cut... I have a quiet night planned...

Faith was so cute, we walked around Hobby Lobby, ( met Tammy there ) she she kept telling everyone hi... when we went to the cars, she reached for me... shook her head no to her mommy when she reached for her ... Oh I felt so bad...
Tammy just played it up, found a toy and won her back...
Tammy says that just shows Faith knows she is loved...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-23-2012, 11:03 AM   #14686
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Back from atty's office. No happy news.
You did have your own attorney, right? Hope it's something that can get worked out.

As a last resort, look at it the way I did my first husband. I just wanted out.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:09 AM   #14687
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
returned some items to the hardware store and got a nice refund. That put a smile on my face. Now to start deciding on what to pack for the trip south.
Sorry the news was not better but happy you can find something to keep you moving forward.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:11 AM   #14688
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
You do have a good attitude about the whole situation. Sounds like some fun times getting together with friends.

So far my DD has sold 10 out of 17 stamp sets that she put on E-Bay for me. She still has a few listed and after they come home from their trip this weekend from CA, she'll get some more on there. I want to give her my Christmas and Valentine stamps that I'm not going to use. I think this is a good time for them.
That is fabulous!!! Are you happy with the prices you got? Maybe I should think about doing some that way as well.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #14689
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
just stopping in for a few minutes, I am going to go sot til time to go get Dustin and go get his hair cut... I have a quiet night planned...

Faith was so cute, we walked around Hobby Lobby, ( met Tammy there ) she she kept telling everyone hi... when we went to the cars, she reached for me... shook her head no to her mommy when she reached for her ... Oh I felt so bad... Tammy just played it up, found a toy and won her back...
Tammy says that just shows Faith knows she is loved...
I love it!!! I loved when Alyssa & Landen would do that. I never felt bad, bahahahaha!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-23-2012, 11:15 AM   #14690
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Kelly!! A 4-page article!? How awesome is that!!!!! Excellent.
Thanks. I was surprised. I was thinking 3 at most... and only because of pictures.

I need to email a couple of companies today about 'donating' items for me to test market for the article.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #14691
First To Quack

who would have thought that only unpacking 5 boxes & washing every piece of china & crystal would feel like an easy day???? Ha! The dining room looks great and it was fun seeing all of my pretties again. I did tell Bud not to EVER buy me crystal again as a gift... I have more than enough.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-23-2012, 11:17 AM   #14692
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I think it is, it looks like a huge Japanese beetle.
Yep. I was looking at something to get rid of them. I was afraid they'd be a negative for Buddy and Trixie but found out that cattle farmers actually introduce them into their fields to cut down on the manure and keep the ground aerated for good grass growth. Who knew!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:20 AM   #14693
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

If they're in clean shape, think about using one of the Valentine sets for Blog Candy in Feb. Just a thought.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:22 AM   #14694
Stazon Splitcoast

I wanna see the house. Wish there was a trip to FL in my future.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:31 AM   #14695
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wasn't the pre nup for the business side of things??? oh this sure does not sound fair ...
that was my understanding, but the language did also list any personal property owned prior to the marriage, that would be the house. So even though I contributed, with no cancelled checks to prove contribution, there legally is no contribution - at least that's what I understand. The atty is checking in the tax return money question - to see if that would be considered a monetary contribution toward the pre-owned personal property. I'm not going to hold my breath.

It is what it is! It is a hard lesson learned, but at least I am quite close to getting this mess behind me. I am living comfortably, not with a whole lot of extra spending $$$, but my bills are paid (and on time), I have food in my house and I have a job. Will wait to see what happens with the car issue. I am hoping his atty counsels him to let the car issue go.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:45 AM   #14696
Stazon Splitcoast

I just walked out to my garage to bring in some boxes and found a little gray & white chihuahua laying dead in my garage. Poor little guy looks like he starved to death - all skin and bones. The doors are open to my garage, so he wasn't shut in there. It just makes me sick to my stomach that he may have suffered. Called Davina because I don't have a shovel to take care of him. She said that they fed and watered him a few days ago, but haven't seen him since. Said they tried to coax him into the garage for safety, but he ran off.

Old 10-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #14697
First To Quack

oh Sue, that's so sad about the dog. I'm sorry that you have to seal with that.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-23-2012, 12:19 PM   #14698
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That is fabulous!!! Are you happy with the prices you got? Maybe I should think about doing some that way as well.
I'm not sure even which sets she has sold so far or how much she's gotten for them. Some she sold Buy it Now and some were auctions. She's keeping track of all that, and we decided we'd divide it up each time it got to $100. She just keeps it in her PayPal account. I trust her and I know she does research on each one to see how they are selling.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #14699
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
You did have your own attorney, right? Hope it's something that can get worked out.

As a last resort, look at it the way I did my first husband. I just wanted out.
I can't afford an attorney, I'm paying for my mother's funeral that wasn't covered by insurance. That was almost $4000.

I doubt if it will get "worked out" - Larry is very greedy. He's even keeping stuff that was mine prior to the marriage because he said I "didn't take it with me" - well, it's really hard to get a 22cu ft chest freezer into the trunk of a car. Talk about making stupid remarks! Told his atty that too - said didn't have access to a truck or trailer on a full time basis, had to move most of my stuff with just the car.

I am looking at it with a positive spin - Karma does have a way of coming back to bite.

Old 10-23-2012, 12:20 PM   #14700
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks. I was surprised. I was thinking 3 at most... and only because of pictures.

I need to email a couple of companies today about 'donating' items for me to test market for the article.
That's a great opportunity for you. What kind of companies are you looking for?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 12:21 PM   #14701
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
who would have thought that only unpacking 5 boxes & washing every piece of china & crystal would feel like an easy day???? Ha! The dining room looks great and it was fun seeing all of my pretties again. I did tell Bud not to EVER buy me crystal again as a gift... I have more than enough.
LOL! I bet it looks really nice now all sparkley and clean.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 12:22 PM   #14702
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
If they're in clean shape, think about using one of the Valentine sets for Blog Candy in Feb. Just a thought.
I'll probably have something else by that time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 12:24 PM   #14703
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
that was my understanding, but the language did also list any personal property owned prior to the marriage, that would be the house. So even though I contributed, with no cancelled checks to prove contribution, there legally is no contribution - at least that's what I understand. The atty is checking in the tax return money question - to see if that would be considered a monetary contribution toward the pre-owned personal property. I'm not going to hold my breath.

It is what it is! It is a hard lesson learned, but at least I am quite close to getting this mess behind me. I am living comfortably, not with a whole lot of extra spending $$$, but my bills are paid (and on time), I have food in my house and I have a job. Will wait to see what happens with the car issue. I am hoping his atty counsels him to let the car issue go.
Do you have bank deposit slips that show your $$ going into your checking account from where he paid the bills?

Huh?????? I don't understand what paying federal taxes has to do with pre-owned personal property?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #14704
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I just walked out to my garage to bring in some boxes and found a little gray & white chihuahua laying dead in my garage. Poor little guy looks like he starved to death - all skin and bones. The doors are open to my garage, so he wasn't shut in there. It just makes me sick to my stomach that he may have suffered. Called Davina because I don't have a shovel to take care of him. She said that they fed and watered him a few days ago, but haven't seen him since. Said they tried to coax him into the garage for safety, but he ran off.
Oh, how sad.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 12:27 PM   #14705
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I can't afford an attorney, I'm paying for my mother's funeral that wasn't covered by insurance. That was almost $4000.

I doubt if it will get "worked out" - Larry is very greedy. He's even keeping stuff that was mine prior to the marriage because he said I "didn't take it with me" - well, it's really hard to get a 22cu ft chest freezer into the trunk of a car. Talk about making stupid remarks! Told his atty that too - said didn't have access to a truck or trailer on a full time basis, had to move most of my stuff with just the car.

I am looking at it with a positive spin - Karma does have a way of coming back to bite.
You should have him trade you $$ for the freezer.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 12:37 PM   #14706
Quacker Stamper

Sue, check this out. Also, there should also be a group there that has pro bono attorneys that can represent people who can't afford to pay for an attorney.

How does the court divide property? Most of a couple's property, including assets such as retirement interests, can be divided in a divorce. One exception is property received either as a gift from a third party or as an inheritance, although even gifts and inheritances may be divided in some circumstances.
If the couple can't agree on how to divide property, the court decides. The court starts with the presumption that equal division is fair and proper. But the court may alter this by considering:
  • the length of the marriage;
  • the property owned by either spouse when they married;
  • whether one spouse has substantial assets the court can't divide;
  • each spouse's contribution to the marriage;
  • each spouse's age and physical and emotional health;
  • one spouse's contribution to the increased earning power of the other;
  • each spouse's earning capacity;
  • the desirability of awarding the family home, or the right to live there, to the parent with primary placement of minor children;
  • tax consequences;
  • agreements of the spouses; and
  • any other factor the court finds relevant.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 01:03 PM   #14707
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Do you have bank deposit slips that show your $$ going into your checking account from where he paid the bills?

Huh?????? I don't understand what paying federal taxes has to do with pre-owned personal property?
we did not have a joint checking account to pay bills. Plus, I don't have receive my cancelled checks back from the bank, so I have no proof of payment for any purchases/improvements to his house.

I'm not talking about paying federal taxes, I'm talking about the joint federal and state tax refunds. For the years of 2003-2008, those return monies were used by Larry to make improvements to HIS house. My question for the atty was if those tax refund monies which were joint could be considered a monetary investment in his pre-owned personal property. If so, that would change the equitable division of any joint marital property because now the addition to the house and the addition to the garage would have to be taken into consideration for the division.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:06 PM   #14708
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
You should have him trade you $$ for the freezer.
I listed it as worth $50 and he argued that I "left it there" - can you imagine? But the big problem is that I have no one to move it either. So I may just be out.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:11 PM   #14709
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sue, check this out. Also, there should also be a group there that has pro bono attorneys that can represent people who can't afford to pay for an attorney.

How does the court divide property? Most of a couple's property, including assets such as retirement interests, can be divided in a divorce. One exception is property received either as a gift from a third party or as an inheritance, although even gifts and inheritances may be divided in some circumstances.
If the couple can't agree on how to divide property, the court decides. The court starts with the presumption that equal division is fair and proper. But the court may alter this by considering:
  • the length of the marriage;
  • the property owned by either spouse when they married;
  • whether one spouse has substantial assets the court can't divide;
  • each spouse's contribution to the marriage;
  • each spouse's age and physical and emotional health;
  • one spouse's contribution to the increased earning power of the other;
  • each spouse's earning capacity;
  • the desirability of awarding the family home, or the right to live there, to the parent with primary placement of minor children;
  • tax consequences;
  • agreements of the spouses; and
  • any other factor the court finds relevant.
but with a pre-nup agreement signed, this all changes is what I'm being told.

Old 10-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #14710
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
we did not have a joint checking account to pay bills. Plus, I don't have receive my cancelled checks back from the bank, so I have no proof of payment for any purchases/improvements to his house.

I'm not talking about paying federal taxes, I'm talking about the joint federal and state tax refunds. For the years of 2003-2008, those return monies were used by Larry to make improvements to HIS house. My question for the atty was if those tax refund monies which were joint could be considered a monetary investment in his pre-owned personal property. If so, that would change the equitable division of any joint marital property because now the addition to the house and the addition to the garage would have to be taken into consideration for the division.
You could still get copies of stuff from the bank even if they don't send them to you anymore. They keep them in digital form.

Well, that would be great! The tax refunds most certainly should be joint if you had income that was declared either on federal or state tax returns so you should be entitled to a portion of that. That sounds promising.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 01:31 PM   #14711
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That may be, but the judge might also take some of these other things into consideration. Pre-nups can be broken. I really wish you had a lawyer.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #14712
Mini Quack

Sue, I am so sorry for the way things were written and then even that turned into some thing that should not be...

and then to come home and find that...Oh just so sad... made a not good day much worse I am sure ... hugs

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-23-2012, 02:00 PM   #14713
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sue, I am so sorry for the way things were written and then even that turned into some thing that should not be...

and then to come home and find that...Oh just so sad... made a not good day much worse I am sure ... hugs
Just told Jason about the little guy in the garage - he's just as upset as I am. He would have taken out food and water and yep he agrees we would have penned him into the garage until we could have found the owner, a home or got him fattened up for the humane society.

Such a needless thing to have happened.

Jason is very agreeable to taking care of my girls over the weekend. He's actually going to pick up the ingredients for me on his way home from work tomorrow so that I don't have to make a special stop. He's right there at Wal-Mart and with his discount too.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:02 PM   #14714
Mini Quack

Quote:
well I do know when :they: know you cannot afford an attorney, that "they " will say many things figuring you will not know or find out the truth... I believe you only wanting your own things, and in fairness credit for your part of tax returns used to better HIS home ... I am with Maggie, I know the time element is here but there are good attorneys that take pro bono cases( it helps to build their credentails or status ) not just the "state related " help of attorneys...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-23-2012, 02:04 PM   #14715
Mini Quack

Quote:
Just told Jason about the little guy in the garage - he's just as upset as I am. He would have taken out food and water and yep he agrees we would have penned him into the garage until we could have found the owner, a home or got him fattened up for the humane society.

Such a needless thing to have happened.

Jason is very agreeable to taking care of my girls over the weekend. He's actually going to pick up the ingredients for me on his way home from work tomorrow so that I don't have to make a special stop. He's right there at Wal-Mart and with his discount too.
well that is great Sue... glad to hear there was some thing good in today

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-23-2012, 02:20 PM   #14716
Total Quack

Sue ... I really hope that things go better than expected with the court stuff. I'm sorry that you have to deal with it all, but really glad that you are going to still go this weekend. That will be very good for you.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:24 PM   #14717
Total Quack

I made Jaydin and Jonah pillowcases today. They wanted a 'soft' one like I made my mom (it was made out of very soft Mickey flannel). I put taggies on the trim of Jaydin's. She was so excited.

My friend that made her the pirate costume is meeting us for lunch on Thursday. She put snaps on the vest-thing part of the costume and is bringing that ....... AND she made Jaydin a Rapunzel outfit. Gracious ... that kid is so spoiled. I'm not telling Jaydin about the outfit or that we're meeting her that day. Another big surprise for Jaydin. I love surprising her. It's so much fun.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:30 PM   #14718
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That's a great opportunity for you. What kind of companies are you looking for?
right now storing of texture sheets. Of course I'm looking in the scrapbooking market as this article would give them a new audience so they might be more interested in 'donating'
Old 10-23-2012, 02:34 PM   #14719
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry for the issues, Sue but very happy your getting away. Wish I were joining you. If it were't for a writers meeting on sat I really don't want to miss, I'd have strongly considered it since Bob's home. Phewy! Safe trip kiddo! Hug Soni for me,
Old 10-23-2012, 02:36 PM   #14720
Stazon Splitcoast

Just realized the time. Guess I need to go throw supper together and do the dishes. In searching for texture sheet storage I found a thing similar to pinterest that apparently I'd signed up for. LOL So I got lost in the dark hole of Indulgy Will see you gals tomorrow. Sweet Dreams!