Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6769Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2012, 01:26 PM   #14441
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I have heard that making a lot of noise will scare them off, like banging pots. As long as you don't get between a mama & her baby or let's face it~ anywhere close they are more afraid of us. Our yard will be fenced tho!

that would be a good thing because your girls would not take kindly to that kind of visitor in their yard - terriers are very territorial.... ask me how I know

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #14442
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Quackers! I'm finally up.

I had a really nice time with my GF last night. Turned out that her DGD came to dinner with us. She had to get her to work between dinner and the show, so she came along with us which was no problem. She's a really sweet girl. The movie was a different experience. It was at a Studio Movie Grill. We didn't eat dinner there. Went to Panera Bread instead before the movie. She had said that it was too much for what they served - burgers and chicken fingers - that kind of stuff. The movie itself was just okay. Not something that I would have chosen to see if I had known more about it. It's really a teen type movie - Young kids in college and parts of it were a little much. The good part was that it was all about Acapella choirs. So the music part was pretty good.

My dinner at Panera though did not really agree with me. I had chicken noodle soup and 1/2 sandwich of turkey and cranberry panini. By the time I got home, my tummy was really upset. I went right to bed and tossed and dozed until about 2 when I ended up in the bathroom. I did feel better after that. Not having that at Panera again.
I don't think I've eaten a sandwich at Panera - I always order the broccoli cheddar soup. Now I see they have a chicken soup too - can't remember exactly what tho - maybe chicken and dumpling - anyway, the picture is enough to make my mouth water.

made another pot of chili today - Jason and I had it for lunch. He's gone uptown now because he has to help tend bar and I'm home alone. It's sooo quiet here. Very peaceful. Laundry is done, do need to wash a few dishes, but that may only take about 15min.

Davina and family are at Chad's sister's wedding. Beautiful day for a wedding, kind of chilly, but at least it's not raining like it has been for the past 3 days. Unfortunately it's not a truly happy occasion for Chad's family. Chad's grandpa died on the 11th and then Chad's step-father passed away on the 18th. Not really a step-father, but the man and Chad's mother have been together for about 16yrs so might as well be. Also Davina lost her uncle on the 12th (my ex's BIL). This has not been a good 4 months for our family - hoping to make it through the end of the year without losing any more family. 2013 will be better!!!

Old 10-20-2012, 02:25 PM   #14443
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
They did call us twice to tell us that they didn't have enough orders to put it in yet. Since it was $16 and we actually wanted it, I am happy it came. I just put it in the frig & will move all of the frig stuff on wednesday when it can go straight into a cold frig up there. Another funny is most of the frig stuff is getting used up except beer Bud had bought a case of beer for his bird count but then got sick. He went to bed and no one else drank his beer....so I have a lot of beer.

you could always find recipes to cook with it, how about beer bread to go with the potato soup. I have a really good recipe to use beer to make porkchops with brown sugar and ketchup.

Do you remember when we used to use beer to rinse our hair when we shampooed?

Old 10-20-2012, 03:02 PM   #14444
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
I remember when my washer took a dive and I had to run my laundry over to my Mom's - she charged me for doing my laundry there. I was floored!!! She actually sat down and figured out how much electricity and water I used and then handed me a bill. Needless to say, from then on I went to the laundromat where at least I could get all the loads done at the same time. Some people are just better "mom's" than others.
My older brother did something like that to my sister when she went to visit him a number of years ago. I don't know if he actually figured it up, but told them they needed to pay him so much for electric, water, and whatever else utilities for while they were there. I think they stayed at his house for a week. We couldn't believe it. But all the times that they came down here and stayed with my sister over Thanksgiving and they never charged him anything! This is the brother that I don't really get along with.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-20-2012, 03:06 PM   #14445
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I don't think I've eaten a sandwich at Panera - I always order the broccoli cheddar soup. Now I see they have a chicken soup too - can't remember exactly what tho - maybe chicken and dumpling - anyway, the picture is enough to make my mouth water.

made another pot of chili today - Jason and I had it for lunch. He's gone uptown now because he has to help tend bar and I'm home alone. It's sooo quiet here. Very peaceful. Laundry is done, do need to wash a few dishes, but that may only take about 15min.

Davina and family are at Chad's sister's wedding. Beautiful day for a wedding, kind of chilly, but at least it's not raining like it has been for the past 3 days. Unfortunately it's not a truly happy occasion for Chad's family. Chad's grandpa died on the 11th and then Chad's step-father passed away on the 18th. Not really a step-father, but the man and Chad's mother have been together for about 16yrs so might as well be. Also Davina lost her uncle on the 12th (my ex's BIL). This has not been a good 4 months for our family - hoping to make it through the end of the year without losing any more family. 2013 will be better!!!
They had chicken noodle at this one. Was very good.

I"m so sorry about all the losses in your families here lately. Yes, I hope you can get through the rest of the year without any more.

I went by mom's gravesite this afternoon to put some new flowers on it. Glad I did cause the ones on there were not in such good condition and not the ones I put on there the last time. I think one of my nieces and grand nieces went a month or so ago. It's going to be 15 years since she passed on November 2. And she would have been 97 in February next year.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-20-2012, 03:10 PM   #14446
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
ah well my machines came with a chart to explain the weight of things...like how many big towels or pairs of jeans or what size bedspread equaled how much weight... that made it easy for me ...

with just me , I guess I will not need to worry about a bigger machine, my loads are not very big these days
I'm with you there. I only do about 2 loads per week. One week it's light colors and undies/towels and then the next week it's dark colors and bedding.

Oh my, my fire whistle is going off here in town - that means there's not enough fire people responding to their pagers. So when the whistle goes off, even people who aren't on the department start responding too. Yikes!!! Just heard the neighbor two house over go screaming out of his driveway. Chad, Davina and Cody are at the wedding so that's 2 firemen that won't be there and the EMTs always have to respond too in case of injuries.

Old 10-20-2012, 03:11 PM   #14447
Quacker Stamper

Good evening Quackers.

I had a good day today. We have a really good turnout for our women's Simple Saturday event at church this morning. Only 2 that said they would be there didn't show up. I didn't get a chance to do my 2 crafts, but I brought the stuff home. The girl only brought black paint to paint the candlesticks and I decided I would like mine to be stained, so I didn't do those. After being stained and sealed, you glue a mason jar on the stop and fill it full of candy or whatever you want. Put a ribbon around the lid and decorate if you want to. They are really cute. I got 3 so I'm thinking that I'll make one for each of the girls for Christmas. Then they made those tile coasters. I got the coasters, but didn't have time to do those either so I brought those home to finish. I spent my time working on the Halloween cards that we are giving to a children's hospital. I had 2 ladies helping me and the 2 daughters of one of the ladies. I did most of the stamping and they did the gluing. I did take a bunch of pictures on my cell phone, so I need to get them off of there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #14448
Quacker Stamper

Just finished up dinner - had leftover chicken and some frozen veggies.

About time to go take a shower and then work on my card for {Pin}spirational Challenge.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-20-2012, 03:25 PM   #14449
Stazon Splitcoast

I just drowned a huge spider in my bathtub. It was easy 2" from tip of leg to tip of leg. Yikes!! I've never seen one that big in my house, outside yes, but not in the house.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:05 PM   #14450
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I don't think I've told you guys that I'm planning a trip to Minnesota next September to Scrap Fest at Mall of America! I'm so excited. Not sure if I can talk Soni and Kelly into going. It's the Paper Bloggers Group that we blog with. Vikki Jo is in the group now too and we'll probably meet up with her also at some point even if she doesn't go to the Scrap Fest. I'm super excited about getting out again and meeting up with people that I chat with.

really???? that's only about 2-3hrs from me.

Old 10-20-2012, 04:37 PM   #14451
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
really???? that's only about 2-3hrs from me.
Well, great! Come and join us. I'm trying to get Soni and Kelly to come. Soni thinks that Mama Sue may come and Vikki Jo is planning to come also plus some of the ladies that we blog with.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-20-2012, 04:54 PM   #14452
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Glad Mike came down and Tammy got a break. Though I have my own thoughts of why
yes those thoughts are some what true... but Tammy is very strong,,,
lets say he was very quiet to learn that Tammy was POA of financial and personal as well as medical... and he actually saw where Tammy has been made beneficiary...and Mikes name removed on insurance
he is being considerate of the girls, and helping as long as he is good with the girls I am fine
but I think this is a very hard thing for him... Tammy says he seems lost at times... he did not have a wonderful relationship with either parent...for that I am sorry...

but more importantly, Don is much more at Peace... and once again is alert and knows everyone and responding well So I think this was a very needed visit for both of them...I am sorry Mike had to see his dad so bad the first day...but I believe he needed to ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 10-20-2012, 04:57 PM   #14453
Mini Quack

Quote:
oh what a great time for her! I loved Homecoming! pictures please!
Krista put one on Facebook we were late getting next door so mine are limited... they were rushed so I am not sure how mine are... I will say she looked so beautiful... It is so hard to see her and know how Wally would have been so proud... I do not think it will ever get any easier...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #14454
Mini Quack

Quote:
Finally able to get on SCS today - for some reason it had kicked out my sign-on and password.

So off to catch up on what I've missed.
that happened to me the other day multiple times ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 PM   #14455
Mini Quack

Quote:
won't be long, she will be walking and then you can start chasing cause I bet she is going to be a go getter
yes I agree she will stand for very long periods of time... and she loves to hold hands and walk...her mommy is going to have her hands full

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 PM   #14456
First To Quack

Quote:
that would be a good thing because your girls would not take kindly to that kind of visitor in their yard - terriers are very territorial.... ask me how I know
oh, sounds like a story here! do tell!

BTW, a neighbor got a video of the bear walking around the neighborhood about 1am last week! I saw it & it's a goos size fellow

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #14457
Mini Quack

Sue it was great to see you here,,,so sorry for all Davina has been thru... hope you have a good week...

Maggie, the crafts all sound great...maybe you can share pics...

Kel, glad you are enjoying time with Sue & Jeremy and the girls...

Dody so how does it feel to really be in your new home ?? like a dream come true??

Tammy was here today to see Faith and she got to see Ali get ready... but then she got a call, and Mike needed help, his dad wanted to get up, or needed to I should say

Faith was so happy to see her... and cried after she left... breaks my heart...I think Tammy had planned to stay here overnight with Faith...I am sad she did not get to...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 PM   #14458
Mini Quack

Quote:

BTW, a neighbor got a video of the bear walking around the neighborhood about 1am last week! I saw it & it's a goos size fellow
Hi Dody did you go see the pic on Face book??

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 05:12 PM   #14459
First To Quack

Quote:
Krista put one on Facebook we were late getting next door so mine are limited... they were rushed so I am not sure how mine are... I will say she looked so beautiful... It is so hard to see her and know how Wally would have been so proud... I do not think it will ever get any easier...
I saw it! Ali really is so pretty. Yes, I know how proud Wally is & will always be of his baby girl.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #14460
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Is any one else having problems with not being able to log in? or being kept logged in???

I just had to reset my password again it kicked me out and would not use the pssword ir gave me this morning or the one I changed it too ...AARRGGHHHH
I had the same problem for almost a week - couldn't figure out what the problem was... even Beate couldn't figure it out. It went back and picked up my old email address for some weird reason.

Old 10-20-2012, 05:21 PM   #14461
First To Quack

Quote:
Sue it was great to see you here,,,so sorry for all Davina has been thru... hope you have a good week...

Maggie, the crafts all sound great...maybe you can share pics...

Kel, glad you are enjoying time with Sue & Jeremy and the girls...

Dody so how does it feel to really be in your new home ?? like a dream come true??Tammy was here today to see Faith and she got to see Ali get ready... but then she got a call, and Mike needed help, his dad wanted to get up, or needed to I should say

Faith was so happy to see her... and cried after she left... breaks my heart...I think Tammy had planned to stay here overnight with Faith...I am sad she did not get to...
It does, thank you! It really feels like home already. I put a few personal pictures up & that felt wonderful. Remember I have had no personal photos out for over 2 years...just not me at all!!! The girls are living in the Play Yard until I feel they know where they can & can not go. They feel secure in there so it works out well. I take them outside for a little walk about 4xdaily. Bud packed the cord to my camera so I can't upload any pictures yet. It's in his office...which has not been touched yet. He is working on the garage now. He got his car in there today but still has to work to get my car in. I carried in 24 Sterlite boxes full of decorations up to my craft room closet today. Sure wish I would have purged better!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-20-2012, 05:55 PM   #14462
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
We both get to spend time with our babies today
Sue and I are going shopping this morning. Then we'll come back here to carve jack o lanterns. Then tonight we'll go out to eat and take the girls trick or treating at the zoo. Going to be a very long day but full of memories.

Yippee for both of you!!! I hope you enjoyed your day.

Photography Site

Old 10-20-2012, 06:05 PM   #14463
Total Quack

Quote:
lets say he was very quiet to learn that Tammy was POA of financial and personal as well as medical... and he actually saw where Tammy has been made beneficiary...and Mikes name removed on insurance
he is being considerate of the girls, and helping as long as he is good with the girls I am fine
but I think this is a very hard thing for him... Tammy says he seems lost at times... he did not have a wonderful relationship with either parent...for that I am sorry...

but more importantly, Don is much more at Peace... and once again is alert and knows everyone and responding well So I think this was a very needed visit for both of them...I am sorry Mike had to see his dad so bad the first day...but I believe he needed to ...

That sounds like a very sobering experience for Mike. I hope it helps him understand. I'm really glad the girls have gotten a bit of a break.

Photography Site

Old 10-20-2012, 06:12 PM   #14464
Total Quack

Quote:

He gets a video of a bear walking around the neighborhood, and my only question is ... why was he outside at 1 AM?!

Photography Site

Old 10-20-2012, 06:20 PM   #14465
Total Quack

We spent the day shopping and gathering for our trip. We got a lot done. We met one of my best friends for lunch. She made Jaydin a pirate outfit for the cruise, and it is adorable!!! She also made a pair of pjs for Jaydin on pirate night. Jaydin loved the shirt so much that she wore it all day while we were shopping. LOL! It looks like a little dress honestly.

I ordered my dress for formal night tonight .... wanna see??

Venus Diamond Neck Satin & Lace Full A-Line Skirt Sun Dress Medium - Medium - Shop by Size - Dresses

I got the burgundy wine color. I'm hoping it fits and looks good.

I also finished all the plans I needed for my church kids through November. That takes a big load off. I might actually get to enjoy this trip after all.

Oh, I found the lace that Jaydin wanted on the bottom of her dress. I didn't have enough to go around, but got more tonight. So ... I'll actually, really finish that tomorrow.

Photography Site

Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 PM   #14466
Stazon Splitcoast

I think I'm going to call it a night. Got a few necessary chores done today. Got the window fixed for the front porch storm door and the weather stripping put up around the wooden front door - those should help with the heat loss. Have some items that were bought and not needed so will return those to the store and get refund. No boxes were sorted through, but I'm off on Tuesday and I can do it then. But first thing Tuesday morning is an appointment with Larry's attorney. It's a sit down in the attorney's office to go over the division of joint marital property. Be kind of curious to see what he shows as being in his possession and the value he places on those items.

Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #14467
Mini Quack

Quote:
I saw it! Ali really is so pretty. Yes, I know how proud Wally is & will always be of his baby girl.
Thanks Dody...
it sure is not getting any easier ....

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 PM   #14468
Mini Quack

Quote:
I had the same problem for almost a week - couldn't figure out what the problem was... even Beate couldn't figure it out. It went back and picked up my old email address for some weird reason.
I thought it was my computer maybe not ?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #14469
Mini Quack

Quote:
It does, thank you! It really feels like home already. I put a few personal pictures up & that felt wonderful. Remember I have had no personal photos out for over 2 years...just not me at all!!! The girls are living in the Play Yard until I feel they know where they can & can not go. They feel secure in there so it works out well. I take them outside for a little walk about 4xdaily. Bud packed the cord to my camera so I can't upload any pictures yet. It's in his office...which has not been touched yet. He is working on the garage now. He got his car in there today but still has to work to get my car in. I carried in 24 Sterlite boxes full of decorations up to my craft room closet today. Sure wish I would have purged better!
Oh but I bet it will all look so nice in your new home

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #14470
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
That sounds like a very sobering experience for Mike. I hope it helps him understand. I'm really glad the girls have gotten a bit of a break.
After Tammy left and drove all the way there...she found out grandpa did not really need her there... but she sat with Mike and went through some pictures... She was sad that she left Faith when shr really did not need to ...

yes I imagine this is all very different for Mike... I can only hope it all goes well... I do feel for him, loosing both parents is not easy... but not having a full life with them must be harder

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #14471
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
We spent the day shopping and gathering for our trip. We got a lot done. We met one of my best friends for lunch. She made Jaydin a pirate outfit for the cruise, and it is adorable!!! She also made a pair of pjs for Jaydin on pirate night. Jaydin loved the shirt so much that she wore it all day while we were shopping. LOL! It looks like a little dress honestly.

I ordered my dress for formal night tonight .... wanna see??

Venus Diamond Neck Satin & Lace Full A-Line Skirt Sun Dress Medium - Medium - Shop by Size - Dresses

I got the burgundy wine color. I'm hoping it fits and looks good.

I also finished all the plans I needed for my church kids through November. That takes a big load off. I might actually get to enjoy this trip after all.

Oh, I found the lace that Jaydin wanted on the bottom of her dress. I didn't have enough to go around, but got more tonight. So ... I'll actually, really finish that tomorrow.
that is very pretty

glad you found more lace

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 07:33 PM   #14472
Mini Quack

Quote:
I think I'm going to call it a night. Got a few necessary chores done today. Got the window fixed for the front porch storm door and the weather stripping put up around the wooden front door - those should help with the heat loss. Have some items that were bought and not needed so will return those to the store and get refund. No boxes were sorted through, but I'm off on Tuesday and I can do it then. But first thing Tuesday morning is an appointment with Larry's attorney. It's a sit down in the attorney's office to go over the division of joint marital property. Be kind of curious to see what he shows as being in his possession and the value he places on those items.
Well I hope that appointment goes ok... please let me know...

if you are worried about boxes remind me to show you my back room and basement too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-20-2012, 07:36 PM   #14473
Mini Quack

ok Krista picked up her laundry...Keiths dad and Vickie took them out to dinner and to the grocery store too... after Ali left...

Krista is a bit nervous...this is Ali's first time going any where outside of town with Donovan driving... they went into Galesburg to supper before the dance and lock in... another girls mom is bringing her home in the morning...

Faith was so tired tonight, she did not take an after noon nap... but mommy and Ali were here : ) so she has been asleep since 8:00 so I guess I should go to bed in case she wakes up ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-21-2012, 03:58 AM   #14474
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

Worked last night on my new bulletin board for R.S. I need to put up this morning. I made a bookworm. We have a new book called Daughters in my Kingdom published by the church for all the women in the church which is all about the women and Relief Society. We have a challenge to read a chapter a week, so we are using the bookworm to remind the sisters to be reading and I'm putting the chapter headings on it week by week so they'll know where they should be in their reading. At the end, we're going to have a get together and discuss it.

I've got to work on my {Pin}spirational card later when I get home and then after I get home from DD's having dinner there later.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-21-2012, 05:20 AM   #14475
Mini Quack

Happy Birthday Maggie I am so sorry your card is not mailed... I have been a bit busy this week with "little" things I will get it out soon I hope

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-21-2012, 05:29 AM   #14476
Mini Quack

Good Morning... Another early but pretty day here...Sun shine and temps in the 70's... Maybe Faith and I can get out side today...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-21-2012, 05:49 AM   #14477
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good Morning... Another early but pretty day here...Sun shine and temps in the 70's... Maybe Faith and I can get out side today...
Good morning, Soni. I haven't even raised the shade on the hotel room window yet to know what it's like. We have about an hour and a half before we pack up and head to Sue's for breakfast. We should be on the road home by 1 or so.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:02 AM   #14478
Mini Quack

it is still cool here but lots of SUN

I have Faith all fresh and clean
I hope to get Daisy that way too ...

enjoy what is left of your time and safe travels on the way home

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-21-2012, 06:32 AM   #14479
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

I want to say I'm sorry for Mike, and you know that is hard for me. I love Grandpa Don. Sadly, I also know this isn't really a wake-up call for Mike - not like it should be... and should have been a long time ago. My heart and blessings go to you and your girls.
Old 10-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #14480
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yes I agree she will stand for very long periods of time... and she loves to hold hands and walk...her mommy is going to have her hands full
LOL Abby wants no part of standing/ walking holding hands. She'll pull herself up and move around things a bit, but I think she's going to have a lazy streak. We'll see.

she is really smart like Adrian, though. she only has to see you do something a couple of times then she copies it.