Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6826Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2012, 11:26 AM   #13841
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
My blog is updated with the requested Gelato technique, I have the bed stripped, sheets/ pillows on the line. I'm finally ready to head outside to work on the fire starters. Though the wind ha picked up so not sure how this is going to work. May need that wax ready to poor just as soon as I sit them down on the table hehe. Will check in tonight, weather permitting.

really curious on how you make your fire starters. do you have a mold you use? what's the other ingredients besides wax?

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-07-2012, 12:02 PM   #13842
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I could have shared lots of dryer lint with you if I knew. This dryer makes lots & lots of lint. I had just read about using lint to start a fire instead of newspaper. Sounds like a great idea, of course I don't have a fireplace anymore we may get a fire pit for the back yard tho.

I'd like to get a free-standing outdoor thingy - not sure what they are called, but they have screening to prevent sparks. When I get my patio blocks down, then I could put it on them. I do enjoy a campfire and it may be years before I can go camping. Don't just want to dig a hole and line it with rocks though. I'm also curious about those fire starters.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:09 PM   #13843
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
OK Ali is delivered home...my tea is gone
I think I will go take the sheets off of my bed and put some flannel ones on, and my comforter... I might as well put my elec mattress cover on, tho I do not plan to use it yet lol but I will be all set ... I wanted a new comforter this year , I did find one I liked at Target, now to hope it is still there this week...

I plan on being home all day ...

So I may not hurry into any thing...lol
how much do those electric mattress covers run? I may think about getting one - even if I only use it on low. The main heat source for my bed isn't around anymore and my girls don't give off enough body heat to do much good. I really don't want an electric blanket because I tend to get them wrapped around my legs too easy - but maybe a nice heated mattress pad on low would do the trick, even if I only used it to warm the bed and then shut it off when I get in.
Now I need to think about something to help

Old 10-07-2012, 12:10 PM   #13844
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh, and I keep forgetting that Mom had flannel sheets for the bed - the girls will love those.

Old 10-07-2012, 12:18 PM   #13845
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I learned to make these in Girl Scouts and very 'green'. Cut toilet tissue rolls in 1/2 - so you hae 2 tubes. Stuff with dryer lint then stand on end and pour melted wax over them. I like to let one side set up then flip them over and pour from the bottom, too. The wax keeps them burning longer so the kindling has time to really catch.

I made 240. Still have about 400 tissue tubes to go but no dryer lint left.

what kind of wax are you using? could I use the leftover bits of candles? or do I need to use the wax - not sure the name, but used when making jelly

Old 10-07-2012, 01:51 PM   #13846
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
It is still sore....but, at least he was able to rub it last night with some icy hot. That seemed to help some. I was able to sleep last night. I was sore this morning. Not doing much today...for sure. We do need to go to the other house....but, I won't be working over there. If I do....I'll just sit and go through papers.

I'm thinking that I might not be bowling tomorrow. It is still rather tended on the side where I really pulled it. Hey...would rather not over extend it at this point.
I agree with not bowling - even if you think it feels much better - give it some more time to really heal. Knees can be so sensitive sometimes.

I have issues with my one little gal always walking in front of me as I walk and one of these days I'm going to have the same thing happen, except I'm scared it will be one of my fake hip joints that will get damaged.

Old 10-07-2012, 01:52 PM   #13847
Stazon Splitcoast

Soni, glad to read that the finger is healing. Those burns can be buggers about healing, keep an eye on it.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:00 PM   #13848
Stazon Splitcoast

okay, I'm the only one who's posted for the past 2 1/2 hours - so I'm going to get off and maybe look at some cards. Kind of slow here at work.

Old 10-07-2012, 02:07 PM   #13849
Total Quack

Quote:
We had a full day. We dashed to a birthday party....just made an appearance for a little boy. He is such a sweetie! Then to our rocket meeting. Then we went to eat with our usual bunch. Good times!

But, on another note.....I had a little accident this morning. I was getting paperwork ready to take to the meeting. Pie was all stirred up...with the cool weather. Just ripping and roaring through the house. Well, he went scooting through my legs just as I was stepping. I tried to catch myself from falling...nope! I twisted my knee big time...and landed "plop" on my fanny!!! Oh, that knee was so sore on the side. I got ice on it after my shower. I've had a brace on it all day. It's one that Jack uses when he bowls. I haven't checked to see what it looks like since we've been home. I was careful on it while we were out. I didn't take the stairs....I took the elevator. Was very careful when I got up and moved. I might not be bowling on Monday...depends on how it is doing. Jack said that it will be sore for 3 days or so. Oh great!

Ouch!!! I'm sorry, Suzy. I hope that it recovers quickly and doesn't cause you any future issues. Take care of yourself!!!

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 02:09 PM   #13850
Total Quack

Quote:
Suzy *s I still trip over Daisy she sneaks up and gets under my feet...

That's why I don't want my mom to get a pet. She has enough issues with that, as it is. I don't want to add a pet to her obstacles.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 02:13 PM   #13851
Total Quack

Quote:
Good Morning ladies, So what do you have planned for today ?

Faith woke up at midnight, we changed her diaper and had some milk, but then she needed to sit and rock and cuddle... bummer

She was awake again early,so we did more snuggle time , This is rare that she does this here... I imagine she will be up and ready for breakfast real soon, so I am just stopping in while I can

I hope you all have a good day

We had church, of course. It was ... ok. Three of our ministers were on an adult retreat with about 45 other church members. So, we had a different preacher.... and he was *definitely* not Kevin.

Glad you're getting your time with Faith!! I hope Tammy isn't wearing herself out.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 02:15 PM   #13852
Total Quack

Quote:
I just had an update from Curt on his blog...Ladies he had a heart attack this week... So I was wondering if any of you that enjoy his blog and his work might want to join me in send him a card or two he is home
and I am off to see if I have the new address, if not I guess it will get forwarded or I will try to get it

Oh my. I'm sorry to hear that.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #13853
Total Quack

Quote:
It is still sore....but, at least he was able to rub it last night with some icy hot. That seemed to help some. I was able to sleep last night. I was sore this morning. Not doing much today...for sure. We do need to go to the other house....but, I won't be working over there. If I do....I'll just sit and go through papers.

I'm thinking that I might not be bowling tomorrow. It is still rather tended on the side where I really pulled it. Hey...would rather not over extend it at this point.

Oh, my. I'm so sorry. I think it's a good idea not to overdo with it right now. I hope it's a lot better tomorrow.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 03:04 PM   #13854
Total Quack

Quote:
You are right...my back didn't hurt at all yesterday. I was shocked about that! But, I'm feeling it today...yep, the back is sort of sore. At least nothing is throbbing!! I did put heat on it earlier. So, will ice it here in a few minutes.

Ouch. Take care of yourself, Suzy. The few days after a fall can be so painful.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #13855
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
it's my Sunday to work and I'm really wishing I was at home. I have had some ideas lately about how to organize and now I'm in the mood to do them. By next weekend I may have changed my mind about doing anything. Been having alot of ups and downs lately - some pretty deep downs too.

I've got to get the rest of the boxes out of my garage - those are the last of the craft room boxes that Larry delivered. I'm not sure what's in those boxes, so there may be ink or stickles and I sure don't want them to freeze.

Just noticed today that I have an infection started in my right hand. The colder weather has caused some cracks in the skin over my knuckles and lotions/vaseline/etc is not helping and so now the infection has started. Hand is hot to the touch, bright red and starting to swell - good thing I have an MD appointment on Tuesday. Hoping I get antibiotics in me quick enough to avoid having a pic-line for the next 10-14 days. That might interfer with some plans I have for the end of the month.

Oh, no. Not again, Sue. I hope you feel better and that you get meds for that quickly.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM   #13856
Total Quack

Quote:
yes and I believe I have the new address, if any of you want it just ask I will pm it too you...

he loves his dogs, and has a great sense of humor
and enjoys Halloween and is just a super and kind guy...
this has to be difficult for him knowing he is the caregiver for some one...

I would like the address.

Is Randy's new address active yet?

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 05:09 PM   #13857
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
I'd like to get a free-standing outdoor thingy - not sure what they are called, but they have screening to prevent sparks. When I get my patio blocks down, then I could put it on them. I do enjoy a campfire and it may be years before I can go camping. Don't just want to dig a hole and line it with rocks though. I'm also curious about those fire starters.
WALLY WANTED ONE TOO HE LOVED TO SIT OUT SIDE ARE THEY A "FIRE PIT" OR SOME THING LIKE THAT???

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 10-07-2012, 05:12 PM   #13858
Mini Quack

Quote:
how much do those electric mattress covers run? I may think about getting one - even if I only use it on low. The main heat source for my bed isn't around anymore and my girls don't give off enough body heat to do much good. I really don't want an electric blanket because I tend to get them wrapped around my legs too easy - but maybe a nice heated mattress pad on low would do the trick, even if I only used it to warm the bed and then shut it off when I get in.
Now I need to think about something to help
I turn it on about 10 min before I get in and shut it off as soon as I get in unless it is really cold...

the cost depends on the size we got ours on sale , at Pennys and paid around $40.00 ( reg price was like $69.99 I think )
I think Kmart had them a bit less look on line for a good deal ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #13859
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
We had church, of course. It was ... ok. Three of our ministers were on an adult retreat with about 45 other church members. So, we had a different preacher.... and he was *definitely* not Kevin.

Glad you're getting your time with Faith!! I hope Tammy isn't wearing herself out.
I wish I could say she is not...but ...

The nurse is calling the doctor, she believes his condition is progressing... and needs to be on Morpphine... his pain is harder to control and his breathing is much worse
but she did offer another idea to check into, "A Hospice House" not a nursing home or hospital... she understands the "want" to die at home but knows how difficult that is on family and feels he will be needing more nursing care... palative style ...
so I am praying that God will help us all through what ever the next steps or phases are... she slept for five hours after she got home today, so I had Faith til just a little while ago

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-07-2012, 05:21 PM   #13860
Mini Quack

Quote:
I would like the address.

Is Randy's new address active yet?
I will get it to you

Randy has not changed the address yet...but he did spend yesterday and today there... he goes Tuesday for chemo so hoping next weekend if he is up to it to get more of his things there I will ask him when he is doing his address change but they are closed tomorrow

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-07-2012, 05:26 PM   #13861
Mini Quack

Faith was not much in the mood to sleep today... but she did play great with the boys and snuggled with me a lot... we rocked and we sang and she was just precious...tonight I was putting teething medicine on her gums and a top side tooth has broken through , I think it is a double tooth or molar... so that explains her being clingy... but I will take all the snuggle time I cam get

After Tam and Jim and Brooke got here tonight and Krista was here with the boys she was rocking with me Ali and Keith came in and as soon as she heard Ali. that was all it took she was reaching and jabbering ... so Ali had a good bit of time with her too...

I love having them all here but it sure is quiet when they all leave at once ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-07-2012, 05:35 PM   #13862
Mini Quack

I have just a few pages to finish # 90 in my book journey so I think I will do that and get me some Ovaltine and maybe start another one... I hope to settle in early and fall asleep I need to be up super early , I have an appointment for blood work for my thyroid in the morning

I had a super enjoyable day...I hope you all did too...
My grand kids were all so good today ... Cody was a big help with Faith, he really likes to hold her and play and talk Dustin was watching cartoons all day... he really misses them at home

I am so blessed to have all the special time I have with these kids ...

Saying thank you as I look up

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-07-2012, 05:46 PM   #13863
Total Quack

Quote:

The nurse is calling the doctor, she believes his condition is progressing... and needs to be on Morpphine... his pain is harder to control and his breathing is much worse
but she did offer another idea to check into, "A Hospice House" not a nursing home or hospital... she understands the "want" to die at home but knows how difficult that is on family and feels he will be needing more nursing care... palative style ...
so I am praying that God will help us all through what ever the next steps or phases are... she slept for five hours after she got home today, so I had Faith til just a little while ago

That's where my dad was when he died. He was only there for a few days, though. The one we used was a pretty nice place with wonderful, wonderful people.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 05:48 PM   #13864
Total Quack

Quote:
I will get it to you

Randy has not changed the address yet...but he did spend yesterday and today there... he goes Tuesday for chemo so hoping next weekend if he is up to it to get more of his things there I will ask him when he is doing his address change but they are closed tomorrow

Gotcha. Just let me know when that's effective.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 06:02 PM   #13865
Total Quack

Quote:
I have just a few pages to finish # 90 in my book journey so I think I will do that and get me some Ovaltine and maybe start another one... I hope to settle in early and fall asleep I need to be up super early , I have an appointment for blood work for my thyroid in the morning

I had a super enjoyable day...I hope you all did too...
My grand kids were all so good today ... Cody was a big help with Faith, he really likes to hold her and play and talk Dustin was watching cartoons all day... he really misses them at home

I am so blessed to have all the special time I have with these kids ...

Saying thank you as I look up

I'm in the middle of reading one, too. It's a series that Jonah and I both read.

Photography Site

Old 10-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #13866
Mini Quack

Quote:
That's where my dad was when he died. He was only there for a few days, though. The one we used was a pretty nice place with wonderful, wonderful people.
We are hoping to learn all the details, cost and if Medicare covers it or any of it... Both of the girls see changes and believe he is deteriorating... and are really feeling uncomfortable with being there alone with him...

My heart hurts for them, of course it is bringing back memories but it is also showing them how blessed we were to have the wonderful people and care that we had with their daddy... and to see how others are reacting... Tammy text'd Mike ( dons son ) to let him know the latest thoughts from the nurse...his reply was " I am so sorry for how this must be affecting your families, I will try to call him later to say I love him"" well that just about put her over the edge... she just has no understanding of how a son could be that way... I am so proud of who my girls grew up to be and all they do in life...no they are not perfect, but they do know how to love, and respect and know right from wrong... and always show those they love how much they do love them... I am so blessed to call them my daughters...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 10-07-2012 at 06:55 PM..
Old 10-08-2012, 03:15 AM   #13867
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers!

I had a good weekend. Spent time crafting and made 3 cards - all for DT's.

Soni, I'm so sorry that the girls are having to go through this and virtually alone with no support from Don's family. I don't think I could be so nice to them especially when his son says he will "call" him to say he loves him. What! He doesn't have the slightest idea what love is. Sad, sad, sad.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 10-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #13868
Quacker Stamper

My DD in CA called me yesterday. She was on her way to help a family with some moving. That's another sad situation, but she tries to help wherever she can.

She invited me out there for Christmas this year, so I guess I'll be going out there and spend their first Christmas in their new home. Now, just need to find someone to take care of the house. I'll check with my niece and see if they will be home and if my great nephews will be able to do this. They have before along with my GF Jenna, but she and her family are moving and won't be able to make the 45 min trip to do this.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 04:43 AM   #13869
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I will get it to you

is Randy going to try to attend your Fall Frolic?

Old 10-08-2012, 04:58 AM   #13870
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Quackers!

I had a good weekend. Spent time crafting and made 3 cards - all for DT's.

Soni, I'm so sorry that the girls are having to go through this and virtually alone with no support from Don's family. I don't think I could be so nice to them especially when his son says he will "call" him to say he loves him. What! He doesn't have the slightest idea what love is. Sad, sad, sad.
She was not nice, she just did not answer him... She is so much like me...Once you hurt her, it is not very pretty ... Last night Tammy went over to show Krista how to give him a new medicine, and he was totally in coherent... she called me when she left in tears and said she wanted to call Mike and tell him that he was a selfish man and not capable of loving any one... but she knew it was not what GD wanted her to do...
Thanks Maggie, I know life has to have trials and situations, but that sure does not make it any easier to sit and watch those you love ...

I am just praying there is help and we will be directed to it...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-08-2012, 05:06 AM   #13871
Mini Quack

Hi there, another early morning lol
My hair is washed , enjoying my tea and I am almost done on the computer... then I will go get my clothes ready

I want to return a stamp to Hobby Lobby~ Sue came in last week with a guitar stamp that she l knew I wanted to make a special card for a friend... I had already bought one oopps but I am sure I can find another one lol

I may go on out to see grandpa Don, Tammy will be there , I want to see how he is for myself, maybe I will see his nurse and we can talk a bit

it was 33 when I got up, but already up to 38 I was so hoping for a longer fall

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 10-08-2012, 05:18 AM   #13872
First To Quack

Quote:
WALLY WANTED ONE TOO HE LOVED TO SIT OUT SIDE ARE THEY A "FIRE PIT" OR SOME THING LIKE THAT???
yes, they are just a big bowl on a base with a screen cover. They seem like an easy way to enjoy the fire without the fuss. We hope to have room for one but that back yard is really tiny so we'll see.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-08-2012, 05:20 AM   #13873
First To Quack

Quote:

Poor Tammy, what an angel she is to do this. How is Krista feeling now? She must be worn out as well. More prayers for y'all.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-08-2012, 05:23 AM   #13874
First To Quack

Quote:
We are hoping to learn all the details, cost and if Medicare covers it or any of it... Both of the girls see changes and believe he is deteriorating... and are really feeling uncomfortable with being there alone with him...

My heart hurts for them, of course it is bringing back memories but it is also showing them how blessed we were to have the wonderful people and care that we had with their daddy... and to see how others are reacting... Tammy text'd Mike ( dons son ) to let him know the latest thoughts from the nurse...his reply was " I am so sorry for how this must be affecting your families, I will try to call him later to say I love him"" well that just about put her over the edge... she just has no understanding of how a son could be that way... I am so proud of who my girls grew up to be and all they do in life...no they are not perfect, but they do know how to love, and respect and know right from wrong... and always show those they love how much they do love them... I am so blessed to call them my daughters...
this should be framed, perfectly said & felt!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-08-2012, 05:25 AM   #13875
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Morning ladies~

I've been ill - back to work today, but did I want to stay home!

Hugs and Blessings....
Old 10-08-2012, 05:26 AM   #13876
First To Quack

Bud is out hopefully buying our new washer/dryer and fridge. Oh such joy it will be to have new, clean working stuff. In 7 more days we will close *insert happy dance here*

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-08-2012, 05:27 AM   #13877
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Morning ladies~

Hugs and Blessings....
morning Karen, you were missed! I hope you are feeling better.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #13878
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Morning ladies~

Hugs and Blessings....
Hi Karen. Sorry you've been ill, but glad that you are back among us.

Yes, I want to stay home everyday, but I get up and come in to work.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 05:45 AM   #13879
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Bud is out hopefully buying our new washer/dryer and fridge. Oh such joy it will be to have new, clean working stuff. In 7 more days we will close *insert happy dance here*
You let him go by himself to buy those appliances?????
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 10-08-2012, 06:02 AM   #13880
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
You let him go by himself to buy those appliances?????
LOL!!! This is just to pay for them & arange delivery. We went together & I picked out what I wanted. Getting a Kitchenaid side by side SS frig (matched the new stuff in the house) and washer/dryer are whirlpool cabrio. Washer has a 4.6 cf drum...the biggest they make I think, really huge. It will handle the quilts nicely.

Cards from the Cabana