Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6345Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 11:30 AM   #13361
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

after noon...

Faith has an ear infection, no surprise, I expected that with the weather we have been having plus her allergies are in full force, tho they say she is too young to have allergies ...
Tammy made sure they did not order the meds that she had a reaction too before

I am in the midst of putting away indoor spring / simmer decor and Krista brought up some of my Autumn pretties... I hope the kids will want to help grandma put some outdoor these out this weekend

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:00 PM   #13362
Stazon Splitcoast

Nap over. back to work. I went back to bed about 7:30. Woke up 2 hours later and thought Nope - not getting up yet. Slept til 1.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:05 PM   #13363
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Kelly, wowowow!!!! What an amzing haul! I love that bird stamp set & the ink pad????? whew! you cleaned up nicely!
No.. the pic is what my sil got at the garage sale last week. I WISH I could find those kind of deals. She didn't reply to the priority box suggestion so don't know if I'll wind up with anything or not.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #13364
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I did...it was really really good... Their choir director is amazing , and brings out their best in each of them... She ( Mrs Nichols ) even played the guitar in a couple of songs and sang with them tonight She is great and the students ALL love her
So glad that everyone enjoyed it and had a great time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-28-2012, 12:12 PM   #13365
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
That's one big difference, yes. They WANT you to make/create your own and to use the fonts on your computer. They don't have or sell cartridges at all. There's no need or use for a cartridge on this machine.

Also - through the software, you can print your image (on a regular printer) and then, put the paper/vinyl/sticker sheet/etc into the Cameo, and it will cut out around the image you printed. LOVE that feature. So, you can print a magnet in full color and run it through the Cameo to cut it in the shape of whatever you printed.

Another neat thing - it will allow you to cut 12"x12", 12"x24" or 12"x10' - yes.... 10 feet. You must use lined media to cut up to the 10' length, though (like vinyl or backed fabric...).

It comes with the software, and they say that the software is always free (although, I got upgraded software with this bundle).
I"m sure you'll put it to good use and enjoy it for many years to come.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:13 PM   #13366
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Good morning girls! If you have a correct time stamp on your computer, you'll notice it is 3:30 a.m. on Fridasy morning. LOL yep. I've been up about an hour. I have a CD to download that needs reviewed for a music post next Tuesday. The artist asked me to do the review and is also the guest on the blog for Monday. I was thrilled to get the request. Things are moving in the right direction in the freelance. I'll have more to share on that later.

Now to see if SCS will run properly so I can break up my posts. If not, you get all of my replies in one lump sum. LOL
Yikes! Were you able to get a nap in today.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:14 PM   #13367
Stazon Splitcoast

Bummers you didn't end up with the ink pads. Hate to see such an expensive product go to waste.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:15 PM   #13368
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Okay, so far so good.
Maggie, thank you for the food storage thing when it's ready. I'll be interested to compare it to another group's 'stock-up' that I have.

I'm hoping to get to PBU blogs plus others over the weekend. I fought with being hacked not once but twice on one of my main email accounts this week. It's been a very frustrating computer week. To top it off, yesterday Google chrome decided not to show my sign in or design links on my blog pages. To access them I'd have to go to blogger.com and sign in then go to each of my blogs. Just on the laptop. I can do it from the PC but the format is wrong. But if I use IE, I don't have any problems. I think I'm going to have to uninstall Google Chrome and re-install it. I've already moved my favs back over ti IE and backed them up on a flash. Yep, it's been one of those weeks. But the good news this week has outweighed the frustrations... you'll see
I will send it out to you this weekend and you can see if there's anything of interest to you.

Grrrrrrr. . . I hate when software doesn't work. I'm just continuing with Firefox these days. It seems to work best for me. I do have to use IE when I renew my Alarm Permit. Won't work on any other browser.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #13369
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Looks like we will have more company this week end. Chris has a load test to run in Tampa & is bringing Stef & kids down for it too. I was shocked that Stef felt up to the long drive but she said she was and I sure wasn't about to say no to ANY cuddle time I can get. Healthwise we could be better but hey, they gave it to us, lol! They will get in late tonight, we'll hang around the pool tomorrow & they will leave Sunday morning. Justin will hang out after he finishes with school on Saturday. He is building a set for the next play & works a lot of extra hours there.
Yeah for the surprise visit. Guess last week really hit home how much they miss you. hehe
Old 09-28-2012, 12:17 PM   #13370
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
For those of you not on my main FB page (yes I have 3 lol) havent' heard about my un-eventful birthday. I cleaned off my big cutting table. I really purged/ pitched and put away. All that's on it now is the Tundra fan blowing on my back as I sit at the sewing machine table with the laptop (I'm trying NOT to move upstairs with the laptop work this time Bob's gone), my cutting implements basket and a decorative box that used to hold all of my rolled coins. I really needed it cleared off. 1- I was tired of looking at it, 2 - I need to get some mixed media art work done and 3 - I have a flat iron travel case to make for my sister-in-law this week.

Speaking of, she texted me yesterday to say she wished I could come to OK this weekend. She is purging her craft room and just knew some of the items would find a good home here in MO. I told her to pick what she thought I'd like and stuff all she could in a priority flat rate. I'd gladly reimburse postage.

Here's a picture of that $300+ for $25 she picked up at the garage sale last week. That box of ink pads in the right hand corner hadn't even been opened - as were most of the things she bought
Wow! Lots of fabulous things there. What a lucky find.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #13371
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yes Brooke is dealing well, but her and Tammy are so close...there are some times and things that she just needs her mom...but she knows Krista and I are a phone call away

saying that, Faith was down to sleep last night at home Tammy was at grandpas, and Faith woke up throwing up and crying...Tammy did / could not answer her phone... So both Krista and I got calls Krista left to go to town to be of help, ended up staying with grandpa so Tammy could go home to be up all night...yes they are on their way to the doctor... no fever, but being a friday...better to go see...
Poor Faith. Yes, with it being Friday, a good decision. Glad it wasn't more serious.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:19 PM   #13372
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Okay, the news I teased you about earlier. I got word from my editor at Polymer Cafe magazine a couple days ago that I will be in the Nov/ Dec issue (which I already knew), the Jan/ February issue AND the Mar/ Apr issue if we can get it pulled together in time.

She originally emailed me asking if I had anything I was working on. she was starting to put the Jan/ Feb issue together and had 'nothing' for the Last Word column. I sent her a couple of ideas. She picked one on Finding your Inspiration then suggested we do my other idea - on Organization - as a full-length column. I was floored. PC mag has 3 types of articles each issue. 1 - an artist profile, 2 - The Last Word column at the back. Then several tutorials sandwiched in between. They seldom run other articles in the mix.
Sometimes they do 'new product' spotlight or reviews. I think that's where she's going with this. She wants to do this as a full, and get manufacturers/ products/ advertising involved.

And I could use the extra $$. I'm hopefully going to have a studio to help pay for. I mean I hate to see the investment in just a 'toy room', though it will also be a place for the girls to sleep when they come for the summers.

I'm also going after a BIG interview in the music field but I can't say anythign just yet. I'll let you know if it works out though.
WOO HOO! Fabulous news Kelly. WTG! Oh, and you'll be getting paid for these???? That's even better! Good luck with the music interview. Is that also something that will be published that you'll get paid for?

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:20 PM   #13373
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
wow Kel, good things come to those who wait ...and you have worked hard to get to where you are...As always I wish you much success
Thank you. I'm not there yet, but it's another step in the right direction.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #13374
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Kelly....wow, that picture had some really cool stuff!!! My SIL has 3 boxes of the stamp pads. She was doing those on a quarterly bases. Then stopped stamping. She was going to give them to me...along with all the markers. But, my MIL changed her mind. She said that she might get back into it. So, until then...they are just sitting not being used. By the time she decides to give them away again....they will be dried up!
I think it takes awhile for them to dry up and if they are not opened, they should last for some time. I have all my stamp pads, some that are even the old little style that are still going strong. I keep my little ones stored upside down so the ink flows to the top of the pad.

Sorry you didn't get those stamp pads.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:22 PM   #13375
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Looks like we will have more company this week end. Chris has a load test to run in Tampa & is bringing Stef & kids down for it too. I was shocked that Stef felt up to the long drive but she said she was and I sure wasn't about to say no to ANY cuddle time I can get. Healthwise we could be better but hey, they gave it to us, lol! They will get in late tonight, we'll hang around the pool tomorrow & they will leave Sunday morning. Justin will hang out after he finishes with school on Saturday. He is building a set for the next play & works a lot of extra hours there.
Enjoy the company. I hope Stef is okay on the trip down and back. Yes, it will be nice to have the little ones there.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:23 PM   #13376
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Hey Suzy! I guess you'll need reinkers then, right? I am wondering what my pads are going to be like too.
I always buy the reinker when I buy the stamp pad so I'll be able to use it for a long time. Wish I had bought some of the larger ones before they got retired.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:25 PM   #13377
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
yes Brooke is dealing well, but her and Tammy are so close...there are some times and things that she just needs her mom...but she knows Krista and I are a phone call away

saying that, Faith was down to sleep last night at home Tammy was at grandpas, and Faith woke up throwing up and crying...Tammy did / could not answer her phone... So both Krista and I got calls Krista left to go to town to be of help, ended up staying with grandpa so Tammy could go home to be up all night...yes they are on their way to the doctor... no fever, but being a friday...better to go see...
Oh, poor Faith. I hope she's okay. I also hope that Tammy can get some rest. She's going to ruin her health if she can't slow down and get some much needed rest in between trips to Grandpa's.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #13378
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
after noon...

Faith has an ear infection, no surprise, I expected that with the weather we have been having plus her allergies are in full force, tho they say she is too young to have allergies ...
Tammy made sure they did not order the meds that she had a reaction too before

I am in the midst of putting away indoor spring / simmer decor and Krista brought up some of my Autumn pretties... I hope the kids will want to help grandma put some outdoor these out this weekend
Sorry about Faith's ear. I hope she'll get over that quickly.

Enjoy the Fall decorating. Not sure if I'll put my stuff out. I guess I probably should even though the kids won't be back over for awhile.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:28 PM   #13379
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Nap over. back to work. I went back to bed about 7:30. Woke up 2 hours later and thought Nope - not getting up yet. Slept til 1.
O M G woman! That was a real sleep in.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #13380
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
WOO HOO! Fabulous news Kelly. WTG! Oh, and you'll be getting paid for these???? That's even better! Good luck with the music interview. Is that also something that will be published that you'll get paid for?
I always get paid for the magazine prints. This year I've been in the Mar/Apr, the May/June and now the Nov/ Dec issues. The Last Word column is only $50 but the larger article will be much more. We've not discussed length yet.

And yes, the interview will be paid based on who I can sell it to. I can tell you it will be a former prominent member of the Country Music industry. He's still very active, also an awesome photographer and published author. He has a new book coming out in spring of 2013 that he co-wrote with a author/ musician/ friend of mine from Marble Falls TX.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:31 PM   #13381
Quacker Stamper

Just got an e-mail that my Copics Coloring Book No. 3 has been shipped. Can't wait to get that one and so glad I'll have it before the certified class I'm taking Nov. 3.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 12:32 PM   #13382
Stazon Splitcoast

I should have added I've already been given confirmation I'll be reviewing the book and have interviewed the co-author.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #13383
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
O M G woman! That was a real sleep in.
LOL Not really. Only 5 hours. Considering I'd been working on 4 hours sleep earlier, that wasn't bad.

I have to work a celebration in the next town over (reporting) tomorrow so if I can get this other short story finished and contest entries printed, it will be an early night for me.

Tomorrow after covering the celebration stuff I'm going to snoop flea markets and just be nosey.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #13384
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Just got an e-mail that my Copics Coloring Book No. 3 has been shipped. Can't wait to get that one and so glad I'll have it before the certified class I'm taking Nov. 3.
Yeah. That class in Nov. is closer to home, right?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #13385
Stazon Splitcoast

Time to get the AOCC thread caught up, finish a short story and get those printed, ready to mail. Thanks to computer issues this week I'm behind - again. They have to be postmarked tomorrow!
Old 09-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #13386
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Yeah. That class in Nov. is closer to home, right?
Definitely. Right here in Houston.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 01:09 PM   #13387
Quacker Stamper

I finally picked my day to take off work to work at home - next Wednesday! I got my clothes pins in the mail today and my DVD cases yesterday which are the things I've been waiting for to get organized. Turns out that the mediation my boss has on Wednesday has been moved to a different office downtown, so he'll be out of the office all day. Perfect timing. That way the following week when he's gone for 3 days, I can concentrate on the office and getting it organized. Works great. Now I can't wait. Besides that, it'll break up the week nicely.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #13388
Mini Quack

Quote:
Sorry about Faith's ear. I hope she'll get over that quickly.

Enjoy the Fall decorating. Not sure if I'll put my stuff out. I guess I probably should even though the kids won't be back over for awhile.
I have the Fall decorations and pretties in place in the house.. I really do not have a lot ...I will add in some Halloween things later... I think I have more Halloween than Autumn...not sure why...

It is so pretty out side, Krista is coming back later, I hope she will carry up my big wooden pumpkins so I can get them situated outside...and carry my summer tub down stairs too
I still need to do my chair on the front porch area... but the boys like to help me do that ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-28-2012, 01:38 PM   #13389
Mini Quack

Quote:
I finally picked my day to take off work to work at home - next Wednesday! I got my clothes pins in the mail today and my DVD cases yesterday which are the things I've been waiting for to get organized. Turns out that the mediation my boss has on Wednesday has been moved to a different office downtown, so he'll be out of the office all day. Perfect timing. That way the following week when he's gone for 3 days, I can concentrate on the office and getting it organized. Works great. Now I can't wait. Besides that, it'll break up the week nicely.
sounds like a fun day...enjoy it
what are you doing with the clothes pins?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 09-28-2012 at 01:48 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #13390
Total Quack

Quote:
Okay, Shell. First off, I'm glad FJ made it home safe and sound. I was hoping I'd packed the preserves she helped make well enough. She was so excited through the process and wanted to take some home. With that adorable smile, how could I refuse LOL

Second, that cameo is not expensive in my book for what you are able to do. The capabilities so outway the cost of a Cricut PLUS cartridges that still leave a creative person like you, limited. Let me know when you want to play and I'll call you about a small 'job'. I want a decal for my truck before I go to Texas.

I had to wonder if you were teasing us with the 'toy' comments to see if we were paying attention LOL

The preserves were perfectly .... preserved. We can't wait to have some. I'm hoping to get something to use to make a little turnover/pie for us to try it in, too. I think that would be scrumptious.

Thank you. I agree. It's more than I want to pay ..... but .... that's the case for many things. I can't wait to get it and get used to it.

When are you going?

Hahaha .... took a while to get a response to my 'bait.'

Old 09-28-2012, 01:56 PM   #13391
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
The preserves were perfectly .... preserved. We can't wait to have some. I'm hoping to get something to use to make a little turnover/pie for us to try it in, too. I think that would be scrumptious.

Thank you. I agree. It's more than I want to pay ..... but .... that's the case for many things. I can't wait to get it and get used to it.

When are you going?
Hahaha .... took a while to get a response to my 'bait.'
Not for lack of trying on my part! LOL I was fighting response time so just made a list of everything I wanted to comment on then tried. hehe

I haven't checked Bob's schedule. If he's home, I hope to go to the Texas Music Awards March 23rd, 2013
Old 09-28-2012, 01:57 PM   #13392
Total Quack

Quote:
Okay, so far so good.
Maggie, thank you for the food storage thing when it's ready. I'll be interested to compare it to another group's 'stock-up' that I have.

I'm hoping to get to PBU blogs plus others over the weekend. I fought with being hacked not once but twice on one of my main email accounts this week. It's been a very frustrating computer week. To top it off, yesterday Google chrome decided not to show my sign in or design links on my blog pages. To access them I'd have to go to blogger.com and sign in then go to each of my blogs. Just on the laptop. I can do it from the PC but the format is wrong. But if I use IE, I don't have any problems. I think I'm going to have to uninstall Google Chrome and re-install it. I've already moved my favs back over ti IE and backed them up on a flash. Yep, it's been one of those weeks. But the good news this week has outweighed the frustrations... you'll see

Oh, how frustrating!!

Can't wait to hear the good news!!!!! (but... I've found that there's ALWAYS a sliver lining.)

Old 09-28-2012, 02:00 PM   #13393
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I have the Fall decorations and pretties in place in the house.. I really do not have a lot ...I will add in some Halloween things later... I think I have more Halloween than Autumn...not sure why...

It is so pretty out side, Krista is coming back later, I hope she will carry up my big wooden pumpkins so I can get them situated outside...and carry my summer tub down stairs too
I still need to do my chair on the front porch area... but the boys like to help me do that ...
Sounds like you're making progress. I hope to do that next week. I'll have a couple of deadlines out of the way and can play outside a bit. Sounds like the weather will be perfect for it. Wondering if I can move the big patio table off the deck or just leave it until Bob gets home.

At the rate I'm going nothing will be decorated in the house before it's time to switch to Christmas. LOL I do have my fall fabric for kitchen curtains, found kitchen hand towels at $Tree that matched the fabric perfectly. We'll see. Maybe while I'm sewing Tuesday.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:01 PM   #13394
Total Quack

Quote:
For those of you not on my main FB page (yes I have 3 lol) havent' heard about my un-eventful birthday. I cleaned off my big cutting table. I really purged/ pitched and put away. All that's on it now is the Tundra fan blowing on my back as I sit at the sewing machine table with the laptop (I'm trying NOT to move upstairs with the laptop work this time Bob's gone), my cutting implements basket and a decorative box that used to hold all of my rolled coins. I really needed it cleared off. 1- I was tired of looking at it, 2 - I need to get some mixed media art work done and 3 - I have a flat iron travel case to make for my sister-in-law this week.

Speaking of, she texted me yesterday to say she wished I could come to OK this weekend. She is purging her craft room and just knew some of the items would find a good home here in MO. I told her to pick what she thought I'd like and stuff all she could in a priority flat rate. I'd gladly reimburse postage.

Here's a picture of that $300+ for $25 she picked up at the garage sale last week. That box of ink pads in the right hand corner hadn't even been opened - as were most of the things she bought

More fun stuff? Wow ... you're getting tons of new goodies.

That's a great bunch of stuff. You hit the mother lode!

Old 09-28-2012, 02:02 PM   #13395
Stazon Splitcoast

Shell, the Pillsbury croissants make excellent turnovers.
Old 09-28-2012, 02:14 PM   #13396
Total Quack

Quote:
Okay, the news I teased you about earlier. I got word from my editor at Polymer Cafe magazine a couple days ago that I will be in the Nov/ Dec issue (which I already knew), the Jan/ February issue AND the Mar/ Apr issue if we can get it pulled together in time.

She originally emailed me asking if I had anything I was working on. she was starting to put the Jan/ Feb issue together and had 'nothing' for the Last Word column. I sent her a couple of ideas. She picked one on Finding your Inspiration then suggested we do my other idea - on Organization - as a full-length column. I was floored. PC mag has 3 types of articles each issue. 1 - an artist profile, 2 - The Last Word column at the back. Then several tutorials sandwiched in between. They seldom run other articles in the mix.
Sometimes they do 'new product' spotlight or reviews. I think that's where she's going with this. She wants to do this as a full, and get manufacturers/ products/ advertising involved.

And I could use the extra $$. I'm hopefully going to have a studio to help pay for. I mean I hate to see the investment in just a 'toy room', though it will also be a place for the girls to sleep when they come for the summers.

I'm also going after a BIG interview in the music field but I can't say anythign just yet. I'll let you know if it works out though.

Oh, how exciting, Kelly!!!! I know you are thrilled - and you should be.

Can't wait to hear about the interview, too.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:20 PM   #13397
Total Quack

Quote:
ah! so this will replace your cricut? Did you wear it out?

LOL! No ... I can - and will - still use my Cricuts. I just know that the Criuct WILL die at some point, and I refuse to buy another one or put more money into Cricut or ProvoCraft. It has some great features that Cricut doesn't have, so it will be great to have another tool to use.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:22 PM   #13398
Total Quack

Quote:
hmmmm, interesting...but I must sit on my hands....nope can't get too interested

Hahahaha! I debated on the Cameo or a cutting table. I am hoping for the table for Christmas - AFTER I secure (CLEAN OUT!) the new half of the Haven.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:26 PM   #13399
Total Quack

Quote:

What a wonderful surprise. I'm excited for you. Enjoy having them there for a little while.

Old 09-28-2012, 02:29 PM   #13400
Total Quack

Quote:

Poor little Faith!!!