Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree4771Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2012, 05:05 PM   #12081
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
My morning started out rough, but the rest of the day has been pretty productive.

Bear would not stop barking last night. I know the deer are moving and I figured that's what had him all worked up. Well, apparently it wasn't the whole problem because he was still barking when I got up after 10 a.m. (don't ask hehe) trying to tell me something.

The poor thing... whatever got him riled last night caused a major problem for him.
Apparently, in barking at whatever was in the yard, he got his lead cable all twisted up in knots, into his shedding cotton fur and it was twisted so tight up behind his front right leg it was pulling the hair out. I know it had to hurt. The cable was twisted so tight that either the wires inside had broken, or he'd chewed them trying to get it off himself.
He stood patiently and let me cut it away with a box cutter which took me over 1/2 an hour. He's now happily running loose, which will NOT make my neighbor happy. Can you guess what my neighbor can do if wants to say something LOL
Oh, poor Bear. I'm glad he didn't really hurt himself. One reason I hate to see dogs on leads, where something like this could happen. I bet he's happy with the run of the neighborhood. LOL! We have an ordinance against dogs without leashes, but every so often there's one that gets out and runs around the neighborhood until the owner finds it and takes it back home. Depending on the dog, I'm very leary of them. Many years ago there were a couple of Chows that lived down the street that the neighbors would let run the streets along with some other dogs. It was shortly after I was divorced from the kids' dad and we had a inside/outside cat who mostly stayed outside - her choice. I drove up to my house one day after running errands and those dogs were up on my porch where they had cornered the cat and were dragging her off. I went after them and made them drop her, but she was gone. I've hated Chows ever since even though a really good friend of mine used to raise them for show.
One Stitch at a Time
Sunshine Mail Foundation Challenge Blog
Creative Card Crew
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #12082
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Since I missed breakfast this morning, I went into Cindy's for her pre-labor day dinner. There are no choices. YOu get what she's cooking for the day. Today the dinner special was:
Oven roasted leg quarter, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes, serving spoon of sweet potatoes, 1/2 c each of corn and seasoned french-style green beans, 1/2 c. dressing and a homemade dinner roll - (still hot from the oven!) and a bowl of chicken and dumplings for $8.50

I brought the chicken and dumplings home and just ate them a bit ago.
Wow! That sounds like a really good meal and very inexpensive for all that food.

I had chicken, potatoes, and veggies for lunch when I got home for church. Tonight I popped in 2 Crumpets that I got at HEB yesterday. I've never had them before and have never seen them in the store before. They were very tasty. I put some Raspberry Curd on them and had some yogurt.

I've been working on my PSC card for this week. The theme is whatever season you want to celebrate, but you need to use a critter/ animal on your card.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-02-2012, 05:09 PM   #12083
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
It was very sweet of her. Funny thing is I just got an e-mail from anaRY who is the girl that was supposed to send me the prize. Seems that she had some family matters come up and her adoptive mom was very ill and passed away a couple weeks ago. You would think she would have let someone know that she was going to be gone for an extended period of time. She's on the DT for The Outlawz and Through The Craftroom Door and some other ones also. I went to her blog tonight and saw that she hadn't posted anything since early August. I e-mailed Colleen and told her that I heard from the girl and that I was giving her back her GC to Oozak because I really wanted to get the goodie bag. Not sure how they take it back since it was already sent, but there must be some way to cancel the code number for the gift.

Sometimes when life happens, we don't think about anything except what we must take care of at that moment.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:16 PM   #12084
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I did, and yes, they all fit. I've got most of them ready to go to the cleaners. I always like to have things cleaned or washed before I wear them. A couple things can't be washed. Two things I really like a lot. One is a black pullover and it has leather across the top - like a yoke but also on the sleeves. The other is another black jersey pullover and has a really pretty black sequin collar. Both can be dressed up or down. Got a gray pullover also with gray sequins on the front, a couple long sleeve shirts for the cooler weather, 2 pairs of slacks, and a couple more tops. I think I'm set for awhile.
Sounds like you are. I'm holding off on shopping for a couple more months yet. I'd like some new dress pants for conference but other than that I hope to need new clothes for TX.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #12085
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sometimes when life happens, we don't think about anything except what we must take care of at that moment.
Oh, I'm sure that's all she was thinking about, but when you've left things undone back at the office, it does leave everyone else in a tizzy with not knowing what is going one.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #12086
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sounds like you are. I'm holding off on shopping for a couple more months yet. I'd like some new dress pants for conference but other than that I hope to need new clothes for TX.
Oh, when's the plan to come to TX?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-02-2012, 05:26 PM   #12087
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wow! That sounds like a really good meal and very inexpensive for all that food.

I had chicken, potatoes, and veggies for lunch when I got home for church. Tonight I popped in 2 Crumpets that I got at HEB yesterday. I've never had them before and have never seen them in the store before. They were very tasty. I put some Raspberry Curd on them and had some yogurt.

I've been working on my PSC card for this week. The theme is whatever season you want to celebrate, but you need to use a critter/ animal on your card.
Sounds like a fun challenge. Might look at it since I have the cards I need for this week. Maybe something from one of the challenge envelopes will fit.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:29 PM   #12088
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, when's the plan to come to TX?
I haven't gotten the dates for the music awards yet. This year they were in August. I'll be in Linden... which is in the NE corner.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:35 PM   #12089
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I haven't gotten the dates for the music awards yet. This year they were in August. I'll be in Linden... which is in the NE corner.
That is quite a hike! 4 1/2 hour drive out Hwy 59. Way out past Lufkin, but Suzy is a lot closer than I am.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-02-2012, 05:38 PM   #12090
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Sounds like a good menu. I'm doing zip tomorrow. More of whatever's left over in the fridge. taco's I believe.

Poor Tam. And if Faith is doing any of the teething Abby is, I really feel for the girl.
she is teething but more than that she just does not like to be contained... she like to sit and play or scoot around...so being in her car seat then in a stroller is just more than she wants... I may see about keeping her a couple of days again later in the week...I need to be gone most of the day Tuesday so maybe wed and thurs or thurs and friday... which ever is best for her... I know Krista offered to keep her tonight, or tomorrow night so we shall see

I think the "unknown" with grandpa is more of the problem...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 09-02-2012, 05:47 PM   #12091
Mini Quack

yummy I am so happy Ali learned to make fudge
yep it tastes so good tonight

Ali is still here, she is on the laptop and I am starting a new book, I just cut us both some fudge and decided to pop in for a minute...

Kel, sorry about the doggie that is sad about being all tangled up ...

Maggie, woo hoo on the clothes fitting, they sound so pretty I miss wearing nice things, I am mostly casual these days ... the top with leather really sounds nice

ok off to my chair I think unless I go get a bath first... decisions decisions lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-02-2012, 05:51 PM   #12092
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry.. this year they were in March. Geez. I think I'm tired and Bob won't be calling for another 2 hours.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:53 PM   #12093
Stazon Splitcoast

Well, Bob can't call for about another hour yet. I'm tired but need to wait for him to call. I really hate this shift he's one.
Old 09-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #12094
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Gosh, it sure felt good to sleep in. I woke up a couple times, but was able to doze back off again until I finally was awake at 7 and then I just stayed in bed a little longer with my Kindle Fire.

I decided I better get up cause those furry babies outside were waiting for breakfast.

Plans to be crafting today. I did get my PSC card done, but have a few other projects to work on also.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-03-2012, 05:11 AM   #12095
Mini Quack

Good Morning... I slept pretty good, I think I only got up twice, and one of those was near 6:00 am so that is awesome for me

Daisy slept with Ali again, I woke up when I heard Ali let her out ... When Krista called to check on Ali at 9:30 last night, Ali asked is she could just stay again... that is the best feeling, I miss Ali doing that... We both just sat and read pr was on the computer, but at least she was here with me

Time for tea and computer then off to get busy and get things done so I can enjoy my family and Sue later No rain today and back up in the high 80's... A great day to play ladder ball or be outside

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-03-2012, 06:45 AM   #12096
Stazon Splitcoast

Good morning Quackers.

I didn't want to get up either, Maggie. But I had the column to write and post to the editor. It's done and now I can do what I want the rest of the day. Rugs and bedding get washed today. We have a breeze and sunshine. Hoping it dries the lawn out so I can mow this afternoon. I haven't had to mow since March!
Old 09-03-2012, 06:46 AM   #12097
Stazon Splitcoast

Need to go fix some breakfast and start the laundry. Bob should be calling soon. Will check in later.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:32 AM   #12098
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Hi all....
I guess we'll have a lazy sort of day today. No big plans. I mentioned about going to Joanns...don't need anything really. He mentioned about Petsmart...needing a few supplies. Since they are next to each other....works great!
Old 09-03-2012, 07:33 AM   #12099
Mini Quack

Ali and I are both enjoying a quiet morning... guess I should go do some thing lol

laundry going, tea made I am all freshened up and dressed, Daisy is brushed...and my floors are clean...that is it ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-03-2012, 08:03 AM   #12100
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Dody glad you are sitting back, and not over doing...
some times life being simple is a good thing... Sounds like a nice day... I hope tomorrow is as good for you...

We are cooking brats, italian sausage and hot dogs, there will be cottage cheese, deviled eggs and either chips or french fries , that depends on my mood lol ...
Krista is making orange fluff too

I hope to simply relax and enjoy each other
I noticed today when we saw Tammy she was frazzled, between grandpa calling and wanting her to do things and Faith not napping well or adjusting to being on the go as needed...
I hope tomorrow she can just rest
Thanks for the support. Ladies. It was either do it that that or be grumpy & who wants to stay with a grump?

Soni the menu sounds good, I hope y'all have a good day. Poor Tammy, I hope today she can relax a bit & rest.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-03-2012, 08:05 AM   #12101
First To Quack

Quote:
My morning started out rough, but the rest of the day has been pretty productive.

Bear would not stop barking last night. I know the deer are moving and I figured that's what had him all worked up. Well, apparently it wasn't the whole problem because he was still barking when I got up after 10 a.m. (don't ask hehe) trying to tell me something.

The poor thing... whatever got him riled last night caused a major problem for him.
Apparently, in barking at whatever was in the yard, he got his lead cable all twisted up in knots, into his shedding cotton fur and it was twisted so tight up behind his front right leg it was pulling the hair out. I know it had to hurt. The cable was twisted so tight that either the wires inside had broken, or he'd chewed them trying to get it off himself.
He stood patiently and let me cut it away with a box cutter which took me over 1/2 an hour. He's now happily running loose, which will NOT make my neighbor happy. Can you guess what my neighbor can do if wants to say something LOL
oh poor boy! for some reason I thought he was in a run not on a lead.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 AM   #12102
First To Quack

Liz's folks have left & we have the house to ourselves again. I have to wash their sheets & towels & then we will be back to normal. The count is 42 days now! Getting close now I think my book is calling me, I have the newest Debbie Macomber & then maybe a nap. Now that's a Labor Day I can get behind.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 AM   #12103
First To Quack

Suzy, funny now that you mention it JoAnn is usually next or close to a PetSmart or PetCo...hmmmmmmmmmmm

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-03-2012, 08:22 AM   #12104
Mini Quack

Dody thanks, I just see me all over again with what I went thru with my mom, and I did not have a baby to take care of, and enjoy...

I just hope this does not drain her ... I will do anything I can to help... I want her to be able to enjoy her time with her grandpa too...

I hope she does come today, and we can all enjoy Faith to give her a break

enjoy your day now, I want to try to read some too, I think I have most things ready other than opening the sausages and getting them ready for the grill ...

today was planned to be EASY... I think we all need that .. lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-03-2012, 08:30 AM   #12105
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Liz's folks have left & we have the house to ourselves again. I have to wash their sheets & towels & then we will be back to normal. The count is 42 days now! Getting close now I think my book is calling me, I have the newest Debbie Macomber & then maybe a nap. Now that's a Labor Day I can get behind.
I just read Heat WAVE by Jill Marie Landis... it was really good... a bit heavy in areas but with reading
Robyn Carr I learned to look over that the story line was good and kept my interest ... I had never read her before...I think she has one title Lovers Lane and it may have been first, not sure I plan to look for it too I am hoping and waiting to see if our library gets the new Debbie Macomber in soon

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-03-2012, 08:57 AM   #12106
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Well, I'm popping in again....
I have the sheets in the washer. Just figured those should be done. So, I guess I'm not resting yet!!! We haven't even made a specific plan for getting out. When I came out to ask....I can't find his body any where! Hmmmmm...maybe he is working in the yard! Who knows! I just know that Pie is in the house....and Jack isn't at the picnic table with his computer!
Old 09-03-2012, 09:00 AM   #12107
Mini Quack

guess who is at my house???? C Ya All Later

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-03-2012, 09:52 AM   #12108
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm guessing Faith
Old 09-03-2012, 09:53 AM   #12109
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
oh poor boy! for some reason I thought he was in a run not on a lead.

The other two dogs are... and Bear will be when we're done with the new kennel. Of course, Bob would be working 5 days over for the first time in forever which means less time home to get it done.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #12110
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Good morning Quackers.

I didn't want to get up either, Maggie. But I had the column to write and post to the editor. It's done and now I can do what I want the rest of the day. Rugs and bedding get washed today. We have a breeze and sunshine. Hoping it dries the lawn out so I can mow this afternoon. I haven't had to mow since March!
I can't imagine what my lawn would look like if we hadn't mowed since March! Gad! With all the rain we've had, it would be jungle.

I've been very busy with chores today. Cleaned up my desk and the kitchen. I had some little teeny tiny ants all around my sink and the cabinet where I store medicines, first aid things, some bottles and bowls. Couldn't imagine what they were after. As I cleaned everything out, I found them crawling all over a bag of cough drops and Riccollas. Tossed them out and then cleaned off all the shelves, wiped them down and sprayed ant killer all around the outside, also around the window sash corners - where there is a little opening. Hopefully this will keep them out for awhile. I do need to spray along the outside. I need to check the weather and see when it's going to rain again. No sense in spraying if the rain will just wash it away.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #12111
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Glad that weekend is behind you. It's great to have company, but also nice when they leave and you can get back to normal and do what you want without having to entertain.

WOO HOO! 42 days!

Enjoy the rest of the day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-03-2012, 11:25 AM   #12112
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Suzy, funny now that you mention it JoAnn is usually next or close to a PetSmart or PetCo...hmmmmmmmmmmm
Not around here. The Joann's closest to me is not near either one of those places although Michael's is. There's a PetsMart across the street from Michael's which is closest to me. Then there is a PetCo in the same center as a Michael's where I go on my way home from work.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #12113
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Well, I'm popping in again....
I have the sheets in the washer. Just figured those should be done. So, I guess I'm not resting yet!!! We haven't even made a specific plan for getting out. When I came out to ask....I can't find his body any where! Hmmmmm...maybe he is working in the yard! Who knows! I just know that Pie is in the house....and Jack isn't at the picnic table with his computer!
I have not really had a rest today. I"ve got laundry going to; in fact, I need to go change them out.

Hmmmm. . . . a missing body. Hope you find it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-03-2012, 11:27 AM   #12114
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sweetness of course. Enjoy your time with the grands.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Old 09-03-2012, 12:59 PM   #12115
First To Quack

Quote:
The other two dogs are... and Bear will be when we're done with the new kennel. Of course, Bob would be working 5 days over for the first time in forever which means less time home to get it done.
lol, didn't realize that you even had 2 other dogs! Okay, kiddo let's do a head count...how many critters do ya have?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-03-2012, 01:03 PM   #12116
First To Quack

Quote:
Glad that weekend is behind you. It's great to have company, but also nice when they leave and you can get back to normal and do what you want without having to entertain.

WOO HOO! 42 days!

Enjoy the rest of the day.
heeheeheee, I thought I was the only one who enjoyed company leaving as much as I enjoy them coming. Funny how the quiet before they come is boring but the quiet afterward is refreshing.

yeah, 42 days until closing....worse case 21 days with Justin & Liz, lol!!! 12 days until we can give our 30 days notice for moving OUT of here... I have not counted days like this since I was in school waiting for summer!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-03-2012, 01:05 PM   #12117
First To Quack

Quote:
I have not really had a rest today. I"ve got laundry going to; in fact, I need to go change them out.

I chuckled about that too

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-03-2012, 01:42 PM   #12118
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Yes, it is....and we hit both! Including lunch out and Half Price Books! Great day!
Old 09-03-2012, 01:46 PM   #12119
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:

He found me!!!! I went and looked outside....I looked in the living room. He wasn't in the kitchen. So, I wasn't sure where he was. He ended up being in the office....oh gosh, what a novel place to be!! He said he was working on the computer back there. Okay....
Old 09-03-2012, 01:47 PM   #12120
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
heeheeheee, I thought I was the only one who enjoyed company leaving as much as I enjoy them coming. Funny how the quiet before they come is boring but the quiet afterward is refreshing.

yeah, 42 days until closing....worse case 21 days with Justin & Liz, lol!!! 12 days until we can give our 30 days notice for moving OUT of here... I have not counted days like this since I was in school waiting for summer!
Nope...same here!