Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6407Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #12041
Stazon Splitcoast

If Bob is calling tonight, it will be within the next 1/2 hour so I'm going to start shutting stuff down for the night. I'll check in tomorrow.
Sweet Dreams.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #12042
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Sounds like you had a good day Soni. I sat in the car for about 5 minutes when I got to Lowe's because it was pouring rain. I even had an umbrella but I still would have gotten pretty wet. By the time I got done in there, it had cleared off.

I get my "right size" envelopes at Staples. I hate that they have started making them the 4 x 6 size. I also go to Staples to get my padded square envelopes for my embellished cards.
I have noticed than a lot of the store brands are 4 in now, we may need to adjust our cards
I really prefer SU... today I got 50 for $5.00 so I will use them,
I have about 100 of some ivory ones with a gold line on them, but they are 4 x 5 1/4 I think...I am planning on cutting my Christmas cards to fit them I do not want to waste that many
I checked on some at Office Depot, but for 100 they were $14.99 and so flimsy, I just did not like them... The 4 x6 are nice if I want to include a picture... but still do not want to cut card stock to fit that, unless it is the 12 x 12

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 09-01-2012 at 07:12 PM..
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #12043
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
You could... but then you'd miss out on the chat time with everyone. Make a friend and go to lunch.
Oh, I stick around for lunch since it's only an hour, but we have a dinner break from 4 - 6 so not sure what the plan will be for that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-01-2012, 09:18 PM   #12044
Mini Quack

The girls are here...so I am off to visit with them then time to go to bed

good night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-02-2012, 03:33 AM   #12045
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Church this morning and then the rest of the day for me!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 06:23 AM   #12046
Mini Quack

And good morning... The girls and I were up late...So I am letting them sleep in
We are going to go in town after while, to do some shopping...then return Brooke to her mommy...She needs to go to her dads tomorrow for the holiday.

It is not raining right now, but there is a 50 % chance today... I think I see the sun trying to peek out : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 09-02-2012 at 06:47 AM..
Old 09-02-2012, 07:17 AM   #12047
First To Quack

morning! all caught up on reading but no time to comment right now. the visit is going well, much better than I even hoped.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #12048
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody...glad the visit is going well.
Old 09-02-2012, 07:29 AM   #12049
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Not sure what our day will be besides going over to the other house to check things out and do the yard if it's needed.
Old 09-02-2012, 09:15 AM   #12050
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
morning! all caught up on reading but no time to comment right now. the visit is going well, much better than I even hoped.
that is great

hey can you explain pinterest to me dome day I feel so lost

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-02-2012, 09:54 AM   #12051
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Unless it's uber cold outside, if we get home after dark, we just bring in the cold stuff and get everything else the next morning. Especially in the summer time when we'd have to fight the bugs at the porch light trying to get in the house without them joining us
Addison, Ashley and I went for pizza last night and then stopped to pickup my groceries. Ashley helped carry in and then we all went over to there house. Addison wanted me to watch her take a bubble bath. Davina and Chad got home about 8:45 and I guess it was really hard to drive away and leave Cody there. Must have been hard to him too because by 9:00pm he was texting his Dad. This is going to be such a hard adjustment for all to make. I thought maybe it was because he's the first to "leave the nest" but Davina says it will probably get harder with each one. She's going to get a web-camera this week. Chad kind of teased her about it, but Davina says she will buy it with her photography earnings and he has nothing to say about it.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 09-02-2012, 10:10 AM   #12052
Stazon Splitcoast

Feeling a little down today - don't really have any significance to the date, but it was a year ago that I lost my job. Feeling lonely - I think. Went to church this morning and then went up to the little cafe for breakfast. First time I've eaten there under the new ownership. It was really good and the price was more than reasonable. Had a 3 egg omelet of bacon, cheddar cheese and onions, toast and coffee for less than $8. Food was served hot and it was good. Hope Shawn is able to keep it going over the winter months. I'm certainly going to eat there whenever I can afford to - he does have limited hours, so it will probably only be on the Sundays that I'm off.

Last owner served horrible food and the prices were "big-city". I ate there one time and never went back. I had ordered a bacon-cheese omelet and instead of bacon they had made it with "bacon bits" - the kind you put on salads. OMGosh it was absolutely horrible tasting and they charged $8.00 just for the omelet. Needless to say they weren't in business very long.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:22 AM   #12053
Stazon Splitcoast

off to check out the gallery - not that I'm anywhere near having a space to create, but it doesn't hurt to look and comment.

Old 09-02-2012, 10:59 AM   #12054
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
And good morning... The girls and I were up late...So I am letting them sleep in
We are going to go in town after while, to do some shopping...then return Brooke to her mommy...She needs to go to her dads tomorrow for the holiday.

It is not raining right now, but there is a 50 % chance today... I think I see the sun trying to peek out : )
Glad that you and the girls had a girls' sleepover. Hope you have a fun day without any rain to spoil it. We've got a small chance of showers, but not much. So far sunny, hot and humid.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00 AM   #12055
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Great news! So happy that you're having an enjoyable time with your guests.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 11:01 AM   #12056
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Not sure what our day will be besides going over to the other house to check things out and do the yard if it's needed.
I hope it doesn't take too much more time for you to have to do that and that they will eventually get that estate all sorted out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 11:03 AM   #12057
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
Addison, Ashley and I went for pizza last night and then stopped to pickup my groceries. Ashley helped carry in and then we all went over to there house. Addison wanted me to watch her take a bubble bath. Davina and Chad got home about 8:45 and I guess it was really hard to drive away and leave Cody there. Must have been hard to him too because by 9:00pm he was texting his Dad. This is going to be such a hard adjustment for all to make. I thought maybe it was because he's the first to "leave the nest" but Davina says it will probably get harder with each one. She's going to get a web-camera this week. Chad kind of teased her about it, but Davina says she will buy it with her photography earnings and he has nothing to say about it.
That is a really hard time, and I can understand it gets harder with each one because then you're left with no one there. At least now, there are a couple more still at home. I've talked to my DD in CA about what she is going to do in 2 more years when her youngest is off to school. She needs to find her own pathway in life.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #12058
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Feeling a little down today - don't really have any significance to the date, but it was a year ago that I lost my job. Feeling lonely - I think. Went to church this morning and then went up to the little cafe for breakfast. First time I've eaten there under the new ownership. It was really good and the price was more than reasonable. Had a 3 egg omelet of bacon, cheddar cheese and onions, toast and coffee for less than $8. Food was served hot and it was good. Hope Shawn is able to keep it going over the winter months. I'm certainly going to eat there whenever I can afford to - he does have limited hours, so it will probably only be on the Sundays that I'm off.

Last owner served horrible food and the prices were "big-city". I ate there one time and never went back. I had ordered a bacon-cheese omelet and instead of bacon they had made it with "bacon bits" - the kind you put on salads. OMGosh it was absolutely horrible tasting and they charged $8.00 just for the omelet. Needless to say they weren't in business very long.
That's great that the new place has much better food and at a reasonable amount. Ewwwww. . . I can't tolerate bacon bits even on my salad. If I'm going to have bacon, I want the real thing even if it's turkey bacon, at least it's not fabricated from something else.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 11:56 AM   #12059
First To Quack

Quote:
that is great

hey can you explain pinterest to me dome day I feel so lost
If what I wrote on FB doesn't clear it up, I'll call ya tomorrow!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-02-2012, 12:12 PM   #12060
First To Quack

I think I was feeling 'put upon' when we didn't hear what/when/etc of this visit because after Matt's visit I felt I was used like the hired help. I spendt way too much time "making it nice' and cleaning up the kitchen afterward. Somehow Bud thought I enjoyed doing it all (men!) I hate that! Anyhow I stocked up the kitchen &.....sat-on-my-butt the night they got in! LOL!!! Bud & I ate dinner early & I had it all cleaned up before anyone got here. Since no one got here until after 7 I didn't feel a sit down dinner was needed. Liz made herself a sandwich @ 9 & Sam helped himself to one too. I forced myself to sit and visit and let everyone know that they were welcome to whatever they could find. Breakfast was bagal, muffins & fruit both days...again help yourself. Sam then went golfing by himself, Bud & Justin watched the Ohio State football game & Liz, Marda & I hung out in the pool. Everyone helped themselves to sandwiches when they wanted it (even Bud who made a PB&J because it was the easiest) again I made myself sit back & let them! Not easy but I need to do this. They are perfectly happy to help themselves, Marda NEVER cooks or 'fixes' for Sam. By now I am relaxed & enjoing myself (who knew!!) In the afternoon we drove up to Mt Dora, showed off the house & the model, went to Bob Evans for dinner (Sam paid ) then walked around Downtown Mt Dora, had frozen custard & watched fireworks shot off over Lake Dora. aToday they all went to Disney Animal Kingdom but we chose to stay home. I was able to get 5 loads of laundry done and bathe the dogs. I will make a quick dinner for all tonight. I really need to adopt this new attitude cause I don't think anyone appreciates me killing myself to the point of getting crabby. And I have found the more I do, the more Bud expects...it's not 'special' anymore but expected.

okay that was way long, feel free to skip reading it!!! LOL!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 09-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #12061
Quacker Stamper

Yea for you Dody. Sounds like everyone is enjoying themselves as well as you. I don't really see any reason for a person to wait upon others especially when the others essentially invited themselves to your house. That is an extra special thing that you will make dinner for them tonight. I'm sure that will be appreciated. So glad that you got to enjoy the visit as well.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 12:45 PM   #12062
Quacker Stamper

I don't think I told you guys that the little black kitty came back. I think it was Thursday night when I got home and she was out on the front porch just crying and crying for something to eat so I put some food out there. After she ate what she wanted, I went and picked it up. I had to put it down the disposal because there were ants crawling all over it. I guess I left it out there too long. Next time I just pick it up when she's done.

Well, she's back out today sitting on the sidewalk, not crying or anything. I tapped on the window so she'd know I was here. She just turned around and looked and then turned back around. So I guess she's not hungry right now. I don't really like feeding them in the front yard because I don't want to attract other animals to my house, but as long as she eats and I can pick it up, it'll be okay.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #12063
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody....good for you!!! It sounds like you have enjoyed the visit...and have relaxed at the same time! That is the way that we are use to things when we visit people. We do let them know when we are arriving!! But, otherwise, we are on our own for breakfast and lunch. Then MIL will "think" about dinner. Her schedule is so weird...sometimes she was home for dinner and other times it was closer to 8:30pm (after her class left the gym). We sort of do it like that at Deb's....except we usually have breakfast and lunch together.....she and work together to get that going. Then dinner the same way....both of us working in the kitchen....or her hubby doing all the cooking one night!
Old 09-02-2012, 02:42 PM   #12064
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Sue....sorry you were feeling low today. Glad that you did get out and enjoy this new place to eat. Sounds like it went well....hope they can keep it up too.
Old 09-02-2012, 02:45 PM   #12065
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
I hope it doesn't take too much more time for you to have to do that and that they will eventually get that estate all sorted out.
We were talking about that at lunch today.....it was a late lunch. We just got home! We figure if the families have been sent a letter and they are waiting for replies...okay...at least the lawyer has done SOMETHING! But, if the cousin says that the lawyer still hasn't done anything...and it's been a month since "we" supplied the names of the "missing" family. Then Jack and I both agreed...it's time for a new lawyer. One that will work! Jack says he gets rather depressed after we have been over at the other house. Since nothing has been done to get this moving!
Old 09-02-2012, 03:13 PM   #12066
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
We were talking about that at lunch today.....it was a late lunch. We just got home! We figure if the families have been sent a letter and they are waiting for replies...okay...at least the lawyer has done SOMETHING! But, if the cousin says that the lawyer still hasn't done anything...and it's been a month since "we" supplied the names of the "missing" family. Then Jack and I both agreed...it's time for a new lawyer. One that will work! Jack says he gets rather depressed after we have been over at the other house. Since nothing has been done to get this moving!
Yes, and there you two are over there doing all the cleaning up work that the family should be doing. I know you guys were friends of the man who passed away, but still the family should be the ones that are taking care of all of the personal/house stuff. I remember so well when my girls' dad passed away 2 years ago and how much work they had to do to clean it up so they could put it on the market to sell. They were over there all day every day and then Debbie had to do a lot on her own after Lisa had to go back to CA. It was not an easy task for either one of them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 03:18 PM   #12067
Quacker Stamper

I just heard from Colleen over on The Outlawz site. I never did get my goodie bag prize that I won back in July. Don't know what happened to the girl that was supposed to send it, but Colleen e-mailed her twice and I e-mailed her once, and neither of us has heard from her. I looked at her blog and it doesn't seem that she's posted anything on there since early August. Anyway, Colleen sent me a $10 GC to Oozak. com. That's pretty cool. I love Oozak and can spent $10 there in no time at all.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #12068
Mini Quack

Quote:
If what I wrote on FB doesn't clear it up, I'll call ya tomorrow!
I have not tried that yet I will try to follow that... just enjoy your company, no t important right at this minute ... thanks tho
Ali is here with me, just a super quiet evening

We only made it to a 3 stores, We were planning on getting Ali back here to go some where with Donovan, but on the way home she changed her mind and decided not to go ...So she is now busy making fudge gotta love that girl...
I finished my book, and I really need to find some thing to eat, but nothing sounds good

We did stop at the grocery store to pick up what we needed to cook tomorrow...
Ali found 2 pair of jeans and a coup;e of tops and a light weight zip up hoodie...
Brooke found a pair of capris and a top
I found a top

and we never made it to the moll ... lol just Gordmans and Old Navy and Claires

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-02-2012, 04:17 PM   #12069
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I just heard from Colleen over on The Outlawz site. I never did get my goodie bag prize that I won back in July. Don't know what happened to the girl that was supposed to send it, but Colleen e-mailed her twice and I e-mailed her once, and neither of us has heard from her. I looked at her blog and it doesn't seem that she's posted anything on there since early August. Anyway, Colleen sent me a $10 GC to Oozak. com. That's pretty cool. I love Oozak and can spent $10 there in no time at all.
Life happens unfortunately. That was sweet of Colleen to step in and take care of it. Congrats
Old 09-02-2012, 04:18 PM   #12070
Mini Quack

Maggie have you tried on your new clothes from Penny's??
Did it all fit ok

I wanted to go there today, but we did not make it there ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-02-2012, 04:21 PM   #12071
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Glad to hear it, Dody!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:23 PM   #12072
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Awww. Poor Davina. Yes, it is tough. It's a whole new world for Cody, too. And I'm sure it's bothering Chad more than he's letting on.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:28 PM   #12073
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yea for you Dody. Sounds like everyone is enjoying themselves as well as you. I don't really see any reason for a person to wait upon others especially when the others essentially invited themselves to your house. That is an extra special thing that you will make dinner for them tonight. I'm sure that will be appreciated. So glad that you got to enjoy the visit as well.
I ditto this! Go Dody!
Old 09-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #12074
Mini Quack

Dody glad you are sitting back, and not over doing...
some times life being simple is a good thing... Sounds like a nice day... I hope tomorrow is as good for you...

We are cooking brats, italian sausage and hot dogs, there will be cottage cheese, deviled eggs and either chips or french fries , that depends on my mood lol ...
Krista is making orange fluff too

I hope to simply relax and enjoy each other
I noticed today when we saw Tammy she was frazzled, between grandpa calling and wanting her to do things and Faith not napping well or adjusting to being on the go as needed...
I hope tomorrow she can just rest

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-02-2012, 04:40 PM   #12075
Stazon Splitcoast

My morning started out rough, but the rest of the day has been pretty productive.

Bear would not stop barking last night. I know the deer are moving and I figured that's what had him all worked up. Well, apparently it wasn't the whole problem because he was still barking when I got up after 10 a.m. (don't ask hehe) trying to tell me something.

The poor thing... whatever got him riled last night caused a major problem for him.
Apparently, in barking at whatever was in the yard, he got his lead cable all twisted up in knots, into his shedding cotton fur and it was twisted so tight up behind his front right leg it was pulling the hair out. I know it had to hurt. The cable was twisted so tight that either the wires inside had broken, or he'd chewed them trying to get it off himself.
He stood patiently and let me cut it away with a box cutter which took me over 1/2 an hour. He's now happily running loose, which will NOT make my neighbor happy. Can you guess what my neighbor can do if wants to say something LOL
Old 09-02-2012, 04:52 PM   #12076
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Dody glad you are sitting back, and not over doing...
some times life being simple is a good thing... Sounds like a nice day... I hope tomorrow is as good for you...

We are cooking brats, italian sausage and hot dogs, there will be cottage cheese, deviled eggs and either chips or french fries , that depends on my mood lol ...
Krista is making orange fluff too

I hope to simply relax and enjoy each other
I noticed today when we saw Tammy she was frazzled, between grandpa calling and wanting her to do things and Faith not napping well or adjusting to being on the go as needed...
I hope tomorrow she can just rest
Sounds like a good menu. I'm doing zip tomorrow. More of whatever's left over in the fridge. taco's I believe.

Poor Tam. And if Faith is doing any of the teething Abby is, I really feel for the girl.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:55 PM   #12077
Stazon Splitcoast

Since I missed breakfast this morning, I went into Cindy's for her pre-labor day dinner. There are no choices. YOu get what she's cooking for the day. Today the dinner special was:
Oven roasted leg quarter, 1/2 c. mashed potatoes, serving spoon of sweet potatoes, 1/2 c each of corn and seasoned french-style green beans, 1/2 c. dressing and a homemade dinner roll - (still hot from the oven!) and a bowl of chicken and dumplings for $8.50

I brought the chicken and dumplings home and just ate them a bit ago.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #12078
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Life happens unfortunately. That was sweet of Colleen to step in and take care of it. Congrats
It was very sweet of her. Funny thing is I just got an e-mail from anaRY who is the girl that was supposed to send me the prize. Seems that she had some family matters come up and her adoptive mom was very ill and passed away a couple weeks ago. You would think she would have let someone know that she was going to be gone for an extended period of time. She's on the DT for The Outlawz and Through The Craftroom Door and some other ones also. I went to her blog tonight and saw that she hadn't posted anything since early August. I e-mailed Colleen and told her that I heard from the girl and that I was giving her back her GC to Oozak because I really wanted to get the goodie bag. Not sure how they take it back since it was already sent, but there must be some way to cancel the code number for the gift.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #12079
Stazon Splitcoast

I've completed my first mixed media project and it's posted on my blog. It's my entry for the Sweethaven books give away.
Old 09-02-2012, 04:59 PM   #12080
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie have you tried on your new clothes from Penny's??
Did it all fit ok

I wanted to go there today, but we did not make it there ...
I did, and yes, they all fit. I've got most of them ready to go to the cleaners. I always like to have things cleaned or washed before I wear them. A couple things can't be washed. Two things I really like a lot. One is a black pullover and it has leather across the top - like a yoke but also on the sleeves. The other is another black jersey pullover and has a really pretty black sequin collar. Both can be dressed up or down. Got a gray pullover also with gray sequins on the front, a couple long sleeve shirts for the cooler weather, 2 pairs of slacks, and a couple more tops. I think I'm set for awhile.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts