Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7382Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #12001
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I can't drink large amounts of water - as I retain it horribly. But tea is a natural diuretic so I can drink it and pee all I want
yes tea is, but the caffeine in it still hangs in your body...I try to drink a glass of water for every one or two teas I drink that helps the swelling go down with me and yes I have no problem with going to the bathroom...all day and all night lol

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 09-01-2012, 08:55 AM   #12002
Mini Quack

well my plans are made, unless the heavy rains continue then I will stay at home...yep I am a wimp...I do not like driving on the rain...

Sue and I plan to meet at Hobbly Lobby then go to Michaels, then to eat...Bob Evans I think... yum
I mat see if she wants to look at Scrapadoodle...if not, I will do that another day...

Sue decided that she is not going to church tonight, if I do not mind waiting til next week to visit... Truthfully, I think she is just concerned about me driving that way in the rain... but she may have something that came up...not sure

My faucet is in and working, Cody came over with his dad to help him finish it...
we were talking about where all the hurricane was affecting...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-01-2012, 09:13 AM   #12003
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've had breakfast. Homemade egg mcmuffin and a cup of coffee. Soon as I've finished the card threads I need to mix up cat food then get started.

Soni, How is grandpa Don doing?
That's what I had for breakfast today too. Love it. I added a couple thin slices of avocado to mine. Yummy.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 09-01-2012, 09:15 AM   #12004
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I kind of wish I was not going any where...I do not like to drive in the rain...
I have not heard from Sue yet, so I am not sure...
I think a little shopping, maybe dinner and church will be what we end up with...
I saw on the news that Isaac is moving up your way with a lot of rain. They said there could be as much as 3 ft. of water in some areas. This one wasn't that strong, but it sure has been dumping a lot of water along the way.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 09:16 AM   #12005
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
Checked out the website for Kroger and the closest one to me is about 100 miles away. That wouldn't be a cost savings!

Maybe if I ever get down in the area of a Krogers, they will be having that kind of sale. Should watch to see if there's anything around here that would be similar.

Morrning all -

have to take Ashley for Drivers Ed behind the wheel - so Addison and I are going to a park for a couple of hours. Davina, Chad and Cody are headed to UW Stevens Point to move Cody into his dorm. Going to miss that boy, but he'll be home in 3 weeks for homecoming - he has to crown this year's king.

will try to stop back later to chat more
Hi Sue. Enjoy your time with Addison. Yes, it's that time of the year with all the big and little kids going back to school.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 09:19 AM   #12006
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We've been talking about altering how we shop. We've decided not to renew the Sam's Club membership. We only go a couple times a year. Plus it has to be done when we're already in Springfield - adding to what is already a long day. We've decided the club fee would be better spent just applying it to groceries locally and if I can combine coupons we'll save even more.

We're also trying to shop at WM less.. just for the things like the cat food we can only get there. I've hooked up with a couple of couponers and am learning how things have changed since I did couponing/ refunding eons ago. Our Kroger doesn't double any more but we do have a store in Mt. View that does. I just need to watch the sales there and make use of it. I also only buy the thing we'll eat. I don't buy something just because I have a coupon.

Sunday papers have gone to $3 and I have to drive 30 miles round trip to get one so unless I can make friends with my buddies at the recycling center (they can be bribed with goodies now and then hehe) I'll be using mostly printable coupons... but that limits how many I can use, too.
I can understand about not renewing Sam's club. I have a Costco membership and here it is September and I haven't even been there this year except once when I bought my Convection Oven. I would only go there to buy large quantities of stuff and it's just not convenient for me.

I'd just much rather go to HEB or Kroger. I may not renew mine in January either.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 09:20 AM   #12007
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
morning all....
We just had something really funny happen. A friend of ours sent a link to a festival with all kinds of cat videos.....awards given etc. We were watching those...all on youtube. I was then picking at random some other ones to watch. Well there is one that the cat has a rat/mouse in the toilet. It's playing with the mouse while the cat sits on a small stool near the toilet. At the very end...the cat pulls the mouse out of the toilet and it is making all kinds of squeaks. Now...here is the funny part......Pie jumps out of the chair...runs to find the mouse. He has been looking all around me while I've been at the computer. This has been going on for a few minutes....he is looking and meowing. He can't find it!!! Well, naturally...it's not here!!! I've laughed so hard!!! What a good way to start the day!!! He is now eating his crunchies...probably trying to figure out where to look next for that pesky mouse!!!
LOL! That is really funny. Silly kitty.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 09:22 AM   #12008
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Aheads up for my Texas friends... the hummingbirds are headed south over a month early this year. Mine are all but gone. I'll fill the feeder this morning but I'll bet I'm done by end of the weekend. They usually are just now starting to hit in droves... that happened back in August.
I filled up my feeders about 2 months ago and haven't seen one hummer yet. The level is down, so I don't know if it is just evaporating or if they are coming and feeding when I'm not looking or not outside.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 09:27 AM   #12009
Quacker Stamper

I"m home from having the oil change which turned into getting the transmission fluid drained and refilled also. They said it was time for it and it was looking sluggish. I figured that I was already there so they may as well get it done. Took 2 hours. They also had to rotate and balance the tires and put new wiper blades on it. Glad to have that all done for awhile.

After I left there I drove over to Penney's which is on my way home. Didn't take long there. I parked, went in, went upstairs to the Petite section, picked out 2 pairs of slacks (gray and royal blue) and a number of new tops. I really need tops and a couple for the cooler weather coming up. I was out of there in about 20 minutes. I didn't try anything on. I will here at home and if I don't like it or it doesn't fit, I'll just return them. I hate trying on clothes at the store.

Went by and gassed up the car and picked up my BP meds. Now to make a shopping list and go to the grocery store. Then I'll be done for the weekend!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #12010
Quacker Stamper

I saw on FB yesterday that Colleen Schaan posted about upcoming certification classes. I commented that I saw she was coming to Houston in November. She said, Yes she was. I then commented that if I had not already taken the class that I'd for sure sign up. She told me to sign up anyway. I said that I was going to let others who had not already taken the class sign up first and she said that I should sign up and that she'd love to have me in the class. So now I'm thinking about it. I'd love to retake the class.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 09:50 AM   #12011
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I saw on the news that Isaac is moving up your way with a lot of rain. They said there could be as much as 3 ft. of water in some areas. This one wasn't that strong, but it sure has been dumping a lot of water along the way.
so far not near that much but I think Iowa is getting more...we had over an inch by 10:00 am sure wish it could have been in time to help the farmers

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #12012
Mini Quack

It looks like the rain has let up...we had another down pour
So I think I will head on in to town, I need to stop and get gas too, I may have time to pick up my meds before I meet Sue...that could change which Bob Evans we eat at... there is one right near Michaels too ...

Hope you all enjoy your day...

I think the girls are planning on taking all the grand kids up to see grandpa... he was excited the other day to see Faith...I am hoping this has opened his heart up again, he has not wanted the kids to see him since he has been on oxygen...and that is a shame the level of love between them and him is some thing to be seen... He loves them and is so happy around them...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-01-2012, 11:11 AM   #12013
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Morning Sue

Yes, 100 miles is a ways. But then for me... that's about par for the course. I just choose the area with the most shopping options so I can do a bunch of things at once and make it cost effective.

West Plains - 45 miles - WM/ $Tree/ farm store and a couple of hardware/ lumber yards and 3 decent food options without eating fast food

Polar Bluff - 60 miles - Kroger/ WM/ Kmart/ $Tree/ Goodwill/ Home Depot and a scrapbook store

Springfield - 200 miles away (Think Peoria)
well, actually there are no Krogers at all in Wisconsin. I'd have to drive to Illinois. The closest grocery to me is about 8miles away and I do try to use them once in awhile even if there are expensive - I'd hate for them to close their doors - alot of elderly people in that town depend on them. Otherwise there is a WM about 30 miles in two different directions. I have thought about stopping on my way home from work in Madison, but by 7:30 at night I just want to get home and not worry about having to unload groceries from the car and put them away.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 09-01-2012, 11:13 AM   #12014
Stazon Splitcoast

Home from Muscoda - Ashley took Addison home and fed her some lunch. Now Ashley is mowing my lawn and Addision is playing with the magnets on the fridge. I've gotten my dishes done and am thinking about what to make for supper. There are ball tournaments at the park this weekend - maybe we can hit the food stand - at least support the Rod & Gun club which is running the stand. Some burgers, chips and sodas sound like a pretty good supper. Don't know what time Davina & Chad will be back - but I'm betting they will be pretty tired.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:52 AM   #12015
Stazon Splitcoast

just had to run and get gas for the mower - just hate getting gas at the local quick trip store - it's usually higher than any other place around. But there too, if the store doesn't get enough business - it will close and there are those who don't drive that depend on it.

Ashley is enjoying doing the mowing, she has on shorts, a tube top, her sun glasses and the ipod plugged in. Working on her tan while she mows. It usually takes a good hour on the rider to mow my lawn - glad I don't have to use a walk behind, I would have to split it into a couple of days.

Old 09-01-2012, 11:55 AM   #12016
Stazon Splitcoast

I turned off my A/C for the day and have opened the windows. This house has a smell that I know has to be dealt with. I need to remove the bedroom and living room carpeting to get rid of the smell. That will start to happen soon.

Like you Maggie, I'm putting stuff on eBay to get rid of it. That money is all going into savings for my major goals. The first goal is to get enough into the one savings account to cover my car insurance deductibles. Then into another savings account to work toward the new roof, a camper and a truck to pull the camper. Davina has said that I could use their pickup to pull a camper if I can find a good deal on one. Hoping to reach these goals in the next 2 yrs - so am saving and cutting corners wherever I can.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:35 PM   #12017
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yes tea is, but the caffeine in it still hangs in your body...I try to drink a glass of water for every one or two teas I drink that helps the swelling go down with me and yes I have no problem with going to the bathroom...all day and all night lol
That's why I only drink the decaf. I wish I could drink more water. I like it and is really my beverage of choice. It just doesn't like me
Old 09-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #12018
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I saw on FB yesterday that Colleen Schaan posted about upcoming certification classes. I commented that I saw she was coming to Houston in November. She said, Yes she was. I then commented that if I had not already taken the class that I'd for sure sign up. She told me to sign up anyway. I said that I was going to let others who had not already taken the class sign up first and she said that I should sign up and that she'd love to have me in the class. So now I'm thinking about it. I'd love to retake the class.
It sounds like she'd really like to have you in the class. Sometimes it's a help knowing they have someone who's been there/ done that - especially if the class size is large. You can kind of assist the person next to you if she's busy with someone else without encrouching on her teaching.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:04 PM   #12019
Stazon Splitcoast

Goals are good Sue. Sometimes they are the only thing that keeps us moving forward.
Old 09-01-2012, 02:06 PM   #12020
Stazon Splitcoast

I've not accomplished as much as I wanted today. The art piece for the Sweethaven challenge is dry. I'm hoping to get a little sunlight tomorrow to photograph it. Otherwise I'll have to set up lights on the worktable to get a good picture.

The laundry room is cleaned, mopped and the cat counter washed down good. I've found the source of a knat issue I've had the past few days and taken care of that. I guess I need to make room on the counter for my dehydrater and get the remaining onions sliced and set to dry.
Old 09-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #12021
Mini Quack

Quote:
I turned off my A/C for the day and have opened the windows. This house has a smell that I know has to be dealt with. I need to remove the bedroom and living room carpeting to get rid of the smell. That will start to happen soon.

Like you Maggie, I'm putting stuff on eBay to get rid of it. That money is all going into savings for my major goals. The first goal is to get enough into the one savings account to cover my car insurance deductibles. Then into another savings account to work toward the new roof, a camper and a truck to pull the camper. Davina has said that I could use their pickup to pull a camper if I can find a good deal on one. Hoping to reach these goals in the next 2 yrs - so am saving and cutting corners wherever I can.
I turned my A/C back on, the humidity is at 94% temps in the 70's I would love to open up the house...

I had a good day, other than getting soaked going into Hobby Lobby... We found a few things, envelopes were half price, they are not my favorite, but I was down to 2 whites... So they will will until I get some ordered...I like SU's where else do you guys get your envies at?
We went to Michaels, I did not get any thing...we ate at Bob Evans, then I went to get cd's made at Walgreens and pick up meds, and ran to Kohls...had Kohls cash... got a $35.00 BRA FOR UNDER $10.00 plus saw Tammy and Jim and Faith... that made my day

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-01-2012, 06:20 PM   #12022
Mini Quack

I hear Brooke is next door, the girls might come over here to stay over night... And we might go do some shopping tomorrow...

I am ready to put my feet up and read for a while...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 09-01-2012, 06:44 PM   #12023
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Soni, Maggie, Sue, Kelly....sounds like y'all had a full day.

I got my books done...went to meeting. I worked hard at the meeting keeping track of things sold to members and did membership. Then we went to eat with our regular group. Just got home. Wow...now to relax!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:46 PM   #12024
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

I guess we'll have another aerial spraying today....so, that will start in about 15 min. It will go until 2am. I only heard the plane buzz the house once. But, like Jack said...they had a lot of territory to cover and one trip was all that was needed in our area. Sure sounded like they were barely over the house!
Old 09-01-2012, 06:54 PM   #12025
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I hear Brooke is next door, the girls might come over here to stay over night... And we might go do some shopping tomorrow...

I am ready to put my feet up and read for a while...
Except for the rain, it sounds like a good day.

Oh... Direct TV game channell 110 is Free all weekend. Maybe the girls would like to check out the games on there.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:07 PM   #12026
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It looks like the rain has let up...we had another down pour
So I think I will head on in to town, I need to stop and get gas too, I may have time to pick up my meds before I meet Sue...that could change which Bob Evans we eat at... there is one right near Michaels too ...

Hope you all enjoy your day...

I think the girls are planning on taking all the grand kids up to see grandpa... he was excited the other day to see Faith...I am hoping this has opened his heart up again, he has not wanted the kids to see him since he has been on oxygen...and that is a shame the level of love between them and him is some thing to be seen... He loves them and is so happy around them...
I hope you enjoyed your day out with Sue.

I hope that Grandpa Don behaves himself with the DGC there to see him and that they will have an enjoyable visit. I know he's not happy with his lot in life right now, but it is what it is, and hopefully he'll make the best of it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #12027
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
well, actually there are no Krogers at all in Wisconsin. I'd have to drive to Illinois. The closest grocery to me is about 8miles away and I do try to use them once in awhile even if there are expensive - I'd hate for them to close their doors - alot of elderly people in that town depend on them. Otherwise there is a WM about 30 miles in two different directions. I have thought about stopping on my way home from work in Madison, but by 7:30 at night I just want to get home and not worry about having to unload groceries from the car and put them away.
Wow! I couldn't imagine not having a grocery store close to me. I get upset because the closest Kroger is about 2 1/2 miles from me. There are other stores closer, but I don't like any of them and won't go to them to shop. I'm with you about stopping at the store in the evening especially during the colder months when it's dark outside. I don't like to be out shopping in the dark.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:09 PM   #12028
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm just killing time waiitng for Bob to call. Adrian has already called. Multiple times she asked if it was time to come to my house... oh and Shell, she asked about Flat Jaydin... who has her ticket and is going home Wednesday
Old 09-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #12029
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

It would be nice to be able to open the windows and let fresh air in, but it's too hot and humid still here to do that. Hope you get the carpet pulled up soon so you can get it smelling nice again.

Sounds like a plan Sue. I hope we have luck selling the things that I want to get rid of. Every little bit will help.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:12 PM   #12030
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Wow! I couldn't imagine not having a grocery store close to me. I get upset because the closest Kroger is about 2 1/2 miles from me. There are other stores closer, but I don't like any of them and won't go to them to shop. I'm with you about stopping at the store in the evening especially during the colder months when it's dark outside. I don't like to be out shopping in the dark.
Unless it's uber cold outside, if we get home after dark, we just bring in the cold stuff and get everything else the next morning. Especially in the summer time when we'd have to fight the bugs at the porch light trying to get in the house without them joining us
Old 09-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #12031
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It sounds like she'd really like to have you in the class. Sometimes it's a help knowing they have someone who's been there/ done that - especially if the class size is large. You can kind of assist the person next to you if she's busy with someone else without encrouching on her teaching.
Yes, although I don't know why. I really like her though and look forward to being there for the class again. I'm one of those that really could use more instruction anyway. Too bad she lives so far away.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:13 PM   #12032
Stazon Splitcoast

AC on here too. We have some good wind but it's very tropical, thanks to Isaac. We had more rain showers tonight.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #12033
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've not accomplished as much as I wanted today. The art piece for the Sweethaven challenge is dry. I'm hoping to get a little sunlight tomorrow to photograph it. Otherwise I'll have to set up lights on the worktable to get a good picture.

The laundry room is cleaned, mopped and the cat counter washed down good. I've found the source of a knat issue I've had the past few days and taken care of that. I guess I need to make room on the counter for my dehydrater and get the remaining onions sliced and set to dry.
I have some pesky little teeny ants that have taken up residence inside one of my kitchen cabinets. It's the one where I keep all my meds and stuff - no food, so I don't know what the attraction is. I went to Lowe's today (right when it started to rain) and picked up some ant killer. I talked to one of the guys there and he told me the best ones to get so I got a spray and then a liquid gel type that I can just put down along the front of the inside of the cabinet to hopefully get rid of them. I think I need to spray outside too. That's where they are coming from. I read about these online and they come from damp areas. With all the rain we've been having it's not surprising.

Glad you got rid of your gnats. I get fruit flies from bananas that drive me bonkers.

One of these days I need to get my dehydrator out and use it for something. I always wanted to make some jerky and fruit leather.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:17 PM   #12034
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes, although I don't know why. I really like her though and look forward to being there for the class again. I'm one of those that really could use more instruction anyway. Too bad she lives so far away.
I understand. I have the same issue with art journalers. There are good instructors in St. Louis (which I will NOT drive in). The other really good gal I'd love to take a workshop with is in KS. Which in the grand scheme of things isn't far - about 5 hours... but there is the expense of lodging, food and the workshop for 3 days.
Old 09-01-2012, 07:19 PM   #12035
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I turned my A/C back on, the humidity is at 94% temps in the 70's I would love to open up the house...

I had a good day, other than getting soaked going into Hobby Lobby... We found a few things, envelopes were half price, they are not my favorite, but I was down to 2 whites... So they will will until I get some ordered...I like SU's where else do you guys get your envies at?
We went to Michaels, I did not get any thing...we ate at Bob Evans, then I went to get cd's made at Walgreens and pick up meds, and ran to Kohls...had Kohls cash... got a $35.00 BRA FOR UNDER $10.00 plus saw Tammy and Jim and Faith... that made my day
Sounds like you had a good day Soni. I sat in the car for about 5 minutes when I got to Lowe's because it was pouring rain. I even had an umbrella but I still would have gotten pretty wet. By the time I got done in there, it had cleared off.

I get my "right size" envelopes at Staples. I hate that they have started making them the 4 x 6 size. I also go to Staples to get my padded square envelopes for my embellished cards.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:20 PM   #12036
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I have some pesky little teeny ants that have taken up residence inside one of my kitchen cabinets. It's the one where I keep all my meds and stuff - no food, so I don't know what the attraction is. I went to Lowe's today (right when it started to rain) and picked up some ant killer. I talked to one of the guys there and he told me the best ones to get so I got a spray and then a liquid gel type that I can just put down along the front of the inside of the cabinet to hopefully get rid of them. I think I need to spray outside too. That's where they are coming from. I read about these online and they come from damp areas. With all the rain we've been having it's not surprising.

Glad you got rid of your gnats. I get fruit flies from bananas that drive me bonkers.

One of these days I need to get my dehydrator out and use it for something. I always wanted to make some jerky and fruit leather.
I'd love to make fruit leather but I've never ordered the mat for it. I just have three racks that came with it. Bob did jerky once but he wasn't happy with it. I think it's 0the way he did it but that's my opinion
Old 09-01-2012, 07:21 PM   #12037
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
I guess we'll have another aerial spraying today....so, that will start in about 15 min. It will go until 2am. I only heard the plane buzz the house once. But, like Jack said...they had a lot of territory to cover and one trip was all that was needed in our area. Sure sounded like they were barely over the house!
I"m glad to hear that they are doing that up there. Dallas area has really been hit hard with the West Nile virus. We've had a little of it down here, but not as bad as you guys.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:23 PM   #12038
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'd love to make fruit leather but I've never ordered the mat for it. I just have three racks that came with it. Bob did jerky once but he wasn't happy with it. I think it's 0the way he did it but that's my opinion
I'd like to make turkey jerky. Something to put in my food storage.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:25 PM   #12039
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I understand. I have the same issue with art journalers. There are good instructors in St. Louis (which I will NOT drive in). The other really good gal I'd love to take a workshop with is in KS. Which in the grand scheme of things isn't far - about 5 hours... but there is the expense of lodging, food and the workshop for 3 days.
I didn't mind spending the money to go to Dallas for the class. Of course if I had known she was coming to Houston this year, I may have put that off until now. This time it won't cost me anything except for meals out. I'll have to scope out the area where it is being held to see what kind of restaurants they have in the area. Lunch is only 1 hour, but we have a 2 hour break for dinner. I could probably come home.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 09-01-2012, 07:30 PM   #12040
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I didn't mind spending the money to go to Dallas for the class. Of course if I had known she was coming to Houston this year, I may have put that off until now. This time it won't cost me anything except for meals out. I'll have to scope out the area where it is being held to see what kind of restaurants they have in the area. Lunch is only 1 hour, but we have a 2 hour break for dinner. I could probably come home.
You could... but then you'd miss out on the chat time with everyone. Make a friend and go to lunch.