In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7779Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2012, 01:49 PM   #11921
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Suzy - want to go? bwhahahahahahaha

thank you
Karen, have you gotten the new Copic Certification schedule??????? There's an Intermediate class down here in Houston on November 3! Colleen is teaching it. I'd love to go again, but I think I'll let others who haven't taken the course sign up. Wonder if there are any spots still open? The one I went to closed out in 4 hours.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 04:58 PM   #11922
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Randy stopped out, he picked up a new kitchen faucet for me today...this one is leaking really bad now... So hopefully Keith can get that changed tomorrow... Randy took K & K and Dustin and I out to eat up here at the local tavern, their burgers are really good... Randy did not eat much at all, he goes to Indy tomorrow to have his chemo pump stopped and disconnected...then he hopes to drive up to Mich for his car show...

I am full and I only ate half of my burger... oh well Kasey JO ( Krista's dog ) will love me

I am off to get an early bath, and watch a movie...I think it is called little voice hope I like it if not I will read ...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:54 AM   #11923
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Good Morning Happy Friday ...
another SUNNY day here
but I hear we have rain for the next 2 days
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:58 AM   #11924
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Hmmm... no one said good night and no one said good morning

I sure hope you are all alright ...

What do you all have planned for this busy Holiday weekend..? Well other than Dody and Bud who are waiting to hear or see when their company is coming...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:01 AM   #11925
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Lazorkay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: shhhhhh. I'm hiding.
Posts: 20,264
Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay
Default

Morning!

Hi soni


Maggie - I did see that, but I already have some plans for November

I need to go see if they added me to their on line list yet.

Last day of the month - gotta get back to it - BBL
__________________
Karen - proud owner of 5 cats and 1 dog.
My Blog
Lazorkay is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 AM   #11926
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Hmmm... no one said good night and no one said good morning

I sure hope you are all alright ...

What do you all have planned for this busy Holiday weekend..? Well other than Dody and Bud who are waiting to hear or see when their company is coming...
I was working on getting my blog back last night. When I went to do a blog update, it said it had disappeared and I couldn't access it. I went to the Google Help and was finally able to get a code from them to get me back on to it. They said there had been some "unusual activity" on it. I checked my Overview and didn't see anything - no spams. The only thing I noticed was I had a large amount of comments on the 27th.

This morning I overslept. The alarm went off at 5:30 as usual and I turned it off. I usually lay back down for about 5 minutes to unwind before I get up only this morning I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 6:15 so I was scrambling getting ready for work.

I have no plans for the weekend - I have 4 days off and I'm so excited. I hope to get a few things done around the house and lots of stamping!
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:46 AM   #11927
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Morning!

Hi soni


Maggie - I did see that, but I already have some plans for November

I need to go see if they added me to their on line list yet.

Last day of the month - gotta get back to it - BBL
good luck with the end of the Month stuff Karen
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:51 AM   #11928
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

I made the rounds on some blogs, and enjoyed some new places... not how I planned to spend my morning, but hey

I need to call Sue, her grandson reached me last night and invited me to go to his church tomorrow evening with them...I thought Sue had other plans... So I want to double check... Bryan really enjoys his church, he works Sunday mornings so a Sat evening is great for him I believe Sue said in was a more Contempory service, I would like to visit, tho it is a bit of a distance...

Another at home no plan kind of day well other than hope Keith comes to change this faucet...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:54 AM   #11929
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Maggie I did check on my blog, I do not see any reason why it would not let you leave a comment, and I still do not see a comment from you... but I really do not know what to look for
Sorry for the issue...I hope there is nothing wrong on my blog
and I hope others can leave comments...
I see Shell's is the only one so far ......
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:20 AM   #11930
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I was working on getting my blog back last night. When I went to do a blog update, it said it had disappeared and I couldn't access it. I went to the Google Help and was finally able to get a code from them to get me back on to it. They said there had been some "unusual activity" on it. I checked my Overview and didn't see anything - no spams. The only thing I noticed was I had a large amount of comments on the 27th.

This morning I overslept. The alarm went off at 5:30 as usual and I turned it off. I usually lay back down for about 5 minutes to unwind before I get up only this morning I fell back asleep and didn't wake up until 6:15 so I was scrambling getting ready for work.

I have no plans for the weekend - I have 4 days off and I'm so excited. I hope to get a few things done around the house and lots of stamping!




I'm so sorry that you overslept. That makes the day seem so rushed. I hope you were able to calm down some before you got to work.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:22 AM   #11931
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I made the rounds on some blogs, and enjoyed some new places... not how I planned to spend my morning, but hey

I need to call Sue, her grandson reached me last night and invited me to go to his church tomorrow evening with them...I thought Sue had other plans... So I want to double check... Bryan really enjoys his church, he works Sunday mornings so a Sat evening is great for him I believe Sue said in was a more Contempory service, I would like to visit, tho it is a bit of a distance...

Another at home no plan kind of day well other than hope Keith comes to change this faucet...




That sounds great! How far is it?
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:28 AM   #11932
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
That sounds great! How far is it?
I believe at least 45 minutes one way ...I will need to check on that...plus driving after dark could be an issue depending on the time ...but possibly if Sue would like to go on Sunday mornings we could meet part way
I was just touched that he asked, he is only 19 I believe but a very special young man, he just gave his life to Christ and was baptised not too long ago...

Shell I did thank you on my blog for the comment, but failed to do so here... so Thanks
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM   #11933
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I believe at least 45 minutes one way ...I will need to check on that...plus driving after dark could be an issue depending on the time ...but possibly if Sue would like to go on Sunday mornings we could meet part way
I was just touched that he asked, he is only 19 I believe but a very special young man, he just gave his life to Christ and was baptised not too long ago...

Shell I did thank you on my blog for the comment, but failed to do so here... so Thanks


That's a distance, but it's worth it if you like it and it 's a Bible-believing/preaching church.


Yippee for him! One more name written in the Book of Life.


You're welcome.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:41 AM   #11934
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,913
Default

morning all....
We have some cloud cover this morning. Not sure if that will produce rain or not. They didn't do the aerial spraying last night. The winds were going to be too high...can' do it if it's over 10mph. So, the schedule will be for tonight and tomorrow night.

I have to get the books done for the club...meeting tomorrow. Then we'll check the other house on Sunday. Might have to mow again....I'll work on sorting again. I got rid of glass jars and such last time. Still no word on what is going to happen on all of this. No plans for Monday....we don't have bowling and our friends are out of town. Might have a relaxing kind of day.

Hey...might get some cards done. I have some errands to run today.
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:12 AM   #11935
First To Quack
 
Beachbound's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: finally in Florida!
Posts: 49,985
Default

howdy! i am finally home, we had to get some FOOD in this house! We hit Publix & Costco & I can only say...ouch!!!! But we have something to offer at least now. Now to clean the bathrooms & then I am done, they can take it or leave it, bahahaha!
__________________
.* .*)) -::-
((.*~Dody.*))
-::- ((.* .*((.. *-::- ...


Cards from the Cabana
Beachbound is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #11936
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

hey Dody... just enjoy your weekend...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:37 PM   #11937
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
howdy! i am finally home, we had to get some FOOD in this house! We hit Publix & Costco & I can only say...ouch!!!! But we have something to offer at least now. Now to clean the bathrooms & then I am done, they can take it or leave it, bahahaha!
Sounds good. Just enjoy the weekend. And don't wait on them hand and foot. Some of those visitors can help with food preparation and clean up.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:45 PM   #11938
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
morning all....
We have some cloud cover this morning. Not sure if that will produce rain or not. They didn't do the aerial spraying last night. The winds were going to be too high...can' do it if it's over 10mph. So, the schedule will be for tonight and tomorrow night.

I have to get the books done for the club...meeting tomorrow. Then we'll check the other house on Sunday. Might have to mow again....I'll work on sorting again. I got rid of glass jars and such last time. Still no word on what is going to happen on all of this. No plans for Monday....we don't have bowling and our friends are out of town. Might have a relaxing kind of day.

Hey...might get some cards done. I have some errands to run today.
It's been pretty nice here today although HOT! My boss invited the group (4 of us) out for lunch today to celebrate the Paralegal's birthday which was a couple weeks ago. We couldn't go then because he was all involved in a major client hearing. We went to a place called Tokyo One. It's Japanese Grill and Sushi Bar Buffet. Food was excellent. I ate my full that's for sure. We tried some ice cream afterward - Plum, Mango, Red Bean, and Green Tea. I tried a little of all of them except the Green Tea. I thought the Red Bean almost had a chocolate flavor to it. Took forever to get there. It was probably closer to my house than to the office.

It will be nice to have a relaxing day. I'm sure looking forward to it. Although I might spend a little time taking boxes of stuff to my DD's house so she can put them on E-Bay for me and see if we can sell some of this stuff. We're going to open a store. I told her I'd pay her a commission, but we haven't really talked about that yet.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 12:49 PM   #11939
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

I decided to not go to Brooke's game today.. K & K and family are all going so she should be surprised K & K even offered to take me so I did not have to drive....

I am just tired, I have been doing some odds and ends like balancing my check book, paying bills, cleaning out old papers , picking up outside chairs and decor in case we get storms,I finished a book, watched a movie, made some phone calls...
Oh and Daisy got a much needed bath
: )
Keith started on the faucet, had to leave to go put a battery in the tractor for his dad and came back but had issues, now he needs new hoses to connect it to the fittings... so he had to wait until they went to town...I think I will be with out use at my kitchen sink until late tomorrow...

I still do not know for sure what Sue and I are doing tomorrow, depends a lot on the weather She said church is from 6 - 7 so that should not be a problem for me to drive home after ward... tho I do not want to get dressed for church, and run around Peoria all day first tho Sue said it is super casual...
* thinking on that
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 08-31-2012 at 01:09 PM..
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #11940
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I decided to not go to Brooke's game today.. K & K and family are all going so she should be surprised K & K even offered to take me so I did not have to drive....

I am just tired, I have been doing some odds and ends like balancing my check book, paying bills, cleaning out old papers , picking up outside chairs and decor in case we get storms,I finished a book, watched a movie, made some phone calls...
Oh and Daisy got a much needed bath
: )
Keith started on the faucet, had to leave to go put a battery in the tractor for his dad and came back but had issues, now he needs new hoses to connect it to the fittings... so he had to wait until they went to town...I think I will be with out use at my kitchen sink until late tomorrow...

I still do not know for sure what Sue and I are doing tomorrow, depends a lot on the weather She said church is from 6 - 7 so that should not be a problem for me to drive home after ward... tho I do not want to get dressed for church, and run around Peoria all day first tho Sue said it is super casual...
* thinking on that


If it's a contemporary service, you will likely see a lot of people in shorts and jeans. Most people just dress comfortably. I typically wear jeans to church (on Sunday morning), but we have everything from shorts and flip flops to old-fashioned, Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes. It's important to me to show others that God doesn't care what you're wearing. Some folks just can't afford clothes to dress up in for one day a week. And, personally, I worship a WHOLE lot better when I'm comfortable.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #11941
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
If it's a contemporary service, you will likely see a lot of people in shorts and jeans. Most people just dress comfortably. I typically wear jeans to church (on Sunday morning), but we have everything from shorts and flip flops to old-fashioned, Sunday-go-to-meetin' clothes. It's important to me to show others that God doesn't care what you're wearing. Some folks just can't afford clothes to dress up in for one day a week. And, personally, I worship a WHOLE lot better when I'm comfortable.
I do not mind being comfortable, or casual I just have never felt right even thinking of going to church in shorts... capris maybe...
* still thinking lol
personally I am usually in pj's or "comfies" when I do my bible time and studies at home...so yes I understand...

but that "old school" way of life is hard to shake... lol
tho a lot of my shorts that I wear in public are near my knees,
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:35 PM   #11942
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,913
Default

Hi all...
Well, we went to our favorite Chinese place for lunch. Then headed over to Hobby Lobby. I bought some bling that was on sale...love the bling to stick on my cards. I've been using it for butterfly bodies....makes it look special. We headed over to James Avery to look at charms for the charm bracelet I have. My GF and I have identical bracelets. The bracelet and 2 charms were given to us after teaching at this one school for 10 years. The director had given a necklace for the 5 year anniversary. The pendant is too big to put on a charm bracelet in my opinion. I haven't worn it much recently. So, my GF and I give charms to each other. Most of them have meaning of some sort. Like I said, they are matching bracelets....so, some things have been a little stretched to fit story wise. She gave a horse shoe one year. She has horses....we don't. But, she said that horse shoes are for good luck too. Okay...there you go. Works for me! Today was the last day to get a free bracelet when you buy 2 charms. I'm sure the lady thought I was weird to buy two of the same design...after I explained...she thought it was cool. Now, I have a blank bracelet to put things I would only like! Plus, Jack was with me...so, this might give him an idea of giving me a charm everyone once in a while for the new bracelet. I counted on my current bracelet....there are 4 slots left. Now, we do have two slots filled...one is a ladybug (not on yet..she gave me Christmas) and the butterfly that I got today. First thing for Christmas.
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:36 PM   #11943
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,913
Default

I've got a load of laundry that just kicked off...need to go do something about that. I do need to do the books for the meeting tomorrow.
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 05:43 PM   #11944
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,913
Default

okay...we are done with supper....I've got another load going. Now to start the books....sure glad that part is done. It's just writing up my report part...and making copies. I guess I had better get to it!
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #11945
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,880
Default

Hey girls. popping in before I head for bed. It's been a long and busy couple of days.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:17 PM   #11946
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

it has been a very quiet late after noon and evening

I did some research on this church, it seems to be using a new and or different concept....It is called Elevate
CHURCH and one purpose is to help "non church going " people to elevate their personal relationship with GOD...that seems to be the main purpose actually ...
from what I saw and read I believe that is a big part of their three different times for worship, and the extent of their super relaxed and casual dress, as well as their different service... to reach out to many that do not make the attempt to go to church
I do fit in that category some what... but not sure this is where I need to be going

I think the approach is one that has not been tried in this area, and I can see where that could attract new members, I know what it feels like to not feel welcome or comfortable in church.

It has my curiousity working, not sure it is exactly what I am looking for in a church...but I want to go and get the feel of it...

I enjoy learning, fellowship, and feeling at peace when I attend church,I need to feel that GOD is present...
I wonder if I will feel any of that ??
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 08-31-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:18 PM   #11947
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Hey girls. popping in before I head for bed. It's been a long and busy couple of days.
hey Kel
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:19 PM   #11948
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I decided to not go to Brooke's game today.. K & K and family are all going so she should be surprised K & K even offered to take me so I did not have to drive....

I am just tired, I have been doing some odds and ends like balancing my check book, paying bills, cleaning out old papers , picking up outside chairs and decor in case we get storms,I finished a book, watched a movie, made some phone calls...
Oh and Daisy got a much needed bath
: )
Keith started on the faucet, had to leave to go put a battery in the tractor for his dad and came back but had issues, now he needs new hoses to connect it to the fittings... so he had to wait until they went to town...I think I will be with out use at my kitchen sink until late tomorrow...

I still do not know for sure what Sue and I are doing tomorrow, depends a lot on the weather She said church is from 6 - 7 so that should not be a problem for me to drive home after ward... tho I do not want to get dressed for church, and run around Peoria all day first tho Sue said it is super casual...
* thinking on that
I'm working on those computer chores tonight so I have the rest of my 4 days weekend to do fun stuff. I need to pay bills and balance the checkbook. I was so out of it today that when the OM came and gave me my paycheck, I looked at her funny and said, "Is today payday"? LOL! YES! The end of the month.

Fixing that faucet sounds like one of those jobs where you start on it, and it leads you to many other things. I hope all the rest of it you need are just the hoses and he can get it fixed. Sorry its not getting done today.

I hope you enjoy your day tomorrow no matter what the plan ends up being. I know that a lot of churches allow casual clothing for their services, but I guess I'm old school and so is my church. We prefer skirts & tops or dresses although we have had people come in slacks, but no one ever wears jeans. I don't dress up for work every day, so I guess I like getting dressed up to go do my worshipping.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #11949
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I do not mind being comfortable, or casual I just have never felt right even thinking of going to church in shorts... capris maybe...
* still thinking lol
personally I am usually in pj's or "comfies" when I do my bible time and studies at home...so yes I understand...

but that "old school" way of life is hard to shake... lol
tho a lot of my shorts that I wear in public are near my knees,
I think that you can be comfortable in either slacks or a dress. It's all about how you feel. I am always very comfortable on Sunday when I go to church dressed up. It's a state of mind and everyone is different. That's what makes the world go 'round.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:24 PM   #11950
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
well I would try to approach my friends just to double check on "if" they are planning to follow thru with this date as planned... I would mention there is some thing you want to do the week end prior to that but it could mean you not getting away that weekend... just get the feel of things... If some of them are not / can not go then I say go to CKU : ) would any of them enjoy CKU ?
passing up CKU would definitely be a hard thing to pass up, just as not going with your friends would be

good luck my wish would be that you could do both, but what ever you decide, simply enjoy yourself... sounds like a time away is just what you need
I'm dittoing Soni's sentiment.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:26 PM   #11951
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Hi all...
Well, we went to our favorite Chinese place for lunch. Then headed over to Hobby Lobby. I bought some bling that was on sale...love the bling to stick on my cards. I've been using it for butterfly bodies....makes it look special. We headed over to James Avery to look at charms for the charm bracelet I have. My GF and I have identical bracelets. The bracelet and 2 charms were given to us after teaching at this one school for 10 years. The director had given a necklace for the 5 year anniversary. The pendant is too big to put on a charm bracelet in my opinion. I haven't worn it much recently. So, my GF and I give charms to each other. Most of them have meaning of some sort. Like I said, they are matching bracelets....so, some things have been a little stretched to fit story wise. She gave a horse shoe one year. She has horses....we don't. But, she said that horse shoes are for good luck too. Okay...there you go. Works for me! Today was the last day to get a free bracelet when you buy 2 charms. I'm sure the lady thought I was weird to buy two of the same design...after I explained...she thought it was cool. Now, I have a blank bracelet to put things I would only like! Plus, Jack was with me...so, this might give him an idea of giving me a charm everyone once in a while for the new bracelet. I counted on my current bracelet....there are 4 slots left. Now, we do have two slots filled...one is a ladybug (not on yet..she gave me Christmas) and the butterfly that I got today. First thing for Christmas.
I need to make a trip to H.L. tomorrow. I need to look for blank cards w/envelopes for a service project the women are doing at the end of the month. We're going to make note cards and then donate them to a nursing home for the residents to use to send to their family/friends. I'm in charge of the project and suggested we have 2 birthday cards; 1 thinking of you, and 1 thank you. We'll be making 30 packs of 4 cards so a total of 120. They are going to be super simple with a stripe of dp on the front and then the sentiment stamped and punched out with a circle punch and a scallop c/s circle mat for the sentiment.

I've been thinking of getting a new charm bracelet. The one I had years ago got stolen when my house was ransacked years ago. I was sad because it had my HS charms on it and now they are gone forever. I've looked at Brighton's bracelets and charms, but haven't decided anything yet.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:27 PM   #11952
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Hey girls. popping in before I head for bed. It's been a long and busy couple of days.
Hi Kelly. I've been thinking about this for awhile and keep forgetting to ask you. I sent you a package a while back but never heard whether you got it or not. It was the rest of that series of Magic books. I hope they arrived there safely.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #11953
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I think that you can be comfortable in either slacks or a dress. It's all about how you feel. I am always very comfortable on Sunday when I go to church dressed up. It's a state of mind and everyone is different. That's what makes the world go 'round.
yes I agree... I guess remembering all of my child hood being raised in church set a pattern for me, I know things are changing... tho Bill's church is casual, I rarely wear pants there, other than a Wednesday evening service...

just a mind set I guess... I do not like to see people get all dressed up and complain about it... So I guess being comfortable is a good way to look at it
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:29 PM   #11954
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
it has been a very quiet late after noon and evening

I did some research on this church, it seems to be using a new and or different concept....It is called Elevate
CHURCH and one purpose is to help "non church going " people to elevate their personal relationship with GOD...that seems to be the main purpose actually ...
from what I saw and read I believe that is a big part of their three different times for worship, and the extent of their super relaxed and casual dress, as well as their different service... to reach out to many that do not make the attempt to go to church
I do fit in that category some what... but not sure this is where I need to be going

I think the approach is one that has not been tried in this area, and I can see where that could attract new members, I know what it feels like to not feel welcome or comfortable in church.

It has my curiousity working, not sure it is exactly what I am looking for in a church...but I want to go and get the feel of it...

I enjoy learning, fellowship, and feeling at peace when I attend church,I need to feel that GOD is present...
I wonder if I will feel any of that ??
I have not heard of that concept down here either, but there are so many churches in our area. Just keep your heart and mind open and if it's the rest place for you, you will feel it.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:31 PM   #11955
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Maggie I did check on my blog, I do not see any reason why it would not let you leave a comment, and I still do not see a comment from you... but I really do not know what to look for
Sorry for the issue...I hope there is nothing wrong on my blog
and I hope others can leave comments...
I see Shell's is the only one so far ......
I was just in and left a comment without issues, Soni. Cute layouts. But then you had a really good focal point hehe
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:35 PM   #11956
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I have not heard of that concept down here either, but there are so many churches in our area. Just keep your heart and mind open and if it's the rest place for you, you will feel it.
thanks Maggie, I agree...I did the research because of mixed opinions I had heard, so I just wanted to see if I could get a better view of what kind of church it was...

I can why Bryan is happy there, he is young, left home to be on his own and wanting to start his adult life on the right foot... his mom may have encouraged them to go to church, but she did not go...

I am just happy that he feels welcome there and has made his commitment to live his life with GOD
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:36 PM   #11957
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I was just in and left a comment without issues, Soni. Cute layouts. But then you had a really good focal point hehe
thanks Kel...that is why I tried to leave that comment, I had a couple of others that said they could not , and last I checked, Maggies was not there... I have no clue as to what is going on
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:39 PM   #11958
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
it has been a very quiet late after noon and evening

I did some research on this church, it seems to be using a new and or different concept....It is called Elevate
CHURCH and one purpose is to help "non church going " people to elevate their personal relationship with GOD...that seems to be the main purpose actually ...
from what I saw and read I believe that is a big part of their three different times for worship, and the extent of their super relaxed and casual dress, as well as their different service... to reach out to many that do not make the attempt to go to church
I do fit in that category some what... but not sure this is where I need to be going

I think the approach is one that has not been tried in this area, and I can see where that could attract new members, I know what it feels like to not feel welcome or comfortable in church.

It has my curiousity working, not sure it is exactly what I am looking for in a church...but I want to go and get the feel of it...

I enjoy learning, fellowship, and feeling at peace when I attend church,I need to feel that GOD is present...
I wonder if I will feel any of that ??


Sounds like a great place to try.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:40 PM   #11959
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
thanks Kel...that is why I tried to leave that comment, I had a couple of others that said they could not , and last I checked, Maggies was not there... I have no clue as to what is going on
I have to go back and try it again. I didn't check it out today. That is weird, but then yesterday was weird day with my blog too.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 06:42 PM   #11960
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,880
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hi Kelly. I've been thinking about this for awhile and keep forgetting to ask you. I sent you a package a while back but never heard whether you got it or not. It was the rest of that series of Magic books. I hope they arrived there safely.
Yes, Maggie. I'm sorry. I thought I'd let you know they arrived. Geez. it's just been NUTS here this summer LoL
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off