Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7135Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2012, 08:24 AM   #11641
Stazon Splitcoast

caught up... off to get some more sorting done and boxes broken down for recycling. Did find some stuff that Larry packed up to move here. I had a porcelain Eagle statue, notice I said had... I think he just threw things into boxes and then must have thrown the boxes into the truck. gesh

may stop back later... supposed to maybe watch Addison this evening, but if Cody doesn't have a date, may not have to.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #11642
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
This is my one-day weekend. Got a load of laundry on the line and second load in the washer. Enjoying my second cup of coffee while I sort through some boxes. So far my "paths" are wider, but I am hoping that by the end of Sept, I will no longer have "paths" - the rooms will be free of 80% of the boxes.

Divorce papers were served to me about 3wks ago - haven't heard anything since then. Wonder what that means?

Going to try to have a relaxing day today so that I feel rested tomorrow for work.

Tuesday I'm picking up my new glasses and then hope to work some more on shifting stuff out the door to the Goodwill Store.

Okay, off to catch up...
Not sure how things work in the courts up there, but here after you're served, I think you have 20-30 days to respond. If you don't respond, then the opposing party will file the final papers. If you have the Cause No. and Court on those papers you were served (should be), you can call the District Clerk or the Court Clerk and see if there has been anything done since the filing.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-25-2012, 08:33 AM   #11643
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
This is my one-day weekend. Got a load of laundry on the line and second load in the washer. Enjoying my second cup of coffee while I sort through some boxes. So far my "paths" are wider, but I am hoping that by the end of Sept, I will no longer have "paths" - the rooms will be free of 80% of the boxes.

Divorce papers were served to me about 3wks ago - haven't heard anything since then. Wonder what that means?

Going to try to have a relaxing day today so that I feel rested tomorrow for work.

Tuesday I'm picking up my new glasses and then hope to work some more on shifting stuff out the door to the Goodwill Store.

Okay, off to catch up...
Hi Sue! glad the paths are getting wider. It will all come in time.
Enjoy your day off.
Old 08-25-2012, 08:47 AM   #11644
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Morning!

Soni, how did it go with Don getting his news? Are Tammy & Krista doing okay? How about you?

Suzy, thanks for the promise of the tute...I'm hoping it comes it a pretty card, lol!!!!

Shell, hope the head is better today.

Sue, yipee for wider paths & the hope that soon it will be all better. While I can't wait to BE in my new house I am dreading another big move.

Kelly, I know just what you mean! Even when I wake uo to go potty my mind is spinning about 'things'. I hope you get a nap in today.

Maggie, yum on Sweet Tomatoes! That's a favorite place to eat...wonder if they have any around here....hmmmmmm......
Not going to happen LOL. Hopefully I'll get some stuff done on line before the storms move in this afternoon. Then I'm cleaning the house. It's HORRIBLE! Just didn't feel up to dealing with it last week LOL
Old 08-25-2012, 08:56 AM   #11645
Stazon Splitcoast

the humidity seems to have dropped some. The breeze is picking up. Just hoping rain holds off until after 5 so Cindy's anniversary party at the park doesn't get rained out.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:09 AM   #11646
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Morning!

Soni, how did it go with Don getting his news? Are Tammy & Krista doing okay? How about you?

Suzy, thanks for the promise of the tute...I'm hoping it comes it a pretty card, lol!!!!

Sue, yipee for wider paths & the hope that soon it will be all better. While I can't wait to BE in my new house I am dreading another big move.

Kelly, I know just what you mean! Even when I wake uo to go potty my mind is spinning about 'things'. I hope you get a nap in today.

Maggie, yum on Sweet Tomatoes! That's a favorite place to eat...wonder if they have any around here....hmmmmmm......
As we expected, he stated he did not want to go to a nursing home he would just stay in the hospital...as the doctor explained he really needed to go, he then ask Tammy to talk to the doctor ... the second day he told both of the girls he would do what ever he thought was best... but has concerns about ALL of his belongings...
He told the doctor again today he did not want to go to a nursing home..he thinks with help he can do it alone ...
His son Mike did arrive yesterday, tho Don has been coherent for 3 or 4 days in a row, he could not remember Mike's name... but seems to be accepting him alright...

Thanks for asking, the best news is he is alert, and tho he cannot eat good food or get out of bed he is trying ... He has a sitter with him at all times
God is at work, I have no doubt...
The girls both are trying to keep their grandpas trust,
asking him what he thinks and such...
But the doctors have said he will not go home...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 08-25-2012, 09:26 AM   #11647
Mini Quack

my sweet baby is not feeling well, just clingy and so tired, slight fever and not eating well either ...I imagine it is her teeth...

I spoke to Tammy, she will be up after while, she just left the hospital...

I need to check in with Krista to see when they are coming over..and I guess I need to go get a card made ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-25-2012, 03:15 PM   #11648
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
As we expected, he stated he did not want to go to a nursing home he would just stay in the hospital...as the doctor explained he really needed to go, he then ask Tammy to talk to the doctor ... the second day he told both of the girls he would do what ever he thought was best... but has concerns about ALL of his belongings...
He told the doctor again today he did not want to go to a nursing home..he thinks with help he can do it alone ...
His son Mike did arrive yesterday, tho Don has been coherent for 3 or 4 days in a row, he could not remember Mike's name... but seems to be accepting him alright...

Thanks for asking, the best news is he is alert, and tho he cannot eat good food or get out of bed he is trying ... He has a sitter with him at all times
this was to read that he would do what ever the girls thought was best...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-25-2012, 03:20 PM   #11649
Mini Quack

quiet quiet house... Tammy just left with Faith, and grand dog Abby...
Faith is still running a ver of 101 but tylenol brings it down right away... she started getting fussy as they left... hoping her bottle will help her enough she will sleep on the way home... she did east some crackers, she does not want much...

Keith took the kids to tractor pulls so Krista could spend some time with us...we went to our little shop we like and found a pair of New Balance tennis shoes on sale for $2.50 to fit Faith and they were Purple got Cody some Cub pj pants for $1.50 woo hoo

I need to find some thing to eat...I did not take any thing out to cook...hmmmmm

the Texas Cake was yummy...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-25-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Old 08-25-2012, 03:56 PM   #11650
Quacker Stamper

Soni, prayers being said for all concerned and I hope that they can get Grandpa Don settled in a good place where he can finish recovering and maybe have an enjoyable life with other elderly folks there.

So sorry that Faith is not feeling well. I do hope it is just teething and not anything more than that. WTG on the good prices.

I've been having a productive day in the household chores. Just about have the laundry done, got the house dusted and swept. Still have to run the vacuum in the living room, but that will take all of 5 minutes. I'm going to wait to mop the floor in the kitchen until after I finish getting dinner prepared tomorrow. That won't take long either.

I found a yummy sounding recipe the other day for Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip cookies, so I decided to make some - not for the kids, but for me. ci

Tomorrow for dinner I'm making chicken in the crockpot - almost like a roast with carrots, onions, and potatoes. Then I'm going to make Hot Fudge Cake in another crockpot for dessert. I bought some vanilla ice cream to put on top of it. Can't wait.

I also cleaned out the cabinet under the sink while I was down there replacing the under sink filters. Then I just finished cleaning out the refrigerator. I'm taking a care package of chocolate candy to my GF Jenna tomorrow for her kids and family. They've moved out of their house which has been sold, but they don't have a house yet, so they've moved in with her sister and her kids and their mom lives there too. It's a houseful. I think they can use some cheering up.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-25-2012, 05:28 PM   #11651
Total Quack

Quote:
Sorry about the migrane Shell, hope it eases up so you can rest tonight...

Thanks. I didn't rest very well last night. It has been better today, but not completely gone. I'm hoping I can sleep well tonight.

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:42 PM   #11652
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Just got home from dinner with my GF Gloria. It was so nice to be able to sit and chat with her again. We love going to Sweet Tomatoes. Now I've got to see about getting some crafting done. I'm so behind in my projects.

Sorry about the migraine Shell. I hope it won't stick around long.

We had rain earlier today and it sure did cool things down a little bit anyway.

Glad that went well.

Thanks. It's already over-stayed it's welcome.

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:43 PM   #11653
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post

Shell...sorry about the headache. I had a couple of those headaches a few weeks ago....I don't get them often. But, it really knocked the wind out of my sails for sure!

Thank you. I'm sorry you got one. They are just no fun.

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:45 PM   #11654
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hey Suzy, I didn't see that on the weather report this morning. Looks like Florida is going to get pounded with rain this weekend, although the storm will not make a direct hit. The pathway looks to the west of Florida but turning more North toward Arkansas and maybe Georgia. Could go as far west as Louisiana, but doesn't look like it's coming toward Texas right now.

Yeah, right now, it looks like it's headed my way. I'm good with that .... we could use the rain!

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #11655
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Need to get this swap to the PO. Have to cover an event for the paper this afternoon. couldn't sleep worth a darn last night. My brain just would NOT shut down. Hate those kind of nights. So many projects so little time.

Shell, I hope your headache is better today. I know they are tough on you.

Yeah ... this one was the worst in quite a while.

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #11656
Total Quack

Quote:
Morning!

Thanks. It's frustrating that it's still around.

Did you visit the house today??

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:49 PM   #11657
Total Quack

Quote:
you got that right... I love the smell of horses. Wish I could find an air freshener that smells like like a leather saddle, it would be in my car.

Oh, I love the smell of horses and leather.

Find a piece of new leather and put it in your car. That would do it!

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:50 PM   #11658
Total Quack

Quote:
caught up... off to get some more sorting done and boxes broken down for recycling. Did find some stuff that Larry packed up to move here. I had a porcelain Eagle statue, notice I said had... I think he just threw things into boxes and then must have thrown the boxes into the truck. gesh

may stop back later... supposed to maybe watch Addison this evening, but if Cody doesn't have a date, may not have to.

Oh, I'm so sorry.

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:52 PM   #11659
Total Quack

Quote:

I'm so sorry that this is so difficult for him and for the girls. I'm glad that he's accepting Mike ok, though.

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 05:54 PM   #11660
Total Quack

Quote:
quiet quiet house... Tammy just left with Faith, and grand dog Abby...
Faith is still running a ver of 101 but tylenol brings it down right away... she started getting fussy as they left... hoping her bottle will help her enough she will sleep on the way home... she did east some crackers, she does not want much...

Keith took the kids to tractor pulls so Krista could spend some time with us...we went to our little shop we like and found a pair of New Balance tennis shoes on sale for $2.50 to fit Faith and they were Purple got Cody some Cub pj pants for $1.50 woo hoo

I need to find some thing to eat...I did not take any thing out to cook...hmmmmm

the Texas Cake was yummy...

Great deals!

I'm sorry that Faith isn't feeling well, though.

Photography Site

Old 08-25-2012, 06:09 PM   #11661
Mini Quack

Thanks Maggie...

recipe sounds good, are you using chicken pieces or a whole chicken?? I love baked chicken , not sure what I will cook tomorrow...

if I stay at home, I hope to create, update my blog and whatever else I can get done... I did get Kristas card made, it was pretty, but as always, basic and simple... I miss the days I took time to play, where I added goodies and tried new things... It seems like forever since I have enjoyed playing... I hope to get Krista to upload her cards from Shells envelope...and I hope to get mine made

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-25-2012, 06:10 PM   #11662
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Great deals!

I'm sorry that Faith isn't feeling well, though.
I am pretty sure she is teething... no runny nose, no cough, just a fever and a few messy diapers... at most she is clingy... She is such a good baby... breaks my heart to see her not 100 % happy

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-25-2012, 06:15 PM   #11663
Mini Quack

Quote:

well I know where there are a few boxes of Eagles all packed up. next time you come for a visit, you can look thru them and find some thing to take home ... I would be happy to share, and I know Wally would say yes ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-25-2012, 06:17 PM   #11664
Mini Quack

well I am off to read, the movie I had was just not a good choice...
and of the four books Krista picked up for me Thursday evening, I read one and found that I had read the other three already : ( ... so I guess I will read the new one I just won from Trish Perry or one of the 2 I got in Tennessee ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-25-2012 at 07:46 PM..
Old 08-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #11665
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thanks Maggie...

recipe sounds good, are you using chicken pieces or a whole chicken?? I love baked chicken , not sure what I will cook tomorrow...

if I stay at home, I hope to create, update my blog and whatever else I can get done... I did get Kristas card made, it was pretty, but as always, basic and simple... I miss the days I took time to play, where I added goodies and tried new things... It seems like forever since I have enjoyed playing... I hope to get Krista to upload her cards from Shells envelope...and I hope to get mine made
Pieces. I got a package each of boneless breasts and thighs, and drumsticks. Morgan only likes drumsticks, so I always have to have legs for her. I will probably put a few legs and thighs in the oven to bake also. I don't think I can fit all of it in the crockpot.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #11666
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Should be a fun day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-26-2012, 04:09 AM   #11667
Quacker Stamper

Should be a fun day for Krista. Happy Birthday, Krista. Of course, card is late.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-26-2012, 06:57 AM   #11668
Stazon Splitcoast

Happy Birthday, KK. We miss you on here. Hugs!
Old 08-26-2012, 07:01 AM   #11669
Mini Quack

good morning ...

Maggie I will make sure Krista sees this... I hope and pray her day is a good one too

I slept in, I had terrible dreams most of the night... they kept me awake most of the night

And we are getting RAIN I think we are to get more all day and tomorrow too

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-26-2012, 07:06 AM   #11670
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I'm so sorry that this is so difficult for him and for the girls. I'm glad that he's accepting Mike ok, though.
thanks Shell, yes we all are glad of that ... Mike stayed with him yesterday when the girls left to come home for cake for Krista...

we believe that they both needed and deserved a time to say I love you first, and I am sorry. if it that needs said too...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-26-2012 at 07:16 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 07:08 AM   #11671
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
well I know where there are a few boxes of Eagles all packed up. next time you come for a visit, you can look thru them and find some thing to take home ... I would be happy to share, and I know Wally would say yes ...
I might have to send Bob home that way from Kewanee when he gets off the boat on the 10th
Old 08-26-2012, 07:11 AM   #11672
Stazon Splitcoast

I had a rough night also. I could not get cool enough. I also dealt with drainage last night so I've been coughing this morning. Just took some musinex. Trying to get some things done around the house. Sunday is my creative day and I have two projects due next week for art challenges. I still want to make the TPT card from last week so I'll do that instead of the TP tickle.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:13 AM   #11673
Stazon Splitcoast

To top it off, Spirit has been a major pest this morning. Climbing the book case, getting into things. I"m about to strangle him.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:19 AM   #11674
Mini Quack

Quote:
I might have to send Bob home that way from Kewanee when he gets off the boat on the 10th
I have not gotten them out yet Kel...plenty of time... I would want you to choose some thing as well as Bob... but too much going on right now for me to deal with it sorry...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #11675
Mini Quack

Quote:
To top it off, Spirit has been a major pest this morning. Climbing the book case, getting into things. I"m about to strangle him.
maybe he wants to say happy birthday to Krista

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-26-2012, 07:21 AM   #11676
Mini Quack

Quote:
I had a rough night also. I could not get cool enough. I also dealt with drainage last night so I've been coughing this morning. Just took some musinex. Trying to get some things done around the house. Sunday is my creative day and I have two projects due next week for art challenges. I still want to make the TPT card from last week so I'll do that instead of the TP tickle.
I hope to stay at home today and play too

I will have the boys at 5:00 Ali and Keith and Krista have a meeting to go to for her new softball team...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-26-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-26-2012, 07:47 AM   #11677
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
good morning ...

Maggie I will make sure Krista sees this... I hope and pray her day is a good one too

I slept in, I had terrible dreams most of the night... they kept me awake most of the night

And we are getting RAIN I think we are to get more all day and tomorrow too

good morning -
I wanted to sleep in today too. Had a problem with my machine last night - it would run good and then take off at high speed and I felt like a dog riding with my head out the window. The air was blowing so hard in my face. Not a very restful night of sleep. Then woke up to darkness and rain this morning. Just wanted to pull the quilt over my head and roll over. But, the girls wanted outside and I had to get ready for work.

did have Addison for a bit last night. Cody brought her over about 3:30 and then Davina got home at 3:45. Of course Addison didn't want to go home. Davina let her stay and I walked her home about 5:30 and ate leftover tuna casserole with her for supper. Then Addison and I went for a ride and got some ice cream. Brought her back home around 7:45 and sat to visit awhile, then came home and chilled the rest of the evening.

Started a new book last night, one my Mom had. Don't remember the name of it, but it's about 4 women who enlist into the military during WW2. So far pretty good, only about 2 chapters into it though.

Now I'm at work and it looks, so far, like it may be a pretty boring day. May be able to cruise the SCS gallery during the day. Haven't heard a phone ring since I got here.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 08-26-2012, 07:58 AM   #11678
Mini Quack

hey Sue... enjoy the quiet time...

glad to hear that you had some time with Addison...

I know when Tammy took Faith home yesterday, I felt lost... plus I knew she was running a fever so it really broke my heart... she still tried to smile tho

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-26-2012, 08:01 AM   #11679
Stazon Splitcoast

Sorry for the rough night, Sue. Glad for a quiet day. Hoping Isaac doesn't change your day. We all need quiet days at work once in awhile.

I've caught up on the CCC12 challenge and left comments for the August thread. I need to get the particulars for a couple challenges I need to work on today then get off of here or I won't get anything done.

I hope everyone can enjoy their Sunday.
Old 08-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #11680
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning all....just the normal Sunday stuff here. Need to get a move on....

come back later and see how everyone is doing.

Krista...happy birthday....you card didn't get out in the mail...sorry! But, it's at least done...and will be in the mail tomorrow. Good reason to celebrate longer!