Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6568Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #11281
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Oh no!!! She's home alone?! I sure hope the kitties and dogs take care of her.

Jaydin was asking about her the other day. FJ has certainly had an amazing summer!!! Thank you!!
She'll be headed home next week. She's had a good time, I think.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-17-2012, 09:32 AM   #11282
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I didn't have an option to do that ... I didn't get to back up my email, either. My hard drives just quit, and the computer doesn't boot up. Fortunately, I backed up all of my pictures and most of my files on Saturday. I do think that I lost all of the embroidery files I had created, though.
ouch
Old 08-17-2012, 09:34 AM   #11283
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
well some things never change would be the kindest way I could say it...

In all of the years I have known either of them, which is since I was 18...there has not been a good constant...that is why GR Don stood by me when we were divorced and then as I married Wally he asked to remain in my life and when the girls were born he asked to be "grandpa" he has a daughter he has not seen since 1970 and 3 grand daughters by her he has never seen in person...only pictures a few times... tho he does have a grandson by his son, and he finally returned contact with Tammy today ...Don is so proud and lets his pride get in the way he did not want any of us to see him grow old or be sick he does not want the great grands to see him even with oxygen, that is why we were shocked he said yes to seeing Ali Brooke and Cody in the hospital

we have all tried to reach his son, he has not responded to any of us.... I am the only one that got him to come home when his Mother passed several years ago ... he is a lot like his dad in that way but did not get the memo on the good side he is just out to live his life no matter who he hurts... hence why we did not last... thank goodness

sad sad story... but I have gratitude and respect for DON and proud that my girls know what is important in life...

Life is too precious and short...some will never get that ...
Michael's loss... all the way around
Old 08-17-2012, 09:36 AM   #11284
Stazon Splitcoast

Just wanted to pop in for a couple minutes before I switched writing gears. Spent the morning catching up on the email and getting the Country music stuff ready for the weekend. Have a pile of that stuff to do next week to promote the Texas Music Cares benefit coming up in Oct.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:00 AM   #11285
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
She'll be headed home next week. She's had a good time, I think.

I know she has. Jaydin will be soooo happy to learn all about her trip. I'm not going to tell her that she's coming home next week. It will be a good surprise for her.

Old 08-17-2012, 04:00 PM   #11286
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Michael's loss... all the way around
yes it always has been...

Tammy spoke to Dons grandson today, he was telling Tammy he calls every week and has offered to come to Illinois to see Don but Don always says, no just go on and live his life... he knows how hard it is for Don to talk...

then he ( the grandson ) called Tammy back in just a few minutes . I guess Mike called his son, young Mike and told him he was planning on coming here Sat for a few days, unless any of us did not want him here... total cop out...
I have no clue if he will or not but I did tell the nurse that if he came to just keep any eye on Don, she said she did not think Don would know who he was, today he is just not coherent at all ...

why Life is so messed up I will never understand...

Don held my hand and told me he loved me today the nurse said while I was there was the calmest Don had been in over 36 hours ...I am glad I can bring him a bit of comfort, even if he does not know it

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 08-17-2012, 04:01 PM   #11287
Mini Quack

I did get to all three stores, but now I am just too tired to fix me anything to eat oh well

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 05:46 PM   #11288
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I know she has. Jaydin will be soooo happy to learn all about her trip. I'm not going to tell her that she's coming home next week. It will be a good surprise for her.
So will the stuff FJ has found on her travels.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:48 PM   #11289
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Whenever Bob would be out with us, he was always on the lookout for the best photo opps. He really got into having FJ visit.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #11290
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
yes it always has been...

Tammy spoke to Dons grandson today, he was telling Tammy he calls every week and has offered to come to Illinois to see Don but Don always says, no just go on and live his life... he knows how hard it is for Don to talk...

then he ( the grandson ) called Tammy back in just a few minutes . I guess Mike called his son, young Mike and told him he was planning on coming here Sat for a few days, unless any of us did not want him here... total cop out...
I have no clue if he will or not but I did tell the nurse that if he came to just keep any eye on Don, she said she did not think Don would know who he was, today he is just not coherent at all ...

why Life is so messed up I will never understand...

Don held my hand and told me he loved me today the nurse said while I was there was the calmest Don had been in over 36 hours ...I am glad I can bring him a bit of comfort, even if he does not know it
He may know more than anyone realizes... including Grandpa. Know I'm hugging you lots.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:53 PM   #11291
Stazon Splitcoast

I've not accomplished a lot today. Got some music business taken care of and took a nap. Then Cindy and I drove north to Edwardsville. The hotel gave us the wrong directions to a chinese buffet they recommended but it was a nice drive through historic Edwardsville. We found a Michaels and a Books A Million plus a decent Chinese buffet so it wasn't a total loss. Now we're back at the hotel and I hope to get a couple hours of writing in before I call it a night. I want to get up and walk in the morning before Cindy and I go over to the convention. I've been through some of the sites and made my shopping list plus have an idea of a couple other things I want to look for.

While at Michaels tonight I found a new ATC book and they had some of the new 6" paper slabs from MME that were JUST released at CHA. I was so surprised to see them at Michaels of all places already. I bought one to use in my art journals.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:54 PM   #11292
Stazon Splitcoast

Maggie, I know you use the Magnolia Ink images. Did you know they have a print magazine? I saw it at Books A Million tonight. Thumbed through it but only bought the Cloth Paper Studios I went after
Old 08-17-2012, 06:14 PM   #11293
Mini Quack

Quote:
He may know more than anyone realizes... including Grandpa. Know I'm hugging you lots.
oh in all I know , I know some hurtful issues between them, but that is not any of my business... My issues with Mike have their own valid reasons to think the way I do

and after loosing Wally and my daddy 3 months apart, part of me wants to feel yes he needs to see his dad , everyone deserves a chance to correct wrongs if possible or simple say I am sorry or I love you ...
but then I have the words in my head that Don has said so sternly so many times ... so it is a definite hard place... and even harder decision

But it is not my decision... if Mike shows up, well life will go on
I will still pray for peace for Don... And pray it goes well...
Like I said, I pray for God to be in control and no man be able to change that or cause more problems...
I just want Don to get the medical help he needs, and to be treated with respect he deserves by ALL... And for any and all transitions in his future be some thing he can and will agree to...

yep that is asking for a lot

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-17-2012 at 06:24 PM..
Old 08-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #11294
Mini Quack

well after eating I am ready to go take a long bath... then read a bit more...since there is not much on TV , it is a good night to read... I hope I can go to bed and fall asleep early... I have no idea what tomorrow may bring...

I hear it is to be another beautiful day, if it is I hope to find a way to enjoy it...

good night all, rest well

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-17-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Old 08-17-2012, 07:05 PM   #11295
Stazon Splitcoast

Good night, Soni. I wish you were 2 floor below me instead about 3 hours away. I had even discussed your room arrangement with the manager requesting you guys not have to lug your bags up multiple flights of stairs so she was putting you on a ground floor.

I'm not sure what I'm going after tomorrow. Anything you want me to loo for?

I've submitted the first of 3 articles to my editor. I think I'm going to get a head start on the second one before I call it a night. Then I promised myself I get to look at my new magazine Sweet Dreams!
Old 08-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #11296
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Maggie, I know you use the Magnolia Ink images. Did you know they have a print magazine? I saw it at Books A Million tonight. Thumbed through it but only bought the Cloth Paper Studios I went after
Yes, Kelly, I did know that. I actually have a couple of their books. Love getting layout ideas from them. Sounds like I may need to make a trip to Michael's and look for those paper pads.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-17-2012, 08:01 PM   #11297
Quacker Stamper

Late night Quacks. The kids got here about 7 or a little after. Brought their air mattresses and a blanket. I have sheets & pillows and cases, but not extra blankets. We played 2 games of KerPlunk and 2 games of Uno Attack and then watched The Incredibles! First time I've watched it. I told Morgan they were going to have to come over more often so I'd watch some movies. I just got their mattresses blown up and them all settled. We did have some Who Nu cookies before bed. I'm hoping to have us at the movie theater by 10:30 tomorrow and then we'll go eat lunch. The kids need to be home by 3:30 so Morgan can get freshened up. She was invited over to her BF's house for a BBQ. I did finally get to meet him when we went to the Lion King. Very nice young man.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-17-2012, 08:10 PM   #11298
Mini Quack

Quote:
Good night, Soni. I wish you were 2 floor below me instead about 3 hours away. I had even discussed your room arrangement with the manager requesting you guys not have to lug your bags up multiple flights of stairs so she was putting you on a ground floor.

I'm not sure what I'm going after tomorrow. Anything you want me to loo for?

I've submitted the first of 3 articles to my editor. I think I'm going to get a head start on the second one before I call it a night. Then I promised myself I get to look at my new magazine Sweet Dreams!
I cannot think of any thing in particular but if you see a "Soni " special let me know please : )

enjoy your day, wish we were there, I travel light these days, but thanks for thinking of us...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 08:11 PM   #11299
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Late night Quacks. The kids got here about 7 or a little after. Brought their air mattresses and a blanket. I have sheets & pillows and cases, but not extra blankets. We played 2 games of KerPlunk and 2 games of Uno Attack and then watched The Incredibles! First time I've watched it. I told Morgan they were going to have to come over more often so I'd watch some movies. I just got their mattresses blown up and them all settled. We did have some Who Nu cookies before bed. I'm hoping to have us at the movie theater by 10:30 tomorrow and then we'll go eat lunch. The kids need to be home by 3:30 so Morgan can get freshened up. She was invited over to her BF's house for a BBQ. I did finally get to meet him when we went to the Lion King. Very nice young man.
Sounds like a fun evening, glad you are enjoying some grandma time... What are you seeing tomorrow ?? where will you eat?

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 08:13 PM   #11300
Mini Quack

Bath check
Ovaltine check
talked or txt;d with girls check
yep bedtime

night

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-18-2012, 04:54 AM   #11301
First To Quack

Good Morning Ladies, it sounds like everyone is very busy. We have 5 pallets of sod out front so I guess they will come today & lay that out. Glad I won't be helping them with THAT job! It will be nice to be able to take the dogs out front again instead of potting them in the back grass, very messy! They drag all kinds of grass, weeds & sand in the house. The house is coming along great. Our neighbor called yesterday to say that the second (half) story was up. Once the windows go in I won't have to worry about weather holding them up.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 08-18-2012, 05:05 AM   #11302
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Yes, Kelly, I did know that. I actually have a couple of their books. Love getting layout ideas from them. Sounds like I may need to make a trip to Michael's and look for those paper pads.
FYI - these were not even in the scrapbooking dept. They were hanging on a strip attached to one of those big wire units they set up in the isle. There were other scrapbooking things there, like they were highlighting them and these were hanging on the plastic strip. $5.99 I believe and there were about 4 or 5 different designs. I got Cowboy... though I don't know where that name comes from. It has the bird/ birdcage/ swirlies but I really liked the colors and it will go with the nature stamp set I got from SU last fall on Sal A Bration.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:08 AM   #11303
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sounds like a fun evening. What movie are you going to see today?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:10 AM   #11304
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I cannot think of any thing in particular but if you see a "Soni " special let me know please : )

enjoy your day, wish we were there, I travel light these days, but thanks for thinking of us...
This Super 8 doesn't have an elevator. The ground floor has either 4 steps to go down to that bank of rooms or a handicap access at the back of the building. Then to get to the 2nd and 3rd floor you have about 5-6 steps to each one. Even traveling light (which I CAN NOT do hehe), I knew it would be easier for you and Momma Sue both to not have to tackle them - though they are inside.

I'm always on the look out for 'Soni' things. Guess I'll mail your BD present and book next week hehe. See, I thought if I didn't turn around to go back after FJ that you'd definitely be here... just because I didn't have her for you to meet. LOL Guess that didin't work out so well.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:12 AM   #11305
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Good Morning Ladies, it sounds like everyone is very busy. We have 5 pallets of sod out front so I guess they will come today & lay that out. Glad I won't be helping them with THAT job! It will be nice to be able to take the dogs out front again instead of potting them in the back grass, very messy! They drag all kinds of grass, weeds & sand in the house. The house is coming along great. Our neighbor called yesterday to say that the second (half) story was up. Once the windows go in I won't have to worry about weather holding them up.
Yeah on the house progress. I know you'll be so happy to finally be settled in your own digs! I want to come visit to walk through your studio - bib in place of course as I'll be drooling like a mad dog
Old 08-18-2012, 05:16 AM   #11306
Stazon Splitcoast

I'm off to look at the some of the vendors' websites. I've started a shopping list and have time to add to it.

Had to chuckle at Bob this morning. I went for my morning walk at 7 while I talked to him. The doors open at 9 if you bought your tickets in advance, otherwise it's 9:30. There was a line to get in already! I told Bob and he said.....

'For STAMPS?!'

Yep - for stamps. hehe
Old 08-18-2012, 05:19 AM   #11307
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Great news Dody! Progress being made.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #11308
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sounds like a fun evening. What movie are you going to see today?
We're going to see ParaNorman and then out to lunch.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-18-2012, 05:20 AM   #11309
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm off to look at the some of the vendors' websites. I've started a shopping list and have time to add to it.

Had to chuckle at Bob this morning. I went for my morning walk at 7 while I talked to him. The doors open at 9 if you bought your tickets in advance, otherwise it's 9:30. There was a line to get in already! I told Bob and he said.....

'For STAMPS?!'

Yep - for stamps. hehe
Hope you're having a fun time. So sorry that Soni couldn't join you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-18-2012, 06:39 AM   #11310
Mini Quack

Quote:
This Super 8 doesn't have an elevator. The ground floor has either 4 steps to go down to that bank of rooms or a handicap access at the back of the building. Then to get to the 2nd and 3rd floor you have about 5-6 steps to each one. Even traveling light (which I CAN NOT do hehe), I knew it would be easier for you and Momma Sue both to not have to tackle them - though they are inside.

I'm always on the look out for 'Soni' things. Guess I'll mail your BD present and book next week hehe. See, I thought if I didn't turn around to go back after FJ that you'd definitely be here... just because I didn't have her for you to meet. LOL Guess that didin't work out so well.
thanks Kel my right knee is getting where she does not like stairs... that is the shorter one and the good one ...go figure
but I am ok most days... after traveling, it is worse from the sitting without it being up

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-18-2012 at 06:46 AM..
Old 08-18-2012, 06:50 AM   #11311
Mini Quack

Kel, I cannot wait to hear about all you find and see today

Dody, it is sounding better every day... hope the puppies love their new home as much as you do : )

Maggie, hope your time with your grands is great...what do you have have planned for later ?

Shell, Suzy, Karen, Sue A,Lois, hope this weekend is full of good stuff for all

if I missed any one, sorry ...

I have Codys baseball game well the first of a double header, then on to Brookes 2 nd game of a double header and need to return Faiths stroller to Tam, poor girl has Faith at the game with no help and no stroller

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-18-2012 at 05:19 PM..
Old 08-18-2012, 09:04 AM   #11312
First To Quack

Quote:
Yeah on the house progress. I know you'll be so happy to finally be settled in your own digs! I want to come visit to walk through your studio - bib in place of course as I'll be drooling like a mad dog
BAHAHAHA!!!! That made me smile!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 08-18-2012, 02:48 PM   #11313
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kel, I cannot wait to hear about all you find and see today

Dody, it is sounding better every day... hope the puppies love their new home as much as you do : )

Maggie, hope your time with your grands is great...what do you have have planned for later ?

Shell, Suzy, Karen, Sue A,Lois, hope this weekend is full of good stuff for all

if I missed any one, sorry ...

I have Codys baseball game well the first of a double header, then on to Brookes 2 nd game of a double header and need to return Faiths stroller to Tam, poor girl has Faith at the game with no help
I think we had an enjoyable time. The movie, ParaNorman, was really good. I even chuckled in a few spots. The kids both enjoyed it. We went to eat at The Olive Garden after the movie. It's a little pricey, but a good place and since I don't get to spend $$ on them too often, I decided to go ahead. Morgan really likes it there. We all ate really good and had some chocolate mousse for dessert.

I stopped on my way home at Lowe's to get water filters for under my sink and fro my shower. Then went by Michael's to see if they had any of those Mind's Eye paper pads that Kelly got at hers. NOPE! Not a one. That's why I hate this Michael's so much. They never have any of the good stuff.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #11314
First To Quack

The workers actually came and laid the sod here today; sure would be nice if SOMEONE would give us a heads up on what is going on. No matter, it's done & tomorrow I can take the dogs back out front. Now I guess we wait for someone to return the cubboard drawers & doors and then they will put the house back on the market. ugh! but I can't complain too bad since we've been here 3 months & not had to show it yet.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 08-18-2012, 03:39 PM   #11315
First To Quack

Quote:
I think we had an enjoyable time. The movie, ParaNorman, was really good. I even chuckled in a few spots. The kids both enjoyed it. We went to eat at The Olive Garden after the movie. It's a little pricey, but a good place and since I don't get to spend $$ on them too often, I decided to go ahead. Morgan really likes it there. We all ate really good and had some chocolate mousse for dessert.

I stopped on my way home at Lowe's to get water filters for under my sink and fro my shower. Then went by Michael's to see if they had any of those Mind's Eye paper pads that Kelly got at hers. NOPE! Not a one. That's why I hate this Michael's so much. They never have any of the good stuff.
oh??? You need more paper???? heeheehee!!!!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 08-18-2012, 04:32 PM   #11316
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

hi....
We are getting rain! Yippy!
Old 08-18-2012, 04:59 PM   #11317
Stazon Splitcoast

::: plops down on the bed :::: Goddess I'm beat! What'd everyone else do today?
Old 08-18-2012, 05:23 PM   #11318
Stazon Splitcoast

okay... here's my day.
I found most of what I went after, something I've been looking for but wasn't on my list and 2 things that were a total surprise I couldn't pass up.

Purchased:
3 embossing folders from Darice
4 cats eye chalks stamp pads (individual $2 ea)
2 flower maiden stamps
1 cute little bird stamp
1 background garden stamp (can't remember what the flower is called)
1 pkg of 3 bingo dauber tops for my mister bottles
1 book on Creating with Fabric ($24.95 - pd $5 new)
1 book on Rubber Stamping Artist Trading Cards (same as above)
1 library card stamp (suitable for an ATC)
And came home with $10 left of my spending money.

I got to meet the girls on my Show Me Mo Rubber stamp loop and we did our ATC exchange.

The highlight for me was the technique demo (mini class) with Terry Meaderis. Terry is amazing with Prisma colored pencils and gave great tips for blending plus educated us (me) on the difference between Prisma's and ordinary colored pencils. I promised him next time I was able to take the paid class, I would. It was offered yesterday for $25 all materials included but I didn't find out about classes soon enough. There were only 4 in his class yesterday! Talk about one on one instruction.

Oh yeah.. and I did NOT win any of the door prizes or the big daily prize

Can't believe I head home tomorrow. I'm really not ready. I do think I am going to pop back into the convention tomorrow before I leave though. I happened to think a couple of things I saw would be good blog candy prizes so want to snag them for the PBU Blog Hop in February.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #11319
Mini Quack

well I watched a little base ball, and a little softball. I played with Faith and visited with Tam and Brooke...then went up to the hospital, as grandpa was wanting to see her... Krista was visiting him too
I just got home, and ate a bowl of cereal, now to relax with some hot tea

It was a pretty day, quite warm in the sun... and I hear we have a few more just like it...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-18-2012, 05:27 PM   #11320
Mini Quack

Sounds like a good day Kel...
which embossing folders did you get...I have seen so many on line...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery