Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6821Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2012, 03:10 PM   #11241
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie...my timeline changed automatically. I had the note saying that it would go active as of the 15th on FB. So, I decided to change out my avatar....because when they made it bigger....they cut me out. I figured I didn't need the rocket guys as my avatar. So, that's when I put the kitties up. So, with that...I added the other picture too. I guess I'm up to speed now!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-16-2012, 03:53 PM   #11242
Total Quack

Hi there. I'm on the old computer again. It works .... slowly, but it works.

Unfortunately, when I get the new hard drives put on tomorrow, I will have to reload ALL the software. Argh. There are some that I can no longer put on there (SCAL because they no longer allow it to be downloaded and can't support the old copies), and that frustrates me terribly.

Jonah had a dentist appointment today. That went well. We went to lunch and then, went to the stables. Ahhhh ...... it felt so good to ride again (although, I doubt that it will tomorrow .... ). We've missed it. Jaydin did really well today, too.

Photography Site

Old 08-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #11243
Total Quack

Sue, your health sounds so much better. I'm very happy for you.

Photography Site

Old 08-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #11244
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Stephanie is doing better, she was able to come home yesterday. She baked cookies for Alyssa & took them to school (Nana drove) that girl is just unstopable!
wow... I hope she heals well and can feel better soon

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 08-16-2012, 07:24 PM   #11245
Mini Quack

Sue, yes your eating habits are very different now, as long as you are remaining healthy that is great I know you wanted to loose weight before, so hope this works for you
glad you are in less pain, and able to move around better

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-16-2012, 07:31 PM   #11246
Mini Quack

Tammy had a long evening at the hospital I guess grandpa got nasty verbally, not sure if it is meds, or maybe not enough oxygen?? but he had to be restrained

Her and Brooke drove up to get Faith, she was already asleep...I wish she would have left her, I could have taken her home tomorrow... Tam knew I needed to get to the store, so she felt bad but I bet she was really missing Faith, she has never been away from her this long or overnight...

I did get some cute pics of her today, she pulled her self up on the bean bag...turned to her walker and took two steps holding on... she is always on the go... lol but sits and plays well too I know Ali and the boys have loved having her here ... me too, I got some gramma snuggles

I am off to read , I doubt I will fall asleep easily after talking with Tammy...

Bill and I texted today, Mary was sick again... he said she is not eating, so he is really worried...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 03:28 AM   #11247
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Tammy had a long evening at the hospital I guess grandpa got nasty verbally, not sure if it is meds, or maybe not enough oxygen?? but he had to be restrained

Her and Brooke drove up to get Faith, she was already asleep...I wish she would have left her, I could have taken her home tomorrow... Tam knew I needed to get to the store, so she felt bad but I bet she was really missing Faith, she has never been away from her this long or overnight...

I did get some cute pics of her today, she pulled her self up on the bean bag...turned to her walker and took two steps holding on... she is always on the go... lol but sits and plays well too I know Ali and the boys have loved having her here ... me too, I got some gramma snuggles

I am off to read , I doubt I will fall asleep easily after talking with Tammy...

Bill and I texted today, Mary was sick again... he said she is not eating, so he is really worried...
Sorry Grandpa Don is having issues. I know that is so very hard for the girls who have watched over him all these years.

Yeah, those grandma snuggles are pretty cool

Not good that MaryLou isn't eating. I pray she has not hit her breaking point.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:56 AM   #11248
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I've missed so many days. I'm not sure that I can catch up at this point. Please let me know if I've missed anything important.
I can tell you I'm in Collinsville and forgot to bring FJ. I intended to bring her so she could get her picture taken at the stamp show with me and Soni. oops! Guess she goes home next week without that little bonus.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 AM   #11249
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
We had a downpour last night! Big storms dropped 3 1/2 inches of rain! The pool is so full that we might have to empty some out!
That's a good amount of rain in a short time. We got enough here last night that some low spots in parking lots still have little puddles. I guess my home area got hit quite a bit with hail/ winds. Hit there about 1:30 yesterday afternoon. I get the storm alerts from the local news channel on my text service. I haven't heard anything from my neighbor so I guess the house is still standing. Beautiful day here in Collinsville. So cool out this morning. Soni, if you're coming, bring a jacket for going over to the Gateway Center. It will be chilly in the morning and may be chilly in the convention hall, too.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:03 AM   #11250
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
as soon as the rain lets up I want to run out to check my mail, I am hoping my holiday catty is here from Maggie too if not, maybe tomorrow ...

Faith has had a good morning playing with Dustin, pulled herself up in a few different places to a standing position ... ah now the fun begins...
She loves scooting and "army" crawling around here, I have such a big open space... she gets all giggly... I told her no no earlier she squirreled her nose at me, when I got up out of my chair, she looked at me and said " OH!" it was quite funny
Abby went from Army crawl to full out crawling within about 48 hours. Look out! The first night she did that at the apt, (july 6th) She would chase Adrian across the apt. Sue said they did that for like an hour LOL
Old 08-17-2012, 05:04 AM   #11251
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
YIPPEE guess what was in my mail box...
I do see a few things I like too

Thanks Maggie
I saw a few things. I already have the 3 new fabrics. I'll be able to divide the rest of what I want between my Sept. and Nov. club orders. I think I have to try the scented embossing powders. Did you know you can make that with sugar-free koolaid and a clear embossing powder mixed together?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:05 AM   #11252
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Stephanie is doing better, she was able to come home yesterday. She baked cookies for Alyssa & took them to school (Nana drove) that girl is just unstopable!
LOL Hmmm wonder where she gets THAT!
Old 08-17-2012, 05:06 AM   #11253
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
all good news, Sue!!!
What she said
Old 08-17-2012, 05:08 AM   #11254
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:

Unfortunately, when I get the new hard drives put on tomorrow, I will have to reload ALL the software. Argh. There are some that I can no longer put on there (SCAL because they no longer allow it to be downloaded and can't support the old copies), and that frustrates me terribly.

Jonah had a dentist appointment today. That went well. We went to lunch and then, went to the stables. Ahhhh ...... it felt so good to ride again (although, I doubt that it will tomorrow .... ). We've missed it. Jaydin did really well today, too.
Sorry about some of your programs, Shell. I know what a pain doing on the reloads will be. When I thought I might have to reformat my laptop I made sure to back up all the programs that I didn't have software for.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:41 AM   #11255
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

When I got my new Asus laptop and had Windows 7 on it, I had to discard some of my old software because it was not compatible. Very frustrating to lose stuff like that.

Glad Jonah's appointment went well at the dentist and that Jaydin had fun riding.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 08-17-2012, 05:44 AM   #11256
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

So sorry about Grandpa Don. Do they have any idea when he'll be released from the hospital? Does he live on his own? Sorry you didn't get to have Faith spend the night again. I'm sure Tammy was missing her. Can't wait to see your pics.

So sorry also about MaryLou. That does not sound good that she's not eating. Prayers being said for all involved.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-17-2012, 05:45 AM   #11257
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I saw a few things. I already have the 3 new fabrics. I'll be able to divide the rest of what I want between my Sept. and Nov. club orders. I think I have to try the scented embossing powders. Did you know you can make that with sugar-free koolaid and a clear embossing powder mixed together?
What a "Kool" idea!
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-17-2012, 05:49 AM   #11258
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Had a busy night last night. Did my workout when I got home and then worked on scrubbing the floors so they look nice. Then I changed the bed linens on my bed. That doesn't sound like much, but it sure took up the evening. I still need to pick up the floor in my stamp room. I'm planning to leave the office early today so I'll have time to do that when I get home. I need to make a stop at the grocery store to get some things for the kids.

I did pick out 2 images from Gingerloft. I need to pick one for my card due this Sunday. I'm going to have to really work on that when I get home tomorrow after taking the kids home. I sort of have it planned out in my mind; now to just get it down n paper.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-17-2012, 05:50 AM   #11259
Mini Quack

Quote:
I can tell you I'm in Collinsville and forgot to bring FJ. I intended to bring her so she could get her picture taken at the stamp show with me and Soni. oops! Guess she goes home next week without that little bonus.
Well Soni will not be there... Sue and I talked, she left it up to me... There was no way I could get ready , plus with grandpa turning in the direction that he dad yesterday U am sure I would not have been comfortable with being away ...
I was really looking forward to being there ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 05:56 AM   #11260
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
So sorry about Grandpa Don. Do they have any idea when he'll be released from the hospital? Does he live on his own? Sorry you didn't get to have Faith spend the night again. I'm sure Tammy was missing her. Can't wait to see your pics.

So sorry also about MaryLou. That does not sound good that she's not eating. Prayers being said for all involved.
Hi Maggie... Helives alone, tho he should not be... So far most agree he should not go home alone... Tammy has the list of nursing homes, trying to check those out and make a decision...which is hard, one day he is coherent the next not making any sense We are on a day to day basis, as quickly as he is changing we just have no idea

Marylou...yes we are all quite concerned... the one thing in life that never changed, she loves FOOD hoping and praying she will get hungry

thanks, as always for your continued prayers again soon

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 05:57 AM   #11261
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Well Soni will not be there... Sue and I talked, she left it up to me... There was no way I could get ready , plus with grandpa turning in the direction that he dad yesterday U am sure I would not have been comfortable with being away ...
I was really looking forward to being there ...
And I was really looking forward to seeing you and Momma Sue but I understand. Have you called the hotel?
Old 08-17-2012, 05:58 AM   #11262
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
What a "Kool" idea!
You can also use cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice, though it does color the embossing powder.. but you can use it with brown. You can also fine-ground instant coffee.
Old 08-17-2012, 06:01 AM   #11263
Mini Quack

Good Morning.... I slept pretty good, tho I still listening for Faith

I am off to get cleaned up, so I can go run errands

64 degrees right now and sunny .It is only getting in mid 70's today and tomorrow
Ah my kind of weather...tho some one opened my craft room window and it is super chilly in here , it got down to 50 last night...
I cannot close it, so I guess I will just keep a blanket handy today

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 06:05 AM   #11264
Quacker Stamper

Boss is gone up to Austin today. He is the Chair of the State Bar ADR Section this year and there is some legislation being presented to the Legislature today regarding Collaborative Law which is used mostly in Family Law cases. He was asked by the Chair of the Collaborative Law Section to be part of the group going to present the new legislation. The presentation isn't until noon, but he needed to be there prior to that so he took the 8:35 a.m flight and his flight back isn't until 3:30, so he'll be gone for the day.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-17-2012, 06:18 AM   #11265
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Good morning Quackers. Had a busy night last night. Did my workout when I got home and then worked on scrubbing the floors so they look nice. Then I changed the bed linens on my bed. That doesn't sound like much, but it sure took up the evening. I still need to pick up the floor in my stamp room. I'm planning to leave the office early today so I'll have time to do that when I get home. I need to make a stop at the grocery store to get some things for the kids.

I did pick out 2 images from Gingerloft. I need to pick one for my card due this Sunday. I'm going to have to really work on that when I get home tomorrow after taking the kids home. I sort of have it planned out in my mind; now to just get it down n paper.

"why did you need to pick up the floor in your scrap room? Was their something under it you lost?

What are you feeding the kids tonight? What will you guys do?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:32 AM   #11266
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
"why did you need to pick up the floor in your scrap room? Was their something under it you lost?

What are you feeding the kids tonight? What will you guys do?
Need to pick up all the stamping stuff all over the floor so DGD has some room to put her air mattress down so she can sleep in there.

They are not coming over until about 7/7:30 tonight so DD doesn't have to drive in all the traffic from her house to mine, so they'll eat at home tonight. I'm going to make Egg McMuffins for breakfast in the morning and then we'll eat out somewhere for lunch.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 08-17-2012, 06:36 AM   #11267
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hi Maggie... Helives alone, tho he should not be... So far most agree he should not go home alone... Tammy has the list of nursing homes, trying to check those out and make a decision...which is hard, one day he is coherent the next not making any sense We are on a day to day basis, as quickly as he is changing we just have no idea

Marylou...yes we are all quite concerned... the one thing in life that never changed, she loves FOOD hoping and praying she will get hungry

thanks, as always for your continued prayers again soon
Where is his son in all of this? Just wondering?
Old 08-17-2012, 06:40 AM   #11268
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Boss is gone up to Austin today. He is the Chair of the State Bar ADR Section this year and there is some legislation being presented to the Legislature today regarding Collaborative Law which is used mostly in Family Law cases. He was asked by the Chair of the Collaborative Law Section to be part of the group going to present the new legislation. The presentation isn't until noon, but he needed to be there prior to that so he took the 8:35 a.m flight and his flight back isn't until 3:30, so he'll be gone for the day.

I hear the heartbreak in your voice
Old 08-17-2012, 06:42 AM   #11269
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Need to pick up all the stamping stuff all over the floor so DGD has some room to put her air mattress down so she can sleep in there.

They are not coming over until about 7/7:30 tonight so DD doesn't have to drive in all the traffic from her house to mine, so they'll eat at home tonight. I'm going to make Egg McMuffins for breakfast in the morning and then we'll eat out somewhere for lunch.
Yum
So you picked stuff up OFF the floor hehe.. Yeah, I'm being a pill
Old 08-17-2012, 07:42 AM   #11270
Total Quack

Quote:

Oh no!!! She's home alone?! I sure hope the kitties and dogs take care of her.

Jaydin was asking about her the other day. FJ has certainly had an amazing summer!!! Thank you!!

Photography Site

Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #11271
Total Quack

Quote:
Sorry about some of your programs, Shell. I know what a pain doing on the reloads will be. When I thought I might have to reformat my laptop I made sure to back up all the programs that I didn't have software for.

I didn't have an option to do that ... I didn't get to back up my email, either. My hard drives just quit, and the computer doesn't boot up. Fortunately, I backed up all of my pictures and most of my files on Saturday. I do think that I lost all of the embroidery files I had created, though.

Photography Site

Old 08-17-2012, 07:51 AM   #11272
Mini Quack

Quote:
Where is his son in all of this? Just wondering?
well some things never change would be the kindest way I could say it...

In all of the years I have known either of them, which is since I was 18...there has not been a good constant...that is why GR Don stood by me when we were divorced and then as I married Wally he asked to remain in my life and when the girls were born he asked to be "grandpa" he has a daughter he has not seen since 1970 and 3 grand daughters by her he has never seen in person...only pictures a few times... tho he does have a grandson by his son, and he finally returned contact with Tammy today ...Don is so proud and lets his pride get in the way he did not want any of us to see him grow old or be sick he does not want the great grands to see him even with oxygen, that is why we were shocked he said yes to seeing Ali Brooke and Cody in the hospital

we have all tried to reach his son, he has not responded to any of us.... I am the only one that got him to come home when his Mother passed several years ago ... he is a lot like his dad in that way but did not get the memo on the good side he is just out to live his life no matter who he hurts... hence why we did not last... thank goodness

sad sad story... but I have gratitude and respect for DON and proud that my girls know what is important in life...

Life is too precious and short...some will never get that ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 08-17-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 08-17-2012, 07:52 AM   #11273
Mini Quack

Shell sorry for all you have lost... such a frustrating and sad experience...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 07:53 AM   #11274
Total Quack

Quote:
When I got my new Asus laptop and had Windows 7 on it, I had to discard some of my old software because it was not compatible. Very frustrating to lose stuff like that.

Glad Jonah's appointment went well at the dentist and that Jaydin had fun riding.

Fortunately, I've already replaced those programs (the ones not compatible with Windows 7) because I've had the computer for a year.

This is the third issue with that computer, and I'm VERY unhappy with that.

On the other hand ..... the computer I'm on right now is 7 years old and still runs.......

Photography Site

Old 08-17-2012, 07:59 AM   #11275
Total Quack

Quote:
Yum
So you picked stuff up OFF the floor hehe.. Yeah, I'm being a pill

I thought it was funny.

Photography Site

Old 08-17-2012, 08:00 AM   #11276
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

morning...making plans to run errands. Sounds like everyone is busy, busy!

have a good one, y'all...
Old 08-17-2012, 08:09 AM   #11277
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell sorry for all you have lost... such a frustrating and sad experience...

It's frustrating, but it is what it is. It could be so much worse, and I'm ok with it. I just hate the daunting task of reloading everything and trying to get it the way I want it. It will be like getting a new computer in that respect. We'll see how it goes. I figure that it will take several days, and I don't expect to really be able to use the computer until some time next week.

Photography Site

Old 08-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #11278
Mini Quack

Quote:
Fortunately, I've already replaced those programs (the ones not compatible with Windows 7) because I've had the computer for a year.

This is the third issue with that computer, and I'm VERY unhappy with that.

On the other hand ..... the computer I'm on right now is 7 years old and still runs.......
as bad as Randy wanted a computer like yours he is glad he did not invest in one right now...it is sad that these issues happen
yes my desktop was bought in 2004 I believe... I have been blessed many times over

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 08:35 AM   #11279
Mini Quack

I am off to run errands, still trying to decide what is best route... I could just go to the store in Brimfield just 10 miles away or
and wait to go to Peora later or tomorrow ???

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 08-17-2012, 09:09 AM   #11280
Total Quack

Quote:
as bad as Randy wanted a computer like yours he is glad he did not invest in one right now...it is sad that these issues happen
yes my desktop was bought in 2004 I believe... I have been blessed many times over

Things happen even with the very best. There can always be issues. Customer service with Dell is awesome. They are taking care of the issues.

Photography Site