Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6383Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #1081
Glitter Guru

hey ladies.....looks like things are lookin up for most of you.

Dody....glad to hear you sold your house and hope you find an awesome one in Fl.

Soni....glad to hear things are going some better for MaryLou..I'll keep her on my prayer list.

Maggie....thanks so much for the cute card you sent. I just wish I wasn't so old and I'd heal up much quicker...LOL

Suzy...When do you plan on getting the foundation done? Spring?

Sue....Hope things are going well. Have you started your new job yet?

Shell...Got snow yet? We've only had 1" here so far this winter. I about imagine we'll get hit hard in March.

Kelly...Enjoy time with Bob! Bill was suppose to come home, but he forgot to put in for hometime, so now he's on his way to WA and will put in for home time from there.

Karen....how's it going? How much is your Amuse catty? I think I might like to get one. I could/would swap catties with you if that's something you'd like to do.

Not alot going on around here. I just do a little each day. I'm still pretty sore, but not near as much as I was in December. I have been slowly but surely working on cards, just not progessing very fair. Seems I still tire out easy. but they will get done....hopefully this year! LOL Seriously, I hope to have them done this weekend. Our weather has been pretty much "spring" like, but now the temps are "winter". I expect that our "BIG" snow will come next month sometime or maybe even an ice storm. We need the moisture really bad.

Have a great day everyone!

Stampin Up Demo 9/08

www.mystampinplace.blogspot.com

"I don't regret my past, I just regret the time I wasted on the wrong people."
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-09-2012, 12:43 PM   #1082
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
thanks! LOL, I did stop packing long enough to sandwich it. I decided it would be easier to move my batting OFF of the big roll & fold it up. So I might as well use as much as I can. I found some backing unbleached muslin that worked well..no piecing I folded it up & put it in my Vera Bradley tote & will put all my hand quilting stuff in there. It will be nice to know that I will have a project to do when the dust settles. Sewing calms me so that will come in handy.

we talked to a fl realor today & she has started looking, we'll go down next week & see what available.

Wow. Good for you. I do think that will be easier for you. I think it's great that you'll have that project ready when you're able to start sewing and crafting again.

Wonderful! I hope that she shows you something completely amazing!!

Old 02-09-2012, 12:46 PM   #1083
Total Quack

Quote:
no, not fun but at least I can go slow & organize & purge (again ) so far it's going well.

Good!! Wish you could come help me do the same ... well, without the packing part.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #1084
Total Quack

Quote:
I know some of you will laugh but I have everything sorted by fabric type ( batik, flannel, cotton, etc ) and then each tub is sorted in rainbow order. That's how I had it on my shelves so I knew where to look for what I wanted. I have filled 2 big sterlite tubs, 1 big extra long tub and 3 of the narrow but full size tubs. I still have several sweater boxes full of my cuts. Funny thing is I have used over 10 yards already this year!

You go, girl!! That's exactly how it should be done!

I have way more fabric that someone who doesn't really sew should ...

Old 02-09-2012, 01:28 PM   #1085
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell, what are you making for the cruise?

Suzy, we do have a senser on our driveway light, I won't be without it!!! It comes in so handy & I think it was fairly easy & cheap to do.

There is a thing that we hang outside our door on the ship - it hangs on a fish-shaped hook (put there so that stewards can leave information and such for the guests) and is called a "Fish Extender." Those on the DISboards (forum) that are on our cruise set up a Fish Extender exchange. We put ours out hanging on the fish hook. Then, other guests that have signed up for the exchange come by randomly through the cruise and leave little gifts for us in our FE (fish extender). It's a very personal thing, as it represents your family.

Here's a picture of the one I made for the first cruise. We used it for the 2nd one, as well. The other picture shows the pockets in it.
Attached Thumbnails
fe.jpg   fe-pockets.jpg  

Old 02-09-2012, 01:34 PM   #1086
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
Hi ya girls! lunch time check in. Well, I'm back from lunch, but.....

I may or may not be on tomorrow. I took the day off and will just have to see if I can get on the home computer at some point tomorrow.

Dody, wish I could help you pack up, or at least send my DD to help

Enjoy your day off!!

Old 02-09-2012, 01:38 PM   #1087
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post

Shell...Got snow yet? We've only had 1" here so far this winter. I about imagine we'll get hit hard in March.

Not alot going on around here. I just do a little each day. I'm still pretty sore, but not near as much as I was in December. I have been slowly but surely working on cards, just not progessing very fair. Seems I still tire out easy. but they will get done....hopefully this year! LOL Seriously, I hope to have them done this weekend. Our weather has been pretty much "spring" like, but now the temps are "winter". I expect that our "BIG" snow will come next month sometime or maybe even an ice storm. We need the moisture really bad.

Hey, Lois!! It's good to see you posting. I'm glad you're doing a little more. I hope the pain goes away soon.

Snow!? Ha!!! We are in the middle of spring. Daffodils are blooming, trees are coming out ..... and it's been like this for the last 2 week, at least. We didn't really have winter at all. Bummer ...

Old 02-09-2012, 02:20 PM   #1088
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Quote:
Shell, what are you making for the cruise?

Suzy, we do have a senser on our driveway light, I won't be without it!!! It comes in so handy & I think it was fairly easy & cheap to do.
I soooo wish I had one after my late night visitor last night!!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #1089

OK, all caught up again ... been a long day
Old 02-09-2012, 02:22 PM   #1090
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelinscrapper View Post

Dody....glad to hear you sold your house and hope you find an awesome one in Fl.

Soni....glad to hear things are going some better for MaryLou..I'll keep her on my prayer list.

Maggie....thanks so much for the cute card you sent. I just wish I wasn't so old and I'd heal up much quicker...LOL

Suzy...When do you plan on getting the foundation done? Spring?

Sue....Hope things are going well. Have you started your new job yet?

Kelly...Enjoy time with Bob! Bill was suppose to come home, but he forgot to put in for hometime, so now he's on his way to WA and will put in for home time from there.

Karen....how's it going? How much is your Amuse catty? I think I might like to get one. I could/would swap catties with you if that's something you'd like to do.

We have had some smaller companies come out for a look..and a bid. Then we are having some of the larger companies come and do the same thing. Those big companies have been the wait.....it was a 3 week wait when we called. Our last one will be here tomorrow. Then we'll decided on the bid and how we feel about the companies. One guy came out but never got back to us. We figure he decided he didn't want the job. So, it will be sometime this spring. All depends on when we can get them. One of the big companies said on Tuesday that they are booking for March right now.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #1091

So last night, Ali and I stop at Mom's and pick the boys up and head home. The each went to bed, I jumped in my shower, and Ali headed for hers. After I got out and in pjs, I went to the kitchen. I was standing at the fridge (next to the window that goes to the living room). I heard a really faint knocking on the front door. OK, I am an extreme whimp out here in the country, especially after dark. Now that Keith works 2nd shift, even more so. So I acted like I didn't hear anything and headed down the hall. The kitchen light was on, but not the outside lights. The knocking continued. The dog was asleep in Keith's garage out back, so she didn't know anything was going on. I was too freaked out to answer the door as late as it was without Kasey there with me. So I went into the bathroom Ali was in and told her. She got out and dressed. Neither of us could see who it was through other windows, and I could only make out that it was an SUVish vehicle in the drive, not a car or truck. Well, the knocking continued, but it stayed faint. So I finally looked at her and said I was going to answer it. I acted like "oh, do I hear something" looking around and made my way to the door.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:27 PM   #1092

Keep in mind this is like 9:45 or so at night. And out in the country.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:31 PM   #1093
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Here, we pretty much need to have one to keep everyone's critters in their own yards. I would love to have enough trees and bushes around my house to keep critters out, but that won't work in this area.
Yes, we had a fenced in yard when we lived in town. Now, I didn't mention the lack of critters with the trees and bushes. At least the 2 foot type...I guess. We have raccoons, skunks, deer, rabbits, etc....all ignore any type of fencing!!!!

I remember when we first moved in....I was walking back from the pump house. Jack and his dad were working on something in there. As I walked up the path....I saw through the trees and bushes a big black dog eating my grass!!! Well, when I got closer...it wasn't a dog at all. It was a cow!!! She had gotten away from the team pens. I went back to get Jack and his dad. I didn't live that one down for awhile!! That cow would slip out a lot!!! We heard noises near our bedroom one weekend. We could hear people talking and yelling. Jack got up and got dressed. I did the same. He went to the door to find 5 people on horse back....a truck and horse trailer in our driveway. Plus some people that were just walking with ropes. It was like a rodeo in our yard.....just after that cow....AGAIN!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:32 PM   #1094

I flipped the porch light on, and saw the guy from down the road standing there, and you could tell he was crying. OK, I have to tell you, I refer to this guy as "the freak" with my family and friends. He has lived with his mom down the road longer than I've been here, in a place covered in weeds, broken down vehicles, and just dump-like appearance. They always smell very bad. His mom passed away late last summer, and he is all alone. I know he has nobody. He's always been nice and everything, but there is just something about him that makes me extremely uncomfortable. And Kasey has NEVER liked him. Anytime she sees his vehicle, she runs the ditch barking. Her hackles are as tall as possible if he's here. And my dog is great with people, and likes most. She is intimidating to those that don't know her, but she warms up if she knows you're supposed to be here.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:33 PM   #1095
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

gosh, Krista....did you finally answer the door?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:34 PM   #1096
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

okay...I see that you answered the door. So, what did he want?
Old 02-09-2012, 02:35 PM   #1097
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

kind of creepy.....
Old 02-09-2012, 02:36 PM   #1098
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Keep in mind this is like 9:45 or so at night. And out in the country.
it must have been serious for him to be at your house at that hour.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:37 PM   #1099

Anyway, he was crying, frozen snot hanging from his nose and all. YUCK! He said he though his dog was in the process of dying, and that its brother died 3 weeks ago, and he was scared and needed to make a phone call. He doesn't have a phone now. I handed him my cell phone and let him dial (did not invite him in). He called info for a vet clinic and needed help calling it on my phone. I helped him with that. I let him talk on the porch, and turned to Ali and whispered for her to let Kasey in thru the kitchen sliding door. When Kasey came in, I told him to come in the doorway out of the cold. I really feel bad for him. I know he is all alone and has nobody, the world has just crashed around him. I really don't think he is able to take care of himself, let alone the animals.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:39 PM   #1100
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

That was smart to have him stay on the porch....until you got Kasey in the house.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #1101
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Oh Krista, that is so sad for him...it does sound like his world is falling apart.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:41 PM   #1102

So he made his call, then just broke down and talked, scared for his dog. Ali stayed in there with me. Thank God, Keith got off an hour early cuz it was a meeting night at work. This guy was here over 45 minutes when Keith got home. I had sent Ali to bed about 10 minutes earlier because it was so late and I had my doggie. So anyway, he finally left, and I locked the door and went into the kitchen. The smell just finally hit me like a brick, and I ran to the sink. Dry heaving and gagging just took over. Keith went to the door to shut the light off after he got out of the drive, and he was standing at the door. :O His car wouldn't start. Keith went out and got his truck and jumped it and got him headed out. OMG What a night!!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #1103
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We had that happen when we lived in town. The guy across the street from us was a veteran of the Vietnam War. I know that he was okay most of the time...but, sometimes he would just go off. He came over one night to our little porch....rang the door bell about 3am. We didn't want to open the door...looked out the peep hole. Saw him go across the street to his house. The porch light was on his porch. The next morning we had blood on our porch. He was known for cutting himself. I had let him use the phone one time...but, he had to come in. I didn't think anything of it at the time. That was before I knew him well. After that....Jack bought a portable phone. I let the guy use it...on the porch the next time. It wasn't unusual to have the rescue squad at his house at all hours of the night. He was admitted to the VA hospital several times...in the mental ward.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM   #1104

Yeah, I want to help him, but there's just this uncomfortableness that I can't explain. And Kasey's behavior around him keeps me on my toes with it. I want to be sympathetic and not leave him alone, but idk. Anyway, I have not seen or heard anything, so I don't know how things are.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #1105
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Gosh, Krista....that was an adventure. Sure glad that Keith got home earlier. Otherwise, you would have had this guy longer. I can only imagine how you felt with the smell. OMG!!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #1106

I know he has got to be lonely and scared!

I bet that was uncomfortable Suzy!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:48 PM   #1107

Then today ...
Old 02-09-2012, 02:49 PM   #1108
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Sure glad that Kasey is there for you. They sure seem to know when someone just isn't right!!! It's a case of TBAR for sure......"that boy ain't right".
Old 02-09-2012, 02:51 PM   #1109
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We didn't live in that house much longer. It was while we were building this one. I was ready to live in the country with no one around!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #1110

I went to Jenny's and babysat Ethan for a few hours while she went in to her doctor appt - x-rays folling her broken elbow and surgery. I went downstairs and did some creating, and Ali started texting me. She said her stomach hurt, but she thought it may just be because she hadn't eaten yet. So I told her text me after she gets something in her stomach and let me know. She texted after eating saying it felt a little better, but hurt on and off so bad she wanted to cry. (Ali has an extremely high pain tolerance) I asked her if she wanted me to come get her. She said no cuz she wouldn't be able to play (vb game) tonight. So I took her some pepto and gatorade when I picked the boys up from school. She was staying after cuz the bus would leave 15 minutes later. She met me in the hall, ghost white, and said she didn't want to go to the game. Alert : she's sick! So she went and took the pepto and we told her coach what was going on, then headed home. Within 5 minutes she had diarrhea, and in the next 10 she was in my bathroom throwing up. UGH! Good choice not to go to the game girl!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM   #1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Sure glad that Kasey is there for you. They sure seem to know when someone just isn't right!!! It's a case of TBAR for sure......"that boy ain't right".
HAHA I love that terminology! I'll be using that one! LOL
Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #1112

And the boys both decided to be "pills" today. Oh joy! They seem to better after some time to themselves. Cody had to get the big dictionary and read me the definitions of "respect," "respectable," and "respectful." We had a discussion about his actions and words lately. And he was informed that if he couldn't straighten it back out, he would be doing some writing of these definitions and similar things. Hmmm... haven't heard much out of him since.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:55 PM   #1113
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Now, there was a time that Jack was gone....I was up early one morning...about 6:30am. It was summer time...no school for me. But, for some reason I was up. Having coffee in the living room...reading a book. I had a knock at the back door. So, I go through the kitchen...look out the window of the kitchen to the drive...I see a police cruiser sitting out in the driveway. It's not close to the garage door...which is close to the back door. I'm in my pj's....I go and answer the door. The police officer asked if I was okay. I said that I was. He asked if anyone else was in the house. I said it was just me. He then asked me again if I was okay. I said that I was. He asked again if I was alone. I told him to come on in. He wouldn't....he said that there had been an emergency call on my phone. I told him "no"....I hadn't used the phone.
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #1114
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
And the boys both decided to be "pills" today. Oh joy! They seem to better after some time to themselves. Cody had to get the big dictionary and read me the definitions of "respect," "respectable," and "respectful." We had a discussion about his actions and words lately. And he was informed that if he couldn't straighten it back out, he would be doing some writing of these definitions and similar things. Hmmm... haven't heard much out of him since.
good for you!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:57 PM   #1115

Um, that's scary!!!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:58 PM   #1116
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
HAHA I love that terminology! I'll be using that one! LOL
oh yes...it sums it up well!! A friend of ours is a school counselor....he and the principal use it all the time!!!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:59 PM   #1117

Mom stopped on her way home and got a few things for the sickie, and for an easy supper for the rest of us (I was planning on McD's on our way home from the vb game lol) Gonna go make some spaghetti-os and get the boys heading towards bath time. (just in case an early bedtime needs to be given, they'll be ready LOL)
Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #1118
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

The police officer finally came in the house...to check the phone. Jack had a separate line to his office. It was dead...so, we figured the ground had shifted. He said I should get the phone company out to check it right away. I did and they said that the wiring had shifted...so, that was cleared up.....we thought.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:00 PM   #1119
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Mom stopped on her way home and got a few things for the sickie, and for an easy supper for the rest of us (I was planning on McD's on our way home from the vb game lol) Gonna go make some spaghetti-os and get the boys heading towards bath time. (just in case an early bedtime needs to be given, they'll be ready LOL)
glad you had a back up plan.....food wise.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:01 PM   #1120
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Now that is weird Suzy...I never tell any one I am alone...I know where Krista gets her "whimp i ness " from

I am amazed that he did not see my light on, I was up and in the computer room that faces the road...I would have been totally freaked out...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC