Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6564Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2012, 07:05 AM   #9761
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
I have a bookcase on my front porch (yep Soni, now I have a front porch and it's about 30ft long) and I want to bring it into my kitchen for storage. Thinking about fixing a curtain rod to it and making a simple drape curtain to keep the stuff dust free. Want to put my crock-pots and canisters in it. Speaking of drape curtains, Soni did you ever get those curtains done for Krista?
uh thanks for asking and that answer is no and her birthday is fast approaching for the second time I told Dody I needed her to come help ... lol

why do ideas always seem easier at the store ?????

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 07-14-2012 at 07:09 AM..
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-14-2012, 07:07 AM   #9762
Mini Quack

Quote:
It's not that I want the $$ so much, it's that he needs to address his priorities regarding his own money. I do charge him $200 a month to live here - so basically, it includes heat, electricity, water, dish TV and internet. That's pretty cheap. He works at Wal-Mart and I know he doesn't earn much more than $9 per hour. So... he needs to decide which he'd rather consume food or alcohol? I can understand the need to socialize, but not 4 nights a week.

I can't afford to socialize like that. Of course with my work schedule there's not much socializing anyway. But I look for ways to cut back in other areas if I am planning an outing. Free food does help though.
I totally understand...my girls are welcome to any thing I have here too ... but thought maybe he would realise that you too live on a budget ,I know you are helping him out, hope he realises that too ...sometimes they do not see us not having that never ending supply of any thing including $$$ : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 07-14-2012 at 07:14 AM..
Old 07-14-2012, 07:10 AM   #9763
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It's not that I want the $$ so much, it's that he needs to address his priorities regarding his own money. I do charge him $200 a month to live here - so basically, it includes heat, electricity, water, dish TV and internet. That's pretty cheap. He works at Wal-Mart and I know he doesn't earn much more than $9 per hour. So... he needs to decide which he'd rather consume food or alcohol? I can understand the need to socialize, but not 4 nights a week.

I can't afford to socialize like that. Of course with my work schedule there's not much socializing anyway. But I look for ways to cut back in other areas if I am planning an outing. Free food does help though.
Well, at least he should ask you first if you have any plans for whatever he wants to eat. At least that way you can keep track of what you have in there for yourself.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-14-2012, 07:12 AM   #9764
Mini Quack

Sue , sure wish you were here to help me eat this roast dinner...and sit and visit...
I know Daisy would love the company...she is enjoying a quiet day so far, yesterday with 5 kids and 3 adults and Abby girl ( Tammys dog ) pls a couple more( another Abbey and her new baby bot ) all at Tammy's house was very busy and hot ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-14-2012, 07:19 AM   #9765
Mini Quack

well my eyes are giving me fits, need to go clean them...I was hoping for a day with out A/C but I may need to give in ugh

I have enjoyed extra time here this morning, but I guess I should go get things done so I can enjoy my day ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #9766
Mini Quack

wow, hard floors are swept and scrubbed, carpet swept and freshened up , dusting done , I cleaned out 2 refrigerators and freezers ( the ones on top of fridges ) and my pantry closet too .... drooped books off at library, and up dated my Neflix Que and I need to go hang up one load of laundry, and clean my bath room mirror and front storm door...

I am pulling things out , Tammy and I are going to have a garage sale this week...So I am hoping to de clutter some and really part with things I am not using ... Wish me luck

My roast is smelling good, I will add carrots and potatoes soon... I love those one pot dinners

I am ready to go read, I have just a few pages to finish a book, I just could not keep my eyes open at all last night ! the A/C is on, I could not handle the humidity it is only 80...I am hoping after it runs a bit I can adjust it so it is not running all the time and enjoy a cool breeze from my fan

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-14-2012, 10:40 AM   #9767
Quacker Stamper

Mid-day Quacks. Spent a couple hours organizing my closet. I like to keep a blouse/shirt with each bottom (slacks/shorts/skirt) so I can just grab a hanger and have an outfit to wear. I've gotten some new things and with the laundry and cleaning, stuff was just stuck in the closet without any order. Now, I've got it all sorted out. Easy to get ready for work in the morning.

Just finished up lunch and now ordering some of my new digis. I was supposed to get 1 digi from each store, but one of the stores I got $5, and was able to get 3 images with that. So cute! I still have 2 more GC that I've been sent and still should get 3 more.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-14-2012, 10:44 AM   #9768
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
wow, hard floors are swept and scrubbed, carpet swept and freshened up , dusting done , I cleaned out 2 refrigerators and freezers ( the ones on top of fridges ) and my pantry closet too .... drooped books off at library, and up dated my Neflix Que and I need to go hang up one load of laundry, and clean my bath room mirror and front storm door...

I am pulling things out , Tammy and I are going to have a garage sale this week...So I am hoping to de clutter some and really part with things I am not using ... Wish me luck

My roast is smelling good, I will add carrots and potatoes soon... I love those one pot dinners

I am ready to go read, I have just a few pages to finish a book, I just could not keep my eyes open at all last night ! the A/C is on, I could not handle the humidity it is only 80...I am hoping after it runs a bit I can adjust it so it is not running all the time and enjoy a cool breeze from my fan
I really need to clean out my freezers. One needs to be defrosted, but I don't have room to put the stuff that's in there. My freezer over the fridge inside really needs to be cleaned out also. I'm sure there are things in there that need to be disposed of. I was just thinking that I am going to make a banana bread. I found a recipe the other day that uses honey and applesauce instead of sugar and oil. I have a bunch of frozen bananas that really need to be used.

I have a little bit of laundry that needs to be taken care of.

Skies are starting to cloud up, so we may yet get some more rain today.

I bought 2 dinners at Whole Foods yesterday; one with salmon and rice and the other with chicken and rice. I had some of the salmon today. A half of the container was enough for me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #9769
Mini Quack

It has been a long time since a book really brought me to tear, quiet tears of just knowing or realizing... Probably not a book all of you would enjoy...but a story of family and life and past... and eventually a death...
TENDING ROSES by Lisa Wingate... it was one that caught my eye, and sounded good...I am so glad I brought it home to read, it was a bit slow to get into but definitely a good read in my opinion

Oh and the tears did not happen until the last few pages ... just saying ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 07-14-2012 at 01:11 PM..
Old 07-14-2012, 06:02 PM   #9770
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

went to a stamp show with GF....had a great time today! Now, I need to work on laundry...oh joy!
Old 07-14-2012, 06:10 PM   #9771
Mini Quack

Hallmark channel had some good Christmas movies on all afternoon and evening...that finished of my quiet day perfectly

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-14-2012, 09:07 PM   #9772
Mini Quack

And my really quiet day got even better...
I had a surprise , no reason, phone call from my brother Bill, Donnie and is grandson Ed and Bill all went fishing...
after having a fish fry at the church, they decided to just go have fun and see who could catch the most fish ...
They were all laughing, and Donnie was picking on me...
Bill was stirring up stuff to get Donnie and me going lol
so it was a really great call...

just those little things sure make life so good ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 03:48 AM   #9773
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers.

I've really been having a hard time sleeping through the night lately. I changed my Benadryl at night to a generic brand and I think that's the problem. It keeps me awake rather than letting me sleep. I've used the Kroger brand before and that's always been okay. This one is from HEB.

Soni, so glad that you had a fun phone call from your brothers yesterday.

Suzy, What did you get at the stamp show???? You couldn't have gone and not brought something home.

I got a lot done yesterday. Not all that I expected, but a lot of household stuff. Today I have church and then a Presidency meeting. My home teachers are also supposed to come by later, so I guess I"ll be busy until about 6. Then I really have to work on some cards. I did finish one up - well almost. I need to add some embellishment to it, but not sure what yet.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2012, 04:10 AM   #9774
First To Quack

Quote:
I have a bookcase on my front porch (yep Soni, now I have a front porch and it's about 30ft long) and I want to bring it into my kitchen for storage. Thinking about fixing a curtain rod to it and making a simple drape curtain to keep the stuff dust free. Want to put my crock-pots and canisters in it. Speaking of drape curtains, Soni did you ever get those curtains done for Krista?
I like how that sounds Surprisingly not havin kitchen cuboard doors has not bothered me at all, ya might not need the drapes if you can keep it all neat. I do love a front porch, that is the only thing our new house does not have but I guess we'll have the back area.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 04:15 AM   #9775
First To Quack

well, I had another post all wrote but I lost it I'll be back later to chat more.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 06:22 AM   #9776
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I like how that sounds Surprisingly not havin kitchen cuboard doors has not bothered me at all, ya might not need the drapes if you can keep it all neat. I do love a front porch, that is the only thing our new house does not have but I guess we'll have the back area.
Yes front porches are great. I have this small recessed area here but it is still a great place to sit and watch the sun come up , or watch the kids or animals play ...

Sorry you will not have one Dody... Enjoy the area out back tho : )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 06:26 AM   #9777
Mini Quack

I had another night of not being able to fall asleep, not sure why. I was tired, so I closed my book shut off the TV and then I was wide awake... It took like what seemed forever... So of course I slept in and now my schedule for today will need to be adjusted

Good Morning, it is sunny and temps climbing back up to mid 90's today. We did not get near the rain we were supposed to ... I was hoping for 2 days on non stop rain... Just so I could stay in side and watch it ... Looks like 97 tomorrow and 98 Tuesday... : (

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 06:41 AM   #9778
First To Quack

Quote:
Yes front porches are great. I have this small recessed area here but it is still a great place to sit and watch the sun come up , or watch the kids or animals play ...

hmmm, well we will have a small recessed area as well. Room for only 1 chair tho. The yards are extremely small around here. We are in the 'big lot' area with a lot thats 82x124, lol!!!! That suits us great, our yard will be mostly pool & flowers...very little to mow.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 06:42 AM   #9779
First To Quack

Soni, have you read anything by Sheryl Woods? She is a lot like Robyn Carr. I am reading 1xday of hers right now.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 07:27 AM   #9780
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good morning Quackers.

I've really been having a hard time sleeping through the night lately. I changed my Benadryl at night to a generic brand and I think that's the problem. It keeps me awake rather than letting me sleep. I've used the Kroger brand before and that's always been okay. This one is from HEB.

Soni, so glad that you had a fun phone call from your brothers yesterday.

Suzy, What did you get at the stamp show???? You couldn't have gone and not brought something home.

I got a lot done yesterday. Not all that I expected, but a lot of household stuff. Today I have church and then a Presidency meeting. My home teachers are also supposed to come by later, so I guess I"ll be busy until about 6. Then I really have to work on some cards. I did finish one up - well almost. I need to add some embellishment to it, but not sure what yet.
I did find a few things. There is a company called Morning Star....I believe. Anyway, they had a cute snowman....that I had to have. You know me and snowmen! Then there was a SU demo....found a few old sets. They called to me....but, most of the current ones just didn't make it to my bag!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:29 AM   #9781
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

We went looking for some books yesterday after I got home. Not for me!! I have plenty. I did find one of the current ones from the Sneaky Pie mystery series. All I need is the 20th anniversary one that came out this year. I'm set otherwise!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:30 AM   #9782
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Alright...I need to get some things done around here. My list is growing!!! Need to go to the store and pick up a few items. Those things that you thought you had....but, don't!
Old 07-15-2012, 07:59 AM   #9783
Mini Quack

Quote:
hmmm, well we will have a small recessed area as well. Room for only 1 chair tho. The yards are extremely small around here. We are in the 'big lot' area with a lot thats 82x124, lol!!!! That suits us great, our yard will be mostly pool & flowers...very little to mow.
sounds perfect...leaves more time to go have fun or sit and enjoy it

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 08:02 AM   #9784
Mini Quack

Quote:
Soni, have you read anything by Sheryl Woods? She is a lot like Robyn Carr. I am reading 1xday of hers right now.
Yes I have, not a lot tho...it may have been like a Christmas one?? I do not remember...but I will look for more

have you read Antionette Stockenbridge ...I think that is right?? some of hers look good and only 99 cents for the Noon

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 08:04 AM   #9785
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
I did find a few things. There is a company called Morning Star....I believe. Anyway, they had a cute snowman....that I had to have. You know me and snowmen! Then there was a SU demo....found a few old sets. They called to me....but, most of the current ones just didn't make it to my bag!
I am hoping that Sue and I get to go in Aug... the only thing that would keep me would be getting to go meet Bill in Tenn or Donnie and sue coming here...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 08:07 AM   #9786
Mini Quack

As hot as it is, I am off to run errands...the next two days will be even hotter... and I need my meds, the kitties need food and so does Miss Daisy... so I want to do some "just looking" at a couple of places too .... I cannot find my Quesa dea maker... I wonder if I threw it out...it had a crack??? so I may get a new one ...Love to make those easy, fast and yummy too and Ali likes them too

so see you all later...have a great day Smile and remember to say thank you for all you have try going one day with out asking for anything...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 10:17 AM   #9787
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

I have a front porch, but never use it. I'd much rather sit in the back yard. With the huge mosquitoes we have down here, I don't like to sit outside very much at all in either place. I know it's going to be bad after all this rain we've had. Just had another storm shower pass over us. Luckily, it's done for now. I need to go back out soon to my meeting and don't want to have to travel in the rain.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2012, 10:21 AM   #9788
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
We went looking for some books yesterday after I got home. Not for me!! I have plenty. I did find one of the current ones from the Sneaky Pie mystery series. All I need is the 20th anniversary one that came out this year. I'm set otherwise!
Which one are you looking for? I thought I gave all of them to you. I do still have one that I had not read and forgot I had when I brought you the rest of them. It is "Hiss of Death." So if that's one you're missing, don't buy it. I"m going to send it to you.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-15-2012, 10:22 AM   #9789
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I was thinking the drape might help with keeping the dog hair off the items and also help hide some of the stuff. Just to make it look neat. I love my front porch, unfortunately right now it is packed to the window sills. I am hoping that by next summer it will be just the way I want it, with chairs, tables and lamps for a nice relaxing place. Of course I'll rig up something so the girls can look out the window too.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:40 AM   #9790
Total Quack

Hi there.

Good day in church today. Kevin was talking about David and showed a clip from Veggie Tales. Too funny.

Jonah isn't feeling well, so he stayed home.

I'm going to be a bit lazy today. I need to work out but will do that after supper, I think.

I hope everyone is having a great day.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #9791
Total Quack

Dody - did ya'll finally get all the permits?

Old 07-15-2012, 10:41 AM   #9792
Total Quack

Sonja - glad you heard from and had some fun with your brothers.

Old 07-15-2012, 10:55 AM   #9793
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I have a front porch, but never use it. I'd much rather sit in the back yard. With the huge mosquitoes we have down here, I don't like to sit outside very much at all in either place. I know it's going to be bad after all this rain we've had. Just had another storm shower pass over us. Luckily, it's done for now. I need to go back out soon to my meeting and don't want to have to travel in the rain.
There's no way I could ever sit outside, the mosquitoes would carry me away. Living within 1 mile of a river and lots of backwater swampy areas just means tons of the little buggers.

My porch is completely enclosed and has combination storm windows - so I am able to raise the storm windows and get a nice breeze. Not this summer, can't even get close to the windows. Hoping for maybe some time this next weekend to re-position some of the boxes to at least clear a space for a chair and table. But first I'd want to give the dogs a place to look out.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 07-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #9794
First To Quack

Quote:
We have been outside wayyy more here than we ever were in Ga. I know it is the screening....love it! We had a big storm pop up here too. Happy to get it because the pool was getting low & we are not sure how tro fill it (or want to ay the $$$)

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #9795
First To Quack

Quote:
Yes I have, not a lot tho...it may have been like a Christmas one?? I do not remember...but I will look for more

have you read Antionette Stockenbridge ...I think that is right?? some of hers look good and only 99 cents for the Noon
no, I haven't...let me know if you like her. This library here is sooo small I was spoiled in Ga with all the new releases & vast selection. I sure hope Mt Dora is better.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #9796
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Dody - did ya'll finally get all the permits?
no! it will be 7 weeks on tuesday too, soon...i guess.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 11:47 AM   #9797
First To Quack

I made a pinterest recipe today! I tried the lemon bars with just angel food cake mix & lemon pie filling. Very easy, smells great, I'll let ya know!!! I have to start trying these recipes & not just pinning them!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 07-15-2012, 01:35 PM   #9798
Total Quack

Quote:
no! it will be 7 weeks on tuesday too, soon...i guess.

Oh my word!! I'm SO sorry. Surely that will happen SOON!!

Old 07-15-2012, 02:10 PM   #9799
Mini Quack

Well I think the only thing I did not get that I was wanting was a Quesa Dea maker...the one at Target was quite small, Walmart did not have any...thought that was odd... I am going to look on line at Kmart and JCPenny's too Tammy is checking Kohls.... My old one was good size , I used burrito size tortillas and there was still room

Yes it is hot...

I just took a half of a chicken breast and diced it up for chicken bar be que...I am going to make me a grilled sandwich... like pulled pork, but with chicken

I am too tired to cook tonight ... I only did 4 stores, and 2 were in and out... but Walmart took forever as usual !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 07-15-2012, 02:22 PM   #9800
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I made a pinterest recipe today! I tried the lemon bars with just angel food cake mix & lemon pie filling. Very easy, smells great, I'll let ya know!!! I have to start trying these recipes & not just pinning them!
Oh, I think I pinned that they other day. Sounded really good. I made a banana bread today using applesauce and honey. Turned out so moist and yummy. I did add some dark chocolate chunks to it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts