Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6821Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 01:48 PM   #9521
Stazon Splitcoast

Since there have been questions concerning the 'virus' thing... Here are the 2 links I followed from Yahoo.
This one gives you details about what it is.

Then I went to the FBI link to check my computer.

Checking is easy. I'm okay. But if you are not clear, then there are steps you can follow to fix.

I used THIS link from the FBI site. Just click on it and it will tell you in a couple seconds if you're okay.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-08-2012, 01:53 PM   #9522
Stazon Splitcoast

Shut down yesterday and never got a drop of rain. In fact, the sun came out and it was hot and humid the rest of the afternoon. But I never plugged the computer back in. I got the first 4 episodes of the new Dallas watched so I'm caught up for this week.

Springfield (2 hours West of me) got hit pretty hard though. It didn't last long but when it came through, it sent the rain sideways, took down trees and over 2000 homes were still without power as of 6 p.m. last night.

It's thundering and clouding up here now but I'm not getting in a hurry to jump off of here. Killing time while I have jars of peaches in the canner. I have one more canner full after this one beeps.
Old 07-08-2012, 01:55 PM   #9523
Stazon Splitcoast

I didn't get any cards made yesterday. I did get my work space all cleared off and couple things printed. Then came up stairs to eat and never went back hehe.

Today it's been all about peaches. I've been at it since 10:30 this morning. I have 21 pints of peaches, 2 qts of peach syrup and enough peaches left over for a small cobbler.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:25 PM   #9524
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Hi Sue, So sorry that things still have not smoothed out for you. The grieving process does take some time and it's expected that you'll have tears for awhile.

Do they have a "no fault" divorce there where one can file and the other signs a Waiver of Service. That way he can just file, you wait 60 days and then file the Decree. Sounds like you've already split up the property so that shouldn't be a problem.

Sorry about the brothers. Have you discussed it with them. Gotten a total for the expenses and then requested that they help? If you haven't discussed it, maybe you should and not just wait for them to offer.

the final bills have not been received yet. but there are some old family issues. My mother gave my two older half-brothers up for adoption to her brother and wife (my aunt & uncle) when there were about 4 & 6yrs old.
There was no secret in the family about who their parents were - it's just that my Dad wasn't exactly a good step-parent. Anyway, long story short, my two older half-brothers (and I have never used that term before) elected to be listed as nephews (due to the adoption) instead of sons. So that basically indicated that they felt no financial responsibility for the funeral expenses. My younger brother(full brother) - knows that there isn't enough insurance to cover the expenses. He never contributed toward our Dad's funeral either.

Wisconsin is a "no fault" state. I've decided that because Larry had been repeatedly threatening to file for divorce for the last 5yrs and because he ordered me out of the house, he can just pay for the divorce. Why should I try to get the $2,000 to $3,000 to pay for the divorce. Maybe this will determine if he is capable for being an adult and accepting responsibility for his own actions.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 07-08-2012, 02:39 PM   #9525
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
The back yard is pretty large I think by my standards and no, I don't think that it stops any breezes. The wind has plenty of opportunity to come up and over that fence. The attached photo can give you a little idea of how large the yard is. It's taken from over in the corner by the gate across the yard.
that is a good sized yard. I was just wondering about the fencing because I had heard of people losing any cross breezes, but maybe their yards are much smaller.

I would love to have that kind of fence, then my girl's could be outside more. But it would be costly to fence in my yard - the lot measures 100ft x 300ft.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:44 PM   #9526
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Went to pull the FBI link for the virus thing and saw that Earnest Borgnine has passed away.
I was sad to hear that news. He was a great actor.

Here's the link to check for that virus.

DCWG | DNS Changer Working Group
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 07-08-2012, 02:47 PM   #9527
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Went to pull the FBI link for the virus thing and saw that Earnest Borgnine has passed away.

oh no, that makes two of my favorite actors in the same week. Andy Griffith & Ernest Borgnine. Their tv shows were so enjoyable.

Old 07-08-2012, 02:52 PM   #9528
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Hey Sue...

Maggie and Soni have offered great advice and I'm sending my hugs with theirs.
I'm going to try to be more positive with my feelings. I was really surprised today when I was working that I actually could see that I was making a "dent" in the things that need to be moved out the door.

I will probably be parting with some stamps sets too. When I get the list together, I'll post it here before I do eBay.

Lois, I already looked, I don't have the set you're looking for.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:00 PM   #9529
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
It has been a grandma house day all day and again tonight Ali plays at 8:00 am so the boys are here and so is Brooke

Brooke and I joined some friends for supper up in Williamsfield, I had a very yummy burger... Brooked liked her porkchop sandwich too ...My friend Larry checked the radiator, it was just a smidge low, so I followed them home so he could add some ...

I think we will be at home most of the day tomorrow... another 101 day... So I will be happy to be inside...

Kel, sounds like you have some new memories to add to your "grandma " memory bank and thanks for stopping in at my blog
Shell, hope you tell us what your family fun day is all about...
Dody, that water looks beautiful... what a dream come true for you...

Maggie thanks for the nice words on my blog, and I love all of the new outdoor furniture...good job on putting it together... : )

Mark planned our day. It revolved around our cruise. He had pictures and videos from our last cruise and ways to plan for our next one. It was a good day, and I'm glad he did it. He also grilled out again. Yummmmmy salmon and asparagus.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:07 PM   #9530
Total Quack

Quote:
Kel, maybe as Miss A grows up she will understand living in an apartment , and that will make her trips to your house even more special : )

I know I always tried to keep different toys at my house and do different things so they all would want to come spend time with us ...
Just the other day Cody asked if we could go to Washburn one day to play at the park, and just walk around like we used to...and stop in at Miss Lisa's

so they do remember it all

That's precious that he remembers and wants to continue that memory.

That's one of my goals ... to make memories (MANY memories) with my kids.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:12 PM   #9531
Total Quack

Quote:
I've been getting little things done around the house this morning. I got a load of laundry on the line, cleaned the kennels before the rain moves in this afternoon and watched a couple of my episodes of the new Dallas on the DVR. I thought I'd get a couple things done on here while I watch some of the America's Got Talent on the DVR. Then I'm headed downstairs for the rest of the day.

I hope you're enjoying it more than I am. It bores me ... very predictable.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:17 PM   #9532
Total Quack

Quote:
It won't happen

I did my crying in bed before she woke up. I was determined not to cry in front of her because she normally cries so hard. I don't know if she cried on the way home yesterday. I was afraid to ask. But she didn't cry when I put her in the van so that was a step in the right direction.

I'm not a grandma yet, but when we take Jared to the airport, I'm ok ... until Jaydin cries. Her sweet, silent, crocodile tears just crush me. I don't see that ever changing.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #9533
Total Quack

Quote:
Maggie I am having some issues with Firefox too, things that used to play nicely are not any more and other issues too, it interfers with my online banking to a point, I have to do all of the security questions to get in each time, due to Firefox and the firewall with that site... not major but frustrating... I am considering trying Chrome... not sure yet...I hear it is better that it was in the beginning...

I am hoping Randy might feel up to coming up and taking a day to look at my computer and making a few changes...pretty soon... he is concerned he needs to see it before Monday due to something with an issue with spyware, and if not caught before Monday, I will not be able to connect to the internet...

So if you all do not see me here on Monday, you all know why

There is a website you can go to that will check it for you ....Here - DNS Changer Check-Up - Clean

That will tell you if you need to worry about it.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #9534
Total Quack

Quote:
I heard them talking about that issue with the spyware on NPR the other day and on TV. I think as long as you have an anti-virus and spyware program on your computer, you should be okay because it would have been caught and won't cause you any problems.

I think my problem is some kind of interface is not working when I have WordPerfect open at the same time as Firefox. I'm also not so thrilled with this latest upgrade.

I"m off to put a few cards on my blog and get them posted to The Outlawz.
I have issue with the upgrade. I can't run Firefox at all now. It locks the computer up every time - regardless of what else I'm running.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:29 PM   #9535
Total Quack

Quote:
ok here is Brooke's project Her Aunt Janelle, her dads sister has recently been diagnosed with breast cancer ...

That's so very cool. She did a wonderful job with it.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #9536
Total Quack

Quote:
my cake and my grands at fireworks and Ali and her botfriend : )

What a great cake!! Love it.

Good picture of the kids.

Wow .... she's really growing up too fast.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 03:34 PM   #9537
Total Quack

Quote:
and ...

Great pictures all the way around!! Love 'em. She's such a cutie patooty.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #9538
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Hi all....yes, we did fireworks on the 4th in Palestine, TX. The show went well...and clean up went smoothly. Was in bed by 2am.

I haven't been on much....we lost one of our kitties a week ago. So, I just haven't felt like being on. I figured I just wouldn't be much company to y'all. I know it will just take some time to adjust to having just two.

Night all....

I'm so sorry about your kitty. Hugs for you.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #9539
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
Hi - can I stop in to chat?

Trying to sort through things and taking a break. Slow going because I have to look through everything. I try to put any personal information through the shredder and then mix the shreds in with the puppy pads. How's that for caution?

Davina took me out for supper last night for my birthday. I had ribeye. Have enough leftover for supper tonight.

I'm trying to stay upbeat, but it's really hard. I have so much stress right now and I find myself bursting into tears for the stupidest reasons.

I made a big decision yesterday. I told Larry to go ahead and file.He's the one that wants the divorce, let him pay for it.

I can't afford to hire an attorney right now, I have the funeral to pay for - my brothers never offered a dime, not even to help pay for the flower arrangement.

I'm going to back and read to see what I missed in the last 5wks.

Oh, Sue. I'm sorry. Hugs and prayers for you.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 04:45 PM   #9540
Total Quack

Quote:
I also have some news. I've played along a couple of times with the Gingerloft Challenge and this last time they were having a DT call, so I applied, and guess what!!!!!!!!! I was invited to be on their Design Team. They only have 2 projects a month, so that is good and they are also due on a Sunday which is also good so it won't interfere with my PSC work or the day of the challenge. Here is a link to their blog. GingerloftChallenge

Congratulations! I've played Gingerloft a number of times. Enjoy.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 04:51 PM   #9541
Total Quack

Quote:
Shut down yesterday and never got a drop of rain. In fact, the sun came out and it was hot and humid the rest of the afternoon. But I never plugged the computer back in. I got the first 4 episodes of the new Dallas watched so I'm caught up for this week.

Springfield (2 hours West of me) got hit pretty hard though. It didn't last long but when it came through, it sent the rain sideways, took down trees and over 2000 homes were still without power as of 6 p.m. last night.

It's thundering and clouding up here now but I'm not getting in a hurry to jump off of here. Killing time while I have jars of peaches in the canner. I have one more canner full after this one beeps.

We got a surprise shower yesterday around 3, I guess. It's suppose to rain a fair amount this week .... of course it is - we have camp all week.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 04:56 PM   #9542
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Mark planned our day. It revolved around our cruise. He had pictures and videos from our last cruise and ways to plan for our next one. It was a good day, and I'm glad he did it. He also grilled out again. Yummmmmy salmon and asparagus.
My favorite meal and you never invite me.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 04:59 PM   #9543
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I have issue with the upgrade. I can't run Firefox at all now. It locks the computer up every time - regardless of what else I'm running.
I've been wondering if it was Firefox or my ATT e-mail program. It's so sporadic that I really can't get a handle on what is causing the problem. I'm going to have to try using Word instead of WP and see if that makes a difference, but earlier today it was doing that and I just had the browzer open. Tonight it's working fine. Go figure.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:00 PM   #9544
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Congratulations! I've played Gingerloft a number of times. Enjoy.
Thanks! I hope it will be a fun time. If not, then I'll drop out. I really thought they would have me be a Guest first, but nope, I'm right there on the DT. My first posting will be on July 22 since they only do 2x a month and it's on a Sunday so it doesn't interfere with my other commitments.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:06 PM   #9545
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Kel, maybe as Miss A grows up she will understand living in an apartment , and that will make her trips to your house even more special : )

I know I always tried to keep different toys at my house and do different things so they all would want to come spend time with us ...
Just the other day Cody asked if we could go to Washburn one day to play at the park, and just walk around like we used to...and stop in at Miss Lisa's

so they do remember it all
I just have some games now at my house for when the grands come over. They have outgrown "toys" at least the inexpensive ones. Now they have their electronics that they are tied to.

That's sweet that Cody wants to go back to the other place and visit. I hope you get to take him them soon.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #9546
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
LOL! Actually it's a paddle board, the same size as a surf board but ya just paddle around the calmer part of the ocean. Heeeheehee, I never got that far! I was proud to get up & stand awhile and then....splat! Stef rode it for hours! Bud was great too, Justin could do it but was bored after a bit, Chris wouldn't try it, Alyssa rode sitting while Stef paddled. I-am-not-athletic, no way!
LOL! I'm not either. The closest I get to surfing is body surfing! I an so uncoordinated; I'm sure I could never balance myself on a board like that. I tried water skiing once with I was a teen and my dad had his boat. Wiped out from the first and never could get myself up on those darn things.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 PM   #9547
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We are, Dody. Though I think Soni gives me a good run. LOL!

Sue called on her way home from work yesterday. We were still on the phone when she got in the door so I got to talk to Adrian. We did say the I Love You and goodbyes. Then the phone rang again. I heard Adrian telling mommy she had to call me back to say I Love You and Goodbye. LOL Too funny.
That's sweet. None of my DGC have ever liked talking on the phone, so I don't chat with them much like that unless I call the mom and they happen to answer the phone.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:10 PM   #9548
Total Quack

Quote:
My favorite meal and you never invite me.

Come on over!! The salmon Mark fixed yesterday was his best yet. Just perfect. I used a new marinade on it, too. Wow .... it was so good.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 05:11 PM   #9549
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Sue has discovered Whole Foods. She called yesterday to say since they'll be going every Sunday for fresh produce for the week, they've found something they think Adrian will enjoy. They have live entertainment during their brunch in the Juice Bar on Sunday mornings.
Love Whole Foods. How fun is that with the live entertainment. We don't have that at ours. But, of course, I don't shop on Sunday, so I guess I wouldn't know if they did or not, but I guess they would advertise it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:12 PM   #9550
Total Quack

Quote:
I've been wondering if it was Firefox or my ATT e-mail program. It's so sporadic that I really can't get a handle on what is causing the problem. I'm going to have to try using Word instead of WP and see if that makes a difference, but earlier today it was doing that and I just had the browzer open. Tonight it's working fine. Go figure.

Really ... I'm betting it's Firefox. That update killed me.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 05:14 PM   #9551
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Come on over!! The salmon Mark fixed yesterday was his best yet. Just perfect. I used a new marinade on it, too. Wow .... it was so good.
What did you use on it???

I think my boss may be a little disappointed in the new Deli in our building. The last time I had free lunch I got their Hightower House salad with salmon. They bake theirs and not grill it. He asked me how it was, and I told him it wasn't as good as usual and a little on the dry side. He told me that the last time he had gotten it, he didn't eat it, but his wife did and she said the same thing - wasn't as good as Post Oak Grill, but they grill theirs and it's soooooooo yummy. He asked me to check on the cost of ordering from both places, so we may be going back to POG for mediation lunches. I'll be happy with that. Their food is awesome. It's nice having a Deli close by for when I forget my lunch, but I'd rather not order from them all the time.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:17 PM   #9552
Total Quack

Quote:
What did you use on it???

I think my boss may be a little disappointed in the new Deli in our building. The last time I had free lunch I got their Hightower House salad with salmon. They bake theirs and not grill it. He asked me how it was, and I told him it wasn't as good as usual and a little on the dry side. He told me that the last time he had gotten it, he didn't eat it, but his wife did and she said the same thing - wasn't as good as Post Oak Grill, but they grill theirs and it's soooooooo yummy. He asked me to check on the cost of ordering from both places, so we may be going back to POG for mediation lunches. I'll be happy with that. Their food is awesome. It's nice having a Deli close by for when I forget my lunch, but I'd rather not order from them all the time.

Ummmm .... I have a recipe, but didn't have everything to do it, so I improvised. I don't remember all of it, but lemon juice, lemon zest, brown sugar, salt, olive oil ..... not sure what else.

Photography Site

Old 07-08-2012, 05:18 PM   #9553
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've been getting little things done around the house this morning. I got a load of laundry on the line, cleaned the kennels before the rain moves in this afternoon and watched a couple of my episodes of the new Dallas on the DVR. I thought I'd get a couple things done on here while I watch some of the America's Got Talent on the DVR. Then I'm headed downstairs for the rest of the day.
I've watched it, but I'm not real crazy about it. I think they've only had 3 episodes so far.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:20 PM   #9554
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It won't happen

I did my crying in bed before she woke up. I was determined not to cry in front of her because she normally cries so hard. I don't know if she cried on the way home yesterday. I was afraid to ask. But she didn't cry when I put her in the van so that was a step in the right direction.
I hate to cry. I do get teary eyed sometimes, but I can't remember the last time I had a really good cry. I hate the red eyes and getting all stuffed up. Ugh! I think it would be tough not too if the baby was crying. I'm glad she was okay when she got ready to go.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM   #9555
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Randy said the spy ware protection might not be enough, they have an anidote published, and that would be helpful to get it taken care of ...but it needs to be taken care of before Monday... I do not know anything about it, he is the one that has all of that on here...

I cannot use word...so I do not have that problem... I will be so happy when I can use Microsoft word and works again... but that will not happen until I either put windows 7 on here or get a new computer ... or run XP again( but my start up disc is missing ) ...none of it will happen til I get pictures off of here...
Whenever I find my money tree producing , well maybe I can get a new one lol
I hope you just use the website that a couple of us have posted, then you can see whether or not your computer is infected. They said on TV tonight that only about 50,000 computers in the US are infected. This has been going on for awhile and what they are doing is shutting down the server that they've been using as a work around, so those who have the virus will be infected. I tested mine, and it is okay.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:26 PM   #9556
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
the wasps are heavy this year... not sure why...maybe because of the light winter ??? but I spray daily...they are getting in the breezeway, I have only had 2 in the house but that was 2 too many
I have not had any in my house so far this year. <knock on wood>
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #9557
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
That's FABULOUS, Maggie! You're really padding your resume for retirement.
Thanks Kelly. I think I'll just stick with these 3 that I have now. Since Gingerloft is mostly digital, I thought it would be a fun challenge to take part in. The owner and her sister draw all the images that they use.

Wish that retirement was coming sooner than later. In fact, I got another e-mail from Archivers about positions open at their Katy, TX store. I was so tempted to send in an app, but I'm not ready to do that yet. I hope they send me one when I am ready.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:39 PM   #9558
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I didn't get any cards made yesterday. I did get my work space all cleared off and couple things printed. Then came up stairs to eat and never went back hehe.

Today it's been all about peaches. I've been at it since 10:30 this morning. I have 21 pints of peaches, 2 qts of peach syrup and enough peaches left over for a small cobbler.
Sounds yummy. I love good peaches. Seems to me most of the ones I buy in our grocery stores are "mealy" and not juicy and sweet.

I got my card done for PSC today. It has a sketch for it and I really find that hard to do. I usually like to have my image and sentiment and then look for a sketch. I hate doing the other way around - having a sketch and finding something to go with it, but this one turned out pretty well I think. It's not as cluttered as some of my cards, but I like it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #9559
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
that is a good sized yard. I was just wondering about the fencing because I had heard of people losing any cross breezes, but maybe their yards are much smaller.

I would love to have that kind of fence, then my girl's could be outside more. But it would be costly to fence in my yard - the lot measures 100ft x 300ft.
I think I got a good deal on my fence. One of the girls at work actually called the same company to do a fence for her yard and it was way more expensive than what he charged me, and I don't think her yard was that much bigger than mine. Oh, well. I love my fence.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 07-08-2012, 05:45 PM   #9560
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We got a surprise shower yesterday around 3, I guess. It's suppose to rain a fair amount this week .... of course it is - we have camp all week.
We had a really good downpour this afternoon - even caused some flooding on the streets that I take home from church, but I made it okay. Was glad that I at least made it into my car before it started. Yes, we're supposed to have rain/storms through Wednesday. They say that there is a freaky July cool front coming down and it's supposed to stall out over us and stick around a couple of days.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts