Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7777Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2012, 05:22 AM   #8081
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
And we are home from the game... Those little ones have so much fun, Dustin made 2 runs that I know of... Miss Daisy needed to walk a coup;e of times lol

I just put pics on facebook of Daisy,

so here are a couple for you all too so do you notice any thing different ? : )
Daisy sure looks different! More like a lhasa!!! I didn't put the ponies so high up though. I bet you are lovin' her new look!

Cards from the Cabana
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 06-01-2012, 05:23 AM   #8082
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I just check my order status for my garden bench. It was supposed to be delivered tomorrow, but apparently they tried to deliver it tonight. The tracking status says they came at 6:08 PM, but I was home then and they didn't come here. I didn't leave the house until 6:50 and got home about 7:50. Went to see Harper's mommy. We had a nice visit.

So called Fed Ex when I got home and found out what happened. They are going to deliver it tomorrow and I told them to deliver without having me sign for it because I'm not taking off the whole day to wait for them to come. He asked me if I had a preference where they should leave it. I told him it would be great if they left it in the back yard. That way I won't have to drag it out there. This package is 70 lbs.
That's pretty exciting! I hope you post pictures when you get it settled.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 06-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #8083
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
My cutting table is actually a kitchen island I designed about 25 years ago from a picture in a magazine I saw. It is 2' across and 6' long. Then there are 1' leafs on either of the 2 long sides and (2) 2' square leafs - one for each end. One side of the island is open for storage below. The top shelf is open and goes the full 6' length then the bottom 2/3rds is divided into 3 cubbies with doors. It rolls on big industrial casters.

I designed it as our dining room table when we first lived in an old farm house with a 15' long/ narrow kitchen. We could put the leaves up and comfortably seat 10 people - 14 if we needed to.

I now use it as my cutting table. I can open the 2 long leafs to expand my cutting surface and we've turned one of the end leafs into a pressing board - covering it with batting and ironing board fabric.
That sounds amazing. I just use the cutting table from JoAnns. I got it about 15 years ago & it still works for me. I like that I can fold it small enough to fit in a closet if needed or put one side up or both. The ones they have now have storage under...that would be a plus!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #8084
First To Quack

We went up to visit the lot again yesterday & saw our new neighbors. They seem like nice people. They are retired (doctor) & I heard that our soon to be next door neighbor is our age too with a middle school grandson. Plus the lady who wrote up our contract is turning into a good friend too. She is a doll (our age) and so helpful & fun. I think we'll see more of her as time goes on. I am thrilled to think we will have friends & nice neighbors here. Our old neighborhood was full of working parents...no social interaction at all.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 06-01-2012, 05:34 AM   #8085
First To Quack

Floors to mop, things to clean...oh joy! ttyl!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 06-01-2012, 06:17 AM   #8086
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
good mornin

Looks like a rainy yucky day here. I want to work on the monthly challenge and maybe in the basement some today. Not sure what the rain will do to the ballgame schedule tonight. If all stays as scheduled Cody has a home game and Ali has a double header about 45 minutes from here.
I had a little bit of rain at my house yesterday; not enough to keep me from having to water those azaleas though.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Old 06-01-2012, 06:20 AM   #8087
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Hi there. I am too tired to catch up tonight. I didn't sleep well last night. I had too much caffeine and the house was hot again. It's hot tonight, as well, and I really want to pile into the bed and crash. We have our annual group meeting tomorrow, so that should be interesting.

The play was ..... fun .... tonight. Hahaha. It had some very "special" moments (read .... major issues), but the girls we went to see did a good job in their roles.

My niece, Angie, was with us all day, and that was very fun. And, today, was my first time cantering on the horse. SUPER fun.
Is your A/C not working??? I can't stand it when it's hot in the house and I'm trying to sleep. Even with the ceiling fan going, it's uncomfortable.

Glad the play went well for the girls and t hey did a good job.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-01-2012, 06:28 AM   #8088
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
My cutting table is actually a kitchen island I designed about 25 years ago from a picture in a magazine I saw. It is 2' across and 6' long. Then there are 1' leafs on either of the 2 long sides and (2) 2' square leafs - one for each end. One side of the island is open for storage below. The top shelf is open and goes the full 6' length then the bottom 2/3rds is divided into 3 cubbies with doors. It rolls on big industrial casters.

I designed it as our dining room table when we first lived in an old farm house with a 15' long/ narrow kitchen. We could put the leaves up and comfortably seat 10 people - 14 if we needed to.

I now use it as my cutting table. I can open the 2 long leafs to expand my cutting surface and we've turned one of the end leafs into a pressing board - covering it with batting and ironing board fabric.
that sounds like a fabulous piece of furniture. Very practical and very useful.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-01-2012, 06:31 AM   #8089
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
It is super late, but I shut the tv off and finished my book...

It is 48 degrees at midnight brrr only expecting to get in the high 60's tomorrow...

I did get 3 cards put in my gallery tonight too, bust crafting day for me

Saturday is Mama Sues birthday, so I need to get a card made, I am going to Washington early Sat morning to join her , we are going to a craft show at a local festival, it has been a very long time since we have done that...I sure do miss Old Fashion Sunday In the Park...that is how we used to celebrate her day

I want to make a couple of scrap book pages for her too, she is always behind, like me...and she spends a lot of birthdays and holidays with us, so I think it will be a good idea...

Ok I am off to bed now ,I am sure morning will be here before I am ready for it ... good night all
You've been very busy lately with your crafting.

Sounds like Saturday is going to be a fun day for you and Mama Sue.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-01-2012, 06:33 AM   #8090
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
We went up to visit the lot again yesterday & saw our new neighbors. They seem like nice people. They are retired (doctor) & I heard that our soon to be next door neighbor is our age too with a middle school grandson. Plus the lady who wrote up our contract is turning into a good friend too. She is a doll (our age) and so helpful & fun. I think we'll see more of her as time goes on. I am thrilled to think we will have friends & nice neighbors here. Our old neighborhood was full of working parents...no social interaction at all.
Well, you are in Florida now - lots of the retired folks down there. Glad that you are meeting neighbors and making friends already. Makes the transition so much better.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #8091
Quacker Stamper

I had a busy phone night last night. My DD in CA called to chat. I had seen earlier on FB that my DGD tried out for choir yesterday at her new school and she made it into the "middle" choir. Not sure what that is, but it's not beginner's. She hasn't ever been in choir, but did take voice lessons this last year. My DD was so happy and hopes that this helps her make the school transition for her Sophomore year. And their choir trip next year is to New York City and they will be singing in Carnegie Hall! I'm so excited for her. I told my DD that if they do that, I would love to go to NYC and see/hear her perform. She's not sure how that works - whether people will be invited or if it's to a special group. I can't imagine such a big deal and not having family/friends there. So I guess we'll see about that.

I also had to call a new lady in our Ward to spotlight her for our June Newsletter. One part of my job that I like doing - getting to talk to various sisters and hearing their stories. She and her DH have only been married for about 3 months - so they are still newlyweds.

I worked on another card for DTC submission and started coloring a third image. Not sure if that one is going there also or to another online publication. We'll see. But I was up late again. Alarm went off at 5:30 this morning and I was so tired. I turned it off and decided I didn't care if I was late so I went back to bed for another hour. I still got up and got everything done that I needed to do and got here about the same time as usual.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 06-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #8092
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
well I think she is dealing with the pig tails well, I am sure it has to feel different, maybe more tugging... Krista made her bows, and put them in, so she is ok with that~ she has really gotten close to Krista, it is like Krista is filling her void... and K spoils her just like Wally did...go figure
Yeah... she is her father's daughter.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:02 AM   #8093
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I hope she can get past this fairly soon, I know my nasal issues are getting bothersome again...
Yeah mine is at it this morning. I woke up about 5 with a sore throat. It seems to have diminished. Other than the sore throat and the thought I could take advantage of the extra rest, I felt like getting up and doing something then. Goddess finally discouraged any rest about 8.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:07 AM   #8094
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
That sounds amazing. I just use the cutting table from JoAnns. I got it about 15 years ago & it still works for me. I like that I can fold it small enough to fit in a closet if needed or put one side up or both. The ones they have now have storage under...that would be a plus!
I'll bet yours is lighter weight LOL and easier to move. Bob told me when we moved to make sure I knew where this was going, because it wasn't going to get relocated. I chose the basement as there really wasn't any place up here for it. I haven't told him it will need to go into the addition LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 07:09 AM   #8095
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Welcome to retirement LOL
Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #8096
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Daisy sure looks different! More like a lhasa!!! I didn't put the ponies so high up though. I bet you are lovin' her new look!
I saw a Shih Tzu last month that was about twice her size, and she had the piggie tail, her coat was cut longer like I keep Daisy usually ( about 2 inches all over ) she was the same coloring and was adorable... So I wanted to ret it...I think when Daisy grows out and id fluffy I will really like it and yes I usually put the top knot back farther, so I will try to see how these do back farther too... right now she has them " all a mess " her allergies are really bad so she rubbing her face and scratching her ears
Krista thinks they are cute... Ali does not like them
I think they are sweet myself... But I am a bit prejudice

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #8097
Stazon Splitcoast

Thought I'd check in while I talked to Bob. Adrian is still sleeping but I need to change that if we're to have a dry bed I think. Unless she got up in the middle of the night.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #8098
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I saw a Shih Tzu last month that was about twice her size, and she had the piggie tail, her coat was cut longer like I keep Daisy usually ( about 2 inches all over ) she was the same coloring and was adorable... So I wanted to ret it...I think when Daisy grows out and id fluffy I will really like it and yes I usually put the top knot back farther, so I will try to see how these do back farther too... right now she has them " all a mess " her allergies are really bad so she rubbing her face and scratching her ears
Krista thinks they are cute... Ali does not like them
I think they are sweet myself... But I am a bit prejudice
Did you ever try that Itchy Dog I told you about? It really made a difference for Lady. she was so much more comfortable.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:15 AM   #8099
Mini Quack

Quote:
hmmm I still have not gotten any thing... is the table marked or do you you still need the measuring mat on top of it ?

If it folded up that would be super ...
I need to go do some online looking

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 06-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #8100
Mini Quack

Quote:
That is wonderful Dody, I bet you will feel at home in your new surroundings...Nice people always help , and with all of the beauty , it is a win win dream come true ...

When are Steph and the kids coming down?? Is Chris coming too??

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 06-01-2012, 07:19 AM   #8101
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Quote:
Yeah... she is her father's daughter.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #8102

Good mornin quacks!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:22 AM   #8103
Mini Quack

Quote:
I'll bet yours is lighter weight LOL and easier to move. Bob told me when we moved to make sure I knew where this was going, because it wasn't going to get relocated. I chose the basement as there really wasn't any place up here for it. I haven't told him it will need to go into the addition LOL
I bet he has already figured that out ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 06-01-2012, 07:23 AM   #8104

Hanging out at the house til we head to Ali's softball tournament later this afternoon. Her team is hosting it, so we'll be at it a lot this weekend, either watching or working concessions, that kind of stuff.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:25 AM   #8105

I'm having issues with my blog and can't do a new post. It's driving me nuts. Both blogs are blogger, and both are doing the same thing. And I need to get them both updated. UGH! >
Old 06-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #8106
Mini Quack

Quote:
Did you ever try that Itchy Dog I told you about? It really made a difference for Lady. she was so much more comfortable.
No I could not locate it ... if you still have the info where you got it, I will try it ... So far she is finishing of some predisone, but she cannot stay on that very long... I hate to see her so uncomfortable

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 06-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #8107
First To Quack

Quote:
hmmm I still have not gotten any thing... is the table marked or do you you still need the measuring mat on top of it ?

If it folded up that would be super ...
I need to go do some online looking
you still need the mats, you would want it for protection anyway, right?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 06-01-2012, 08:15 AM   #8108
First To Quack

Quote:
That is wonderful Dody, I bet you will feel at home in your new surroundings...Nice people always help , and with all of the beauty , it is a win win dream come true ...

When are Steph and the kids coming down?? Is Chris coming too??
Stephanie will come down on Tuesday, Chris is working but they are taking a beach vacation in July at Cocoa Beach which is about 45 minutes from here. We'll pop down there to see them some (lots!)

Cards from the Cabana
Old 06-01-2012, 08:17 AM   #8109

Woo-Hoo! I got an update done for both blogs. Sheesh! I struggled with Blogger all day yesterday. I finally gave up and changed it back to the old interface (they have updated it and are doing away with the old one soon). But it worked fine. Hopefully they work out the kinks before switching it completely.

The Quick Family Happenings
Here's the family one if you want to visit - since I don't have it on my siggy here.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #8110
Mini Quack

Quote:
you still need the mats, you would want it for protection anyway, right?
ok so mat first...I can use it on my kitchen table, it is a good heigth...then look for the table...I know my friend Sandy got hers at a garage sale...how lucky is that thanks Dody

by the way , when I was at Michaels last , I saw "those" scissors...the super expensive ones ...made me giggle and remember ...: )

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 06-01-2012, 08:29 AM   #8111
Mini Quack

Quote:
Stephanie will come down on Tuesday, Chris is working but they are taking a beach vacation in July at Cocoa Beach which is about 45 minutes from here. We'll pop down there to see them some (lots!)
oh how fun... that sounds like some perfect grandma / mom time...will Justin and Liz get to visit too ??

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 06-01-2012, 08:34 AM   #8112
Mini Quack

Quote:
Woo-Hoo! I got an update done for both blogs. Sheesh! I struggled with Blogger all day yesterday. I finally gave up and changed it back to the old interface (they have updated it and are doing away with the old one soon). But it worked fine. Hopefully they work out the kinks before switching it completely.

Here's the family one if you want to visit - since I don't have it on my siggy here.
Well gee, just what I need, more stress to frustrate me, thanks for the warning on Blogger...lol

Thanks for sharing the link to the family blog, now the Quackers can see what keeps me busy... and what I am so proud of...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 06-01-2012, 08:43 AM   #8113
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:

Morning....
Krista...enjoyed breezing through the family blog. Gosh, those kids have grown up!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:46 AM   #8114
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Dody....sounds like you will enjoy the new neighbors. Now, are you taking pictures of the house being built? I did that for this house. It's amazing to look at it and remember what it was like. Plus, it was less crowded of stuff....as Jack likes to point out! We had to bring them out when we were showing them to the foundation people. They had some questions about something. It was great that we had that ability to show them.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #8115

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Morning....
Krista...enjoyed breezing through the family blog. Gosh, those kids have grown up!!!
Thanks Suzy! They sure have!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:48 AM   #8116
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Maggie....sounds like you had a good visit with the new addition to the ward. That's always nice to meet them and introduce them to others. That is awesome about the choir news! I was in choir in junior high...all 3 years. Skipped it in high school...but, was in the university choir for a few years.
Old 06-01-2012, 08:49 AM   #8117
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Krista...I can see why you are so busy!! The kids having their interests and going 3 different directions!
Old 06-01-2012, 08:53 AM   #8118

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Krista...I can see why you are so busy!! The kids having their interests and going 3 different directions!
Yes they are! But My goal as a mom is for my children to enjoy being children and do everything that they enjoy doing as long as it is possible. Today's world forces our kids to grow up and lose their childhood way to fast and I don't want that. And I enjoy every minute with them!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:00 AM   #8119
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Quote:
Yes they are! But My goal as a mom is for my children to enjoy being children and do everything that they enjoy doing as long as it is possible. Today's world forces our kids to grow up and lose their childhood way to fast and I don't want that. And I enjoy every minute with them!
that is well said, Krista! Plus, the memories that you will make will be priceless! Enjoy the moments!
Old 06-01-2012, 09:01 AM   #8120
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

well, our A/C guy is here checking out the units. Right now in the attic...Jack went up to watch. I can hear them talking....about who knows what....