Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6188Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 05:52 PM   #681
Quacker Stamper

Good evening Quackers.

Got home from a really nice dinner at Sweet Tomatoes. It is sooo good. Unfortunately, we were taking so much time eating that we missed the movie. Oh well, I told Gloria that we can only do one or the other. A movie after dinner is just too late.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #682
Quacker Stamper

I keep forgetting to ask this question - are you guys if you're signed up, still getting the SCS Newsletter every Wednesday?????? I haven't gotten one since January 4. I checked my spam the other day to see if it was going in there, but it wasn't. I went on SCS today and tried to sign up again, but it said that I was already signed up, but I'm NOT getting it in my e-mail anymore. Anyone else having a problem?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-03-2012, 07:39 PM   #683
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

I have not gotten any either... but it might be going to the old email address, I am not sure...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 02-04-2012, 05:02 AM   #684
Quacker Stamper

Well, that makes 2 of us Soni, although I don't have an old e-mail address and when I tried to sign up, it said I was already registered. If I don't get one this week, I'm going to PM one of the Mods to look into it.

Woke up to thunder and lightning this morning. I think we may have rain for a bit, but I believe the "storming" is past us.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 05:06 AM   #685
Quacker Stamper

I've got lots to do today. Need to figure out what I'm going to do for dinner tomorrow night. Then it will be errands. Need to get to the PO and mail this box off to Suzy. I need to make a stop at Babies R Us and pick up a gift for a girl at church. Then the grocery store. I don't think I need to go anywhere else.

Got lots to do at home. I'm still hoping this lady will come today, but somehow I don't think she's going to make it from cross town today. I'm going to get the house sort of ready - pick up things and put them away so she'll be able to clean (or I will) this afternoon. Hope to get some stamping time in there somewhere.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 06:27 AM   #686
Mini Quack

Morning...Brrr cold and rainy here ....

Mickey waffles and hot cocoa have been served

off to play with Faith...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 07:52 AM   #687
First To Quack

morning! Is it still morning? We've already shown the house this morning...3 times already this week & may have someone interested. They are not sure about the price and who could blame them? I looked on Zillow today & the price has jumped around from 326 to 226 in the last few years. It changes all of the time! But it is going back up Have y'all checked out Zillow.com? pretty cool site!

Cards from the Cabana

Last edited by Beachbound; 02-04-2012 at 07:56 AM..
Old 02-04-2012, 07:55 AM   #688
First To Quack

Shell, can you tell me exactly what you need from the Flat Jaydin? Out friends are thinking about taking a pretty cool vacation soon & maybe I could talk them into taking her.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #689
Mini Quack

Ali had a volley ball game this morning. Tammy and I stayed here with Faith, and caught some quiet time... Brooke went with K & K and the boys to watch Ali...

I am thinking of going back into town, Walgreens has some good prices, my perfume is $10.00 off and I am out... lots of other little things...

then I plan a quiet evening and extra rest, so tomorrow will be fun... As long as Chicago does not get a foot of snow, we will be off to check out Lego Discovery Place

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 09:05 AM   #690
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I keep forgetting to ask this question - are you guys if you're signed up, still getting the SCS Newsletter every Wednesday?????? I haven't gotten one since January 4. I checked my spam the other day to see if it was going in there, but it wasn't. I went on SCS today and tried to sign up again, but it said that I was already signed up, but I'm NOT getting it in my e-mail anymore. Anyone else having a problem?

I got one this past Wednesday.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #691
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Shell, can you tell me exactly what you need from the Flat Jaydin? Out friends are thinking about taking a pretty cool vacation soon & maybe I could talk them into taking her.

Awesome!!!

Here's the letter we send with all of the information.

Dear _____________,

Have you ever wanted to go somewhere really really bad but you just couldn't go? If you have then you have something in common with Stanley Lambchop, the main character in the children's book entitled "Flat Stanley".

In the story Stanley was squashed by a bulletin board. Being flat, he was able to participate in many adventures. He was mailed in an envelope by his parents for a "dream vacation" to visit friends in California. He even placed himself on a famous painting in a museum to help catch some infamous art thieves.

We are sending you a Flat Jaydin to take care of for the week. Please take her with you when you go out and include her in your activities. She is bringing a journal, and she'd really appreciate your help in filling that out each day. When she comes home, we want to hear all about her adventures in your area! We're going to learn a lot about geography and history in our project. If possible, take pictures of Flat Jaydin with you when you are out and about - or even when you are at home. We want to hear all about life in your part of the world. We would love any information about your area that you can include - maps, post cards, special things that come from your area, and things like that. Flat Jaydin is bringing along a little spending money. Please, help her use it wisely.

After the week is over, send Flat Jaydin home and include her journal of the trip, pictures of Flat Jaydin's adventures with you (can be on CD or DVD if you wish), and any special items you want to include about your area or her trip.

Thank you so much for helping us with this project. We are so excited to learn all about the wonderful differences in our world.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:22 AM   #692
Total Quack

I'm in the Haven. I'm going to try to get at least one more smock finished. We'll see how that goes.

Old 02-04-2012, 09:34 AM   #693
Quacker Stamper

Lunch time Quacks.

Got out about 11 when the rain stopped. I did make it to the PO in time, so Suzy, your box is on it's way. I managed to stuff in that triple book with the 1st 3 books in it. I know you already read 1 & 2, but this way you won't have to keep looking for #3.

Went to Kroger this time because I needed to gas up the car and I'd get $$ off for going. I was glad because they had all the vitamin supplements that I wanted on a BOGO sale, so that was great savings.

One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 09:37 AM   #694
Quacker Stamper

I decided on dinner for tomorrow. I'm going to cook a BBQ Brisket in the crockpot and make some red potatoes; broccoli & cheese; and a rice/corn veggie mix. All sounds good to me. I am going to have to make some extra chicken for Morgan since she doesn't eat red meat although with the BBQ sauce on it, she might change her mind. For dessert, I'm going to make Hot Fudge Sundaes with all the toppings and I think I'm going to bake some of my pre-made Double Chocolate Chip cookies. I think they'll all like that.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 09:38 AM   #695
Quacker Stamper

Haven't heard anything from the cleaning lady yet, so not sure if she's coming or not. I'm going to eat lunch now, so I may just get started on things after that and if she shows up, she can finish the hard part - bathrooms and scrubbing floors. I'll dust and vacuum first.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #696
First To Quack

Shell, I'll copy & paste that info onto an email to them. How big is Flat Jaydin & the journal? Do you provide an prepaid envie to mail the stuff or do they? They are going to Costa Rico for only a week & I'm not sure how much luggage space they have. Do you want pictures emailed to you or printed...I guess those were my questions.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-04-2012, 11:07 AM   #697
Mini Quack

I have an empty house again Aunt Tammy showed Dustin a new craft, a lot like our Marble technique but used acrylic paint and a box with paper...He loved it... He made 6 different color combos and each pattern was different...

Tammy needed to get home for a Tax appointment Krista is decorating a cake... I may go read or nap... Looks like the weather is ok up in Chicago... So I think we will be going that way ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 11:18 AM   #698
Total Quack

Quote:
Shell, I'll copy & paste that info onto an email to them. How big is Flat Jaydin & the journal? Do you provide an prepaid envie to mail the stuff or do they? They are going to Costa Rico for only a week & I'm not sure how much luggage space they have. Do you want pictures emailed to you or printed...I guess those were my questions.

Flat Jaydin is about 6" tall (made from Paper Dolls cart)... maybe a tad taller with her hat. The journal is the size of 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2x 11 paper, with a cardboard cover.

I will provide an addressed envelope to get her home and will send her to you (or them). I send some money with her, too, for her 'spending' money. I'm not sure how much to put on the envelope to get her back home because if she has a CD or some other item from the area with her, I wouldn't know how much that would be. I will be GLAD to reimburse that money, though. The pictures can be emailed to me, put on a CD, or printed. Whatever is easiest/cheapest for the host family.

Costa Rico?! Wow!! How cool is that?!? Let me know if you think it will work and when Jaydin needs to arrive.

Old 02-04-2012, 11:42 AM   #699
Total Quack

I finished one more smock. It will be nice to have tomorrow while we are dealing with the babies tomorrow.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #700
ink, paper, & icing crafter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
uh you mean ROOMS right ??? lol
I'm thinking knocked out walls, huge store-size room filled with all of our goodies!
Old 02-04-2012, 12:15 PM   #701
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Flat Jaydin is about 6" tall (made from Paper Dolls cart)... maybe a tad taller with her hat. The journal is the size of 1/2 sheet of 8 1/2x 11 paper, with a cardboard cover.

I will provide an addressed envelope to get her home and will send her to you (or them). I send some money with her, too, for her 'spending' money. I'm not sure how much to put on the envelope to get her back home because if she has a CD or some other item from the area with her, I wouldn't know how much that would be. I will be GLAD to reimburse that money, though. The pictures can be emailed to me, put on a CD, or printed. Whatever is easiest/cheapest for the host family.

Costa Rico?! Wow!! How cool is that?!? Let me know if you think it will work and when Jaydin needs to arrive.

ok, then...I'll let ya know. I only ask since it's not me doing it & don't want to assume that they wouldn't mind paying any cost. That being said, these are awesome people & I really think they would be happy to help. Have you posted this on SCS asking for other countries? I bet you would get answers that way! I remember years ago a girl was trying to get post cards from each state.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-04-2012, 12:19 PM   #702
First To Quack

Quote:
I never did get it even after signing up a few times.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 02-04-2012, 01:03 PM   #703
Mini Quack

Ok So I did play with my Spellbinders, hmmm,
so far I like them

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 01:32 PM   #704
Total Quack

Quote:
ok, then...I'll let ya know. I only ask since it's not me doing it & don't want to assume that they wouldn't mind paying any cost. That being said, these are awesome people & I really think they would be happy to help. Have you posted this on SCS asking for other countries? I bet you would get answers that way! I remember years ago a girl was trying to get post cards from each state.

Thank you!!

And, of course! I don't blame you at all, and I don't want to put anyone out by taking Flat Jaydin.

I haven't done that, yet. I may later in the year. I've had a great response from my friends on the Quacker thread, Cricut thread, and FB so far, so we'll see how that goes for now.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:37 PM   #705
Total Quack

Quote:
so far I like them

Good! I'm glad you're enjoying them.

Old 02-04-2012, 01:42 PM   #706
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
I'm thinking knocked out walls, huge store-size room filled with all of our goodies!
Sounds good to me. I think this could work if we could each come up with about $1400 a month for the payment. That doesn't include food and utilities.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 01:43 PM   #707
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
so far I like them
What did you make? I love my Nesties.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #708
Quacker Stamper

Well, the cleaning lady didn't come today. She called about 1:15 to say she was just finishing up her job, but it would have taken her almost an hour to get to my house. It probably would have been okay if she had been to my house before, but she hasn't and then showing her where everything is and what to do would have taken extra time. I went ahead and cleaned. In a way, I'm glad I did it. I had purchased an outdoor doormat to put in front of the door inside in the dining room since I go in and out of there a lot and am trying to keep the floor a little bit clean. Well, when I picked it up to clean, there was kitty urine pooled underneath it. I didn't think Paisley would do that because it was flat rubber made out of recycled tires, but I guess she decided she liked it. Needless to say, it got tossed outside. After the weather dries up some, I'll hose it down and put it in front of the door outside on this side of the house to wipe feet on before coming in.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #709
Quacker Stamper

Just finished cleaning up the house so that wasn't too bad. Got some laundry done too - about 3 loads - and got the clothes all hung, folded, and put away. I'm just working on bed linens and towels now.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 01:51 PM   #710
Quacker Stamper

Oh, Kelly, guess what I found at my Kroger today....................

WHO NU! Both kinds. This is the first week that I've seen them there. I was excited. Bought a box of each and of course I had to try them to see if they were any good. Both kinds are very yummy. I actually got into a conversation with the checkout girl about them and weight loss, so she was going to go look for them and get some too. She didn't even know they had them.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 02:48 PM   #711
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Good! I'm glad you're enjoying them.
I only cut three and embossed them too, not to the enjoying level yet...

but I imagine as I use them I will get there, I am just glad I tried them, I see why the intricate ones could be a bot difficult, good thing I like
simple

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 02:50 PM   #712
Mini Quack

Quote:
Sounds good to me. I think this could work if we could each come up with about $1400 a month for the payment. That doesn't include food and utilities.
uh since I am the mini quack can I have a mini payment too
other wise I might be a tad bit short every month... LOL

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 02:54 PM   #713
Mini Quack

Quote:
Well, the cleaning lady didn't come today. She called about 1:15 to say she was just finishing up her job, but it would have taken her almost an hour to get to my house. It probably would have been okay if she had been to my house before, but she hasn't and then showing her where everything is and what to do would have taken extra time. I went ahead and cleaned. In a way, I'm glad I did it. I had purchased an outdoor doormat to put in front of the door inside in the dining room since I go in and out of there a lot and am trying to keep the floor a little bit clean. Well, when I picked it up to clean, there was kitty urine pooled underneath it. I didn't think Paisley would do that because it was flat rubber made out of recycled tires, but I guess she decided she liked it. Needless to say, it got tossed outside. After the weather dries up some, I'll hose it down and put it in front of the door outside on this side of the house to wipe feet on before coming in.
Oh sorry to hear what you found... I just picked up the kitty blanket and washed it as soon as it dries I will let them in the breezeway tonight...it is cold and wet out... I wonder what our weather is to be tomorrow ??

oh, I did not make any thing, I just played with the sandwiching to see how they cut and embossed...I might try to put them to use later...I have a pot pie in the oven for supper, so after that if there is nothing on TV, I will play...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #714
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
uh since I am the mini quack can I have a mini payment too
other wise I might be a tad bit short every month... LOL
LOL! I think we'd all be a tad short along with you Soni.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 03:44 PM   #715
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Oh sorry to hear what you found... I just picked up the kitty blanket and washed it as soon as it dries I will let them in the breezeway tonight...it is cold and wet out... I wonder what our weather is to be tomorrow ??

oh, I did not make any thing, I just played with the sandwiching to see how they cut and embossed...I might try to put them to use later...I have a pot pie in the oven for supper, so after that if there is nothing on TV, I will play...
Yes, icky. I just can't understand why she does that. I've never had another cat that did. It's gotten cold here too. I usually put a small cloth mat out for the gray kitty, but it's so wet out, and I don't want it to get rained on again since we are supposed to have showers tomorrow. I think she's going to have to sleep somewhere else tonight.

I've never tried the embossing. I just usually make die cuts.

I had a little dinner - a couple lettuce wraps, some carrots and tomatoes and some Tomato/Basil Hummus. I love that stuff.

I need to go in and change the linens on my bed and take my shower and then get the last load of laundry done and then I'll be able to stamp. I need to get my card done for next Wednesday's PSC challenge.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #716
Quacker Stamper

Got everything ready for tomorrow for church - Newsletter, Announcements, Quote of the Month, and Visiting Teaching Message. I'll copy everything at church tomorrow.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #717
Mini Quack

Quote:
Yes, icky. I just can't understand why she does that. I've never had another cat that did. It's gotten cold here too. I usually put a small cloth mat out for the gray kitty, but it's so wet out, and I don't want it to get rained on again since we are supposed to have showers tomorrow. I think she's going to have to sleep somewhere else tonight.

I've never tried the embossing. I just usually make die cuts.

I had a little dinner - a couple lettuce wraps, some carrots and tomatoes and some Tomato/Basil Hummus. I love that stuff.

I need to go in and change the linens on my bed and take my shower and then get the last load of laundry done and then I'll be able to stamp. I need to get my card done for next Wednesday's PSC challenge.
I love the look of the embossing, and it really is easy if you have the embossing mats...I had to go back to hobby lobby this week to get them

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 02-04-2012, 04:52 PM   #718
Mini Quack

We just had a change in plans...we are still going, we just need to be up about 2 hours earlier... and we will drive in to Sue's apartment and leave from there...it will be over an hour shorter of a distance ... So this will save her a lot of time and miles too...

I really had not planned on getting up at 5:30 .....

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 02-04-2012 at 05:00 PM..
Old 02-04-2012, 05:20 PM   #719
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I love the look of the embossing, and it really is easy if you have the embossing mats...I had to go back to hobby lobby this week to get them
I do have the embossing mats, I've just never taken the time to use them. One of these days I'll have to try it out.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 02-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #720
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
We just had a change in plans...we are still going, we just need to be up about 2 hours earlier... and we will drive in to Sue's apartment and leave from there...it will be over an hour shorter of a distance ... So this will save her a lot of time and miles too...

I really had not planned on getting up at 5:30 .....
Sorry you have to get up so early, but I'll be right behind you. Having church at 9 sure doesn't let a person sleep in. And I need to get the crockpot ready before I leave for church so the brisket can be cooking.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts