Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6693Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #6081
Quacker Stamper

Good morning Quackers. Headed off to bed kind of early. Turned the light out at 10:30 after reading a little bit. Slept good - right through til the alarm went off at 5:30.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-23-2012, 05:19 AM   #6082
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
I'm sorry, Dody. I didn't mean to leave you out, sweetie. I was trying to remember every one.

How'd the appraisal go?
heeheehee, I laugh because I do the same thing....and usually forget a few quackers as well

still waiting on that, it seems each appraisaler is very different. Appraisals can vary by lots; our realtor has said that some sellers stick with less than perfect buyers only because they scored a decent apprasial. Such are the weird times in real estate. An update on the earnest money from deal #1. The horrible realto rour first buyers had never asked for their earnest money back!!! So their broker caller & asked our realtor to ask us to sign off so they could get it. We said no, that we wanted their broker to understand how wrong every detail was handled. The broker had no idea and has backed off. They will still get the money because of the wording in the FHA contract but it has been tied up now for 3 months because of that #$%%###* realtor. She should not be practicing at all.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-23-2012, 05:21 AM   #6083
First To Quack

Quote:
We're at 61 degrees and it wouldn't be so bad but I swear that wind is straight out of the north. I might need a second hot shower just to warm up.

Soni, how are you feeling today? any better?
the wind was awful here too. I am in jeans, sweater & hoodie last month was shorts!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-23-2012, 05:24 AM   #6084
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Yeah ... tell me about it.

At least, we don't have to live through the drama of an engagement (and breaking up .... ) and wedding.
okay~ now that I am over the shock....did you know she was going to do that? Did Dusty? Yeah, at least you won't have to do the wedding thing again. She really did move fast with this!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-23-2012, 05:26 AM   #6085
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Thanks Dody. It would probably heal better if I didn't quit banging it on everything all the time. Surprising how much you use that finger.
I am sure that's right! How is the pain level now?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 AM   #6086
First To Quack

Quote:
Sounds like you and Flat Jaydin are having a really fun time together. How much longer does she get to stay with you?

Speaking of Flat Jaydin, how is that going? Where all has the many FJ traveled to so far?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-23-2012, 05:31 AM   #6087
First To Quack

Krista, those cakes were so cute! Great job with all of the free hand work. Stephanie is taking the classes now. I was amazed at all of the new gadgets and tools. wow, things sure have changed since I learned!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 04-23-2012, 05:57 AM   #6088
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to Lazorkay

Morning~
Old 04-23-2012, 06:23 AM   #6089
Total Quack

Quote:
O M G! Had this been planned? Did you know about it ahead of time? How did that happen????

Braxton planned it, I think. Becky didn't know about it, though. Honestly, I don't know how things happened ... I just know that it's all over FB and that I was with her kids while she was getting married.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:24 AM   #6090
Total Quack

Quote:
Dinner turned out pretty good and it was nice that it was something that both kids liked so it all got eaten pretty well. There was some leftover and I let my DD take some home as I usually do. I've decided that they don't really come to "visit" me, they just come for dinner.

After they left, I went back to my stamping room to finish up my card. I really like the way it turned out.

Guess I'll shut things down for the night and get off to bed. I have so many projects that I need to work on, but they'll wait for tomorrow.

Oh, Maggie ... that's very sad to me. I'm sorry. I hope that's not really the way they see it, though.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #6091
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
heeheehee, I laugh because I do the same thing....and usually forget a few quackers as well

still waiting on that, it seems each appraisaler is very different. Appraisals can vary by lots; our realtor has said that some sellers stick with less than perfect buyers only because they scored a decent apprasial. Such are the weird times in real estate. An update on the earnest money from deal #1. The horrible realto rour first buyers had never asked for their earnest money back!!! So their broker caller & asked our realtor to ask us to sign off so they could get it. We said no, that we wanted their broker to understand how wrong every detail was handled. The broker had no idea and has backed off. They will still get the money because of the wording in the FHA contract but it has been tied up now for 3 months because of that #$%%###* realtor. She should not be practicing at all.

Oh my. That's nuts. I'm glad that ya'll stood your ground and let someone know how badly it was handled.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:32 AM   #6092
Total Quack

Quote:
okay~ now that I am over the shock....did you know she was going to do that? Did Dusty? Yeah, at least you won't have to do the wedding thing again. She really did move fast with this!

Braxton called Mom on Thursday and asked her if she would be upset if she wasn't at the wedding (Mom said ... ABSOLUTELY not.). He mentioned that he was planning to ask Becky this weekend (they were in the mountains with friends) and that he knew that she wasn't going to want to wait to get married. Becky posted on FB - and sent ME a text - saying that he had asked on Friday night. Then, she posted on Saturday that they had gotten married that afternoon.

Dusty found out from me on most of it, but his response was that he wished they had asked him to give her away ... he would have ... GLADLY!!!! LOL!!!

I was NOT going to go through a wedding, and Mom had said that she wasn't, either. That would just be stupid. The whole thing is stupid, anyway.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:37 AM   #6093
Total Quack

Quote:
Speaking of Flat Jaydin, how is that going? Where all has the many FJ traveled to so far?

She's been to NJ - and they took her to PA, as well - and back. She's *presently* in Washington state, Minnesota, Michigan (two are there), and Missouri. One of the ones in Michigan has been there since the beginning - they asked for her quickly and first. I'm frustrated that she's not back yet because we hosted (in March) that family's Flat Brandon - and got it back to them by March 28 as requested. The one in Washington will be home soon. He just has to pack her up and get her on her way. The one with Kelly is staying until the end of May, I think. Not sure about the others.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:40 AM   #6094
Total Quack

I've got several things to do in the Haven today.

Remember a few weeks ago when I cut all those letters for my friend that helped me with Jaydin's Easter dress?? Those were put up in the lobby of our church. They look SO good!!!! I will take a picture on Wednesday or Sunday so you can see. I have to make more, but out of fabric, to use on banners that will be done for down there, as well. They want the fonts to match.

I also have a card to do for PSC (a couple actually), and I need to start working on the shirts for our drama kids in the homeschool group.

Old 04-23-2012, 06:44 AM   #6095
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Good Morning....looks like the sun is shining, and when I fed the kitties it did not see to be too bad tho it is only 45 ....

Not much planned for today...I am thinking on making a pecan pie...

Lois had surgery on Thursday and I talked with Tanya last evening. She said Lois came home yesterday late in the day. She had her second knee replacement. Anyway , I had made a pecan pie at some point when Tanya and Lois were here , and she really enjoyed it. So she told Tanya if I asked if she needed or wanted any thing that she wanted a pecan pie... Since I will be close by tomorrow when I take Daisy to be groomed I might drop one off ...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 04-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #6096
Mini Quack

Dody, I am glad you were able to say no, you are so right that she ( realtor ) was so wrong in many way... I am hoping and praying this time can be the ONE and things go so much better...

Shell, wow...that is all I can say about Becky's weekend...

Maggie, hope the finger is healing and feels better soon

Karen. Happy Monday...when is graduation?

Suzy, how was the week end ?

Kel, how are you starting your week?

Sue ...hi there, how are you today ?

Lois, hi, hope you are feeling better...waiting to hear about behavior classes and the ornery puppy and the couch story...glad Bill is alive

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #6097
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning girls.
I still have my column to write as well as a feature but wanted to pop in and let you know my Magazine Monday post is up. For those of you who've grown close to MaryLou through Soni's posting will want to take a peek.

Soni, can you PM me her snail mail again. I don't know if the one I have is current.
Thanks!
Old 04-23-2012, 06:58 AM   #6098
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

[QUOTE=Soni B;19374785]Dody, I am glad you were able to say no, you are so right that she ( realtor ) was so wrong in many way... I am hoping and praying this time can be the ONE and things go so much better...

Shell, wow...that is all I can say about Becky's weekend...

Maggie, hope the finger is healing and feels better soon

Karen. Happy Monday...when is graduation?

Suzy, how was the week end ?

Kel, how are you starting your week?

Morning....I think...I'm pooped! Saturday started with stopping at the 7-11 to use the bathroom and getting something to drink. We got to the field started setting up. The field was partly set up...when scouts and the guide groups started showing up. They were so excited!! I'm glad on that part...but, so many kids..probably about 60 kids or so...plus parents. I started helping people with rockets ...checking down the line. It ran smoothly...but, we could see a little craziness going on. At least from the outside looking in....it looked fine. One minute it was 10am...the next it was a quarter til 3 and my morning coffee was still sitting in the front seat of the car!!!! So, I drank it anyway....during a less than busy time! We had a former member come and bring pictures of the friend of ours that we lost recently. Found out that this guy has stomach cancer. Oh gosh....when it rains it pours!!! Ate early dinner...and got home to work on stuff for Sunday.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:03 AM   #6099
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
It was good to see them. And while we were spending time with them, Becky got married .... they got engaged on Friday night and married yesterday.....
Hmmm. Glad he got time with the girls but a bit odd the girls were not a part of her nuptials. kwim?
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 AM   #6100
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Sunday...we had someone come to pull the trailer of equipment. It has all the bigger launch pads and etc. We set up tents...I worked registration etc. Had about 7-8 cert flights to do. We had one guy's rocket that messed up his casing for the motor. He said the rocket was okay. That's good! Then we had a couple of other people who lost their rockets in the next field south of us. The wheat was almost waist level!!! Sure glad I didn't go over to help out! I'm too short for that! We got packed up...and went to eat. Which was another adventure....since there was 12 of us. It was a 40 min wait. Finally I said that we could eat outside. So, they got that set up. Then it was another 10 min before Jack had enough and went to tell them we needed a waiter outside to take care of us. Then once that got going...he was better. But, it took forever to get our food. So, it took a little over 2 hrs for dinner!!! Not good. Didn't get home until after 9pm. The guys followed us back to the house to leave the trailer. We were so tired....Jack didn't even park his car in the garage. So, he is unloading it now. Now, I could a weekend to get over the weekend!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #6101
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

found out the big event set for next week has been canceled.....not enough people coming. Okay...fine with me!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:05 AM   #6102
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

not sure how well I'm going to bowl....I could easily go back to bed at this point. I'm dragging a little!!!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:07 AM   #6103
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sounds like you and Flat Jaydin are having a really fun time together. How much longer does she get to stay with you?

Since I'm doing so much traveling this summer, we've termed it 'Summer Camp Adventure' LOL
Old 04-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #6104
Mini Quack

Quote:
Morning girls.
I still have my column to write as well as a feature but wanted to pop in and let you know my Magazine Monday post is up. For those of you who've grown close to MaryLou through Soni's posting will want to take a peek.

Soni, can you PM me her snail mail again. I don't know if the one I have is current.
Thanks!
Thank you Kel. she will love it...

Pm is sent

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-23-2012, 07:35 AM   #6105
Stazon Splitcoast

HI Soni

graduation is friday, June 1. Saturday, June 2, we are packing him up and he is moving to his mom's.

I think a LOT of my stress will soon be gone

We did buy a new TV on saturday. It works, but there is no color.

The Geek Squad will be out tomorrow afternoon sometime.

and YES, it is mounted on the wall

The price for GS to come out was DOUBLE what it was 4 months ago to set EVERTHING up and this is just to see if the TV color poroblem is just our fault or a bad TV. If the TV is bad, I hope they refund out GS $$
Old 04-23-2012, 07:39 AM   #6106
Stazon Splitcoast

Wow, Suzy! Sounds exhausting. Can you snag a catnap somewhere? I know I've done my share of extra sleeping this weekend. LOL

My head hurt so bad from that wind yesterday I went to bed about 4, got up at 9. Ate a cup o noodles then was back in bed by 10:30. Slept pretty much straight through til 6:30 this morning. Hoping today will be better. Have the back-up furnace running still cold. Hate cold!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 AM   #6107
Stazon Splitcoast

okay. articles sent. I'm going to clean up and head into Winona. Have a taste for a cheeseburger with guacamole sauce (stupid Wendy's commercial) LOL And I'm not making one of my burrito burgers just for me so I'll stop and buy a small container of sauce and take it to the restaurant with me. hehe

While I"m there, I'll work on the next story I need to submit by end of the month.
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 04-23-2012, 07:53 AM   #6108
Total Quack

Quote:
Since I'm doing so much traveling this summer, we've termed it 'Summer Camp Adventure' LOL

**like**

Old 04-23-2012, 08:09 AM   #6109
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Oh, that's too bad that the people will still get their $$ back. That was such a fiasco deal.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 08:10 AM   #6110
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
the wind was awful here too. I am in jeans, sweater & hoodie last month was shorts!
Beautiful here. I saw on the news this morning that the Northeast is getting pounded with a freak winter storm - snow, sleet, rain - all slushy this morning.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 08:11 AM   #6111
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I am sure that's right! How is the pain level now?
It's okay unless I hit it on something. I think that healing gel I found in my cabinet is doing its job.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 AM   #6112
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Braxton called Mom on Thursday and asked her if she would be upset if she wasn't at the wedding (Mom said ... ABSOLUTELY not.). He mentioned that he was planning to ask Becky this weekend (they were in the mountains with friends) and that he knew that she wasn't going to want to wait to get married. Becky posted on FB - and sent ME a text - saying that he had asked on Friday night. Then, she posted on Saturday that they had gotten married that afternoon.

Dusty found out from me on most of it, but his response was that he wished they had asked him to give her away ... he would have ... GLADLY!!!! LOL!!!

I was NOT going to go through a wedding, and Mom had said that she wasn't, either. That would just be stupid. The whole thing is stupid, anyway.
How long have she and Braxton been seeing each other? Since before or after the divorce? How are the kids handling this new person in their lives?
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #6113
Mini Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazorkay View Post
HI Soni

graduation is friday, June 1. Saturday, June 2, we are packing him up and he is moving to his mom's.

I think a LOT of my stress will soon be gone

We did buy a new TV on saturday. It works, but there is no color.

The Geek Squad will be out tomorrow afternoon sometime.

and YES, it is mounted on the wall

The price for GS to come out was DOUBLE what it was 4 months ago to set EVERTHING up and this is just to see if the TV color poroblem is just our fault or a bad TV. If the TV is bad, I hope they refund out GS $$
wow... I sure hope so...I am not a GS fan...but a lot of that is location and the employees in a particular location, what happened to the days of buying something and it worked????

I hope everything goes well for your step son...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #6114
Mini Quack

well I have managed to put in a load of towels, wash my hair and dry it and clean out the fridge and do dishes... oh and I ate a little some thing too... But I am ready to sit and rest...lol geesh

Krista and Dustin have a dentist appointment today, I believe Kristas is doing impressions to update her partial... and D needs a tooth pulled and cleaning

So I might have him tonight while Krista goes to a track meet...

I am off to see what I want for supper and see if I have what I need to bake that pie...

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 04-23-2012, 09:05 AM   #6115
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
She's been to NJ - and they took her to PA, as well - and back. She's *presently* in Washington state, Minnesota, Michigan (two are there), and Missouri. One of the ones in Michigan has been there since the beginning - they asked for her quickly and first. I'm frustrated that she's not back yet because we hosted (in March) that family's Flat Brandon - and got it back to them by March 28 as requested. The one in Washington will be home soon. He just has to pack her up and get her on her way. The one with Kelly is staying until the end of May, I think. Not sure about the others.
She sure has been getting around.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 09:07 AM   #6116
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I've got several things to do in the Haven today.

Remember a few weeks ago when I cut all those letters for my friend that helped me with Jaydin's Easter dress?? Those were put up in the lobby of our church. They look SO good!!!! I will take a picture on Wednesday or Sunday so you can see. I have to make more, but out of fabric, to use on banners that will be done for down there, as well. They want the fonts to match.

I also have a card to do for PSC (a couple actually), and I need to start working on the shirts for our drama kids in the homeschool group.
That's so wonderful about the letters. What are they for? Can you cut the fabric with your Cricut or Vagabond?

Have fun creating.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 09:08 AM   #6117
Stazon Splitcoast

PIE

My mother had the best buttermilk pie receipe ever!

I should try and make one, now that she is no longer here to make me one
Old 04-23-2012, 09:09 AM   #6118
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Good Morning....looks like the sun is shining, and when I fed the kitties it did not see to be too bad tho it is only 45 ....

Not much planned for today...I am thinking on making a pecan pie...

Lois had surgery on Thursday and I talked with Tanya last evening. She said Lois came home yesterday late in the day. She had her second knee replacement. Anyway , I had made a pecan pie at some point when Tanya and Lois were here , and she really enjoyed it. So she told Tanya if I asked if she needed or wanted any thing that she wanted a pecan pie... Since I will be close by tomorrow when I take Daisy to be groomed I might drop one off ...
That is so sweet of you Soni. Pecan pie is so yummy, but almost too sweet for me. I hope Lois heals quickly from her surgery.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #6119
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Morning girls.

Thanks!
I did go by your blog earlier and saw your card. So cute. I know that Marylou will just love it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 04-23-2012, 09:12 AM   #6120
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Morning....I think...I'm pooped! Saturday started with stopping at the 7-11 to use the bathroom and getting something to drink. We got to the field started setting up. The field was partly set up...when scouts and the guide groups started showing up. They were so excited!! I'm glad on that part...but, so many kids..probably about 60 kids or so...plus parents. I started helping people with rockets ...checking down the line. It ran smoothly...but, we could see a little craziness going on. At least from the outside looking in....it looked fine. One minute it was 10am...the next it was a quarter til 3 and my morning coffee was still sitting in the front seat of the car!!!! So, I drank it anyway....during a less than busy time! We had a former member come and bring pictures of the friend of ours that we lost recently. Found out that this guy has stomach cancer. Oh gosh....when it rains it pours!!! Ate early dinner...and got home to work on stuff for Sunday.
Sounds like a pretty exhausting day. That was sweet of your friend to bring those pictures to show you. That dread disease is just everywhere.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts