In the Forums

Register

Today's Posts

Search


Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter





Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads


 
Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree7779Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2012, 03:34 PM   #441
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I'm thinking that you're going to have as much fun with this project as Jaydin is!!


We made 4 Flat Jaydins today. She is, of course, dressed in a cowboy hat and chaps. Jaydin and I had a great time making them.
with all Kelly is planning I am thinking Flay Jaydin will be bored here in Illinois...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:39 PM   #442
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
hmmmm and the dr said his issue would be the runs
yes that is the end result for my brother Bill...he had his out Dec of 2003 and still has to use a supplent or medicine , it is powder form and has to mix it with apple sauce or other fruit at night... other wise he reacts immediately after eating any thing
so with that he does watch his fiber some what...

Dody there is also a medicine called Lomotil...by prescription, that helps it is a thickening agent...I take 8 a day, most only need a couple or three... but if he does have this issue, there is help...

I do not like rely ing on meds, but in this case, I do, so I can live a fairly normal life...some days
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 01-30-2012 at 03:44 PM..
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:40 PM   #443
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
with all Kelly is planning I am thinking Flay Jaydin will be bored here in Illinois...


No. Flat Jaydin will have many experiences in her travels. I think she's going to have a wonderful time there!!!
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:41 PM   #444
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
THEY BOTH CAN GO TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!!




well, and that they are ok
I understand says the gramma that lives next door...he he he
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:43 PM   #445
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Yeah, I'm really hoping that it's not an issue. REALLY, REALLY hoping.




Jaydin just doesn't need that, ya know?? Her poor little scalp.
I hope not for you , it sure will not be fun...but I would have her checked or do it myself... that is so un comfortable to itch ... and all that hair...oh my
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:21 PM   #446
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
THEY BOTH CAN GO TO SCHOOL TOMORROW!!!!!




well, and that they are ok
Yes, KK... that is very good news - all the way around
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #447
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
with all Kelly is planning I am thinking Flay Jaydin will be bored here in Illinois...
Just remember... Jaydin hasn't seen ANYTHING about where you live really. The corn fields, the river (what about taking her up on Grandview Drive and getting her picture with the castle as a backdrop), the botanical gardens, hmmmm I'll keep thinking You have lots of things to show her.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:27 PM   #448
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,890
Default

Poor Jaydin. I'm so hoping you guys don't have issues. That little girl's head can't take anything else.. but then you already know that.
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #449
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,890
Default

Okay.. I think it's fluffy coffee and see what I can write time. I've gotten caught up on some business today, done my Magazine Monday card - which also worked for S2S12C and The Outlawz challenge this week. Need to check out my teapotter card options for tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams!
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:37 PM   #450
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Just remember... Jaydin hasn't seen ANYTHING about where you live really. The corn fields, the river (what about taking her up on Grandview Drive and getting her picture with the castle as a backdrop), the botanical gardens, hmmmm I'll keep thinking You have lots of things to show her.


Exactly!! The ballgames, the snow, everything. It's all new to Jaydin. It's YOUR world that you're showing her. That's what's interesting!! Everyone's world is different.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:50 PM   #451
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Poor Jaydin. I'm so hoping you guys don't have issues. That little girl's head can't take anything else.. but then you already know that.


Yes ... I do. The whole thing scares me.

It's certainly not the family's fault. It can happen to anyone. It just scares me to death. Jaydin just doesn't need this. It's been over a year that we've dealt with all of this.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:56 PM   #452
Stazon Splitcoast
 
ScrappinCEO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ozarks
Posts: 24,890
Default

Okay, I know I was getting off of here. But as I went down my subscription list to get to the teapotter, I spotted Susan had posted to the crochet thread. She finds the coolest links. This is no exception. Look if you dare!

Image Search Results for craft room organization
__________________
Kelly
http://kellyscreativedreams.blogspot.com/
Challenges: Stamp 2 Spend -$0 CCC15
ScrappinCEO is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #453
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

supper done and kitchen cleaned...I need to make a few lists for tomorrow and print coupons ...
I did make a run to the bank later today...
So my morning will start with labs, and errands and a tax apointment... hopefully some shopping will be fit in too...

So my creating was put on hold, but I will get to it, some day
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #454
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
I hate that for you
I think that I found a place in CA that has some treatment. There are supplements that get rid of the toxins in your body. You need to made some food deletions, but nothing that I don't already not eat. That probably didn't make sense. There is also a spray that I can spray on the area. My question to them was about the glycerin in the spray. I got a response back that it is from vegetable and not petroleum so that should be okay for me. I checked them out and they do have a good BBB rating so I think they are legit and I've also seen some other chatter about them on the Internet and it's all good. I think I'm going to try it out.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #455
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by krista_stampinfun View Post
Well, both boys' temps have stayed low to normal since meds this morning. They got checked over good - I guess strep is going around pretty bad right now, but they seem good on everything. So it's definitely something viral. I have a script for Cody to take a z-pack if he would show any signs of needing it, but not filling it if not. They can both return to school tomorrow. He said the temps may vary a little while, but they are good to go.
I'm glad to hear that they'll be able to go back to school tomorrow. Maybe tell them just to take it easy there and not do too much running around. Hope that Cody doesn't need the Zpac.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:45 PM   #456
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
ah my favorite way to eat a hot dog... : )
If I'm going to have a dog, I want it with EVERYTHING on it - chili, cheese, onions, mustard, saurkraut, relish, and anything else I can think of. Down here we have James Coney Island and the Coney's are just fabulous. I rarely have one though.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #457
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Okay.. I think it's fluffy coffee and see what I can write time. I've gotten caught up on some business today, done my Magazine Monday card - which also worked for S2S12C and The Outlawz challenge this week. Need to check out my teapotter card options for tomorrow.

Sweet Dreams!
Good for you. I've actually done a couple of the Outlawz challenges this week. Did the Monday Greeting Card and the Thursday Twisted. I did the color one too, but I need to upload it.

I haven't gotten a name yet for the Teapotter. I do have an image to use, and I probably should get a card ready.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #458
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

[QUOTE=ScrappinCEO;19138057]Okay, I know I was getting off of here. But as I went down my subscription list to get to the teapotter, I spotted Susan had posted to the crochet thread. She finds the coolest links. This is no exception. Look if you dare!

Image Search Results for craft room organization
[/] Wow! That's a lot of storage
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:54 PM   #459
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Got home and had a message from Walgreen's that my script was ready. I forgot to go by and pick it up on my way home. I fed the kitties, did a workout on my Wii and then went to get the meds. Came home and had a light dinner. After I finish up here, I've got some projects to work on and need to get a card uploaded on my blog.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #460
~Coloring Rocket Girl~
 
SuzyS1104's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: on the rocket field in Texas!
Posts: 24,913
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
Sounds like a busy day as usual for you too, Suzy. Did you or anyone else catch that awesome Hallmark movie on ABC last night? I can't for the life of me remember the title but it was about a group of Special Ed kids from (MN ?) who went to Space Camp. It was a very cool movie. You can get the DVD on -line and they are going to run an encore presentation in a week or so. I'd check out ABC.com to see if you can find the details. Definitely a must-see for my rocket friends
yes...this was a good one...we enjoyed it.
__________________
** ~Suzy~ **
*Life is about using the whole box of crayons*
** A sleeping cat is a good excuse to not make the bed **
SuzyS1104 is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:16 PM   #461
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Good for you. I've actually done a couple of the Outlawz challenges this week. Did the Monday Greeting Card and the Thursday Twisted. I did the color one too, but I need to upload it.

I haven't gotten a name yet for the Teapotter. I do have an image to use, and I probably should get a card ready.
oh yes I remember now...I think... my brain is just too full ...lol
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC

Last edited by Soni B; 01-30-2012 at 06:22 PM..
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:21 PM   #462
ink, paper, & icing crafter
 
krista_stampinfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gettin' closer to those mountains!!
Posts: 20,188
Default

I'm not sure how it works yet Mom
__________________
~Krista~
~Come check out My Purple Mountain Therapy blog~
krista_stampinfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #463
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Soni and Krista. I saw that you signed up for the Teapot challenge this week. It's just among the group instead of sending out to someone in need. After everyone signs up, tomorrow MM will send you who you're supposed to send your card to. I think the theme this week is Out of this World. I'm lucky I just got a Robot stamp set that I'm going to use. Need to go work on it.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:36 PM   #464
ink, paper, & icing crafter
 
krista_stampinfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gettin' closer to those mountains!!
Posts: 20,188
Default

Thanks Maggie!
__________________
~Krista~
~Come check out My Purple Mountain Therapy blog~
krista_stampinfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:45 PM   #465
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Soni and Krista. I saw that you signed up for the Teapot challenge this week. It's just among the group instead of sending out to someone in need. After everyone signs up, tomorrow MM will send you who you're supposed to send your card to. I think the theme this week is Out of this World. I'm lucky I just got a Robot stamp set that I'm going to use. Need to go work on it.
hmmm...

I did go re read the email, at first I thought we just picked some one ... but I see how she is doing it now I think ...lol

out of this word huh oh I might be in trouble with this one ...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 06:57 PM   #466
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Avoca Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ... in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
hmmmm and the dr said his issue would be the runs

I had mine out about 2002. The only issue I have is if I eat something spicy or on the greasy side I get a quick reaction. My MD calls it "the dump syndrom". It usually happens within 15 minutes. So, when Larry wants to do mexican food, I tell he we cannot leave the restaurant until I am sure I won't have a reaction.

But other than that, I've had no problems and I had the same problem that Bud did with stones blocking the bile duct. Pain lasted for about 10days. It was really scary.
__________________
Who would have thought that paper, ink & rubber could create a priceless keepsake or give me treasured friends.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Avoca Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #467
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

I got a little bit of iQuest planned today. This is the week that I begin planning for the other group, along with my other 2. Thankfully, we only have about 14 weeks left ....
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:18 PM   #468
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
I had mine out about 2002. The only issue I have is if I eat something spicy or on the greasy side I get a quick reaction. My MD calls it "the dump syndrom". It usually happens within 15 minutes. So, when Larry wants to do mexican food, I tell he we cannot leave the restaurant until I am sure I won't have a reaction.

But other than that, I've had no problems and I had the same problem that Bud did with stones blocking the bile duct. Pain lasted for about 10days. It was really scary.
I had a LARGE stone... and had the duct cleaned out on the WED before the Fri they took out the gall bladder,( I believe that was an ERCP procedure )
keep in mind I was already in the hospital with cancer treatments... The stone grew from 2 centimeters to near 5 cm's and I turned jaundice... Oh I was sick... and in Pain
and that Thursday was THANKSGIVING : (

I was only told to be careful with popcorn, pine apple and chinese food...all high in fiber no warnings or limits with any thing else...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:20 PM   #469
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

I think I will go read for a bit, hope to fall asleep early...I need to be up and start my day much earlier tomorrow...

hope you all rest well,
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:33 PM   #470
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Avoca Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ... in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
supper done and kitchen cleaned...I need to make a few lists for tomorrow and print coupons ...
I did make a run to the bank later today...
So my morning will start with labs, and errands and a tax apointment... hopefully some shopping will be fit in too...

So my creating was put on hold, but I will get to it, some day
I have Addison tomorrow, starting at 8:00am and her visit will continue until sometime around 6:00pm on Wednesday night.

I have to do a grocery run, do a return to Penney's, stop at the gas station and I think that's it. I will probably start my day by doing my online bill paying and checking my grocery list before she arrives.

I have sold a few items on eBay, so those will have to be packaged up and readied for the post office. Plus I haven't picked up my mail since Friday so I bet there is a bunch.

I got an email from American Family today. In it was a "welcome to the family" greeting, plus several electronic forms that had to be completed and returned. The forms included my withholding form and payroll direct deposit. When I didn't find anything regarding the health insurance, I sent off an email to the HR rep. She answered me that they were still checking my references and criminal background. She said it could take anywhere from 7 to 10 days before those checks were completed. The job starts on 2-13-12 and if by today, it could take 7 to 10 days to complete those checks, how would I have been able to give 2wks notice to an employer should I have needed to. I wonder if this is happening to anyone who did need to give the 2wks notice. I sure wouldn't feel comfortable giving a resignation notice without a definite "you got the job" confirmation. Too many things can go wrong or maybe I'm just too cautious.

Rep said that she would call me when the checks are completed and only then would I receive the health insurance forms to be completed. So... I don't know for sure if I have a job or not. It's all still pending.
__________________
Who would have thought that paper, ink & rubber could create a priceless keepsake or give me treasured friends.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Avoca Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #471
Total Quack
 
Shell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: too busy to care right now
Posts: 96,473
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
I had a LARGE stone... and had the duct cleaned out on the WED before the Fri they took out the gall bladder,( I believe that was an ERCP procedure )
keep in mind I was already in the hospital with cancer treatments... The stone grew from 2 centimeters to near 5 cm's and I turned jaundice... Oh I was sick... and in Pain
and that Thursday was THANKSGIVING : (

I was only told to be careful with popcorn, pine apple and chinese food...all high in fiber no warnings or limits with any thing else...


I can't eat popcorn - or drink milk - at night, but I have no other issues with either one. I definitely don't have an issue with pineapple.


I have a friend that has to *go* right after drinking a coke.


I think that you just have to figure out what triggers you have - or if you have none. I have very few.
__________________
~~*Shell*~~
Shell's Stuff

Photography Site


Shell is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 07:54 PM   #472
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Avoca Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ... in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
I can't eat popcorn - or drink milk - at night, but I have no other issues with either one. I definitely don't have an issue with pineapple.


I have a friend that has to *go* right after drinking a coke.


I think that you just have to figure out what triggers you have - or if you have none. I have very few.

I wish I had a few more "triggers" then maybe I'd get some of this weight off. I don't have an issue with popcorn or milk.

I do have more of a problem at the other end of the spectrum. So sometimes, I will eat something I know to be greasy (like pizza w/extra cheese) so to cure the one problem. I have to take a fiber pill plus eat all the fiber I can handle just to keep my tummy issues stable.
__________________
Who would have thought that paper, ink & rubber could create a priceless keepsake or give me treasured friends.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Avoca Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #473
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
I have Addison tomorrow, starting at 8:00am and her visit will continue until sometime around 6:00pm on Wednesday night.

I have to do a grocery run, do a return to Penney's, stop at the gas station and I think that's it. I will probably start my day by doing my online bill paying and checking my grocery list before she arrives.

I have sold a few items on eBay, so those will have to be packaged up and readied for the post office. Plus I haven't picked up my mail since Friday so I bet there is a bunch.

I got an email from American Family today. In it was a "welcome to the family" greeting, plus several electronic forms that had to be completed and returned. The forms included my withholding form and payroll direct deposit. When I didn't find anything regarding the health insurance, I sent off an email to the HR rep. She answered me that they were still checking my references and criminal background. She said it could take anywhere from 7 to 10 days before those checks were completed. The job starts on 2-13-12 and if by today, it could take 7 to 10 days to complete those checks, how would I have been able to give 2wks notice to an employer should I have needed to. I wonder if this is happening to anyone who did need to give the 2wks notice. I sure wouldn't feel comfortable giving a resignation notice without a definite "you got the job" confirmation. Too many things can go wrong or maybe I'm just too cautious.

Rep said that she would call me when the checks are completed and only then would I receive the health insurance forms to be completed. So... I don't know for sure if I have a job or not. It's all still pending.
Well, unless Larry's missing, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Who did you use for references? Tell them to call me.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:41 PM   #474
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Got my TPT card finished and it turned out so cute. I had the perfect stamp set for it. And the Basic Gray Archaic collection did the trick. I'm very pleased with the way it turned out.

I think I'm going to go hit the sack myself. It's getting late and I need to be at the office early tomorrow to get the set ups ready for the mediation.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:51 PM   #475
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Avoca Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ... in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
Well, unless Larry's missing, you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Who did you use for references? Tell them to call me.
Larry's going to work, and then I think he plans on going to his granddaughter's basketball game tomorrow night.

the references they are calling are my past employers. So that is my worry. I did sign a form that stops Dean Clinic from releasing any info so hopfully, that won't count against me. I did offer the HR rep copies of my past performance reviews - from a previous supervisor who I worked with for 2.5 yrs. But they didn't want them ... at this time. So I guess I just wait and see what happens.

still having a hard time understanding why I had to complete those forms today if I wasn't "confirmed".
__________________
Who would have thought that paper, ink & rubber could create a priceless keepsake or give me treasured friends.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Avoca Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 08:53 PM   #476
Stazon Splitcoast
 
Avoca Sue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: ... in the middle of nowhere in Wisconsin.
Posts: 12,137
Default

I'm thinking I better go to bed too. Addison will wear me out tomorrow.
__________________
Who would have thought that paper, ink & rubber could create a priceless keepsake or give me treasured friends.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Avoca Sue is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:59 AM   #477
Quacker Stamper
 
mschoener's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Great State of Texas
Posts: 133,018
Default

Good morning Quackers.

Hope it all goes well Sue and you get confirmed soon. LOL! As to Larry, I was making reference to the "Criminal" check and him being "missing." Hope he's behaving himself these days.
__________________
Working interferes with my personal life!
DT Me
mber:
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
mschoener is online now  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:56 AM   #478
ink, paper, & icing crafter
 
krista_stampinfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: gettin' closer to those mountains!!
Posts: 20,188
Default

mornin quacks
__________________
~Krista~
~Come check out My Purple Mountain Therapy blog~
krista_stampinfun is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:01 AM   #479
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
Larry's going to work, and then I think he plans on going to his granddaughter's basketball game tomorrow night.

the references they are calling are my past employers. So that is my worry. I did sign a form that stops Dean Clinic from releasing any info so hopfully, that won't count against me. I did offer the HR rep copies of my past performance reviews - from a previous supervisor who I worked with for 2.5 yrs. But they didn't want them ... at this time. So I guess I just wait and see what happens.

still having a hard time understanding why I had to complete those forms today if I wasn't "confirmed".
I do understand all that you wrote, maybe it is done this way because the papers they sent are for and from Amfam only, and the medical insurance papers are fron from "the provider" in one way of thinking the they can keep or disreguard their own, but with some one elses paperwork, they wait ... Not a "good" answer, just a what if...
I know some insurance companies use only paper, nothing by electronic... yep in this day, they still do...

Stop worrying, that is not going to help either way...
go enjoy Addison and smile... hugs , love ya Sue

I am still saying prayers and God knows you need a position...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 05:07 AM   #480
Mini Quack
 
Soni B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: QUACKING along in my favorite Duck Pond....
Posts: 83,932
Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B
Default

Good morning...I was awake every couple of hours, but I am up for good now...

I think I have coupons printed, my lists made and now to decide what to wear...that needs to be short sleeve, for the labs...I cannot roll the right sleeve up...
hmmm I do not usually wear short sleeves in the winter....oh I have a SS sweater and matching fleece jacket...I think I will go see what the temps are to be for today...if not warm enough I will just take a different top to change into...
__________________

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Soni B is offline  
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off