Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree6567Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 10:38 AM   #4201
Quacker Stamper

Church was really good today. I love when we have Testimony meetings. So faith building to hear everyone's testimonies.

Got lots to do today. Started the laundry that I didn't get to yesterday, fixed some lunch, and now need to get started on some cards. I found some Paris-related digi stamps for TPT so I need to work on that and my PSC card for this week. It's a sketch challenge and I have one of Marianne Designs embossing/cutting folders that I want to use. They are really neat because they emboss your c/s but it also makes cutouts on the paper too make a nice design.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Blog: http://maggiescathouse.blogspot.com/
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 03-25-2012, 10:48 AM   #4202
Total Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
Lobster does sound yummy! I think it's been about 30yrs since I've had lobster. No place close to me to get it at a reasonable price. I'm not paying $35.00 for a 6" tail.

Yikes! I don't blame you. I think that the dish I got was $29, but it had 2 tails, lobster/crab alfredo, and sides. That wasn't too bad.

I'll probably get lobster on the ship. They usually offer it on formal night.

Old 03-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #4203
Total Quack

I think I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon reading the rest of my book. I started another one last night. We're home tomorrow except for piano. Kids have group piano tomorrow, so it will be late. We're home all day on Tuesday, though.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #4204
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soni B View Post
Hi sue, just get on when you can...we are happy to hear from you

Sorry you are still having medical issues,as well as stress at home...

I send wishes for your moms transition to move to the nursing home to be all positive...Can she have any of her personal belongings?? a chair or pictures ... That seems to help ... Can she sign out and leave with you and Davina, to go out to eat and shop ?
I'm sure she can be signed out, but it is so hard to transport her. She has such difficulty getting in and out of vehicles. She is very unsteady on her feet. Will have to see how things are for Cody's graduation. The real problem is getting her to restrooms - she has no control and is too vain to wear protection.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 03-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #4205
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrappinCEO View Post
We're headed down to the neighbor's house to get some Forsythia. A guy up the road came and pulled the bushes out today so I want to get some of the stragglers. I don't have any of it in my yard. Wonder if I can get about 30 rootings

Then I need to get some outside stuff done... like clean the dog kennel and get them set up for the weekend.

Speaking of, Soni. Does Daisy get to go to Aunt Krista's for the weekend? I'll bet she's thrilled to bits!
I love forsythia bushes. Those may go on my wish list too for my yard.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:11 AM   #4206
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shell View Post
Those are azaleas. They are very common here in GA.
I like azaleas, but they don't do well for me. Not hardy enough for Wisconsin winters unless in a very sheltered area. I do have a protected corner of my house and that corner faces south-west so maybe they would do okay there. Just not in an open flower bed in the yard.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #4207
First To Quack

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschoener View Post
I know how you feel after being away from the Wii for so long. It's so hard to get it going again. I had been doing really well and had progressed so much and after being off it and sick for so long over the holidays, I'm back to the starting point again and trying to build up my reps and my stamina. I've notice though that the Wii does not really work the upper body much so now I do the Wii on M- W & F. Then on Tuesday and Thursday I do Kathy Smith's workout with weights and I do the Upper Body workout.

What kind of dress are you going to make for Alyssa? Is it for Easter or just a new dress?

Yes, I don't like to go to WM on the weekends either or even at all if I can help it.
Just a summer dress, I have some strawberry shortcake fabric that I think would be very sweet. I might go get some white eyelet fabric to make a jacket to go with it. I decided to hit Hobby Lobby tomorrow instead of WalMart...a much better store

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-25-2012, 11:46 AM   #4208
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beachbound View Post
Sorry to hear about your friend, Sue. I do hope when it's my turn I go quick and active until the end...that is a huge blessing. I know you will miss her Yeah, sleep is hard to come by when your mind is so full. Sad too because now you need it so much. Do you have a timeline in place yet?
I'm going to start moving things on the 27th. I have that day off because I'm working today (sunday). Just going to take some of the things from the basement that I know I won't need. My nesco roasters, my meat slicer and whatever else I can fit in the car. I plan on doing the same thing over the weekend of the 31st.

If everything goes as planned, Mom will be moving out the week of April 9th. I do want to give the downstairs bedroom a thorough cleaning and then I can start moving some of my clothes - the winter ones.

I will need Davina's pickup and trailer for the furniture, but I'm leaving that stuff until last. I will be taking advantage of the fact that Davina has a van for moving the TV and computer stuff. The big thing is trying to find boxes right now. Still have alot of stuff to be sorted through.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #4209
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm so sorry about your friend.

Thank you. I'm going to miss her. I saw her at the parade on St. Pats and really wanted to talk to her. But, I had Addison and didn't want to search to find Sarah. Figured I talk to her the next time I saw her. I will NEVER take that attitude again. I will always search out the person, cause you just don't know if the "next time" will ever come. Sarah had a heart attack, she went suddenly and without any warning signs. I consider that a blessing for her. Sarah watched her DH and her only son suffer with cancer and I'm so thankful that she didn't suffer.

I will miss her laugh, but I'll see her again someday.

Old 03-25-2012, 11:56 AM   #4210
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I woke up with a migraine today. Bummer, too .... we had a lot of stress/drama to deal with in our homeschool group.

The leader just quit last night. Now, her quitting is not really that big of a deal, BUT she made sure that we couldn't meet at the place we've been meeting. We were suppose to have classes there today. She sent the email last night at 8 PM. Yes .. late notice. Also, she taught or helped in several classes and bailed on those, as well. She had scheduled the group's drama production at a theater north of here. When she quit last night she said "Drama Dates are confirmed under my name and are unavailable for use." Thus, saying that we couldn't use the theater on that night. It was all so spiteful and uncalled for.

Anyway, we called a meeting for today - and had 11 families there on short notice!!! I am in charge of the group again. That's ok. I don't have as much to do as what I did when I let the leadership position go 4 years ago.

After the meeting, the kids and I went to see Hunger Games. The movie was done really well. I love the books, so I was judging against those. For once, the movie stuck pretty closely by the book. Very cool.
oh that's so not nice - sounds like your group may be better off without her

Old 03-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #4211
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Sounds like a practical idea. Just in case you need it.
I know I'm going to need it! Wisconsin in July can be miserable with just the humidity and not even high temps.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #4212
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
I'm glad you're able to chat with us while youre at work.

Awww!! Thanks for thinking of me. Cool that you had one for Lawrenceville ... that's where Dody lives!
it was the accent that made me think of you...

lot's of y'alls in the conversation with a couple of huns thrown in. just made me smile.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:16 PM   #4213
Stazon Splitcoast

wow, looks like I'm alone in the duck pond. So, off to do some research on possibly sewing a new blankie for Addison. Her new favorite color is bright orange and I think that would be perfect for a blanket - a smaller one than the one she is now dragging everywhere.

won't be done work until 7:30 and the drive home, so it will be about 9:00 when I get there. no need for supper, but may swing thru a drive-thru for some ice cream.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:35 PM   #4214
~Coloring Rocket Girl~

Just thought I would pop on for a second....I've been cleaning. I have another load in the washer...needs to get to the dryer. I thought I would just sit for a few minutes and catch my breath. I've emptied a couple of boxes that I've had sitting on the floor. It was stuff we brought back at Christmas. Now that is done!!!

I have some stain stuff on the carpet....so, I have to wait 30 min.
Old 03-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #4215
Quacker Stamper

Good evening Quackers.

Sue, have a safe drive home. Yes, ice cream sounds really good.

Suzy, What kind of stain stuff are you using on your carpet? How do you get it up? One of my kitties barfed on my living room carpet last week and it left a stain. Grrrrrrrrr. . . I need to do something about it, but I don't want to purchase a steam cleaner just for this.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-25-2012, 04:02 PM   #4216
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Thank you. I'm going to miss her. I saw her at the parade on St. Pats and really wanted to talk to her. But, I had Addison and didn't want to search to find Sarah. Figured I talk to her the next time I saw her. I will NEVER take that attitude again. I will always search out the person, cause you just don't know if the "next time" will ever come. Sarah had a heart attack, she went suddenly and without any warning signs. I consider that a blessing for her. Sarah watched her DH and her only son suffer with cancer and I'm so thankful that she didn't suffer.

I will miss her laugh, but I'll see her again someday.
I'm so sorry that you have that regret Sue that you didn't follow up on that little thought that you had to find Sarah that day. And yes, you will see her again someday. That is the way I'd like to go also, over in a second. I'm glad though that she is now reunited with those loved ones that have gone before her.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-25-2012, 04:04 PM   #4217
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
I'm going to start moving things on the 27th. I have that day off because I'm working today (sunday). Just going to take some of the things from the basement that I know I won't need. My nesco roasters, my meat slicer and whatever else I can fit in the car. I plan on doing the same thing over the weekend of the 31st.

If everything goes as planned, Mom will be moving out the week of April 9th. I do want to give the downstairs bedroom a thorough cleaning and then I can start moving some of my clothes - the winter ones.

I will need Davina's pickup and trailer for the furniture, but I'm leaving that stuff until last. I will be taking advantage of the fact that Davina has a van for moving the TV and computer stuff. The big thing is trying to find boxes right now. Still have alot of stuff to be sorted through.
Wow! This really sounds like a plan.

Moving is something that I don't even want to contemplate. Ugh! I may as well just torch the house. So much stuff to go through and pack up. What a job that would be.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-25-2012, 04:05 PM   #4218
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Just a summer dress, I have some strawberry shortcake fabric that I think would be very sweet. I might go get some white eyelet fabric to make a jacket to go with it. I decided to hit Hobby Lobby tomorrow instead of WalMart...a much better store
That will be such a sweet little outfit with the jacket to it.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-25-2012, 04:07 PM   #4219
Quacker Stamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyS1104 View Post
Just thought I would pop on for a second....I've been cleaning. I have another load in the washer...needs to get to the dryer. I thought I would just sit for a few minutes and catch my breath. I've emptied a couple of boxes that I've had sitting on the floor. It was stuff we brought back at Christmas. Now that is done!!!

I have some stain stuff on the carpet....so, I have to wait 30 min.
Reminds me, I have clothes in the washer that need to get to the dryer.

My home teacher came by awhile ago, and I've been working on my card for PSC. It was really a tough one for me. Needed to use a "congrats" type sentiment. I went through ALL my stamps and didn't like anything for that. I finally came across a set I had for a graduate, so I used that one. I like the way it came out but it's not real elaborate. Finally got it done though and uploaded to the database.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-25-2012, 04:50 PM   #4220
Total Quack

Quote:
I like azaleas, but they don't do well for me. Not hardy enough for Wisconsin winters unless in a very sheltered area. I do have a protected corner of my house and that corner faces south-west so maybe they would do okay there. Just not in an open flower bed in the yard.

They grow like crazy down here. I just wish they bloomed longer and that they didn't look so bad after a spring rain.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #4221
Total Quack

Quote:

That will be so cute, Dody. I can't wait to see what you do with it.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #4222
Total Quack

Quote:
oh that's so not nice - sounds like your group may be better off without her

DEFINITELY.

Old 03-25-2012, 05:26 PM   #4223
Mini Quack

Send a message via Yahoo to Soni B

Quote:
Is this just for Kindle or can the books be gotten for a Nook too?
Barnes and Noble just had some great buys for Nooks .99 and up
Christianbooks.com has some great prices too, some good novels

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
http://sonisfrontporch.blogspot.com/
Love being a part of MMTPTCC
Old 03-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #4224
Mini Quack

Quote:
yes I agree on that !

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 03-25-2012, 05:33 PM   #4225
Mini Quack

Quote:
Good evening Quackers.

Sue, have a safe drive home. Yes, ice cream sounds really good.

Suzy, What kind of stain stuff are you using on your carpet? How do you get it up? One of my kitties barfed on my living room carpet last week and it left a stain. Grrrrrrrrr. . . I need to do something about it, but I don't want to purchase a steam cleaner just for this.
I use Resolve I use just water and brush first then spray resolve and lay a folded paper towel over the area it works great for me

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery
Old 03-25-2012, 05:36 PM   #4226
Mini Quack

Quote:
Reminds me, I have clothes in the washer that need to get to the dryer.

My home teacher came by awhile ago, and I've been working on my card for PSC. It was really a tough one for me. Needed to use a "congrats" type sentiment. I went through ALL my stamps and didn't like anything for that. I finally came across a set I had for a graduate, so I used that one. I like the way it came out but it's not real elaborate. Finally got it done though and uploaded to the database.
I am home all day tomorrow, I hope I get to make a card or two... I will if I get everything done...
I should have a new cat tomorrow evening, a friend of Tammy's found her, so I will be taking her to the vet early Tuesday morning...to get a rabie shot and see if she needs "surgery" I do not want baby kitties... we are assuming she is a girl...

between Krista and me, one of us will love her

Soni B
Live Life With a Smile
My Gallery

Last edited by Soni B; 03-25-2012 at 05:54 PM..
Old 03-25-2012, 05:38 PM   #4227
Total Quack

Quote:
it was the accent that made me think of you...

lot's of y'alls in the conversation with a couple of huns thrown in. just made me smile.

Ah!

Yeah ... my words are pretty saturated with ya'lls. Born and raised in Georgia ....

Old 03-25-2012, 05:46 PM   #4228
Total Quack

Quote:
wow, looks like I'm alone in the duck pond. So, off to do some research on possibly sewing a new blankie for Addison. Her new favorite color is bright orange and I think that would be perfect for a blanket - a smaller one than the one she is now dragging everywhere.

won't be done work until 7:30 and the drive home, so it will be about 9:00 when I get there. no need for supper, but may swing thru a drive-thru for some ice cream.

Oh, how fun!! I hope you have a great time making it.

I may make one for a friend. She's graduating high school this year. I know it sounds silly, but I think it's something she would like, and it would be a keepsake because I would embroider it for her.

Old 03-25-2012, 06:01 PM   #4229
Total Quack

Quote:
I am home all day tomorrow, I hope I get to make a card or two... I will if I get everything done...
I should have a new cat tomorrow evening, a friend of Tammy's found her, so I will be taking her to the vet early Tuesday morning...to get a rabie shot and see if she needs "surgery" I do not want baby kitties... we are assuming she is a girl...

I hope she/he fits in well with ya'll!!!!

Old 03-25-2012, 07:23 PM   #4230
Quacker Stamper

Quote:

Hope you get to play some tomorrow. I went online again today and found a couple "Paris" related digital stamps so I bought them and using 2 of them for the TPT Tickleateapotter for Tuesday. Got the image all colored up and just have to figure out how I"m going to put it together.

Oh my! Sounds like your menagerie is certainly growing. Sweet of you to take her in.
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-25-2012, 07:24 PM   #4231
Quacker Stamper

I'm off to bed. I've been watching the Bourne Trilogy. Got to the last one, but I'm not going to stay up to watch it tonight. Need some sleep. I have seen them all before but there are the ones that I don't mind watching over and over and when I saw that they were running all 3 of them on TNT, I started recording 2 and 3
One Stitch at a Time
Creative Card Crew
Creative Knockouts
Old 03-26-2012, 04:54 AM   #4232
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Oh, how fun!! I hope you have a great time making it.

I may make one for a friend. She's graduating high school this year. I know it sounds silly, but I think it's something she would like, and it would be a keepsake because I would embroider it for her.
I found the fleece at a really good price. Got her bright orange. But the blanket binding was hard to find in orange and then it was really pricey! But wanted orange binding so I paid the price.

Now I hope my sewing machine works. Haven't used it for about 4yrs. Won't be making the blanket until after the move though. My Mom has a sewing cabinet from the mid 40s. It originally held a Singer machine but when that gave up the ghost, she bought a portable Singer that just sat on the top. Now the Singer has stopped working for her too. So, I'll be able to put my portable on the cabinet to use for sewing. I think I'm gonna like that.

Old 03-26-2012, 05:18 AM   #4233
First To Quack

Quote:
I use Resolve I use just water and brush first then spray resolve and lay a folded paper towel over the area it works great for me
I used Resolve until I found the Dollar Tree has a brand every bit as good...for a dollar! I stock up on it now.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-26-2012, 05:20 AM   #4234
First To Quack

Quote:
Ah!

Yeah ... my words are pretty saturated with ya'lls. Born and raised in Georgia ....
funny, I never thought of you having an accent. Doesn't everyone say y'all?

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-26-2012, 05:22 AM   #4235
First To Quack

Quote:
That will be such a sweet little outfit with the jacket to it.
thanks, Maggie. I think I'll make a matching hat but now I'm wondering about the jacket. Alyssa doesn't like to wear anything on her arms & legs...she is a warm weather gal for sure! It is nice to startrt thinking about sewing again evn if it's just bare minium at this point.

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #4236
Total Quack

Quote:
I found the fleece at a really good price. Got her bright orange. But the blanket binding was hard to find in orange and then it was really pricey! But wanted orange binding so I paid the price.

Now I hope my sewing machine works. Haven't used it for about 4yrs. Won't be making the blanket until after the move though. My Mom has a sewing cabinet from the mid 40s. It originally held a Singer machine but when that gave up the ghost, she bought a portable Singer that just sat on the top. Now the Singer has stopped working for her too. So, I'll be able to put my portable on the cabinet to use for sewing. I think I'm gonna like that.

That's going to be cute. I've never used blanket binding. I wouldn't know how to start with that.

That will be a very nice way to set it up. Will you have a dedicated craft or sewing room when you move??

Is your house going to be farther from work?

Old 03-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #4237
First To Quack

Quote:

I'm sure it will work great for you. It's a fun thing, making plans!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-26-2012, 05:26 AM   #4238
Total Quack

Quote:
I used Resolve until I found the Dollar Tree has a brand every bit as good...for a dollar! I stock up on it now.

I need to look for some of that stuff!!!

Old 03-26-2012, 05:28 AM   #4239
First To Quack

Quote:
That's going to be cute. I've never used blanket binding. I wouldn't know how to start with that.

That will be a very nice way to set it up. Will you have a dedicated craft or sewing room when you move??

Is your house going to be farther from work?
That shiny blanket binding is slippery as the devil. I hate it. I use cotton on my quilts & would probably just fringe a fleece but if she is one of those kiddos who love the feel of the 'softy' binding, well...ya just gotta bite the bullet & do it!

Cards from the Cabana
Old 03-26-2012, 05:29 AM   #4240
Total Quack

Quote:
funny, I never thought of you having an accent. Doesn't everyone say y'all?

Hahaha!!! I don't think of myself having an accent, either.

I have friends in Jersey, and they say 'yas.' Cracks me up every time they say it.