Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Everyday Chit Chat (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/everyday-chit-chat-f10/)
-   -   Needed: Florist in Sahuarita AZ (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/everyday-chit-chat-f10/needed-florist-sahuarita-az-t558714.html)

missiowa81 08-02-2012 09:42 PM

Needed: Florist in Sahuarita AZ
Can anyone recommend a good local florist in Sahuarita who delivers?

I'd like to send some flowers to a friend who is starting a new job, but I'm leery of ordering flowers online.

juliebwyoming 08-03-2012 07:02 AM

online ordering
I have ordered flowers from proflowers.com many, many times and have never been disappointed. The flowers arrive on time, and in beautiful condition. They last over a week, no matter what type you order. They have many different varieties to choose from. Also, they often have sales and specials they run making the price appealing. I found they are less expensive than say FTD.

Englishrose 08-03-2012 07:49 AM

Merit Florist - Flowers & Gift Baskets Delivered in Sahuarita, AZ Friends have used this one. You could also try Green Valley as they also deliver to Sahuarita. I doubt Tucson florists would go that far out but you could try Inglis Florists - Florist delivering daily in Tucson, Flowers Plants and More the Broadway location and ask.

missiowa81 08-03-2012 11:26 AM

Thanks for the advice and information!

I've ordered something through Merit Florist, and will keep my fingers crossed. I'm not familiar with the area at all and the delivery is to a brand new school whose street isn't even on the map yet. That's why I wanted a local delivery person. Hopefully they've heard about the new school and will be able to find it. :p I'll let you know!

Englishrose 08-06-2012 01:51 PM

Did the flowers arrive?

missiowa81 08-06-2012 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Englishrose (Post 19601730)
Did the flowers arrive?

I haven't heard yet. I told them to deliver them before 2:00 local time (Pacific time, before school ended),which is 4:00 my time. With it being the first day of school, I expect that getting all of the students picked up and buses out of the way will take a while, so I'm not too worried yet that I haven't heard from my friend. I tried calling Merit Florist customer service and just got a recording that all of their CS reps were busy, and then was asked to leave a message. (I hope that's not a bad omen. ;))

I'll give my friend a call in a little while if I haven't heard from her.

missiowa81 08-06-2012 05:02 PM

Great news! The flowers arrived! They were delivered around 1:00 and were exactly what I ordered. My friend said they're beautiful and they "really made her day" because it was a rough first day of school. She had a screamer/runner (1st grade), had no break from her kids from 7:15 until 2:15, and then two of her kids were left stranded when their parents didn't come pick them up.

I once thought about going into teaching but it's probably a good thing I didn't. :p

Englishrose 08-06-2012 08:47 PM

I think that is the school my kids music teacher moved to over the summer.