Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Everyday Chit Chat (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/everyday-chit-chat-f10/)
-   -   I am broad even on scs I need help??? (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/everyday-chit-chat-f10/i-am-broad-even-scs-i-need-help-t364802.html)

hotwheels 07-17-2008 01:30 PM

I am broad even on scs I need help???

I'm in troubble..... I thought I would never say this.... But here comes I have several friends scs. But help I am broad with scs...... And don't know what spice it up? or know here friends are.... Do you have Ideals to spices up the web fun stamp fun?? I think I need major help!!!
Hotwheels

Joan B 07-17-2008 01:33 PM

I don't understand. SCS is, after all, just an internet site!!! Can't fill all our needs, although I can understand how sometimes we want it to! LOL

Have you checked out the non stamping side of the site. There seems to be a lot of chatter on all sorts of topics!!! Good luck!

MariLynn 07-17-2008 01:38 PM

I think anything that you do so much has the chance of becoming boring. I agree with Joan B that there is so much here at Splitcoast that maybe going to other threads that you don't usually go to might help, or maybe you just need to take a break.

airbornewife 07-17-2008 01:45 PM

Is that word supposed to be "bored" ~ surely not.. I come on SCS every day, several times a day and always find something new and exciting to either read about or a technique to do.. always fresh new cards to view.. funny things to read.. gosh sakes.. surely you didn't mean bored ~

Pam

speale 07-17-2008 01:47 PM

I would jump in and do some challenges. Whenever I am bored with my toys, I pick a challenge and play.

catdidit 07-17-2008 01:50 PM

Ohhhhhh BORED, lol! Omg, I kept trying to figure that out! Well, I'm like airbornewife, can't understand being bored on SCS!

basurok 07-17-2008 01:53 PM

I've not had that problem either. I have to check it in between things at work, sometimes at night...and even on the weekends. It is like a huge library for creative folks. I enjoy everything about it...the tutorials, gallery, yakking it up...etc. I've been on this a couple years and not bored one bit. ;)

wozi14 07-17-2008 02:03 PM

Are you bored with stamping?

If that is the case I would actually stop going to the galleries, take a little break. Visit the other forums and just chat a while and get to know some of the great and wonderful people here. When you come down from inspiration overload then I think your creativity will return and you'll be off and stamping up a storm. I love to create but oddly, to much time in the galleries actually shuts me down a bit. Also, when I think I am getting bored with stamping...I do the same thing. Chatting is a great remedy to bring back the stamping spark!

Hope this helps! :)

pattyb 07-17-2008 02:12 PM

Linda I know you're somewhat limited in what you can do, but what if you tried a different kind of image?

I agree with doing the challenges and let everyone get to know you and see the beautiful work that you can do!!!

hotwheels 07-17-2008 02:27 PM

Thank you Patty B: for the thought and the extra push..... I am not you ladies didn't help.... But Patty know me and my dufficuly, better then some of you.... For I am challenges. with hadicapped that makes are to stamps thanks
I will go look in to the challenges. Just if that helps:
hotwheels

look-inkgood 07-17-2008 02:27 PM

With a name like HOTWHEELS, I'm sure you probably like to be zipping around! I LOVE SCS, but sometimes, I just need a little change. There are some other great stamping sites on the web - or visit some of the SCS'ers blogs. They are awesome!

airbornewife 07-17-2008 02:30 PM

Nearly all of my stamping stuff is packed up in storage right now.. but when we get settled in NC here in the next month.. I would be more than happy to stamp images for you from many of the stamp sets I have and mail them to you. I have a child with Cerebral Palsy and I stamp bold outline images for her to color in.. Let me know and I will be more than happy to send images to you.

Pam

**I have several sets here in TN with me.. I could stamp from them and send some now if you like.

LuvLee 07-17-2008 02:34 PM

Hi Linda! I thought it was funny that you asked to Spice It Up.........since that was the Technique Challenge today! It was to use something from your spice cabinet on a card! There were tons of very fun and interesting ideas that everyone came up with! Some would definitely be hard to do with your handicap...........but there were some I think you'd enjoy! And just seeing some fun creativity is always something I like to do!

The gallery is HERE

And thanks for the sweet comment on my card today!! You sure made me smile!!!! I've got to go check out your recent creations too now!! :) Hope you have a wonderful day!!!!

hotwheels 07-17-2008 02:44 PM

Hello pam,
Thank you for your reply..... Pam::
I to have Cerebral Palsy to and there is a thread that some started help with kind thing.... I pm you with tread later. It just good here you...... How is she...? when I pm email you. I will you more about me..... And I wanted here more about your child.... hotwheels:-D

Quote:

Originally Posted by airbornewife (Post 10572998)
Nearly all of my stamping stuff is packed up in storage right now.. but when we get settled in NC here in the next month.. I would be more than happy to stamp images for you from many of the stamp sets I have and mail them to you. I have a child with Cerebral Palsy and I stamp bold outline images for her to color in.. Let me know and I will be more than happy to send images to you.

Pam

**I have several sets here in TN with me.. I could stamp from them and send some now if you like.

twinwillowsfarm 07-17-2008 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 10572170)
But help I am broad

***spew!***

I'm broad too and I know dieting will help... but I'd rather STAMP and hang out on SCS. HA! Sorry... just couldn't help myself 8-) 8-) 8-)

hotwheels 07-17-2008 03:06 PM

Ha Ha Funny thank you... yes see food diet...!!!:)

quote=twinwillowsfarm;10573233]***spew!***

I'm broad too and I know dieting will help... but I'd rather STAMP and hang out on SCS. HA! Sorry... just couldn't help myself 8-) 8-) 8-)[/quote]

nottoocreative 07-17-2008 04:25 PM

I would NEVER have thought you had CP or any kind of disability, Hotwheels, you do a great job on your cards and you are always so nice to comment on other people's cards. It has obviously not kept you from accomplishing a lot, what a great example you are! I hope you are able to find some "spice" in your stamping--I think when you are so good at something it must be hard to find it challenging any more, right?
Blessings!

airbornewife 07-17-2008 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 10573202)
Hello pam,
Thank you for your reply..... Pam::
I to have Cerebral Palsy to and there is a thread that some started help with kind thing.... I pm you with tread later. It just good here you...... How is she...? when I pm email you. I will you more about me..... And I wanted here more about your child.... hotwheels:-D

I look forward to your PM... if you want.. just PM me your mailing address.. I do have Very Vanilla and Whisper White paper here along with ink pads.. I would be more than happy to stamp and send you some images..

My daughter is 20 yrs old.. she'll be 21 in 11 days. The bold images are good for her and the markers are so easy for her to use.. I went to her classroom last year around Christmas time and spent the day making cards and decorations with all the kids in her classroom.. I had made for each of them a name sign to hang in their room at home.. we made birthday, christmas and thanks cards.. that was in either November or December.. in April one of the girls in her class told me that she was sending the birthday card she made to her grandma.. when we were at Special Olympics that day I took a picture of her that she asked me to print off for her to send to her grandma in the card.. what a treat to be a small part that is really a big part to the kids.. makes my heart swell to see them smile with genuine happiness.

Pam

hotwheels 07-17-2008 05:04 PM

[ Lynn your too funny!!! I am not that good.... It only because of my little Rak angels make me look good!!!:)

quote=nottoocreative;10574162]I would NEVER have thought you had CP or any kind of disability, Hotwheels, you do a great job on your cards and you are always so nice to comment on other people's cards. It has obviously not kept you from accomplishing a lot, what a great example you are! I hope you are able to find some "spice" in your stamping--I think when you are so good at something it must be hard to find it challenging any more, right?
Blessings![/quote]

Consuelo 07-17-2008 05:13 PM

Go check out some of the other forums. Do you like to watch tv? There are a lot of great threads in the TV forum about shows I watch that I like to check and see what other people thought about last night's episode.

Are you into Entertainment news/ celeb gossip? There's the Entertainment forum, where we talk about that kind of stuff.

Do you like to watch sports, into movies, reading? There are forums for that, too.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/fo...splay.php?f=56

Consuelo 07-17-2008 05:18 PM

I forgot Current Events. That's always a fun place to hang out. :mrgreen:

Suzy_H 07-17-2008 05:25 PM

Maybe try something new - if you stamp a lot, try scrapbooking or working with paint on your projects, or even altered art.

Put a spin on the hobby - it will refresh interest hopefully :)

If you are just bored with SCS - I agree with the other ladies - investigate the nooks and crannies - so much to do and see that doesn't even involve stamping.....

Suzy_H 07-17-2008 05:25 PM

PS I think VSN night is coming up, as is the dirty girl challenges......those should be fun !

hotwheels 07-17-2008 05:34 PM

Okay
for those that know my disabillity How VSN is this a good for me.... How dose work?
hotwheels

MsAudreyAnn 07-17-2008 09:57 PM

Ladies....

I hope you don't mind if I pipe in here.....

Linda ((hotwheels)) is very special to me. I've known Linda for about two years now. We met in the RAK group. She tries very hard to create cards and does a fantastic job!! Just see her gallery!! Many of her cards she sends as a RAK, but I know many of her cards she enjoys giving to her elders at her church.....especially the other Mom's at her church.

Linda enjoys creating cards very much. However, stamping and cutting are very hard / difficult for her.....BUT, she LOVES to color the images that are sent to her.....and especially the images when someone sends a finished card for her to copy from.

For anyone who has a *special needs* child knows, our children are happiest when they are being creative....whether it is coloring, painting, clay making, etc.....just like we do, we get lost in our own little world when we're stamping. Its even more special for them....and to see the smile on their face when they are done is priceless!!

I'm not exactly sure what Linda means when she says she's bored with SCS. I'll try and get a better feel from her on that.

Thanks for letting me pipe in!!

jimandbeth1 07-17-2008 10:58 PM

I read this thread and couldnt help notice, hotwheels, that you have some caring friends here and around you, especially when they love you enough to "pipe in" to help us know how to help you.

Of course, I really wanted to make a joke about spicing things up always makes me want to eat more and make myself even broader, but oh well. I hope you find something to help you be motivated again.

Momofoneson 07-18-2008 02:47 AM

I am broad too, :), but I would love to send you some stamped images, just pm me your address. I have some SU sets I have never used, it would give me a chance to pop them out and use them.

cydstamps 07-18-2008 04:01 AM

HotWheels I would love to send you some images, sent you a PM.

onelightningchic 07-18-2008 04:17 AM

What a great idea to send her images and cutouts! Why not an image/cutout shower? I am PMing to see if I can contribute as well.

MsAudreyAnn 07-18-2008 05:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimandbeth1 (Post 10578550)
I read this thread and couldnt help notice, hotwheels, that you have some caring friends here and around you, especially when they love you enough to "pipe in" to help us know how to help you.

Of course, I really wanted to make a joke about spicing things up always makes me want to eat more and make myself even broader, but oh well. I hope you find something to help you be motivated again.

To Beth and others.....

I too.....almost *spewed* my drink all over my monitor when I first read Linda's post. Since I've retired, I too find myself sitting more and more ((here at SCS every day......:mrgreen: ....)).....and well lets say.....broad is now in my vocabulary!!

Thanks everyone for understanding!!

nottoocreative 07-18-2008 07:22 AM

I would love to know how to help, also...I don't know what kinds of images are best?

hotwheels 07-18-2008 10:48 AM

[ Hello my friend I send you a pm email.... thanks hotwheels quote=Momofoneson;10578725]I am broad too, :), but I would love to send you some stamped images, just pm me your address. I have some SU sets I have never used, it would give me a chance to pop them out and use them.[/quote]

hotwheels 07-18-2008 11:10 AM

Hello my friend.... I pm you my adress..... thanks hotwheels
Quote:

Originally Posted by cydstamps (Post 10578976)
HotWheels I would love to send you some images, sent you a PM.

hotwheels 07-18-2008 11:20 AM

Hello I pm more infamation my friend..... thanks hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by onelightningchic (Post 10579072)
What a great idea to send her images and cutouts! Why not an image/cutout shower? I am PMing to see if I can contribute as well.

Mrs.Q 07-18-2008 11:30 AM

I'd love to share some images as well! Some ladies here have been so sweet to send me some, so I'd like to pay it forward somehow.
If I could get your address too Linda, I will put some goodies in the mail to you this weekend! Maybe you would find some card candy type items useful?

hotwheels 07-18-2008 11:31 AM

Hello my friend....
I will pm you..... hotwheels

Quote:

Originally Posted by nottoocreative (Post 10580875)
I would love to know how to help, also...I don't know what kinds of images are best?

Jaxbabie3 07-18-2008 11:50 AM

I would love to send you some too! Why don't you send me a pm and tell me what kinds of things you like! :)

onelightningchic 07-18-2008 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hotwheels (Post 10583416)
Hello I pm more infamation my friend..... thanks hotwheels

Thanks for your Addy, I will get some goodies off this weekend. BTW I LOVE your gallery cards! What a wonderful job you do and so creative. Ellen

hotwheels 07-18-2008 12:20 PM

Hello my friend..... I pm you... thanks hotwheels:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrs.Q (Post 10583495)
I'd love to share some images as well! Some ladies here have been so sweet to send me some, so I'd like to pay it forward somehow.
If I could get your address too Linda, I will put some goodies in the mail to you this weekend! Maybe you would find some card candy type items useful?

hotwheels 07-18-2008 12:38 PM

I will pm you in a bit.... thanks, hotwheels.....:)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaxbabie3 (Post 10583669)
I would love to send you some too! Why don't you send me a pm and tell me what kinds of things you like! :)