Splitcoaststampers

Splitcoaststampers (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/)
-   Everyday Chit Chat (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/everyday-chit-chat-f10/)
-   -   christmas tree 2012 (http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/everyday-chit-chat-f10/christmas-tree-2012-a-t566011.html)

clairehobby 12-17-2012 10:34 PM

christmas tree 2012

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/10...IMG_3297-1.jpg

silverbirch 12-18-2012 09:41 AM

Wow, it's beautiful!! It has that magical glow about it.

nickelini 12-18-2012 05:16 PM

What colour schemes did everyone do this year?

I saw this fabulous display at a garden shop that used rich winter whites and cocoa and chocolate colours, and that inspired me..... except in all my ornaments I had no cocoa and chocolate (so used those for my cards....if you guessed I used Close to Cocoa and Chocolate Chip, you win the prize). My teenage daughter grasped on to the idea of all white (but she didn't want any silver) . . . then we pulled all our assorted decorations out and discovered we didn't have enough white, so we made it red and white. And it's lovely.

Last year we did purple, and the year before was blue. I've collected ornaments for almost 30 years, plus I have my parents' vintage ornaments from the 50s and 60s. And lots come from Ikea. So we have lots and lots to choose from . . .some gorgeous ones, some cheap ones, and can't use them all in any one year.

WordTrix 12-18-2012 07:32 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Gorgeous tree, Claire!

Nickelini: I have a three-foot tree with solid white lights--which my one sister criticizes every year. I like the white non-blinking lights. She prefers multi-colored blinking ones. I have non-blinking multis in one window with a lighted wreath, and solid red in the one framing the Christmas tree. I can't stand blinking lights as they tend to induce headaches.

All but one ornament on my tree are handmade, and I have so many of those I have to rotate them every year. The one exception is the flocked Santa my maternal grandmother gave me for my first Christmas. He's looking a bit worn these days, but I can't imagine my tree without him. My sister still has and uses her first ornament, too. I also have a bin down in my storage locker full of store-bought ornaments (mostly Hallmark) that I have not used in years. Some day I may have a tree large enough for all of them again, but for now I like my little (apartment sized) one.

Heather

clairehobby 12-18-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverbirch (Post 19892426)
Wow, it's beautiful!! It has that magical glow about it.

the effect of taking photos just relies its light

clairehobby 12-18-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WordTrix (Post 19893214)
Gorgeous tree, Claire!

Nickelini: I have a three-foot tree with solid white lights--which my one sister criticizes every year. I like the white non-blinking lights. She prefers multi-colored blinking ones. I have non-blinking multis in one window with a lighted wreath, and solid red in the one framing the Christmas tree. I can't stand blinking lights as they tend to induce headaches.

All but one ornament on my tree are handmade, and I have so many of those I have to rotate them every year. The one exception is the flocked Santa my maternal grandmother gave me for my first Christmas. He's looking a bit worn these days, but I can't imagine my tree without him. My sister still has and uses her first ornament, too. I also have a bin down in my storage locker full of store-bought ornaments (mostly Hallmark) that I have not used in years. Some day I may have a tree large enough for all of them again, but for now I like my little (apartment sized) one.

Heather

you make me feel the christmas atmosphere,the sana is meaningful for you,and your christmas tree seems very shining,i like them,merry christmas to you,dear

nickelini 12-19-2012 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WordTrix (Post 19893214)
Gorgeous tree, Claire!

Heather

I'm with you on the blinking lights. No thanks!

Love the vintage Santa!

WordTrix 12-19-2012 06:53 PM

Thanks Claire and Nickelini!

Heather