Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Glitter Guru

Default No-No

Okay, just curious. Has anyone tried the No-No that is advertised on television? Do you like it, not like it? TIA!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-15-2013, 08:14 AM   #2
Mad Swapper

You had me curious. I checked out the ad - have never seen it on TV - and read some reviews on Amazon. Evidently it's a big NO NO don't buy.
I'll be interested to read what others think.

www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/XcessStamps
Old 01-15-2013, 09:27 AM   #3
Glitter Guru

YIKES! I just checked the amazon reviews, too. First of all, the price! Second, the reviews. I guess you're right...it's definitely a no no!
Old 01-15-2013, 05:08 PM   #4
Glitter Queen

First I'd like to state that I am in no way connected to nor do I even know the makers of this product...

I own it and it has worked wonders for me. Many people think it doesn't work because they are not willing to put in the time or don't have the patience.

There are some drawbacks that may possibly be the reason why so many people don't keep up the regimen or use it as often as they should. For one thing, you must commit to using it on a regular basis (2x to 3X per week) for an extended period of time. The second is that it can sometimes give a stinging sensation to your skin, which I'm sure a lot of people just will NOT put up with. (My mother was one of those people). HOWEVER let me tell you something, if you had facial (chin) hair growing faster and almost as thick as the hair on my head like I did, you will FIND THE TIME, STICK TO IT and BE GLAD YOU FOUND IT! As an African American, laser treatments do not work on our skin, leaving us little to nothing else to use for PERMANENT facial hair removal. If laser treatments do work for your skin and you can afford it -- then I say go for it.

I will say that I still had to get a chin wax at the nail salon when I went to get my nails done, but that was only every 3 weeks and definitely NOT permanent! I am not completely hairless yet, mainly because I lost the plug to charge it up. (I keep forgetting to buy one) But I will say I have CONSIDERABLY less facial hair than I had before I started using it!

As a matter of fact once I used it on a day I went to get my usual nail refill/chin wax (because I forgot I was getting the wax later that day). My skin was still a little red in the area where I used it, and the owner of the salon asked me why. When I told her she got SO PISSED OFF that she could barely string a sentence together. Of course she started to tell me all kinds of made up reasons about why I shouldn't use it (don't you DARE cut into her profit ) which made me snicker. Half of the reasons didn't make any sense what so ever, and I had to politely cut her off because I was tired of listening to stupid groundless claims. None of what she said has come to pass and I continued to use it long after that with no adverse effects at all. I can only ASSUME that she reacted that way because she has met her match and didn't want to lose the extra $7 she charges me for a chin wax. I am a low maintenance, high tipping (compared to her other clients) long time regular and it's giving the salons a run for their money.

PS - I am not a doctor, so I cannot vouch for whether it will be OK for anyone else to use. I am only telling about MY experience with it.
Old 01-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #5
Glitter Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by eulamarcia View Post
First I'd like to state that I am in no way connected to nor do I even know the makers of this product...

I own it and it has worked wonders for me. Many people think it doesn't work because they are not willing to put in the time or don't have the patience.

There are some drawbacks that may possibly be the reason why so many people don't keep up the regimen or use it as often as they should. For one thing, you must commit to using it on a regular basis (2x to 3X per week) for an extended period of time. The second is that it can sometimes give a stinging sensation to your skin, which I'm sure a lot of people just will NOT put up with. (My mother was one of those people). HOWEVER let me tell you something, if you had facial (chin) hair growing faster and almost as thick as the hair on my head like I did, you will FIND THE TIME, STICK TO IT and BE GLAD YOU FOUND IT! As an African American, laser treatments do not work on our skin, leaving us little to nothing else to use for PERMANENT facial hair removal. If laser treatments do work for your skin and you can afford it -- then I say go for it.

I will say that I still had to get a chin wax at the nail salon when I went to get my nails done, but that was only every 3 weeks and definitely NOT permanent! I am not completely hairless yet, mainly because I lost the plug to charge it up. (I keep forgetting to buy one) But I will say I have CONSIDERABLY less facial hair than I had before I started using it!

As a matter of fact once I used it on a day I went to get my usual nail refill/chin wax (because I forgot I was getting the wax later that day). My skin was still a little red in the area where I used it, and the owner of the salon asked me why. When I told her she got SO PISSED OFF that she could barely string a sentence together. Of course she started to tell me all kinds of made up reasons about why I shouldn't use it (don't you DARE cut into her profit ) which made me snicker. Half of the reasons didn't make any sense what so ever, and I had to politely cut her off because I was tired of listening to stupid groundless claims. None of what she said has come to pass and I continued to use it long after that with no adverse effects at all. I can only ASSUME that she reacted that way because she has met her match and didn't want to lose the extra $7 she charges me for a chin wax. I am a low maintenance, high tipping (compared to her other clients) long time regular and it's giving the salons a run for their money.

PS - I am not a doctor, so I cannot vouch for whether it will be OK for anyone else to use. I am only telling about MY experience with it.
PPS - I think the name NO NO is stupid, insipid, and does little to help it's image. NO NO sounds like something you should buy to train a puppy!
Old 01-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

I have never even heard of this thing before, but it's sounding like I'd be better off to just continue plucking my chin. WHY hair has to grow there, I don't know. Like we don't already spend enough time, effort, and money taking care of the rest of the hair on our bodies. And being women, God forgive us if we have a hair out of place, or have it somewhere it isn't "supposed" to be. Men are lucky. They can basically look like apes and not get flak for it. I must say I'm enjoying the winter, as I don't have to shave my legs as often, though, LOL.