Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2010, 04:11 PM   #241
Hardware Hotshot

PS are you a twin????????

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-28-2010, 06:57 PM   #242
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Kerriann...have a safe trip!!! Have FUN!!! Hugs!

Ok girls...as soon as I get some stuff up on the walls and get the "stuff" off my table...hopefully this weekend...I will be posting pics of my craft room. I am SO excited!!! The desk is in place, the computer is up and running (obviously), and the stamps are put away...it's just the rest.

I didn't get my ink pad holder yet. He had one he offered but there were five chips in it that I could see. He offered me a $5 discount. Um, I wanted something really nice for my $130. picky aren't I??
Operation Write Home
Old 04-29-2010, 01:00 PM   #243
Hardware Hotshot

cant wait to see your room Laurie!!!

seriously? $5? is he crazy???

Old 05-02-2010, 02:15 PM   #244
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default Un-bury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
I have to un-bury my new table so I can make Mother's Day cards. Hopefully that can happen Saturday. We moved in the rain this weekend, and it kinda sucked. The great part though was that I got to spend a few hours with my nephews. They were such good boys, so they each got a present. I had bought them movies...All Dogs go to Heaven and An American Tale. They have watched American Tale three times so far that I know of. YEAH!!! I hope you all had a great weekend!

You should come do mine too!

All Dogs Go to Heaven made me cry!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:16 PM   #245

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
WOW Vikki! look at you typin away............YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nope, i clicked on your profle and cant see any addy.
Okay. Thank you for looking.
Old 05-02-2010, 02:18 PM   #246

Quote:
havent started Moms day cards yet, well, actually i only make MY mom one, his MOTHER throws everything i make her away, so she no longer gets anything hand made!

aww....sounds like you had a good time with the nephews Laurie, and i love american tale movie.....love that song .........Somewhere out there, beneath the pale blue sky..............................................

I am making a Mom card for my mom. I am making an accordion style, I cut all the pieces and mailed them off to the siblings, nieces and nephews and greats to all sign.
As soon as I get it together I will show off! LOL

Are you kidding me?!?! OMG I'd be pissed for starters, then I'd be thinking you ungrateful....
But thats just me, I am crabby these days anyhow! LOL

Old 05-02-2010, 02:22 PM   #247

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjpp View Post
Look at you typing Vicki! I'm happy to see it. How's the pain? How's the swelling. I am in pain, no more swelling though. My hand throbs like I slammed it in a car door. I am all healed up, itchy all over my hand though, probably from being stretched so far! LOL My thumb hurts beyond words to move, and that makes no sence to me at all, Smurf bit my pinky
I already made my Mother's day cards. If you want to take a look at them, they are in my gallery. On my way there next! I made two..one for my Mom and one for my MIL.
Laurie..moving in rain...SUCKS! YES IT DOES!! Sorry, but it does. Poor you! I'm glad you wound up having a good time with your nephews. The day sounds like it actually ended in a fun way!
Holly, did you get the next pocketbook done? I hope you post a picture. Were you able to get to grill before the rain?
Today was my first day back to work after a weeks vacation. The day seemed to take FOREVER to be over. Especially because tomorrow is my day off for this week. I have some more cards to post from my vacation. I have them on my computer..just haven't got them posted onto splitcoaster yet except for my Mom's day cards.
I have to try and get my car into the garage tomorrow. My poor BIL back into it by mistake. I hate HATE dealing with car things...I really do! Give me a toilet to clean, a cat box to clean, scrubbing anything..I'm ok. I do HATE to even drive a car to a garage. I feel like they see me coming..a women who knows nothing about a car except the gas goes into that thingy there in the back..lololllol. Any of you guys have something that you just hate to do?
They hate to see me coming, I took 2 yrs mechanics so I argue! LOL

I hate folding laundry, I am so picky about how its done too. You'd think I would just shove it in a drawer so I could walk away sooner! LOL
Old 05-02-2010, 02:23 PM   #248

Quote:
what do i hate? LIVER LIVER LIVER!!!!!!!!!

had to eat as a kid and promised myself NEVER to eat when i grew up or make my kid eat it LOL.................never have either ha ha

the mere thought makes me gag!! LOL

OMG Me too. My mother loves that nasty stuff. She will tease me that she is making is for dinner when I am there just to see me quiver!

Clint took burger out one night to thaw. I was tired when i got home and just unwrapped it and was going to season it up for meatloaf. IT WAS SLIMMY LIVER!

He shares our opinion of that stuff too! Thankfully!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:25 PM   #249

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerriannb View Post
Hi Girls,

Just a quick hello, as I haven't been on for a while. Life here is incredibably hectic at the moment for some reason. Tis the season I think!
My stupid depression has reared its ugly head again, and I have been a bit down, and not with it, but I am working hard on getting on with it all. My sister and I are going on a scrapbooking retreat this weekend (it is a long weekend here). Awesome I wanna come too! It is both of our birthdays this weekend and this is our birthday present. We leave tomorrow and I have not got anything organised as yet, so need to get my act together. What does that word mean? I don't think I have ever heard of it! LOL I have the photos I need, but nothing else. We will be really spoiled as we are going to a 4.5 star resort near the beach at Newcastle in New South Wales, which is about an hours flight away. Lots of relaxing, a bit of scrapping and a few sleep ins are all part of the plan. It is the longest my sister will be away from her 16 month old daughter and she is looking forward to being able to sleep past 5.30am!
Hope you all have a great weekend, and are getting ready for Mother's Day next weekend!!
I hope you and your sis have a great time!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:26 PM   #250

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Kerriann...have a safe trip!!! Have FUN!!! Hugs!

Ok girls...as soon as I get some stuff up on the walls and get the "stuff" off my table...hopefully this weekend...I will be posting pics of my craft room. I am SO excited!!! The desk is in place, the computer is up and running (obviously), and the stamps are put away...it's just the rest.

I didn't get my ink pad holder yet. He had one he offered but there were five chips in it that I could see. He offered me a $5 discount. Um, I wanted something really nice for my $130. picky aren't I??
No way, $5? Please! Yeah for $130 I'd be expecting NICE, not dented dinged or scratched!

Can't wait ofr pics!
Old 05-02-2010, 02:57 PM   #251
Stazon Splitcoast

Pics are going to have to wait. The table is better, but not good enough to post pics...you know?

Tom I think is getting antsy that I haven't worked harder to get unpacked. I'm sorry...I just don't have the ambition. He has been down with a cold all week, and just sleepy. I understand, but watching him sleep doesn't make me feel like working at unpacking either...ya know...that and his constantly telling me I need to sort my stuff and get rid of stuff cuz I have too much....WHATEVER. Maybe I will rent a storage unit.
Operation Write Home
Old 05-04-2010, 06:42 PM   #252

Oh tttthhhhhppppp on Tom!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:17 PM   #253
Stazon Splitcoast

His job has been giving him grief. I feel bad. He doesn't deserve that crap...ya know?
Operation Write Home
Old 05-05-2010, 04:48 PM   #254
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Laurie, tell Tom to get rid of some of HIS stuff, then there would be plenty of room for yours...ha ha.........

hey Vikki, good to see you on here again!

Old 05-05-2010, 04:53 PM   #255
Hardware Hotshot

the past several days have been insanely busy, but yesterday i had a bit of time to play with my new toy, the cricut create...........dont know why i ever waited so long to get one!
amazing lil bug!

i started on some lil covered notebooks tonight too using the Tim Holtz caged bird die....will post pics sooon.

saturday is suppose to be stormy so maybe i will have some play time.

i will need some time to de-stress before Sunday, we are having the family in for dinner! yikes!!! hope it will go smoothly............monster in law will be here, but i should be able to survive an hr or so LOL.............................

Old 05-06-2010, 05:30 AM   #256
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly, I had one of those monster-in-laws too. When Tom & I divorced, she told him she just could not figure out why we didn't get along. I told him the honest to God truth of it all, and he was of course on his Mom's side. Whatever.

Saturday we are having a Mother's Day cookout at my brothers. Hope the weather holds. We have the nephews for the weekend, and that is so exciting! They are 4 and 2 and very much love their Gamma (my Mom).
Operation Write Home
Old 05-07-2010, 06:01 AM   #257
Crimping Master

Send a message via AIM to Kjpp

Hello everyone! I've been busy and haven't had much time to chat. Work has been crazy and then I had a big visit with the market manager yesterday. I'm working tonight, so I thought I'd pop over and see what's going on.
Holly, I hope Sunday goes well for you. What are you making for dinner?
Laurie, Enjoy your weekend with the little ones. That sounds like a great time. I'm a bit jealous...no little ones around here. Did you get your stamp pad holder yet? I can't believe he was offering only 5 bucks off! You're right...hold out for a nice one.
Vicki..how is that hand? Is your thumb feeling better? What are your plans for the weekend?
Well, we just had to replace the water heater...that was a cool 900 bucks! Guess I won't be buying any stamping items for a long long time! Thank god I have enough supplies to last me a good couple of years. Ugh! I hate money..or the lack of it! I'm off for Sunday. My kids are taking me to the movies for Mom's day. That's all I want. It's hard to get them both together now that they have their own lives. I am taking my mom out for breakfast also. I'm hoping to take tomorrow off so that I can take her out on Saturday. It will be too busy on Sunday at the breakfast place with all the Mother's day families there. She doesn't do well in the crowds. If I get tomorrow off, I'll check back while I'm making cards.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:34 AM   #258
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Karen, I will check Monday to see if there is a tax rebate for water heaters. Not sure about that....still....what a bummer!!!

The guy at StampNStorage told me it will be June sometime before I get my ink pad holder. Family stuff going on. I can understand that. I am the go to person in family crisis...so I get it.

I found a really cool Mother's Day card for my Mom in my stash. We made it at a stamp camp last year. I had saved it, and I am really impressed I was able to find it! Whew! We got Mom a hanging basket full of pansies and some food for her bird feeders. She just loves to watch all the birds come up to her feeders.

I hope you all have a great Mother's Day!

Hugs!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 05-07-2010, 10:52 AM   #259
Hardware Hotshot

Hey Karen,
so sorry to hear about the water heater, they always go at the worst times dont they? UGH.........................

we are doing a simple dinner sunday, sandwhiches platter, salads, fruits, and dessert.
the MIL and i use to get along somewhat, as long as she was center of attention. but the past 4 yrs my folks have gone through medical he** and are now the center of my days for the most part and she just cant handle it!

but any ol ways, i stay away from her as much as poss and go about my days! i will not let her get the best of me in the end LOL

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and Moms day................(((((( HUGS))))))))

Old 05-08-2010, 08:10 AM   #260

Here's a bizarre twist on MIL.. I married Brian way back in the 80's. His mom and i got along great! way better then me and my biological mother!
In 1993 we divorced. Brian wanted nothing to do with the kids, if he couldn't have me, he didn't want them. but Judy was heart broken thinking she would never see them again. Not a chance!
I would drive up (40 miles) and let her have them for a weekend, I even stayed over a few times. She came and stayed with me on a few occasions.
In 1996 Brian fell on hard times and was staying with her, he really freaked out at how much time I spent there. He never showed it in front of the kids, they thought it was great to see him.
We moved 5 hours away in 1997 - 2003
He re married, (one of my friends!) we got along just fine, up until the kids were done with school and he no longer paid child support! WEIRD! Now she is convinced I want him back!
I left him because he liked to box me around when drunk later I found out that he was using drugs of the powder sort!

anyhow.. I introduced Judy to a friend of mine her age, the dated a bit, then she met another man that lives just 3 miles from me now.
She is over here every weekend doing cards and what ever.

Judy is so excited about me getting married, she wants to help me do everything, we are having the reception at her and Leon's house. they have a beautiful yard surrounded be pine trees.

We are waiting for a call back from a Pastor we know, to see if he do the ceremony there too, otherwise it will be at the courthouse.

My mother when she finds out we are getting married will be very negative, she was married 4 times, has 5 children and none of us have the same dad, she has no clue who my real dad is,. She was so angry with me for leaving Brian.

Anyhow.. tomorrow, my plans will be the same as today's! Sitting here cleaning my desk! It has become a disaster area! LOL
Old 05-08-2010, 08:15 AM   #261

Now to confess my biggest DORK moment of my life!

as most of you know I have been unable to do any cards in April.. so I had a b'day card I really needed to do, it had to be late!
I got one made, but seemed to have lost my sheet of address' so I emailed the recipient.
I put the card in and envelope, did not seal it,
did not address it other than her name, no return address on it, no stamp.

Somehow I mixed it in with mail ready to go and off it went!
I went into the PO and pleaded for any possible way to retrieve it.. sure write a letter to DEAD MAIL in GA!
GA, it hadn't even been 12 hours since I did it, how did it leave MN so fast!?!?!

Anyhow, can any of you top that one?! LOL
Old 05-08-2010, 09:51 AM   #262

Hey chekc this out!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/re...sionalflowers/

I thnk its awesome, but I do not have any Grunge paper to try it out... anyone know if that matters!?!?!
Old 05-08-2010, 09:52 AM   #263

Okay girls ready for this?

I have the wording for our invitations

Clint and Vikki sitting in a tree
K.I.S.S.I.N.G
Old 05-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #264

OOPS, DON'T KNOW HOW i DID THAT POST.

First comes love, then comes marriage.

Now, comes the party to celebrate the marriage..

If we get married at the courthouse.

but if we have the get married at Judy's...

First comes love,

now comes marriage.
Old 05-08-2010, 09:55 AM   #265
Stazon Splitcoast

You crack me up Vikki!
Operation Write Home
Old 05-08-2010, 10:23 AM   #266

Default Why God made Mom's

I just got this email and had to share

Answers given by 2nd grade school children to the following questions:

Why did God make mothers?

1. She's the only one who knows where the scotch tape is.

2. Mostly to clean the house.

3. To help us out of there when we were getting born.

How did God make mothers?

1. He used dirt, just like for the rest of us.

2. Magic plus super powers and a lot of stirring.

3. God made my mom just the same like he made me. He just used bigger parts.

What ingredients are mothers made of?

1. God makes mothers out of clouds and angel hair and everything nice in the world and one dab of mean.

2. They had to get their start from men's bones. Then they mostly use string, I think.

Why did God give you your mother and not some other mom?

1. We're related.

2. God knew she likes me a lot more than other people's moms like me.

What kind of a little girl was your mom?

1. My mom has always been my mom and none of that other stuff.

2. I don't know because I wasn't there, but my guess would be pretty bossy.

3. They say she used to be nice.

What did mom need to know about dad before she married him?

1. His last name.

2. She had to know his background. Like is he a crook? Does he get drunk on beer?

3. Does he make at least $800 a year? Did he say NO to drugs and YES to chores?

Why did your mom marry your dad?

1. My dad makes the best spaghetti in the world. And my mom eats a lot.

2. She got too old to do anything else with him.

3. My grandma says that mom didn't have her thinking cap on.

Who's the boss at your house?

1. Mom doesn't want to be boss, but she has to because dad's such a goof ball.

2. Mom. You can tell by room inspection. She sees the stuff under the bed.

3. I guess mom is, but only because she has a lot more to do than dad.

What' s the difference between moms and dads?

1. Moms know how to talk to teachers without scaring them.

2. Dads are taller and stronger, but moms have all the real power 'cause that's who you got to ask if you want to sleep over at your friends.

3. Moms have magic, they make you feel better without medicine.

What does your mom do in her spare time?

1. Mothers don't do spare time

2. To hear her tell it, she pays bills all day long.

What would it take to make your mom perfect?

1. On the inside she's already perfect. Outside, I think some kind of plastic surgery.

2. Diet. You know, her hair. I'd diet, maybe blue.

If you could change one thing about your mom, what would it be?

1. She has this weird thing about me keeping my room clean. I'd get rid of that.

2. I'd make my mom smarter. Then she would know it was my sister who did it not me.

3. I would like for her to get rid of those invisible eyes on the back of her head.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:52 AM   #267
Stazon Splitcoast

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 05-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #268

Happy Mother's Day Ladies!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 12:42 PM   #269
Hardware Hotshot

Vikki! you are too funny!!!

I'm sorry your ex was such a jerk, but it sounds like you found a true jem in his mom, keep her close, she is a rare lady!!! (((((HUGS)))) to both of you!

well, the dinner went pretty smoothly, she did make a few cutting remarks but when i chose to ignore them she left me alone. one was about my hair, shes just jealous cause she has scarecrow hair. and one was about my craft room.....she doesnt have a creative bone in her ugly old body LOL her hobbies are sleeping and smoking like a freight train.

my folks seemed to really enjoy them selves. they are so easy to make happy though!

anyways, i am hoping for some time to craft soon. that material is calling to me...sew me sew me........

Old 05-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #270
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Hey chekc this out!

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/re...sionalflowers/

I thnk its awesome, but I do not have any Grunge paper to try it out... anyone know if that matters!?!?!

beautiful!
i bet you could take an old book and glue several pages together to get the thickness then cut them out. they look pretty thick. or maybe glue a page to a cereal box then cut?

Old 05-10-2010, 02:12 PM   #271
Stazon Splitcoast

They are so pretty, but I would be sure to muck it up good! I don't do paper flowers well...however...Vikki, I know you would make them pretty!

My Ex MIL once told me that my cleaning (as in the house cleaning) is challenging to her. She is one that is up at 6:30 Saturday morning windexing the mirrors. Not me. My home is not a showcase. It's a home to be lived in. She can cram her challenge.

They are calling for rain the next few days. Bummer! I hope the weekend is nice though. We have some outside stuff to do. Wish it would warm up and stay warm. Tomorrow's high temp is only 45. Brrr!

Ok, I have a lil bit of stuff to do, and then I found a ziploc Gallon size bag 1/2 full of card fronts that need to be made into cards. I go to a shoebox swap every October, and we donate cards to Ronald McDonald house. There is one about 20 minutes drive from my house. Anyways...I go thru my stash and give most of them to RMHC. Then I start over with swaps and stuff. It's fun, and I love that it goes to a charity. I have friends that have stayed at RMH, and they are good to their guests.

Sorry...didn't mean to babble on!
Operation Write Home
Old 05-11-2010, 03:04 PM   #272

Good idea.. RMHC takes cards? I had no idea.

Good idea.. pages on cereal box. I have to try this!

Not doing well today. I was at the clinic for too long! grr. I am thinking its my Lymes Flaring up and nothing to do with the cat bite. I think that is an all done issue! Sure hope so.

Laurie you can babble;e away any day!
Old 05-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #273

Oh hey, Laurie has a b'day coming up this month. Want her address?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:38 AM   #274
Stazon Splitcoast

Yes. We donate to RMHC each year. I think it's neat. If you have to be there and say...you remember someone's birthday, but don't have time or energy to go out and get a card...they can use one that we donated!
Operation Write Home
Old 05-12-2010, 02:07 PM   #275
Crimping Master

Hi Girls,
I am sitting here in the quiet having my cup of cammomile tea and toast with vegemite & thought I would pop in and say hi. I have both boys home sick, one with the flu and the other with his asthma & I am fighting the flu - hence the cammomile (to calm me) and the vegemite (because there is nothing better than vegemite ontoast when you are sick).
I had a group of girlfriends over on Saturday afternoon for a much needed catch up and we had a great time. Mothers Day was quiet, which suited me fine.
The cold weather has finally hit us and I am sitting in my flannel jamas and ugg boots. I don't like winter, but I do ove my winter jamas! Will have to go and buy the dog a new coat later. She was a puppy last winter and spent most nights inside, but now she is a 'big' dog, I don't think she will get that luxury, so a coat it will have to be!
Anyway, I need to study as I haven't looked at my books for ages and we only have about 6 weeks left in this semester.

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au
Old 05-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #276
Stazon Splitcoast

Hey Kerri, good to see you! Hope you enjoyed some tea for me too!
Operation Write Home
Old 05-13-2010, 05:06 PM   #277
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Kerriann,
hope you and the boys feel better soon. so, tell me about vegemite? whats it taste like??? ooooh...i love winter jammies! we were warm and drizzly today, supose to be the same tomorrow.
just might be able to stay in my jammies and play with the cricut, or sew.............maybe...its a big word sometimes LOL....................

Old 05-13-2010, 05:20 PM   #278
Crimping Master

I knew someone would ask about the vegemite. It has quite a strange taste. It is definately savoury and a lot of people use a bit of it in gravy instead of something like worcestershire sauce. I like it with lots of butter so it's not too strong, but lots of people pile it on like jam or peanut butter. It is definately an acquired taste and I am pretty sure only Australians like it and that is only because we have been brought up with it. It is a yeast extract with a bit of salt and water in it. Sounds wonderful, doesn't it?
Boys are still sick, Mitch has the flue and Bug has asthma (his main trigger is weather change and we have had the cold arrive). I am fighting hard to not catch anything, and won't get any sicker, as this is a POSITIVE thread!!!
We have my Dad and a frind of his spending the weekend as he is coming down to a church conference. We won't see them much, but we live about 1klm from where it is being held, so it will be handy gor them. I only have to have a meal for them tonight (pumpkin soup, marinated chicken drumsticks and pasta bake) and breakfast tomorrow and Sunday, so they will be no bother. As always Mum is sending some leftovers (she has a catering business), so there will be stuff to go in the freezer!

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au
Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 PM   #279
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh...your mom does catering...YUM!!!! I have always wanted to try pumpkin soup...never have though. Sounds so yummy!!!

Stay healthy girlfriend!

Ok...I MUST make a birthday card....it has to go in the mail tomorrow.....Sheesh! Nothing like waiting til the very last minute right?!
Operation Write Home
Old 05-14-2010, 02:47 PM   #280
Hardware Hotshot

hmm...i like savory foods! wish i could taste it!

pumpkin soup sounds yummy, i've had butternut squash soup....was delish

how is everyone? hope you all have a good weekend. DH has to work sunday so will have some playtime with the cricut!