Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2013, 12:35 PM   #11161
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

Huge Hugs Vikki Jo! sheesh, when it rains it pours....and family sure s*ck sometimes dont they????

i finally was able to sit still long enough to update my blog! sooo, hop on over and tell me whatcha think!

Our power has been flickering today, i'm guessing there was line work needed after the high winds we had all nite into the wee hrs this morning!

if we dont lose it again, i will build a Cajun Beef Casserole for dinner, its an old fav and i'm just not feeling creative in the dinner dept tonite, LOL..........

nuttin exciting to share today.........

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 02-02-2013, 08:57 AM   #11162
Hardware Hotshot

HAPPY GROUNDHOG DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i havent heard the results yet....lets hope for an early spring!!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:05 AM   #11163
Pearl-ExPert

According to Punxsutawney Phil, we're supposed to have an early spring... I'm hoping we get a bunch of snow between now and then so it's a good year for farmers with plenty of moisture in the soil!

Been catching up on laundry and some cleaning... all of which seems to be multiplying quite rapidly today or maybe just my imagination...anyway hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Last edited by katlady2; 02-02-2013 at 10:07 AM.. Reason: i can't spell punxsutawney!
Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #11164
Hardware Hotshot

Default i am worried about Barb!

She has not posted here in a long time,.......and that is not like her!!

Barb....Please pop in so we know you are ok!!

we miss ya!

Old 02-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #11165
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

I am fine--thanks for thinking about me!
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Birthday Cards for Adults and Children ~ Due September 25th
Back to School Cards ~ Due October 1st ~ With Prizes!
New Card Swap ~ Fall Colors ~ Due October 17th ~ With Prizes
Old 02-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #11166
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning!

Didn't get the laundry caught completely up so will be finishing today, but it's progress. Been having to put Jordan's little rocker in front of the heat vent on the floor to keep the cat(s) from laying on it, the orange tabby especially! She lays completely over it and then acts almost drugged when you move her off... can't blame her, I like to be warm too! Back in the 20's with wind chills that have been in the below zero range.
Hoping to get inky today... if the mojo comes for a visit...

Hi Joyce! Nice to see you stopping by!

Barb, glad you popped back in!

Sue, how are you doing??

Everyone have a great Sunday! Or, Kerriann, in your case it may already be Monday!
Old 02-03-2013, 06:25 AM   #11167
Stazon Splitcoast

Morning everyone, welcome to February!!

Won't be long and we'll be seeing muddy yards and tulips peeking through.

Been dealing with being cold all the time. Have a MD appt set up for the end of the month. It may be my thyroid that's giving me issues. Otherwise, I've been staying healthy.

Work sucks, these 12-13 days (with commute) are kicking my butt. When I do have a day off, I get nothing done because I'm so wore out. Oh well, each day gets me one day closer to retirement.

Haven't gotten inky in a long time. Lots of ideas, but no energy to carry them out.

Still trying to save every dime I can toward the new roof. Don't think I'll be buying any new stampin' stuff until the roof is on. That's okay, I have plenty of stuff to use - just have to either use it or move it out the door.

Not going to watch the Super Bowl tonight - going to watch a movie. Been seeing it advertised on the Lifetime channel and am hoping my mind hasn't been playing tricks with me and it's actually on tonight.

Vicki - wish I could win the lottery, I'd sure help you out. WOW - having some of the same kind of issues with my family too. Hope things start to improve for you.

Better get off here and get something done - tomorrow's another work day.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #11168
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Hi everyone! I survived January...now the rest of tax season is upon us! I can do it!

I am cold a lot lately too, and I don't know why. Yesterday I had a terrible headache. I actually had to lay down and sleep a better part of the afternoon away to get it to be tolerable. Nuts!

It's cold here, and when it does warm up a little bit, it snows. We haven't had any blizzards or anything, but we have plenty of snow for my liking. We are supposed to get another 2-5 tonight. Not so exciting.

I am working away at getting my swaps done for the shoebox swap I am attending on Saturday (the 9th). It should be a nice time. There is only one lady that's going to be attending that I don't get along with. We should be fine though.

Not much else is new. Not much time for anything else!
Hugs!
Operation Write Home
Old 02-04-2013, 04:20 AM   #11169
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

no snow here even though it was in the forecast last night.

If I won the lottery (depending on how big it is) I'd replace this trailer house for starters.
2. Pay off the property to be done with in laws.... they have stressed me too far this time!
3. Pay for you girls to all come visit! Oh wait, I'd get us a cruise ship or a yacht and go South and pick up Kerriann, then spend some time away just us girls getting inky!
Bring Cheyenne too so she can go for all the walks around deck she wants to and be warm!

Well I am going to go see what I missed for VSBN this past wknd
Old 02-04-2013, 12:41 PM   #11170
Crimping Master

Good morning world,

Bug went back to school yesterday. This was the end of their first day..... Just a bit excited. The other boys are the two Matts'. He has been at school with them since we moved here and he started year three. They both live within a few blocks of us.

I did some gardening yesterday. I have pulled a lot of plants out, so it is looking a little bare. I bought a mulcher the other day and am mulching all the garden waste. I have been shredding heaps and am putting the shredded paper down first. Browny thinks that paper looks awful - white everywhere - you think????? Like I was going to leave it that way..... Bug and I put down some grass seeds out the front where there is no grass (where the big tree was), so hopefully they will grow. The outdoor area is clean and tidy - which will last until the end of today and Sally starts making a mess.

Today I get to finish the ironing and then I plan to do some more mulching. Ang go and buy a new spade - I have broken two in the last week?????
Attached Thumbnails
601646_10151311790250787_453656013_n.jpg  

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au
Old 02-05-2013, 01:10 PM   #11171
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerriannb View Post
Good morning world,

Bug went back to school yesterday. This was the end of their first day..... Just a bit excited. The other boys are the two Matts'. He has been at school with them since we moved here and he started year three. They both live within a few blocks of us.

I did some gardening yesterday. I have pulled a lot of plants out, so it is looking a little bare. I bought a mulcher the other day and am mulching all the garden waste. I have been shredding heaps and am putting the shredded paper down first. Browny thinks that paper looks awful - white everywhere - you think????? Like I was going to leave it that way..... Bug and I put down some grass seeds out the front where there is no grass (where the big tree was), so hopefully they will grow. The outdoor area is clean and tidy - which will last until the end of today and Sally starts making a mess.

Today I get to finish the ironing and then I plan to do some more mulching. Ang go and buy a new spade - I have broken two in the last week?????

Love the photo Kerriann, such a handsome bunch of young men!!

Old 02-05-2013, 01:12 PM   #11172
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

good to see everyone popping in! Where is Dawn??? hope she is ok!!

not much excitement here lately, nice quiet weekend, but busy week of running! i should have one day to myself for stampin though!

Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #11173

psst hey girls Joyce has a b'day coming up very soon!
Old 02-05-2013, 03:39 PM   #11174

Sue love the new name
Old 02-07-2013, 08:08 PM   #11175
Stazon Splitcoast

Yay! Sue got her name changed! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheyenne would love all of the people on the cruise ship...especially if they all dropped lil pieces of food here and there! She is being a lil stinker about eating lately. I'm sure it's separation anxiety with my longer hours. Brad and Katie (my FABULOUS - would be lost without them neighbors) have hand fed her, and actually I have had to lately a couple of times as well.

What's new? Our local grocery stores have been having some decent sales, but we need to restock the freezer with meat. Waiting for our Piggly Wiggly to have chicken on sale again. They had these huge bags of chicken breasts on sale for cheap. I am leery about buying meat from Target. I could also stand to make a Sam's Club run. Milk has sure gone up in price lately too I've noticed. Sheesh! Where do you girls shop? What about buying meat at places like Target and Walmart...thoughts???

We got a bunch of snow today. Good packing for snowball fights or snowman building. Cheyenne just enjoys eating it! She LOVES it. She eats so much snow she doesn't drink much water. I have to be careful though. That leg is getting more and more sensitive.

Work is going well considering. My head hurts a lot lately, but I am surviving. One of the payroll company reps I work with stopped in today with a can of Raspberry Pomegranate Refresher by Starbucks for me. OMG it was so yummy. I had never had one before.

Dawn, Barb and I will be at a shoebox swap together on Saturday. Dawn's sister will be there too. Looking forward to seeing you all! I look forward to laughing and having fun. I need to charge the camera battery phone to take pics of my cards. I joined the Any Occasion as well as the Christmas swaps besides the shoebox. I did a sympathy card for the Any Occasion.

Ok, I need to get to bed. I'm so sleepy! TTYL!
Operation Write Home
Old 02-08-2013, 03:29 AM   #11176
Pearl-ExPert

Morning ladies.

Laurie, I don't usually shop at either of those stores for meat. I don't like the quality for the price. I try to get most of my meats at the Amish grocery or butcher shop if I can. When I can't I shop for it at Beachys, I go to the local grocery stores and am really careful about beef purchases, especially hamburger... some of the 'ground beef' is 1/3 fat and I am not spending my hard earned $$$ that way. Pre-packed boneless, skinless chicken breast is about the only thing I think is worth getting at either Walmart or Target because of the price. I actually like the breast tenders better, but these don't go on sale as frequently. Have a great time at the swap this weekend.

Everyone have a great weekend!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 06:07 AM   #11177
Stazon Splitcoast

Hi Grace! It's so good to see you! I love the chicken tenders as well, but I agree, they do not go on sale very often! I too am very particular about hamburger. Some of the stuff we get around here just smells funky when you are cooking it. Odd for being in Wisconsin where we have PLENTY of beef!
Operation Write Home
Old 02-08-2013, 11:06 AM   #11178
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls...well, i thought we were having a monsoon last nite and i would wake up in Oz! LOL

today has been a mix of drizzle and sun, soup and grilled cheese is on the menu.

I get all of our "dry goods" at Walmart, milk there has gone up as has most produce.
i get meats at the commissary, its the only thing i truly save on there anymore too.

oh, and i do get a few things at the dollar tree...pasta, chips, mixes that type of thing.

our walmart doesnt have gas, so i go to the closest station, lol.....no driving around to save a penny here! not in a truck i use to be very bad about riding on empty, like the light is on empty!....not now, i stay as close to half as poss in between.........

Old 02-08-2013, 01:19 PM   #11179
Crimping Master

Hi Girls

Just to throwm my 2 cents worth in......
I buy the bulk of my meat from a little butcher/abbotior that is about two hours away. This is a bit of a pain, but they have the best meat ever, and they kill it all themselves. So, when I ask for a heart they don't look at me stupid, they ask if I want a beef or lamb one. I buy in bulk and spend about $400 every 3 1/2 months or so. As far as supermarkets go (we have Coles, Woolworths, IGA which is a group of independants who have got together, and then the newest and best of the all - Aldi. I buy most of the meat bits and pieces from Aldi - all my chicken, generally, but also pick up the good specials from the others. I have also been known to be at certain supermarkets as certain times to ensure that I get the stuff they are marking down. My eyes are now trained to see the mark down stickers.......

I went to fold art yesterday for the first time this year. Tracy has lots of lovely new things for us to do. I started on a thing for Dad. It is his 70'th birthday next month. It was one of the girls birthdays the day before so we went for lunch and a few more girls turned up. I had to leave early so that I could meet the plumber. The flusher in our toilet has been dicky for ages. I finally got around to calling the plumber and it died - dead. Anyway, I know have two new toilets and he has order new ignitor things for my gas stove top so that it stops making the annoying clicking sound like it is trying to light all the time. For a grand total of $430, which I didn't think was just too bad.

This morning I have a bit of tidying to do around the house. I need to run out and get a couple of things. A small camping clothesline is on special today and I am going to bake a fish for dinner tonight, so I need to get that from the fish place. Browny will be home later this afternoon with a weeks worth of washing. Mitchell is asleep on the couch and Bug needs to mow - again. Fun times....

Because I Can........

Old 02-08-2013, 04:14 PM   #11180
Pearl-ExPert

Kerriann,

Interesting that you have Aldi & IGA. Aldi is a growing chain here now with more options than 30 years ago. Unfortunately in our immediate area, IGA has pretty much become a thing of the past. There is still one in my home town, but I'm not sure of any other ones that are closer. Not bad for prices on the plumbing repairs.
Enjoy your weekend! I'm hoping for a relaxing one!!!

TTYL!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #11181
Pearl-ExPert

Holly, glad the rain didn't wash you away! Dinner tonight was a pizza tossed in the oven with a salad.

Laurie, the good beef is shipped out of state... Texas, I think... LOL!

Sue, meant to post earlier, love the new name!

Been a long crazy week at work... commission calculations this month are a beast and I have 3 more sets to go. At least it keeps me busy and out of trouble, most days... LOL!!!

I'm offline for the night.

CAIO!!!!!!
Old 02-08-2013, 11:59 PM   #11182
Crimping Master

Our house is going on for 27 years old and just about everything except the inside paint is original. So, this year it is all getting fixed/replaced/redone. The toilets were the first thing. I will start with the cheaper things and gradually work my way up to the floors and the other yucky stuff.

Today I sprayed the weeds on the paths around the house. Since the last lot of rain they are getting ridiculous. Did two loads of washing. It was cloudy all day but didn't rain so it all dried. Browny will be home soon with heaps more and it is supposed to rain for the next few days, so it looks like the dryer will get a work out.

I got (what I think) was the flu about the middle of the week before last. I still have a head full of yuck and it is turning a lovely green colour, so I will try to head off to the Doctor tomorrow. I have a horrid headache, which I think is mainly from blowing my nose. Delightful....

Anyways, Bug is at work and Browny is due home any minute. The fish is cooked and I will throw some chips on when he gets here.

Because I Can........

Old 02-09-2013, 12:53 PM   #11183
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

Laurie, i hope Miss Chey feels better soon, too bad you cant set up the comp to Skype her from work,

Barb, whatcha up to???

Grace, hope you get a break form work soon

Vikki Jo, whre are ya girlie?

Sue, congrats on the name change

Kerriann...will you be doing the co-op basket this year?? i love hearing what yummy goodies you get in them!

Dawn...where ya at?????

went to a SU class this morning, fun group of girls, most of us are in a club together too! then i came home and just muddled around, got the laundry done etc etc.

dinner is in the crock....

2 large cube steaks, dont pre cook
1 can diced tomatoes, dont drain
28oz tomatoe sauce
a good splash of italian salad dressing...just under 1/4 cup i guess
italian seasonings
garlic

let simmer all day, and just before serving shread the meat, mix back in, serve over rice or pasta....

easy peasy

we'll have bread and salads too.

tomorrow nite the walking dead returns, so will be glued to the tube!

not much else planned for the weekend

ooh.....also putting child locks on the cubbies, LOL....Caesar has figured out how to open them and gets into stuff, the lil stinker! hope this stops him

Old 02-10-2013, 08:06 AM   #11184
Pearl-ExPert

Morning girls.

Got up at 10:00 a.m. - can't tell you the last time I slept that late unless I was sick! Jodi & the girls are coming out today so it will be fun.

Holly, two of our cats know how to open cabinets and have done it since they were kittens. One will do it just to get the door to bang for our attention, other times she gets it open, then climbs in, and plays hide & seek by pushing the door open from inside. Some days I think we live in a zoo! At least it's not boring around here! LOL...

Have a great day!
Old 02-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #11185
Crimping Master

Good Morning Girls!

I have been to the year 12 Dedication Service this morning. I am so proud of my boys - Bug and a group of boys that all started school together in year 3. Big Matt is school captian, Matt K is organising the school formal and Callum and Josiah are on the executive committee. Jillian has been at church and youth with them all since the same year. Are they not all beautiful?
With the help of his other Mum's we got a picture of Bug smiling - YAAY!!

I have lots of housework to do today. Four load of washing to fold and iron, the dusting, vacuming and the kitchen is a mess. I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon as the grunge in my head had turned green and is pouring out of my nose and throat and blocking my ears. Much fun!
Attached Thumbnails
005.jpg   010.jpg  

Because I Can........

Old 02-10-2013, 04:47 PM   #11186
Stazon Splitcoast

Nice looking group of young men there Kerriann!
Operation Write Home
Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 PM   #11187
Crimping Master

Yes - they are looking beautiful, aren't they?

Because I Can........

Old 02-11-2013, 12:02 PM   #11188
Stazon Splitcoast

Very handsome!

How is everyone doing? The wind is so chilly today. I think there is a beef roast in the slow cooker at home, so that will be good comfort food on a day like today!
Operation Write Home
Old 02-11-2013, 03:10 PM   #11189
Pearl-ExPert

Hi girls.

Great pics Kerriann. Really good looking group, love all the smiles!

worked with a migraine all day today... UGH... going to take one of my prescription tablets and hit the hay really early.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Old 02-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #11190
Crimping Master

I have only recently surfaced for the day. I have been on antibiotics and steroids for hours and it seems they have kicked in. Summer colds/flu things are the worst.

Tomorrow I need to do lots of housework. Washing, ironing, vacuming, bathrooms and dusting. I also need to organise a load of topsoil for the front yard. I need to do the weekly paperwork - only two days later than usual.

No craft, but I am waiting for something in the mail. It should be here tomorrow.

Because I Can........

Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 AM   #11191
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--hope you have a great Tuesday!
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Birthday Cards for Adults and Children ~ Due September 25th
Back to School Cards ~ Due October 1st ~ With Prizes!
New Card Swap ~ Fall Colors ~ Due October 17th ~ With Prizes
Old 02-12-2013, 10:05 AM   #11192
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

Grace...yuck on the migraine, they are horrible things! Hope you fell better soon

Kerriann, i hope you feel better soon too, and what a handsome group of young men, and a sweet little lady too!!

Barb, good to see you!!!

Old 02-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #11193
Hardware Hotshot

well, Robert has been in an ill mood since sunday, when the washer went bazerk on spin cycle.......they do get off balance now and then you know! sheesh.......

i tried to tell him that the da*m thing IS 6 1/2 yrs old, and i use it almost every stinking day.......well he had to call a repair guy......... who just left.................

$90 later and guess what??? NOTHING is wrong with it....the floor isnt level so he suggested putting it on plywood to give it a better footing.....it also has a bad build up of soap, which he said will clog the gears and whatever.......he said liquid soap is bad and to use powder. i also always wash in cold which he said isnt good either.....he said at least once a month to run a load in either hot or warm to get rid of build up.........................

soooo, we shall see if the wood works...................

then he came home in a bad mood from work yesterday and was just crabby about everything, and has the nerve to tell me that my hair is dry and maybe i should try using conditioner.............OMG! REALLY???

i felt like yelling at him that at least I HAVE HAIR and maybe he should try growing some, and then warn him to sleep with one eye open......but i decided a cold shoulder would get him better.......HA........

sooooo, we shall see what mood he is in tonite.......... it had best be a better one..............

Old 02-12-2013, 11:15 AM   #11194
Stazon Splitcoast

I do most of my laundry with cold water too, altho bedding and towels and other whites are done in hot water. Interesting. I use homemade laundry soap, and it is liquid. Interesting.

Wow! He was making comments about your hair! He WAS in a mood. Uff da!
Operation Write Home
Old 02-12-2013, 11:36 AM   #11195
Hardware Hotshot

oh yes, he was grouching about anything and everything! he was even grouchy to his mom, which i usually find funny......... sheesh....maybe i need to slip him some midol or somethin!

thats how he gets tho, instead of just dealing with the problem he creates more for himself.....typical man! LOL............

Old 02-12-2013, 11:38 AM   #11196
Stazon Splitcoast

I know! Why do they do that? I like the Midol idea.
Operation Write Home
Old 02-12-2013, 11:42 AM   #11197
Hardware Hotshot

men are a mystery of stupid, LOL...........

Old 02-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #11198
Hardware Hotshot

Caesar on the other hand was quite the little gentleman while the guy was here, LOL
he just kinda watched and snooped a little in his tool bag, i think he was hopeing there were treats in there,

Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 PM   #11199
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
oh yes, he was grouching about anything and everything! he was even grouchy to his mom, which i usually find funny......... sheesh....maybe i need to slip him some midol or somethin!

thats how he gets tho, instead of just dealing with the problem he creates more for himself.....typical man! LOL............
Gotta love them. I got up this morning and said Happy Valentines day to hubby, as he is not working today. Is it valentines day he asks. Oh, what would you like? I would like you to go and get a load of soil for me - I can't get it because you took the tow ball off my car to use on the camper trailer and, a week ago you told me you would switch it back over, but you haven't. So, perhaps that would be nice? Can't Bug do it, he finished at lunch today> No he can't. Because he doesn't finish early today and I asked you to do it! God help me......

Because I Can........

Old 02-13-2013, 02:44 PM   #11200
Hardware Hotshot

men!!!