Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #11121
Hardware Hotshot

Sue!! it is good to see you!!

yuck on needing a new roof......maybe you can see the price dif and go for a metal roof, a friend did that, it was like $800 dif but in the long term it was better, and she said she has saved some on heating/cooling bills

a new name? hmm.....well i think of yuo as Super Sue, lol......you are so strong and have been thro alot and came out still standing!

the incredible Sue
Super Sue
Diva Sue
Sue Bee...ha ha.....like the honey cause your so sweet

Curly Sue......

anyways, big hugs to ya!!

Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 01-20-2013, 12:07 PM   #11122
Hardware Hotshot

ok, soooo, i had a nice post all typed up for my blog yesterday and went to add photos, could not for the life of me get them on! then i got a pop up saying blogger was having issues, so, i deleted the whole thing, and logged out for the nite

i finally got the photos loaded and saved just a bit ago, so now i just need to go back and redo the post......gotta wait til after dinner tho...........

not much else going on today, we did make it to 65 so i have a few windows cracked for fresh air.

Old 01-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #11123
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
ok, soooo, i had a nice post all typed up for my blog yesterday and went to add photos, could not for the life of me get them on! then i got a pop up saying blogger was having issues, so, i deleted the whole thing, and logged out for the nite

i finally got the photos loaded and saved just a bit ago, so now i just need to go back and redo the post......gotta wait til after dinner tho...........

not much else going on today, we did make it to 65 so i have a few windows cracked for fresh air.
65* huh? I don't think it made it to 12* here today. My house is freezing. I'm sitting with a blanket wrapped around me and I'm about 18" from the furnace vent.

Making myself some Stouffer's lasagna for supper - hoping it warms me up. Also hope the reason I'm freezing is because of the weather and not that I'm coming down with something.

A mod got back to me about changing my name, had to give her several so that she could a few to choose from to see what's available. No problem with changing my name because when I signed up about 8yrs ago, I used my real name and I shouldn't have done that. Knowing what I know now, it's not a safe thing to do. Can actually google your name and it shows what sites you chat on - not helpful if you want to vent.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 01-20-2013, 03:37 PM   #11124
Pearl-ExPert

Sue, good to see you pop back in. Sure hope it's just the temps that are making you feel cold. We've had a drastic change here, yesterday in the 50s, upper 20s today... brrr and staying there most of the week.

Scary what people can find online, isn't it? Hope you find a name you like.

Just sent the girls home with dd... picked them up yesterday for a sleep over. It's such a joy to have them here. Interesting to see their different personalities too as they are growing.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and will have a great start to their week... Tomorrow is a holiday from work for me so have a couple of things planned but otherwise hope to get inky at some point!
Old 01-20-2013, 04:51 PM   #11125
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Grace!

how sweet to have the Grands sleep over! i hope you have ink time tomorrow!!

Old 01-20-2013, 05:02 PM   #11126
Hardware Hotshot

Sue, i too hope it is just the weather making you chilly. I love stoufers lasagna, they make a yummy chicken rice dish too.

Well, i finally got my post posted on my blog, good grief! my pics are kinda big so i bet thats why they took forever to load, they do absolutly weird things to the colors too. gotta work on my lighting i supose......

anyways, heres a linky

Taj-Ma-Holly

oh, everyone liked the new potroast recipe except for ME, ha ha.... it was more like BBQ, and i hate any type of BBQ, LOL.......and, the sauce becomes VERY thin, which the recipe did not say, so, i took out the meat and shredded it and then stirred back in. we had it over rice too, since potatoes and carrots would not have tatsed good,
so, it is not a meat and potatoes kinda roast. oh well, we tried it and wont need to make again......i will stick to traditional

the chili sauce bottles are very pretty tho, so i kept them to do something inky with, lol, so at least i got a future project out of it too, LOL

Old 01-21-2013, 10:51 AM   #11127
Hardware Hotshot

Default wheres Barb??

come out come out wherever you are! havent seen ya lately!
hope you are ok..........

Old 01-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #11128
Crimping Master

Good Morning Girls,

I started a huge monoogue yesterday but was having troubles uploading photos and never got back to it. I lost it last night when Bug was showing me where I could find an episode of Lost Girl that I missed the other night (Series 3 Episode 1, dammit!!)

Anyways, I was up early yesterdau and had all my paperwork done before 8am. I then went and did all my jobs - mail, getting the specials from all the different supermarkets, etc. I had to go to Officeworks to get a new external hardrive and an archive box. Man!! There were Mothers and Children and school stuff everywhere. Got my stuff and got out as quick as I could. So glad I don't have to do that. We get all our school stuff through the school. Bug just has to go in next week and pick it up. So, did all the running around and got to where I get my nails done and was looking forward to a relax and th power went out in the centre. Waited half an hour and it was still out. Drove home (less than 5 mintues) and all the traffic lights were out on the way. Walked inside and the tv was blaring, etc, etc. Works out that we are on a different power thing - but...... across the road had no power.

Did some housework and caught up on some television while doing the ironing. Worked out that I missed the first episode of Lost Girl!

Browny has a friend that he has known since he was 17 or 18. He knows the whole family and was really friendly with his sister until she got into a serious relationship that was not real good for her and she was isolated from friends family, etc. She recently got out of it (still dramas with the narsissitic (sp ex, but is getting there) and we caught up with her at a wedding last year. I knew all about her but had never met. She had a new girlfriend at the wedding and we all hit it off. They came to us for a day when we were camping after Christmas as they live nearby. Bakground over...... it is their birthdays next weekend and we have been invited to the party. It is a Friday night and Browny is often not home. I am trying to make him organise with work so that we can go but he doesn't want to ask for any favours. These girls are so much fun I think I will go up on my own. They live at the Sunshine Coast which is about 2 hours away. My big point here is that I looove old friends - you can have breaks from them and just pick up where you left off. I have a school friend like this (she has a new hubby so am hoping that Browny will like him) and another friend from when the boys were little. Browny and her Hubby get on like a house on fire. So many of my other friends are just 'my' friends. Do you know what I mean?

Today I am getting my nails done - surprise, surprise. I really need to mop, but just can't be bothered. We have the kids this weekend and I will need to do it again Monday after they leave. Saturday is Australia Day with the pubic holiday on Monday. The 'thing to do' for Australia Day is to wear grenn and gold, or stuff with the flag on it, (must be thongs, shorts, singlets, bikinis and, of course, a hat) have a BBQ - preferably with lamb (long story) and drink lots of beer. Curiously strange public holiday to anyone other than an Australian I am sure.

Will try to reduce the size of the photos that I want to show you and will post them later.

CYA

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au
Old 01-22-2013, 03:26 AM   #11129
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning ladies!

I did get inky yesterday, made a card for the MMTPT challenge this week. Felt good, even had help from DH with a suggestion on the layout. Subarctic temp this morning... 5*and not going to get past 20 for the high.

Got my gray & white covered yesterday... feels good and looks good with the cut I got a couple of weeks ago.

Hope everyone has a great week!!!

TTYL!!!

Last edited by katlady2; 01-22-2013 at 03:29 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #11130
Crimping Master

morning all

I am having the most wonderful time - Browny is away working and Bug has taken the car and gone to a friends. He left yesterday. I have had no-one home and can't go anywhere because my car isn't here. Absolute bliss!! Bug will be home this morning but only long enough to shower and change and then he is off the the coast with a mate for a friend's 18th. He will be home for dinner - probably tired and sunburnt. Browny should also be home tonight. I haven;t seen him all wekk, which is strange now. We are having crumbed chicken for dinner. With lots of vegies and cream gravy.
Today I need to mop the floors. Other than that my housework is basically done.
Yesterday I spent just about the whole day on the computer orrganising photos. I had them all in different places and multiple copies of lots of them. So now they are all in the one place (and backed up on to the external hardrive) and with a single copy of each. I still ahve to put them in categories in photoshop, but am getting there. I am buying a scanner thing to get all the photos fromt the 'photo drawer' copied and on to the computer as well. Looks like 2013 is the year for organisation........ I have done myself a budget as well. Opened a new account so that the bill money is all on its own and not mixed up with 'my' allowance or the grocery money. Seems to be working well so far, although Browny thinks we have more savings. He hasn;t worked out that the bill account will look good for a while and then will take a nose dive rather quickly - our gas, electricity, water and rates all seem to be due at the same time.
Off to mop and then to play with photos and probably craft.....

Because I Can........

Old 01-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #11131
Crimping Master

Hi all.......

It has rained all night here and is supposed to be heavy all day today. I think it is lovely, but there is minorish flooding up north. To be expected as it is the rainy season and it does happen every year. Browny is out to Injune (west) today and is expecting to be stuck there for the weekend. Summer in Queensland - hot, muggy and wet.

Not much to do today. Grocery shopping and not much else. I have done a load of washng and it is in the dryer. There are a few more loads to do but I will only do what is necessary (work clothes) until the rain disappears.

Annabelle and Fynlay are here for the weekend. Uncle Browny did not want to go to work as figures he will miss seeing them. We haven't had them since the middle of December and he is having withdrawals.

School starts for the bulk of the schools on Tuesday (not us). Jaxson from next door is starting Prep and he came over in his uniform yesterday. Very cute. It doesn't seem long ago that he was in nappies at the fence waiting for Browny and the truck. He stills waits at the fence, but now he talks and talks and talks. Annabelle starts next year.

I have all the photos that are on the computer catalogued. Now to start scanning the huge drawer and the photo albums. Won't get much done witht he kids here, but plan on attacking it as soon as I can.

Keith Urban has a concert here tonight. Browny reminded me again that I was slack not getting tickets. A few friends are going and he is a bit jealous. You get that....

I am now going to gget those photos uploaded....

Because I Can........

Old 01-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #11132
Hardware Hotshot

HI Girls,

i hope everyone is safe and staying warm in this crazy weather sweeping the country!

crazy busy week here this week. Moms appt went well, her electrolights and potassium are low, so she is on gatorade, lol......feeling better tho which is good. goes next mo for pacemaker check to be extra sure the batt is still ok....so we shall see.......

you all will laugh, but, our schools all closed at noon today, we are getting freezing rains and sleet and poss some snow flurries, we are just not equipt to handle winter weather here, lol........now hurricanes are no big deal, but not this mess

i have beef and black bean soup in the crock for dinner, and we are just chillin out, no big plans for the weekend due to weather, sooo i will play in the Taj! Young Rob has a battalion dinner to go to, so will not be home this weekend except maybe a stop in on Sunday. He went snowboarding last weekend.

not much else goiing on here , nothing exciting, lol.................

had out taxes done yesterdy, good to get that checked off the list! I thought about Laurie while i was there.........HUGE hugs to you girlie!!!

Old 01-25-2013, 05:10 PM   #11133
Pearl-ExPert

No laughing at you about the schools closing early for that kind of weather... happens up here too, Holly. We're supposed to get the nasty stuff Sunday and a high of 53 on Monday!

Have Jessie tonight and she has started crawling... Watch out kitties!

Everyone have a wonderful weekend!!!!
Old 01-27-2013, 01:48 PM   #11134
Stazon Splitcoast

Sitting at work with a blanket over my legs. Still having issues with being cold all the time.

Babysat all day yesterday and it wore me out. She is a go-getter most of the time, but when she does stop, she is out like a light. Got there about 6:30am and got home about 8:45pm. Long day but I sure wouldn't trade it for money - she's my special buddy.

Not much new in my world. Hoping to start my taxes this week - at least get everything together.

Better get back to work, just wanted to pop in for a quick hello and hope everyone is healthy and can stay that way.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #11135
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Hi Sue! Good to see you!
Doing good here. Mom had a procedure done at the hospital on Friday. Things are going well for the most part other than some reactions to the iodine wash they use as well as the adhesive on the bandages. She is picking up an antibiotic, but not sure what, if anything, can be done for the itching. Benadryl doesn't help at all, and an oatmeal bath is out of the question for a few more days.

We have found out that Cheyenne cannot go for long walks in the winter anymore. The leg that had the torn ACL and now has the plate and screws gets too cold rather quickly. I worry about frost bite or anything going wrong, so we will do short walks as we are able the rest of the winter.

I had a Tastefully Simple party yesterday. It turned out well, and it was a lot of fun. It sure went fast! Two and half hours!

Monday will be a really long day for me at work, but it will be good. January is going well, and is almost over!
Operation Write Home
Old 01-28-2013, 01:10 PM   #11136
Hardware Hotshot

Big Hugs to you and Mom Laurie!!!

gosh, i'm not sure what topical relief she can use on a fresh incision.....hopefully the pharmacy has something!

I will keep a Prayer up!

Old 01-28-2013, 01:16 PM   #11137
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

well, Sat was just so darn yucky, we spent most of the day in jammies, then we took each Mom some hot homemade soup for thier dinners, and after eating ours, i played in the Taj, trying the Melted Crayon technique. i hope to get myself organized enough to get photos and a tut up on my blog this week at some point! its a lot of fun!

today i ran payday errands, got most of it out of the way, then came home and got caught up on my chores and laundry.

not much else going on , weather is suppose to improve so that will be nice.

Old 01-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #11138
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

She ended up in the ER last night with a huge case of hives. They gave her Benadryl and Prednisone. Hope it helps fast!

Work is super duper crazy busy...just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Hugs!
Operation Write Home
Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 AM   #11139
Crimping Master

Hi Girls,

We have had an interesting weekend. Browny has been about 5 hours away since Friday. There was a bit of rain at the mine site and they wouldn't unload the trucks. No real drama as we get hourly hire until he is unloaded. He got a motel and was fine. "We had heaps more rain here and there were flood warnings all over the place. The local river peaked yesterday evening and was 5 metres lower than 2 years ago. We lost electricity from Saturday night until last night. Sent Bug and a mate to get the ute from the yard and the generator. Browny kept calling because he was hearing things about ther being dramas - most of what he heard wa exaggerated, so it just annoyed me. There was water in the yard of Peta and Des' house here in town, but it didn't get anywhere near the house. The land lines were b asically all not working, so there was only mobile coverage. Bundaberg, which is about 5 hours away on the coast is having issues like Ipswich and Bisbane had 2 years ago. It is a disaster area apparently.
Anyway, Browny is stll away because the road is closed in several spots between here and where he is. He got unloaded today and we are h oping that he will get home tomorrow.
I did lots of reading and not much else. There isn;t a lot you can do when it pours rain and have no power. Walking to the neighbours was a journey as the ground is soooo wet.
But, the power is back on, the sun has been shining and the washing is up to date. The ironing is horrendous, but you get that.There are still a lot of road closures and bridges that are out, but as we really don't need to be anywhere it isn't a problem. Most of the local schools were meant to start back today - most of them didn't because of the issues.
Hope you are all well and warm.....

Because I Can........

Old 01-30-2013, 06:57 AM   #11140
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Ugh I have had some crazy drama going on here, I'll go catch up on reading, then fill you all in!
Old 01-30-2013, 07:22 AM   #11141

Default i would

Quote:
big hugs on the power bill Laurie, i hope they misread your meter! maybe you should also disable any outdoor outlets....you just never know if some one has tapped into it!

If you plug something in to our outside outlets, it trips the breaker for the bathroom, it works fine, just trips it to start out. Had an electrician look at it he said I was bonkers, nothing's wrong then I showed him it really does do it, he just scratched his head
Old 01-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #11142

Default LOL

Quote:
that is very good advice! you just never know who is out there, esp if they are on your facebook page and link to here, or your blog etc etc, its scary how people can find info when they want to.......no privacy in this world anymore!!

On the news last night they asked "have you ever googled yourself"

I have, remember when I had the drug bust drama at work? Well I put my name in and it actually came up with my face book page but it listed all my friends and showed who was marked as family too.

I shows my blog, all of my galleries, and forums I am on

Its crazy what you can learn about someone if yo really wanna spend the time to read it all! LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #11143

Default ouch

Quote:
well, we had a good run of beautiful weather, temps in the 70s, now we have been dipping into 20 and even teens at night, days in 50s......but i am ok with that, lol

we also had a blow to our income......we knew there would be changes this yr with all this cr*p going on in Washington, and we know we are not alone, BUT, we are now losing another $80 a mo.......thats not really alot in one way, but it is in another. i mean, i could do alot with that 80, lol........oh well, i will not whine any more over it.

we had already planned to work better on our budget and savings, so this just pushes us to get busy on it!

thurs i had some "me time" and got inky, i took pics and will post on my blog hopefully this weekend.

Mom goes for some testing this coming week, she has been having dizzy spells. it may be her one med is too high, or, could be time to change pacemaker battery. we shoudl know by fri.

tomorrow i am trying a new to us potroast recipe for the crock. you place the roast and veggies in and add two 12 oz bottles chili sauce and 1 can coke........we shall see how it tastes........... it took me forever in the commissary to find the darn chili sauce, i tried the taco section, nope, then the canned chili section, nope, bottled pasta sauce sect, nope.......it was over by BBQ and A-1 stuff........sheesh!

i hope everyone is having a nice weekend!
Sucky on the income, work comp has knocked us back about $500 a month. Income changes hurt, especially since everything else goes up

LOL I was just gonna ask where is Chili Sauce! so how was it?
Old 01-30-2013, 07:31 AM   #11144

Default hummm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerriannb View Post
Hi Girls

I have cleaned and tidied my yard to an inch of it's life. I pulled lots of plants out and have the blisters to prove it.

Nothing exciting going on here. I am crafting today. Taking Peta with - she hasn't done 'real' craft for ages, seeing as she has been working. We are making photo frames out of pizza boxes and decorating. They look great on the web site, although it sounds a bit strange, now that I have written it.

Bug has two weeks of holidays left. He hasn't really been doing anything intereting.

Yuck to the power bill. Ours are always pretty big. Between $400 and $500 a quarter, depending on the season. We have gas hot water and cooking which is about $300 a quarter as well. I would love to cut them down, but I really don't know how, other than to be a bit drastic.

Yuck to the tax hike you guys have now too. It seems to be pretty awful over there all round. Lucky if you have a good job, but the low wages and the tax make you wonder........ It isn't as bad over here - the GFC didn't hit as hard. Our wages are higher than yours ( I think) and the latest unemployment figures came out at 6%.

Anyways, I need to have brekky and get ready for a drive so that I can craft....
Interesting! I wanna know more about this one

I think I am moving to Australia! I am so done with this Winter crud!

Old 01-30-2013, 07:34 AM   #11145

Default Hey there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
Check in...

I too have yucky high bills. This is my first 2-day weekend since Christmas. Kind of kicking back and working on my budget for the upcoming year. have to come up with some serious big money - need to replace the roof on my house. Going through stuff and getting rid of unwanted or duplicate items too.

I did this when I got my stuff out of storage, anything that was broke (I was always gonna fix it later..gone, not sure where i wanted it to go... gone. can't remember why I bought it.. gone)

This past Wed I had my colonoscopy - everything is good - don't have to do that again for another 10yrs. Only good news I've gotten since the first of the year.

Yay

Gotta find someone on here who can tell me how to change my name. Want to remove the last 3 letters - don't know yet what I want my new name to be, but I'll think of something. Maybe one that incorporates my love of dogs.

Ask Lydia understandblue...if anyone knows its her

Weather has been nice here... well, nice for January anyway. But starting tomorrow the temps are supposed to drop and won't get above 10* for a few days. Going to be thinking positive on that though - think how good 25* will feel.

Hope everyone is staying healthy and avoiding the nasty flu bug that's spreading it's horrible wings.

Knock on wood, I think this not being able to work is better for my health,not even a cold since I've been laid up

I'll stop in sooner from now on.

I am a slacker at popping in too.
Old 01-30-2013, 07:45 AM   #11146

Default Oh no!

Quote:

blogger saves your post as you are typing, it might have just gone into space and waited for you.sorry you deleted it

65! I'd be in heaven at 65 right now, it is barely above zero again
Old 01-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #11147

Default here too

Quote:
65* huh? I don't think it made it to 12* here today. My house is freezing. I'm sitting with a blanket wrapped around me and I'm about 18" from the furnace vent.

Making myself some Stouffer's lasagna for supper - hoping it warms me up. Also hope the reason I'm freezing is because of the weather and not that I'm coming down with something.

A mod got back to me about changing my name, had to give her several so that she could a few to choose from to see what's available. No problem with changing my name because when I signed up about 8yrs ago, I used my real name and I shouldn't have done that. Knowing what I know now, it's not a safe thing to do. Can actually google your name and it shows what sites you chat on - not helpful if you want to vent.
It's only 14 F above

I am so done with Winter and all this junk that came with it, i am stressed too far right now

Yes, I know what you mean about unsafe for venting....that's why the lawyer said no work comp talk
Old 01-30-2013, 07:50 AM   #11148

Default Very

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Sue, good to see you pop back in. Sure hope it's just the temps that are making you feel cold. We've had a drastic change here, yesterday in the 50s, upper 20s today... brrr and staying there most of the week.

Scary what people can find online, isn't it? Hope you find a name you like.

Just sent the girls home with dd... picked them up yesterday for a sleep over. It's such a joy to have them here. Interesting to see their different personalities too as they are growing.

Hope everyone had a fantastic weekend and will have a great start to their week... Tomorrow is a holiday from work for me so have a couple of things planned but otherwise hope to get inky at some point!

at work i had to sign for a pkg that came in, turned out to be drugs, whole huge bust went on,
cops told me to delete any and all online things using my name, since now that guy had my name on a US Postal Slip. thats when I googled my name and was shocked!

I try not to be negative so I can't be charged with defamation of character and I don't give financial info out either
Old 01-30-2013, 07:51 AM   #11149

Quote:
Sue, i too hope it is just the weather making you chilly. I love stoufers lasagna, they make a yummy chicken rice dish too.

Well, i finally got my post posted on my blog, good grief! my pics are kinda big so i bet thats why they took forever to load, they do absolutly weird things to the colors too. gotta work on my lighting i supose......

anyways, heres a linky

Taj-Ma-Holly

oh, everyone liked the new potroast recipe except for ME, ha ha.... it was more like BBQ, and i hate any type of BBQ, LOL.......and, the sauce becomes VERY thin, which the recipe did not say, so, i took out the meat and shredded it and then stirred back in. we had it over rice too, since potatoes and carrots would not have tatsed good,
so, it is not a meat and potatoes kinda roast. oh well, we tried it and wont need to make again......i will stick to traditional

the chili sauce bottles are very pretty tho, so i kept them to do something inky with, lol, so at least i got a future project out of it too, LOL
well I'm glad you mention it b4 I go buy the stuff, but I might go look for those bottles! LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 08:15 AM   #11150

Default here too

Quote:
Hi all.......

It has rained all night here and is supposed to be heavy all day today. I think it is lovely, but there is minorish flooding up north. To be expected as it is the rainy season and it does happen every year. Browny is out to Injune (west) today and is expecting to be stuck there for the weekend. Summer in Queensland - hot, muggy and wet.
it's super icy out now
Not much to do today. Grocery shopping and not much else. I have done a load of washng and it is in the dryer. There are a few more loads to do but I will only do what is necessary (work clothes) until the rain disappears.

Annabelle and Fynlay are here for the weekend. Uncle Browny did not want to go to work as figures he will miss seeing them. We haven't had them since the middle of December and he is having withdrawals.
Just wait till he is a grampa! then he WON'T go to work when they visit! LOL

School starts for the bulk of the schools on Tuesday (not us). Jaxson from next door is starting Prep and he came over in his uniform yesterday. Very cute. It doesn't seem long ago that he was in nappies at the fence waiting for Browny and the truck. He stills waits at the fence, but now he talks and talks and talks. Annabelle starts next year.

I have all the photos that are on the computer catalogued. Now to start scanning the huge drawer and the photo albums. Won't get much done witht he kids here, but plan on attacking it as soon as I can.

Keith Urban has a concert here tonight. Browny reminded me again that I was slack not getting tickets. A few friends are going and he is a bit jealous. You get that....

I am now going to gget those photos uploaded....

I am so impatient for Spring now, where I live we do not have flood issues, or Tornado's. we get really bad thunderstorms and high winds though
Old 01-30-2013, 08:21 AM   #11151

Default LOL

Quote:
HI Girls,

i hope everyone is safe and staying warm in this crazy weather sweeping the country!

crazy busy week here this week. Moms appt went well, her electrolights and potassium are low, so she is on gatorade, lol......feeling better tho which is good. goes next mo for pacemaker check to be extra sure the batt is still ok....so we shall see.......

you all will laugh, but, our schools all closed at noon today, we are getting freezing rains and sleet and poss some snow flurries, we are just not equipt to handle winter weather here, lol........now hurricanes are no big deal, but not this mess

i have beef and black bean soup in the crock for dinner, and we are just chillin out, no big plans for the weekend due to weather, sooo i will play in the Taj! Young Rob has a battalion dinner to go to, so will not be home this weekend except maybe a stop in on Sunday. He went snowboarding last weekend.

not much else goiing on here , nothing exciting, lol.................

had out taxes done yesterdy, good to get that checked off the list! I thought about Laurie while i was there.........HUGE hugs to you girlie!!!
Bug says the same about Missouri Tornado's are "oh well" but if they get snow even a dusting, they shut down everything, business'es close early, schools. you name it
Old 01-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #11152

Oops! My Bug is DD Carrie.

That was something Kerriann and I had in common when we met. LOL

My Bug was June bug
I didn't allow swearing by any of the kids that ung out at my house. They ALL hung out there.
No swearing, drinking drugs or sex

well one of the boys got mad at Carrie (it was a teasing moment,) I think whe was gonna call her a *****..... he says Carrie you ..you .. you (looking at me the whole time) finally said JUNEBUG!

it became her name, 7 th grade on
now we just call her Bug, I was calling the baby Baby Bug, and she said it sounded creepy! LOL so he became MJ
Old 01-30-2013, 08:30 AM   #11153
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Hello friends
Old 01-30-2013, 08:31 AM   #11154

Default Clint too

Quote:
Sitting at work with a blanket over my legs. Still having issues with being cold all the time.

Babysat all day yesterday and it wore me out. She is a go-getter most of the time, but when she does stop, she is out like a light. Got there about 6:30am and got home about 8:45pm. Long day but I sure wouldn't trade it for money - she's my special buddy.

Not much new in my world. Hoping to start my taxes this week - at least get everything together.

Better get back to work, just wanted to pop in for a quick hello and hope everyone is healthy and can stay that way.
He is freezing all the time lately. Not normal for him, usually I am cold way before him
Old 01-30-2013, 08:32 AM   #11155

Default ah man

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Hi Sue! Good to see you!
Doing good here. Mom had a procedure done at the hospital on Friday. Things are going well for the most part other than some reactions to the iodine wash they use as well as the adhesive on the bandages. She is picking up an antibiotic, but not sure what, if anything, can be done for the itching. Benadryl doesn't help at all, and an oatmeal bath is out of the question for a few more days.

We have found out that Cheyenne cannot go for long walks in the winter anymore. The leg that had the torn ACL and now has the plate and screws gets too cold rather quickly. I worry about frost bite or anything going wrong, so we will do short walks as we are able the rest of the winter.

I had a Tastefully Simple party yesterday. It turned out well, and it was a lot of fun. It sure went fast! Two and half hours!

Monday will be a really long day for me at work, but it will be good. January is going well, and is almost over!
poor Cheyenne!

Just think 1 day left for January!
Old 01-30-2013, 08:33 AM   #11156

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
She ended up in the ER last night with a huge case of hives. They gave her Benadryl and Prednisone. Hope it helps fast!

Work is super duper crazy busy...just wanted to stop in and say hello!

Hugs!

it can't help working with a ding bat either
Old 01-30-2013, 08:35 AM   #11157

Default Thankful i am a hillbilly now

You iron way too much!
The only thing my iron touches is fabric before sewing (that doesn't happen often either) and doing the wax paper resist on a card! LOL

Quote:
Hi Girls,

We have had an interesting weekend. Browny has been about 5 hours away since Friday. There was a bit of rain at the mine site and they wouldn't unload the trucks. No real drama as we get hourly hire until he is unloaded. He got a motel and was fine. "We had heaps more rain here and there were flood warnings all over the place. The local river peaked yesterday evening and was 5 metres lower than 2 years ago. We lost electricity from Saturday night until last night. Sent Bug and a mate to get the ute from the yard and the generator. Browny kept calling because he was hearing things about ther being dramas - most of what he heard wa exaggerated, so it just annoyed me. There was water in the yard of Peta and Des' house here in town, but it didn't get anywhere near the house. The land lines were b asically all not working, so there was only mobile coverage. Bundaberg, which is about 5 hours away on the coast is having issues like Ipswich and Bisbane had 2 years ago. It is a disaster area apparently.
Anyway, Browny is stll away because the road is closed in several spots between here and where he is. He got unloaded today and we are h oping that he will get home tomorrow.
I did lots of reading and not much else. There isn;t a lot you can do when it pours rain and have no power. Walking to the neighbours was a journey as the ground is soooo wet.
But, the power is back on, the sun has been shining and the washing is up to date. The ironing is horrendous, but you get that.There are still a lot of road closures and bridges that are out, but as we really don't need to be anywhere it isn't a problem. Most of the local schools were meant to start back today - most of them didn't because of the issues.
Hope you are all well and warm.....
Old 01-30-2013, 09:02 AM   #11158

Okay now for my world.....

Day before Christmas my starter went out of the car, day after Christmas PAID for a ride to town to cash my work comp check, then had to PAY someone to go pick up the starter I finally found. Josh put it in my car for me
drove to town to get things for MJ
transmission went out of my car, drove the 10 miles back home at about 10 mile per hour!
Thank God the heater works! that was a long ride home,

My water freezes daily right under the hot water heater where we can not get to for heat tape unless we tear up the floor and go in from inside the house or tear out our underbelly out side leaving things exposed for critters. so we just use the torpedo heater it takes less than 5 minutes for it to thaw and we're good again

Then I had to struggle to find a ride to get the kids to the airport new Years Eve,
It was gonna cost me $40 - 50 to use FIL vehicle. (really bad on gas)
finally Josh's other grandparents let him use their car.
we all got up at 5 am, Bug gave MJ a bath and got herself all ready and my water was just fine! I even started the dish washer as we walked out the door!

Josh and I got back here about 1 in the afternoon (we waited till they boarded the plane to make sure it wasn't gonna cancel since it was snowing and lots of airports were having trouble)

Water is froze

I go out and deal with that. Clint and Josh start taking that HORRIBLE water bed i bought down so i can have my bed back which I am glad i kept for Bug to use while she was here.

Water is working I come back in and I hear water running...nothing in the house, so I fly outside to find the line that runs inside the floor from the hot water heater to the bthrm is spraying water everywhere

I don't know wich breaker is for the pump house so I shut them all down.

then turn them on 1 at a time to find it

well now the furnace isn't kicking back on. GREAT!

It's New Years Eve are you kidding me!

Well I think it was Wednesday or Thursday a guy come out and it's a reset switch inside the furnace easy peasy (wish I had watched so i knew this happened last year too!

Well we got my ex jay to come check out the water situation. Clint can't get on the floor and doesn't fit in the hot water heater closet.

gotta wait till the following Monday so I have money... put the money on our prepaid Visa send jay to get the stuff to do my water inside all the way

I still have no car remember

well he gets the stuff, $100 but now his back is out from riding in the truck THAT far OMG really? (are you starting to see why he's my ex)

another week goes by, he's been here once only the say OOPS I forgot to get.....

so I get a ride from the inlaws cash my check, go to laundry mat get grociers, and the parts needed

okay a few more days go by he finally comes up again... now he's gotten the wrong thing and I need to get and adapter to fit one thing to the wrong thing, OMG

gotta wait till Monday ya know!

Well Clint decided we were gonna go look at cars, we have no savings anymore, really stinky credit so I am not sure what's on his mind as he is barely talking to me this month.

I only have my $200 WC check. We look at this car exactly what I have just a year newer $2100
go over to the bank they will give us $1800
plus we'd have to do the taxes and registration out of our own pocket.
he goes out and talks to his parents

Him and FIL go into dealership, the next thing I know I have a car but i gotta pay $100 cash. the bank is covering the rest. The dealer went down that much! WOW

so i go put gas in the car, buy the pieces needed for the water, do laundry, and buy milk and bread and I am broke!

well more time goes by and Jay comes up does a little bit then OOPS I still need .... to go any further OMG really?

Luckily we do have a hydrant outside but it's a pain to carry water in for the toilet and to heat for dishes, and to heat up so i can wash me.

Yes I am whining! LOL

On Monday I picked up the pieces he said were needed, I have water to the wash machine (cold only) and to the bathroom. I was so excited, i washed a load of clothes quick, and got hot water for doing dishes, did them all up.
Was gonna take a shower only for that facet to blow apart! somehow when jay had his big hands in there to hook up the water it cracked the back part of the facet.
Doesn't surprise me this trailer is a 1978

grrr
Old 01-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #11159

now for the current crap..... josh has the same mental issues as Clint but not on any meds so his anger is not under control and his other grandparents are afraid of him sometime.

He needs medical coverage so his mother took him into the county to get an application. since she is technically homeless, jsut stay at her parents and they refuse to allow 'welfare' in their house
he is now living here, his application has to include the whole household information.
Well I was filling them out for him and gathering all the PROOFS needed and realized i didn't have a mortgage payment receipt from the inlaws for Dec or Jan
and when MIL writes them out some say RENT some say House Payment

So I called and asked for those 2 receipts and she has to make up her mind what she puts on them

she asks WHY its the same thing

no, if we are renting then I have to repay for the fridge we got adn the furnace repair has to be paid for my you guys...

NO WAY IT'S YOUR HOUSE

WOW..

yes, that's why you have to put house payment, do not use the word rent.

again I am asked what difference does it make they are the same thing

WOW is she really this dumb!

SO i said i needed dad to send me an email saying..
Clinton and Victoia pay... each month toward the purchase of the.....
and they are responsible for the property taxes adn all utilities.

she said wait I gotta write this down.
so i repeat it all again.
she repeats it back to me but differently and I said no, you gotta out it like this......

I tried to explain you can't lie or hide things it is how it is. period

well finally I asked if dad was online I'd message it to him and he can copy and paste it to an email

I send it to him and he flipped **** over the taxes part.
He says you don't pay them, it's in my name.
I told him, we pay you to pay them that's all you gotta say.

So he freaks out and demands we get the contract for deed fixed and recorded or he will do it and the price will go back up to $71000.

He found a lawyer that will do it for $700

I asked how the price goes up $20000 when it only costs $700

he says if has to do it that's what it is.

so i said I'd call legal aid tomorrow and see if they can help

he messaged back.."so am i doing it myself or what"

me "I said I'd call LA tomorrow."

him... "Well i want to know now.."

WOW! Really

Now this morning I called LA and left a message at 8 am, no responce yet,

he messaged me " do you want me to call lawyers today" at 8"52 I was not sitting here, but the computer was on so ididn't see it

then at 9.04
"yes or no"

Still I was not sitting here

then at 9.13
"fine dont talk"

then at 11.05
"You can go in my email and send yourself what you need and i will give until apail to get a cfd done or i will have one done"

I need a break, my bladder wants to splatter! LOL
Old 01-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #11160
Pearl-ExPert

Evenin' girls.

Read back and caught up a bit.

Vikkijo, good grief girl, you sure have been having a rough go of it lately! I wish I could send you on a vacation... wouldn't mind one myself. We've been having a few vehicle issues ourselves. John's truck needs a water pump so he has to put it in in the next day or so.

Been having some really crazy weather lately, 50 -60 on Mon & Tues then dropping back into the lower 30s today and even colder the rest of this week. Blech!

Haven't been online much because I've been taking a class for work. Finished up yesterday and passed so requested approval to take the 2nd half. It's helping me understand insurance better and I'll get continuing ed credit for them.

Don't remember what else I read or was going to say... so will close for now, may try making a card to the teapot tuesday challenge this week, who knows, maybe some paper, glue and scissors will lift my mood a bit...

Caio!