Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 04:15 PM   #10801
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

I must be 'of age' too I knew the answer to Barnaby Jones!!! LOL

I forgot to update my blog to talk about the single stamps... oops! LOL

Well my PT finally saw that shocking jolt I get.... it happened while I was doing this one with a ball against the wall....OMG I was in tears! She felt so bad.

Oh here's a giggle for you gals..

part of my collar bone was cut out, and she talks about my clavical well I accidentally called it my cervix I thought she was gonna die! Then I realized what I said! Well it was just me her and 2 other therapists.. so it became an hour of mishaps of open mouth before brain engages!

I don't feel quite so bad anymore! LOL

As for my pain... sadly the jokes didn't help any! LOL
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:21 PM   #10802
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlady2 View Post
Thanks Holly, it is getting better, just will take time. The show was Barnaby Jones starrring Buddy Ebson{sp}, as a private detective. Am I dating myself now???
roflmbo...yes, thats it! and no, you are not dating yourself! i remeber the show well!!

as soon as i told mom what they named him she mentioned the show too, lol

Old 10-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #10803
Hardware Hotshot

oh Vikki,
i'm sorry your day had pain, but that is too funny on the slip-up! i am good for that as well, lol...............my tongue isnt always connected to the brain

when she saw what happened, did it help her to understnad WHY it happens?? i hope they have some answers for you soon

Old 10-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #10804
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
No, you are not dating yourself Grace! I'm sorry to hear about your muscle ache. Uck! I hope it gets better soon. I also hope your old house sells soon. That would be a relief wouldn't it?!

Holly, that lil kitten is adorable! He looks full of mischief! I need to go back a page or two and find a recipe you posted so we can have it for supper tonight. I thought I had copied & pasted it, but I cannot find it. Oh well.

Holly, I don't shop Michael's or JoAnn's often. I am a SU junkie. There are quite a few things I would love from the Holiday catalog, but I cannot afford it right now.

Enabler alert....SU does have some individual stamps available right now that are from sets. There is also another promo. I will link us up.

Christmas Gift Promotion - by Stampin' Up!
Single Stamps - by Stampin' Up!
Laurie,
i'm sorry i didnt see this earlier, i hope you found the recipe.........which one was it? i could post agian!

dinner tonite was burritos, i had thawed out burger then forgot what i planned ot do with it, so last minute decision was burritos, lol...........

Old 10-05-2012, 08:31 AM   #10805

All anyone knows is it is in the deltoid and the surgeon says only time can heal that (if at all)
Arms at your side, raise your arm straight up like a jumping jack....THe rotator lifts tot he straight out from shoulder position, the deltoid does the rest.

I have no motion above the shoulder height

I can raise my arm up in front of me like to the counter, but I can not reach forward... turning on light switches, heat in car, adjust mirror. I reached out to push the door lock for Clint and I was in tears for the next hour.
Its like getting punched really hard, or tasored
Many times I can not bring my hand to my face, drinking, eating, brushing my teeth... all left handed now when that spot acts up!
I never have a warning there are no pre symtoms, its sudden and mind blowing!

The Peck Minor on the other hand she can see that buldge, and she can feel the clavical skip gears! LOL

When I am doing my theraband, cane and ball exercises, she puts her hand on my shoulder and it does a click click every time I get my arm to a certain point. It will go in her report for doc..Oct 30th

Sorry didn't mean to be such a downer.

Very chilly morning! I actually brought a space heater in my room, I will not turn on the furnace yet! I refuse! LOL

I watched that video on the ornement form the Holiday Mini.. boy that is a lot of work! Not so sure I want to do it as one of the monthly club projects.. I might make one just to show off! L:OL

Gotta buy the Tulle and buttons, and the rosette die! LOL
Judy bought the dies and stamps last month so we could do that cover project. She may not be patient enough to do that one!

Oh on the My Chic n' Scratch Video she shows one made in orange and brown... WOW Gorgeous!
Holiday Catalog Ornament | Chic' n Scratch
Old 10-05-2012, 10:07 AM   #10806
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Hi everyone!
Holly, it was the one with cornbread, hamburger, diced tomatoes, corn & chili seasoning packet (I left out the onions!). It was SO good! Definitely a keeper! I have leftovers for lunch today. Tim had two big plates full, so he obviously liked it as well! I am part of a group on Facebook called When the Dinner Bell Rings (She also has a really good blog). If you don't mind, I would like to share it there.
When the Dinner Bell Rings: 5 Ingredients of Less Casseroles & Crock Pot Dinners
Operation Write Home
Old 10-06-2012, 10:47 AM   #10807
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

VikkiJo, you are NOT a downer! we are all like sisters now, and we wanna hear how each of us is doing, whats going on in our corner, etc etc! i like your new avatar by the way, did you cut your hair? it looks very cute!

Laurie, that is one of our fav dishes, esp since it makes leftovers, lol....... i dont mind you sharing the recipe at all!!

Dawn, how are you and Brian? i hope all is improving

Sue, how are you? when you make potraost for dinner, call me! i will bring dessert

Kerriann, what new pages have your scrapped??

Barb...any new travel plans???

Grace, whats going on in your corner??

i hope everyone is haovng a nice long weekend. we saw Paranorman last nite, was ok, tonite we will see Total Recall, hope its good!

dinner tonite is porkchops and some kinda veggie.......tomorrow i will build lasagna.

Old 10-06-2012, 11:32 AM   #10808
Hardware Hotshot

we went to meet "barnaby" yesterday, it was love at first site!

the lady who had him actually works at the vet i went to with Hairy! talk about a twist of fate, lol. she does fostering all the time, even dogs! she said he was found in the woods and was very tiny when they got him, fed him by syringe! he is a bit bigger than we expected, but he is just adorable, and, he is also cross eyed, which i love! they said he isnt a snuggly kinda guy, but, we have had several snuggles simce bringing him home...it may be cause they had other cats, and here he gets all the att!

he does NOT like our floor vents, he was looking down one when the AC came on....it was hilarious. he does however love water, he likes to sit on the tub when you take a shower, and he likes to drink from the sink faucet! he also loves bath poofies, i gave him a new one and he carries it all around the house like prey, lol

we have renamed him "Ceasar The Great", LOL......Mom asked to see him, and she has an older cat who has never cared who brings who to visit, so off we went. he was exploring her house, ate some food, used the litter pan and then wandered into the bedroom where Autumn was asleep.....OMG... it was like ww3! you should have heard his growls and hissing, lol...so he is quite a little tyrant when he needs......thus the name

i think there will be plenty of adventures here from now on

Last edited by sempermom; 03-03-2014 at 12:24 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 01:14 PM   #10809
Stazon Splitcoast

He is a handsome kitty Holly! LOVE the name!

Supper tonight will be leftovers. Tomorrow night will be corn on the cob and pork loin marinated in Kraft's Asian Toasted Sesame salad dressing. It is SO yummy that way! I made peanut butter bars this morning. I am also making a tuna pasta salad (hungry for that) and a breakfast bake for tomorrow. It makes a 9x13 pan so there will be leftovers, and it freezes really well.

Question for you girls...What if anything do you know about women's hair loss. I am loosing a ton of hair and at a pretty fast rate. If it keeps up, I will have to call the doctor. I am truly becoming concerned.

I wish you all lived closer! November 9th is Veterans night at the Milwaukee Admirals. My friends and I (including Barb!) will be at the game. We didn't get a suite this year, but we did get a group of tickets. We will still have the table on the concourse to sell "stuff" and promote Operation Write Home. I feel good about doing that. I had a thought this morning...thinking of baking a batch of chocolate chip cookies. Packing them up in three packs in cello bags with a topper and selling them 3/$1. I hope I get a big enough group. I need at least 10 people, and so far I have 7 committed.

Happy World Card Making Day! I am just about finished with a stack of Birthday cards, and then I want to do a set of Christmas cards yet this weekend. I put one of my sets in the most recent box to Operation Write Home so it was a full box. Tim had 35 cards in there that he had made, and we made 236 cards at Barb's house a few Friday's ago. So, all in all, a good turn out!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-06-2012, 01:44 PM   #10810
Pearl-ExPert

Afternoon girls!

Caesar is adorable, Holly! Reminds me of our cat, Charlie, as a kitten. Hope you have many years of fun with him.

Been loafing on the couch today watching HGTV since I now have a cold with lots of coughing. UGH! Otherwise, things are going ok. Have a second showing on our old place today. Hoping to get it sold soon. We had a heavy frost last night, didn't damage any plants, but it means lots of houseplants back inside for the winter soon.
Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:48 PM   #10811

hummm World Card making day?
Guess I should go make cards instead of updating my blog!

I did color a few of the images Barb sent me.

Yesterday was very bad for my arm

I am making beef steaks and baked potatoes.. but if Josh will cut up my squash I will give him my meat!

I can not get a knife in those buggers!

The grocery store does this Family packs.. 12 beef steaks were $6.00
I'd prefer vegies, and I am so tired of hamburgers! LOL

Love the kitty Holly! I am still baby sitting Mia. she's such a brat at times, then a total lovey doll! Kittens go figure!

We still have the dumped off puppy... I am making signs to hang up Tuesday when we go to town. but I want to try to catch those guys that come up here to hunt. they are only here on the weekends and so far they haven't been up today

I still can't get over someone dumping off a Beagle, he's so darned cute!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:51 PM   #10812

Hi Grace! hugs ...
I am so not looking forward to any colds.. my shoulder hurts horrible if I sneeze

I am storing all of Diane's plants, plus Tassa's till spring for MIL and Till Tassa finds a place...looks like a greenhouse in here!
Tassa DD Julia, text and asked for a pic of Mia (its her kitten) little booger would not look at me, then she did but put her paw over her face! WOW
Old 10-06-2012, 05:07 PM   #10813
Stazon Splitcoast

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
we went to meet "barnaby" yesterday, it was love at first site!

the lady who had him actually works at the vet i went to with Hairy! talk about a twist of fate, lol. she does fostering all the time, even dogs! she said he was found in the woods and was very tiny when they got him, fed him by syringe! he is a bit bigger than we expected, but he is just adorable, and, he is also cross eyed, which i love! they said he isnt a snuggly kinda guy, but, we have had several snuggles simce bringing him home...it may be cause they had other cats, and here he gets all the att!

he does NOT like our floor vents, he was looking down one when the AC came on....it was hilarious. he does however love water, he likes to sit on the tub when you take a shower, and he likes to drink from the sink faucet! he also loves bath poofies, i gave him a new one and he carries it all around the house like prey, lol

we have renamed him "Ceasar The Great", LOL......Mom asked to see him, and she has an older cat who has never cared who brings who to visit, so off we went. he was exploring her house, ate some food, used the litter pan and then wandered into the bedroom where Autumn was asleep.....OMG... it was like ww3! you should have heard his growls and hissing, lol...so he is quite a little tyrant when he needs......thus the name

i think there will be plenty of adventures here from now on

do his eyes really slant upward, or are my eyes doing wacky things? I think he looks like an emperor, so Ceasar fits him perfectly. He looks very dignified in the picture, but I bet he has his moments.

this is my one day weekend. Did 3 loads of laundry this morning. Ran to the hardware store for some weather stripping for my front door. The door on my house is probably close to 100yrs old, solid wood and has beveled glass window about 24"x48". It also lets in a lot of cold air and needed a new deadbolt housing. Also got a new window for my storm door going from the front porch to the outside. It got broke about 4yrs ago and was never fixed. My Mom taped some plastic over the broken glass and used it that way. My SIL broke it while doing snow removal and promised to fix it. Well, I've gotten a piece of plexiglas (much safer than glass) and he's going to do the fixing, I hope. I mean I paid for the window least he can do it put it in the frame. Unless he can't figure out how to do it, then I may have to ask the handyman next door.

So, now I'm relaxing for a bit. Think I'll find a blanket and go watch TV. Haven't even had the TV on for over a month. Hmm... wonder if I can even find anything decent to watch.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:14 PM   #10814
Stazon Splitcoast

I made a pot of chili for supper. Bought one of those mixes that you just add tomatoes and meat to. pretty good. Saved a bowl for the kid when he gets home from work, but the rest is going into the freezer for another meal. I work tomorrow and Monday, then have Tuesday off. Wednesday is my daughter's birthday, so will make a birthday supper for her on Tuesday. Making homemade Mac & cheese - it's one of her faves. Then I'm going to try to make a pumpkin cake, it's just a spice cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Hopefully with cream cheese frosting it will taste like her favorite pumpkin bars (I can't find my recipe) or at least close enough for her to be happy.

going to get off here and go relax for the evening and maybe try to get warm... this old barn is feeling mighty cold tonight, or maybe it's just me.

Old 10-07-2012, 06:46 AM   #10815
Pearl-ExPert

Good Morning!

Sue, the chili sounds yummy. I like the description of your front door, sounds like it is an older home with lots of character. I'm very fortunate that the place we bought 2 years ago is approx 100 years old. Still have the original hardwood floors and the previous owners put in lots of wood trim to match the era of the house. We so love living here and are even more thankful it is in a small town versus the city. Hope you get your storm door fixed without too much trouble and the pumpkin bars come out yummy!!!

Vikki, hope you don't get any colds, I'm sure the sneezes are bad. My best to you in finding a home for the beagle pup and would love to see a pic of the ornery kitten Mia. Funny thing, I have a co-worker who just adopted a kitten recently and her name is also Mia. Sounds about as ornery as the Mia you have. Glad I don't have any kittens right now, my 3 cats are enough of a handful!

Everyone have a wonderful Sunday. Might try to make it into the craft room, if I can stop coughing long enough to focus on creating. Man, do I dislike colds and upper respiratory viruses! BLECH!!!!!!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:20 AM   #10816

There are a few pics of Mia playing with her older brothers (we both got our cats from my neighbor, he has the mom.. Lord only knows who the daddy is!)

I try to send Julia a pic every day, she came up to play last weekend, but Mia wanted no part of her, Spook loved her though.

Tassa came over last night to see if I was caring for her plants correctly. WOW what a stressed out woman!

She has some that are houseplants and some that are outdoors, but for down south. she wants them to just dry out and be put in a closet. She took scissors and just whacked them off! They were so pretty!
She threw away the African Violets and Poinsettia "oh I'll just buy new ones"
She was freaking out over one she brought back from the Bahamas cuz it froze on the ride to my house (glad I didn't bring them)

A couple got knocked over so I now have dirt to clean up in my room... I said I would do it, cuz her stress level was causing me to get one. It was almost like she had drank 50 pots of coffee!

LOL

Well ladies.. Have a Nice Peaceful Sunday!

I'm hoping for one!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #10817
Stazon Splitcoast

at work now, really wish I wasn't though. Have lots of creative thoughts running through my mind that - not for stamping though. More for rearranging things in my house.

I need to get the last of my craft boxes out of the garage and off the front porch. I'm not sure what's exactly in those boxes and if it's anything like ink or stickles, it will be freezing pretty soon. So far been lucky and it's not gotten down below 32* - but it won't be long.

Noticed this morning that my right hand is very hot, very red and starting to swell. I have some issues with my skin being so dry that it cracks and bleeds on the knuckles. No matter how much lotion I use - I think it has something to do with all the scrubbing I have to do in the house, the washing of dishes and anything else that requires my hands to be in water. Can't wear rubber gloves because there is a allergy to latex. So... appears I have an infection started in my hand. Good thing my annual checkup is on Tuesday - my MD will be getting me a antibiotic prescription. Something super strong too - cause if it doesn't work and work fast, MRSA will be flaring and I'll be on a pic-line for 10 days and I don't want that for sure.

Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 PM   #10818
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Sue! I sure hope your doc gives you good stuff. If you have something specific in mind don't be afraid to ask for it!

I woke up with a headache this morning, and it sure is sticking around. I may get inky after supper though. I have to make six snow cards for Barb's swap yet.

Such a busy week this week. Chey has a grooming appointment at 6pm tomorrow night, and then she goes for her follow up visit to check her abscess and to get all of her annual shots and stuff on Thursday morning at 7:30am. I need to do grocery shopping Wednesday night (double coupons!!!), and I really should go get my haircut at some point.

Hope you are all having a good weekend!
Operation Write Home
Old 10-07-2012, 04:27 PM   #10819

Oh SUe, your hands sound so painful!

My Surgeon (the 2nd one) was looking at my scar from the first one and I told him it feels like I am sun burned or being poked with thumb tacks, clothes iratate it even more.. he said get Vitamin E and cut it open and rub it on... Wal Mart was out of that kind so I asked the Pharmacist if there was something else close since he said to use Vit. E

She showed me the hand lotion area.. tons of them with Vit E... Clint found one one the bottom shelf called Fruit of the Earth
It is in 2 jars saran wrapped (kinda) together for like $5
It WORKS!

I use it one my poor elbows too...AWESOME!

My Keloid scar isn't perfect, but its not burning so much!

I am allergic to Latex too.. so I never got into wearing gloves for dishes. My mother wears them to clean the bathroom

Be right back
Old 10-08-2012, 04:44 PM   #10820
Pearl-ExPert

Sue, ouch,ouch, ouch on your hand. Sure hope you can nip that in the bud!

Vikkijo, good for you on the Vit E. Glad it's helping.

Hope everyone had a good day!
Old 10-08-2012, 06:04 PM   #10821
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

Sue, i hope they give you something that helps your hand feel better quickly my goodness! your spice cake recipe sounds nummy, please save me a slice, LOL

Laurie, i hope Chey's appt goes well and she is feeling better. your idea for cookies at the OWH event sounds like a great idea! that is an amazing number of cards too...you all rock!

Vikki Jo, that is good news on the vit e.....try the dollar tree for the capsules. and that is crazy about the lady and her plants....WOW is right, sheesh!

where is Barb and Kerriann and Joy????

Grace i hope you feel better soon

we had a very nice weekend, we saw Total Recall sat nite, good movie. dinner tonite was lasagna

Caesar has settled in quite nicely and is getting more snuggle moments, esp in the morning. he does not meow very much but he sure can purr!

tomorrow Mom has a quick eye appt to check glaucoma #, then we are off on a few errands and maybe a quick lunch out somewhere not exp. the rest of the week is free for whatever, spose to be mostly rainy so maybe i will get inky..........

Old 10-08-2012, 06:48 PM   #10822

Chilly night tonight! I do not wanna know what the temp is.. I might freeze up!

Drama Queen (plant lady) whatever we call her is here tonight, with Troy and they have done nothing but fight! OMG

I am stying in my room but i can hear them quite wel

Troy came in here to apologize to me, stormed out then came back a bit later. A apologized again and went right back in to the man cave where she is ... so far quiet!

I can't believe Clint is putting up with it
Old 10-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #10823
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Ladies--I am headed to stamp camp this morning--the theme is Framelits. Then an appointment at the car dealer this afternoon and a church council meeting tonight. Busy Day, but I did get three sets of swap cards done yesterday!
Old 10-09-2012, 08:52 AM   #10824

Ooh Barb, stamp camp sounds like a fun way to spend a day! Love the Theme!
Old 10-09-2012, 10:46 AM   #10825
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

It was fun Vikki
Old 10-09-2012, 11:08 AM   #10826
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Oh SUe, your hands sound so painful!

My Surgeon (the 2nd one) was looking at my scar from the first one and I told him it feels like I am sun burned or being poked with thumb tacks, clothes iratate it even more.. he said get Vitamin E and cut it open and rub it on... Wal Mart was out of that kind so I asked the Pharmacist if there was something else close since he said to use Vit. E

She showed me the hand lotion area.. tons of them with Vit E... Clint found one one the bottom shelf called Fruit of the Earth
It is in 2 jars saran wrapped (kinda) together for like $5
It WORKS!

I use it one my poor elbows too...AWESOME!

My Keloid scar isn't perfect, but its not burning so much!

I am allergic to Latex too.. so I never got into wearing gloves for dishes. My mother wears them to clean the bathroom

Be right back
how's the odor? There are so many lotions that I just can't handle the perfume they add. Price sounds perfect tho.

Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #10827

Default Sure...

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
It was fun Vikki

Rub it in! LOL

I get to spend my day doing Physical Therapy!
Old 10-09-2012, 11:32 AM   #10828

Sue, it smells very nice! I can send you a little bit to try before you buy
Old 10-09-2012, 11:48 AM   #10829
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Sue, it smells very nice! I can send you a little bit to try before you buy
no need, I think I'll give it a try - if I don't like the smell on my hands, I can always use it on my feet

trying a new dessert recipe today. It only calls for a cake mix and a can of pumpkin. Of course the can of pumpkin I have is 29oz and the recipe calls for 15oz. Okay, so I break into my neighbor's house and steal a can of pumpkin from her cupboard. But the recipe says to mix the pumpkin into the dry cake mix and bake. What.... nothing else???? Lets hope this turns out otherwise I will have started a life of crime for nothing.

Oh, by the way, my neighbor is my daughter...

Old 10-09-2012, 02:13 PM   #10830
Crimping Master

Morning Girls,

we were away for the weekend at a wedding. Had a great time. I have spent the last few days catching up on housework and paperwork. Tody I have ironing to do. Fun!

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au
Old 10-09-2012, 03:39 PM   #10831

I have such great thoughts in my head but can not seem to get my butt to move

spose it doesn't help having a snuggly sleeping kitten in my arms! lol

Little Mia didn't like being home slone with out humans for 5 hours! LOL
Old 10-10-2012, 01:56 PM   #10832
Crimping Master

Hi all,

It started to rin during the night and is still going. I hope it lasts for a few days because everything is so dry. The grumpy Hubby won't be so pleased though.

I got lots of housework done yesterday. Even got rid of cobwebs. I have a load of washing to fold and iron and then it is all up to date.

Des is bringing the camper trailer in today so that we can change the rego over and he can show me a few things. Now that I think about it I might call him and get him to do it tomorrow as it won't be much fun in the rain.

I have a cranky Husband at the moment. I don't know if he is having a mid life crisis or something but he is cranky all the time. I've given up talking to him any more thatn I need to because he gets cranky at everything I say. He seems to think there is a conspiracy out there making his days ****ty. I think he needs a week off, but he won't let himself do it. He is tired won't say no to anything that anyone asks him to do (except me!) No idea how to get him out of this funk. Ignoring him doesn't work because I then get into trouble for ot talking to him. And they reckon women are moody! We are going to see Jersey Boys on Saturday night, so hopefully that will cheer him up. Problem is we were asked to babysit Annabelle and Fynlay the same night and he is cranky about that. I think he thinks Peta and Des did it because they knew we were going out and they know how much he loves having the kids. Honestly, this is the way is mind is working at the moment...... He is driving me mental!

I am working through more of the craft projects that I have collected. I am doing a little house and a book that folds out with a house inside at the moment. I will post pictures of them all soon, I promise.

Anyway, I need to do a few things before Bug gets up. Talk soon....

Because I Can........

Old 10-10-2012, 02:26 PM   #10833
Crimping Master

OK - Here's todays question. I was thinking about this in the shower and I suspect it is because it would be an easy way to put Browny out of his (read mine) misery......

Do yu have a gun. I don't want to get into a discussion about the whys and wherefors of gun ownership though. We had a couple of shotguns as kids. Because we lived on a farm we needed them. One lived behind the back door. We lived on a main rod, but were relatively isolated. That was our protection (apparently). About 20 years ago gun laws came into being. Dad was allowed guns because of what he did - and he had no police record. But, they all had to be locked in gun cabinets, etc, etc, etc. It is now very hard to get a gun licence and to own guns. Pistols only belong to police and people that shoot for fun - you know what I mean. And there are the illegal ones of course......

So, you guys have more liberal gun laws. Do you have one just because you can?

Because I Can........

Old 10-10-2012, 04:31 PM   #10834
Pearl-ExPert

Ok, Kerriann, you had me going there for a min with your last post. I can so understand your frustration with your dh. Mine has been in those 'moods' too. The last time I finally ended up blowing up and telling him that I had enough, literally. I don't remember what else I told him, but got the point across that he needed to figure out why he was in such a foul frame of mind, fix it or find a way to deal without lashing out at me. Took me a long time to get that angry, but it worked. I don't know what your answer is but hope you find it.

Sue, how's your hand?? Better I hope!!

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!!!
Old 10-10-2012, 07:37 PM   #10835

humm Kerriann, it may be the drugs I am on, but should I call Browny and tell him to shape up or he's in for trouble? LOL
I got a new pain med, ]yesterday.. I took it at bedtime and I still feel kinda
funny .Not funny happy, but bad... it's on my blog more details.

I called the doc and said I wouldn't take it again, so they gave me a different one to start tonight...anyhow its yet another I've never heard of (again on the blog) I don't do drugs! I do not like feeling NOT RIGHT or in control????

So I sat in the chair most the day blah blah feeling fighting with my blog....
I created these really cool backgrounds in MDS, so far all of them work except the one I did for October. Go figure! LOL
I think it was afraid of the spiders I used! lOl

anyhow guns....
I could get a permit to carry now... my felony assault (long story for another day) is long off my record, but Clint could never get one. But we do have guns here
Deer hunting, chipmunk shooting and I have 1 for real naughty icky critters that might venture into my yard
since I got hurt though I can not even shoot the 22... I used to sit on the deck and kill a dozen or so chipmunks a day! LOL

Now we have Musk Rats
ick ish nasty gross OMG
They seem to wanna live under the deck and only seem to be here when I am outside!
OH I hate them!

Okay It is after 9 and I feel so ugh
pain is becoming unbearable or it has just topped me off!@ I have cried so much today
I can not bring my hand to my face (eat, blow my nose, nothing) I can not turn on a light switch.. okay off the soap box....

HUGE HUGS ladies! i am going to bed

Oh! Gotta tell you

FIL bought a new flat screen cuz he thought his was broke for the computer
well he hooks up the new one... doesn't work
so he texts and asks if I can come see... ummm you must plug cord into outlet! he plugged in a cord, but it wasn't the one he thought he had.. MIL unplugged tghe monitor to vaccum.. LOL

well he liked the new one so he gave me the other... IT"S HUGE!
Old 10-11-2012, 08:35 AM   #10836
Stazon Splitcoast

Vikki, be careful with those musk rats. They will build a "lodge" for the winter. You need to get rid of them. They can be destructive. Muskrat - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Chey's appointment went very well. We are giving her an aggressive antibiotic for three more weeks to try to continue to shrink the cyst on her neck. We go back for a recheck on November 1st.
Operation Write Home
Old 10-11-2012, 09:23 AM   #10837

Oh yeah... we've been shooting them.. well I had to get one with the pitch fork cuz the dumb gun jammed
they like my deck
one was sitting up in the railing and in the dark out the window I thought it was one of the cats, Joker was going bonkers at the door... I opened the door and before I could reach 'the kitty' joker had it off the deck to the ground and was freaking out!
Then the dumb motion light come on! WOW
Clint shot one, straight up the butt it was looking at me not him.. and it didn't die!
They seem to take 4 shots to die.. time to grab the bigger guns I think!

PT today at 1... gonna talk to her about this surgeons assistant that says I am doing the wrong things if I am in this much pain yet

I can hold 3 pounds now with my right hand and turn my wrist, but I still can not pour my tea.. must have a bit to do with the balance and where the weight is in the pitcher.. ????????????????????????
Old 10-11-2012, 02:19 PM   #10838
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

Kerriann.....men go though MANopause! seriously, they go through SOMETHING, thats for real! crush up some midol and add to his dinner, LOL......

it is rather easy here to obtain a weapon, but there is talk about making stricter rules
due to the shootings we have been having....the bad have to ruin it for the good! i believe in the right to own them, and also to use them to protect ones family should the need arrise.....however, i also believe there needs to be tougher punishment for those who use them to do evil..........

Laurie, i hope Chey feels better very quickly, i hate that they cant talk to us to tell us how they really feel......you know?! poor babys

VikkiJo.......OMG poor chipmunks, ROFLMBO...... but,those muskrats are bad news and i hope you get rid if them all....nasty creatures!!

Caesar had his check up today, he did very well and is good til next fall except for Jan when we sched his nueter appt. he weighs a whopping 5pnds 8 1/2 ounces, LOL....the vet said he is sure he also has siamese in him due to his markings and the crossy eyes.......which is just fine with us, LOL............... he is napping now from his shots and the nasal thing.......

i put chili in the crock this morn, Robert will have chili cheese fries and i will build nachos

not much planned for tomorrow, hope to get creative

we watched Prometheus on ppv last nite, it is a tie in to the Aliens series, was pretty good

Old 10-11-2012, 07:31 PM   #10839

CAESAR RUN! they are gonna cut your ..... off in a couple months!

Wish I'd had my boys cut off.... darn fighting drives me crazy

hope all is well with everyone.. headache is insane today
pt was rough I feel like I got beat up

its all on me, at my pace, it's like I was lifting a person not a little dumb bell!
LOL guess some ppl are dumb bells too!
Old 10-14-2012, 07:50 AM   #10840
Pearl-ExPert

Good Sunday morning!

Vikkijo, some days are better than others. Don't have the 'boys' who fight, it's my two girls, Baby Dew and Smokey. Fortunately it's mostly half-hearted, but irritating none the less.

Had the October family birthday party yesterday for John, Jodi, & James {dh,dd,dd's hubby}. Was a pretty good day, lots of family and food. Jordan wasn't feeling good, don't know if she was cutting molars, starting to get the cold virus her dad had or both. She was really on the cranky side which is unusual for her, she's so bright and sunny normally. Jessie was so cute, cooing and smiling, time flies so fast, she's 4 months old tomorrow and Jordan will be 20 mo on the 23rd... they need to stay little longer! LOL...

Hope everyone has a great week!!!