Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #10681
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning--I am waiting for some lawn people from DuPont to come and check out our damaged trees from their lawn product--they were to be here at 8:00 and no call as to being late.....................

Then, a bunch of errands and time to stamp this afternoon.

Have a Marvelous Day--even as a Monday!
Do you have extra cards to donate to a Ronald McDonald House? Please click here

Whipper Snapper and/or Penny Black Cards ~ Due November 7th ~ With Prizes
New & Open ~ Snowy Cards and/or Big Guy in the Red Suit-Santa Cards ~ Due November 21st ~ With Prizes!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 08-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #10682
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

i hope everyone is doing well.......i dont know about the rest of you, but i am looking forward to Fall weather......we have dropped a bit in temps, no more 100+ days, but i am soo done with summer!!!

Mom and i went to a friends today for lunch, then we helped her organize and set up her scrap house. her hubby built her a beautiful lil house in their yard just for her scrap/stamp room! i know she is tickled pink and ready to get into the hobby better now that she will have space to play.......

Mom has NO appt in Sept so far, sooo, i am going to get busy and get her livingroom and hallway painted, i never did get around to it yet with everything going on. and i need to touch up the bathrooms from the reapir work too. her ramp needs work and the deck floor needs a fresh coat of paint as well, plus i will add sand to it to give the floor a safety grip type thing. so the "to-do" list is a lil long, but the hard part is just getting up and doing it, LOL...................

then our hallway needs a fresh coat as well, its been awhile since i painted so it is over due. the spare bath needs a make over as well.....i am very tired of the surf board theme, LOL................

sooo, there is a lot of paint in my future

not much else is going on, we had the Moms in for a ham dinner yesterday, and for today i made ham and bean soup.......something we haventr had in awhile.

Old 08-21-2012, 10:46 AM   #10683
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Holly, When I paint, I get more on me than the walls, so I don't really paint much. Ever. Ham sounds SO yummy! I may have to get one after my next payday.

Having a quiet day at work today, and I am really enjoying it to be perfectly honest with you all!

Cheyenne went for her grooming yesterday. She was SO happy while she was there. Then when we got home she got her Frosty Paw treat and was VERY excited about that.

I made another set of cards over the weekend. A set of 12 Christmas cards. I need three more sets of 12, and then I will be all set. 60 total. I also need to get September birthday cards done as well as a batch for OWH.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-21-2012, 01:31 PM   #10684
Crimping Master

Hi all,

Will be a lovely day here today. It is a bit cool at the moment and I still have my Ugg boots on. Roll on summer....

I have started a blog. Go along and have a look. I still have to put photo's up, but it is coming along... A Day in the Brown House

Today I am off to start my interior design course. I am excited. My big dilema is the time it starts - 10am. I leave home at 8am to drop the boys off and we get to school a bit before 8.15. The course is about 40 minutes away - in the same direction. To come home seems pointless, but I don't know what to do for an hour. A bit to early to shop, and I really don't want or need to do that at the moment. Too long to sit in a coffee shop. I could sit with my coffee and read, but I am reading '50 Shades of Grey' so that is probably not a good idea.

Anyways, I need to shower and put on some make up so that I make a good impression....

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au
Old 08-21-2012, 05:09 PM   #10685
Pearl-ExPert

Kerriann, Lovely blog

Hello to all, I will be away from the computer for some keen audit stuff at work tomorrow and thursday so very much fun I can't stand it.

on a related note; I LOVE to paint it's been 20 years or so since I painted a wall in my own home, but I have had the pleasure of helping out several others with the painting of theirs. I also have a pet peve about nails in the walls. I am proud to say I only have one nail in the wall to hang the kitchen clock.
member #1989

if you don't talk to your cat about catnip who will?
Old 08-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #10686
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning Ladies!

New & Open ~ Snowy Cards and/or Big Guy in the Red Suit-Santa Cards ~ Due November 21st ~ With Prizes!
Old 08-23-2012, 09:35 AM   #10687
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

happy Thursday
I have PT today

checked out the blog kerriann! YAY I haven't touched my blog in so long
It's probably dusty LOL
Old 08-23-2012, 12:38 PM   #10688
Stazon Splitcoast

I still do not have a blog. Maybe next summer. We shall see how life is going by then.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-23-2012, 03:48 PM   #10689
Hardware Hotshot

Hi Girls,

Kerriann, the blog is way cool!!!

both of the baths now have a frsh and final coat of paint, YAY!! i love to paint, but i hate the getting started part, LOL

next week will be the livingroom and hallway, and i am going to TRY to put Mom on a task while i paint. i told her i would lug out the footlockers full of photos, and while i paint she can start to get them sorted out for us kids. a task we were going to do in the fall,.......but, since we have sept free of appt's, it should be done and gotten outta the way we shall see!!!

not much else going on at the moment, Project Runway is on tonite, so i will be glued to the tube, LOL

we may do a lunch date to the Olive Garden this weekend for the never ending pasta bowl deal. for 9.95 its a great deal....

Old 08-24-2012, 06:25 AM   #10690
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

oh Holly I am so jealous right now!

I would love t with your mom and sort pics!

When year during Spring cleaning at my Grama's she was in a mood.. my mother was invading. Grama hated it that my mother would tear the house apart scrub walls and every nook and cranny.

well my task was to empty the one closet
Grama was a seamstress and that room was her sewing room, the closet was packed with piles and boxes of fabric and patterns
first i took the stuff off the shelves, I sat all the fabric in neat piles for Grama to decide what to do with.. she couldn't sew any more so it was all going to other ppl

then I came to boxes, mostly cut pieces for quilts...My lord there was tons!!!
after about a dozen trips to grama to ask where should I put it... some she'd look in and say it goes to ..... or toss in the dump
well I had 3 boxes in my arms and she never even looked... To the dump.
Told you she was in a mood

Well I am just too nosey to just toss them without at least seeing what's inside! LOL

The top box was more pieces cut for quilts.. bummed me a bit!
the other 2 were old pics!
I detoured to the car and kept them

at night I would wort them into baggies ..
first I lay the face down and matched them up by the type of edges, some had kind of a scallop

I would take 1 baggie at a time to Grama and she'd tell me who they were. She was #12 of 13 kids, I was able to put together a book of her family , her parents, grandparents each of her siblings and she tell me stories while looking at the pics so i wrote that up too

I gave her the book one year when i got all the pics in a place.. she bawled!!! Best gift I have ever given! Now I have the book back after she moved in with my mother. I've made copies and shared with her relatives that I've never met.

She has a niece in WA and a nephew in IA
Old 08-24-2012, 06:31 AM   #10691
Stazon Splitcoast

I inherited a lot of Grandma Rose's pictures. Unfortunately she couldn't see well enough to tell me much about them, and my Mom didn't know many of the people in them. I'm still glad I have them though!

My supper last night was good. Once if FINALLY got done cooking. I am going to post a link to the recipe. I think next time I make it though, I am going to put it all in the crock pot/slow cooker on low for 6-8 hours. It was very yummy. The temp/time on the recipe are way off though.

Cheesy Pork Chop Casserole Recipe - Allrecipes.com

I am hoping to get a set of cards done this weekend, but I have a busy weekend ahead. Spending some time running errands, and I have a birthday party to go to. I am probably also dog sitting for the neighbor. We laugh that we have joint custody of each other's dogs!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #10692
Crimping Master

Morning Girls,

I went to folk art yesterday. I practised painting roses. Annabelle liked the heart that I made so we stuck it onto her bed.
We had heaps of fun at the art gallery yesterday afternoon. There are pictures on FB. Fyn had no sleep yesterday and was great - until Bug got home from school. He does not like him at all. Bizarre, as Annabelle worships the ground he walks on. We then went to get fish and chips for dinner before Bug went to band practice and youth. Fyn screamed when Bug got in the car. It is pretty funny, although I don't think Bug thinks so...
Well, I have jsut hung out a load of washing and there is another in the machine. The house was relatively tidy when we went to bed last night, but it looks like a bomb hit already and it is only 9am. Annabelle wants to bake and do some craft. I need to tidy my desk before she starts. And wash up....
Browny and Bug are going to wash the truck shortly. I am going to quickly visit a friend, do a little bit of shopping and then we are home for the rest of the day. Browny is off to work in the morning, so we really won't see him this weekend. Peta is picking the kids about about lunch time tomorrow and then I am off to a thermomix demonstration. I have heard lots of wonderful thigs about them but really don't now if they are worth the price. It will be good to see one in action.
Attached Thumbnails
001.jpg   002.jpg  

Because I Can........

Old 08-25-2012, 06:16 AM   #10693
Stazon Splitcoast

This is my one-day weekend. Got a load of laundry on the line and second load in the washer. Enjoying my second cup of coffee while I sort through some boxes. So far my "paths" are wider, but I am hoping that by the end of Sept, I will no longer have "paths" - the rooms will be free of 80% of the boxes.

Divorce papers were served to me about 3wks ago - haven't heard anything since then. Wonder what that means?

Going to try to have a relaxing day today so that I feel rested tomorrow for work.

Tuesday I'm picking up my new glasses and then hope to work some more on shifting stuff out the door to the Goodwill Store.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 08-26-2012, 02:59 PM   #10694
Hardware Hotshot

WOW! Vikki-Jo! that is the most you have typed in a long time, and it is wonderful!!!!!

Old 08-26-2012, 03:13 PM   #10695
Hardware Hotshot

Mom would love for you girls to sit and chat over the photos

Vikki, it is very lucky you "snooped" and saved those pictures, LOL.....and, what a beautiful gift you gave your Grammy!!!

the weekend was nice altho very rainy.

last nite we watched The Lorax, and Red Tails. both are very good movies.

i threw one of our fav dishes in the crock today and we ate it over rice instead of noodles for a bit of a change. i cant wait for soup and stew season!

alot of the stores are marking down patio stuff, so i have been watching the propane fire pits, i would love to have one on the deck and go sit out there with hot chocolates and maybe do smores, LOL......i know, they say you arent supose to cook with those, but hey, its only heating a marshmallow

Old 08-26-2012, 03:19 PM   #10696
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
This is my one-day weekend. Got a load of laundry on the line and second load in the washer. Enjoying my second cup of coffee while I sort through some boxes. So far my "paths" are wider, but I am hoping that by the end of Sept, I will no longer have "paths" - the rooms will be free of 80% of the boxes.

Divorce papers were served to me about 3wks ago - haven't heard anything since then. Wonder what that means?

Going to try to have a relaxing day today so that I feel rested tomorrow for work.

Tuesday I'm picking up my new glasses and then hope to work some more on shifting stuff out the door to the Goodwill Store.
Big huge hugs to you Sue (((((HUGS)))))

Old 08-26-2012, 03:49 PM   #10697
Hardware Hotshot

i just found the link to this in the gallery, it is super cute!
that bundle is on my wishlist

Stamping to Share: 8/20 Stampin' Up! Perfectly Preserved Nugget Jar

Old 08-27-2012, 01:36 PM   #10698
Hardware Hotshot

weelll........we are going tomorrow to get a different paint color..................

the one we choose dried to a very soft powder like pink! think of SU Blush Blossom! it is actually pretty......just not for where we are painting, LOL if they wont let her return it, we will use it later in her bedroom and laundry room.

oh well, at least i only did one small section

Old 08-27-2012, 01:53 PM   #10699
Crimping Master

what colour was it supposed to be?

Because I Can........

Old 08-27-2012, 04:15 PM   #10700
Proud Fan Club Member
Splitcoast Challenge Hostess

Send a message via Skype™ to ashjoy

Ashlyn got the job she interviewed for last week. Woot! Woot!
Old 08-28-2012, 06:29 AM   #10701
Stazon Splitcoast

What color are you going for Holly? My friend Tim is amused that I refer to things in Stampin Up colors! I think a lot of us do!

Hoping today is a much better day. yesterday just didn't go well. Rather annoying. Nothing terrible. Just your typical Monday. QuickBooks wouldn't open on my computer, and that didn't get fixed until about an hour and a half before I went home. Some other minor yuck. Oh well! Today should be MUCH better!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-28-2012, 06:31 AM   #10702
Stazon Splitcoast

Joyce, glad Ashlyn got the job! YEAH!

Sue, look your papers over closely so you don't miss any important due dates or court appearances. Hope your new glasses are working out. I know it can take a bit of time to adjust to them!

Dawn, what's new?
Operation Write Home
Old 08-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #10703
Hardware Hotshot

Congrats to Ashlyn!!

it is funny how we refer to SU colors, LOL...........

we were going for something close to i guess what would be Creamy Caramel. today Mom chose Sandscript Tan........perfect! i have the first coat up and its looking very good.

dinner tonite is sloppy joes and beans, nuttin fancy!

Laurie that porkchop recipe sounds very nummy, will have to give it a try.

Young Rob called me today, he said they could be home as early as mid oct, YAY!!! i have been buying him some of the things he will need for his next barracks room, towels, sheet sets, toiletries etc etc, so he will be all set when he does get back.
and, he said they may be on leave for all of Dec, wouldnt that be awesome!!

i am hoping to get inky this weekend, we shall see!

Old 08-28-2012, 12:42 PM   #10704
Hardware Hotshot

Barb!!!
this card is gorgeous! love the colors

Barb's Inkin' into Retirement: Sharing in Your Sorrow Card

Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #10705
Stazon Splitcoast

Holly, if you make it in the oven, please note that they were not even close to done at 350 degrees for one hour. I am not a good enough cook to know what it should be adjusted to, so I really think next time I make it I will put in in the crock pot on low for 6-8 hours.
Operation Write Home
Old 08-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #10706
Hardware Hotshot

the crockpot sounds perfect Laurie!

i could load it up and let it go all day.............sounds perfect for me,

Old 08-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #10707
Stazon Splitcoast

I was so mad when I took it out and the potatoes were still raw, and the porkchops were only partially cooked. Ugh!
Operation Write Home
Old 08-28-2012, 01:13 PM   #10708
Hardware Hotshot

Kerriann,
the pics on your blog of the kids are so sweet! i cant believe how they have grown, esp Fyn!!! wow!!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:14 PM   #10709
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
I was so mad when I took it out and the potatoes were still raw, and the porkchops were only partially cooked. Ugh!
LOL, yep, that is very annoying! esp with pork where you cant eat it even a lil rare!

Old 08-28-2012, 01:51 PM   #10710
Pearl-ExPert

Laurie, thanks for the happy mail. Sure brightened my day, especially since I've been down for the last couple with a nasty virus. Hoping to go back to work tomorrow, I feel almost human again.
Old 08-28-2012, 06:27 PM   #10711
SCS RAK Coordinator

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
Barb!!!
this card is gorgeous! love the colors

Barb's Inkin' into Retirement: Sharing in Your Sorrow Card

Old 08-29-2012, 01:38 AM   #10712
Crimping Master

Hi Girls,

I did some scrapping today - woo hoo...... I am sorry that one is the wrong way around but I can't for the life of me turn it around. I keep getting a stupid error message. I would load it again but my phone is on the dock in my bedroom and I am too lazy to get it.

I had a great day today. I visted a fried for early coffee, went scrapping and then came home and did some ironing. My house is a bit of a mess but I am hoping to put it right tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
003.jpg   002.jpg  

Because I Can........

Old 08-29-2012, 06:27 AM   #10713
Stazon Splitcoast

The pages are wonderful Kerriann! Love them!

My apartment needs a good cleaning. Since we have a long weekend with the holiday, I figure this weekend will be a good time to tackle that chore! The fun never stops!

I also need to make a set of Christmas cards and a set of birthday cards. 12 cards for each set...
Operation Write Home
Old 08-30-2012, 03:56 PM   #10714
Hardware Hotshot

Kerriann, the pages are gorgeous!

well, the livingroom is done and looking sooo much better! and i started on the cutwork in the hallway. wont take long to finish that either.

dinner last nite is what i dubbed "ravioli makeover"!

in the crockpot put:
4 cans mini raviolis ( i used walmart brand)
1 can diced tomatoes undrained
1/2 pound browned and crumbled hot italian sausage
dash of crushed red pepper
dash of italian spice
fresh garlic
fresh basil ( i have a lil still growing on the deck!)
1/2 cup shredded mozzerella cheese
1/4 cup of italian salad dressing

mix well and set on low all day

the raviolis do kinda fall apart, but are still nummy, LOL

it made enough for us, his lunch today, and a dish to both moms......

tonite we had a frozen hormel potroast easy peasy!

Old 09-01-2012, 08:40 AM   #10715
Hardware Hotshot

HAPPY SEPTEMBER!!!

this year is really flying by!

theres not a cloud in the sky today, and it is HOT!! i want the rainy days back, LOL.................

Old 09-03-2012, 07:23 AM   #10716
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning from Manistique, Michigan.

The biking vacation has been good so far--two nights camping and the ladies are on their second day of biking. The weather has been great for biking and also for sleeping--though there is a possible thunderstorm this afternoon.

First campsite was in Escanaba and we were pretty much alone in the back of the park--but trains were by all night long. I also decided that I needed a real pillow and an air mattress if I was going to get any sleep at all--so as they headed out to ride, I went shoping. Got the groceries needed for supper last night as well as tonight and got an air mattress and pillow at Wal-mart!

Sleeping last night was better, however the party site across from us did not head to bed until close to 2 am! The ladies are on their way to our third night at a rustic campground right along Lake Michigan; I got needed supplies, stopped at Hardees to use their Wi-Fi and I am headed out to check on them along the way--I will try to check each day around 2-2 1/2 hours into the trip.

Tomorrow night we are in a hotel in St. Ignace, so I will check in then. Have a great Labor Day!

Old 09-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #10717
Crimping Master

Barb, sounds like you are all having fun. Except maybe for the sleeping....

For some reason I woke up at 5am this morning. After tossing and turning for a while I decided to get up. It was darak and cold. Why do people like getting up this early?

I came down with a cold on Thursday aftenoon. Friday I spent in bed and Saturday I spent on the lounge. Sunday I did a bit around the house, but was so discouraged at the state of it, that I went back to watching TV. I am hoping that after seeing the state of the house after me being sick for a few days may have shown the men what I do actually do but I don't think so. Sunday was Father's Day. We didn't do much as Browny was cranky, and I got even crankier, but we did have nice chinese for dinner. They have had someone different doing the operations for the people we cart for lately and it has put Browny in a much better mood. The old guy was back last week and the difference in his mood was appalling. I finally spat the dummy about it. He gor Bug and asked him about the moods. Bug said that yes, he had been extra cranky and that makes Mum extra cranky. I think he is finally starting to hear my mantra. I say it enough, but for some reason he doesn't hear it -"if your not happy then the rest of the house is upset. Do something that makes you happy and it will all work out in the end"

Anyways, the cold is gone and I am getting the huse back to normal. I think it will take me the rest of the week to catch up with the washing - where does it come from????

One more cranky rant before I get on to other things. As you know it was the end of the month on Friday. I do invoices and run sheets up on MOnday mornings and email them to the ofrfice girl. Ont he run sheet it has all the details of the loads that were done including the docket number and what it was. I post their copies of the dockets and stuff on Monday or Tuesday, so generally they have them by Wednesday most weeks. I have rehashed the run sheet so that they get more information than they asked for. No other contractor does this. So, at 9am yesterday morning I had an email fromt he office girl reminding me that it was end of month and to post the dockets as she needed them quickly to finalise her month.
OK - It is 9am on the first working day of the month
She already has all the information on my spreadsheet, but not hard copies
She pissed me off, so I sent her a narky reply saying that having the hard copy by the third or fourth working day of the month should be more than sufficient, considering that she receives all the info she needs well before lunchtime every Monday.
She sent a reply email that perhaps I could post them over the weekend when it is end of month.
Methinks that she can wait even longer for her info next month......Browny says I am being petty, but she pissed me off!

OK - it is a beautiful day now that the sun is out. Spring is really here. Today I am doing housework and some craft. There is lots of ironing to do and I need to bake because it is my turn to do supper for Bug's youth group on Friday night. Next week Bug has exams at school, then he goes to camp and then he has two weeks holiday. After that there are about eight weeks of school left for the year. I have no idea what he is planning to do in the holidays. A few of them have season passes for Movie World and Wet n Wild, so I expect they will spend a fair bit of time at the coast now that they have a driver.

Well, I must have a shower and get ready for the day!

Because I Can........

Old 09-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #10718
Pearl-ExPert

Kerriann, I completely understand your response on that and I don't blame you for wanting to make her wait even longer next month. That is a rotten way to behave toward anyone!
Old 09-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #10719
SCS RAK Coordinator

Checking in from St. Ignace--we got our first rain of the trip and it stormed hard for about 2 hours last night before we made supper. We have a canopy--Wisconsin Badgers in fact--that we put over half of the picnic table and still could use the stove on the end. The tents did well and we were not wet!

We have a hotel stay tonight and are also meeting some friends for out for supper. Trip to Mackinac Island on the ferry tomorrow and the plan is to take all four bikes over--however the report is 70% chance of rain, so that may change. Then. driving to our next campsite--Wilderness State Park.

Until Next Time---Have a great week!

Old 09-04-2012, 12:44 PM   #10720
Crimping Master

Morning Girls

I woke up cold again this morning. The mornings seem to be freezing at the moment. I have my robe on again.

I did some scrapping yesterday instead of housework. Honestly, the place looks like a bomb hit it. I did do a little bit of ironing and last night I folded the washing, so I felt like I had done something constructive before I went to bed.

I am on the second book in the 'Fifty Shades' saga. Towards the end of the last one it got a bit boring, and the beginning of this one was the same. But I bought all three so I plugged on. From about a third of the way through this one it has got interesting again, so I read for much longer that I really wanted last night - I though I would just finish the chapter that I couldn't the night before. I know I have issues, but I am finding the pshycology (sp) of it all really interesting.

I have discovered the best - wet of to another planet for the moment and I have no idea what I was going to say. Very, very sad!

We chose these colours as the 'base' for redoing the house. I have been sleeping on it and have decided that the blue needs to be green. It is just too boring. I might have to change the other shades slightly now. Will let you know wht I decide on after my class today.

I have been scrapping too - this is what I made. Yes - one of them is sitting on a pizza box and there are purple carrots in the background. In fact there are a whole heap of vegies in the background - I was too lazy to put the away yesterday.... I think Bug is the only 16 year old in the world that doesn't have lots of photos of himself and his friends. He takes pictures of scenery. This is a picture he took at Christmas time when he had his bike down at his Dad's place. It is a brilliant photo - when you look at the whole thing and not just the bit I have cropped. I didn't realise that the landscape is so beautiful around Canberra. For some reason I only ever think of Canberra as a city - it is our national capital - I forget that there is land around it!

Anways, there is a lunch to make and I need to make myself presentable to the world - cya..
Attached Thumbnails
008.jpg   004.jpg   006.jpg  

Because I Can........