Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2010, 03:10 PM   #961
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Oh, that sounds pretty Karen...Yes Cranberry Crisp was an In Color.

Monday nights are really crazy around here, so a little preplanning goes a long way. I've been doing this for a month or so now, and it works out really well. The crock pot works great because we get a good meal without heating up the oven and making the air work harder.
Operation Write Home
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #962
Crimping Master

Morning all,
My kitchen has wooden cupboards, the tiles are a paler creamy caramel and the bench tops are a pinky sort of colour which is hard to explain. The walls are strange dark yellow (think colours that go with terracotta).

My bathroom is still stuck in the late 80's so far as the tiles and the bench goes - they are grey. The walls are a pale medium blue. I have purple and black for the towels and stuff and it looks fine. One day I am going to venture out and paint the floor tiles, as I can't justify redoing anything because it is in really good condition.

Today is a really yucky day outside. It isn't raining, but we had rain yesterday and rain overnight. It is supposed to rain most of the week. At least that means that it won't be particularly cold I suppose.

I got through a lot of my mess at my desk and now have a huge pile of filing and a huge pile of uni stuff. I have all my bookwork for end of financial year ready for the accountant, so I need to go and buy some archive boxes to put the paperwork into. Then I can start filing this year's stuff - I hate the crossover between finanical years - you have to have both able to be accessed for a while! Very boring aren't I?

I have been trying to work out what to do for my swap. I have this great paper that looks like old sewing patterns and I am trying to incorporate that into my favourite colours which are purple and orange. I don't hink it's going to happen and will just have to make another card for each of you out of it. I have paper and my Big Shot spread out all over the lounge room floor!

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au

Last edited by Kerriannb; 09-13-2010 at 03:27 AM..
Old 07-25-2010, 03:33 PM   #963
Crimping Master

It is funny how we describe colours by SU colours. We get our new catty in September. We will have all the same colours as you guys and (apparently) the rest will be 90% of what you guys have. I am not going to miss many of the colours and am looking forward to having less to choose from. All my faves are staying.

I am a bit ****, so organise my meals for the whole week in advance, and have a special shopping list. It comes from having to be really organised when the kids were small. Mitch was ADHD and routine was all important, and Bug was a chronic asthmatic. If I wasn't organised the world fell apart! I also now have a husband who doesn't like leftovers or anything made from a jar or packet. At least he is generally only home a couple nights per week, but his likes have rubbed off on Bug! They also think meat and 6 veg is the only real meal to have........

Because I Can........

Last edited by Kerriannb; 09-13-2010 at 03:27 AM..
Old 07-25-2010, 03:47 PM   #964
Stazon Splitcoast

Kerriann, your comment about Mitch being ADHD and needing a routine made me think of a guy I used to work with. His demon child (now 15) is ADHD. NO routine in his life at all, and he is a wreck! Lack of parenting surely doesn't help either. They are divorced, and why they were allowed to have a child is way beyond me. I'm sure the Lord has a plan, but this one makes me go HHHMMMMM.....

I love the tile in your kitchen!! Really pretty!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-25-2010, 03:54 PM   #965
Hardware Hotshot

LOL, yes it is funny how we refer to SU colors for stuff!

my craft room, the lower half of the walls are close to Gable Green and the top is white

i'm always curious about everyones color choices

i want to repaint the spare bath, right now its dark blue with surfboard wallpaper boarder. its small and the dark color makes it seem even smaller.........

you can see it in my avatar

Old 07-25-2010, 03:55 PM   #966
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Hello Everyone--I have been out and about today. We went to Germanfest, on the lakefront in downtown Milwaukee. We went to the 10:30 German/English church service and then got into the festival for free--saved $13! We had some good food and listened to some bands too. Left around 3:30 and stopped for some groceries on the way home.

Swap Details: How does this sound?

Barb---Favorite color--red/white
Laurie---Sympathy Theme
Holly---Fave Color & Theme Combo
Kerriann---Fave Color
Rachel--Theme
Karen---Favorite Color--Espresso/Cherry Cobbler maybe
Vikki---#5 Combo

The due date is September 15th--I will swap them out as soon as all six packages are here.

You will send me 7 cards and you will get 6 of the other cards back--you willl not get one of your own back.

If you need more details on a swap in general, see the links in my siggy--and you are sure welcome to come and join those too!

Kerriann--you do not need to send return postage or a return envie--I will pay for the return and then when you host a swap, you can pay for mine. Just send me a label with your address on it if possible.

As soon as Laurie gets everyone's email address, I will send the info to you, so you can print it out if needed.

So, with Kerriann maybe doing round 2--how about a winter theme--snow, snowmen, etc.? I realize that if she hosts one due maybe in mid-January, that is probably her summer.................................
Old 07-25-2010, 03:56 PM   #967
Mad Swapper

Send a message via AIM to Kjpp

Kerriann...I love your counter top color. What a nice big kitchen!!!!
I LOVE using my crockpot...send any recipes you have. Jim is the same..he is a huge "meat and potatoes" kinda of guy. NO leftovers...NONE! Unless it's from the crockpot. I make a really sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet beef stew. That he will eat till the cows come home! It's been just so hot...so awful hot...I can't even think of a good meal anymore..and I would LOVED any suggestions!
Old 07-25-2010, 03:57 PM   #968
Hardware Hotshot

Karen, are you ordering then end of this month or next?

Old 07-25-2010, 03:59 PM   #969
Mad Swapper

Okay...I am totally excited! ..but totally dumb! I should make seven cards?? I got that I think. But what about the return envelope? I did a recipe swap once, and we sent a self-addressed envelope for the host to send back. Don't you need that?? Youa re sooo wonderful to do this! I really love having a card mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:04 PM   #970
Hardware Hotshot

Karen you post it and note pad are beautiful!!!!

how'd you make the label shapes on the front? did you make the pen too?

Old 07-25-2010, 04:07 PM   #971
Hardware Hotshot

SPEW ALERT! SPEW ALERT!! warning warning

DS has been here for the weekend, and we had some leftover wafflefries in the fridge, well he decided to reheat them and have them with his dinner

guess HOW he was gonna reheat them?????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????

the TOASTER!!!!!!!!!!! OMG, he's almost 23, i thought they out grew goofyness by that age LOL

maybe its just a guy thing!

Old 07-25-2010, 04:14 PM   #972
SCS RAK Coordinator

Here are some of details:

You send me seven of the cards--I keep one as the hostess and send you six cards back--one from each of the other swappers--drammless ladies!

You send your cards to me in a ziploc bag and include a self-addressed return envelope. That envelope should have the same amount of stamps that it took to mail the envie to me. Then, put in an extra 2-3 stamps, just in case the return cards weigh more than the ones you send. Put the cards (in ziploc bag) an addressed return envelope, a couple of extra stamps, and all of those things go an a larger envie to send to me. Some people send swaps to me in a Priority Envie for $4.90. I return them the same way if they send me the $4.90 stamp and a self-addressed Priority Label--they do not need to send the envie as I can get that here at the post office for free. The way I send swaps is the return envie is a padded envie. I put my cards in that envie and then place that padded envie in a regular manilla envelope and seal that up. That way the cards are protected in the padded envie, but I am only using one padded one instead of two.

Does all of this make any sense at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjpp View Post
Okay...I am totally excited! ..but totally dumb! I should make seven cards?? I got that I think. But what about the return envelope? I did a recipe swap once, and we sent a self-addressed envelope for the host to send back. Don't you need that?? Youa re sooo wonderful to do this! I really love having a card mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #973
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Hello Everyone--I have been out and about today. We went to Germanfest, on the lakefront in downtown Milwaukee. We went to the 10:30 German/English church service and then got into the festival for free--saved $13! We had some good food and listened to some bands too. Left around 3:30 and stopped for some groceries on the way home.

Swap Details: How does this sound?

Laurie---Sympathy Theme
Kerriann---Fave Color
Rachel--Theme
Vikki---#5 Combo

The due date is September 15th--I will swap them out as soon as all six packages are here.

You will send me 7 cards and you will get 6 of the other cards back--you willl not get one of your own back.

If you need more details on a swap in general, see the links in my siggy--and you are sure welcome to come and join those too!

Kerriann--you do not need to send return postage or a return envie--I will pay for the return and then when you host a swap, you can pay for mine. Just send me a label with your address on it if possible.

As soon as Laurie gets everyone's email address, I will send the info to you, so you can print it out if needed.

So, with Kerriann maybe doing round 2--how about a winter theme--snow, snowmen, etc.? I realize that if she hosts one due maybe in mid-January, that is probably her summer.................................
Barb, Your day sounded great. I love German stuff and all my family comes from Germany originally - they were/are all good german lutherans. That's my excuse to drink beer anyway!

Swap details sound great. My colours will be orange and purple.

The winter theme will be fine for me. It will be summer, but it is also Christmas, so it will all fit.

Because I Can........

Last edited by Kerriannb; 07-25-2010 at 04:24 PM.. Reason: added extra
Old 07-25-2010, 04:23 PM   #974
Mad Swapper

ROFLOL Holly, on the toaster!!!!! I am planning on ordering end of this month...about a week from now. But no worry, having a sister in SU means I usually put in a lot of orders. Whatever works for you is fine. No worries. I made the label from a stamp set i got from GinaK called "Organize it". LOVE that set. I paper pierced the dp paper in the middle so it looks a lot more complicated than it really is. I do love GinaK! I just added the paper to the inside of the pen to make it be a set. It's an easy thing to do. GinaK gives ideas on how to do it. I"ve always said I'm not clever, but I do recognize those who are! I love doing paper projects. I have way too much DP paper and hopefully, I can put it to good use for some Christmas projects.
Old 07-25-2010, 04:28 PM   #975
Crimping Master

Quote:
Kerriann...I love your counter top color. What a nice big kitchen!!!!
I LOVE using my crockpot...send any recipes you have. Jim is the same..he is a huge "meat and potatoes" kinda of guy. NO leftovers...NONE! Unless it's from the crockpot. I make a really sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet beef stew. That he will eat till the cows come home! It's been just so hot...so awful hot...I can't even think of a good meal anymore..and I would LOVED any suggestions!
The photo is misleading. The kitchen is only big if you look at it from that way and include the table. The table area is open onto the family room so it is all really one big area.
I am so glad someone else has a 'meat and potatoes' husband. It can be so annoying, when I would just love a pasta, or vegetarian or something. Cooking when it is hot is awful. It really is so hard to think of exciting things to cook. I tend to go for meat and salad, which is so not exciting!

Because I Can........

Old 07-25-2010, 04:30 PM   #976
Crimping Master

Some males never learn Holly. I have one like that and two that are fine. It really makes you wonder though, doesn't it?

Because I Can........

Old 07-25-2010, 04:44 PM   #977
SCS RAK Coordinator

Swap Information:

Laurie---Sympathy Theme
Kerriann---Fave Color --orange and purple
Rachel--Theme
Vikki---#5 Combo

You will send me 7 cards and you will get one of each of the 6 other cards back--you willl not get one of your own back. The extra one is for me as the hostess. You do not need to provide envies, unless you card is not a regular size.

Send your seven cards in a ziploc bag, include a return envie with the same postage as what it will cost to send to me, a few additional loose stamps and then put all of those things in a large envie to send to me. You will have my addy when Laurie sends the list out with email addresses on it. If you want me to return your swap Priority, just send me a stamp and an addressed Priority label--I will provide the mailer. Please do not use metered stamps for the return--my post office does not accept them--regular old fashioned stamps only......................................

Use good quality cardstock (SU, Gina K, PTI) at least two layers and at least one embellishment. Any stamp set from any company is great!

Did I miss anything?
Old 07-25-2010, 04:48 PM   #978
Crimping Master

Quote:
Swap Information:

Laurie---Sympathy Theme
Kerriann---Fave Color --orange and purple
Rachel--Theme
Vikki---#5 Combo

You will send me 7 cards and you will get one of each of the 6 other cards back--you willl not get one of your own back. The extra one is for me as the hostess. You do not need to provide envies, unless you card is not a regular size.

Send your seven cards in a ziploc bag, include a return envie with the same postage as what it will cost to send to me, a few additional loose stamps and then put all of those things in a large envie to send to me. You will have my addy when Laurie sends the list out with email addresses on it. If you want me to return your swap Priority, just send me a stamp and an addressed Priority label--I will provide the mailer. Please do not use metered stamps for the return--my post office does not accept them--regular old fashioned stamps only......................................

Use good quality cardstock (SU, Gina K, PTI) at least two layers and at least one embellishment. Any stamp set from any company is great!

Did I miss anything?
Do I have to use a stamp set? I am leaning towards a large embellishment instead....

Because I Can........

Old 07-25-2010, 05:47 PM   #979
Stazon Splitcoast

A Year of Slow Cooking
Operation Write Home
Old 07-26-2010, 01:55 AM   #980
Crimping Master

Just booked tickets to see "Wicked" at the theatre in January. Six of us girls are going to a matinee and then having early dinner. Catching the train in and out of town so that we can have a wine or two with our meal. Should be great! Just in case you don't know it is the 'prequel' to "The Wizard of Oz". A friend of mine went to Sydney to see it a few months ago and said it was great. Apparently the effects are brilliant. I love being so close to our capital city, but far enough away that we have a bit or rural around us.

Because I Can........

Old 07-26-2010, 07:08 AM   #981
Stazon Splitcoast

Wicked is here in Milwaukee starting next week I think....Looks great! You will have fun!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-26-2010, 08:19 AM   #982
SCS RAK Coordinator

not sure--what do the others think?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerriannb View Post
Do I have to use a stamp set? I am leaning towards a large embellishment instead....
Old 07-26-2010, 08:20 AM   #983
SCS RAK Coordinator

Wicked is an awesome musical--I saw it in Chicago maybe 3 years ago. Love the music and the storyline.
Old 07-26-2010, 08:37 AM   #984
Stazon Splitcoast

Matters not to me!
Operation Write Home
Old 07-26-2010, 09:37 AM   #985
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Just booked tickets to see "Wicked" at the theatre in January. Six of us girls are going to a matinee and then having early dinner. Catching the train in and out of town so that we can have a wine or two with our meal. Should be great! Just in case you don't know it is the 'prequel' to "The Wizard of Oz". A friend of mine went to Sydney to see it a few months ago and said it was great. Apparently the effects are brilliant. I love being so close to our capital city, but far enough away that we have a bit or rural around us.

WOW! that sounds awesome!

Old 07-26-2010, 09:38 AM   #986
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
not sure--what do the others think?

sounds fine to me too

Old 07-26-2010, 01:37 PM   #987
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!
Default works for me too!

Quote:

Whatever 'your' favorite thing is dear!
Old 07-26-2010, 01:51 PM   #988

Okay... its official men are dorks!

DS2 used to try to reheat everything in the toaster too. hamburger patties included!
I always figured it was his ADHD

and anyone with ADD or ADHD needs structure and organization. Consistency is so important.
I am finding that I became so used to that being a part of my life tha65t even now tha65t Andy isn't living in my house I still need it .. work drives me crazy cuz of the lack of it!

Bthm is the original 70's floor and counter, but the walls were re paneled with a rose and hunter viney look on white. and I have some Victorian wood things my mom made that are Blue, Pink and Grey on the wall.
Kitchen has that same paneling (so does the hallway) but the entire house is wood floors. (except my den it has a dark rose color carpet)
I am into Blue mostly but I like Victorian too (Rose, hunter pink Grey white)

Max is walking on the keyboard and rubbing my face I think he wants attention!

Karen love the journal set!

Oh check this out..
Australia Time and Season
Kerriann lives in the dark Orange on the far right.

Kerriann I am so jealous of your counter space! I have some, but is there ever really enough!? LOL

Barb.. thank you! I am so glad you are a hotess that does it that way! I hosted a swap and that is how I did it too, and they all complained! I love it not getting mine back

Not sure if its this humidity or what but I have had a headache for days (thank God not a migraine)
Old 07-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #989

Question.. (or opinion)

Name some songs for the reception.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:53 PM   #990

Oh and before I forget again... is religion an offensive topic for any of you girls?
Old 07-26-2010, 02:20 PM   #991
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
Question.. (or opinion)

Randy Travis Forever and ever amen
Collin Raye Love Me
Dolly or Whitney I will always love you

Old 07-26-2010, 02:22 PM   #992
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Oh and before I forget again... is religion an offensive topic for any of you girls?
not at all my dear!

Old 07-26-2010, 03:02 PM   #993
Crimping Master

HI there,

I probably will use a stamp set, but have an idea without one, so will see what happens.

Religion is fine with me. Bug & I go to church but no-one else in the family does, so we are used to interesting conversations......

Sheridon is going to do my housework today while I am at uni. Can't wait to come home to a clean, tidy house!

Must go and have some breakfast.

Because I Can........

Old 07-26-2010, 03:22 PM   #994
Mad Swapper

..Oh I don't care if a stamp is used or not! Whatever you want to make and that you enjoy making is good with me!
On religion--I don't have a problem. I come from a very diverse family. My sister is married to a Minister, and has very strict beliefs. My mom is Catholic and we were all rasied as Catholics. But I don't think any religion is wrong, or that any religion is more right than another. I do believe that there is something out there we can't understand..... That said, I did not raise my children to any one religion. I did have them baptized. It meant a lot to my Mom. Now that they are older I wish I had given them more of a strutured faith. I do pray myself. But I also believe that those who we love who have died, can still have some kind of influence in our lives...that they are somehow still present, and still a part of us.
.............well, i guess I just gave ya all my feelings!
Old 07-26-2010, 03:27 PM   #995
Mad Swapper

Quote:
Question.. (or opinion)

gosh, I would only know oldies but goodies...Like "just you and I" by Crystal Gail...or "watching the river run" by Loggins and Messina....or "perhaps love" by John Denver.
Old 07-26-2010, 03:30 PM   #996
Crimping Master

Quote:
gosh, I would only know oldies but goodies...Like "just you and I" by Crystal Gail...or "watching the river run" by Loggins and Messina....or "perhaps love" by John Denver.
Oh yes, "Perhaps love" by John Denver.....

Because I Can........

Old 07-26-2010, 03:32 PM   #997
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
Randy Travis Forever and ever amen
Collin Raye Love Me
Dolly or Whitney I will always love you
The new version of "Forever and Ever Amen" with Randy Travis and that chick who I know the name of really well, but can't for the life of me remember at the moment. I should make an acronym for that tcwiktnorwbcftlomtoatm Don't really think that is going to work somehow??

Because I Can........

Old 07-26-2010, 04:20 PM   #998
Mad Swapper

Vicki...
How's your headache?
Old 07-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #999
Crimping Master

Check out this group on FB
Moms Who Need Wine Online Store - I joined!!!

Because I Can........

Old 07-26-2010, 06:29 PM   #1000
Stazon Splitcoast

You girls are cracking me up!

We did the chicken dance (polka) twice at my wedding. I think we also did the hokey pokey, and the macarena (that's not spelled correct, but I think you know what I mean). We had a variety (country, oldies, hip hop, rap, heavy metal).

Our wedding song was Amazed by Lonestar, and the song for the grand march was by Tracy Byrd - The Keeper of the Stars.

Been thinking a lot about my Dad lately. Not so sure why. Not that I don't think of him, but I've been thinking about his last days, and man...when do you run out of tears. he's been gone for 6 1/2 years now...sheesh....
Operation Write Home