Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Splitcoaststampers on InstagramLike Splitcoaststampers on FacebookFollow Splitcoaststampers on TwitterPit Splitcoaststampers on Pinterest

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2010, 06:26 PM   #4041
Creative Crew SU Design Team Alumni

Location: At the end of a dead end dirt road, in the middle of no where!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerriannb View Post
Your room is looking great. I can't wait until I can move out of the dining room into Sheridon's room. Should stop DH whinging about my mess and then I can have all my treasures together. Just don't want to do it to soon in case she comes back, or she feels like I am kicking her out.,
I worried so much about Andy thinking that I didn't want him back home. I waited for 4 months, and for him to tell me he wasn't coming back, well he actually told me he found a job down there!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:24 AM   #4042
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to LaurieR

Pics will probably post Friday or Saturday. I decided to rearrange my bookcase, and there is some other organizing to do. Other than my desk...that will never be organized.

I have decided I have WAY TOO MANY embellishments. I may have a few items to get rid of. Stuff I just know I will not use.

Hope you are all warm.
Operation Write Home
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #4043
SCS RAK Coordinator
Swapper of the Month December 2012

Good Morning Everyone--finally able to chat for a bit with my SCS friends. I got all of my errands and shopping done yesterday, got a new pair of glasses too. We had my roomies staff over for supper last night and it was a nice night--having a two year old in the house at Christmas is so sweet. I went to coffee with the boys today and then to the high school for the retirement celebration. Headed to the family room to swap out the Santa cards, get them postal and then get packed for my trip. I am headed to Orlando tomorrow morning and come back Monday night. The National Athletic Director Convention is there--even though I am retired, I am on a national committe, so I have some meetings and responsibilities. We also have our annual Wisconsin AD's Buca di Peppo Pope's table supper on Saturday night--that is always a great time. I don't think I will get to any of the theme parks as I do not have a full day without an event. The temps are to warm up there and will be in the 70's through the weekend--YAY!! I will have my laptop along and hope to check in a couple of times.

Have a great Wednesday!
Old 12-15-2010, 09:41 AM   #4044
SCS RAK Coordinator

Holly--thank you so much for the wonderful package I received yesterday. That is so sweet!
Old 12-15-2010, 02:14 PM   #4045
Crimping Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
Pics will probably post Friday or Saturday. I decided to rearrange my bookcase, and there is some other organizing to do. Other than my desk...that will never be organized.

I have decided I have WAY TOO MANY embellishments. I may have a few items to get rid of. Stuff I just know I will not use.

Hope you are all warm.
I'm too damn warm. It's 23 degrees at the moment and it's 8.15. Going to be a shocker today with major storms this arfternoon. There was huge hail a few kilometres away yesterday (apparently - DH told me this morning and it was on the news - oops) About to turn the air on so that it is nice when the day really gets hot.

Because I Can........

Check out my blog http://adayinthebrownhouse.blogspot.com.au
Old 12-15-2010, 02:18 PM   #4046
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
I giggle everytime I see that pink futon too! I wondered what he thought about that... isn't it there for when he comes home????

ROFLMBO......arent i an evil mommie???? LOL.................

Old 12-15-2010, 02:20 PM   #4047
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurieR View Post
We had leftover ham, carrots and baked potatoes. Tomorrow I think we are having tacos.

One of these nights (I'm thinking tomorrow) I need to go to Walmart and return Mom's gift. She wants money toward a Garmin because she gets lost so much.

Holly...THANK YOU for the super cute gift! LOVE it!!!
you are welcome! can you tell i thought of Chey with that one!

Old 12-15-2010, 03:49 PM   #4048
SCS RAK Coordinator

Hello Everyone--got the Santa items all swapped and postal today. First time in a long time that there are no swaps in plastic bins in our family room................. Off to church tonight and then to bed early--we need to leave the house by 5:00. Hope to check in at some pont tomorrow--if not, have a great Thursday!
Old 12-15-2010, 04:00 PM   #4049
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaralynn View Post
Holly--thank you so much for the wonderful package I received yesterday. That is so sweet!
you are welcome!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:02 PM   #4050
Hardware Hotshot

travel safely Barb and have fun!

Old 12-15-2010, 04:17 PM   #4051
Hardware Hotshot

i took a friend to her Dr appt this morning, then we ran a few errands then met the girls for lunch at a tavern called the ruddy duck. its a little dive on the waterfront. there is a huge gold mermaid hanging above the bar area, and they had a santa hat on her head and bows on her boobies, it was hilarious! of course could not get good lighting to take a pic LOL

then we went to michaels and browsed a while. i got 2 punches on sale. martha stewart holiday supplies and tools(holiday punches, stamps etc etc) are 40% off already! i picked up a beautiful dove punch that could be used all yr long, she has a flower on her tummy. i will sit this weekend and punch some for each of you in all diff colors and mail out next week. i think you will like it!

dinner tonight was red beans and rice with spicy sausage, and fresh bakery bread.

Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 PM   #4052
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
i took a friend to her Dr appt this morning, then we ran a few errands then met the girls for lunch at a tavern called the ruddy duck. its a little dive on the waterfront. there is a huge gold mermaid hanging above the bar area, and they had a santa hat on her head and bows on her boobies, it was hilarious! of course could not get good lighting to take a pic LOL

then we went to michaels and browsed a while. i got 2 punches on sale. martha stewart holiday supplies and tools(holiday punches, stamps etc etc) are 40% off already! i picked up a beautiful dove punch that could be used all yr long, she has a flower on her tummy. i will sit this weekend and punch some for each of you in all diff colors and mail out next week. i think you will like it!

dinner tonight was red beans and rice with spicy sausage, and fresh bakery bread.
around here they put santa hats on the mounted deer heads. DH has forbidden me to do that with his mounts tho. I think little Addison would giggle if she saw it.

that dove punch from MS in on my wish list. Not a likely purchase for me until after the holidays are over tho.

Work in progress - 27lbs gone.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:49 PM   #4053
Stazon Splitcoast

Have fun Barb and don't give a worry about us freezing out tushies off in WI.

Old 12-15-2010, 06:01 PM   #4054
Crimping Master

Well the shopping is all done. I forgot 3 things, so will go back for them later in the week. Then I don't need to go near a shop until next Friday when I run into Brisbane to get a bit of seafood.
It is just DH and I for Christmas Day (by choice). Lunch will be roast chicken, ham, a bit of basic salad, prawns, moreton bay bugs and pavlova for dessert. We will also have some green prawns cooked on the bbq in cream and sweet chilli sauce with some crusty bread at some stage.
Oop = just reaised I haven't done anything about drinks. Will do that when I get the seafood.

Off to do some baking......

Because I Can........

Old 12-15-2010, 06:56 PM   #4055
Crimping Master

Send a message via AIM to Kjpp

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikkijo View Post
I worried so much about Andy thinking that I didn't want him back home. I waited for 4 months, and for him to tell me he wasn't coming back, well he actually told me he found a job down there!
Heck...Sean is sleeping over Christmas eve and he's sleeping on the couch. His room is now my crafting room! But I did wait about four months before I changed it. Although, he took his bed so there wasn't much left in the room.....maybe I should get him an airbed and move the tables so he can sleep in peace...hmm....I think I should do that for him this week. It will be a lot nicer and the tables are easy enough to move around. We have a airbed from Katie's graduation party.....that might be eaiser than the couch! You girls ALWAYS get me thinking!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:06 PM   #4056
Crimping Master

ut oh..that dove punch is on my wish list also...sigh...no craft purchasing till after christmas. I did mention to DH to skip the Yankee candles and go to michaels for any "gift cards" he might want santa to bring me. I'm making Candy cane martinis for Christmas eve for my family..that plus broccoli cassarole and hot cheese dip...opps...also howling horseradish dip...we just pig out on dips and such on Christmas eve and then go for a dinner thing on Christmas day. I got some more shopping done today and I'm almost seeing the end of the shopping. I refuse to go into any shopping mall this season. I've done a lot of shopping online...and I'm loving it!
Kerriann..I've never had prawns. Up here in New England we have lobster. I've watched many a TV show showing how to cook them and how tasty they are. Do they taste like shrimp...or more like lobster? It sounds like a wonderful meal.
Tonight was stuffed shells and lasagna. Tomorrow is my day off...hope to finish the shopping and then make sheppards pie for dinner (jim's favorite..me I think it's "yucky") Love to all!!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2010, 07:32 PM   #4057
Stazon Splitcoast

Kerriann tell me about the moreton bay bugs.
Operation Write Home
Old 12-15-2010, 07:35 PM   #4058
Stazon Splitcoast

Karen, Tom says the prawns would taste more like shrimp. I haven't a clue!

Barb, have a safe trip. Its a bit warmer there!

Holly, yes I figured you were thinking of Chey with the cute fabric you used! Thanks again!

Rachel where are you?
Operation Write Home
Old 12-15-2010, 09:09 PM   #4059
Crimping Master

Please can I have the candy cane martini recipe?

Prawns are basically big shrimp as far as I can tell. Prawn - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Moreton Bay bugs are a particular sort of bug (similar to a lobster, sort of) which are local to moreton bay, which just happens to be the bay that is the start of the Brisbane river. Thenus orientalis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Because I Can........

Old 12-16-2010, 06:10 AM   #4060
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--checking in from the Milwaukee airport as my flight is delayed for a hour or so...................... flight coming in from Orlando is late--what? I had a free wireless connnection via someones I-phone, but just lost it. So I signed up for 24 hours of Boingo. My friend, who coming from Stevens Point, also is delayed and may not make her connection to Orlando--going to be a fun day.....................

So, off to check what all of my SCS buds are doing!

I will stay warm and think of all of you..................................
Old 12-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #4061
Crimping Master

Default Santa's hat Cocktail

Opps! It's not a candy cane cocktail, it's a santa's hat cocktail!

Santa hat cocktail with a candy cane

2 tablespoons powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon water
3 tablespoons sweetened coconut flakes
3 oz. cranberry juice
1 oz. coconut-flavored rum
1/2 oz. grenadine (1 tablespoon)
Candy cane
Mix together powdered sugar and water on a small saucer until smooth. Spread coconut in a shallow layer on another saucer. Dip the rim of a Martini glass in the sugar mixture until the rim is coated. Then, dip the sugared rim into the coconut. Use a spoon to pack the coconut on to the sugar coating so it stays on the rim.

Add the cranberry juice, coconut rum, and grenadine into a cocktail shaker with ice. Shake and strain into a prepared Martini glass and serve. Garnish with a candy cane.
Old 12-16-2010, 08:31 AM   #4062
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjpp View Post
Heck...Sean is sleeping over Christmas eve and he's sleeping on the couch. His room is now my crafting room! But I did wait about four months before I changed it. Although, he took his bed so there wasn't much left in the room.....maybe I should get him an airbed and move the tables so he can sleep in peace...hmm....I think I should do that for him this week. It will be a lot nicer and the tables are easy enough to move around. We have a airbed from Katie's graduation party.....that might be eaiser than the couch! You girls ALWAYS get me thinking!!!!

giggle...how come we mom's always hafta share? LOL.....

Old 12-16-2010, 08:33 AM   #4063
Hardware Hotshot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue Alt View Post
around here they put santa hats on the mounted deer heads. DH has forbidden me to do that with his mounts tho. I think little Addison would giggle if she saw it.

that dove punch from MS in on my wish list. Not a likely purchase for me until after the holidays are over tho.

PM me your addy and i will send out some when i send the others!

Old 12-16-2010, 08:37 AM   #4064
Hardware Hotshot

we are drizzly and dreary today........and i am feeling very ocd or add or whatever! and i think my coffee pot has broken......GASP.....you all know how i LIVE on coffee..if i could mainline i would LOL.............seriously i know i will be out tomorrow getting a new one. nuttin fancy, just one that willl brew into the pot and NOT all over my countertop

Old 12-16-2010, 12:49 PM   #4065
Crimping Master

Morning all.
Up early as I have to meet my Mumma at the hospital for a 7.45am appointment.
Soapbox...... My Aunt lives 3/4 hour away, but it is too early for her. My uncle, who has been wonderful the whole time she has been sick and has been staying at her place - 40 mins from me - nearly the whole time, can't bring her over. She is getting medical transport over - there is a special scheme for the elderley, so I have to meet her. My sister is up at Mum and Dad's, and she didn't visit Mumma at all while she was in hospital here, only while she was in the little hospital where Mumma lives. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind doing this, but why can't someone else help?
Her heart is on the way our and she is quite frail, so I sugusted that we do a round robin when my Uncle goes home and someone goes to see her every 2 or 3 days. There are 4 of us - me, my sister, my aunt and Mum, but Peta and Aunty Janette don't know if they can commit to that - Aunty Janette isn't well and Peta has Annabelle and is pregnant. Mum and I are the busiest and the furtherest away and we can... Uncle Graham lives almist 6 hours and is happy to come every 6 weeks or so for 10 days.

Off soapbox.....

Because I Can........

Old 12-16-2010, 02:10 PM   #4066
Hardware Hotshot

Big hugs to you Kerriann (((HUGS))))))

i can so totally relate to that, it really sucks to be the only one who will make the time to help out, and esp when the others take advantage of that fact.

if i lived closer i would totally help you in any way

i am sorry to hear she is so sick, please know i am there in heart and Prayers.

Luv Ya Girlie

Old 12-16-2010, 03:31 PM   #4067
Stazon Splitcoast

Oh Kerriann, I can relate. I went thru the same type of garbage when Grandma Rose was sick for a while. However...her son (my uncle) lived five minutes away and was a schmuck about it. Hugs sweetie! Enjoy the time you have with her. It's precious!
Operation Write Home
Old 12-16-2010, 03:49 PM   #4068
Crimping Master

Kerriann..hugs and prayers to you and your family... I'm so sorry to hear about your Mumma
Old 12-16-2010, 05:53 PM   #4069
Stazon Splitcoast

Quote:
Originally Posted by sempermom View Post
PM me your addy and i will send out some when i send the others!

PM sent - thank you for thinking of me.

Old 12-16-2010, 05:58 PM   #4070
Stazon Splitcoast

kerriann - sending cyber hugs to you {{{{ }}}}} and prayers on their way up.

Old 12-16-2010, 06:44 PM   #4071
Crimping Master

Thanks girls. I just needed to have the little rant. I know you all understand. She really needs a new valve in her heart, but at 87 she has decided to just live out her life without it. She has been in hospital so long because they couldn't get the infection in her leg under control, so she is very weak, but will be ok. Thanks for the hugs and prayers

Because I Can........

Old 12-16-2010, 06:46 PM   #4072
Stazon Splitcoast

Sue, can you open Word documents?

I emailed everyone Sue's info but forgot her birthday. UGH!
Operation Write Home
Old 12-17-2010, 05:32 AM   #4073
SCS RAK Coordinator

Good Morning--checking in from sunny Orlando--and it sure is nice............ The flight down was good and we were only a bit late. Got to the hotel around 2 and had a meeting at 3:00. I worked in the Wisconsin hospitality room for a couple of hours and then came back to the room. I think Deb and I are going shopping to the outlet mall that is a few miles from here. Be back later if I can-no free wireless in the room--darn. Need to go to the lobby. Have a great Friday!
Old 12-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #4074
Stazon Splitcoast

Glad you and Deb arrived safely. Please wish her a Merry Christmas for me. I hope she comes and stamps with us soon!

I hope to post pics of my stamping room/office over the weekend. I was SUPER cranky last night, so I went shopping for a bit to return Mom's gift and found four more Scooby Doo movies for the boys. I think I will shop Amazon.com for their birthday. They just love Scooby Doo, and the short movies give Mom just enough time to get something done when she is babysitting. Trust me...they do not just sit in front of a TV all day.

Vikki, I have an envelope to get mailed to you. It was supposed to be gone a couple of days ago already, but that just hasn't happened. I will post it tomorrow morning. I apologize.

What else....not much I guess. I am very glad it's Friday. Tomorrow and Sunday are all about baking and baking, and oh yah....baking!
Operation Write Home
Old 12-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #4075
Hardware Hotshot

Morning Girlies,

have a few errands to run today, weather looks a bit better than yesterday.....hopefully not as windy, that is what most of our troubles were that darn wind!

not sure what will be for dinner tonight, maybe a pizza from walmart, they are actually rather tasty...esp when i dont have to build it LOL...just stuff it in the oven.........

hope all have a good friday.....

i'm goin to Lauries for baked goodies this weekend, anyone wanna ride? i'll pick you up!!

Old 12-17-2010, 08:06 AM   #4076
Stazon Splitcoast

Chocolate chip cookies, peanut butter cookies with peanut butter cups in the middle (made in a mini muffin pan), molasses cookies, english toffee balls, a new cookie recipe from Penzeys, black bottom cupcakes and friendship bread....that's the list for the weekend. double batches of all by molasses....YUM!!!
Operation Write Home
Old 12-17-2010, 02:09 PM   #4077
Hardware Hotshot

wow...i am so totally droolin here...it all sounds nummy Lauriie, but esp the molasses!

dinner tonight is pizza andd chips and salsa....no big deal there, easy peasy!

we will do the grocery run this weekend, oh joy! and pick up the ham for Christmas day.
Robert was reading me some store ad's the other day and was all excited about this dessert tray one has, all sorts of stuff, for 10-12 people! i reminded him it will only be the 5 of us, and both Moms are bring desserts ! the man is such a foodie he says yeah, but this way we'll have all sorts of choices and left overs.....OMG......i need a tums just thinking about that much food

Old 12-17-2010, 05:12 PM   #4078
Hardware Hotshot

goin through the drawers in the room here, sheesh, why have i kept some of this stuff?

Old 12-17-2010, 06:12 PM   #4079
Hardware Hotshot

Default how would you word this on an invite?

ok, so, a friend is having an anniversary party. they have hired a stretch limo, and invited a few of us couples out to dinner.
each couple will pay for their own meal.

my friend wants to make invitations and include the menu in some way.

how should we word it that each couple pays for thier meal?

we thought saying "dutch treat" is more for girls night out or lunch.

i thought of printing the menu on vellum, trim the edges pretty and layer onto cardstock and tie with ribbon, and add some doves punched out of silver cardstock (its thier 25th).

but we are stumped on the wording!

help!!!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 06:15 PM   #4080
Hardware Hotshot

oh, and should we state that the meal price is $25 per person?