Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 12:28 PM   #1
Insane Embellisher

Default Need ideas - Halloween Party Activity for 5th Grade

For some unknown reason, I ended up "volunteering" to help with the Halloween party at my son's school. They put me in charge of the games, but I don't have a clue. There's lots of things you could do with little kids, but they are getting a bit more sophisticated by the time they get into 5th grade, so I'm not sure what to do. Has anyone done something like this? I'd love some ideas, especially ones that are easy and don't require a lot of prep as I work full time too.

Visit my Demo Website
I have a bouncing baby blog

There are three types of people in the world - those who can count and those who can't.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 10-02-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
Matboard Maniac

Send a message via AIM to akmas

My DD class always asked for me to do this game.
Break the kids into 2 groups sometimes they like to do the boys against the girls.
Make a list of all things Halloween pumpkin, candy, ghosts - I usually type this out and then cut the words out and put them in a baggie.
Have one person from the team sit in a chair facing his team, then you draw one of the words out and the whole team has to act out the word for that person to guess. See how many words that person can get in one minute.
It is so funny to see how they all act out the same word.
Give candy prizes to the winning team.
I hope it makes sense. Have Fun!
Old 10-02-2008, 02:26 PM   #3
Matboard Maniac

When my kids were little between school and scouts we were always doing a party of some kind. Depends upon how big of a mess you'd like. At Halloween we did a mummy wrap. We put the kids into groups of about 4 and gave them each a roll of toilet paper and one person had to be the mummy. The others then hurried to be the first group done wrapping their mummy. If you have space outdoors you can do pumpkin bowling. Take some 2 liter pop bottles, paint them white like ghosts and set up like a bowling alley. Then use smaller pumpins to bowl with.

We always had good luck with games on the chalk board, like a pictionary game or hangman with Halloween words. You can make up a Halloween bingo using halloween words instead of letter and then they have to holler something like Jack-o-Lantern instead of bingo. If you're really ambitious look up Halloween trivia and make up a "Who wants to be a Millionaire" game. They can have teams and then have the lifelines, call a teacher, poll the audience (class) or eliminate two wrong answers.

Hope these help and they most can work for any holiday. Oh and one year I took several large white sheets and made up a Christmas twister game, putting pictures of holiday things instead of the colored circles. My spinner then had the pictures on it along with the hand/foot required. I'd make sure you had seperate ones for boys and girls for that game!

Toni
Old 10-02-2008, 02:58 PM   #4
Stazon Splitcoast

I agree with Toni! The pumpkin bowling is really cute. However when you get to the fifth grade boys especially, remind them not to break the pumpkin!
Old 10-03-2008, 01:24 PM   #5
Insane Embellisher

What great ideas ladies! Keep 'em coming!

Visit my Demo Website
I have a bouncing baby blog

There are three types of people in the world - those who can count and those who can't.
Old 10-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #6
Mad Swapper

If I need to come up with the game for my DS's 5th grade class this year (there IS always a chance someone will drop from heaven and offer to do it), this is my idea:
Come up with enough Halloweenish nouns so there is one for each kid and write them each on a sticker.
Put one sticker on each kid's back without them seeing their own.
Have each student ask each of their classmates 1 yes/no question about who/what they are.
See who can figure out who/what they are from the answers.

I ran it by my 16 yo DD and she thought it sounded good.