Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-12-2005, 12:01 PM   #1
Mad Swapper

Send a message via MSN to girlygirl
Red face My butt is bigger than I thought...

So today I went to run some errands and left DH at home with all the kids. It was one of those moments where you stop and think, "Should I just go to Blockbuster and turn around and go home, or should I keep driving and go to Mexico?" Well, I opted for the antique mall instead of Mexico. Ironically, as I walked in, there was a giant display of Longaberger baskets for sale, and the exact same one I had been swindled out of on Ebay was there for sale...$95! I thought to myself, "Gee, I got a way better deal! I only paid $50!" Yeah, I'm that stupid. (if you don't already know, I never got the basket, but the seller got my money.) Anyway, I digress. I'm walking around and find this adorable vanity and chair that would be perfect for my new craft room. I bend over to look at the price, and my worst nightmare came true. I KNOCKED OVER A DISPLAY OF DEPRESSION GLASS! WITH MY BUTT! I heard the horrible sound of glass breaking, and then someone said, "uh oh!" It was so earth shattering that the employees actually turned off the ambience music and everyone came running toward the direction of the din (at me of course) and I'm standing there like a complete idiot with big worthless pieces of broken depression glass in my hand saying, "I bent over, and then my butt knocked all of this stuff over!" They called the consignee, and she said it was okay, and didn't make me pay for the $30 worth of stuff I broke (can you believe it!) but I felt bad, so I bought an adorable pink milk glass compote dish from her for $12.

I think I'm going to go ahead and stay home for the rest of the day!
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:13 PM   #2
Die Cut Diva

Send a message via Yahoo to jen9853

Oh no!!! At least the consignee was nice and understanding about it!

I almost took out a whole rack of scrapbook paper at the LSS the other day with my butt.... I've gained a lot of weight over the last year (60+ pounds) and I'm still not used to my new circumference! I bent over, just like you, to look at some paper near the bottom, and my butt pushed the rack behind me, and it started to teeter. I grabbed the very top shelf and quickly righted it... nothing fell, and no one noticed besides my Mom... the rest of the afternoon she kept singing "We got big butts and we cannot lie..." instead of "we like big butts". Sheesh.

Anyhow, I wanted to share with you that you aren't alone!
Old 11-12-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
Rubber Obsessor

That is so awful that I can't believe it didn't happen to me!! In your defense, those antique mall aisles are always VERY narrow. At least the seller was nice about it, too. Also had to laugh at the Longaberger pricing rationale - too funny! I hope you do get your money back on that and tomorrow is bound to be better than today

Susan
Old 11-12-2005, 12:17 PM   #4
Polyshrink Goddess

{{{{hugs}}}}

This sort of thing has happened to most of us at one time or another. Sounds like you were having a lousy day already (headed to Mexico?). Hope the day gets better. I would avoid telling DH -- men just tend to make these things worse.
Old 11-12-2005, 12:25 PM   #5
Stazon Splitcoast

Ooops! Oh well things worked out.... hope the rest of your day is better!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:29 PM   #6
Forum Fanatic

Talking

I'm totally laughing WITH you, Sonya! I will share a very funny "big butt" experience, so you don't feel alone. You can laugh right along with me!

My mom and I went on a girl scout trip with my daughters. One place we went was an amusement park (small, local rinky-dink place.) There was an old roller coaster there. Mom and I got in one car. It was a VERY TIGHT squeeze. We kinda laughed about it until the guy comes by and says we have to use the seatbelt. We say, "OK," and try to find it... Once we find it and TRY to fasten it, we realize we would need about 7 extenders to get it to the clasp. We look at him and say, "We are in here so tight that no matter what, we aren't coming out of this thing." He actually let us ride w/out the seatbelt. I think he didn't know what to do! We still laugh about it! That was so freakin' funny!

So hang in there girly! You're in very good company!

Ever hear the song by Laura Love...My Booty, my big ole booty...I take it, take it shopping...I buy it....(blah, blah, blah)... I feed it, feed it peanut butter.... It is hysterical!

Smooches!
Old 11-12-2005, 01:45 PM   #7
Pearl-ExPert

Default Uhhhh...can't believe I'm posting this!

Okay...hope this adds a little comfort to your day! It is true that misery loves comfort regardless what anyone else (with a tiny bootaaayyy) might say

How about our office get's all new office chairs one year...and one day I sit in my old office chair and my butt which once used to fit just fine in it...somehow is crunched in it now---what the H*@%???

I swear it's the fault of all those drug reps who visit our office bearing goodies & Starbucks...as I lick my lips heheh!!!

I also agree that the isles in most antique stores are always way too narrow...I haven't had to worry about my butt in one as much as I worry about swinging my purse into one...have come pretty close to doing that!

Cheer up, chocolate will cure this problem...I promise
Old 11-12-2005, 04:22 PM   #8
New Mommy

Send a message via MSN to jkincolorado

Sonya....YOU??? BIG BUTT???? Puh-lease!!!!!

But your story *is* kinda funny
Old 11-12-2005, 05:03 PM   #9
Stazon Splitcoast

well, sonya, i'm blaming all those items i brush off the store shelves with my body on my winter coat!! if they didn't stack thoses shelves so full nothing would get knocked on the floor!!!!
Old 11-12-2005, 05:16 PM   #10
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via AIM to nicksmom917

I feel your pain sister. If I'm walking with my 3 year old and stop suddenly, he runs into my big booty and bounces off like 3 feet in the opposite direction. I'm thinking, "What am I? The Pillsbury Dough Boy?"
My nonstamping, weight-loss blog sort of.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:18 PM   #11
Pearl-ExPert

Sonya - You so don't have a big butt! If you have a big butt then mine must be HUGE!!!! I'm sorry but I totally had to laugh because it is so something I would do. I don't have a butt story but I have a typical Lorie story...My son was singing in a competition and I didn't make it to the performance but did want to make it to the adjudication. So, I get to the room where they are and I was carefully trying to get the door open so I wasn't disturbing anyone and of course the door comes flying open and I just about fall on the floor! Yep, everyone turned and looked! I was horrified and of course my son was so embarassed! Ah, typical, clumsy Lorie! Hope that makes you feel better! ~Lorie
Old 11-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #12
Pearl-ExPert

-----> me laughing because I have so had that happen to me! I'm not a bog girl so i don't quite understand how it happens but it does!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicksmom917
I feel your pain sister. If I'm walking with my 3 year old and stop suddenly, he runs into my big booty and bounces off like 3 feet in the opposite direction. I'm thinking, "What am I? The Pillsbury Dough Boy?"
Old 11-13-2005, 10:16 PM   #13
Stazon Splitcoast

Send a message via Yahoo to ReindeerTrout

Wanna trade butts? No. I didn't think so. So shut the heck up! Those people know better than to put small glass items where a customer might have to bend over... it's all their fault!