Register

Today's Posts

Search

Get the Weekly
Inkling
newsletter

Previous Issues

Get Social

Like Splitcoaststampers on Facebook Follow Splitcoaststampers on Twitter Watch Splitcoaststampers Videos on YouTube

Sponsored Ads

Splitcoaststampers.com - the world's #1 papercrafting community
You're currently viewing Splitcoaststampers as a GUEST. We pride ourselves on being great hosts, but guests have limited access to some of our incredible artwork, our lively forums and other super cool features of the site! You can join our incredible papercrafting community at NO COST. So what are you waiting for?

Join the party at Splitcoaststampers today!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By vz5dzh
  • 1 Post By Schweeda
  • 1 Post By Angie1974

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2013, 04:32 AM   #1
Matboard Maniac

Default Mistrust "friends"...

For months now, Iíve been so upset that Iíve completely ignore the physical existence of someone I know. We were once good friends. Had lunch. Shared life events. E-mailed daily-sometimes a few times a day. Through the years, weíve drifted slowly apart just because I felt like she was not honest with me. She didnít trust me. She only wanted to gather information, knowledge from me just so that she knew, but didnít share. She spoke in third person- telling me that there was not purpose in me knowing the name of the people she was referring to. Apparently, she speaks to others in this language. I figure if thatís how she feels, what I thought was a good friendship really wasnít. So I distance myself to her.

Once at a family event, it was mentioned casually that she had a dislike for someone and that I had mentioned to her family member. She came back at me like a mother scowling a child. It was so awkward. I told her I had not said what she claims in that term. It was all misunderstanding with words. From that point on, I realize she wasnít someone I wanted to be too friendly with.

Now, few years laterÖ we restarted e-mailing due to having kids similar in age. She had asked about some event and I e-mailed her information thinking I was being nice. One thing lead to another (- she has the gift of getting info out from people) that I gave her my thoughts about certain people. Which are completely correct and if anyone asked, I would have said the exact thing. The problem I have is that I was accidently butt dialed on the cell phone and a conversation was recorded. It was between her and one of the people that I named in the e-mail. Through this recorded conversation, I discovered she had forwarded a few e-mails that I sent to her to this person! Now, after the incident years ago, I felt so betrayed. Knowing how she felt about saying things, she goes ahead and forwards my info. I know e-mails are not confidential. But to think how she feels about conversations, that she goes ahead and shares my thoughts with others? Particularly with those involved???? Iíve been so upset that I canít stand the sight of her. Iíve completely ignored her. I donít wave. I donít say hi. I just pretend she is non-existence. Iím sure sheís wondering why. The first time I saw her after the cell phone incident, I was so mad when I actually saw her with her phony smile, I was really rude. Couple days later, I received an e-mail from her asking me if life was OK because I havenít been myself lately. I deleted the message. Iíve also havenít been myself with the person who called me on the cell that the message was recorded. I havenít ignored him, but Iíve gone my way to not be in contact with him. Only because I also realized they share information. For some reason, I donít want her to know anything about whatís going on with me just because I know she wants to know. Kids game maybe.

She is, or we assumed, a married middle aged lady. The cell call picked up at 1230 AM . She was with another man. She has issues herself. Thatís her personal thing. I donít want anything to do with her anymore.

Objectively, what would you do? Yes, itís been months and it still bothers me. Knowing how she operates ( as Iíve been told she gathers information from others ) through the years. What she does with it, we donít know. But when she speaks, itís like, ďyea, I knew. But Iím not telling you howĒ. Isnít that irritating? Or is it just me?

THANKS for listening/reading.
Tweet this Post! Share on Facebook Reddit!! Pin on Pinterest! Share on Google+!
Old 04-07-2013, 06:56 AM   #2
SCS Swap Moderator

Sounds like too much drama for me.

Your best bet is to not say anything about other people behind their back, that you wouldn't say to their face.
buggainok likes this post.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:20 AM   #3
Stazon Splitcoast

That IS very irritating. I would continue to not acknowledge her or the guy. Life's too short.
Old 04-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Pearl-ExPert

I agree. You don't need that crap in your life. I would cut both of them out of your life! Who needs them!
jeanstamping2 likes this post.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #5
Polyshrink Goddess

I would put about 19 miles between yourself and these people! Seriously, life is too short to deal with people like them!
Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #6
Die Cut Diva

Drop her like a hot potato and don't look back. Some people live to manipulate others.
jeanstamping2 likes this post.